Is it worth getting a switch for?

Is it worth getting a switch for?
anything they do better or worse than fates?
any standout characters this time around?
do they introduce any rts strategies like flanking now that you fight in battalions?
how do they compensate for lack of a weapon's triangle? they never quite addressed that in echoes.

Attached: fire_emblem_three_houses_promo_art_3.jpg (1600x800, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18415216
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is it worth getting a switch for?
No
>anything they do better or worse than fates?
It's less content, less FPS, and more padding with useless dialog
>any standout characters this time around?
the SJWs and Nintendo of America ruined the waifus
>do they introduce any rts strategies like flanking now that you fight in battalions?
Nope no new mechanics at all. Just FE on your TV again
>how do they compensate for lack of a weapon's triangle? they never quite addressed that in echoes.
They dont

This FE game is the fucking worst since Fates and everyone wasting money on this are shills

Worst FE game of all time pretty much. Haven't seen anybody that's not a sjw or a urinalist say otherwise

fpbp

Seething tranny

Despite some faults, it is probably the best Fire Emblem in a long time. The characterization of everyone is masterfully articulated through their support conversations, and never makes any feel like a walking stereotype. The only think this game does worse than Fates is gameplay and difficulty. Nevertheless, 3H is superior to most other games in the franchise and well worth getting if you have a Switch.

>The characterization of everyone is masterfully articulated
this is what 80 IQ weeaboos actually believe

The maps are so-so; nothing as good as Conquest but nothing as bad as Echoes. The combat mechanics have more focus on Player Phase attacks instead of Enemy Phase. For example, Gauntlets get more hits on Player Phase.

>do they introduce any rts strategies like flanking now that you fight in battalions?

The battalions don't work like that at all. They're basically skills you can use instead of normal attacks. The first ones you get are just attacks that can't be counterattacked, but some give you other effects like an area Mov buff.

fpbp. fire emblem is trash. it only exists to sell mobile gacha shit to whales.

eshop is fucky or i would have bought it already
was it a good thing ?

>No
>Better story (as if that's difficult), worse gameplay.
>Bernie is qt
>Battalions are just glorified equipment that give you access to a special attack.
>They don't. Certain skills emulate the triangle but it's more or less gone now.
It's a fine game. Casualized in some ways but overall a more consistent product than the 3ds titles.

fpbp /thread

Some crazy samefagging going on.
There are a few new features, the most obvious being Gambits.

TL;DR, you can attach battalions to your units, which grant them bonus stats, and give them bonus abilities-- like boosting a group of allies movement speeds, setting parts of the map on fire, poisoning enemies, or doing AoE magic damage.

I actually enjoyed this entry a lot, OP. And I really disliked Fates, aside from Conquest's maps/gameplay. Three Houses is up there with Path of Radiance for me. May be one of my favorites, if not my favorite. Gonna have to finish the other routes before I decide though.

>No
>Yes
>It's less content, less FPS, and more padding with useless dialog
Lies! It's have HUGE amount of content. Persona 5 in comparison with FETH little low-key jrpg.
>how do they compensate for lack of a weapon's triangle? they never quite addressed that in echoes.
Triangle still in the game.

Different user here. Why are you lying? The triangle isn't in the game. Instead, everything is more focused around weapon weight. So, while the triangle exists (sort-of) due to how the weapons interact with each other, with swords being faster than axes, for instance, it's literally not in the game.

And I say this as someone who considers this entry their favorite.

>
I actually enjoyed this entry a lot, OP. And I really disliked Fates, aside from Conquest's maps/gameplay. Three Houses is up there with Path of Radiance for me.
The game has been out for LITERALLY a week and you already beat it? Jesus Christ this entry really is the weakest one (and SHORTEST) yet. I'd be PISSED if I paid $60 for this and already beat it.

>Gambits
These additions add next to nothing for depth in the combat and aren't worth the effort to micromanage

This FE is like Fates but somehow worse

This is a very important question
strawpoll.me/18415216
strawpoll.me/18415216
strawpoll.me/18415216

no
no one game is worth a console

>The characterization of everyone is masterfully articulated through their support conversations
user, I.... I don't want to believe you are real

No
More content, focus on the social aspects, imo better maps.
Yea, all girls are cute, if that's what you mean.
The house leaders are all kinda interesting in their own way.
I never use bettalions and one-shot everything, it's a meme.
They don't.

+++ You can play on Japanese, and listen to all the changes they made to the script
Like Claude calls you "brother"(兄弟) in the Jap version, and on the English he just calls you a friend.

*Except a Vita for P4G

absolutely cringe post

There are skills with the same function as the triangle now. Axe/lance/swordbreaker at level B of whichever weapon.

Spoken like a cum-lapping SJW that's slurping down NoA's lukewarm, SJW-infested Fire Emblem game
Stay mad, nerd. My Mikasa body pillow will comfort me later - can you say that same about your FE SJW Waifus?

Depends how much you like FE and how much you like anime school-sims. But generally: no.
Better story, better characters, worse maps. In fact, worse maps of all nu-FE games.
The leaders for sure.
>how do they compensate for lack of a weapon's triangle?
No and this one is gonna take a while, and most of it is gonna point in the same direction: making the game easy as fuck while being an underwhelming FE game.

>mediocre to shit maps
>meme lines to tell who's gonna be attacked next turn as well as showing unusual AI behavior upfront
>units wielding multiple weapon types to make things even easier and use multiple breaker skills
>units can change to any classes making unit selection a favorite fest
>no WT, elmininating strategic aspects from the maps and unit deployment/grouping options
>animations are shit
>adjutants are pairing 2.0 and just as OP
>gambits are free hits without retaliation
>stride broken as fuck and just free movement
>magic is now learned and has a seperate inventory and lets you spam it until it replenishes automatically
>monastery aspect is just free XP allocation from PoR but made 200x as time consuming
>fetch quests - in a fucking SRPG

Under the line none of these things are especially bad, but the whole package just makes for a lackluster entry to the franchise. People aren't wrong when they say that those hyping it up are only focusing on the exterior, because mechanically it is quite disappointing.
But to come back to the triangle, there are breaker skills in the game that have the same purpose, but the lack of enemy utilization of the same, as well as units being able to learn multiple ones, together with the multi-classes doesn't make up one bit.

I bet you're the same idiot who posted its the best game in another thread.

I swear to god, this dude shows up in any FE thread and makes the same post.

>3H is superior to most other games in the franchise
And he never makes any damn sense or says why this is the case. All this game has going for it that could be called objectively better, is the free exploration and that because other games didn't have it.
Anything else, other games did better.

weapon triangle was never a meaningful mechanic and literally doesn't matter 99% of the time. In fact it makes games more braindead to just bait a sword foe with a lance unit and calling yourself a master tactician for coming up with such a big brain strategy.

>weapon triangle was never a meaningful mechanic
And now we have even less. Pathetic.
>In fact it makes games more braindead to just bait a sword foe with a lance unit
You're a moron m8. Many maps were literally designed around triangle placement, making the player decide which unit to field on the map and which groups to send in which direction.
However braindead you think "proper unit utilization" might have been, there's even less input from the game now.

F3H is literally just checkers with anime characters.

Every thread you post this in, you get proven wrong.
When will you finally get it?

oh man I sure miss my hit 100 swordmaster killing a lance cav with 46 hit

>Many maps were literally designed around triangle placement, making the player decide which unit to field on the map and which groups to send in which direction.
Lol no. Only in FEH where there's a TA blue mage in range ready to rape your sword unit if you use one to bait an axe unit. Shit like that has never been present in mainline games, and I dare you to post maps proving me otherwise.

I doubt it because you can still do it in F3H since nothing holds you back anymore :^)

>Lol no.
>Shit like that has never been present in mainline games
Never played them I guess. Its not like most maps had enemy groupings that were targeted at certain units or something, or especially strong units of one type to counter making short time of smaller other type units...

What a sad fucking display. I dont know what you get from jumping around threads and lying, but everyone knows you're full of shit.
You're not changing anything.

>can't prove me wrong
>haha no u
Compelling argument from a nu-FE faggot.

Attached: 32t.jpg (194x259, 14K)

>he literally just went and downloaded an Arvis portrait to shitpost
Sad

ok bud

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02 v - Video Games » Searching for posts with the filename ‘32t jpg’ .png (549x415, 83K)

This.

The game doesn't make up for anything and just further casualized the formula of an already easy game. This game almost plays itself becaus eyou cant do anything wrong...

If lunatic doesnt help then I'm fucking done with this. Its not a proper game anymore and just faggy reddit shit like talking to "cute anime boys" and running around picking up leaves.