Can’t wait for this part in the remake

Can’t wait for this part in the remake.

Attached: 4C04E8A5-45E5-4C7D-8816-FC966A65C9FB.jpg (2560x1440, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MhEm5fYPmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You want that because its funny to see Tifa calling out Barret, or because you just want to see "retard" just for the sake of seeying something controversial like nigger or something

DOnt get me wrong, retard for me its not a big deal, but i couldn't care less if they change it to idiot or something like that.

>do you want that
ftfm

I bet they won't even have this option in the remake.

I want it for all those reasons and more.

Humor today has no edge. I hate that when I watch older movies or play older games I think to myself “WOW, WE COULD NEVER GET AWAY WITH THAT TODAY”~

We aren’t suppose to go backwards.

The fuck happened to comedy? Humor should be pushing the boundary.

They'll prob change it. It doesn't really matter though. The whole point was Cloud and Tifa aren't too shook by climbing stairs because they are young, while Barret is a bit older and starts gettin all weird about it.

"why they have to build these buildings so damn tall?"

Knowing how terribly the script was localized, I doubt this was meant as an insult to the mentally disabled.

>Aeris will have her Kingdom Hearts "innocence personified" personality
>Tifa won't call Barret a retard
>Cid won't be abusive to Shera
>Barret won't dress up like a Popeye sailor
>Red XIII won't dress up like a Shinra soldier
>Yuffie won't have unbuttoned short shorts
>No marching or squatting minigames
>Since the entire game is just Midgar and you'd only have four party members until Red XIII joins at the end, Jessie and Biggs will get added as temp party members
>More focus on the Turks
>Rufus won't die
>Palmer won't randomly get hit by a truck when you beat him
>Scarlet won't name the world's most powerful weapon the Sister Ray
>Don Corneo won't try to rape a 16 year-old
>Crisis Core people will show up in Cloud's flashbacks
>Hojo won't try to breed Red XIII and Aeris
>Dio won't be a muscular guy in a speedo
>No Barret date, probably no Yuffie date
>No Tifa/Scarlet girly slapfight
>No extremely time-consuming CPR minigame with an underage girl
>No gay sauna scene
>Fewer wacky enemies
>Increased emphasis on Zack, his parents are no longer missable
>Probably more about Cloud's past during Midgar since you can't have an entire game where you don't go into the protagonist's history
>Final boss of Midgar will no longer be a random tank
>They'll somehow work in "dilly-dally-shilly-shally"

Attached: download (1).jpg (820x620, 423K)

The remake will probably have a better translation. I understand that people have a lot of nostalgia for OG FF7, but I highly doubt that a translation job done mostly by one guy on a strict schedule is entirely accurate.

More importantly, will they keep in the part where Tifa runs ahead, then gets embarrassed, runs back down, and demands the boys go first(so they don't look up her skirt)?

Same here, bro. Can't wait for this either.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4MhEm5fYPmo

Just watched the OG scene again, and really, the retard is like, 10% of the entire scene humor.

Personally everyone is like "SHUT UP AND CLIMB", like a group of friends climbing endless stairs. I could relate to that. Its funny for me.

Also, how tifa gets embarrassed and ask the boys to go first so they dont look at her panties/spats.

How cloud tells barret "stop laughing, you are giving me the creeps, knock it off" and both tifa and barret calls cloud out for finally caring about someone

These three are waaaay more important than the retard.

She wears fucking black shorts now.

I hate her new design so much.

>Don Corneo won't try to rape a 16 year-old
Call me a faggot if you want, I consider this a plus. I get that Don Corneo is a fucking creep but that scene in HD will be off the fucking charts creepy.

>The first part of Remake will cover the game's opening events in the city of Midgar over two Blu-ray discs.
So is the whole game going to be 50+ discs? Explain this.

Political correctness killed comedy. It's all propaganda now.
>Rewatching the Shin-Chan dub on Hulu
>Jokes about child sweat shops
>Jokes about heroin and crack addiction
>Jokes about Mexicans being desperate for work
>Jokes about gays
>The word 'homo' is used as a slur
>TO BE A MAN YOU MUST HAVE HONOR. HONOR AND A PEEEEEEEENIS
>All in just the first three episodes
None of this would be allowed today

She doesn't say that in the jap script.

The entire ffvii plot can be divided in three sections: Shinra (ends at midgar, probably at junon too), sephiroth persecution (ends in the northen crater) and meteor (the rest)

Midgar is expandable because the main villain is Shinra, and you are a group of terrorists trying to deal with the evil corporation, thats the first part.

The second part is a persecution, a travel, thats why you can't stay and expand Kalm, for example, because you dont have a reason to stay there. Same for the rest of the towns.

Finally, the meteor part it requires from you to go to specific places and going arround the world doing huge materia hunting. That could be expandable as well.

What i try to mean is: no, it doesnt have to be +50 disks, it will probably will be 3 or 4 parts at most.

If you ask me, i think Part 2 will end in the northen cave (the game being like FFX, linear but subquests all around, and dont be retarded: FFVII wasnt open world until you get the highwind, it was pretty linear)

ANd part 3 could easily be open world. Add more reactors, more information on the huge materia, even more weapons, etc.

>Also, how tifa gets embarrassed and ask the boys to go first so they dont look at her panties/spats.

I'm glad at least one other person realized what they meant there.

"what are ya ignorant? I didn't mean that!" Because the entire time Tifa has been ahead of them etc.

Faggot.

God forbid a 15 year old gets kidnapped in a video game. What kind of sick fucking company is this? Disney?

God I hate you people.

Anything slow or RPG like that made the original great won't be in the remake. The remake is for low iq zoomers and will be total shit

>already putting up excuses
Holy shit, you people are pathetic.

Attached: ff7stairstifa.png (1456x819, 923K)

People like you is why most devs are pussies

"engidemonai" literally meaning "ill-omened". "don't say ill-omened things"

guess what, this isnt japan O: :O

I get what you mean, but Corneo doesnt have to be all sex, perverted and creepy. People forget that even in the OG he was still comic relief. He was outspoken, had his own laugh, he did dances, and stuff like that.
They could easily add everything about corneo mansion and yuffie if they keep Corneo personality, like a villain that isnt supposed to be taken seriously. A joke.
Like, consider this: Corneo captures yuffie and Elena, and he's like "MMMMM who is going to be my girlfriend now ho ho HO!", with his track playing so the scene ends up being goofy.
Sure, people aren't stupid and of course being a girlfriend doesnt mean just kisses and hugs, but you see that kind of stuff in every media nowadays.

Next you will tell Bullet doesn't cuss in the Japanese version

The translator must have thought retard was a synonym for dumbass and not a slur for the mentally disabled. Japan probably doesn't have pejoratives for the disabled such as our 'lame' and 'retarded'

>FF7 translator
>thought
making a lot of assumptions there

>They'll somehow work in "dilly-dally-shilly-shally"
This is my only wish

He does use "rough" Japanese though, cussing in English can be a good way of translating that. But to make Tifa say "retard" here is a bit weird.

The point is more that whether it's retard or dumbass that's considerably harsher than what she says in Japanese.

I expect to become the next "I'm the lowest of the low".

Apparently kawata is exactly that or is at least a blunt way to describe a disabled person.

My concern for the remake is they'll screw up the characters and charm. The humor in the PSX original FFs was genuinely well-done (partially due to the simple, expressive animations), and this is something HD Final Fantasy so far hasn't been able to match. I also fear it'll be too serious, and the vibrancy will be sucked out of some areas that should have life. I really want to see Costa Del Sol and the Golden Saucer done well in particular, and Cosmo Canyon and Wutai too. They were amazing in the originals, but we could see even more of them now, and it could be even better.

>defending """political correctness"""

yikes

>wanting controversial stuff just for the sake of being controversial
low IQ

It's going to be so fucking weird if you use Japanese audio and they keep that line. She'll sound soft spoken in the audio and then she'll call Barrett a slur.

>making things controversial that weren't until you showed up and ruined everything
Thanks Obama.

>for the sake

It had purpose. It’s not for the sake of edginess. The point is to illustrate just how frustrated Tifa is towards Barret that she would use an extreme and callous insult. She’s exhausted and fed up. It’s why it’s so funny.

but it's not "just for the sake of being controversial", it was what was there.

Actually, you people pointing out the retard and pointing out "oof its gonna be removed" its what will kill that scene.

I would still laugh at the scene if they replace retard with idiot, you wont because you just want to see someone refer to mentally disabled people.

True, im arguing with that. I use retard all the time in online games as a synonym for idiot, but as i said before, i would still laugh if they replace the retard for idiot. There's much more in that scene than just one word: the tone of the voice, screaming instead of talking, etc.
What i try to mean is: do i want idiot instead of retard? no, i dont care. Am i gonna lose my mind over retard not being there? nah i dont care. Does the scene lose power if they change retard with idiot? nah, it really doesnt.

and so were other shitty translations, doesn't mean they shouldn't be corrected

Idiot is less funny than retard.

Prove me wrong.

>you wont because you just want to see someone refer to mentally disabled people.
Because I don't want to see things taken out of a game that has been around for decades because someone like you might get offended over nothing and throw a fit on social media like the massive faggot that you are. Hell why don't we just go ahead and remove any and all foul language in this game while we're at it. Wouldn't want your virgin ears hearing Barret say "hell" or "damn" in this game. YOU MIGHT GET OFFENDED!

>shit getting taken out of the game left and right, language cleaned up, anything the least bit offensive changed
>hurr you people pointing this out will get it removed durr

Fucking Christ why won't you die?

Sanitizing the language in FF7’s setting would damage the atmosphere. Having characters speak like this adds a ton of flavor to the world and shows just how callous everyone is. It feels real.

why are some people so hell bent on making everything a slur

how common is the insult "retard" in the media in the US?

That word was abolished years ago

it's like middle-school grade insulting, it's maybe 6/10 for 90s edgy but they'll probably change it

Yet people use it casually, right?
There's your answer then. Retard won't be in the remake, but if people really does use retard casually just like that, i understand why people would be pissed off. I would feel less real.

You mean the target audience? It’s no wonder why the OG FF7 resonated so effectively with people at the time.

Changing the dialogue and tone now would be betrayal.

Only abolished from mainstream entertainment. Everywhere else, everyone still says retard.

Like faggot.

Everyone here says faggot every other post. It’s uttered very casually. Just because mainstream entertainment won’t say it does not mean it’s abolished.

back in middle and high school i use to do "your mom" jokes
Doesn't mean i want to see "your mom" jokes in my games now that im 26

If FF7 originally had a “yo momma” joke in it, I’d still want it preserved in the remake. It’s part of what made it.

That depends. Is it funny? To the majority of people and not some massive faggot who spends their time crying on tumblr? If so, keep it in.

>they get around copyright issues and add loveless/genesis in

Attached: deargodwhy.webm (960x720, 1.13M)

>slippery slope
ecks dee

dumbass

It's literally happening in front of you, you fucking retard. See

>copy pasta
ecks dee

There ain't whole lot of curse words in Japanese. She doesn't mean that

English translation team fucked this up

>None of this would be allowed today
And they will never be allowed again. Entertaiment is forever controlled by SJWs and will never change for the better. We surrendered the battle against SJWs in 2015, the future belongs to the Marxists forever now. We are pathetic relics of an ugly past who will be erased soon.

Never is a pretty long time.

Can't wait for Yea Forums to throw a shitfit about a more accurate translation being used because taking out the word retard is censorship.

200 years at most

yep, she doesn't even call Barrett an idiot or insult him at all. a bored translator just put some OoC line in Tifa's mouth for no particular reason

not what was said in the original script and not in character for tifa. stop acting like a retard

This got me hard bro

Point is we'll never see a non-Marxist world in our lifetimes.

Attached: 1554681714432.png (800x1400, 593K)

This.

It was supposed to be cunt, OP.

It wasn't an insult in the first place.

It’s the version we all grew up with and was what we know.

Next you’ll tell me Genesis is Cannon because SE published Crisis Core.

I mean, yes, Genesis is canon to the original VII.

>probably no Yuffie date
That's a no-buy for me, thanks.

It’s not.

Crisis core had to retcon aspects of 7 to make it work.

You know what, I'll buy that for a dollar. I agree.

Just imagine Remake as a direct sequel to Crisis Core. Because that's what we're getting whether you like it or not.

but those retcons are now considered the canon of the original universe

If saying retard in a videogame is controversial then I don't know anything anymore.

I'm defending the idea of staying true to the original. Why would I defend a spin-off that's inconsistent with it?

If you play the original game, there is nothing to suggest they are connected because Square was not intending 7 to be anything but a single game. They were focusing on making ONE game- not a compilation or whatever. 7 is completely self contained.

If Crisis Core was exactly the same as we know it now and was made by fans, everyone would ignore it and write it off as some bullshit. But because it has a Square Enix label on it, knuckle-dragging faggots like you consider it canon.

You’re like the same retards who accept the post Team Silent SH games made by western devs as canon despite the fact they are rife with contradictions.

Attached: 96B75C26-77A5-4714-A8B4-17112C1C6D40.gif (500x212, 966K)

Best line was when Mitsy's mom was thinking about an abortion and the scene ends with her outside of a clinic. Later on she and Shin come home and ask her if she can take them somewhere or something. Her reply? "I'm too tired dear. Mommy spent all afternoon vacuuming." Or something along that line.

The SJW dystopia will likely never end within our lifetimes. Soon only leftist media will ever be allowed to exist. Because SJWs have become God. Either we bow to them or we die.

By your logic nothing but the Japanese version of FF7 is canon because the original authors had little control over English translation. The translation was somewhat fanfic as OP showed

Do you consider Dragon Ball super non canon as well? Toriyama just wrote basic plot for it.

definitely a product of shitty translation, but I'm still gonna be sad when this is inevitably changed.

Unless you know Japanese, we can only understand an English interpretation which is the one we got- and the remake exists because in part of that adaptation we got.

The English version remake would have to obviously be based on the version we know.

It’s not rocket science.

Do you have a source for any of this?