What does Mario spend all his money on? Dude makes a small fortune just pushing Bowser's shit in every day

What does Mario spend all his money on? Dude makes a small fortune just pushing Bowser's shit in every day.

Attached: 109-1093647_coins-are-a-simple-mechanic-in-the-game.jpg (840x1074, 279K)

he trades 100 coins to the god of death in order to live another day

mushroom kingdom's economy is extremely inflated thanks to peach's tax policies, that's why you can find coins on the street, they're basically worthless

This. The economy collapsed around 1996 when the Great Bob-Omb war took off and most of the kingdom's resources went into cannons and wartime expenses. Subsequently, around that time, most citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom began switching to a more stable (but far less common) currency: power stars.

Funny costumes. Did you even play teh game?

There is more utility in Power Stars than coins.

True - I guess that's sort of why it caught on for trade.

Those Parties didn't throw themselves, and Race Tracks didn't spring up from nowhere, he obviously spends them on doing that kind of shit with his friends and frienemies. And with NSMB2 he is set.

Peach is the one footing the bill.

NSMB2 was a statement on inflation and how meaningless capital becomes when faced with corruption from bowser who is overvaluing workforce and the worth of lives of his minions.

He owns his own small country. Did you play Super Mario Land 2? He has a castle, a space program, and a skyscraper sized statue of himself.

How much is a space program worth when most people can literally survive being shot out of a cannon onto other planets? Not to mention teleportation technology.

I like to imagine he has a ton of scuttlebugs as pets and he uses his money to pamper them.

He buys blowjobs from Wendy Koopa.

If we're taking the entirety of Mario's universe, coins aren't really anything to talk of. The Beanbean Kingdom's coins are worth a lot more and the gold coins Wario collects are probably of higher quality.

Attached: Wario's_Only_Love.jpg (800x709, 110K)

MK coins' buying power is pretty consistent though and the quality of life is pretty high. For all we know the bizarre fluctuations in currency between Mushroom Kingdom and Beanbean are probably just a bizarre side effect of Peach being kidnapped again.
It's not like you see any actual shortages of stuff like food or other necessities.

Good point. It makes you wonder if there are other currencies like that other user mentioned. Stars could be a good contender and red and blue coins are worth more. Toads can probably grow mushrooms easily and they can be cooked in various ways and some get really big. I'm interested in seeing a Mario game where they go into depth with the Mushroom Kingdom's economy.

Pizza and Macaroni

this. it's common for a society to switch to commodity money in times of high inflation. the fiat currency of coins is basically useless during wartime. power stars and moons have higher utility which is why bowser always attempts to gain full control over the country's supply of them whenever he attempts a hostile takeover. my theory is that during times of peace and prosperity, coins have more value and security, but once bowser kidnaps peach, the government of the mushroom kingdom basically collapses and there is no financial infrastructure in place to redeem people's currency, leading to high inflation and the switch to commodity currency.

Attached: 1465278329234.jpg (885x1168, 793K)

Attached: 1465278395744.jpg (885x1179, 961K)

Attached: 1465278462242.jpg (883x1177, 957K)

Attached: 1465278528529.jpg (883x1191, 854K)

Attached: 1465278595513.jpg (884x1168, 951K)

Attached: 1465278662677.jpg (884x1176, 903K)

Done.

Attached: 1465278728714.jpg (883x1177, 578K)

What of Peach being kidnapped is just a scandal for economic growth? War efforts increase and allow the selling and spending of military weapons to enhance. What if theres a deal between the mushroom and koopa kingdom for the split of these profits?

if this were the case then why would coins be useless enough to just be laying around during war times? it seems like the kingdom is much more prosperous during peace.

Perhaps they arent processed items, but are naturally growing like plants

That's canon

Attached: images (1).jpg (480x360, 21K)

wow what the fuck happened to Mushroom Kingdom economy

I wonder if, after the monarchy of Princess Peach's dynasty has proven incompetent (even in matters of simple security, but economic instability, labor, social issues, etc) time and time again, if the people of the Mushroom Kingdom had ever considered ending the monarchy and installing a democratic-based system of governance? A Mushroom Republic, if you will.

Imagine the prosperity that would come to all the different regions in the Mushroom Kingdom now! Toad Town, New Donk, Glitzville, etc as booming centers of culture and trade. The working class ice and jungle communities that have been neglected for far too long. Those on the fringes of society, like the Goombas and Koopas (historically segregated and stereotyped, might I had, by the monarchy!) finally getting a say in the government. It would change everything.

Even if they didn't want to elect a president, at least give the Mushroom Kingdom a parliament to make decisions and keep Peach as a figurehead with no real powers. It's time.

Have you seen how many castles Peach has?

>New Donk
New Donk city is not part of the Mushroom Kingdom you dumbass.
NDC is the capital of the metro kingdom. Do you even play the games?

I once read a story where Peach took over Bower's kingdom, gender swapped Bowser into a female version of Peach, hypnotized bow-Peach into thinking he really was Peach and then sent him back to marry Mario and make peace between the kingdoms.

i'm pretty sure one of you guys here is matpat

Did YOU? Mayor Pauline is under direct authority of Princess Peach - she says as much in the game. Metro Kingdom is a colonized prefecture of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Quit wasting my time with pointless arguments and give us something really worthwhile to think about in the political structure of the Super Mario franchise, fuck.

>she says as much in the game
That is absolutely not true
Post a screencap or fuck off

Not my job to play the game for you, dumbass. I'm not your favorite basedboy YouTuber - go watch them play if you refuse to.

Attached: autismo.png (634x480, 390K)

You should see how it is at the end of the game.