Why does everyone hate that Steam has actual competition now?

Why does everyone hate that Steam has actual competition now?

Attached: file.png (1426x752, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/tetris-effect-works-with-steamvr-but-you-dont-need-steam-to-play-it/
twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1157298020691644416
theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war
gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program
youtu.be/RvKmQs6m_iY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introversion_Software#Financial_history_and_independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play
dev.epicgames.com/en-US/services
overclock3d.net/news/software/valve_and_microsoft_may_be_working_on_steam_xbox_cross-play/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

americans are mentally ill drones worshipping brands and companies.

Attached: 1564231547804.png (653x605, 497K)

Competition is good when it encourages companies to provide a better service to outdo their opponents. Unfortunately "Competition" these days just means a company has enough capital to strongarm consumers into using their inferior product through underhanded strategies.

Attached: 1552943202660.jpg (800x914, 145K)

I loooove chink store

You schtick is getting old, o dick swallower of tim.

Completely true, but Epic Games Store still is shit.

It always had competition. Hell, Microsoft's Games for Windows Live had a cart and leaderboards, see Dangerous Driving.

Client I've used for 12 years vs client from a company I don't like owned by a company I hate

the only games that are exclusive are the ones developed by Valve.
They are not actively buying people to prevent them from using other stores to sell their game

>feelsguy
Get some new material

they are mentally ill user

Attached: fB1uv6vK_400x400.jpg (268x268, 14K)

You DARE buy something from the Epic Store?!

Attached: 1563893885818.png (616x822, 23K)

All Tenscent threads should be banned

Oh yeah, almost forgot about adding the next batch of free games to my account that only consists of free games.
Thank you Mr. Sweeny.

Because GoG was much better for us as consumers, as far as competition is concerned

Because customers aren't benefiting from it.

Because I don't want to download and manage 2 programs and accounts. Why can't we have a game on both and choose the better provider?

>I love not owning my games
Steam is the exact same

What games are exclusive to the steam store?
Just because the developer only has it for sale on steam, doesn't mean its actually exclusive there. The developer is able to sell it on any platform at any time.
Epic is paying people to keep it only on Epic.
You chinks need to learn the difference.

"game is exclusive" is never a good thing regardless what it is exclusive too. Exclusivity deals is essentially platform taking a game hostage, so yeah, fuck terrorists.
Steam does not do exclusivity deals with developers. If game is exclusive to steam, gog or such it's because dev didn't want or bother to release it anywhere else, which blows, but isn't fault of platform.

>actual competition
It doesn't have this, it has a greedy chink corporation trying to build a monopoly.

Not gonna happen since Hiro and his dogs are on payroll.
Notice how fast they reacted to the you know what current spam.
Chink spam been going since December of last year and no actions were taken whatsoever.

i only buy game from tencent

white pig never smell my money!

because it doesn't benefit the customers in this case. competition with GOG and Steam was good because GOG offers stuff that Steam doesn't and doesn't actively detract from Steam while doing so. EGS offers absolutely nothing to customers.

Oops, missclicked.

>criticize epic
>dont mention steam or any other platform
>BUT WHAT ABOUT STEAM

Every fucking time

Then why arent you fighting against DRM?

Attached: 1563889687911.png (499x338, 38K)

I don't remember valve ever paying people for exclusivity, you can even discuss GOG versions on the steam forums.
You should sell your game on many storefronts as possible.

>m-muh 30% cut!
well, price it higher on steam.

cause it's not competition

game devs get a better cut from epic, which is nice, but the way epic conducts themselves about it is scummy
they just buy out the competition instead of letting it happen naturally, which I think is exactly the direction the market shouldnt go.
if you wanna really pull sales without contracts and embargoes, just make it 5 bucks cheaper and naturally sort the retards from the common sense consumers

Steam isn't paying for exclusivity like a fucking console and I'll be butthurt about it if they start, you disingenuous chink shill.

Can we discuss how Epic Games Store is trying to become a monopoly?

Because Fortnite is for gay chink tranny toddlers

they don't

but its a valid point, thats why you see it all the time, dummy. maybe add a counterpoint.
you "own" your games on steam just like epic, is this incorrect, or do you just shout for attention

Attached: 1553898811520.jpg (816x1356, 348K)

Remember when Netflix got competition? Good times.

So guys, can we discuss how Epic is trying to become the Standard Oil of video games by using their money and make themselves into a monopoly by forcing out competition?

Quick reminder.
>For the foreseeable future, any VR game that isn't an Oculus exclusive is probably going to include SteamVR as a launch option regardless of what store it's available on. SteamVR auto-launching with a GOG game was an issue for at least one user.
pcgamer.com/tetris-effect-works-with-steamvr-but-you-dont-need-steam-to-play-it/
Now even games on GOG.com require Steam if you want to VR. Thanks Valve!

This. Nobody seems to talk about how Epic games is just piggybacking off of an audience of 9-year olds. People just spam chink which might be partially true but isn't as critical or accurate. I say down with the Fortnite toddlers, let them drown in the cesspool they've made for themselves

The thing is, if your game is not available for purchase on Steam, then I am not going to pay money for it.

>actual competition
Exclusivity is not actual competition and hurts the consumer, me and you, in the long run.
Actual competition would have the product in question on both storefronts, so that the customer could choose where to buy it from. And they'd usually pick the storefront they like more.
This would mean that the less popular storefront, would have to innovate and improve so that they'd seem more appealing to the customer.
That's how real competition work you fucking shill

but netflix is not free sub 80iq steamtard

They have bought like, at best, 2 AAA games, and one of them only for 6 months. They're doing a shitty job at it.

Does ebin supporting the devs by taking a smaller cut result in lower prices? No.

>Epic games is just piggybacking off of an audience of 9-year olds.
If you want to trick millions of people into supporting an evil store, what other choice is there outsive of retarded 9-year-olds

twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1157298020691644416

OH NO NO NO NO THE GOD JOURNO HIMSELF HAS SPOKEN STEAM DRONES
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

>GoG
Isn't it interesting that no one was ever angry that some games are available on GoG but not steam? So why do Epic shills still try pushing the idea that the reason everyone doesn't like epic is as simple as a game being on one store and not the other?

>They're doing a shitty job
And yet they're still using monopolistic practices to force competition out of the way
>Buying out exclusives from competitors
>Bribing people to not work with competitiors
>Attempting (well, claiming) that prices will be indefeasibly lowered and trying to force competitors to compete with those lower prices
EPIC IS TRYING TO BE A MONOPOLY

Yeah fuck gamers. How important are they in the gaming world? Not at all, now that some dude is just handing out money in exchange for cronyism.

Attached: 1560196125938.jpg (593x800, 233K)

wait, are you referring to that dosbox abbandonware stuff? Even GOG seems to be giving up on that

Epic can't even do something as basic as a shopping cart, which is something that every single other digital store and website in existence has had for ages. Then there's the sale that they fucked up and pissed off developers, and buying too many games too quickly results in your account getting banned. Why would I WANT to use something like this?

>0.10 yuan and 30 social credits have been added to your account

>actual competition

Keep dreaming tim.

GOG.com only enforces a temporary exclusivity when they offer technical support for the re-release. You can just not use their services and release them both in GOG.com and any other store.

>still thinking Steam is competing with any of the storefronts

When will you god damn retards learn that Steam's only competition is with pirates and accessibility. Nothing more; nothing less.

pretty much

>safety net for shitty games
kek

NOOOOOOOO THEY GOT ANOTHER DEV. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. HOW COULD THESE DEVS FORSAKE LORD GABEN'S GRACIOUS 30% CUT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE HAT MARKET IS IMPLODING? NONONONO VALVE HAS TO START MAKING GAMES AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Attached: file.png (920x900, 514K)

Valve is successful because they’ve always understood that their REAL competition wasn’t other online storefronts, or brick and mortar stores, or physical delivery services like amazon, or key resellers, or direct purchase from publisher sites.

Their real competition is ThePirateBay.

The hard lesson that every one of Valve’s competitors, Epic included, will have to learn is that no matter what you do, you can’t STOP me from getting your “exclusive” release through BitTorrent. You have to incentivize me to give you money instead of downloading the software for free.

And you cannot hope to accomplish that if you don’t treat what I want as more important than what the developer of the game wants. Because I hold all the fucking cards here. I’m not stuck using your service if I want to play some game; I can either give you money, or click and goddamn magnet link. Your job, your WHOLE job, as a storefront, is to find ways to get me to not do that.

Good luck, Tim.

Epic does offer games that steam does not offer.

I don't think people are annoyed at competition for steam. I think they're annoyed by how shady a tactic it comes off as with epic aggressively trying to make games exclusive to their storefront.

I hate that probably none of the games on EGS will be on GOG. That's why I hate EGS.

You don't cuz you are a zoomer

Attached: zoomzoom.png (639x353, 60K)

Because exclusive is the only shit they can offer.
The platform is broken and they do not care to fix it because their true customers are the developers and not the gamers.

>Competition is good when it encourages companies to provide a better service to outdo their opponents

This dude. /thread
Epic has a shitty and unsecured storefront. They don't care about consumers.

Quantic Dream only sold games on GOG.com, tho. After the exclusivity ends, surely it will be released there.

Just fucking pirate them you retard, gog offers nothing more than piratebay. Same goes for epic an steam

Steam keeps my shit updated for me.

SWAT 4 is gog exclusive, but that's because gog located IP owner and bought distribution rights while no one else did, so it's not really an exclusivity deal.

It's literally published by Activision. They just don't release it anywhere else out of laziness.

>game isn't on gog

And they offer no support for swat 4 multi. GoG fucking blows

That’s unrestricted capitalism for you. Americans are cattle lined up to slaughter.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02 SWAT 4 Gold Edition on GOG com.png (624x54, 22K)

>Now even games on GOG.com require Steam if you want to VR. Thanks Valve!
>Article explicittly says you don't need Steam nor have Steam running to play games with SteamVR

Of all this dumb shit that Valve does that you could've chosed, you gunned for them making it easier for consumers to use VR regardless of launcher, and developers alike to implement VR in their games?

Attached: 1525414740276.png (193x207, 13K)

>implying kids nowadays know how to set up direct connection

Kids wouldn't play this game to begin with.

Real consumer-freindly competition would be - "lets release on whatever platforms are available and let the consumer choose"

Epic doesn’t allow that. At this point, either you are an exclusive on their store front or they don’t want you.

gamer
basedboy
basedboy

Attached: 1564681481183.png (678x411, 16K)

nice what-aboutism. did you vote for hillary?

You know that's a lie.

The fact that Epic, which their 1000+ employees, funding from Tencent, and gazillions of dollars that they make with Fortnite and Unreal 4 royalties didn't focus on trying to develop a better store than Valve's, that could easily have all the features but better, on top of the 12% cut thing, but rather rush out of the door and just brute force their way into the digital store scene by fucking over consumers and being petty toward rival companies with exclusivity deals and constant shitflinging is really telling of what they're striving for.

Pro tip: It ain't improving the industry.

And the fact that there are people who fall for their blatantly obvious bull anyway is legitimately impressive.

Attached: 1553832432740.png (165x171, 47K)

Thus spoke the Skatebird devs, who approached Epic about releasing the game on EGS and were told “no, because you promised backers Steam keys and we’re only interested in exclusives”

Sweeney literally won’t allow it. In the beginning he did but not now. Now if a game comes to EGS it isn’t coming to Steam.

it's hard to tell whether it's just more shills or if it's actually really stupid/ignorant people who would actually support a storefront such as this.

And the most bizarre thing about this is the tim sweeney, epic's owner literally just got finished with a very vocal 3-year war against microsoft and 'walled garden' style apporaches to selling games specifically on PC. The hypocrisy of this comany is truly insane. Even more so is their obliviousness to it.

Attached: 1561913392448.png (640x1020, 123K)

Sweeney didn’t hate the walled garden on principle, he hated that it would cost him potential cash money.

I didn't knew about it, thanks.

rent free

based

Competition is dumb as fuck, why do people believe this will make things better and not worse? Twitch be Mixer is terrible because Twitch is vastly superior and that’s why it’s top. Steam vs EGS is terrible because Steam is vastly superior already. Thousands of games, thousands of functions. There’s nothing a competition can bring to the board that’s good, we’ll only be losing from here on out. Monopolies are good because why choose? We only need one. It’s faster and simpler that way. No one wants to shovel through multiple launchers and who knows what else.

The funny thing about that is theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war

Attached: lyin tim sweeney.jpg (926x519, 160K)

I don't get it, who wrote that OP-ED?

Is it 2017?

Traditionally competitive markets force companies to improve the quality of their product to out do their opponents. It's not always the case but that's how it's supposed to work but there are ways around it.

What's even funnier is that this is the guy that back in the lçate 00's was like 'fuck PC, they're a bunch of pirates, anyone who can build a PC knows how to pirate a game' and now he speaks like he's the defacto spokesman of the entire PC gaming market or some shit.

>>m-muh 30% cut!
>well, price it higher on steam.
Even GOG has a 30% cut if I'm not mistaken.
I don't expect iOS, Google, PSN or XBL to be any different

That's the nature of a company trying to literally force a monopoly. Come in with a ridiculous price that can only be sustained through vast reserves of cash, force everyone else to either drop to your price or bail out. Then raise the prices back. Tim Sweeny and Epic need to actually be investigated by the US government. I'm pretty sure Canada is going to do so soon because of Mechwarrior 5.

>Even GOG has a 30% cut if I'm not mistaken.
Stop repeating this lie.
>In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.
gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

>I can't control myself and will buy a game even if is in a shitty client I don't like
If you hate EBIN GAYMES so much just pirate it lol

China will grow larger.

Attached: 1550508677531.png (1426x752, 96K)

>the only games that are exclusive are the ones developed by Valve.
what a ridiculous lie what is wrong with you? they have literally thousands of exclusive games

>all competition is good

its not whataboutism when the argument is specifically a defense of steam you absolute mongoloid

that's not exclusivity, that was a deal back when steam wasn't even approachable or liked
don't get it twisted, nobody likes steam outside of tradecucks and 3rd worlders laundering cash, all these stores are fucking garbage tier and GoG can only provide so much
but making a shitty situation shitter isn't something Im gonna support, chang

difference being that valve never paid publishers or devs to only release on their store

>Literally no mention of exclusivity

GOG lowered their cut to 12%, which forced them to end their Fair Price Package feature, because, as some people have said multiple times in multiple threads, 12% is unsustainable if you don't have some massive secondary source of money being generatated to easily back that up.

Valve doesn't have one
CD Projekt Red doesn't have one
Epic has three of them, Tencent, Fortnite, and Unreal 4.

>GOG lowered their cut to 12%
I know their lowered it, but they never said any percentage.

Epic store is ok because you can pirate anything on there without guilt. They already got their money.

One is operating at a loss to acquire as many PCs as possible to build up a social credit database for the eventual western implementation.

The other simply sells games and has good tools.

I didn't realize Gabe bought games and forced them to be on steam. My bad.

That's entirely on the publisher/developer's side though, Capcom, for an example, only releases their games on Steam probably because GOG is the only other launcher that's not exclusive to a company's games like Origin and Uplay, and it's explicitly DRM free and Capcom doesn't want that.

But Valve isn't paying anyone to make games exclusive to their store, if Capcom wants they can sell their games on Steam, GoG and Epic as well.

>exclusives
>competition

Choose one

this user gets it

Attached: unclejackkelly.png (975x600, 257K)

People caring about where a game is being launched on
are people that complain about 2 additional mouseclicks a day, by writing books on x, x & x

nothing else

>Tencent wants to collaborate with Valve to bring Steam to China
>Valve said fuck you and picked Perfect World instead
>Tencent got furious and decided to collaborate with Epic
>Now everything Epic do is just because of butthurt Tencent
>Tim is a chink puppet

Attached: 1564767056957.jpg (712x712, 96K)

How many games are exclusive to Steam that would even be eligible to appear on GOG and such? 95 percent of the things you can only get on Steam are bad enough they required Steam's lack of quality control to get in, and that wouldn't sell elsewhere anyway.

you mean like
>origin
>uplay
>ms store
>GoG
>humble bundle

>First party only
>First Party only
>.03% market share
>Actual competition but with a different segment
>Literal meme company

>and that wouldn't sell elsewhere anyway.
You know, before Steam dropped curation people sold their games on their own stores, Desura or itch.io or just made them for free.

>strongarm consumers into using their inferior product through underhanded strategies
How is buying exclusive rights underhanded? Literally happens in every form of entertainment. What part of Epic's deals are underhanded?

I'm pirating everything Epic ever, but there are larger issues at play here.

steam has and always will be shit

>False
>False
>Not an argument
>Not an argument
>Not an argument

zoom zoom

Uplay is first-party only tho.

It’s okay when steam does it

So you disagree that GoG has a huge chunk of the market, put primarily goes after a different segment?

>4 epik games threads created in the past hour
Really makes you think huh?

>GOG is not competition because it goes after a different market segment!
is not an argument.

so who has the better sales then? What is the point of competition if I can't profit from it?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Steam doesn't buy 500k copies just to force an exclusivity contract.

Attached: Screenshot (265).png (1366x768, 836K)

Can you find the post where I said GoG wasn't competition? Coca Cola and Pepsi explicitly target different demographics and markets, yet are direct competitors

It blew my mind that Rainbow Six Siege was available on Origin as well. Anybody claiming that Steam is a monopoly is a fucking retard.

This image confuses me. You get just one topping? So just a pepperoni pizza then? Why not call it that instead of single topping pizza?

Monopoly is about marketshare and nothing else. That said, steam isn't a Monopoly on that front either

Because they are entitled manchildren.

It literally boils down to one of these two options:
1. Do you prefer to have fluff features from Steam and have the developers make less money?
2. Or do you prefer to have the developers make much more money and develop a better game, while leaving behind fluff features from Steam?

The idea that Epic is the way of the future is retarded. It will never happen. Epic gives devs money upfront because they KNOW people will boycott the game. The moment Epic knows people WON'T boycott the game, they have no reason to fork cash over to the devs. And when will this happen? When they overcome Steam. When is that going to happen? Never.

So you have a beautiful balance. And I'm on the side of developers on this one.

Because GoG never did that buy purchasing exclusivity rights.

>And I'm on the side of developers on this one.
Literal cuck.

Newfags don't remember, but Valve has always had one of the worst fanbases of all time. Take all the worst parts from the console warlords yet also remove the games, comedy and logic associated with it and presto.

Attached: 1459876200570.jpg (854x545, 84K)

because you can have pork, bacon, italian sausage, canadian bacon, chicken, or any veggie.

>Literally happens in every form of entertainment.
That doesn't make it not underhanded.

>Valve lost in the second round
Wow you sure showed them

>Can you find the post where I said GOG wasn't competition
>But I was calling it competition! I just made sure to explicitly point out that they go after a different market segment to heavily imply that they aren't competition.
>Coca Cola and Pepsi explicitly target different demographics and markets
Is this nigger serious.

Attached: Takamura laugh 3.png (500x498, 288K)

>"dude we love indie devs lol! come on over and we can discuss exclusivity"
>"oh but not you niggers, how fucking dare you try to sell your game on both platforms. i'm going to make sure your studio fails"
>"what do you mean why are we letting cdpr sell cyberpunk everywhere? i'm going to fucking kill you and send your entire family to a chinese concentration camp"
Direct quote from Tim sent by email

I prefer my videogames to have more funding. Enjoy spending 10 minutes playing the game and 2 hours browsing Steam, tranny.

So you admit that I called it competition, then added your own interpretation on top of it?

And yes, Coca Cola and Pepsi target different segments of the market. Pepsi 100% targets a younger market, while Coke targets an older one

I don't buy on Steam, tho.

oof stretch before preforming gymnastics

>then added your own interpretation
You should join the fucking olympics with how good you are at jumping through hoops.
>Pepsi targets a younger market
>While coke targets an older one
You literally love under a rock, chang.

Attached: I came here to laugh at you (1).jpg (1280x960, 201K)

Epic
>actually makes games that people want to play
>curated store
>thinks it's important to pay devs fairly
>runs simple store for games and that's it

Valve
>only makes phone-like games designed to sell digital cosmetics and other market garbage (that no one wants to play 5 minutes after they're released)
>willingly lets their store overflow with shovelware garbage. if it can make gabe a single cent he will sell it, your experience be damned
>will squeeze every penny he can from devs
>badges, trading cards, sale events, market, hats: it's all about constantly making money trickle into their fat wallet
>only got popular because they were first and survive on the lock-in effect from people already being invested
>has a shopping cart woo gabe always wins baby

Gee, I can't for the life of me figure out who the good guys are!

Attached: 1541321593220.gif (500x516, 152K)

It isn't "actual competition", the only people i know who use it only use it for Fortnite, and they played it like once.

WE ARE BEING HUNTED AND ATTACKED IN THE STREETS EPICBROS!

Attached: a84eVuC.png (1150x1391, 215K)

>Actual competition
kek, epic throwing fucktons of money around to try and be relevant is not really a competition, their store is shitty, is horrible to navigate and lacks basic features, even origin is better then epic and thats really not very good

>only makes phone-like games designed to sell digital cosmetics and other market garbage (that no one wants to play 5 minutes after they're released)
>badges, trading cards, sale events, market, hats: it's all about constantly making money trickle into their fat wallet
>only got popular because they were first and survive on the lock-in effect from people already being invested
True.
>will squeeze every penny he can from devs
They also have the best features of any platform by far.

Isn't epic games store free to launch? I don't see the issue here.

When did the Epicposting come back anyway?
Didn't they completely shoot any reputation they had away and now all they can grab is kickstarters for mediocre games?

30 steambucks have been deposited in your wallet.

Attached: deepwaterjew.jpg (580x334, 37K)

Their store is curated because they have next to no games to sell and nobody would sell their crap there if epic didn't pay them literally millions.

Fuck this guy and fuck anyone who attempts to “elevate the level of discourse”. I’ll screech like a retard if I want to.

If you're not ripping game files, refunding, and cracking them you're part of the problem, and deserve every piece of this Hell you've placed yourself in.

Attached: nyet.jpg (945x642, 159K)

>Rainbow Six Siege
To be fair, Ubisoft would try to sell their games on a literal toaster if they could. I've seen their ass show up on fucking Tokyo Game Show multiple times, even though the japs couldn't give to shits about them, while other western companies just straight up ignore that event.

They got mechwarrior 5

there you go champ. see doesnt stretching make you feel good.
also with that 30 bucks i can buy a lot of games thanks to steam always haveing decent deals

>The irony in this post
Its extra funny considering resetera pedophiles do the exact same thing to everyone

For epic, creating competition means providing early funding to developers. If this early funding is unprofitable for them, it is not sustainable and they will die. Conversely, if it is sustainable, that means they are providing valuable funding to developers of games that people want to play.
For steam, enduring competition means having to provide a better service so that more people use (spend money on) the platform, increasing the amount Epic has to pay devs to make up for lost Steam sales.
For the consumer, a competitive market means downloading a free program. Spending literally $0 extra dollars, even in the event that Steam competes by using exclusivity as well. It also means better stores and more games to choose from (as there is more funding in the market).

The whole argument that this isn't competition or that the consumer doesn't benefit is ignorant of shit you learn in a 100 level business course at a community college.

I mean... I will. What was your point.

Because I'm not buying from a store that doesn't even have a shopping cart.

>imagine supporting Valve
>imagine supporting egs
Of the two valve is the lesser evil, but if you hate one you should hate both
None of them are good

>people only sell their stuff there because Epic pays them
Wow. You cracked the code user.

lie? please provide an example where Valve paid a developer to not publish his game on other platform

>Steam
>creates VR backend that can be used without Steam
>creates netcode backend that can be used without Steam

>Epic
>creates console war backend because Tim hates Steam

>"A-at least Americans get more money"

Attached: Cina-_Xinjiang_camps.jpg (1200x667, 125K)

>For the consumer, a competitive market means downloading a free program.
Yeah, a “free program” from The Pirate Bay in the form of whatever fucking game Tim bought for me this week.

How exactly is Valve bad? Have they done bad stupid things? Yes, and they received prompt shit for them and stopped immediately.

Because they're paying companies to make games exclusive to them. That is to the detriment of buyers. There's have been multiple cases of games opening up for preorder and afterward deciding to be an Epic Games exclusive because they were directly paid to by Epic Games. Epic Games has also bought out Easy AntiCheat in order to shut down progress on getting their anti cheat software to work in Proton. Epic Games is funded by the Chinese government. They are not competition, they are a weapon. The intention is that the Chinese gain control of the market for PC game distribution.

Attached: 3f9e32b405749bae333187151450e28fa53af5d4.png (1925x1925, 1.11M)

No wonder all the weird indie shit on epic sucks. There's no incentive to make a quality game if epic is gonna pay you regardless of how it sells.

>go to new store in town
>it has no shopping carts
>they tell me i have to buy 1 thing at a time and bring it to my car
>leave and say the store is dumb, i will just go to walmart
>W-WALMART FAGS ARE DESTROYING THE INDUSTRY YOU SHILL

Don't forget when they killed the software that would have made it super easy to port games to linux.

Attached: 2130737900_TimSweeney2.PNG.b2bed2974180eb6c8da843aba5fef4d0.png (639x440, 71K)

yeah by buying the exclusivity rights to new games so Steam can't sell them, GOG actively seek out old games and repackage them for modern systems when the licenses are all split up or they've become abandonware, and after all that they don't put DRM on any of their stuff either and also offer forums and extended support on them too. plus GOG offers forums and extended support on the products you buy from there.

"A-americans at least get an extra 12%"

Attached: 8dbad1549b6f41ab26b8359bc5d1dd4422fce82e.jpg (768x512, 101K)

The problem with discussing more stores in terms of competition is that every single other store is worse than Steam's store in features. There is not a single store that competes without exclusives (or by offering a DRM-free solution in GOG's case).

>>creates console war backend because Tim hates Steam
This is false on all fronts. Tim wants a monopoly on all game sales. If gog or origin was bigger than steam he would go after them as well

who gives a shit about the opinion of jason "press sneak fuck" schreier
you know his last name is german, it means "screamer", really fits his personality

Epic games store
>China Tencent commie propaganda
>Chinese spyware
>Buys exclusives with the taxes of the chinese government
>Better dead than red
Smh Tencentdrones

Attached: 20190802_110639.jpg (500x500, 124K)

Attached: 1544544156069.png (803x343, 555K)

He sure did, but there are people who unironically can't connect that going Epic exclusive means being paid multiple fat wads of cash, and honestly think it's other factors like curation, more visiblity and the 12% cut.

>

>go to a new store in town
>it has no shopping carts
>every product is much better however
>they tell me i have to buy 1 thing at a time and bring it to my car
>leave and say the store is dumb, i will just go to walmart
>get home with stuff i bought at walmart
>"dad why does this food suck?"
>"shut up son, HONEY you GOT to know about these new shopping carts Walmart has!"

I actually love this analogy, because nobody who plays vidya on PC would set foot in a fucking mac store either.

>souless VS soul

desu i would go to steam 9/10. especially if they haggle

don't get mad at it, but steam has more features and bigger comunity, like the marketplace and such.

>We've got to fight for the freedoms we have today, where we have them today.
>*abandons PC gaming due to rampant piracy*
>*says anyone who fights for it (Gabe Newell) is a retard*
>*PC gets saved by Gabe*
>*Offers way more money per sale than console*
>*Tim quietly comes crawling back under the radar and acting like a guilty dog"
>*many years later, starts demanding even more money from Gabe*
>*abandons open PC market to make his own, shitty, anti consumer hellhole in an attmept to upset the entire ecosystem*

Attached: 1560604870669.png (630x565, 109K)

The point is that what he paints as a bad thing is, in fact, a good thing™. As someone who plays videogames as opposed to Steam simulator, I care about getting a better product. If going Epic exclusive means more money for the devs, more money into the game, and a better future, then by all means I'm putting on my Epic shirt.

>>every product is much better however
>implying

>all this debate
>all these shitty fucking analogies

I just can't be fucked getting yet another shitty third party launcher for my games. I can't be fucked. Steam is the one I've used the longest and it's simple as shit. I don't give a fuck about any of this, I just can't be bothered.
I don't need to play games right when they come out and there has yet to be an "Epic Exclusive" that has either come to steam already or hasn't been something I want to play.

>China
>communist
China hasn't been communist for a very long time user, if anything they're closer to fascism since companies are privately owned.

imagine comparing yourself to an apple store and thinking it's an actual compliment

And? Steam has to compete with these stores. They have to be better (likely through features as that's their angle in the market) to make sure they don't lose market share, which benefits even the religious steam faggots.

If what you're worried about is the loss of certain resources, like reviews and forums, on a small % of games, those are available online in abundance and of equal or greater value.

I don't know, user. If people didn't care about product quality, all Kickstarters would stop at the funding goal. And yet, people are more than happy to fork extra cash over to the devs, because they know it will be put to use into the game.

Of course this strategy won't work if instead of
>$10,000,000 Epic money (projected sales)
>$10,000,000 customers money (actual sales)
we get
>$10,000,000 Epic money (projected sales)
>$2,000,000 customers money (actual sales)

That just makes it worse. I still hope Hong Kong goes into revolution. Think of the pork buns

Umm actually sweatie it's more of a Oligarchic Democracy with strong Communist values.

>since companies are privately owned.

Attached: 1557251009795.jpg (184x176, 8K)

>Encourage a company that has come out and said “customers don’t matter to us”, and has zero regard for what they want
>throw money at them every time they spit in your face
>”I’m looking forward to a brighter future!”

You are the problem. You are the reason lootboxes run rampant. You are promoting a videogame landscape where satisfying your customers with your product doesn’t matter because Fuck Those Chimps, They’ll Buy It Regardless.

Why is epic being shilled so hard.

I support Hong Kong but they really shouldn't. Mainland would rather glass them all than to actually respect its claims to independence.

there is no competition until these hacks learn to make a nice UI

Hong Kong should up and move the entire island to be closer to Taiwan and join up with them.

>You are the problem. You are the reason lootboxes run rampant. You are promoting a videogame landscape where satisfying your customers with your product doesn’t matter because Fuck Those Chimps, They’ll Buy It Regardless.
I'm sorry user, but I don't play videogames because Steam lets me take screenshots or has cloud saves. I play videogames for the games. And Epic gives devs the better deal, therefore funding the game and the future of the company, and therefore benefitting me in the long run.

Your example of lootboxes doesn't make any sense. A game that has lootboxes is not enjoyable, why would I fund the game if it means more lootboxes in the next installment, and so on?

Attached: qsi1by1xnb121.jpg (682x548, 37K)

This.

People fork over money for starcitizen. Doesn't mean it's a quality product. People are suckers and will throw money at anything if you market it correctly regardless of the quality of the final product.

>strong Communist values
>strong family unit
>strong immigration control
>ethnocentric (98% Han Chinese)
Yeah, no.

Why does Yea Forums suddenly care about this "tumblr art game that looks like shit and I wouldn't buy it" anyway? Lashing out like this is usually driven by... fear. A fear of what? That Steam won't be the premier place for PC games?

Or, is it more likely that you won't be able to "punish" the game by not buying it or leaving negative reviews until you get your way?

If you've ever read I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Yea Forums reminds me of the AI who loves to torture and abuse the ones he thinks he has control over, but is instantly worried that he'll lose his play things forever.

Attached: steam cuck.jpg (978x972, 182K)

>game exists
>*laughs in pirate*
ALL YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

>he thinks the money from Tencent and co. is going towards game development

Attached: 3523532.gif (146x148, 9K)

More money for devs means more game variety in the market, which is better for the consumer. If they're only funding shit games nobody wants, they'll go out of business.

Also you're twisting the truth for the sake of your argument. Sweeney said they are competing through devs, not consumers. They are a distribution platform. I'm not sure what you know about distribution platforms but this is the rule, not an exception.

>shill shill shill
I know right! Reminds me of all these Barcelona shills. Wonder how much they get paid because there's no way they will support something for free!

Attached: 1562795638163.jpg (960x639, 135K)

More like "Han" Chinese am I right?

Not an argument.

There's no incentive to make anything good if you're gonna get paid either way. That's why none of the indie shit on epic is any good.

Not an argument.

Still counts as shilling even if it's free.
Ever heard of paid shilling? Why do you think that distinction is made

Probably same reason why people say shit like "electrocuted to death". They are retards and so are you. Shills are paid or they aren't shills.

>comparing sports to console wars

youtu.be/RvKmQs6m_iY

>Steamcels say your game can only sell if it's on Steam
>Game isn't on Steam
>Sells 500,000 anyway

OH NO NO NO NO NO - THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN STEAMBROS

Add the Epic exclusive payment and the game is a HUGE success

>trolled steam drones with tweet about selling only 8 copies on EGS
>steam drones actually thought what they sold that much and started to celebrate, posting on news sites and reddit about games failure to sell
>steam drones brain was too small to realize that was a joke and they got dabbed on

Absolutely based Coffee Stain blowing the fuck out of Yea Forums

Attached: factorio guy.jpg (754x699, 106K)

Unless you have genunie proof that Epic's money doesn't go straight to the developers, and the developers do not get a cut of every sale, you have no argument.

If that is the case then people won't buy the games, Epic will take on a massive deficit and the games store will fail, so you're wasting your breath.

>nerds mad over nothing: News at 11!

>Epic will take on a massive deficit and the games store will fail, so you're wasting your breath

won't happen with the funding from China, fortnite, and the unreal engine money

>it's nothing stop caring!!
Buddy, I need you to quit trivialising gamer issues right about now.

/thread

Attached: 1564174264709.png (1304x899, 432K)

Well Taiwan said it would aid Hong Kong if they did. But the main thing to me is it would weaken/have the world be mad at China. Now the big threat is it might cause WWIII, with china blaming USA and UK for causing it. Making the lines be drawn as Russia/China, against USA/UK/HK & TW. Japan/south korea/north korea/iran somewhere mixed into all of it. Now WWIII could go good, bad, or worse. but at least it is something going on.

Attached: 1472101089921.gif (659x609, 2.49M)

those 500,000 sold was the payment from epic

X models come with a cooler now?

No, surely it goes to the developers. I just don't believe for a second that that money goes towards improving the game.

You’re missing the point.

Developers should be scared shitless of doing ANYTHING that generates backlash on the level of EGS exclusivity. They should develop digestive problems and lie awake at night sweating in fear of that outcome whenever considering ANY decision.

Promoting a landscape where a developer feels comfortable saying “we’re doing this because it’s profitable and fuck every single one of you niggers” is the worst thing you can possibly do. I don’t care whether it means more money in their pocket, you have to be some sort of turbocuck to be excited about a future where the people making the games you buy think of you as a worthless insect whose opinion doesn’t matter at all.

Fanboyism in a nutshell
>I know it so it's better! I'm loyal!
You let your boomer parents trick you and warp your brain. You're a capitalist. Do what is right for your wallet, gamer simpleton!

>ey m8 should we buy 10 million copies of this shovelware game for no reason?
>yeh fuck it we made so much off fortnite xD sign us up

Almost all ryzen cpus come with cooler and are still cheaper than intel without one :3

Why do you think most of the epic exclusive bullshit is indie shit? It's just people looking for an easy paycheck with no risk.

You’re assuming too much importance in your Youtube comments crusade. The vast majority of the market is unaware of these issues.

1600X didn't

The “vast majority of the market” is buying AAA shit on Steam, or more likely console, and hasn’t even heard of your sad little indie project.

You have a core fanbase who supports you and will buy your game; you should be bending over backwards for them so hard you can give yourself a rim job. That’s how good games get made, with pro-consumer business models and excellent support; by trying to make the fanbase happy.

Not by telling them “we don’t need you, fag” when they complain en masse.

Imagine genuinely believing not being able to access Steam's shitty features constitutes a "fuck every single one of you niggers".

steam doesn't pay for exclusivity
this post has meant nothing

Attached: nothing.jpg (780x439, 28K)

Considering how bare bones EGS is, they can pull numbers out of their ass about sale numbers.

>ITS A CONSPIRACY
Steamlets...

It's not piracy if the game is already paid for.

Attached: 1559527729365.jpg (512x512, 18K)

How is that a conspiracy when it's well known that epic pays devs and publishers for exclusivity?

Most conspiracy theories are true, which is why the FBI wants to designate conspiracy theorists as terrorists.

"Conspiracy theory" is a bullshit term made up by the CIA to discredit people looking into their operations, there's a reason a lot of conspiracy theories are true.

It doesn’t matter why the fanbase is upset, they’re upset. If they fly into a frothing, all-encompassing rage over the MC having red hair, you better change it. If they lose their collective shit and grab their torches over menus using B to advance and A to back out on controller, then you better swap them buttons. If they go thermonuclear because the game doesn’t support 800x600 monitor resolutions, then you better hop back into that code and add some resolution support.

In this case, and in many cases, they’re fucking livid about having to use the EGS launcher instead of Steam. It doesn’t matter whether you think that is reasonable or not, they are your fucking customers and they have spoken. Give them their way.

If you take issue with this state of affairs, if you want devs to laugh and turn a blind eye to extremely common customer complaints because they got paid Sweeneybux, you are a cuck and you have only yourself to blame when games stop wasting their time on things like “good performance” or “fun gameplay” or “not selling you the entire game for $399 worth of microtransactions” because your complaints about those things will be ignored, and it will be your own fault for encouraging devs not to listen to angry players.

Why threads like this always get 200+ replies, are you all fucking retarded?

welcome new friend to the internet and human interaction.

You must like thing.
I hate thing.
I hate you.

Attached: 1558109414843.jpg (1018x430, 150K)

gr8 b8 m8

don't be mad because user picks only the sweetest of cherries

gog has been a thing for quite awhile, and i have no problem with it. epic store is just another fucking client i have to install, they didn't have to go the same fucking route but they did. i already have enough cancer on my machine as is

im just fucking sick of having 80 launchers to play my games steam, epic games launcher, u play, bethesda launcher. all of those fucking launchers im sick of it

>Conspiracy
Yeah, sure.

Attached: SNK doesn't give a fuck.png (588x469, 44K)

>Make an Epic account
>Don't interact with anything
>Take the free shit and leave
Idiots supporting EGS gives me free games so I can't say I dislike it

Attached: 1564562132473.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

This. The only times I've ever seen steam mentioned on Yea Forums are when either there's a sale or an epic shill trying to shit on it.

The Steam platform has just had over a decade of refinement so it's somewhat usable and doesn't eat sytem resources. Every other platform is a massive advertising client that plays videos non-stop.

that and the occasional look at this retarded furry porn game i found

Enjoy yourself spyware, hope it as worth it for the coupled decade old games.

This, dont even have the fucking launcher installed. Just waiting till I feel like playing subnautica

>epic's client is shit
>steam's is less shit and has basic store functionality
>this is somehow a point of debate and not an automatic settling of the issue

Attached: 1557578472186.jpg (657x657, 104K)

I don't want broken chopsticks and a social credit score to come with my game purchases,

nah, you're just wrong

who

Because it's not natural competition, shill, and you knew that before you made this thread with your baity shitposting image.

But I don't care or want games exclusive to Steam. Im fine with it being on other digital platforms. I just want the choice and feel Steam is the most developed choice.

>Enjoy yourself spyware, hope it as worth it for the coupled decade old games.
Not that user but can just shove it into its own VM and it can't spy on anything. I'm not at a level where I care about a 2-4% performance hit, I'd rather have the isolation.

Will Steam let me play Ooblets? No? End of debate.

'ATE CHINESES, SIMPLE AS

>>epic's client is shit
>>steam's is less shit and has basic store functionality
>>this is somehow a point of debate and not an automatic settling of the issue
On top of this, there is the fact that Bad Things can sometimes get grandfathered but that doesn't mean you want it on anything new. Ideally there'd be no Steam Exclusives either, I want to be able to get things on GOG. But Steam was the pioneer there and got a lot of publishers on board back when it was all a total clusterfuck of nothing and Valve wasn't very powerful, and they made compromises. I don't LIKE a lot of Steam's compromises but I recognize they are a product of its time and it can be hard to change something established.

But that's not fucking excuse for something NEW to repeat the same fucking mistakes with a decade+ more history to look at. Stuff advances and what was once cutting edge becomes table stakes, that's how the tech industry works.

Also it's more galling when it's forced & paid. A lot of "Steam Exclusives" aren't because Valve offered a single fucking nickel, but just because Steam was it or had major advantages (I love Gog overall but it had massive issues with new stuff for a long time and was very dev unfriendly, another product of history). Epic is just moneybagging it.

Attached: 1314555.png (500x538, 9K)

I got my Intel for like 300EUR? Ryzen is for brainlets that don't know the concept of futureproofing.

all* CPU's come with a cooler you massive brainlet, Ryzen is just a children's toy that become obsolete faster as it can't futureproof.

funny enough its all those steam trannies that seethe for that gaben ass

>No competition
>ONE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE TO SELL TO
>CANNOT EVEN SELL 1%
>Ideally there'd be no Steam exclusives either
It really boils down to telling those developers that you want to buy their games on GOG.

Attached: laughing satania.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

You faggot manchildren need to stop bickering and enjoy games for once in your lives

The funniest thing about Epic is that throwing Chinese money isn't working 100% of the time now, they're largely buying up garbage that wouldn't go past the sales-estimates Tim's paying for ahead of time. I remember they tried buying exclusivity for Samurai Shodown and SNK told them to fuck off because they thought it'd sell much higher than their pre-bought copies just by being available on other platforms from the jump.

intel K cpus dont in general

How can I enjoy them when Epic takes them away from me?

EPILEL

>providing early funding to developers.
Okay, now this is epic

Pirate them like a reasonable person. Epic already paid for your copy so no harm done to devs.

thanks. i preordered a game yesterday, glad that makes me epic

Ryzen isn't BAD, it's just like, you know, buying throwaway slippers. they'll do the job maybe a bit better or worse than the more costlier (or in my case, cheaper, yay for psonsors) futureproofed ones, but the futureproofed ones will last you longer. This is very minor though, you're a brainlet-king if you use watercooling. costs more and offers nothing. ''OOOOOH LIGHTS HURRDURR IT SILUNT!11!! YES I WEAR HEADPHONES! WHAT ABOUT IT?!''

Attached: brainletwindmill.jpg (682x900, 115K)

>It really boils down to telling those developers that you want to buy their games on GOG.
Like I said, it's also that GOG had to evolve and become less crappy. Their origin in packaging and testing and supporting old games on modern systems got them going but it gave them some bad habits when it came to morphing into a store for new stuff. It was legit a worse experience for a while.

Yeah true there is a natural limit to moneybag unless it's true 1st Party, because at the end of the day even all the chingchong xi-money can't match expected full price sales of tens/hundreds of millions. There are the network effects too, for some games the bigger the installed base the healthier the community and the more people who are likely to buy it. Anything MP is less fun if you can't find other people to play with, quality and effort in mods is somewhat a function of community health, etc.

I am pirating them, but goddammit sometimes I want to buy a fucking game and have the convenience that comes with that and support the developer.

Zen 2 (Ryzen 3k, EPYC Rome) flat out beats Intel in most scenarios user, with the exception of if you've got some math heavy sim thing that has been rewritten to heavily use AVX-512. The extra saved money can go right into a GPU upgrade and if you want to talk "future proofing" then more bandwidth via PCIe 4 is a lot more valuable.

what was it? 2-3 FPS? If a store sponsors you can get the intel 8700 on tyhe list for 250 euro. I checked for us.

>uplay
>Competition
You know their servers once managed to erase my account?
Brand new, only bought far cry 3 and one day it just went nah, these details you memorised because you don't autofill are no longer right and neither are the details you jotted down and used for a week.

I don't hate that Steam has competition, I hate that the competition is inferior to Steam, which was and is an excellent platform that offers features and games I actually want at low prices.
GoG is the only other really good one and they prosper by offering a different model.

Attached: 1563178123645.png (460x473, 502K)

Another reason why a lot of publishers choose to put games on Steam only is because Steam, in itself is DRM, on top of being the biggest and most popular storefront. They think Steam has the best chances of the game not being pirated and selling well at the same time. That's why they don't even come close to stores like GOG when they hav such massive positive rep for being DRM free, becacuse they are DRM free, that means it's easier to pirate, on top of not being as big/popular.

At least that's how I view Japanese game developers/publishers putting their games on Steam only, despite having no one forcing their hand.

You really think you are going to be able to compete with a company that owns a monopoly without 'strongarm' tactics?
Also, you realize they are using the exact same tactic that Valve created? Maybe you werent around when Half Life came out but let me remind you that you literally could not play that game without installing Steam, and people didn't even blink. Now its 2019 and companies are following suit but no one seems to remember that Valve was the one who put us on this road.
Keep drinking that kool-aid valve fanboys.

Attached: 1559065716610.jpg (953x960, 87K)

Who gives a shit about his personal opinions? He's only good for leaks/insider talk.

There's also the fact that Valve offers servers for games with multiplayer, don't rememer if for free of for a fee, probably a fee, and that's probably seen as a major advantage for devs who can't or don't have the experience, to set up their own servers, netcodes and shit.

Steam didnt sale blocked GOG, Origin, Uplay or the paradox and windows stores

Nigga Valve MADE Half-Life, that's why. Why the fuck would should I be forced to use Epic, or even Steam, for that matter, to play a game that they did not develop, therefore have no right to only have it only available on their fucking store?

Valve servers for your MP for your game are totally free.

Based and multipilled, 3rd party titles should never be exclusive, 2nd party is fine if the announcement of the game mentions platform exclusivity in it.

Do you really want me to pull up the list of steam exclusives that weren't made by steam? My argument remains. There is nothing that Epic is doing that Valve didn't do first. If you complain about Epic but have Steam installed you are a hypocrite.

can you buy keys on other sites that redeem on EGS?

That would be very easy because steam is a store, it comes from a valve.

Valve doesn't pay devs and publishers for the exclusivity. Epic does.

If you're using it then it's not inferior, that's how it works moron.

Valve never paid other devs to put their games exclusively on their store you absolute fucking moron, the only games that are only sold on their store that Vavel made sure to ONLY be sold on their store are games that they fucking made, which still sucks by the way, because now we can't even have games on phsycal media on PC anymore.

But if you wanna complain as to why the likes of REmake2 or Sekiro are only available on Steam, take your complaint to Capcom and Activision, because they were the ones who made that choice.

>valve expects exclusivity with no compensation to developers, while taking a higher cut for having the game on their platform
>epic offers compensation for exclusivity to developers, while taking a smaller cut of profits

I wonder which of these companies is more 'evil'......

Attached: pika.png (328x149, 110K)

Attached: 1548873739142.png (1268x1257, 268K)

yeah it's been really interesting seeing pokemon game fans vs. pokemon brand slaves over the past few months too

Steam doesnt fuck its users and generally hasnt for the last two decades. Epic comes out the gate asking us to slob on their dicks. Only zooms will fall for Epic and most of them will be homeless by 18.

Attached: 1556867817224.png (1200x1332, 199K)

>"""ironically""" suck wannabe-monopoly chinks off for (You)s on the internet
user...

except valve does not expect exclusivity, they don't force anyone to sell ONLY on steam.

Epic on the other hand does
>epic offers compensation for exclusivity to developers, while taking a smaller cut of profits.

88% of 0 is still zero you absolute retard, that's why indie hipstar would rather take the upfront payment from epic's because they KNOW the game won't sell.

Attached: 1551076316320.png (400x378, 79K)

>I wonder which of these companies is more 'evil'......

It definitely isn't the one that has no qualms in letting games to be sold on multiple storefronts and launchers, as well as let other third party digital storefronts like GMG to sell their keys without the launcher ever seeing a cent from these keys and keeping all the profit to themselves and the developers.

they dont expect it, the devs just dont bother with other stores because steam is too huge, thus earning their 30% cut
- free dedicated servers/controller api/VR api (apparently for even for non-steam games "Thanks Gabe" - Tim Sweeny)
-easy gifting - more sales
-review system - if your game is good - more sales
-not to mention way more features in the launcher
-free keys to sell on other sites (they redeem on steam yes, but no 30% cut)

valve:
non-proprietary VR
heavy on linux dev
non-sjw pandering as a major player can be
epic:
made fortnite

if you want retarded zoomer zombies to enable a publisher to push any retarded policy go ahead

valve dick suckers are actually defending this....

FpBp

Attached: 1564770250864.png (1322x1096, 1.07M)

>every product is much better
the vast majority of shit on the epic store is shit at best, not only does epic have less games but said games are usually garbage despite what the shills will say about muh quality control

actually Russia might not even join due to the fact it would be a good chance for them to become more powerful since its rivals will be bludgeoning each other

Do you want to give mor of your country's money to China?

Because Swiney did nothing to earn anyone's trust or claw his way to the top, it's like some kid buying his way into the big leagues then whining when he's not taken seriously. Nobody respects that.

Monster Hunter's been around a year longer, Ashen's been around for 8 months so it's still shit but it isn't a very good comparison.

epic is giving away free games every month

>every product is much better however
They literally have the same products user

just give me every game on every platform

How exactly does that benefit me?

Since we're talking Epic here, I need to ask. Can you pre-load games on Epic?

by getting free games?

So what if I already have the game? How exactly do I benefit?

bribery and communism is not competition, chink

Because they are not competing for me. They are forcing me to use their shit. If they were competing they'd actually do so by incentivizing me to use either platform, but all they are doing is inconvenience me. I don't want to have my games split on 2 different platforms, I don't want to have my preorders canceled, I don't want games that were promised to me on one platform to suddenly no longer be available for me. I don't get any fucking money, the devs do.

How the fuck is it competition if I have to use both of them to play everything I want?

Epic is not a competitor for steam. Steam always had only one competitior - piracy. Everyone else is irrelevant.

>thinks it's important to pay devs fairly
>doesn't create a storefront that actually allows them to make sales
>doesn't bother maintaining a positive relationship with their customers
>unironically thinks that they will survive without customer support.
Yeah, they really care about the devs.

>the literal most cancerous jew of the already cancerous games journalism
>siding with epic
>literally admitting that Epic actually buys copies
lmao @ your life

Epic only cares about Steam. Epic doesn't care about customers, developers, or their own goddamn employees.

Because EPIC is competing by bringing another bad thing that was previously a console only shit.
This and selling data to the chinks.

Everything on Epic is either already available on Steam, not out yet, or some dumb shit that sucks so hard that it can only thrive on a storefront where you can't even review the game, let alone know how good the actual product is.

are you arguing that getting free games isnt a benefit? are you actually autistic?

based trannies

But he's getting what he already owns.

it is literally the other way around.

Drones realized they don't own shit on Steam so they don't want to give money to another platform where you don't own shit.

This shill stuff is so embarassing. Who is it meant to convince exactly? When journos run around screaming about entitled gamers, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still not going to buy your game if you're exclusive on EGS. That's just the end of the conversation. You can't bully people into using a platform

It really isn't a benefit when piracy exists and is somehow less hazardous to your system than EGS is.

stop posting this over and over again you dumb chink

Attached: anti_chink_poster.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

How do I benefit by getting what I already have?

why not pirate the games instead you dumb retard

>left PC market because of piracy
>saw that people buy stuff on PC now
>tries to muscle his way into the market
It would seem to me Sweeney sees piracy as some kind of mythological creature that must've died of old age or something and that entirety of PC userbase now only buys games like good little boys and girls, so just by making a game exclusive to his store he ensures that everyone will be buying it from him. I wonder just how long it's going to be till his rude awakening, and what exactly is going to happen to all those games people "own" once EGS is abandoned.

Every time someone praises that massive cuckface you know they out themselves as either the worst kind of plebbitor or a paid shill.
Seriously, go on any given reddit-laden hellhole and they'll all use the same kind of terms about him being a "good journalist" or "the only good journalist" with literally nothing to back it up. It's almost always the same lines they use too.
The same fucking retard who picks fights with actual devs calling them pedophiles for giving women big breasts and fighting against consumers is "a good journalist" in their eyes, that's how low those scumsuckers are.

Attached: mad.jpg (540x394, 63K)

>You can't bully people into using a platform
Gamers are a bunch of whiny beta faggots, not alpha chads. Gamers cave. Gamers always fucking cave. The market knows you do.

Attached: wwx5exndw6b11.png (1572x1316, 1.73M)

dilate

>shill
>journos
>entitled gamers
>exclusive
>bully

Go back to your subreddit

Have you tried making an argument without posting soijaks

i'm not downloading your client Tim

trying too hard

soon the english language will be reddit

But trannies are the ones that want Steam to die and Epic to win.

Dear Gabe, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you're changin' gears
I ain't mad, I just think it's fucked up you don't answer peers
If you didn't wanna talk to me about the 70/30 split
You didn't have to, but you coulda at least Tweeted about it
That's my little Store Front man, he's only six months old
We waited at the E3 conference for you
For four hours and you just said, "No."
That's pretty shitty man, you're like my fuckin' idol
I want to be just like you man, I like creators more than you do
I ain't that mad though, I just don't like bein' lied to
Remember when you hired the guys who made those mods?
See I'm just like you 'cause
I never made my money bein original
I just didn't hire the people who did it all
I can relate to what you're doin' with your store
So when I have a shitty day, I buy a timed exclusive and tweet some more
'Cause my store aint got shit so that shit helps when I'm depressed
My biggest game was when I copied PlayerUnknown
Sometimes I try to see if I can make my own
It's like adrenaline, the pain is such a sudden rush for me
See every dollar you make is real, and I respect you 'cause you own every cent
My wife's jealous 'cause I only own 51 per cent
But she don't know you like I know you Gabe, no one does
She don't know what it was like for people like us comin' up, you gotta call me man
I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose.

thats what trannies like you want people to think, have sex

absolute cringe

Attached: epic_revives_piracy.jpg (640x640, 41K)

But why buy on EGS when you can just pirate a game? It's no bigger hassle and it's free.

>we'll never stand for online DRM!
>we'll never stand for DLC!
>we'll never stand for microtransactions!
>we'll never stand for paid online!
>we'll never stand for loot crates!
>we'll never stand for denuvo!
It's just goes on and on and on. "No steam, no buy!" is no different. EA discovered that with Origin. Gamers have no backbone.

Because everyone knows Origin is a complete powerhouse of a competitor to Steam. Still not downloading your client Tim

How is it underhanded?

GOG also rejects like 90% of games that get sent to them, even the quality stuff because of inane bs but lets absolute trash indie stuff on there.
They curate yet let the garbage through.

You probably thought this comment was smart, but in fact it's the opposite of what's happening. Even through there's more money on the market games aren't getting better. Consumers aren't getting anything because it's a competition to see who can appeal most to developers without regard for consumers. It's the reason why Epic will never add forums or ratings and it risks making Valve and other stores also add more anti-consumer practices as well, like extra-charges to ensure higher profits to developers.

It's underhanded when they already have pre-orders for games being sold on platforms like Steam and then all of a sudden those people can't play the game they paid for and have to get a refund. This just happened with Mech Warrior 5 and now everyone is just gonna pirate it, including me.

Fact is EA games not being available on Steam doesn't seem to have hurt their sales much. High profile EA releases are still some of the top selling games of the year despite being Origin exclusive. If you've got a desirable enough game people will buy it no matter what platform it is on.

what's hilarious is that epic hired the steamspy bloke precisely so they could see what was garnering the most interest on the steam platform, then they send the moneyhat.

i'm sure there's a lawsuit there somewhere if valve could ever prove it.

Dear Mister "I'm Too Good To Call Or Write My Industry Rivals"
This will be the last year of Steam's market survival
It's been six months and still no word, I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two emails, I typed the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my Yea Forums post I'm sending you, I hope you see it
Logged into my Steam just there, what a joke, your store's been wrecked
Hey Gabe, I drank a fifth of Scotch
You dare me to be like you?
You know the Fallout guy, Chris Jones and "The Outer Worlds"? his new game
I didn't see that on Steam, but it's on my Store, aint that a shame?
Just a cool million it cost, and Chris saw it all, more money for him, who's to blame?
That's kinda how this is, you could a rescued him from bankruptin'
Now it's too late, he's mine now, now I'm disruptin'
And all I wanted was a lousy email or Tweet
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I love you Gabe, we coulda worked together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sell and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your operating cost eats at you and you can't profit without me
See Gabe, shut up bitch! I'm tryin' to talk!
Hey Gabe, that's another developer in the bag
But I didn't hire him to Epic, I just licensed him out, see I ain't like you
'Cause if he gives 30% to you he'll suffer more, and then his studio'll die too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at Tiananmen Square now (六四天安門事件)
Oh shit, I forgot, how am I supposed to send this shit out?

Whoever made this image is a moron, sóyboys love Epic game store and hate steam because valve platform is litterally Yea Forums outside Yea Forums.

Attached: sometimes.jpg (125x103, 3K)

I have to start using the first sentence of this, my sides

Attached: yIYPTx0.gif (370x288, 1.5M)

>i'm sure there's a lawsuit there somewhere if valve could ever prove it.
What on earth makes you think anything about what you claimed is illegal? That is assuming it's true. If Epic were a monopoly you could maybe argue it violates anti-trust laws, though that probably wouldn't pan out and they aren't a monopoly so it's moot anyway.

I don't hate GoG. It's pretty great.

A combination of Stockholm Syndrome and Sunk Cost and likely a little buyer's remorse.. Imagine paying well over $10,000 into a service. And then suddenly the providers start providing their product to a different service. There is no way you wouldn't lash out at any competition.

The reason why no one cared about EA's origin, was well, because it was EA. Ubisoft and Bethesda never truly committed to it, instead opting to use launchers within launchers.

>"Competition" these days just means a company has enough capital to strongarm consumers into using their inferior product through underhanded strategies.
Which Steam is also guilty.

>Epic owns the most popular game Fortnite
>Epic owns the most popular game engine Unreal Engine
>Epic wants to own the most popular game store though the Epic Games Store

Yeah Epic totally isn't gonna be a vidya monopoly

>unironically believing this
Good lord OP

Attached: funny_me_me.png (500x553, 235K)

>Which Steam is also guilty.
When did steam bribed for exclusivity?

Imagine being a cuck with Origin account lmao.

Attached: 1540797308956.jpg (586x580, 127K)

Paid mods are a good thing, brah. Microtransactions are normal, brah. Never question anything, brah.

It's almost as if the original post in this thread was about Steam

You are delusional. Just type "steam" or "valve" in any catalog for Yea Forums.

Yet time and time again, companies nowadays are the ones doing the caving nowadays because, surprise, when you treat customers like shit, they tend not to buy from you, especially when piracy is an option.

You don't even need to read the article, it's written in the fucking link
>but-you-dont-need-steam-to-play-it/

Can we just turn these threads into anti China discussion

SteamVR is not Steam, the launcher.
It's the Valve-developed VR API.

>implying forcing consumers to use an objectively inferior platform is somehow good
>implying if it's good for the company it must be good for the consumers
Acting like a pseudointellectual, not even once.

Why? Nobody is pro China.

>Reddit spacing
>Anime avatar
Fuck you, not even worth the (You)

no other way to play titanfall 2 on pc :(

For example, pic related

Attached: 1564683373000.png (1697x925, 76K)

Because then everyone can shut up about epic

This. Epic has no interest in improving their store and is just throwing money around in the most hostile ways possible to see if they can twist people's arms into using it anyway. Nothing good will come from that.

>still possible to buy retail copies
Nice.

>Epicfags when you tell them steam has a feature that EGS doesn't

Attached: meto.jpg (480x360, 63K)

it's not gonna happen too many (you)s at stake

It was released on the MSN games store and on Xbox 360 though.

Attached: MW5 EGS AMA screencap.jpg (2466x2340, 794K)

where in there does it say valve paid them to do this?

not that guy but you can still buy SHIPPED retail copies, implying that they won't be shipping standalone copies of it.
Regardless, ONE indieshit TIMED EXCLUSIVE from literally 14 years ago

vs

EGS with literal dozens of bought exclusives within 6 months.

How is multiplatform support going on steam? It's 2019, you have multiplatform support or you don't exsist for me. No excuses

omg le epic anime profile with le cards!
That new anime succubus background is going to make me erp so hard tonight

Except games aren't exclusive to the Steam store on Steam, I can buy them on hundreds of different storefronts.
You DO know that Steam lets other store fronts use Steam as a platform for the games they sell for free, right? If I buy a game on Humble or Green Man Gaming EVEN THOUGH my game is put into my Steam Library, Valve doesn't get a single cent.

Still has more features than your shitty dog eater launcher

Not him, but:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introversion_Software#Financial_history_and_independence
Besides nowhere in the statement showing they were forced to remove from their store.

Also see pic related.

Attached: valve no strings.jpg (730x936, 123K)

I know this is cherrypicking but
Steam
>Feature is there if you want it
>EGS
>.......

>Yeah guys, how dare you shit on Fallout 76, it hits the fallout standard, so it's good enough for me :^)
This is how stupid you sound.

>TIMED EXCLUSIVE
So are Epic's, all of them.

Monster Hunter was available on basically all those platforms when it released on PC a year ago.
Valve only gets money for the purchase of Steam Keys if you buy them from the Steam Store.

>How is multiplatform support going on steam?
Sure as shit isnt on EGS either

>one
Not really, they paid for pretty much every game released on steam in 2005. You know, that's what you are doing when you try to make people hop into your platform.

another pic related

I've been on Yea Forums for like 15 years now, and I know a forced meme when I see one

EGS is a forced meme

Wasn't Steam the only store at that time though? I think there was another, GameSpy or some shit, I do remember some games having advertising for that shit whenever I installed them back in the early/mid 2000s.

chinese government spyware, I thought everyone knew that. havent willing used google anything since 2009 and their botnet started building up. I don't need backdoors into my pc to anyone. plus, you know, the service is shit and there isn't a single game I'd want on epic

Cool, but not a single steam feautre is as important as multiplatform support. Gabe had 14 years to archive that, no excuse as i said before.
This isn't some inside knowledge you faggot. Everyone knows that

Now thats a good joke, did you know the goverment literally almost owns the means of production.

The point is that the "monopoly" lets you buy from different resellers, official or not, while the "competion" doesn't, and the only option to purchase is on the store itself.

Several PC games that are "exclusive" to Steam store also let you buy keys from Amazon, Humble Bundle and whatever other website that devs care to put it on. Even their own stores. If game seriously can not be bought from anywhere else, it's because Steam is an open market and publisher couldn't be bothered to put it anywhere else.

>Buy games whereever they are cheapest
>All in a nice single collection with gog galaxy 2.0
>In a future update it'll close launchers as well
>mfw
I like the free games and if there is a deep sale I'll get something on epic. Its all the same shit, and some soulless gooks running the store vs some soulless westerns don't matter outside the slant of their eyes.

Attached: 3473578.gif (528x555, 816K)

Doesn't matter how good Titanfall 2 is, it's still not worth it. If it flopped harder maybe Respawn would've been disbanded already all the worthy devs would've been working on a proper spiritual successor to Titanfall. But spineless cucks are just funding Respawn's imprisonment in EA's rape dungeon. Pic related is the result of it.

Attached: 1549441032255.jpg (1058x720, 113K)

Stardock was there before steam for sure

perhaps because the majority of their sales is on console.
Also i'm sure a lot of people bought rise of Tomb Raider and Asscreed 5 on origin rather than steam

>Buy games whereever they are cheapest
Why not just pirate?

bazaar>cathedral

They've had competition for years. EGS is the first platform that isn't actually competing.

Yes Apex is trash. But I'm not gonna stop playing a game I enjoy just because origin is trash.

It's not actual competition though, its just has exclusives. Actual competition would be GOG, where they have different policies of ownership and have different prices and sales

Why would I do that? No auto updates, would have to manually add them to my collection, no workshop support for some games, wouldn't have the download handy at all times, don't want to store a ton of isos on my computer using up space. I'm also not dirt poor.

Attached: 1549420832084.jpg (736x815, 38K)

>Epic shills are unironic socialists, just like a certain country with a major stake in Epic

Really jogs the noggin

Attached: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png (460x480, 191K)

There is no fucking point. It's just choosing examples that fits your argument.

And that website does not even account for the fact that borderlands 3 is also available on epic(obviously)/green man gaming and humble.

Attached: mordhau.png (1879x614, 278K)

>Implying some fucking noodles can hurt anyone

Now, where is the fucking crossplay faggot? It's 2019 already

Looks like the chinks are getting uppity again, sorry but I'm not installing your shitty ass launcher. I will take those "exclusives" though.

Attached: 1553770665138.png (976x658, 272K)

Probably in your shopping cart

As someone who only really plays retro games...
Why the fuck wouldn't you just pick the better, more affordable platform? DRM is a fucking retard-tier investment regardless, but why is there so much favoritism about steam and epicgames? Seems so childish, you realize that they are both companies, right? They are selling you a product, don't get tricked by "family" tier bullshit.
>inb4 u a scoailistxd
Literally the exact opposite, you smoothbrained faggot. You are singlehandedly killing capitalism by buying with your feels rather than your wallet.

How are you enjoying the new Anno, fellow pirate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play

F P B P

>socialist shill gets called out
>desperately flails about grasping for any sort of point
>finally just settles for "no u"
Shame they can't put some of that Fortnite money towards hiring better shills.

I can fix lack of shopping cart with two additional clicks of my mouse. I can't fix lack of crossplay. I refuse to buy games on steam as long as they don't fix their shit. Pirate life for steam exclusives from me. No epic, no buy

Steam offers shit I want while Epic pisses me off by forcing me to buy on their shitty storefront, which they can't be arsed to make competitive in the first place in comparison to every other launcher on the market.

It also helps that steam DRM has the courtesy of being as unintrusive as possible, while not putting any additional strain on my shitty PC, which is more than I can say about shit like Denuvo atm.

The guy who offers me the better deal for the least amount of hoops to jump through is going to get my money, if neither option is possible, I'll just pirate.

As simple as that.

see

Your point? Steam does not offer crossplay as a part of their platform. Devs are free to do that on their own, however few if any will. Epic is doing it for them making it a better option for any multiplayer game.

They had crossplay platform thought, they ditched it years ago.

>steam doesn't have crossplay
>here's a list of games on steam that do
>steam doesn't have crossplay as part of their platform
Like poetry.

Attached: goalposts.jpg (300x240, 29K)

I thought the whole "haha chinks" thing was just a meme to make epic shills mad but I'm not too sure after all these "FUCKING CAPITARIST AMERICAN PIGGUS" posts

Attached: 1547775385865.jpg (499x500, 62K)

??
Your whole post doesn't even say anything.
>Steam offers shit I want while Epic pisses me off by forcing me to buy on their shitty storefront, which they can't be arsed to make competitive in the first place in comparison to every other launcher on the market.
What the fuck does this even mean? If it's on another platform, it's inherently competitive, as it's competing with... the other platforms? The fuck are you on about
>It also helps that steam DRM has the courtesy of being as unintrusive as possible, while not putting any additional strain on my shitty PC, which is more than I can say about shit like Denuvo atm.
Don't a bunch of steam games have denuvo on them? Correct me if I'm wrong. Genuinely don't know. That's the only real point so far I've heard against epicgamesstore other than NOT being steam.
>The guy who offers me the better deal for the least amount of hoops to jump through is going to get my money, if neither option is possible, I'll just pirate.
Why not just pirate all the time? Never understood that. You're such a steam cuck brah.
I reckon there's better deals on GoG or some shit, but you probably never even use that.

Well yes, steam does not offer crossplay support in any way.

That didn't happen, Steam drone.

>What the fuck does this even mean? If it's on another platform, it's inherently competitive, as it's competing with... the other platforms? The fuck are you on about
If the platform pisses me off and doesn't make me want to try it out, it's by nature not competing with steam. Origin is more competitive against steam, and EA is literally one of the worst video game companies ever, let that sink in.
>Don't a bunch of steam games have denuvo on them? Correct me if I'm wrong. Genuinely don't know. That's the only real point so far I've heard against epicgamesstore other than NOT being steam.
Some games do, but that has less to do with steam and more to do with companies like Square Enix and Sega thinking that they need the added security when a) the game already has DRM on steam that's opt in and b) most cracks for Denuvo appear within months, if not weeks, if not days after release. Chalk it up to game devs being out of touch with their consumers, especially when people made it clear that they'd rather not have DRM on a game that they're paying money for, especially when it causes performance issues.
>Why not just pirate all the time?
Because some devs deserve the money and steam sells make it worth it enough for me to drop some money their way.
>I reckon there's better deals on GoG or some shit, but you probably never even use that.
I recently bought cuphead from GoG a few weeks ago actually, but whatever whatever floats your boat man.

Except for the non-zero games that offer crossplay of course. But let me guess, those don't count because it'd poke a huge hole in your argument.

>unironically thinking China's communist
Either way, Tencent's a shitty company, and China is a shitty government with a long modern history of human rights violations. Supporting them is a shitty thing to do.

Attached: 1479748065473.jpg (599x336, 52K)

just take a look at Hell just look at the first post
>YOU NO WAN USE SHITTY CHINK LAUNCHER? AMERICANS AND CAPITALISM DID THIS!

Attached: 1541314261369.png (469x520, 264K)

>If the platform pisses me off and doesn't make me want to try it out
I want to know what this means. Seems arbitrary.
>whole denuvo thing
---
>Because some devs deserve the money
You mean like indie devs? Or are there triple A devs that deserve your money? You could always donate if you're such a kind of heart. I kid.
>bought cuphead on gog
Why? It was on sale on steam as well for the same price, at the same time. Makes me think you're lying. Not that it matters that much. Just doesn't really line up.

Looks like a falseflag, which is what Yea Forums is notorious for

GoG
Origin
Uplay
Humble Bundle
Itch.io
Piracy
>b-but that doesn't count!!!!!

Just don't use EGS if you don't like their business model. Simple as.

Attached: cheers.png (393x215, 144K)

>steam drone vs epic drones: the thread
oh boi it's gonna be another of those day

Attached: soy!!!.jpg (422x442, 55K)

Okay, give me a link to a steamworks part about supporting crossplay. Since they are doing it by your logic, that shouldn't be a problem.

Here is link proving that epic does offer it as a part of their platform.
dev.epicgames.com/en-US/services

>I want to know what this means.
It means that I don't want to support Epic Exclusivity shit in any capacity and would rather not support any dev who willingly throws their consumers under the bus for the sake of Epic's cash infusion, especially when the game in question was a crowdfunded game that wouldn't even exist without the good will of its consumers in the first place.
>You mean like indie devs?
It is not my prerogative to act as a charity for indie devs as a whole. I'll throw money at the people I like who do business in the way I find acceptable and avoid people who don't. To say that all devs deserve money regardless of their final product is how you end up with Fallout 76, ME: A, and Anthem.
>Why?
Because why not? I could've gone for steam but I decided to use GoG instead because I wanted to give GoG galaxy a shot. I could post screencaps if you're like for me to prove that I'm not lying.

I already provided you with a list of games that already offers crossplay between steam and other platforms. I know the preferred tactic is to double down when you realize you've lost, but that would imply that you even had a point in the first place.

Imagine wasting your time just to get one (1) gotcha moment from steam drones because you literally have nothing else to offer over steam.

Like wow, I'm glad Epic has crossplay for the sub-50 games they have on their platform, it's too bad most people who use EGS are too busy playing Fortnite to give a fuck though but hey IT HAS CROSSPLAY OMG ALDFJALDSFJADLFAJSDF!

And as i explained it before these crossplay games have nothing to do with valve, not counting their own portal 2 game. Which does not offer crossplay support anymore, but is still part of that list.
Hell, there are fucking news saying "they might be working on it" which clearly implies they do not offer that as of right now.
overclock3d.net/news/software/valve_and_microsoft_may_be_working_on_steam_xbox_cross-play/1
Inb4
>B-but the list
Retard

>It means that I don't want to support Epic Exclusivity shit in any capacity and would rather not support any dev who willingly throws their consumers under the bus for the sake of Epic's cash infusion, especially when the game in question was a crowdfunded game that wouldn't even exist without the good will of its consumers in the first place.
>Because some devs deserve the money and steam sells make it worth it enough for me to drop some money their way
Doesn't this sort of not line up? You're saying you want to support some devs, doesn't chinkstore support them more? The second quote is a little harder to exactly discern what you're trying to say though (you're willing to support good devs if it's cheap enough? Or if there are just good devs?) They become bad devs as soon as they sign on to epic games? Again, seems arbitrary. Are the prices really that "horrible"? Any examples? In fact, I want just that. What's one example of a game being RUINED, pricewise or not, because of the changstore.
>GoG screenshot
Yeah, go for it, I'll call the bluff. It's pretty irrelevant, though. There's something we've left completely out of the conversation that's probably important, and that's the social media aspect of steam. As faggoty as it is, it's an important reason as to why people are such steambabes.

> it's too bad most people who use EGS are too busy playing Fortnite

That's like saying people are too busy playing Counter Strike and TF2

I am more concerned with the short memory Steamdrones have. Do people have forgotten already that Valve are scumbags?

NOOOOO VALVE ARE THE GOOD GUYS

>You're saying you want to support some devs, doesn't chinkstore support them more?
Not really. At best, they keep shitty games from completely bombing but they don't actually do anything to improve the game's chances of success, especially when you factor in the active customers that EGS has vs. the active customers that only use EGS for Fortnite vs. the active customers that use steam, GoG, GMG, humble bundle, Origin, etc.
>They become bad devs as soon as they sign on to epic games?
I wouldn't say that they're bad devs, but I also wouldn't say that they deserve my money either. If you say that you're going on steam, but then decide to become Epic Exclusive weeks before you were supposed to be released, and then tell your steam market that they need to wait an extra year to play the game, that's pretty scummy. Even worse when you're a crowd-funded game, who switches platforms and then don't offer a refund to the backers who don't want to have to download EGS just to play your game.
>Yeah, go for it, I'll call the bluff.
Here you go man. On my account and everything.

Attached: GoG screenshot.png (1077x139, 128K)

And how does that change that Epic is worse? Valve tried to push paid mods but backed down after gamer pressure, Epic however festers the 'fuck gamers' mentality.

The problem is, it's not competition.

***TRIGGER WARNING: FOOD ANALOGY***

Competition would be one supermarket selling Bananas at a cheaper price than another Supermarket. Same product, better value proposition.

What Epic is doing, for the most part, is buying the exclusive rights to sell all bananas everywhere. That's a monopoly on bananas.
If no one else is selling the product you are, then there's no competition. That's a monopoly.

>That's like saying people are too busy playing Counter Strike and TF2
Even if that were true, that's still 2 more games than EGS has atm. I mean what, you think that Fortnite kiddies are going to go from a F2P game with kiddie graphics and default dancing to a game like Metro Exodus, a grungy post-apoc setting that costs $30-60 American?

In your dreams maybe.

Steam at least fixes the bulk of their mistakes once enough people raise a stink about it on social media while Epic continues to sign exclusivity deals and generally has an attitude that says "fuck you, you'll buy our games and like it"

>you think that Team Fortress 2 kiddies are going to go from a F2P game with kiddie graphics and default dancing to a game like Metro Exodus, a grungy post-apoc setting that costs $30-60 American?

in b4

>N-n-no it not kiddie because blood!!1

Yeah like that's kept them from M-rated games, especially a free one

man you don't want to hurt the hivemind of the epic drones man!

Attached: 7XBT1ma.jpg (325x325, 8K)

>China
>socialist

It's always worth to waste a few minutes to see a steamdrone going insane

>still shilling for le ebin store
Day of the escalator soon, Chang

>Dev support
The best support is cash, 99% of the time. Chinkstore gives more cash to the devs.
>...Even worse when you're a crowd-funded game, who switches platforms and then don't offer a refund to the backers who don't want to have to download EGS just to play your game.
That's just bad management skills from that Devs manager. Total retard move, I think backers would be pissed if they moved to any publisher, most people only have 1 launcher for games (citation needed pulled straight out of my ass)
>That pic
You bought it a couple weeks ago? Says 2 months ago. There wasn't even a sale 2 months ago.
phone screenshot of screen user with timestamp, you went the proofs route and now we're going in it.

>>you think that Team Fortress 2 kiddies are going to go from a F2P game with kiddie graphics and default dancing to a game like Metro Exodus, a grungy post-apoc setting that costs $30-60 American?
I mean, when you can already buy the other metro games on steam and they've been doing pretty well critically and commercially, I'd say it's a solid yes.

By contrast, Metro is on a platform that's primarily used to facilitate fortnite first and foremost while most of the people who would've bought the game can't because of the exclusivity shit.

>Chinkstore gives more cash to the devs
*publishers

>The best support is cash, 99% of the time. Chinkstore gives more cash to the devs.
The best support is actually making a storefront that makes people want to buy your game through that service and/or lessening the amount of hoops that the consumer has to jump through in order to reach that point.

No point in giving someone 88% of the profits per sale when most people aren't using your storefront either out of principle or because you've failed to market it as anything more than a vehicle to buy fortnite shit through.
>I think backers would be pissed if they moved to any publisher,
Yet in spite of alternatives to steam being available for years, EGS is the only storefront that people are actively against, primarily due to the way it's trying to strongarm its way into becoming a monopoly while claiming that steam is a monopoly to paint themselves as the good guys somehow. If EGS wasn't going for the exclusivity shit and passed the savings onto gamers, I doubt people would care nearly as much as they do now.
>You bought it a couple weeks ago? Says 2 months ago. There wasn't even a sale 2 months ago.
Is this honestly the best you can do? This is truly pathetic.

Um. How?
>Some of the best games in the industry (Half Life, Portal, Counter Strike, Artifact)
>Open, relaxed work envioment that people would kill to be hired for
>Best VR tech in the world
>Steam is the best platform
>Nonstop sales
>Fun community events
>Gabe is based and replies to emails and chats to fans, sometimes even recording videos

Steam only existed to sell Valve games at one point, but you're so far up Valves ass you can't even see their history

Paying for exclusives isn't competition, that's just sitting on your rights.

By the way, this is exactly the kind of shit that is currently killing streaming services, nobody actually competing with one another and instead simply sitting on their copyrighted shows.

Most of the games on epic are publisher free so
>>Chinkstore gives more cash to the devs
Is more right than
>>Chinkstore gives more cash to the publishers
The best answer would be
>>>Chinkstore gives more cash to the devs and publishers

Don't mind me, i'm just here to state facts

>Steam only existed to sell Valve games at one point,
and now they exist to sell other people's games and to be a viable alternative to piracy.

I'm not sure what your point was, but it probably sounded smarter in your head.

this

>Most of the games on epic are publisher free so
Most games on epic are also available on other launchers, but hey, just stating facts bro.

Also, 88% of 0 sales is still $0 made, but thank fuck Epic gives the devs free sales to make up for it.

>Gabe is based and replies to emails and chats to fans, sometimes even recording videos

Attached: 1563895566058.jpg (297x170, 9K)

This this this this this so hard this

All the streaming services have seen subscriber loss within the last year for EXACTLY this reason. This shit is going to collapse within the next five to ten years, because nobody wants to pay for fifteen separate streaming services

>Also, 88% of 0 sales is still $0 made

Imagine seething this much

Attached: w-w-z.png (957x990, 63K)

Timmy boy has said that he would stop with the exclusivity bullshit if Valve lowered their revenue cut to 12% like them, although I very much doubt he was telling the truth in any capacity.

But I sure would love if Valve did that, just to see what excuse Tim-Tim would pull out of his ass to justify not stopping with the exclusive deals, I do know that game devs/publishers who think they can get away with the '18% more for us' would have to come up with something new if they don't wanna be transparent and say 'they filled our assholes with moneyt'

Steam and Epic Store are not streaming services

The ironic thing about Netflix is that because you own nothing, you should have no loyalty to them. Steam drones are loyal to Steam only because they've put their eggs in one basket, not because they like it.

Do you have actual numbers to back those up or is it another Metro Exodus situation where they bloat the numbers using console sales and then go hush hush when it comes to the sales from PC specifically?

The thing is, what does steam really have to prove by doing that? People still use steam more than people use EGS and even Tim said that the 12% revenue split wasn't sustainable in the long run.

New thread

I wonder if that's also including the guaranteed sales that Epic gives in their deals

Speak for yourself drone.

Here are your sales, man

Do we really need another thread for this garbage?

Here is the source of this claim.

>In the GameFocus article, it says (translated using Google) “Samurai Shodown wanted to sell his PC on a PC download sales platform on condition of a pre-order of hundreds of thousands of copies, but SNK Chief Commander declined Samurai [Shodown] as a title to be sold more than a million copies.”

Fucking google translate, steamdrones are so out of arguments it's pathetic

>cash for chinks
The reason devs go to the chinkstore is to feel it out, see if they make more money from it. You gotta actually use it to find that out.
>monopolies
They are monopolies fighting over each other. Don't think otherwise. You may say chinkstore is more underhanded with their methods.
>Is this honestly the best you can do? This is truly pathetic.
UH OH user
I specifically said it didn't matter, but you wanted to "prove it" to bolster your own argument. Now that I want better evidence and not some image you could have easily googled off the internet, you call me pathetic for wanting proofs? Looks like you're plan backfired.

New thread

>Steam and Epic Store are not streaming services
But they are walled gardens, exactly like Epic and Steam.
It all basically boils down to complicating things for the consumer, which is ANATHEMA to good business. It will kill it dead. People like simplicity. They like keeping everything in one place.
Which DOESN'T mean Epic should go away and Steam should rule everything, it means if Epic wants to compete, then Epic should actually *compete*, meaning offering the same product as Valve for better value.

>what does steam really have to prove by doing that?
Accordinng to Epic? Giving developers a better deal. As well as putting Epic games on a position where they either meet their end of the promise, or they backpedal and prove to everyone that they and the developers who cry 'but muh 12%' were all just scumbags.

>Most games on epic are also available on other launchers, but hey, just stating facts bro.

Most of their games were also given for free to everyone. And mainly only these games are on other launchers. Not sure what it have to do with what i said before but okay

>Also, 88% of 0 sales is still $0 made, but thank fuck Epic gives the devs free sales to make up for it.
You're just coping at this point

New thread

>Would rather believe broken ass google translate than someone who knows Korean and can propely translate what was said

If I'm pathetic you're retarded.