Hitman thread

>Start up Hitman after the new update to do the new elusive target
>Load up Colorado
>Lighting is all fucked up, sunrays and flens flare up the ass while ground is too dark
>Whatever
>Get to the target, throw a distraction coin, poison his water, get the info and get out
>Silent Assassin just as easily as it was in HM 2016

So, any acknowledge from IOI about this lighting bug or am I alone with this problem? Seems like they did a bunch of quality of life improvements as well, changing the suspicion cones color from white to yellow. I don't like it aesthetically but it's a lot easier to read now.

Bless IOI for keeping up the updates for Hitman 2 but I wonder how are they going to handle season 3: is it going to be an addon DLC for Hitman 2, it's own seperate title or somewhere in between? For claritys sake I hope season 3 is titled Hitman 3 on the (steam) store but that you'll be able to import all of your progress and content from 2 to 3.

Attached: Hitman2.png (808x853, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_stW6JvB4SI?t=2105
youtube.com/watch?v=1BzPFNQdh0M
ioi.dk/hitman-2-july-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only reason to make a new game is for engine's improvements i guess, like elevators

>Lighting is all fucked up, sunrays and flens flare up the ass while ground is too dark
yeah, they tend to fuck around a lot with the bloom lighting.
getting lots of crashes when playing sniper maps just now after the update, dunno what's up with that

They've been patching new features into H2 like the destruction system so I don't see how they couldn't make the engine support elevators as well. Season 3 is 100% going to be on their proprietary glacier engine and it's going to reuse all the assets they've been making with 2016 and 2 but I just wonder how IOI is going to distribute the game itself: as an paid update to 2 or as it's own title.

In the recent Noclip doc about Hitman, the IOI CEO stated that they wanted to have the whole "world of assassination" (2016, 2 and 3) to be playable from start to finish in a single game, so it begs the question: how are they going to achieve it?

youtu.be/_stW6JvB4SI?t=2105

All the different editions of H2 are such a mess for casual consumers to decipher and I hope IOI finds a solution for H3 that doesn't add into the confusion.

Attached: Hitman5.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

>like the destruction system
Is this retroactively added to the existing levels or is it for the Bank only?

They tend to fuck with the legacy maps lighting since people kept complaining about them but pic related doesn't seem intended. Everything other than the sky seems way too dark for one.

Attached: 20190802193923_1.jpg (2560x1440, 340K)

All the levels, old and new.

A lot of people originally complained about 2016 and 2018 feeling too "Bond-esque". But I personally love it.

Travelling the globe, assassinating high level targets in various ways on a gigantic level. The theme of the game reminds me of Silent Assassin, (although with a far inferior story) and the gameplay reminds me of Blood Money.

HITMAN 2 is probably the best Hitman game they've ever released, especially if you count the 2016 missions as part of the game.

One thing I wish IO would do instead of Elusive Targets is give us classic missions from the previous games, reimagined with the new engine.

Imagine playing St. Petersburg Stakeout, Meat King's Party, A New Life, Anathema, Basement Killing, The Lee Hong Assassination with this engine, and possibly expanded options.

They'll never do it, though.

Attached: WCCFhitman212.jpg (763x429, 83K)

Legit. How far can the destruction go? Is it just blowing chunks off walls and such?

Speaking of ETs, why does IOI insist on giving us multiple targets for Paris and Sapienza when a good part of the levels haven't had a single one?

youtube.com/watch?v=1BzPFNQdh0M

From what I can tell, it's all just cosmetics. Pic related are the settings and "base" is what the console versions use afaik. So you can't kill target or complete a level faster because you have more simulation on your destruction, that would fuck up the balance for different platforms.

Attached: 1241345235.jpg (476x577, 80K)

Remember when everyone was seething over Hitman being announced as episodic? Whatever happened to that?

yeah that's wrong, here's how it looks on my machine.
report it on their website or something maybe

Attached: 20190802190011_1.jpg (2560x1440, 498K)

The episodic release model flopped and they went back to the traditional format. So no reason to be seething any longer since there is nothing to seethe about.

>Still no best suit aka imperial classic
Just give us the fucking Mumbai ET, fuck.

Attached: elusive-target-suit-rewards-hitman-2.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

they fucked up the BM tie, and the coat should be buttoned up like the suburban suit

I like the gameplay of the modern games but I prefer the darker tone of the older titles. Contracts had that whole 2000's grindhouse aesthetic going on that felt so sleazy you could touch and smell it though your screen. As you've said, the new games are going for a more Bond inspired feel and that is okay, it's just a new take on the concept. The new music is fine for what they are going for, though Jesper Kyds soundtracks are something else entirely in terms of atmosphere. I like that they've adapted more dark ambient tracks every now and then with their new maps & I hope they keep exploring into that direction.

I like what they've done with the new Hitman games but I simply prefer the earlier entries take on the subject. I'd be fine with them continuing the whole Hitman Bond aesthetic as long as they'd release a map or two in spirit of the earlier, grittier games.

all we need is gore as an extra option and we have a terrorist simulator

I'm hoping they compress the file size if they go on to make Hitman 3. It's starting to get ridiculously large.

I wonder what the new IP is as well.

What the fuck you lookin' at, cracker?

FUCK I JUST LOST
>elusive target
>infiltrate cabins, carrying a shovel
>approach laptop
>says I can blend in as a militia guard (was going for SA so no disguise)
>do it
>guard walks in and tries to arrest me
>die after taking out like 20 fucking dudes

Why the fuck would that option be available if it wouldn't even work?

Attached: 1551500040290.jpg (230x220, 8K)

>just bought 2016
>elusive targets are all gone
>by the time I play 2 they'll all be gone too
good system

download the free version of hitman 2 and play 2016 through it, there's a elusive target up now

So i was busy and last time i played was in June and right now i see they've changed the suspicion indicator.
Is it only a visual change or they revamped completely?

Attached: 1563153439172.gif (342x246, 2.41M)

>tfw just tried Patient Zero SASO for the first time
What the fuck, this is the most trial-and-error map ever. Why'd they make it so the virus spreads this early and this fast?

Attached: 1545945878188.png (1600x900, 978K)

Don't waste time playing the H1 client none of the mastery progress carries over because SE owns the server data.

>ioi.dk/hitman-2-july-update/
>Firstly, we’ve made a change to the colour. Yellow is the new white and makes it easier to see.
>Secondly, the meter will now ‘fill’ allowing you to see how close you are to being spotted.
>Thirdly, we’ve made a technical change to the attention meter to prevent it from not being visible on-screen. It was previously a 3D object in the world and in some cases, depending on where the camera was positioned, it wasn’t visible to the player.

do what: says

2 has the superior versions of 1's maps + you'll keep your unlocks for 2's maps once you buy it.

>Dont own hitman 2 but own hitman 1
>play through the hitman 2 client
>they keep releasing nothing but legacy elusive targets
>3 fucking legacy elusive targets this month
How mad are hitman 2 players, wont be buying hitman 2 til its dirt cheap considering I got hitman 1 for free

Not even mad since I want those sweet legacy suits

those laptops are busted, you can blend in with any disguise but it won't do any good.
My condolences

hitman is boring and has little to no replay value
distract, steal clothes, infiltrate, steal different clothes, kill, escape
boring.

t. has no creativity

>little to no replay value
Bait.

on top of that, $130 for the fucking full edition of the game? What kind of gyp is that, especially since the game is mostly unchanged from previous versions
you're paying more $$ for the same rehash boring gameplay
and creativity is not really possible either, great you can use a syringe or a choke them, different animation, exactly same end result

i bet you also think terraria is superior to minecraft, brainlet

>$130
Nigger just go on key sites i got TM1 Goty + TM2 Gold for like $37

Attached: 1546188703100.gif (231x300, 344K)

the point is, even if the game is free, it's garbage and I'm surprised it has any following at all

>terraria
who the fuck even plays 2d platformers in 2019?
minecraft is also garbage

>different animation, exact same end result
Except one counts as a body found and is noiser with it's only advantage being that it costs no resources to use.

Are you sure you've even played the game?

The elusive target breakdown from 2016 is something like
Paris: 9
Sapienza: 6
Marrakesh: 4
Bangkok: 3
Colorado: 2
Hokkaido: 2

Presumably, they did it because they were releasing it episodically and wanted to give people a chance to get levels before putting elusives on them. Now that they're doing them as legacy targets though, their Paris + Sapienza pool is bigger than the other four levels combined.

>Three (3) legacy ETs this month
JESUS CHRIST GIVE ME MY IMPERIAL SUIT ALREADY!!!

not mad because elusive targets are gay

>muh imaginary points
Just play the game, beat it whatever way you want and stfu nigger

I fucking hate Elusive Targets so much. Sales are massively down from Absolution so they're obviously a desperate attempt to get people to buy the game now instead of waiting for a sale or price drop. Just make them like they are now but release them all permanently after a certain time period.

>he thinks getting to the end credits is an achievement in a Hitman game
Why are you even playing a sandbox game if you don't want to experiment?

You haven't really beaten these games until you SASO every level.

if you get spotted during a elusive target just hit esc and alt f4. Progress is not saved if you alt+f4 and you can just retry it over and over again.

nigger what are you doing, progress isn't saved as long as the target is alive you can hit esc and just go restart

but if you have already completed an objective you can no longer restart. Alt f4ing lets you do that.

Wish I had known this about 5 minutes ago after I just finished a fucked up Elusive Target.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAA.gif (387x301, 715K)

>Not sucking up for your mistakes and completing the mission anyway
You're robbing yourself of the excitement

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)