Attached: tf2.png (930x514, 572K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nI5fNb2ckQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_JTfpujbI
strawpoll.com/9bpgk8ph
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=53025
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3391
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's just that good. But you already knew that and you simply wanted a TF2 thread.

Attached: 1537463273301.png (772x598, 1008K)

F2P

also the fact that it has an extremely low skill floor (random crits + pyro in pubs) making it really easy to get into, but an extremely high skill ceiling (top level 6s) that makes it worth sticking around and integrating with the small competitive community

It's a complete one of a kind game.
Every game that has been touted as a 'killer' of it miserably failed because they don't have what it takes.

Attached: 250px-Taunt_Fresh_Brewed_Victory.png (250x360, 88K)

>comp 6v6
gtfo

Tell me anons, what's the best body cosmetic and why is it El Caballero?

Attached: 250px-El_Caballero.png (250x537, 133K)

fantastic core gameplay coupled with thousands of options for custom content
literally the only issue is how bloated the game is with dead/abandoned official content that Valve never bothered to update or fix, like training mode, MVM and Arena

Attached: biker_fortress_2_by_mad_hatters_hat-d56rq3g.jpg (900x247, 73K)

F2P and no real competition
Overwatch would have easily killed it if blizzard wasn't retarded

Dogfighter is a true classic
My younger bro gave me one back in 2014 and I've never worn any other body cosmetic on engie since

On the topic of cosmetics, what was that one cosmetic you saw that you then realised that you just had to have and worked towards it or impulsed purchased?
For me it was pic related, I don't know why but I just love it so much. But the clipping issues with taunts get's annoying.

Attached: 1550185917581.jpg (268x268, 20K)

Dead of Night because it looks good on everyone, only problem is it's expensive as fuck because of how good it looks

Even in its current state it's leagues better than what we have now sadly

it just works
you can tell who everyone is
you can tell how they are gonna play
maps are the same but at the same time not
people can make their own stuff(maps, load outs, skins)

vintage merryweather. Got a vintage vintage merryweather and then later upgraded to an unusual. one of my favorite cosmetics in the game next to the jannisary ketche

Fair point, it's one of the few cosmetics I like on Spy because his body shape is fucking weird but I'm not paying that much.

How are the console versions still going after a decade is a more interesting question

Valve has tried desperately to make sure it didn't but nothing worked.

They tried killing it by installing MYM, nerfing most of the fun weapons, and abandoning it for several years but nothing is working. Hell, they're even trying to kill the income it makes them by fucking with its whales, but there it stands.

Attached: 1564232994757.jpg (882x906, 66K)

Why did they nerf the Ambassador? Does someone in Valve hate Spy that much?

>spy is my favored class
>spy is my favorite class
>spy is my class
quote from GabeN in tf2

>not the veteran's attire

That was a long time ago. Things have changed.

it's a good game that is 100% F2P without paywalls.

Post your boogalo trophies

Attached: The Downfall.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

>Things have changed
(;_;) i know

Someone at Valve hates fun

The Caber and especially the Sticky Jumper did nothing wrong.

It's clear to me that the average pub skill has drastically augmented from old tf2 to new tf2, but will it keep going that way?

This did me in. It was too cute to pass up.
The Engineer in general has great cosmetics.

Attached: Aim_Assistant.png (633x600, 287K)

I love the game with my heart. It's my favorite FPS game, or maybe even best game to me.
It's just that nowadays, any time I join casual it's just one team steamrolling the other team.
Also, Valve is pretty fucking retarded.

this back when it came out in 2011, same with Sniper's variant

Attached: One-Man_Army.png (748x707, 367K)

after 11 years, I finally have an unusual, and I never have to interact with any filthy trade subhumans ever.

Attached: 20190802103111_2.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Take the keys-for-metal pill and buy one or two keys, trade them in for 100+ refined, and try to craft a Dead of Night

speedy scoundrel because it kinda looks like me irl

Attached: speedyscoundrel.png (264x304, 46K)

Despite all its flaws, it's still a very fun game and there's nothing even remotely similar on the market to challenge it.

Attached: 250px-Respectless_Rubber_Glove.png (250x252, 73K)

I remember watching this video back then and getting pretty jealous
youtube.com/watch?v=3nI5fNb2ckQ

>that crafting menu
>Only 1 hat and 1 misc were the maximum cosmetics on any class at the time
Fuggg

Attached: 1563210952715.jpg (720x720, 75K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_JTfpujbI

Attached: tf2menu2007.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

>come 2019 and we're still stuck with 3 cosmetic slots
VALVEEEEE

four item slots would be gaudy as fuck, all I want is a dedicated badge/medal slot

SOUL

Which one of you fags was it?

Attached: 20190729184506_1.jpg (2560x1440, 501K)

I'll never forgive Valve for removing the drag-and-drop crafting menu in favor of a linear menu, and pointing to the "custom blueprint" option where you have to manually open the backpack and click on things in it to take items out of it as a totes identical replacement for the old system if you still wanted it. And things that defeat the fucking point like Bonk Helm having its specific recipe clearly listed instead of being a secret everyone in the community knows

Attached: 1560043088113.gif (280x296, 1.61M)

>sniperfags start to annoy you while you play cp_orange
>switch to spy, begin to kill them
>it's retard easy
>next round they are poketed by 2 medics

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW

Why is the Dominate Mercenary Park contract so easy?

Easier than fucking defend cap Dustbowl. Fuck that.

because Mercenary Park is chokepoint city and all you need to do is spam down a corridor and you'll get kills

it's so fucking comfy
take me back

the defence contracts are dumb.
ideally you want to keep them off the point, so the contract would be better if the extra objective was just getting kills on defence.

How is Doom still getting maps after 20?
How is Half Life still getting mods?
How is Thief still getting missions?
How is System Shock 2 still getting mods?
Are we so out of touch with what makes a game good? No, it's the boomers' who are wrong.

>Easily
Lol keep dreaming zoom zoom

mah niggah.

Attached: file.png (1190x595, 228K)

>the perfect hat doesn't exi--

Attached: file.png (426x453, 182K)

it's amazing how valve killed the game's prospected longevity with meet your match
like, community is the one thing you can depend on to keep your game going on for years and years. and yet, in none fell swoop, they utterly decimated community servers and resigned this game to a dull death

don't forget to take your meds today

Attached: 20190802144317_1.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

please don't tell me this is yet another gamer-tier canned response

pic related

Attached: Scout_BMOC.png (694x763, 370K)

i don't think i have a single defence contract done, it's just too much, and I don't remember to switch the contract each time i play on a different map, if it even has a contract

Attached: Screenshot_1008.png (359x628, 65K)

I'd unironicly wear some of these jackets.

the community, also no sequel

smol pyro

Attached: Pocket_Pyro.png (553x747, 363K)

>start playing competitive again for the first time since 2016
>ragequit one game
>14 day ban

I shouldn't have abandoned but that's a little harsh, jesus

Attached: 1564265360651.jpg (227x236, 14K)

its a fun game
just recently installed it and playing tf2 for the first time in a while has me falling in love with vidya all over again

These

all I ever wanted back then was to have more misc slots/clothing options for classes, but now I kind of miss one hat one misc

Attached: essacc.png (373x705, 199K)

>actually top the scoreboard
>realize my team is fucking shit
Every time

p.e. merryweather is my favorite hat in the game

Did you quit from a Swiftwater match?

yeah

Bro it was stopwatch mode, on the first round, AND WE WERE DOING GOOD!

i was getting mad as shit for no reason and playing like absolute crap i'm not pretending i should have RQ'd at all

Same. All I want is to wear the Made Mann without it taking up something else.

Its an f2p game that works better then most and its not challenging to run

>duck journal
>original

Attached: 1564138182716.jpg (500x500, 42K)

I wish my friends didn't quit
I wish MyM didn't happen
I wish valve cared

That would be YOUR MOTHER

Attached: 250px-Pocket_Momma.png (250x254, 57K)

Reminder that in 2009 tf2 recieved five substantial updates.

Attached: tf2 2009.png (884x504, 521K)

if you cant finish a match without getting upset, you shouldnt queue. Casual is better anyway. if anything, I think harsh punishments protect the small player base of comp.
if you dont care, dont be cancer

still as fun as it used to be, i truly believe this game will never die

is the huo long heater going to be fun now?
do you think they will buff stock minigun to match the tomi, or nerf tomi to match the stock?

that's because the team was larger, and the updates were smaller compared to what we get now.

>the updates were smaller compared to what we get now
Wow, we got some hats...

you know what i meant, retard.
compare the amount of content from one of those updates to jungle inferno, and you'll see why updates take longer to come out nowadays.

After nine months, the hat update that caused the crate depression was the latest new content. Jungle Inferno was fucking forever ago.

are you being stupid on purpose?
i was talking about major updates.

Ther hasn't been a "major" update in almost a year ya fag.

The game is pretty much over now that everyone has at least one classess unusual hat, they'll never need to roll and uncrate boxes for life.

Attached: 1546538883155.gif (53x88, 13K)

i fucking know that, you retard.
you were talking about how TF2 received 5 major updates that year, and i pointed out that it was because they had a larger team while the updates themselves were on a smaller scale compared to the more of the recent major updates.
i have no fucking idea why you're suddenly bringing in minor updates into this.

I think the funniest part was simultaneously watching the TF2 community and Exhentai users freak out

Attached: 1540476635616.gif (112x112, 102K)

I don't have any cosmetics, I joined right after the traderpocalypse.

I mean, there's still that whole "shooting" part of the game.

Any cosmetic really, I only have that track jacket and some Halloween ones.
I wanna dress up too but cant bring myself to spend money on fake clothes.

It's as good as dead because there are no community servers, and matchmaking puts you into a random server with at least 5 braindead players on sniper and spy.

>pyro's potato body
>trap
checks out

watching autists panic is always fun!

Not even the Engie's best poncho.

Attached: 250px-El_Paso_Poncho.png (250x317, 84K)

I don't know man. I played 40 hours in total and felt burnt out. Also had way more fun playing Team Fortress Classic as a kid.

Attached: 1546070514848.jpg (808x825, 370K)

People actually might play the game part of the videoa game

literally all they need to do is add a few weapons, and a map or two ALL FROM THE WORKSHOP and everyone would be happy forever and ever
just SOMETHING that isnt a fucking case filled with god awful looking items that are artificially rare for no goddamn reason like fucking CS:GO skins
BUT NO THOSE FUCKING JACK OFFS CANT EVEN FUCKING DO THAT GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

Attached: 1524867711096.jpg (720x706, 102K)

>that's because the team was larger
Supposedly the team was never that big, they were likely just more focused on TF2 instead of being split among different projects.

Attached: 0u7j3vfotqi21.png (936x355, 80K)

Miss Pauling is cute

Attached: 1555244671412.png (348x504, 56K)

We could use another PvE mode or at least have MvM get some more support. Wasn't an alien invasion part of the story?

Attached: d75772e6a7067.jpg (841x504, 227K)

the kringle collection
though i havent bothered getting it yet because i realized the true value of no/minimal cosmetics

Attached: Kringle_Collection.png (777x692, 373K)

The only issue I could see with adding maps is the idea of splitting the fanbase between too many maps, specially when most always go for 2fort, Badlands, Dustbowl. I'd like to see Player Destruction actually getting its own mode in the official list.

that's because people want far too much.
a lot of people expect new weapons, new maps, new cosmetics, taunts, contracts, sfm shorts, and comics in every new update.
i'd be happy with rebalances to make the other weapons more viable, and a couple of community maps.

Man I used the main area mode back in the day. Shit was so much fun especially when you manage to outskill a heavy with the scout

Did star underscore single handedly made people quit en masse? The playerbase dropped a lot when he stopped making videos.

The caber was dumb. Nobody likes instantly losing a fight because you whipped out your suicide stick.

game would be dead if it weren't for cosmetics lol

I remember watching this get posted in the Mod Emporium on Facepunch and fell in love immediately. Had one ever since it released.

Attached: RED_HazMat_Headcase_Streamlined.png (362x708, 151K)

and yet the traders live in your head rentfree, for they made you think owning unusuals made you special or unique, so you wasted your money on one. way to go.

I really don't care about cosmetics, I only have gen 1/2 vintage hats but there's 2 items that I love:
the buck turners on demo and archimedes

I do however like skeet-shooting for screaming nogs in the air on 2fort's balcony. Weeds out the bad tunnel vision snipers.

It balances out the Demo, however. He's supposed to be weak in close range and that creates a deterrent to prevent people from just bum rushing him. Granted by now he has the best melee weapons in the game.

why dont they just experiment for a while?
they add a new gun and new map every like 3 weeks over the course of 6 months or something and see how people like it?
its better than the content drought that we've been having right now

If you were playing a class that would instantly lose to the caber, you would have instantly lost to almost any other demo weapon anyways

HELP ME CAPTURE

You act like he's not the clear winner for only spending $2.50 on one instead of $70+

Attached: 1538186322161.gif (248x331, 1.67M)

Sunk cost fallacy

Development's probably not active enough to actually warrant that. The TF2 public-testing beta was hella popular and let them easily test weapon-ideas like that, then the new ideas dried up and it was quietly taken off Steam shortly after

you win if you don't waste your money on stupid hats

>Offensive missions

Holy shit, which one should I pick? I like all three classes.

soldier since you can shoot the floor and win

Can't go wrong with Soldier

I could spend a pittance on something that's a guarantee because of Valve fucking up or I could spend actual decades amassing enough metal to trade for more valuable items people will actually want to trade stupid hats for. Without very lucky crafts of high-demand items you, as a poor and Irish player, will not get anywhere close to an unusual without spending money at some point.

Doc here. I may dispense your daily dose tonight. I know it's been a long time but I figured you guys need it.

Attached: Your EXTRA daily dose.png (1654x933, 634K)

>already have Soldier and Pyro as most played classes
Scout it is

I refuse to give TF2 any praise until they optimize this shit to run better without a config

Attached: 1564535866008.gif (300x203, 2.52M)

Spy.

Thank you, Herr Doktor.

Billycock+Lady Killer

Victorian Spy is the best.

Attached: loadout (15).png (1140x757, 200K)

This one just recently
It's criminal that it took this long to be put in

Attached: lick.png (512x649, 322K)

All right, I feel good!

This isn't even my final form.
Imo the Zorro set is pretty underrated, can hardly find a pic and even this one switches Dressperado for the weeb robe.

Attached: 1685591928_preview_Zorro.png (316x570, 103K)

IIIIIII LOVE DIS DOCTOR!

Nothing better has replaced it.

am I just retarded or am I not understanding this lootbox thing? a key costs 2.50, so it costs me 2 and a half dollars to open a single fucking lootbox???
why is it is so expensive??

Chieftan's challenge was always my favorite soldier hat. I should get one again

just run it with a config you lazy faggot

Attached: .jpg (556x510, 50K)

soul

Based and devilishpilled

Attached: cheater's lmao.jpg (315x536, 30K)

What did they do to the
jumper? Make it so you can only have 2 stickies out? Is that really a big deal? I can't think of any place where you would need more.

You deserve a medal doc

The same reason people are still playing WoW. They played a lot of it in their youth, now they have hats they feel are valuable and now they're stuck.

i lately experienced why this game is great despite its age
>play with friend on a 24/7 2fort server
>instead of playing normally we do the gimmicky runs, i.e. fat scouts and uberchains
>despite not achieving much we still had a lot of fun just screaming at each other and barely killing people
>after some time people started joining in
>because the voice chat was set to all chat, the enemy tried to do counters to whatever we took
>we just ran with it and pretty much half of the time ran into the slaughterhouse
>despite all of this, we had shitton of fun and just enjoyed running and killing everything together with smg snipers, fat scouts and uberchains
The nature of the game is so timeless and unique i really doubt someone can recreate it. The game with so much sould poured into it that despite the tries of ripping this soul out from either inside and outside, it still holds strong.
This game is just a timeless masterpiece.

Attached: 1564639912756.jpg (339x300, 30K)

>faggot traders keep the price absurdly high on this hat and effect because "muh themed" or collectors just hoard them
>got it for virtually nothing in comparison thanks to crate glitch
eat shit trader fags

Attached: 36383809.png (360x571, 66K)

>sign is not colored
You fuck up

Wrong.

Attached: Your EXTRA CREAMY Daily Dose.png (1651x926, 635K)

Then is all good doktor. Danke

I just want slots for pet/eye cosmetics

what the fuck? the game runs fine unless your computer is a piece of shit

danke herr doktor

Dank u wel dokter

My appreciation, amigo.

Don't you just love Halloween?

Attached: J6PgXhP.png (1309x671, 256K)

FUCK, WHY IS THE DRAGON'S FURY SO TRASH, IT HITS NOTHING

MARIO KART

>tfw all the items from Poker Night at the Inventory can't be acquired anymore because the game is no longer available
The Lugermorph looks so good, fuck.

he probably has a 10 year old pc

btw the game is 12 years old almost

last time i played on dustbowl cp gamemode(the old game style) I played this game about 40 times and it took me about 8 hours to complete the map. This time I think I need to max my character down to around level 5 instead of having to reupload something that I have finished by now.

As I mentioned this map was pretty easy. You should have around 35 to 45 life when playing the high ground. Not all the time, but it doesn't matter if you do. I found the red creep camps on the map to be super annoying. They are always spawning in areas where all your team members are.

Also you can just stay up on the edges of the map to keep a little bit of distance from the enemies. It's all about being patient and waiting for the right opportunity.

The middle of the map has a couple of really tricky paths. Not really a map mechanic but it's good to have a few good options just in case like where there's a gap left, not sure about how they should be.

Valve nerfed it too hard after it being pretty good on release.

>See class stats
>Most points, Pyro: 899 points

Attached: 1557293084294.gif (480x480, 71K)

What are some objectively good maps?

strawpoll.com/9bpgk8ph

Attached: TF2 maps power rankings.png (1309x2342, 2.85M)

Last breath and Ze Goggles I bought with real money.

Attached: Last_Breath[1].png (745x891, 618K)

Wait Poker Night 2 is gone too?

>Thunder mountain and sawmill that high

Faith in humanity restored

can't you trade for the vintage one?

>Highpass that low
Shit taste, guys

About that, it's worth like 10 keys if i'm not wrong, and why the f*ck would i want a 10 key reskin when the Capper exists (2 keys)

No female characters

That picture is fucking possessed

the old last breath was so much better

>compare the amount of content from one of those updates to jungle inferno
I honestly want to punch people for saying that. Let's compare jungle inferno to the War update for example. If you look at the amount of actual valve work (not community maps, cosmetics, taunts, not doing copy'n'paste their previous contract system), you will see that they did actually a comparable job in both of them. Jungle inferno is a small ass update in comparison to what they were doing in previous years. In 2010 they've released 6 major updates (3 of them really big, with Mann Co update being the biggest one in history of this game)
tl;dr
>fucking zoomers

it's dead, play Quake Live instead

It runs fine if your computer isn't legitimately 2006-era. Performance has tanked since release but it hasn't gotten so bad it's unplayable on the same hardware. If all else fails just run -dxlevel 80.

tf2 source 2 when?

this desu, TF2 updates are generally actually pretty small in scope with the biggest additions being maps and the huge updates being marked by shake-ups to how the game handles matchmaking (quickplay, etc.) or new gamemodes. people remember previous updates or glory-years updates as being bigger than they actually are by virtue of how much "good" content they had or the atmosphere surrounding the update (demo vs. soldier updates), not the actual amount

Source 2 sucks dicks

Never, hopefully, I don't want modern Valve touching TF2 and it'd have to be a ground-up remake with the biggest retained features being asset-flips from the old game to new.

>get sent to 2fort
>2 hours of constant stalemate
>2 on 2
>team pulls off one of the bests pushes I've seen in my life
>scout gets intel and starts running back
>get's shot by some sniper that was in sewers and drops intel on the first floor of our base
>pyro picks it up
>says in vc "Don't cap yet I barely got to play"
>starts walking back to base
>enemy team lets him in of course and kills anyone else
>he puts it back in their base
>mfw much later the other team does a push and gets our intel
>mfw they cap and win
why are people this retarded

Attached: 1553411504206.jpg (642x856, 67K)

>why are you assuming they would make a new game? why can't they do what they did with csgo or dota 2

Because "dude just like update the engine" ignores the sheer gravity of the actual request, that's not how it works. You'd have to remake TF2 to varying extents on the new engine.

I have a similar tale
>Well cp
>for the first time in years the match is rather even and both teams play well
>we cap the the first red point in they base
>match is mostly a tug war from middle to red first point
>go spy and backcap the last point
>someone stars a vote the moment the second round stars
>its me
>why
>user DONT CAP SO FAST
>the match is already an hour long
>kicked

Attached: 1552849822336.jpg (1522x1522, 396K)

Go offensive battle engie. Dont even use the mini sentry. Just smart building placement. Cant lose. Unless you do. Then your team must suck

Attached: 1554865158994.jpg (255x239, 27K)

don't even build anything. widowmaker, pistol, gunslinger (for hp only)

absolutely soulless taste

>Just smart building placement
Tell me more, because whenever I have my nest set a cheeky Soldier comes and ruins everything

user, I am doing contracts for offensive classes

>t. lime Scout

I usually take a look at where I'm setting my nest up and note paths-of-travel, and try to set up my sentry so that it'll take unawares players on the way in rather than guarding the entrance/exit. Also, shuffle its position around a lot, when they come back they'll be gunning for the gun where it was before.

t. guy who is tired of seeing the same dead of night / shitty mercenary grade cosmetics used on everyone

I don't know what you're on, I've never seen an Engie use the poncho before.

Is the jag worth it? Seems like too many inconveniences for +30% building speed.

great for setup time, swap to stock when your buildings are up

rescue ranger makes jag worth it

>Genuine
Impeccable taste user

So what do heavies run these days?
Tomislav and gru? Banana or sandvich?

It's less than 7 keys but your point still stands, not worth it.

Stock minigun, banana, GRU for mobility or Fists of Steel for defense

I personally run the FoS all the time now

>gru
Not fucking worth it

For me, it's vanilla/FB/KGB

I feel the tighter spread is better than the stock's higher fire rate on anything other than point blank + it revs faster.

Tomislav is more of a mid-range and speed-focused minigun, yeah. Stock will win in raw DPS just for sheer power because of the faster fire-speed, but Tomislav's better for on-a-dime surprise attacks and the like. Either one's a great general-purpose gun.

I use all miniguns aside the brass beast. GRU still ok but I like FoS more.

Banana IS the lunch item to pick since its very close to OP territory, sandvich is too slow even when you can heal others for more hp

Heavy update when?
Pyro fixes when?
Spy buffs when?

Sniper is such a no fun allowed class. The bad ones charge their shot for 30 seconds and bodyshot you and the good ones deny whole areas by themselves. At least scouts have to get in to get picks.

New blog post today. The first unusual you unboxed will become tradeable but everything else will be locked thereafter. You have the option to refund any of the trade locked unusuals.

Sniper is essentially Spy if Spy was good.

Except Spy is fun.

The buffs Spy needs. The buffs Spy deserves.
>Spy can fake reload always.
>Spy can toggle disguise or real speed.
>Spawn wallhacks don't work on Spies.
>Disguise animation bugs fixed.
>First and third-person animations for disguising and for cloaking/uncloaking are synced.
>No on-hit effects (Building rage by hitting cloaked Spy, for example) work on disguised or cloaked Spies unless they kill them.
>Cloaked Spies near dispensers or Payload carts can heal, get revolver ammo, and recharge cloak meter with Stock watch regardless of current disguise.
>Spy can see loadouts like he can see health and Uber meters. This includes weapons, ammo loaded, ammo stored, rechargeable meters, Rage meters, enemy heads, etc. Does not work on enemy Spies.
>On disguise kit, Spy can see enemy team make-up, dead and alive.
>When holding disguise kit, Spy can see the outlines of anyone he's disguised as. Does not work on enemy Spies.
>Spy gets 20% damage resistance when disguised.
>Revolvers have quicker cool down.
-Debatable buffs below:
>On backstab, Spy gets 1.5 second speed boost like Big Earner's effect. (Big Earner does something else). A backstab while boosted, from a previous backstab or from something else, will add the 1.5 seconds after the end of the current boost.
>Spy can slide sappers (Crouch+M1) a short way to hit buildings or block enemies from using health kits and ammo packs.
>Sappers recharge after 1 second on placement and 4 seconds on slide, and slid ones can be broken with two melee strikes. Pickups being sapped cannot be picked up by enemies or despawn, and respawn 2 seconds faster.

They handled it pretty reasonably, it's nice that they're restoring anything you deleted thinking "zomg what if i get banned????" while it was going on.

I usually run stock, bananna, and either KGB or fists of steel depending on the mood.

>it's nice that they're restoring anything you deleted
I was legit surprised when I read that, didn't expect them to be that generous. Their plan is also pretty good too, it ensures the economy doesn't get fucked and people can still enjoy the free cosmetics. Hats off to them

Tomislav, Banana, and GRU all day and only.

thats but but sucks some more too
i cant give my buddy his 3 unusuals

teamfortress.com/post.php?id=53025

>get sent to 2fort
>why are people this retarded
It's not rocket science

Why does no one like Mossrock?

>newfags
>bots
>Free to play
>literally no other class-based shooter available

It's a mixture of these 4 reasons but honestly anyone who genuinely cared about this game jumped ship years ago, it's just not the same. The golden days are long gone.

Attached: 155690814767.jpg (638x512, 62K)

Mossrock and Mercenary Park were the only decent maps from Jungle Inferno.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I do. Nice map.

It's milktoast at best, play-wise, and it has absolutely garbage optimization, almost as bad as Suijin.

>Banana Bay
>Brazil
>Enclosure
>Lazarus
>bad
They're all pretty rare, but I do enjoy when I get to play all of them.

2nd point is fucking ass

Lazarus was the best map of that update

It doesn't really matter but it was still fun to put down 8 and basically teleporter in a random direction when they went off. There was zero actual reason to nerf it is the more important thing.

What went wrong?

Attached: 300px-Beta_rd_blueprints.png (300x240, 90K)

Banana Bay is the best but I think we all agree Brazil is the worse

Attached: engie.jpg (1428x781, 197K)

"Kurt Kobain's Anal Plug"
Y/N

Gamemode was interesting but Valve wasn't interested in developing it

Lads.

Attached: 68298236_10219648142291351_1626782609264607232_n.jpg (571x656, 135K)

No.
leave that shit in 2011

>A few of you were concerned that you had done something wrong by opening a bugged crate, and proceeded to delete your hats. While we appreciate the concern, you didn't do anything wrong, so hats from bugged crates deleted before the tradable date will be restored to your accounts with the same restrictions described above.
That is the only bad thing from the whole thing, doesnt punish reddit onions who got scared

>Item tradability, restoration, and the refund support page will be made available in about a week's time. Refunds will be the full price paid for any hats, crates or keys bought on the Steam Community Market or Mann Co. store. We will post an update when that exact date becomes available.

>Get to get my money back on all the shitty flies and other crap unusuals I unboxed
>get to keep my sunbeams/burning/scorching and get to trade my first unusual

Attached: 1534407958700.gif (360x360, 748K)

I think the last time I played was with that jungle update, what kind of content have they added since then?

Why the fuck is fat scout so much fun lads

Im actually impressed. they did the right response

my glitch haul

Attached: the great crate debacle.jpg (628x920, 91K)

>you can trade the first unusual you got
>you can refund the shit ones if you want
>cratefags keep the money they made from the goldrush
>tradefags suffer the most from this
>exhentai is back
Blessed timeline

Attached: 1558849822336.jpg (427x300, 30K)

>doesnt punish reddit onions who got scared
Why would they

>c umbrain got filtered because the script-kiddy spamming it across Yea Forums tried it on Yea Forums and got BTFO
Forgot the best part

Even runescape is still going, and it’s been around longer. Almost anything can go indefinitely if it’s f2p.

I like Brazil.

>option to refund the shit looking unusuals
>and keep the good looking unusuals
Ohhhh, tradie wadies! We get TWO options! And no cheaters lament for you! What a shame!

Attached: 16b.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

because its amazing. :)

yesssss, couldnt have said it better myself

>playing on turbine 24/7 as always
>forced to rage switch to scout because a fucking sniper deletes my soldier every single time I come out of the base unless I spam rockets to scare him
FUCK SNIPER

Tradecucks are fucking SEETHING along with redditors who thought they should get goodgoy points lmfao
This couldn't be any better
I'm getting my money back AND keeping my cool hats, fuck you tradies

Attached: 1549696571491.png (184x211, 4K)

i have a bad feeling that everyone has unusuals because of the tf market crash... but still nice loadout

You could unbox a 100% chance unusual but only for a small lapse of time and on a specific day nothing else since then.

They got rewarded for trying to get goodie points. Heck, TF2 got a long history of not giving a fuck if you abuse glitches or bugs so you gotta be a spineless coward to get scared
user are you are furry? You sound like a furry

>They got rewarded for trying to get goodie points.
Yes I'm sure they all did it with the conscious effort to accrue brownie points.

Attached: 1540901996493.png (351x304, 179K)

>2fort
>2 hour stalemate
>We finally break through and get the intel out
>Scout goes to the sewers but the enemy team quickly surrounds him
>Intel is heavily protected
>My team is throwing themselves at the intel just to reset the timer
>I tell them to get the intel to the water, I'll handle the rest
>They think I'm crazy and keep trying to drive it further into the tunnels
>Enemy pyro airblasts my team's scout into the water and gets killed right after
>Quickly change to pyro
>Jump into the water
>Jetpack out while a hail of bullets and rockets comes from below
>Get to the safety of our base
>Feel like a god damn hero

Attached: heroic_soldier.jpg (1600x2263, 1.06M)

>valve actually let them keep the shiny hats
>traderfags even more angry now
Faith in Lord Gaben = Restored.

Attached: Rat in Bill's hat.jpg (358x358, 22K)

>Spy can fake reload always.
based
>Spy can toggle disguise or real speed.
cringe
>Spawn wallhacks don't work on Spies.
based
>Disguise animation bugs fixed.
based
>First and third-person animations for disguising and for cloaking/uncloaking are synced.
based
>No on-hit effects (Building rage by hitting cloaked Spy, for example) work on disguised or cloaked Spies unless they kill them.
cringe
>Cloaked Spies near dispensers or Payload carts can heal, get revolver ammo, and recharge cloak meter with Stock watch regardless of current disguise.
based
>Spy can see loadouts like he can see health and Uber meters. This includes weapons, ammo loaded, ammo stored, rechargeable meters, Rage meters, enemy heads, etc. Does not work on enemy Spies.
based and redpilled
>On disguise kit, Spy can see enemy team make-up, dead and alive.
cringe
>When holding disguise kit, Spy can see the outlines of anyone he's disguised as. Does not work on enemy Spies.
cringe
>Spy gets 20% damage resistance when disguised.
cringe
>Revolvers have quicker cool down.
based

I miss when Valve had fun with TF2.
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3391

>weird event that would finally even out the unusual trading scene so every desirable hat isn't rotting in some high-balling jew's inventory
>revert it

Attached: Untitled.png (773x1107, 349K)

>Tradekeks btfo
>Tradekeks seething
>Basedboys seething
>Get to dab on fags with my exploited hats AND cheater's lament

Fucking based Valve

Attached: 1562009947114.gif (320x240, 246K)

I think I may be returning to TF2 after almost 5 years, but out of memes, is still fun?

Yep.

Cringe post.

god i miss that menu

>hud mod adds the old menu
>its the Blue one and lags like crazy

I have a special place in my heart for Gravel Pit. I love that map for some reason, I guess I enjoy the openness of it.

cringe poster

Based

Unironically soul. Old Valve for the most part lovingly crafted every part of the game, even though they sucked (and still suck) at balancing it. They nailed the art style, world, characters, and extended universe like shorts or comics. The gameplay itself is immensely satisfying thanks to how the weapons work ie (single fire for big damage). Think of how great it is to hear that THUNK from a grenade, followed by an explosion showering gibs. Or watching that towering heavy collapse from a headshot or backstab as he screams. A well placed meatshot on a fully charged Medic, his corpse flying while flashing with charged electricity. Sucessfully denying his pocket a push.
>The game is fairly easy to get into thanks to brainless classes like Pyro and Soldier but the skill potential is so high you'll always find someone better than you in some way that keeps you on your toes and learning. If community servers made a come back, and Valve let us use mods and sprays in their servers again I'd be completely content with no further support from that point on.

>strawpoll.com/9bpgk8ph
>landfall is wost ctf
fuck you guys