Still all you need for PC gaming in 2019

*sips* yeah that's a fine processor

Attached: Sandy Sips.png (800x400, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got one in 2011 and used it up until 4 months ago, replacing it only after spilling a can of beer onto my tower. Literally goat.

That sounds like the most poetic death for a Sandy Bridge I have ever laid my eyes on.

I can't believe I still have this thing either, and still haven't overclocked.

Kind of, some games are starting to give my 2700k a run for its money and my mobo is gonna bottleneck most gpus now.

Same, I'm still using my 2011 one and never had any problems with any game, modern or not, up to this day.

>tfw was gifted a fucking i7 in a business pc (for some reason) but it has a shitty laptop NVS gpu

Attached: 1435945000098.png (600x500, 511K)

Absolutely Based

Attached: 1.png (1917x783, 233K)

I should get a non stock fan already and overclock

H212 is what I have on mine and it's as old as the processor and still kicking. Changed the TIM twice so far and that's it.

If I can find one, will look into it, guess that's the only issue with a 8+ year old processor

It is starting to show some age to be honest especially when limited to PCIE 2.0 because of the chipset. Despite it i'm planning to mod my bios and force NVME drivers into it to shoehorn one into my system because it's still 2x as fast as a SATA6 drive on 2.0.

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI

Lucky for you it's still so popular it's still mass produced. I'm sure you can find an even cheaper one easily.

ty user

Just keep in mind that it uses a back mounting plate so you will have to pull your mobo if you don't have rear access. But it's all part of the experience if not.

I have an i5 4690k with the stock cooler and never have any trouble running anything, is higher end stuff for if you want multiple displays or something?

>get a good processor
>most games work your GPU anyways
What a waste. Why don’t they optimize it so it uses your CPU ever?

Isn't it more related to how game engines allocate hardware resources?
Like if UE4 is coded to be reliant on your GPU there's little you can do as a developer just putting in assets and changing them around

more games are starting to use more than 4 threads. MHW off the top of my head is one of those games where having hyperthreading on a quad core is a must or else you get large 1% and 0.1% frametime dips. Also FFXIV uses up to 8 threads which helps stablize the framerate during those World FATEs that have 200 people fighting at the same time.

It's optimized, just for raw single thread performance in almost all cases which is why ancient processors are still viable when overclocked. That and Intel playing the 5% improvement a generation game.

What a hero.