*runs every game in 1080p for a decade*

*runs every game in 1080p for a decade*

Attached: file.png (700x700, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehvz3iN8pp4
digitaltrends.com/computing/steam-july-survey-reveals-1080p-graphics-preference/
pcmag.com/article/367392/ultimate-pc-gaming-what-does-it-take-to-play-at-4k-and-144h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>still plays on 1080p post 2015

Attached: 1444295233581.jpg (600x665, 100K)

4790k runs em all for 2

my i7 920 is still going strong 11 years later

>cpu
>resolution

>Wastes money on displays that only serve to force the user to buy more stuff to make it function correctly while not giving them anymore benefit other than status.

Attached: wut.gif (200x152, 953K)

>falling for XK memes

Oh, dear.

whats it like being so poor past your thirties?

>Can't afford new things
>Call others retard and muh companiess

Feels bad that in 10 years you still are a non-factor in your life.

sandy and bridgepilled

>LARPing as an adult
Sad!

Stock cooler, no OC and still all I need.

Attached: 1555398269019.jpg (640x480, 39K)

this but ironically. I wanted to keep my old 1080p monitor as a second monitor but that shit looked so trash compared to my new monitor next to it i just threw it in the trash instead of having to look at that shit any longer.

I love it so much

Attached: Latias_disguised_as_a_maid.png (368x340, 149K)

Anybody else disappointed with their hardware? You always buy that next card expecting to be able to max a certain game, or achieve something specific.

My i9 is fine. A lot of video and multi-tasking production work is great. But my 1080 I'm disappointed in. It's amazing how many games - even older ones - can struggle to get 2560x1080 at 100fps max settings (much less my 144fps to match my monitor).

The diminishing returns is pissing me off. My jump from each of my first couple of video cards 15 years ago to now. I know the requirements are changing, though. Now I need 144hz so naturally on some games I'm going to scale back on some graphics options. If I was content with 60hz I'd be fine. But I hear even 4k users at 60hz can't get what they want.

But mainly I'm talking about games like Arma 3. That unoptimized piece of shit still can't be maxed out and runs like ass even on my setup. I can achieve some high -to- max options but you won't go over 50-60 fps ever. The struggle is real.

Attached: Spec.jpg (802x558, 275K)

>Plays 1080p @ 60HZ because he still dominates people using 1440 at over 100.

Attached: flex.jpg (750x1024, 80K)

Nah I'm happy with mine, I just need moar money for hdds/ssds along with external HDDs

Attached: Titan Dragon Specs.png (658x525, 34K)

>Playing at 1080p 60Hz when 3440x1440 120hz is achievable with consumer grade hardware

Attached: 1564420436497.jpg (540x720, 80K)

Chasing the dragon, user. Happiness is about recognising and appreciating having what you need. There will always be newer meme hardware but it will never truly make you happy.

If you couldn't tell from my picture I posted earlier, I'm a HDD nut. I have about 20 WD 4TB passports from my job that miraculously ended up in my possession. I had to buy the internal ones, though.

I deal with a tremendous amount of data. A lot of my productions can take up hundreds of gigabytes each. And I'm also extremely anal about backups. I still weep over losing stuff I worked on 10 years ago from HDD failure.

well since 1080p is last decade, it seems oke even though that fucking processor is stuttering nowadays in a ton of games!

>being such a baby about resolution

>Muh exactly same pixel density
>muh bigger screen

>LOLOLOL muh screen is bigger, me smarter, me more money

>um akshually you can't tell the difference
poorfag coping

>first gaming rig has hand-me-down 4690k f on a friend who upgraded
>expect it to be only 'better than nothing'
>it runs everything just fine

Happy days lads

*has been killing it for the past 7 years*

Psshhhh... nothing personnel... nuIntel-kun.

Attached: speccy.png (532x379, 19K)

>only resolution exists
>High cpu demanding games don't exist

>not 640 × 480
fake chad

I hit a PR cutting yesterday, 5x 315lb deadlift. Also I mogged some guy that was "coaching" his cunny girlfriend while doing curls at the dumbell racks. My biceps were popping and she kept looking at me in the mirror. He noticed and kept blocking me from looking at her, then he would go and pick up 50s and get like 4 reps then slam them down out of frustration. He kept pacing back and forth while she worked out, it's like I mogged him so hard he became an incel.

also, like my post if you're cunny pilled

Not the guy you responded to, but I agree.

If I can give anyone advice, enjoy what you have for as long as you can. Since I jumped to a 144hz monitor, I can't go back. And the worse part is, I have become used to it so I no longer enjoy its benefits. However, any new games I play will need to have good hardware to get those 144hz. I don't remember 60hz being all that bad when I played it at the time, but now I cry when a game will drop my frames/gsync down to 60-80.

144hz will change your life. But not always for the better.

>Me bigger screen
>Me more money

Biggest copepost i've seen all day.

Is 240hz a meme? I see some pro gamers use it, but can we even reach 240 FPS?

Did you even read the op? He talked about resolution when it isn't relevant.

This, but 2600k

my i5 4670k and evga gtx 760 can still play every game just fine at 60fps. it truly goes to show that modern technology is just designed to break down more often compared to older stuff

Anything past 120 fps is meme tier.

I'm not the one fapping about having a bigger screen but with the exactly same pixel density

That doesn't make any sense. People don't upgrade because their gpu breaks, they upgrade because they want better grafix and higher framerates.

I have a i5 8400
Is it good?

Attached: 1564094657199.png (800x1113, 356K)

I bait (You)'s across several boards, and Yea Forums is undoubtedly the most populated with poorfags, /g/ doesn't even come close.
Why is this? Also why be so angry about it? Can't you just accept your condition?

Attached: 1564509369443.gif (112x112, 27K)

I've heard more about new cards breaking and going to shit than anything in my setup built 8 years ago. Also those people aren't video game players, they're clout chasers

Well, resolution is relevant for cpu when we are talking about high refresh rate (144-240hz).

Even with a rtx 2080 ti you will have problems with your cpu in that case.

>me poor, me make copepost about people with more money

>More fps, more cpu AND gpu
>More resolution, more Gpu

What's the GPU equivalent to the 2500k?

>Me smart, me more resolution, me picture quality is better even with exactly the same pixel density

you dont have more money than me because you buy tech trash

What does that mean? You're not a real gamer if you want higher settings and framerates?

HD7750

>me have tiny resolution to fit me tiny brain

>American zoomers comparing their imaginary piles of money

Never gets old

144hz make you play 20% better tho.

For the most part, yes that's what it means. I would wager that 90% of people with the latest "EXTREME GRAFIX" tech have less than 20 hours played in the last 2 weeks. and most of them probably play shit like tf2 which doesn't need that technology at all

Stronger hardware makes developers lazy
Lazy developers code lazily
Lazy code is not as well optimized, thus needs stronger hardware to run.
The need for stronger hardware requires one to spend more money as to be relevant.

I like technology. I spend on technology to work, but I feel no need to chase after every move of the wind just because it's bigger and better.

It's really not about being poor, it's that there's been no need for me to do much but update anything since a game hasn't come out that has needed it. I'm not going to pour money into a hobby to make a game look better than I'll never care to play when I have others to spend time/money on. Many of us are reserved to the fate of replaying classics if we need a video game fix.

>Me think me is smarter for having more resolution but the exactly same pixel density

I can repeat the same

4 cores, 4 threads, a max stock clock of 3.7Ghz and 95w of tdp (lol)
I can see it not being enough for some newer emulators and newer AAA games

>Americans are the only ones who buy PC hardware
t. buttmad Canadian

it was a great CPU. I just only recenly had to switch tho because of battlefield 5, the i5-2500k finally met its match

Attached: email.jpg (460x139, 16K)

why are there so many Intel brainlets on Yea Forums?
you'd think a board about video games would know better about building PCs

Attached: 1564336745737.jpg (679x720, 97K)

I agree with this too. It reminds me of the people that were upgrading their TVs to every new fad throughout the 90s, even getting new DVD or Bluray players that promised something better. It's pointless in most cases and gives short term dopamine boosts for cash. Most of those people didn't even bother with their tech, just showed it off to people.

Because intel is more popular

because people havent bothered upgrading their 5+ year old cpu from a time when AMD cpus were complete ass because there is still no reason to.

>newer AAA games
good thing literally none of them are worth playing

hz over resolution any day of the week

>backdoor news comes out recently
>decade old CPU threads
>why didn't you know 10 years ago about recent news?
And you call others brainlets.

But if you have the money then what exactly is the harm in upgrading?

No harm, just pointless wastes when there's guaranteed something else in your life that you could be improving.

800x600 @ 85hz is God's monitor

That's 20% more of a chance I give them to kill me, because I am a generous god.

Yea Forums were always a bunch of Intel shills
>good thing literally none of them are worth playing
that's a bold statement user, can you cite every AAA game launched in the last 2 years and your arguments as to why each one of them suck?

this.
When I upgraded my ancient CPU to a Ryzen earlier this year I made the right choice. Good performance (I play in FullHD only), really good price, what more could I want in a CPU?

Attached: 1516751749760.gif (200x200, 9K)

tell me what AAA games in the last 2 years you've played

youtube.com/watch?v=ehvz3iN8pp4

Reminder that 4k gaming is dumb because framerate>resolution. I'd rather play at 60fps 1080p than 20fps 4k.

It sure sounds like you're just coping with your lack of disposable income.

I don't know, is it? You're the one that owns it.

As much as I hate spending money I do use my computer a lot and every fucking day so I'm not going to skimp to get stuck with some Jallatech shit. I don't have to upgrade that often when I buy quality stuff anyway.

Does it make that much difference playing in a monitor 60 cm from your face?

It's really just because were comfortable coasting to Ryzen3 if Intel can't produce a Ryzen killer by then. Extra points if it's on a new socket and DDR5 compatible. Skipping so many generations is allowing us to build ultra gigga nigga machines by the time we do.

PROTIP: Buy an X5670 on aliexpress for $20 and overclock it to 4.4Ghz.

That's what I did with my i7 920 last year for a 50% performance boost.

>steam survey shows most pc gamers still play at 1080p
digitaltrends.com/computing/steam-july-survey-reveals-1080p-graphics-preference/

pcmag.com/article/367392/ultimate-pc-gaming-what-does-it-take-to-play-at-4k-and-144h
>"To get to 120fps or 144fps, dual GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards are what you'll need."

>not 1080p 143 fps 144hz sync monitor on ultra on every game
Yea Forums is poor. More news at 6

All you're doing is trying to poorly bait, it has nothing to do with that. Come up with something new for once. You have no idea about anyone's life or financial situation on a cat tasering imageboard, despite how good you think you are at reading between the lines.

It makes a huge difference. Compared to everything else like phones and TVs, the effective or perceived PPI on a 20-something inch PC monitor is atrocious.

I'm more just about expanding data capacity
I also kind of want to do an LP channel for lols and as a side thing

Did you have to buy a chinkshit mobo? How was the experience overclocking it? And were you able to XMP the ram above 1333?

What, how does it make a huge difference if it's atrocious?

>implying thats by choice
Poorniggers gonna nig

t. 4K salesman

You're aware that most of the people claiming to have these insane multi thousand dollar PCs actually don't, right? Lying, on my internet?

Fuck everyone feeling superior to others just because they have more money than them. That shit doesn't mean anything.

Do you really think that every homeless person deserves to be homeless? If so then hell is waiting for you.
Heck you're already in some kind of hell, the hell of being ultra fucking materialistic.

DMC 5, uncharted 4, nudoom, DX MD and botw on cemu. Now I know some of these titles were not launched 2y ago but I played all of them in the last 2y.

No I already had the motherboard the i7 920 was in.

It was my first time so it took a good 4 hours as I didn't know what I was doing. it does run at 4.6Ghz but unstable. The ram I'm using doesn't have an XMP profile but it does run at 1600Mhz (triple channel though so effectivly 2400Mhz).

>you shouldn't spend your disposable income on things you want because reasons
Yes, that sounds like cope.

>buy a 2K 32" monitor as a replacement for my 24" 1080p monitor
>it looks the same because they have the same pixel density

I have made a mistake

>2K 32"
retard, it should have been 27" tops

I've had mine since 2011, but I just updated to a Ryzen 3700X.

Rip 2500k, you served me well. F.

fpbp
imagine not having a 14nm cpu

>arrestpost
opinion discarded

Ahahahaha imagine falling for the 144hz poz shit meme. Imagine playing in a garbage TN panel that doesn't even support HDR. Stupid fags.

Update the BIOS to the latest version and you should be fine, there's one EVGA board that you need to hardmod in order to use the Xeons on but I doubt you have that. I had shitty RAM that wouldn't go past 1333MHz and because the RAM speed is also tied to the CPU's ratio or something I have to set it to 22 CPU ratio and 190 core clock since above 4.2 got really hot and my audio got distorted after 200 core clock so I was running with 1100MHz RAM.

>Falling for the 4k meme pre 2017

Attached: FaceApp_1563370582356.jpg (478x456, 101K)

I remember the phenom II 820 X4 I used from 2010 till mid 2012 felt like an eternity. I had gotten a 9600 GT early that year and quickly jumped to a 5770 at the end of the year when the 6000 series came out. The 5770 was pretty good too, that whole year I used it after felt like ages, but I memed myself again and got a 6870 at the end of 2011 when the 7950/7970 came out. I stuck with the 6870 from then on till about mid 2014 before I jumped and grabbed a R9 280x and a little bit later a FX 8350 when I started working. I used both unfornately for 2 years until I got cucked again and sprang for a 1070 after waiting 3 weeks on brickseek to see when they would finally come back in stock after the came out. I got that 1070 and 2 months later a 6700k/z170-a and since then I've used both, which is ironic becuase I have used this hardware longer than the others now and time goes so fucking fast It feels like I just upgraded still. I haven't even played maybe 5 new games since I redid my PC. Mom was right, after your mid twenties time goes insanely fucking fast.

Attached: 61476087_p0.jpg (447x400, 101K)

The 7970 more like, so much so that the 7970 GHz was turned into a 280x 3 years after its release and its drivers made it age like fine wine.

Also I find it ironic that the short times I used those GPUs, I played the most games. Now that I have this 1070 It's like I don't even play games anymore. I've only started dusk in december (finished it in early feb) and then underrail in feb to march. Both of which are games that can run on almost nothing. I started Yakuza 0 in march and still playing like an autist right now, but I am pretty sure yakuza 0 will run just fine on anything pre 2011

2500K cannot handle MHW, TW2 and AC Odyssey at 1080p60 on max settings.

Attached: 1388620169258.gif (160x160, 997K)

>Unga makes ryzen build
>Unga builds ryzen PC
>Unga has black screen
>Ungas Mobo needs older ryzen cpu in order to update bios to use his ryzen cpu

No shit Sherlock.

That is 100% bullshit

>i7 920
>overclocks to 4ghz like nothing
>don't even bother because it's barely been pushed more than 50% over a whole decade

Attached: 1563412079871.gif (426x446, 62K)

I think more and more about it and anything over 1080p and 60hz seem like a meme to me. I think I'll stay with 1660ti and my monitor for years to come

>Unga buys pic related for 5 dollars
>Can Unga brain device

Attached: ch 341a.jpg (1200x1200, 150K)

See

Sandy Bridge represent

Attached: 1531575053596.jpg (388x379, 17K)

I've been down that road, they're a trap. If you get the wrong one you can't use your own PSU and that gimps your graphics card options.
Get a used ACER with an i7 from an office that's selling off their old stuff for $50 instead, then put a GPU like a 7970 in it and you're good until next gen.

Bro, an Optiplex 770 mini-tower is as vanilla as you can get aside from the plastic drive brackets.

I can't believe mine is still alive along with my gtx 580, best investment I've ever made

Attached: 1356563422323.gif (330x275, 1.99M)

>not an ips with hdr
Stay poor

>buy a motherboard with a BIOS flashback
>problem solved

wow that was a tough one

fpbp
poorfags absolutely seething

i got a laptop with an i3 that runs like shit
is it possible to upgrade without replacing the entire computer?

Only if it's socketed. In a laptop it's probably soldered. Can be done, but not worth paying someone with the skills and tools. It's also possible you don't have enough RAM for what you use on it, or spinning rust is slowing it down.

i only unboxed the damn thing last year
it's an HP laptop 15 da0xxx to be specific

you don't even play in 4K yourself lmao

are you retarded? most people who own intel own 3+ year old intel processors because AMD was complete garbage pre-ryzen for a good like 10 years. intel were literally the only option for gaming.

>playing video games
get a job fucking nerds

>mfw Phenom 965

Gonna finally do a new build either next year or the year after. Can't believe how long it lasted me though.

Attached: 1497302194639.jpg (262x206, 9K)

>jumped ship to a 6700k right when the 7 series came out
>Still had FX 8350 and AMD wasn't close to releasing anything yet
>AMD meme on /g/ was just SOON because AMD kept sitting on am3+ until 2017
>felt good until a year later when people were gushing about ryzen
>still haven't played games since then now my PC is a glorified space heater since last year

Holy shit, you waste money on overpriced garbage? That's fucking BADASS

I bet you're the same type of person who looks down on people using CRT for pre HD era games too.

Attached: 1564399156010.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>Spend $100 a bottle for some expensive alcohol when a $20 bottle of something slightly worse will get you fucked up the same
>LOL IMAGINE BEING POOR

> tfw 4770k

i have to upgrade tomorrow right?

Attached: schwitzen.webm (986x720, 2.62M)

What's the 2500k of 2019?

fuck that thing
i have at home a r5 1600 and thought it is fucking baba
now there was a dell optipix from 2012 at work with a i5 3450 and not even a ssd which i played around with today (clean windows, driver etc)
and it runs like a fucking charm
no real difference to my ryzen at home in normal usage, even faster
fuck jews but this really made me think

waiting since 2 0 1 5

Attached: here's your 10nm bro.jpg (1411x789, 499K)

>U
>Y
These are laptop processors

Using a 4690k with a 2080. Runs at 4k pretty well.

>tfw I went from Pentium 4 -> i7 920 -> i7 4770k to i7 9900k three weeks ago
>tfw my GPU history is 6600GT -> GTX 260 -> GTX 460 in SLI -> GTX 780 and RTX 2080Ti

>buying intel after zombieload
tfw

Nah 144hz feels WAY better in FPS games.

>10nm finally comes out
>4c 2t mobile chips
>intel won't admit they have fucking nothing for desktop until 2021
a pathetic display to be honest

Attached: 2 0 1 5.jpg (327x154, 13K)

This is how I felt about hard drives after using a MacBook with PCIE SSD for years

That's what I thought until I visited a friend who has one and tried it out
I'll never buy one though, I'd never be able to go back to bloodborne without my eyes bleeding

>literally never had a pc with a dedicated gpu for 17 years until i got a job and got myself a desktop with a 2060 2 months ago
>literally never gamed at 1080p before 2 months before

1080p/60Hz with a 24 inch screen is literal perfection, feels good for not falling for diminishing returns meme

>max settings
Unnecessary

>tfw GTX 970
>tfw got $30 from class action lawsuit over the 3.5GB meme 2 years ago
>still running most at stable 1080p60 at relatively visually appealing settings
>enjoying the only worthwhile games in VR on original HTC Vive with no frame timing issues
niggers

>resolution
>CPU

Attached: black-man-image-78.png (1293x854, 1.82M)

>except Just Cause 3, Arkham Knight and Far Cry 5 without dropping to 40 fps.

Me too

What's the point of playing beyond 1080? I don't see enough difference to warrant shelling out cash for something like 4k.

Attached: 155258578721.png (463x492, 179K)

i emulate alot and last I checked AMD stuff still falls behind quite a bit for it

>being an eyelet
you might have an argument for 2160p but 1440p is a reasonable upgrade

I'm still using a i5 4460.

Prove it, no nvidia/amd gpu cheating, just the default intel integrated gpu, can it really keep up today?

>drinking for buzz
>not drinking for taste

hmm wonder what kind of person you are

Alcohol tastes bad unless it's beer or a mixed drink which you can use cheap liquor for anyway

if only there were resolutions between the two

Attached: thinking brat2.jpg (469x626, 70K)

Less need for Antialiasing which is an imperfect technology. It might not matter in many games but some games where you are spotting far targets like combat flight sims or arma both aliasing and antialiasing can negatively impact your ability to spot targets at far distances. This is especially true in ww2 flight sims without radar where you'll often find yourself spotting dots in the distance. those dots can be small enough to get caught between pixels, harder to spot at longer distances, or get filtered out entirely by more agressive AA methods.

Many people would recommend playing said games in vr as well but that makes the antialiasing issue worse since vr is generally lower res and less clear than a very high res 4k display or even 1440p. I have vr and use it for DCS usually, but i genuinely prefer my higher res monitor for IL-2 or Warthunder.

I'm fully aware there are, I clearly used 4k as an example you barely sentient cumstain.

you're aware they theoretically exist but if you'd seen them you wouldn't have this question or immediately use 4k as an example, you cumstain masquerading as sentient

>not playing a 640x460
GET OUT OF HERE YOU ATHEIST RETARD NIGGERS

Attached: 1536364716356.png (450x399, 223K)

I used 4k because it's easier to type two letters I get off the top of my head than anything else. I see higher resolutions and compare them to my monitor at home and don't see enough difference to justify buying a new screen. 1080p looks fine as is was moreso the general point of what I was trying to say anyway, you cumstain I forgot to lick off my leg.

Isn't gpu is more important for gaming?
I have gtx 770 and I can't play most new games already. I had money for new pc but I wasted them on paying rent and being neet for a while. So fucking over this life already.

Attached: 14208369607930.jpg (874x873, 51K)

whats with all the 1080p vs 4k posts?
does 1440p not exist anymore?
I would kill myself if I had to go back to 1080p on the desktop, it's just too small.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 27K)

That's because 90% of the games are console ports.

144 hz at 2k hd

Best of both worlds.

I'm just using 1200p

WHY IS NOBODY POINTING OUT THAT CPUS DONT IMPACT RESOLUTION WTF IS UP WITH YOU FAGS

using my CRT at 140hz instead of 160hz to play games is instantly noticeable

4K does fucking nothing.

>Closest "upgrade" is a 3600 forcing Windows 10 and higher TDPs
Not having any prospects of upgrading is starting to bore me.

Attached: 1557145346102.png (546x386, 23K)

PCbros, we're meant to be friends here.
What you been playing?
>tfw emulating Wii U games at 60FPS (or more in the case of BoTW) at 1440p
Shit's fun as fuck and the Switch Pro controller feels great.

1440p is on a 27" screen is the perfect resolution IMO.
Not too big, not too small.

>upgrade to gtx 1080
>some games suddenly run worse
>cpu intensive games never reach performance I should be getting
>bottlenecks out of the ass
>45 fps in ancient forest in MHW
>nu-Hitman runs like shit, especially on marrakesh
>witcher 3 runs better outside of towns only
>BF4 runs like garbage
what a joke, I even had a i7 2600k and still had these issues
>upgrade to 8600k
>steady 120fps in ancient forest in mhw
All of this on 1080p.

Also unrelated but I snagged a pretty good deal on a monitor. $360 for a Acer xv272u which released this year on those new innolux panels. 144hz 1440p IPS with freesync and 10bit. It's pretty cool.

I thought that was a Tampax box

People that con themselves into thinking alcohol taste good are just chasing a status symbol and are ultimately pretentious twats. It's the same as smokers claiming they do it for the taste.

It was an extraordinary processor, but today’s there quite many games that rape it if you try to play them:
>Total War: Warhammer (and presumably Three Kingdoms)
>Watch Dogs 2
>Witcher 3
>Battlefield 1
>newest Assassin’s Creed games, I’d imagine that anything from Unity onwards will be stuttery, Origins and Odyssey for sure
>Far Cry 5
>Cities: Skylines
>Fallout 4 (granted, this is just shitty optimization because it uses CPU for shadows for some reason, but still)
>Hitman 2016 & 2
>Planetside 2
>Arma 3
>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
>Kingdom Come: Deliverance

And that’s only the obvious ones that came to my mind without looking anything up. Besides, because the next console gens are going to have MUCH better CPUs than current consoles (current console CPUs were underpowered even on release, new ones will probably use rather competent Ryzen-based solutions), expect to see even more CPU heavy games in the coming years.

Serious question. I have 1200x1600 monitor does it needs more gpu and cpu power than 1920x1080 to play games?

Attached: 1564088448595.png (640x480, 599K)

I miss 16:10 monitors

It needs less, actually.

No, 1080p has more pixels than that weird resolution you have. Your biggest problem is getting games to actually run in that resolution.

your 1200x1600 display has 92.6% as many pixels of a standard 1920x1080 display.
So you would get a slight framerate decrease if you upgraded to 1080p.

Thanks bros but yeah, its kinda shitty to play 16:9 games on this. Gues shmups will do for me

>he actually fell for ryzen

Attached: the military shanty town of ryzen.jpg (1920x1987, 2.22M)

>*runs every game in 1080p for a decade*
Meanwhile im still running my old Q8200 processor.

You're allowed to be a person who doesn't notice the difference, user.

But you're a visually impaired monkey, unlike the rest of us.

>used i3 4150, 8gb of 1600mhz ram and r9 270 for ages
>no cash at all
>upgrade to 4790, 16gb and 1070gtx due to sheer luck

Feels nice

I just prefer smaller monitors and 22" is as big as I'll go
1440p on 22" would look like shit

>15min stress test
lmao

I agree. the Phenom II Quad Core Black Edition was way better. Dumb intel brainlets.

I got lucky with my current one, was refurbished. Been using 16:10 for so long I don't wanna go back. Shame game support is shoddy and usually just 16:9 with black bars.

>le ded christian cuck
Ebin.

the lower the resolution, the less the hardware has to render. lowering the resolution as well as game settings is usually the steps to increase frame rates.

I play vidya on a shitty 1600p NEET craptop I got a few years ago

Attached: 0890984514.png (1280x720, 325K)

that's great you dummy. will be future proof for a while.

It's good for 160p. You really need a 9900k if you even want to play 720p and up.

>intel is better goys because it idles at 40 degrees instead of 50, ryzen is finished! Don't mind the numerous backdoors and security problems, it is worth the high prices!
(you)

Attached: 1550847660739.jpg (1613x1000, 276K)

1680x1050 22" easy

It's an old TN but at least the response time is 3ms

why would i need to boost my performance?

Attached: 1563826099079.png (1000x868, 73K)

>got a 3700x
>after initial troubles with bios and new chipset issues everything is great

Attached: 1558525565857.jpg (409x409, 20K)

>CPU
>Resolution

Attached: 9418A639-9845-4CF1-ACBD-A2D19E2B16DC.jpg (680x485, 52K)

>WHADDYA MEAN THE RYZEN 3000 IN MY B350 CHEAP MOTHERBOARD IS NOT WORKING RIGHT? THIS IS ALL AMDS FAULT. REEE. I SHOULD'VE BOUGHT AN INTEL.

Attached: 1564548273832.jpg (382x341, 35K)

Well I do have a Dell monitor from like 2007 or so, it's 1980x1200, but it's too old to have an HDMI port. I think HDMI didn't become a thing on monitors until they stopped making 16:10 panels. The only thing wrong with that monitor is the floating power button problem, just line it up and slap a big piece of tape on top to keep it in place.

I welcome you to find a Ryzen chip that will boot at 5.2ghz 1.207v, let alone benchmark.

>Upgrading after 2011
You'd have to be fucking retarded when PCie 5.0, DDR5, and USB4 is literally approved and right around the corner.

Attached: 1503603939576.gif (455x560, 96K)

Are the Corsair Carbide cases any good? The 275R looks sexy but I am not sure if it's worth the investment.

There is always something "right around the corner". Just buy shit when you need it, and sell it when it's time to upgrade.

Major hardware updates like those last for decades, user.

No they don't, most of the time the technology is also very immature at the start.

>DDR3 - 2007
>DDR4 - 2014, not widely adopted until 2018
There's no such thing as "immature" hardware standards. It either works or it doesn't.

4K is a jew meme for retards who are itching to waste their tax returns on shit they don't need. Anything above 1440p is a waste of system resources with no substantial benefit.

Attached: 1116565848090.jpg (634x476, 40K)

Yeah, PCIe 4.0 is working real well. I would say it is a very "cool" standard!

Attached: fan.jpg (678x381, 47K)

Yes I have a 270R and I love it, my only problem is the HDD mounts kind of make the cover on the back harder to attach but maybe theyve improved that on the 275R. Should only be buying SSD at this point anyways.

Attached: 1563462325534.jpg (1024x768, 93K)

>fans on motherboards again
what is this, 2004?

I was just looking at the 275R and they in fact did improve it. Circles are where the HDD on the 270R go and the arrow is where they moved it.

Attached: 1544867467214.png (418x431, 205K)

i love cases with optical drive bays because you can just stick HDDs in there with an adapter and it's so out of the way

1080p is outdated because you can run most of new games on 1440p with 2060(cheap ass card) there's no excuse anymore

Sounds pretty damn good then.
Is it gay to pick a white case?

>AMD shill seething that a videogame board buys Intel and Nvidia
Kek

if the white case forces you to suck a cock then yeah but otherwise no. i wouldnt get a white case for dust issues but i live in a dusty household.

Fair point, since most of the furniture is black, I guess black is the way to go. Thanks, user!

>AMDrones have to fork extra shekels for expensive X570 mobos and Samsung RAM only for them to beta test for motherboard manufacturers and AMD
>extra voltage is okay because AMD said so
>fans whirring from the X570 chipset is okay because AMD said so
>JUST BUY A B450 AND PLAY BIOS SIMULATOR 2019 WITH US
Hearty kek, fuck AMD

There's so much hype for these processors, I even remember them spamming 5Ghz all over Yea Forums and /g/ when it couldn't even reach that number

always friend just remember to pull your cool air in from the front and exhaust everything out the back and top.

4k is straight up trash

you'll be fine for years

much rather wait for bios to stabilize or b550 launch then buy anything intel post zombieload.

Majority are playing on high refresh 1080p monitors since they are dirt cheap.

Not everyone here owns a RTX card that can max out a 1440p or 4k monitor.

Will do, user. Thank god the fans are still new. This case is just trash.
That's what I get for going with Sharkoon out of all brands.

Hi.

Attached: CP277AM_34112_800x800.jpg (800x800, 115K)

a game that has so many fine details it's unplayable on anything equal or below 1080p is yet to be relased

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
Imagine having 3.5GB of gpu ram, glad I am not this user.
I'd rather have 2GB.

Hello.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (324x400, 34K)

The difference in build quality is staggering, you wont regret going corsair but just about any brand is an upgrade over what you have now.

>the virgin ivy bridge
>the chad x6

Attached: the chad stride.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

No doubt about that.
The audio port dying in less than a year is still the biggest insult aside the bad thermal intake inside the case itself.

Attached: rig.png (621x688, 28K)

Attached: what are you poor 1434877692044.jpg (2508x1613, 1.05M)