Be real, have you ever actually gotten first place?

Be real, have you ever actually gotten first place?

Attached: tetris-99-tetris-br-battle-royale_ta4e.jpg (1200x675, 151K)

Only in this post

I've got second once, and a bunch of top 10's. Need to git gud if I want to win.

No. Farthest I got was 2nd. I suck at Tetris
t. spins are impossible for me

Yes. A couple times actually. Mostly get in too 10 though

Highest was 4th. Though I usually place in either the top 10 or 20's

I got in the top 10, not gonna waste any more time than that!

I did three times in about sixty or seventy games. Fun game but I never ended up going back to it after the first weekend.

My second game ever was first place, then I played hundreds of more and only got another in the splatoon event

Well done! My highest ever was 5

What are some strategies for this? Normally I just target KOs because I like the idea of being the reason someone gets killed in this, and it earns me badges so I can kill even easier. Is just badge hunting better? Though I feel like the better players would have the badges and thus be harder to kill anyway. Or maybe just target my attackers? What do you anons do?

Attached: 154473203656.png (528x501, 293K)

8 times out of 161 matches

i've won like eighty games i think? probably a bit less

Attached: people-emotion-expression-concept-confused-indian-man-shrugging-over-grey-background-confused-indian (1600x989, 91K)

about 12 times normally and only once in an event

never gotten the 10 nintendo funbux

They give you money if you win? Or was that the event?

I won like 30 or so games, but it took me fucking forever to win my first game.
It's kinda boring now. Would rather play Puyo Puyo Tetris or Tetris Effect if I want to play Guideline Tetris. I'm just trying to grind a sub-35 Sprint right now for the hell of it.

Attached: 2010-05-17-beartato-newcar.jpg (325x419, 31K)

It's honestly random with how good the person you're playing against is, of course factoring in the rng of the pieces too. Skill is involved but there's more luck here than I wished

for events, you get gold coins if you manage to place in the top 999 for wins or points

A lot of the times I die prematurely is because a bunch of good players were set on me and kill me with tetrises. I also heard that the random thing actually is biased to the higher leveled players in the match, and there's a few videos proving this too.

>of course factoring in the rng of the pieces to
Everyone gets the same array of pieces

Won about 20 times, but after not playing it for a while I'm struggling to beat the last 5 or so.

with holds, that makes the game way more varied

I cant believe tetris friends is gone, bros.

I did, and it sucked
A bunch of Korean try hards wreck me every time

About 3 times

>mfw

Attached: file.png (1280x1115, 1.96M)

you must hang around scum to ask people itt to be real about something t\that mundane

anyway check this 5

It's not even that hard. Are you even trying?

Attached: ADC8AC3E8A0943AD9930F0A21AAF8F04.jpg (1085x1043, 145K)

Yep! It was good.

Yeah man why make a thread about video games on a video game board like what the fuck

>472673989
>08/02/19(Fri) 20:46:13
Litreally not a single 5 in your entire post number or timemark

Attached: fillet.jpg (300x168, 10K)

This is what it feels like to slaughter everyone in the top 10.
>all those dumbasses powering up my t-spins by attacking me for my badges
Makes me laugh every time.

Attached: 1503534215136.gif (480x270, 3.76M)

Literally once, in the first week.

25% winrate, ask me for shitty semi-pro advice

Attached: 1563833756682.gif (203x335, 548K)

O tetris god, WHY THE FUCK ARE COMBOS WORTHLESS? I know they were busted in PPT but there's no reason for them to do exactly nothing now.

yea, over 100 times I think
haven't played in a little while though

They're mostly just what separate good cleanup from shitty cleanup, so the person who cleans up more efficiently gets rewarded for it. They're also really good for answering alot of attackers at once (especially with lots of badges) since they become worth so much more. Very useful for making the most of a low stack.

just bait a dozen attackers by stacking really right and covering the hole, and then combo them into oblivion by sending 10 lines per clear

4-5 out of 70-80 games maybe ?
Also is it me or is this game much harder with a pro controller than with joycons ?

pro controller's dpad is hot garbo

Yes, like 15 times. I stopped playing though.

I find that the spacing for the joycon d-pad helps me a lot. I just wish that the buttons were a bit bigger.
Also the D-pad for the pro-controller is shit.