Impressive looking 2D pixel game graphics

youtube.com/watch?v=8lTgk2TiurA

Attached: RAWconcrete-outdoor-s2.jpg (2560x1440, 648K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ufzeiNAKjs4
youtu.be/tTLHZh9IzAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop shilling your shit here, cunt.

Also there's nothing aesthetically pleasing about this.

Not sure I understand? What do you mean shilling? And what shit exactly, I see no shit in what I posted, on the contrary, quality content. About last, it's fine to give an opinion, even a bit rude one as yours, that's the purpose of the post, to hear different opinions. Now, because of your overall rudeness, your post has been reported.

It's an ugly game for dykes the only thing raw about it is the sand you put in your pussy everyday. It looks like it was made by some rank amateur with assets from the unity store.

He means you're advertising your game and it's not allowed.

Assassins creed odyssey.

Pic related gaem has more impressive 2d pixel graphics, whatcha gonna do shillman?

Attached: 1564719831256.gif (180x255, 817K)

that looks fucking terrible

Report away, cunt, but the fact is
>posts Youtube video
>says fuck all about it
>implying that downscaled mess is "quality"
>wanting a different opinion on Yea Forums of all places
>expecting it NOT to be called shit
>your mother being a whore
>announcing you're reporting a post

So I'm right, you are a shill.
It looks really, really bad and I would rather drive a nail into my urethra than give myself simultaneous eye and brain cancer by watching that blurry, headache-inducing mess.

The first rude post has a part which can be classified as acceptable critique but yours unfortunately cannot, it's beyond ridiculous, completely useless and has also been reported due to extreme rudeness.

Correction the first post is 100% correct

looks pretty good, no gameplay though.

Advertising what game? The game is in it's infancy, it's work in progress, there's not even a workable demo. Posted an image, a link to video to hear opinions, normal opinions, on the style which hasn't exactly been done before.

I'll bite. What's the game supposed to be about? This footage makes it appear like a 2D walking sim.

It's not quite photorealistic. Impressive meant because it's quite photorealistic, yet entirely hand drawn, took a lot of time and effort.

>Hasn't exactly been done before
A nice big number of point and click adventures from the 90s called. They called you a filthy liar. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just passing it on.
They are right.

>Hear normal opinions on Yea Forums
Right, you want to browse lemonparty.com if you want constructive feedback. They have a game developer general there with pretty concise feedback. I think Notch went there once.

All right, not interested in any more rude comments/opinions, don't bother. Interested to hear critique by people who can control themselves and not be damn rude because they can hide behind anonymity.

Thank you for the first normal comment, nice to see someone here likes it :-). Yeah, no full gameplay yet, just small parts, still a long way to go.

>interested in critique
So it literally is your game.
It looks like shit
Stop downscaling actual photos and passing it off as pixel art. Learn to fucking animate because those walk cycles are atrocious
Literally just learn to do fucking anything before asking for critique because if you are resorting to scaling down cropped photos and rotating the pixels to animate them you probably don’t have any actual experience with art because otherwise you would have fucking drawn it in the first place.

Hehe, yeah, so far it's a walking sim but actually the game is copy/pasted from the website "The story revolves around a wealthy but very lonely and terminally ill boy, a physics prodigy who's built a time machine and will embark on an adventure across the cosmos, with his black cat, in search for the cure.

You can think of RAWconcrete as a spiritual successor to an old game called Heart of Darkness, a side-scroller released in 1998."

Just so you know you could have put together elements of stock images together and Photoshop could have converted them in under a second. If you hand drew this, you wasted your time.

He's patronising you, Oliver. I see you're not familiar with sarcasm.

Who the fuck posts their own work under the header "impressive"?

You are in for a rude awakening when this trash hits the market ESL-kun

About first, which ones have highly photorealistic (pixelated) graphics that is entirely hand drawn, no photos/photobashing used? Name one (for my information, if I'm wrong I'd like to know)? I seek constructive feedback everywhere, so why not here too. I get people can get nasty here but I assume at least few valuable critiques will pass through as well.

god I fucking love walking

thanks OP, this is just all I ever wanted out of a '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''game''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Heart of Darkness is the very last thing I think about when I look at this dogshit.

Because it is impressive, for the reasons already stated? You may like it or not, that's irrelevant, but what level artist has done here is impressive. Oh, let's just wait and see, shall we.

Sweet it’s a picture of nothing suggesting there is a game involved

I feel like you're Indian or some type of disgusting brown shaded foreigner just from the way you type. Kill yourself, you fucking shit stain. Don't advertise your terrible game here again, faggot.

Your opinion of the looks of your work is so high that it's obvious that you're wasting the player's time with that slow as balls walkcycle speed, to allow them to 'gaze' at your boring creation.

that shit isnt pixel art, and if it is, then its entirely pointless as the end result just looks like downscaled images.
The end result is not very good looking, and thats about it.

Some are completely missing the point that the game is in it's infancy and that the purpose of the post is opinions on graphics and fidelity of it, and nothing else. Others are throwing accusations about the nature of the done visuals mentioning downscaling of actual photos. Not the first nor the last time I guess. As always, a compliment to the game's level artist who put so much love and time into it,such a good job hi did in fact that even here some people think photobashing has been used.

now, the thing is, you are bringing attention to the visuals, something that is very mediocre as they are now, what does the game do that really makes it be different, or at least fill a niche?
Those visuals can be accepted if there is something else that is the reason why the player is playing the game.

This game is old as fuck, looks like shit now, and it looked like shit when it came out, but the gameplay was unique. More of a tech demo, but there was fun to be had in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ufzeiNAKjs4

The visuals are they way they are because there was no point for the dev to waste time and budget on that, if the final game was to showcase that style of gameplay.

>You can think of RAWconcrete as a spiritual successor to an old game called Heart of Darkness
this has to be bait

fuck, you are dense.
>As always, a compliment to the game's level artist who put so much love and time into it,such a good job hi did in fact that even here some people think photobashing has been used.

then he should have just photobashed it, dont you think?
Imagine I could make a really good animation, that could be mistaken for mocap, and I also have the resources to do mocap.
Then imagine that the project I am currently working on demands a very realistic animation.

Why would I not actually do mocap and waste time doing it by hand? I could get shit done faster and achieve the same result.

If the project was something that demanded good animation but outside of realism (Timesplitters Future Perfect for example) or something outside of mocap reach (animate a bear) then it would have to be done by hand.
Learn to manage your shit.

You're an actual idiot. You're not interested in critique in the slightest. Don't you think the reason people are shitting on it is that - maybe - they have a point?
If you wanted heat pats and hugs, you shouldn't have shilled so blatantly on Yea Forums.
And made something that didn't look like ass.

But the purpose of the post is opinions on visuals, are you able to understand that? Of course we're not focusing all our efforts on the visuals and not giving shit about the gameplay, the story etc. As you said, a game can have shitty graphics but be so fun to play. On the contrary, we worked hard to come up with an interesting game mechanics, the combat system, the result is a quite original or fresh concept and now we're about to start realization of. We should have a proof of concept in about 1-3 months. So, as with the visuals, we try to innovate with other aspects of the game. And lastly, the bait thing, what are you talking about? HOD has many similarities with what we envisioned for this game.

Not bad but fuck you

Attached: OP_is_a_fag.gif (150x148, 930K)

Take this back to your team: the reason why I have decided to never buy your game isn't that it looks like ass. It's because one of its team members is an arrogant asshole with no concept of what the word critique means and blatantly advertised his shit on Yea Forums of all fucking places. You have a hundred people telling you a majority opinion and you're not deaf to it - you're dismissive. That's the issue. You're dumping marketing talk, saying how things are "interesting" and "fresh" with the mechanics. Is that anything to do with the aesthetic? No.

A bad dev can sink an entire project. Look at Mother 4. Ironically they shilled hard here as well, fought everyone who said the slightest bad thing and as a result turned a lot of people off.

And the "bait thing" you asked about with the other guy? He's saying that you can't not be this self-aware.

this looks like dogshit

Shut the fuck up. Go keep working.

try reading all OPs posts in a poo in loo accent. Make sure to capture all his grammatical and spelling errors too

its worth a laugh

My last post here and then I'm gone, let's not waste each others time anymore, rather cut it. No, he shouldn't have just photobashed it because on this pixelated scale you can't, you can't create assets or props by cutting from images and downscaling. We tried, doesn't work, needs a lot of fixing and turned out it's better and faster to do it by hand from the get go, and above all it isn't as appealing as when done by hand. That's a fact. I get your point but I'm telling you, doesn't work in practice. I beg to differ but never mind. I accept that the post should have been more descriptive or more obvious in what it wanted from people (I though the header would be enough to start conversation, civil one, about the visuals but guess I was wrong and I may've posted a clone post before, couldn't find it after posting so thought trying again so posted this one, and I thought that was the reason for all this negativity). Anyway, despite most of you guys savaging and swearing and just been overly rude, while I was trying not to offend anyone, opinions were given and I appreciate the time you all took, to even talk shit about the game that isn't a game yet. "Shilling", nor advertasing nor selling anything was the intention, just opinions on the game's visual style.

holy, shit, you, use, a lot of, commas, you sound, like a , fucking passive, aggressive, retard.

Pretty enjoyable.

>but we just wanted opinions on the visuals!
And that’s exactly what you got
It looks like shit

, , , , , , ,

rain world is one of the most beautiful pixel games I have ever played

Trust me, the team doesn't care the slightest what you and others like you have to say in the extremely rude way you said it, nor would any other sane developer, of anything. Marketing talk? I was brought by the comment which suggested all we seem to solely care about is graphics, to mention that isn't the case and that we do care a lot about other aspects of the game. Sorry for taking the time clarifying to that. I'm fighting here everyone WHO SAYS THE SLIGHTEST BAD THING? The hell are you talking about, go check the comments from start to end, please. Find me the one "slightest bad thing". All I see is extreme rudeness. Maybe provoked at first, fine, but I clarified by now the intention and the rudeness doesn't really stop. I absolutely accept and have accepted that some people won't find this style appealing, and that's fine, it's just the way it is. The very first comment says it's not appealing. Not the first one, it's fine, why I'm here. The only issue I have with it and others is the rudeness, and jumping to conclusions. I posted on Yea Forums before looking for opinions and it went fine, people were civil and some liked it, others didn't. I really hope this is my last post, no point to argue anymore.

>My last post here and then I'm gone.
Fuck, off, you, illiterate, retard.

there's really nothing impressive about this. It's just slightly pixel-filtered photos with incredibly poorly composited hand-done edits. the animation is minimal and yet still hilariously awful. there's no sign of gameplay.

IOW you might have 'GOTYAY' on your hands, if you can appropriately pander to the cultural marxists.

I hear you, it is quite beautiful, yes.

I already explained that no photos were used and gave clear reasons why so. I also explained why it objectively is impressive precisely for the reason no photos were used (there are few things in the scenes which have photo pieces left but are wip and photos were used as a reference). Main character animation is awful, that's true, that's a fine critique, work in progress, we'll fix it some time later.

This wasn't hand drawn. Clearly photos were used. Please do not lie on the Internet.

Soulless
Looks more like he took a drawing and smeared some shit filter onto it.

OP here, disregard that, I suck cocks.

Not sure if sarcasm or not, already "accused" of not getting one. Let's assume you're serious. Why would we do that, lie? You think the players would care if photos have been used or not, so long as the result is good? I think not. If indeed serious, I'll take it you agree that the word impressive in the header should be there, and isn't result of arrogance or whatever. If you look closely (there's a zoom slider on the game's website for posted images, if you care to check) you'll see it's quite photorealistic but not fully. Our level artist is very skilled in photorealism (over 10 years) but he can't make things fully photorealistic. After some closer inspection anyone can see it's indeed all hand drawn.

>The first rude post has a part which can be classified as acceptable critique but yours unfortunately cannot, it's beyond ridiculous, completely useless and has also been reported due to extreme rudeness.
Lol
What country are you from OP

>Why would we do that, lie?
Yeah, why would someone lie on the internet? Preposterous, such a thing has never been recorded in the annals of internet history.

What a garbage thread, let it die.

even if that's true (it isn't) why the fuck would you even show off an artist that's really good at drawing photorealistic shit
why the fuck would someone spend 10 years of their life mastering the art of drawing something that's really close to photographs but looks a tiny bit shittier when even a 50 IQ retard can point a camera at something and press a button for a better result
and more importantly why the fuck would you hire the guy to make the blandest looking thing I've seen in years

it looks like a really shitty flash game, "photo realistic" pixelart sucks and just looks like you scaled down a photograph

Slow, ugly, bad animation that doesn't go well with the "style".

it looks bad, no one cares how it was done if it looks bad, you think people will pay more for a chair that's ugly if you tell them it was done by some stupidly skilled old japanese artist?

You wouldn't be getting these kinds of replies if this was a "what game are you working on?" thread.

Yes, he wouldn't be getting replies at all.

OP, this was a feeble attempt to shill your game. Learn to take criticism to improve your work instead of making excuses. The pixel art in this game although nice and photo realistic, its a waste of time as you could do the same with a downscale picture. Additionally, adding the word "impressive" in your tittle put people off. If your work is truly impressive, let it do the talking and allow people to form an opinion on their own.

OP, if you want people to take a look at your game and give you positive feedback you'll have to learn a few things. First, you should post in appropriate threads like the "amateur game dev" on /vg/. Also more importantly, understand that you have the charisma of a bag of brick and can't type for shit. Maybe get someone else to advertise your project.

is this nigga trolling or genuinely retarded

Newfag sighted

Just go ask lemonparty.com forums for feedback. Yea Forums doesn’t play games.

this

rain world looks better

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

looks like shit

Look, it was an attempt to hear opinions on the unusual visual style of the game, game that is far from finished, so far. Nothing else because there isn't much else to ask opinions for, nor to advertise nor to sell. People misunderstood it for shilling or whatever and entered rage mode.If that's shilling, then fine, I'm guilty. I already accepted the mistake of not say adding a sentence "What do you guys think of the visuals?" or similar. Not sure if that would change anything. Maybe the category is wrong but this is video games and this is a game. I do take criticism quite well, should be obvious by now, but we can't really say the same for others can we, otherwise they would cut with the swearing when corrected about an aspect or two about the game or after I admitted not so great approach .I'm telling you as I told the others, may seem like a waste of time to do it all by hand but it isn't because on this pixelated scale you can't, you can't create assets or props by cutting from images and downscaling. We tried, doesn't work, needs a lot of fixing and turned out it's better and faster to do it by hand from the get go, and above all it isn't as appealing as when done by hand. Just doesn't work in practice, sadly. May work for higher resolution game graphics but, for such pixelated, not really. Since our artist has lots of experience in photorealism (he's well know in the entertainment industry btw) it was easier for him to do assets from scratch, by hand. He's got so fast now it's amazing. And finally and I hope for the last time I explain why impressive in the title, because it objectively is for just explained reasons, looks quite photorealistic and as if photos were downscalled, but it isn't, entirely hand drawn. Few people if at all tried this before. But I get you, and agree that usually praising your own work is annoying and off putting.

Time to save the thread
youtu.be/tTLHZh9IzAE

Attached: ddrr.gif (540x414, 671K)

Ok people, so, most of you don't like the style, looks shitty to you, absolutely fine (though I suspect some of you may think otherwise but to punish me, it's shitty). I see few liking it, which is nice, or at least recognizing the quality and effort put. I hope the nature of the visuals and how it is in essence done is clear by now. One last thing, is curious (looking by the dislikes on the video), if I'm correct, I could've been someone who's not in the team and has nothing to do with the game, but want it trashed for whatever reason, and you guys would've bite the quality made bait...just sayin