In retrospect, was its plot too much of a retread of FF7...

In retrospect, was its plot too much of a retread of FF7? There are a lot of common elements between them like the mixture of fantasy/technology, the hero who isn't really who he thinks he is, souls/life force based magic and a love interest who uses it, the world getting fucked over by the organization in power etc

Attached: Ffxboxart.jpg (220x321, 28K)

the central theme was completely different.

Should I play the ps2 version, or the remastered ones? The new models look retarded

FFXs plot is nothing like FFVII. The plot is one of the dumbest ever written though and falls apart in just the first hour. But few people seem to care because "muh Auron and Yuna."

You can actually see the al bhed primers in the remaster.

Switch to the old music, though. The new stuff is hit or miss.

There aren't really anything common between the two.

thanks

Please explain how the plot falls apart

I would bet money you simply misunderstand some crucial point

Rick and Morty is deep too bro right?

The new models aren't bad except Tidus and the remaster has expert sphere grid + content from the PAL version so it is definitive

If you never played the original you won't notice a difference in models anyway and the only reason you think they're bad is some retards on here memed your gullible ass

You definitely should play games before talking about them.

I can't believe people think FF7 and FFX have relation at all plotwise. This must be a bad joke.

>FFVII A company is destroying the planet and I'm hallucinating an ancient being who wants to wipe out humanity

>FFX that fish is my dad

Attached: 33456.jpg (800x450, 18K)

the ffVII central theme is taking care of the planet and dealing with the past (this is not just for cloudm everyone has poblems with their past. Tifa too with all the nibelheim problem, barret with corel, red XIII with his dad, vincent with lucrecia, Yuffie and wutai losing the war, and Cid and his dreams).

FFX central plot is religion and divine punishment, and how it affects our lifes. Probably even racism.

No. You're really reaching with a lot of those comparisons.

>the hero who isn't really who he thinks he is
How? Tidus is exactly who he thinks he is, he just didn't know he's a fayth.

>thinking FFX is just tidus' story

Why is the grinding in X worse than 7?

it isnt?

Dodging the lightning bolts is literally the worst thing implemented into any game.

Who said anything about "deep"?

Oh, was that you? Just you?

It feels like it does, I went from 7 to X since I bought both and no matter how hard I grind I always feel underleveled.

>you misunderstood some crucial point
>who said it was deep
You. You did.

Or you've just seen comparisons

>FFX central plot is religion and divine punishment, and how it affects our lifes. Probably even racism.

Those are set dressing. FFX is about not taking the world at face value or resigning to your supposed fate

Romance between Tidus and Yuna was a mistake, they should have been platonic

I'm going to need you to go take an English class.

You either don't know what "crucial" means, or you don't know what "deep" means

...no

You just described 3 very common JRPG tropes. FFX uses them in vastly different ways. In FFVII Cloud know WHAT he is but not WHO he is and in FFX Tidus knows WHO he is but not WHAT he is. The "soul/life" magic is used in completely different ways too. In FFVII it's exploited while in FFX it's utilized with the permission of the Fayth. The please the mixture of fantasy and technology defines Final Fantasy as a whole. The first fucking game starts with 4 heroes going to kill an evil knight to save the princess and later on has Warmech in it.

His post doesn't imply it was deep at all. Please post better. You could've come up with a better defense than such an intentional misreading

You've never grinded for Penance.

>lists thing in every game ever
lmfao

It would be better if they found out they like each other after Yuna's "marriage"

>first line is literally Tidus saying this is my story
Maybe play the game, huh retard?

>Yuna literally says "This is not just your story"

Maybe you do the same

It's Tidus' story after the 90% mark where the flashforward actually occurs, yes. Before that it's Yuna's. Goddamn imagine being this slow
>ffx isn't deep
>but completely fails to get anything about it
lmfao

Within the first hour you're still being introduced to the basic concepts of the world and haven't met most of the main cast and much of what you think you know is delved into more deeply by the end.

The plot is actually pretty solid. Whether it speaks to you is something else but there not much that doesn't make sense within the game's world.

>uses an intro cutscene to show where the game will go as proof of something for the first 40 hours of the game
?

>yfw grinding the highroad
>yfw that point where you start to become super powered

>Please explain how the plot falls apart
Tidus could have skipped the entire pilgrimage if he didn't fall off the Al Bhed boat or if Auron had told him what he needs to do. The plot has to pull an extreme plot convenience to get him from an isolated island in the middle of the sea to Besaid Island and have Auron magically not be there will him, all so he could meet Yuna before Auron had a chance to guide him to Zanarkand.

And yes, I know all of this is done because the majority of the game is world building. But it still doesn't take away from the fact that the plot is broken. Plot and world building are separate things. One can be shit while the other is great.

I was only pretending to be retarded, thanks for the (You)s

Attached: 1553726036482.png (554x400, 66K)

This

And yet it's the story of Yuna and Tidus is just a spectator

The plot isn't broken though

PS2. They completely screwed up the faces of the new models to the point of changing the look and personality of the characters.

Tidus looks way better in the original.

If you ignore what I just said and how Yuna becomes irrelevant at the end of the game, sure.

>Yuna becomes irrelevant at the end of the game

>The plot would have been different if the plot was different

You don't fucking say.

Her only purpose in the final battle is to cast summons so Yu Yevon is open for Tidus and the Zanarkand spirits to kill him. Remember, it's "Tidus' story" and not Yuna. Despite Yuna being the focus for 80% of the game.

Problem is, because of this gameplay mechanic, any summoner could have taken her place. And it lessens her critical role in the plot to basically just being motivation for Tidus' dick to keep going.

>Tidus could have skipped the entire pilgrimage if he didn't fall off the Al Bhed boat or if Auron had told him what he needs to do. The plot has to pull an extreme plot convenience to get him from an isolated island in the middle of the sea to Besaid Island and have Auron magically not be there will him, all so he could meet Yuna before Auron had a chance to guide him to Zanarkand.

I don't understand your issue. Almost every narrative in history is based on some chance happening that just "conveniently" set up a story. Yes he could have washed up at the same place Auron was, but would that not have been just as "convenient" if not more so? For all we know the Al Bhed would have dropped him off at Besaid just to get rid of him anyway. The way he met her was an act of fate in a story that was all about fate bringing people together, as evidenced by Tidus and Yuna both being children of people who did the exact same things they're doing now. It is internally consistent with the theme, setting and world and so isn't a problem narratively speaking

Attached: 10b-tidus_yuna_v1.jpg (1273x1772, 1.43M)

>the plot isn't broken because I'm ignoring the broken parts
You don't say.

>any summoner could have taken her place

No other summoner was shown to be able to complete the pilgrimage and receive all the Aeons necessary, no other summoner had the connection to Yunalesca or the eye of Seymour, whose obsession with Yuna helped drive his own actions which drove a good bit of the plot. If he hadn't tried to marry her, he probably would not have been killed by the party, who may not have found Jyscal's sphere beforehand, and the corruption of the church would not have been exposed

>Tidus could have skipped the entire pilgrimage if he didn't fall off the Al Bhed boat or if Auron had told him what he needs to do.
Jecht did this intentionally. He wanted Tidus to go on Yuna's pilgrimage. It wasn't a random occurrence, it was very deliberate.

>Yes he could have washed up at the same place Auron was, but would that not have been just as "convenient" if not more so?
No? Because Auron was there "pulling" him into the "future" (it's really Jecht and Sin, but Auron is a catalyst). So why does Auron end up on the other side of the world? The plot never says. This makes it seem random and plot convenient.

>For all we know the Al Bhed would have dropped him off at Besaid just to get rid of him anyway.
When you meet up with Rikku 1/3 into the game, she tells Yuna that they were heading back to the Al Bhed base. Which is in the other direction. Now, this doesn't guarantee Tidus would get to Zanarkand. But the Al Bhed had the airship he needed to use to get inside Sin eventually anyway. And they were much more receptive to alternate plans for killing Sin rather than doing another pilgrimage. If they had access to Tidus and Auron told them his plan, they would have been more likely to help than Yuna's team.

It's also a really dumb plot convenience that Rikku knows how to speak Tidus' language, but just randomly chooses to speak Al Bhed on the boat.

>The way he met her was an act of fate in a story that was all about fate bringing people together, as evidenced by Tidus and Yuna both being children of people who did the exact same things they're doing now. It is internally consistent
This would work just fine, except the game goes out if its way to explain Sin did everything consciously (Jecht through Sin) and that most of the convenient things in the story was actually planned. But if these things were planned...what the fuck kind of plan was it? Put a guy on an island with the hope he will randomly meet Yuna and go on a journey? Why not just drop him right at Zanarkand with Auron? Do you see how it starts to not make sense? If they hadn't tried to explain most of this, then we could just chalk it all up to destiny or fate.

Is it me or is there a resurgence of FFX the past few weeks?

>No other summoner was shown to be able to complete the pilgrimage and receive all the Aeons necessary
It doesn't matter what Aeons you have. The game just let's you cast whatever Aeons Yuna has, whether or not she got the extra ones. If the game had remained consistent with the idea of using all the summons, you'd also need to get Anima and the others. But instead you just use whatever summons you have. Meaning any summoner who had at least 1 summon could do it. And there is another summoner out there who challenges Yuna, with every Summon up to Anima.

>no other summoner had the connection to Yunalesca or the eye of Seymour, whose obsession with Yuna helped drive his own actions which drove a good bit of the plot. If he hadn't tried to marry her, he probably would not have been killed by the party, who may not have found Jyscal's sphere beforehand, and the corruption of the church would not have been exposed
Seymour was going to try and overthrow the church whether or not Yuna was there. The whole fake marriage was just that, a fake. It was more padding to the story. The "padding" of FFX is the best part of the game. But much of what the plot eventually leads to invalidates a lot of the world building.

Yeah i have been noticing more ffx thread lately as well, so it's not just you user

Attached: FFx Seymour logic.jpg (666x666, 59K)

I mean it's fine by me, it just so happens that I'm playing it for the first time so it's a happy coincidence

I did and maxed almost all stats but specifically luck. My account accrued about 150 hours and yeah most of that was luck spheres and and fortune spheres from the 2 bosses at the monster farm thing

We've had FFX threads pretty much every other day since Yea Forums began. Either in FF generals or just people mentioning FFX itself. It's second only to FFVII in the most posted FF game.