Comfy Friday afternoon/evening Switch thread

Comfy Friday afternoon/evening Switch thread.

What games are you playing this weekend?

Attached: 1564196694803.png (1920x729, 635K)

Other urls found in this thread:

press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2019/08/01/the-upgraded-nintendo-switch-has-started-arriving-in-australian-stores/
youtube.com/watch?v=myuzjSUNUZc&ab_channel=BayonettaStuff
kill-la-kill.fandom.com/wiki/Kill_la_Kill_The_Game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Persona 5

Persona 5 The Royal

Kys nigger.
Smash as hero. Maybe Doom since I like it enough to replay it.

Bros, do I get fire emblem 3 houses or Mario odyssey?

I've never played a FE game before and enjoy tactical games. Is it a good entry point to the series? Also want to play a nice cozy platformer but I'm not sure what to use my last voucher on.

DBFZ, it's alright. Probably gonna resell it when I finish story mode, none of my friends play it and I get my online fighting fix from SF 30th Anniversary Collection.

World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA, still haven't gotten all Mirages and I'm too lazy to 100% faster.

Mario for sure. I've heard mixed things about 3 houses, notably that it runs bad is shit but MO is universally praised and runs smooth.

Three Houses for sure. Mario Odyssey weakest 3D Mario of them all. Still a good game I guess, just not as good as all the others.

Do I hold out on getting the new model? When is it released?

Not the lite btw, fuck that

I was at Walmart yesterday checking for Three Houses and they were sold out. Probably going to check GameStop in a minute

How's Devil May Cry run, google said it had some audio issues that all the HD ports have or something like that, are they that bad or nah?
I think it's pretty soon, so it's probably worth waiting.

This month, it's already out in some countries

Sky force, waiting on Raiden V

samefag lmao

>underpowered
>gimmick
>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
>dock scratches screen
>cheap, flimsy joycons
>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
>insufferable, delusional community
>manchildren love it
>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
>an embarrassment to be seen playing in public
>horrible online, overpriced.
>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
I could go on but I think we’ve all seen enough to agree that owning a Nintendo Switch is undesirable.

Epic

Just started XBC2. Never really played JRPGs growing up, but it's alright so far about 2 hours in

>horrible online, overpriced.
It's 20€ a year.

I am going to get the Taiko game and play it with the joy cons.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a wired controller with a good dpad?

I'm usually immune to hype but Astral Chain looks rad. Please be good.

Don’t give that blog (you’s)
been playing DQB2 in anticipation for AC and its been great

I'm so sorry

Fire Emblem. It's really great.

Dude it's still Friday morning

Playing Three Houses and BotW.
Also looking forward to Astral Chain.
Fucking love the fact I can play this wherever and whenever.

Attached: 1564273837149.jpg (1445x850, 130K)

Based Pajeet.

My copy of FE3H will arrive later today so probably that

Yo OP, GFXnigger here. Thanks for using the image I made. I made an improved version here (barely) because the Switch logo was not fully positioned to the upper right (if you look closely on the original there's a small gap I didn't notice). There you go bros.

Attached: switch.png (1920x729, 643K)

Gonna keep playing BotW but either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm going to play Smash. I'm waiting for Fire Emblem and Dragon quest.

Is it just me or is Odyssey not as fun as BotW? I'm just not enjoying it as much

I just got pokemon let's go pikachu, it's fairly fun and I have enjoyed exploring kanto with updated visuals/world interaction. I finally picked up a charger for my gameboy advance SP so I will play some pokemon gold and sapphire after I beat LGP

>Is it just me or is Odyssey not as fun as BotW?
It's the other way around for me, Botw is just a walking sim with an empty map, at least the levels in Odyssey are small and tight, condensed with moons and shit.

I loved BOTW but the world got empty as fuck real fast. It was most exciting on the plateau because it felt like everything there had a purpose.

After that it was just open fields with nothing in it. I really hope for BOTW2 they shrink the world down or make it more fun

For anons in Australia, the improved original switch model is already hitting shelves.

press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2019/08/01/the-upgraded-nintendo-switch-has-started-arriving-in-australian-stores/

Got Minecraft for my Switch recently and it is comfy/10.

Attached: 1559786027545.gif (260x320, 1.08M)

bloodborne

Just waiting for astral chain and daemon x machine

Did play a few demos. Yoshi's crafted world was relaxing

My controller is all fucked and slightly broken, i can play my games but there are a few issues from time to time, im waiting for the new purple and orange joycons to come out hopfully those wont have the drift issue that is preventing me from buying new ones now

And i really hope the switch like doesn’t have the same issue now that the controllers are forever stuck in it

Attached: 78BBA157-9D40-4CFF-B946-FBDDE153BEA6.jpg (720x784, 37K)

Thats the only thing im worried about with the switch lite. At least the regular i can get new controllers but i dont feel like dropping 300 bucks on a new switch lite everytime i get bad drift. How did the Vita prevent drift? I had mine for 4 years and it never drifted.

Just bought a pro controller so some Smash and maybe Shovel Knight. Also tempted to get Cave Story since I like the idea of playing it in bed.

Playing Fire Emblem right now as the Blue Lions, and I'm loving it so far! I can barely put the game down. Besides that, Smash drew me in again with the release of Hero, but then I realized that the online is still pretty shitty so I stopped.

Not planning on playing much today, I skipped sleeping and spent most of the night helping people out in Undead Parish though. Most of them didn't really know where to go, so I'm guessing the DaS sales brought a lot of new people to the community. The bell just wouldn't stop ringing at 3 AM.

Playing some comfy Dark Souls for the first time

Attached: IMG_7420.jpg (2448x3264, 1.23M)

Hope you have a good time, yuro user. You'll see why we call it Sen's Funhouse very soon.

Is the pro controller worth its price or will it start to drift too like the joycons? And what about those chinese controllers on aliexpress, are they good?

I have two pro controllers, one has had drift issues. It's not constant but happens once or twice an hour, Link will slowly start walking towards the camera on his own (it pulls down). I shake the analog back and forth and blow on it and it stops. Gonna try the contact cleaner thing, hopefully that works.

How does it run on the switch?

All right thanks, gonna buy one then. Seems worth it

>Install custom firmware on it
>Welcome to the Chadtendo Switch, enjoy your free games.

Fantastic. It's the best remaster in my opinion- keeps the original aesthetic while keeping a stable 30fps. The drawback is the sound compression, but I'll take that over the ugly visual changes to the other remasters. Online is very active too.

I can't imagine playing without one, totally worth it.

Just finished my first playthrough of Three Houses, very enjoyable. Probably gonna start down one of the other paths this weekend.
Annette is my wife

Attached: de75cef7c4afddd4c1d123a58d882386.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

Odyssey

It's good shit, my favorite game on the Switch so far. I do coop/invasions several times a week and experience a lot less lag than I thought I would coming from PC.

I can't find the key... i killed every ball throwing giant even the one behind the illusory wall but got like 3 rings wtf

Down the stairs where the crestfallen merchant is (the guy you have to jump to get to, on top of the fortress)

Jump over that gap, the Crestfallen Merchant will be on top. Just walk down the long stairs and the Cage Key will be there at the end of a corridor, guarded by a Snake iirc.

Attached: 467118171.jpg (480x272, 40K)

Thank you

Been enjoying the shit out of three houses. Gonna be playing that until gunvolt strikers/ninja saviors come in

Thank you too user :)

3H is my first FE game and I am loving it. Odyssey was decent but FE is more bang for your buck

The next boss is really fun, let us know how it goes for you.

>want switch
>refuse to buy one until a switch-pro comes out, or at the very least joycon pro like what they did with the wii motion plus.

Attached: Phoenix_Despairing.gif (256x192, 3K)

You're going to be waiting a long time, if not forever. Besides, any upgraded joycons would be compatible with older models, so you could just replace yours.

>Gonna be playing that until gunvolt strikers/ninja saviors come in
My fucking guy, I love GV and Ninaj Saviours looks fucking cool as shit.

bonfire ahead

Amazing chest ahead
Try grabbing with both hands

Just got fire emblem yesterday, so have barely played it. But I'm enjoying it currently. It's a big step up from the 3ds games to be sure, just in terms of scope. I really think the switch library is coming into its own. It had some big hitters, but it needed some more diversity, too many mario skinned games.

Ninja saviors looks great. But it's out the same day as Astral Chain, and that's my most anticipated game this year. So I'll probably get it later.

>Ninja saviors looks great. But it's out the same day as Astral Chain
I can't imagine either game being that long, neither's a huge ass RPG or anything, so I'm not too bothered personally. But yeah, I'm gonna go for beating Astral Chain first, game looks sick.

Yeah. People bringing these up in switch threads is what got me interested in them in the first place. GV should be in today at least.
I'm preordering AC next pay, and if I'm lucky, ninja saviors should be here before AC is out. My order has already hit Canada, just waiting for it to be at my doorstep.

I've been tempted to get odyssey, but I just dont think I'll get much mileage out of it. Is it much fun to look for all the moons? Or will I get bored after beating all the worlds?

I don't do collectathons so I just beat all the worlds, got 12 very fun hours out of it. I think most people enjoy looking for all the moons and get significantly more life out of it than I did.

I'm working on my second playthrough after not touching since I beat it a few months after launch, and I love the world even more than I remembered.

If its anything like the joycons it'll if nothing else be easy to take apart and fix. Plus I dont know about other anons, but I've only had problems with drifting post-smash, so if you're not super into fighting games you may be fine anyways

Sucks that the lite has a smaller screen. From what I played in handheld mode on the original the text and ui was already small.

this is what I'm guessing I'd do, but I feel like my money might be better used on games that'll last me longer, like fire emblem or astral chain

AC might be long. It's 10 gigs. Unless they've confirmed the length somewhere?
I got the Collectors edition off Amazon. I knew I wanted it for sure after seeing some gameplay from the e3 stream. Even the music sounds great.

really? even playing UI intensive games like xenoblade I never had issues with it, honestly with the resolution most games will probably look better

I mean I'm just guessing, Bayonetta is like 10-15ish hours and is like 8gb, I'd imagine Astral Chain will be something simmilar and I wouldn't call that too long of a game, but that may very well just be me.

was bayo really that long? It was a few years ago but when I played it it felt super short, and I sucked and had to redo boss battles a ton too

I'm mostly going to be playing Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2 this week end. I took a break from Switch to play some XIV, but now that I'm finished with the first expansion I'm gonna play a bunch of stuff on this platform again.

Maybe. I just assumed there would be more rpg elements, since you have go around and do police work, upgrade legions and stuff. Which would make the game longer also.

It took me like 15 hours first playthrough, don't think any of it took me too many tries but I have heard people say it's shorter than that, so who knows. Maybe I added a few hours by trying to find stuff all the time and other people saved that for later playthroughs. Howlongtobeat says it's about that long as well.
That might be true, I haven't really been keeping up on Astral Chain news since I was already down for playing it from the first trailer.

>Seiken Densetsu 3,
I have to go to the 4 mana stones and I cleared the desert one, but I don't know how to reach the other 3. Whenever I land on the beach with the turtle, I leave the beach but there's always some object blocking the way and it says "nothing to do here, let's leave for now".

>Kill La Kill
the combat and the voice acting is top-notch, but the game feels repetitive and the cutscenes are a bit shit. I wish it had the quality and pace that the MK cutscenes have.
But the combat itself is great and a lot of fun, I want to get to 2-star Mako right now

hows the roster for kill la kill? Sounds not great if mako's not in at lauch, theres like 10 important characters in the whole show

That's because Monolith had the sense to make the text a decent size. Most developers don't.

Attached: D_Q_JygUcAAD6WW.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

youtube.com/watch?v=myuzjSUNUZc&ab_channel=BayonettaStuff

Attached: 1502394119281.webm (208x384, 2M)

Gonna finish World of Final Fantasy Maxima and gonna start with Patobox

Attached: IMG_20190711_214840.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Loving Three Houses.

Attached: 1490190775412.jpg (988x1000, 241K)

Like dog shit, 30fps on the Switch version while every other version of the remastered version runs at 60fps as God intended.

based retards

Only if its a newer model like the Smash or Xenoblade editions, rest have God awful D-Pads that are outright unusable.

All the original versions ran at 30 fps.

3 houses, hard difficulty, classic mode. It’s fun. Buy odyssey locally from a peer for the cheap

Good thing I was talking about Remastered then.

It’s $43 on eBay

Oddyssey, the FE games are madly overrated even as tactical games and if you've never played any before you can just emulate the older ones to get a taste for them, and while Odyssey is no Galaxy, it's still a fucking ace 3d platformer

Why so much hype for Astral Chain?

well, i went and checked the roster and mako is DLC. She and 2 other nudisto bitchi characters.
kill-la-kill.fandom.com/wiki/Kill_la_Kill_The_Game

Yeah well, the remastered versions for ps4, xbone and pc sucks dick. They look like complete shit. The remastered dark souls for switch actually looks like it should. The best way to play is still original pc dark souls with dsfix.

>>gimmick
How is that a bad thing? If I wanted a less powerful PC I'd just play on PC
>>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
unlike other consoles you can only play on TV
>>dock scratches screen
Didn't happen to me tho
>>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
*Yawn*
>>insufferable, delusional community
Like every community
>>manchildren love it
everyone loves it. Children play on PS4 because it has COD
>>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>"muh trannies"
>>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
Like every other tournament
>>an embarrassment to be seen playing in public
Maybe if you're an insecure 18 year old
>>horrible online, overpriced.
Like PS4
>>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>the most powerful handheld ever made
>>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
Woah, you really got me there

The music/JoJo stands/style/theme/platinum/taking out the trash/booty shorts. Take your pick senpai.

Because it looks like a fucking fantastic game and Platinum has a great track record? Licensed shit not withstanding.

anyone knows when is the new model releasing?

yes

Because posing before summoning robot demons or whatever they are and then enforcing justice is cool as fucking shit.

Attached: 1555219772192.jpg (522x345, 21K)

YES

Attached: brofive.gif (350x282, 1.91M)