They fucking did it. They killed their own game with just a single patch...

They fucking did it. They killed their own game with just a single patch. It's only a matter of time until the playerbase dips and online is pretty much unplayable. People aren't going to tolerate Hero for much longer, there's just no fucking way.

They just took Smash Ultimate out back and put it down like a horse with a broken leg. Christ almighty.

Attached: super-smash-btros-ultimate---button-0001-1528851298611.jpg.jpg (2000x2000, 715K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KdhvjcB
twitter.com/UR2SLOW_/status/1156802970979393536
youtu.be/rVF-Bty2cZk
clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveRenownedRuffDxCat
youtube.com/watch?v=rVF-Bty2cZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hoes mad

I am maining Hero

Yes, I'm mad that my once-favorite game is going to fucking die because of poor balancing decisions.

I don't care about Hero. Hero is fine in himself. It's his fucking moveset that's the problem.

I don't play Smash. Why is this patch such a big deal?

what happened?

>be bad
>lose

AHHH THIS FUCKING PATCH THE META IS RUINED

The only remotely stupid thing about hero is the crits which will be deservedly nerfed (you shouldn't be able to crit shields, for example)

Gitgud

They added a new character that can, quite literally, OHKO the entire cast.
It doesn't matter if it's "balanced" or not. Nobody is going to tolerate this. It's going to get frustrating to deal with him, and everyone is going to quit in droves.

You fuckers do this every single goddamn time they add a new character. You could always learn the matchup, but that would take time away from your "cry like a bitch" time.

Attached: 1557421543223.jpg (927x1024, 66K)

The game has played like shit since it launched. It's like Street Fighter V before they reduced input delay, which Smash apparently can't be arsed to do because it's a baby game on an underpowered handheld.

>having earthly desires or connections to the physical realm
Lmaoing @ ur life
Hero is a "broken" character because in the 3 days he has been out people have not figured out how to counter him.

Way to overstate things
Get a grip dude

THE CHARACTER
LITERALLY
FUCKING LITERALLY
HAS A ONE HIT KILL MOVE

THIS IS FUCKING BLIZZARD LEVELS OF BALANCING

Attached: 1553177535388.jpg (671x739, 64K)

>You fuckers do this every single goddamn time they add a new character.
Not with Joker. Everyone thought he would just be mid tier.

And I’m pretty sure no one mentioned Ryu, Cloud, and Corrin when they released (they obviously did when Bayonetta was released, who was obviously broken as hell, kind of like the Hero).

>THE CHARACTER
>LITERALLY
>FUCKING LITERALLY
>HAS A ONE HIT KILL MOVE
He has multiple One Hit Kills. And its not just Thwack and Whack either.
Someone post the video of Snake getting killed at 0% after a shield break.

Ryu was too complex for anyone playing Smash to bother with, Cloud was being doubted until Climhazzard recovery was optimized, Corrin had his two common complaints addressed (uair strength and counter strength)

I don't understand why people who care about high level play in fighting games would end up choosing fucking smash bros as the game they sink their time into. It's laughable to me. Meanwhile people who play street fighter and tekken are getting all the actual credibility and money.

Attached: 2x_critical_hit.webm (1280x720, 1.4M)

Who gives a shit about credibility and money? Competitive Smash is fun.

Because a game where Solid Snake can fight Pikachu is a reality.

Would the first smash have broken his shield if it wasn't a crit?

because when I host a street fighter tournament 3 people show up and when I host a smash tournament 20+ people show up

Crits don't have increased shield damage. It was a combination of Oomph and Psyche up, the Snake was just a moron and tried to shield the damage of a Volcano axe kick equivalent attack.

Oh, Leffen band-wagoners.

Yeah, this game isn't gonna see 2020. I don't think people will even care about Banjo when he hits. People are just gonna get too frustrate and drop the game.

Attached: 01c.png (600x400, 261K)

>They killed their own game with just a single patch
Stop being a bitch. Hero is small time and smash will be fine. You don't know anything about a game being killed over shit balance. Hero isn't even top tier you faggots.

Attached: Mario-Tennis-Aces.jpg (720x480, 144K)

The shield break was a non-crit oomphed psyched-up fsmash which will always break shield. If you see a hero fishing for both those spells he's gonna get smash spammy because the reward is much higher.

Snake was gonna die anyway because a full charged oomphed fsmash would've killed at ledge at 0% anyway. Snake was playing the MU well then he put himself in a bad spot so I can't really sympathize with the player.

Gotta hand it to Sakurai; he's really fun to play. In the end I don't give a rat's ass about Joker because he's an uninteresting bore of a caharacter. Hero has flavor and I love it.

Attached: sakuraiplays.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

>Snake was gonna die anyway because a full charged oomphed fsmash would've killed at ledge at 0%

Nah, i've done this and it will do about 40% and doesn't have enough knockback, especcially against a heavy like snake. If it would, I would agree that Hero is a problem. Now if Hero had gone into the menu and used Hatchet man while Oomph was up, yeah, that would kill.

>Not with Joker. Everyone thought he would just be mid tier.
You are fucking full of shit.

>Allowing Hero to have both buffs up
>Playing on the ground where he can fish for smashes while he has both buffs up

It just fucking baffles me that there are people unironically defending this shit. Like, this isn't balanced. This will NEVER be balanced. Sorry, try again Sakurai, because you failed.

Attached: 1555282380595.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

>Nah, i've done this and it will do about 40% and doesn't have enough knockback
Oh my bad then, but yeah it's more optimal to either fish for hatchet man or another psyche-up.

That being said, that MU should be in Snake's favor.

Boy, I'm getting Smash 4 Little Mac flashbacks.

It fucking baffles me how bad you are.

I fought like an hours worth of heros online and and only lost twice and I play fucking kirby online git gud

the people you talk about don't keep the game afloat you know.

The actual state of smashfags

Yeah, he was a total moron. Everything in Snake's kit allows him to make sure Hero isn't opening his menu unless he's in advantage state. Snake never has to shield a smash attack either because all of his normals easily beat it out. He could have gotten a free up tilt there. Hero just has some really poor match ups and so far I feel like a lot of my kills are just down to luck against them. They will win easily if they can just keep the pressure on and I can't find a way to get into advantage state.

He's not balanced but considering how lucky you need to be to actually get all the shit needed to pull of said OHKO he's not exactly OP.

Hero is inconsistent. You CAN get Oomph, Psyche Up's, Magic Burst and Random Crit's BUT you can also get a bunch of meh to outright useless dealing moves and the fact you need to sit your ass still to get said moves, rushdown characters can very easily shut him down.

You retards thought K. Rool was broken too.

Oh he's bottom tier? What the heck? But I saw so many youtube thumbnails...

You all are just bad at the game. LOL

>Everyone bitches about his down spec
>When his neutral and side specs are way better anyways

hoes mad
discord.gg/KdhvjcB

Attached: fufi4.jpg (469x523, 54K)

>crying about balance in a kids party game
I'll take have sex for a hundred Alex.

These same pros who want to ban hero sure as fuck dragged their feet to ban metaknight and bayonetta. His rng jank can't and won't carry him fat enough to matter.

Attached: Doffy chuckle.gif (500x281, 1.98M)

Death to competitive smash. These autistic pathetic manchildren deserve everything they get. I'm filled with pure mirth everytime I see Hungryfag and mew2autism brought to tears over a party game. These people are sad. Playing one game their whole life and being filthy secondaries to every single franchise in the game

>WAAAH SAY IM RIGHT ALREADY.

hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha

Is there anyone that's unironically still struggling with Hero? At this point he's basically a low tier matchup you can just bully.
>no approach options other than neutral and forward air; both can be shielded
>strong attacks are super slow and telegraphed, requiring hard reads to connect
>decent projectiles, but his MP bar prevents them from being spammed, meaning he can't even zone very well
The few Heroes I saw last night were easy wins. By this time next week he'll be the new K Rool, "broken OP needs a nerf until you've learned the matchup."

>Kazap kills mid stage at 40%
>Kafrizz kills slightly left or right at 50% on all mid weight characters
>Kaswoosh kills on the ground at 100% on light weights, less if they chased Hero into the air

He's got some good options, held back mostly by MP costs. He's a character that you'll have to closely watch how much MP he has, because the second you catch him throwing out fully charged B and Side B, you should be throwing him off the stage and forcing him to try to recover. His MP isn't lasting much longer and a deep recover with Kaswoosh is actually rather predictable. Had plenty of people spike me, either while charging it or rising.

Fucking THIS.
This shit happens LITERALLY everytime a new character is introduced
>Ridley can deal 60% in one move? WTF he's so OP!
>K. Rool is a super-heavy with projectiles and good recovery? WTF he's so OP!
>Simon and Richter have one of the longest reaching weapons and nearly all specials are spammable projectiles? WTF he's so OP!
>Joker gets Arsene? WTF He's so OP!
>Little Mac gets a meter that allows him to KO most anyone at 40%? WTF he's so OP!
Here's the sad truth:
A)You can almost never really tell a characters true potential and weakness in just a month let alone 3 days
B)None of you are good enough to be able to give good balancing advice
It's fags like all of you that convinced Sakurai to nerf Lil' Mac over and over in Smash 4.

Attached: people like you.jpg (947x734, 122K)

How do we save Smash from the tourneyfag scene? Imagine how much fun this game could be. 64 had no tourney scene and was by far the most fun to play.

Attached: Camwhores.jpg (1311x942, 273K)

What's unbalanced about him? Ganondorf has stronger smash attacks than Hero's crits, is Ganondorf unbalanced? Samus's Charage Shot and Super Missiles hit as hard as Hero's magic, is Samus unbalanced? Link can use bomb jumps to recover as well as Hero's Zoom, and in general most of Hero's sword attacks are roughly the same as Link's, is Link unbalanced? Hero does nothing no other character doesn't already do. Yes you could make the argument he has a more complete package, but I don't think it's overwhelming at all. Honestly my suggestion would be go play Hero. One of the easiest ways to learn a character's weakness is to play as him and see what you lose to, then when you're playing your other characters try to exploit those weaknesses.

>snake, with all his projectiles amd frame 1 grenades, somehow let Hero have two buffs up at the same time when he could've and should've attacked him while he was using the menu
>snake even playing on the ground at all against a hard hitter like Hero
The Snake was outplayed. The crit was unfortunate, yes, i don't like the crits myself, but if you allow the enemy to gain those buffs then it's kind of on you. This isn't quite like Bayonetta in Sm4sh that you can only hope to run away and not get the touch of death. Either get in Hero's face with a rushdown or zone him the fuck out. Learn the matchup and never give him a chance to pull a single spell up.

Little Mac is a poorly designed character. Anytime a character can do very well against low level players, but has such glaring weaknesses he immediately loses to high level players, you're going to have a problem. You can't nerf him, because it would make him lose even more at high level play, but you can't buff him either because low level players would lose even more. Min/maxed characters are bad ideas in fighting games.

Absolute shitter

Actual big brain here.
Using Hero's menu is really risky and it isn't consistent enough to plan around.

If there is one thing I do thing is a bit much is that his side special is too good that there really is no reason to choose a menu spell over it unless you want to risk getting Oomph/Psyche Up.

>mew2autism
Jesus, I didn’t realize how genuinely autistic he actually is until I saw a few YouTube videos of him. He rocks back and forth like he should be in a straight jacket. The absolute fucking state of mental health care in America is abysmal, and it all started when we did away with insane asylums.

I know but tell that to first month playing Smash 4 Yea Forums.

>The absolute fucking state of mental health care in America is abysmal
>Because a man rocks back and forth in a chair

Do you also complain about the downfall of Western civilization when you see someone playing a handheld in public too?

This, Snake literally runs away to the opposite end of the arena and Hero just buffs himself, god forbid Snake have to do anything but run away chucking nades.

sakurai reminded the smash autists once again that smash is a casual party game for kids, not a serious competitive game.

Dawg just jump behind him.

You fuckers said the exact same shit when Leo started winning with Joker, give it a break.

Hero is not broken, he has terrible normals, and possibly the worst up smash.
His down B isn't that good, he is stationary and you can adjust accordingly unless he gets magic burst, then it's over.
Full charge Side B should not be able to kill if you are hanging from the ledge because the animation doesn't show it anywhere near the ledge, AND it eliminates: Jump, attack get up, normal get up, and Roll. Side B is kinda stupid.
The fact that Smash online lets player choose only FD as thier choice stage makes him better online than he actually is.

>Not with Joker. Everyone thought he would just be mid tier.
when joker came out, you autists screeched that "HE'S LOW TIER, GARBAGE, WASTE OF A SLOT, SHOULD HAVE BEEN GENOOOOO!!!"
then as soon as someone won a tournament with joker, the narrative switched to "HE'S TOO OP, HE'S PAY-TO-WIN, NERF HIM NOW NOW NOW!!!"

>Worst up smash

Nah.getting a crit on someone standing on a platform above you is the best feeling e he r

Why are people so entitled? Just git gud and you'll be dropping people no matter which character they pick.

Attached: Monster_Girl.jpg (2048x1363, 223K)

Hero is by no means broken or OP. Get in his face and attack every time he so much as thinks about using the spell menu, or shoot him from a distance. If you fail this and he gets a spell like Bounce, Acceleratle, or one or both of the buffs, camp him out. Wait until the buff wears off and resume pestering him either with quick melee attacks or with zoning. Don't let him breathe.
Of course, I don't like his crits at all and his sideb is kind of busted for edgeguarding. I wouldn't mind if they changed those things, but he's easy to fight if you don't run into those two problems. Don't eat a smash attack above 20% and be patient when taking ledge.

Basically he's whining that if you get the perfect alignment of RNG (Oomph + Psych up + Critical hit) that requires an insane amount of set up for a fast paced game like smash you can land a OHKO.

>lose because of RNG
>lmao you're so bad

Menu has a bit of manipulation because spells don't show up twice in a row. So you can start to get a feel for what spells should show up because of how rare certain ones are compared to others.

Like say that you open it and you got Kamikaze, Oomph, Zoom and Kacrackle Slash. You have more chance of opening the menu a second time and getting Psyche up, Flame Slash, Sizz and Heal compared to say Hocus Pocus, Magic Burst, Metal Slash and Kaboom. So best thing to do is try to find time to prep the menu, it's not just enough to see what spells you want to use, you have to remember which aren't going to show up again on reopening.

It's still not terribly consistent, but the level of hard randomness is going down.

Wow, it's almost like Yea Forums is a website filled with idiots who eagerly shit on every single popular thing and hold no genuine opinions.

Attached: 1554537997512.gif (260x260, 1.66M)

See you would be right except for one thing.

Just about everyone in the fanbase enjoys the character.

Yea Forums is not one person.

Attached: 1564366036208.jpg (640x763, 71K)

Uhh, no they don't? Everyone is complaining about Hero in droves. There's literally a petition to get him removed from the game.

>Do you also complain about the downfall of Western civilization
No, I contribute to the downfall by shitposting

So because the Snake player was retarded, allowed Hero to put up two buffs, and never tried to actually attack or KO him, this means Hero is "broken".

You people are dumber than the dogshit you eat.

>posts hero getting kills at 0% due to sheer chance
>WELL WHY DIDNT YOU JUST PLAY PERFECTLY????

Maybe I shouldn't have to play perfectly to beat my opponent who's playing like absolute garbage and got lucky????

sure, if you ignore the 24/7 meltdowns and the competitivefags trying to get him banned.

>possibly the worst up smash.
It is the worst in the game. No other up smash doesn't hit someone right next to you on the ground, even if it's just a sour spot. The sad thing is it's actually his biggest damage dealing attack. If you can Oomph, Psyche up, it kills at 20% with no crit, on everyone. It will deal 60% damage and it has a decent set up at that percent too with falling up air into it. Sure, you won't have the psyche up for that, but Oomph Up Smash is still dealing 35% damage uncharged and then a 1/8th chance of a crit for double damage.

Not even that. The guy’s completely retarded, since I figured out the counter to Hero within a few hours. He probably just plays other swordies and can’t adjust his playstyle to match

I noticed this too but the amount of spells there are, how spells can keep reappearing the third time, needing to quickly read your options and remember them still make them inconsistent and hard to plan around.

I thought Pacman took big brains to play. Hero you basically have to play 4D chess while not being allowed to see what pieces you're moving.

>getting hit by a stationary character
Holy shit the absolute state of smash fags
If this does “kill smash” fucking good, now all you pathetic losers can go shower and learn a real fighting game

Hero is a character that punishes bad players. Get better and stop complaining.

hoes mad

>>lose because of RNG
You need like three layers of RNG and the time to use them to pull it off. If you lose because of that then it's your own fault.

Sakurai! This character is too FUN and INTERESTING!

Your fault for letting him get a spell. I bet you let Samus charge her shot and Inkling refill her ink and complain when you eat shit later for it, too. If someone is standing there, for whatever reason, and you know they can't move or attack or defend themselves, you need to be the one to approach and punish them (or shoot them).

He rewards bad players by letting them win by absolute chance.

>AWWW CAMAHN!!! NUTTIN' I COULD DO, DOOD! I'M PRESSING BUTTONS! THIS GUY'S A FUCKING SCRUB GETTING LUCKY!

>Play perfectly
>All you need to do stay away from the edge and rush him down and not let him the opportunity to use the menu
You're an actual shitter.

Side special is admittedly bullshit though.

Fuck you! It's never my fault! It's the game's fault! If the game was fair then I'd win 100% of the time!

>approach
>get hit by a spell
>"lmao why did you just run into him????"

Tourneyfags do not represent even so much as 1% of the people who play Smash.

Angry shitter's aside Hero is by and far the best (in terms of fun and uniqueness) sword user in the whole game.

Is DQ this fun?

Attached: 96443AEF-785D-4E26-BD79-2D739AE6248B.png (1200x675, 1.08M)

>and possibly the worst up smash

Hero killing Charizard at 28% with an uncharged upsmash

twitter.com/UR2SLOW_/status/1156802970979393536

hero is only hard to beat if youre playing ditto or they get retardedly lucky. which if they do it becomes a funny match.

his moveset is the best thing that has happened to smash in a long fucking time. bless herochads and bless samurai

>They killed their own game with just a single patch
autistic rosterfagging will bring it back to life

DQ is every jprg you've ever played minus whatever features or gimmicks added to make it interesting.

>Is DQ this fun?
Eh, it's kind of a generic RPG unless you're playing 9

>Every single spell needs to be charged or has some wait time
>Slowly walk up to him
>Get hit
I don't think you understand how bad you actually are.

hero is like the biggest character in the roster who hates characters who will always be in his face and won't give him a chance to do his down B shenanigans and his attacks are far frommfast

God I hope they don't patch it out. We've been robbed of fun before but no more.

Attached: 1413546998489sma.webm (512x512, 996K)

>projecting this hard

Mr. Game & Watch has been able to kill everyone at very early percents with RNG since Melee, with three times less setup than Hero. Yet nobody every complained.

>approach and risk getting magic bursted
>camp and risk him getting buffs

So he's exactly like Peach and G&W.

it's a children's party game

it will continue being one of the most popular Nintendo games of the Switch hardware generation for years upon years.

The autistic "competitive" Smash "community" will just figure out whatever gay arbitrary rules they want to enforce to suck the fun out of the game. Any DLC characters have no impact, they'll just ban them like the faggots they are. Here's to hoping Evo 2019 ends just like 2018 for Smash and that Tekken 7 turns into return of the Qudans.

Attached: incineroar my hero academia mha.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

For Ultimates newcomers, Incineroar and Ridleys combat designs feel like they were conceived in Melee and Brawl instead of the Smash 4 DLC-and-beyond gimmick fests

Figures they're my favorite to play as and against

Attached: 1551055498679.jpg (604x604, 133K)

Move faster then, idiot. Or like i said, shoot him if you have a projectile. The Snake in the webm earlier for example had a choice between grenade spam, Nikita, or Snake's retarded dash attack that would've taken priority over anything Hero's spells could do except self destruct (which kills him) or magic burst (which drains his mp, making it harder for him to recover and near impossible to use his specials).
I have not lost to a single hero yet since release and I've been playing everyday since. With a zoner or rushdown, he ain't shit.

Who let their grandpa into smash? It's too dangerous for him to be here.

RNG on one close range move isn't nearly the same as Heros bullshit and you know it.

You can't read?

Incineroar bros where we at

I admit it I was one of those homos who fell for the Grinch shit but once I actually got to play the big man Incin I couldn't stop loving him.

Attached: incineroar.png (500x309, 171K)

>I-I should be allowed to play football while standing on my hands and still play on the same level as everyone else! Fix your game Sakurai!

Attached: p.png (1318x899, 123K)

>kills game day of EVO

HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT
LUL

It's not the worst in terms of damage, it's actually the best in the game for that. It deals about 20% damage on uncharged, I think only tipped Marth up smash deals similar uncharged damage. Then it crits and deals double damage and 1.5x normal knockback on top of that damage. It kills stupid early on all the cast.

The problem is for all that damage potential, Hero has no hit box to the sides of him, so he can't hit you unless you are in shield and he has to rely on an up air set up to get it off from the ground, which is possible, it's a 6 frame attack, but it's completely unsafe on shield.

>Every single spell needs to be charged or has some wait time
It's called "rushdown" sweaty. Maybe stop playing like a coward or start landing your hits.

It literally doesn't need Oomph or Psych Up for at least half the cast. A crit is all he needs even from middle of the stage. The problem is basically every smash attack he has is now G&W's Judgement but with no additional risk and he can only get something good, not to mention all of his smashes have far bigger hitboxes, active frames, and more consistent setups than Judgement does. It's either a regular smash or he gets a 9.

It's like fighting a heavy who doesn't have the same drawbacks as most heavies. Against a heavy, it only takes a few small mistakes and you lose a stock because they hit so fucking hard. With Hero, it can literally only take one single mistake and your stock is gone. It won't be every time, obviously, but the rate at which crits come out is definitely higher than G&W getting a 9 so even if you were at 0% or an otherwise very low percent, you could still lose that stock to the smallest mistake even though under any other circumstance, you could have recovered from it and reset back to neutral.

Shoot him with a projectile. Jump over him and do an aerial in case he gets a spell instead of a buff. Foxtrot towards him and wait for his spell to go away and then go for a grab. It's not impossible. You keep making up excuses but you only really have yourself to blame if you don't do anything. This isn't Bayonetta from Sm4sh. Get in there and punish him for pulling menu.

>Playing hero
>Match starts
>Knock opponent off stage with random crit
>They miraculously don't die
>While they make their way back I can either smack them with my powerful basic attacks, use my superb special attacks or browse through a litany of spells that can cement my victory through buffs a heal and absurd spells that can instantly kill the enemy or myself

Joker was never close to being this bad. I'd be less annoyed if he was lighter. He's surprisingly heavy.

Attached: image0.gif (660x371, 1014K)

It was a port in the first place. It's only fitting it went the same course as Bayonetta.

>hero comes out
>start demolishing my friend with hero
>wtf man this character is totally bullshit
>agree to let him play hero against me while I try to figure out strategies that beat him
>beat him every time with every character from donkey kong to samus

complainers are just shitters

There's literally no situation where Heros RNG "doesnt count" to you guys. You think it's okay for someone to kill at zero just by getting lucky because the other player only played 99.99% perfectly.

These people are 14 years old, they don’t remember Brawl.

>It was a port in the first place
You people are like dogs with old socks, refusing to let go of something tired and worn-out.

Nerf his mp regen to not naturally recover while he is on the ground or shielding so he doesn't have an incentive to run away and change magic burst so that it charges then lets out a single pulse rather than working like a massive smart bomb. If you are in the air even if you can read that he is going to use magic burst and immediately prepare to avoid it is impossible to dodge for nearly all the cast and at 80%+ it is almost a guaranteed stock especially if you are caught offstage and he can cover the ledge. Everything else can be reacted to the only way to be caught off guard is for them to pop a down b without even looking and that not a tactic that is going to stick as time goes on.

>Competitivefags
Based Sakurai putting you retards in your place.

i honestly hope smashfags get their wish and sakurai retires... only for smash to be given to the retards who made mvci. then maybe they'll finally appreciate sakurai.

Crits are dumb I'll give you that. But his whole kit and much of his success relying on RNG is ultimately a negative.

Even with the crits he's not OP or even top tier.
You may as well complain G&W is OP.

Hey, sounds like G&W's Judgment and Peach's Vegetables. You babies ban items and all stages except FD because of "hurr luck and randomness", why haven't you banned PEach and G&W as well?

>projectile

He can avoid it and then get a buff

>jump and aerial

Risk of him leaving the menu and tilting, or getting magic burst kamikaze

Reality is no matter what you're doing there's a chance hero will kill you because of rng.

>tfw didn't buy Joker or Hero and I only play couch multiplayer
feels fucking fantastic

What sort of idiot gets hit by a smash attack at the start pf a match?

>He can avoid it and then get a buff
You do know closing the spell menu changes the spells, right?

>uses same game system as a base
>literally no differences besides graphics sheen and new characters
seethe, cope, dilate
It's stayed around because it's true

>STOP HAVING FUN, RNG ELEMENTS ARE NOT FAIR. I WOULD KNOW, I PLAY COMPETITIVELY
Smashfags.

The idiots screaming and pooping themselves over Hero.

Is there any depth Waluigifags won't sink to? Be glad you even got an assist trophy.

Attached: sakurai-harassment.png (1038x576, 577K)

>You think it's okay for someone to kill at zero just by getting lucky
They'd have to get extremely lucky to kill at 0 and have an absolutely retarded opponent too.

I completely agree. He’s the only Swordfighter I actually enjoy playing as or against. The stupid stuff that happens is too entertaining. I don’t rage at unfortunate crits (as much as they should be reigned in).

Having one move around rng isn't the same as having an entire character around rng.

I'm sorry that you finally found a character that you can win with but you cant argue that it's because you're better

>only played 99.99% perfectly
Face it, withouts RNG crits and down B, Hero would be low-tier.
The RNG is a tradeoff.
Currently he's about high mid-tier. If you are the better player, it shouldn't matter if he gets lucky for one stock out of 3.

RNG characters in fighting games aren't super new and none of them have ever been considered super great or tourney viable.

At the end of the day it's always better to have a fighter that is consistently powerful then a character that is occasionally extremely OP and sometimes isn't in random variables.

>approach and risk getting magic bursted
Just continue rushing through if your character has good run speed. MB start up is long and the actual hit box doesn't come out until frame 28 or something stupid like that. Fucking HERO can interrupt it with his attacks that take ages to come out, means anyone in the cast baring Incineroar can rush in, hit him once and nothing happens and he doesn't have magic. Or if you aren't confident in your attack connecting, just shield. MB can't break shields even at 100MP

The only times you should be worried about MB is in recovery, or when you are stupidly in the air, like directly above him.

If a game doesn't contain RNG elements then it's not a game. It's just a foregone conclusion.

It's not like tripping where you just die despite playing well. If you're getting hit by fucking smash attacks then you fucked up regardless of the RNG.

>has nothing except proven lies and Yea Forums's obsession and infatuation with trannies
I remember when Yea Forumsirgins actually discussed and debated. Now you brainless sheep just parrot whatever memes and strut around like you won something.

>camp
you deserve all the pain

>They fucking did it. They killed their own game with just a single patch.
If this is about Hero, the only big deal you have to go know is how to avoid Oomph + Psyche Up smash attacks, because they are indeed kinda bullshit, but otherwise, Hero is damn slow, has a ton of counters and will probably end up in mid-tier at best, if not nerfed beforehand.
>It's only a matter of time until the playerbase dips and online is pretty much unplayable.
And that doesn't already happen with plenty of weird bullshit people dealt with when Plant, K.Rool, Joker and some more top tiers were added? Oh please
>People aren't going to tolerate Hero for much longer, there's just no fucking way.
And hey, looks like you don't seem to remember how bad things got when Bayonetta was added, especially because of how the game stopped getting updated and people were getting tired of an already bad game like Sm4sh.
>They just took Smash Ultimate out back and put it down like a horse with a broken leg. Christ almighty.
You're just parroting the same bullshit Leffen said, fuck off.

Attached: IMG_20190607_110143.jpg (1080x592, 57K)

>Hero is RNG-based OP
>Turn on items while playing online
>Exclusively camp opponents out with items

Hey, it's what Sakurai wants.

Attached: shakeit.gif (500x600, 130K)

Even if Hero was the worst character in the game by far itd still be bad design.

>Crits don't have increased shield damage
They most certainly do. I occasionally get a full second of shieldstun from blocking a smash attack

I hope banjo is good but not too good

Attached: 1516410761403.jpg (757x408, 124K)

>seethe, cope, dilate
Nice retardspeak.

>Having one move around rng isn't the same as having an entire character around rng.
I thought ALL rng was bad, that's why you ban stages with easy-to-avoid and massively-telegraphed hazards. Also why didn't you ban Meta Knight back in Brawl and Bayonetta back in 4?

>Play couch
>Not getting Hero
Joker is more of a tourneyfag character but Hero is absolutely fantastic for that.

I don't want to sound like a shill but he's literally the only time I ever had fun with a sword user.

>He didn't expect the DLC characters to be OP
Lmao did you not learn anything from Smash 4

>each dlc character is more broken than the last
lmfao, at least Bardock was the first dlc character

>The only times you should be worried about MB is in recovery, or when you are stupidly in the air, like directly above him.
And that's where everyone is when fighting such a cheap character like Hero, if they haven't already lost the match from the crits.

Ignoring competitivefags is good yes

Coming from a Smash player, the irony

Let's be honest here; people are just mad because americans hate Dragon Quest. The only scenario where people wouldn't bitch is if Banjo was this OP RNG-sus demigod while Erdrick was a lankly little rat jap bastard who has to menu for 19 seconds before being able to attack.

DQ is one of THE most famous franchises in the world while Banjo was just an inferior ripoff of SM64. And no Smash rep will EVER change that. Get over it.

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 110K)

In a traditional sense yes, however with a game that has over 70 god damn characters I think his RNG mechanics make him unique.

And really I think that's what Sakurai was aiming for. He didn't want to make Hero "good" per say but unique, interesting and like no other character we've seen before.

I think he did well in that regard.

Piranha plant was broken?
>i-it doesnt count!

Why is it "bad design"? Because you lost $15,000 in your stinky tourney?

I didn't get either one of them because I don't like JRPGs and don't give a fuck about either one as characters, I already have like 80 characters, I can live without one extra. I'm buying Banjo for sure though.

MP charge is pretty slow so he doesn't really have much incentive to run to recharge that way. Plus he doesn't recharge when charging his spells or using the menu either. He has a lot more incentive to keep getting in and attacking because attacking charges his MP much faster.

G&W's hammer doesn't have the range, hitbox, or setup opportunities that Hero's Smash attacks do and comes with far more risk since some of his hammer options can hurt him or have so little hitstun on them that the opponent can punish him even if he successfully connected. Hero does not have that problem.

As for Peaches vegetables, stitchface doesn't have anywhere close to the instant KO knockback that it used to and characters can survive it pretty easily even at higher percentages.

>avoid it and get a buff
His only option is to shield (which closes his menu, and he can't cast anything, AM his next spell list wi be different), or to cast a spell and take damage. If you're lucky he'll cast a melee spell and lose MP and take damage, if you're unlucky hel cast Bounce and you'll have to be ready to shield.
>Risk of him leaving the menu and tilting, or getting magic burst kamikaze
To leave the menu he'll have to shield or spot dodge, which you should be able to notice and move away. If he casts kamikaze he dies and you can still DI it, if he gets magic burst he loses all MO and gimping him be ones trivial

I'm not telling you to play 100% perfectly, I'm telling you to play decently. I'm far from a perfect player and I've yet to have trouble against Hero.

Banjo will at least be better designed because of not having rng centered kit. Even if he was smash 4 pre patch bayo broken he'd still be better designed.

>or magic burst
actually it would have taken priority against that too. MB doesn't make Hero invulnerable while using it, any attack that puts him in stun animation will cancel MB.

Shield stun isn't shield damage. Yes, you will suffer more shield stun from blocking a crit attack, but the size of your shield would be the same regardless. It might open you up to getting followed up on, so blocking a crit is still dangerous and gives Hero advantage, but you shouldn't get shield broken from a crit.

Reminder the vast majority of Yea Forums is legitimately terrible at Smash Bros and thought K Rool was OP at launch.
You people suck, stop acting like you know shit about balance.

>bad design
Yes, a RNG character in a serious fighting game would be bad design.
But Smash is a party platform fighter.

You're overrating his down B too much. Both neutral B and side B are a lot better.

Compfags don't even follow Nintendo's ruleset. They do not matter in the slightest.

>in a game with 70+ characters one can win just by getting extremely lucky

Yes, its objectively bad design.

uh yeah?

That doesn't even make sense. Did you forget to take some pills, user?

That's absolutely fair. I'm just vouching as someone who doesn't give a shit about DQ, he's damn fun to play.

Hope Banjo ends up just as good or better Banjofag.

But those are still random luck occurrences. I thought ALL such instances were bad. But now you people are defending Peach and G&W for having the same thing Hero does.

lmao when was Plant ever broken?
Hell, Joker wasn't even ever broken.

>mfw when Sakurai made Hero as wacky as he is so he could give the middle finger to roster fags

Keep seething cucks

Attached: 11111.png (396x310, 260K)

Fact is, people don't whine about that right now.

Your opinions are not objectivity. It's also a party game, not a meta-dee-beta-foo-feta comp madness wagabagaooooo game.

>party game

Nope, it plays absolutely nothing like Mario party. Play a real party game smash player.

Because they're too stupid to think.

ALL new characters are broken until the elite comp players say otherwise.

I would agree that Hero's RNG goes a little too far but Luigi has fairly strong RNG mechanics, and Peach/Daisy and G&W all have incredibly strong RNG mechanics

Maybe it's not objective but it's hard to argue that winning do to pure luck is good design even in casual play.

D'you guys think that leffen and the other tards who hate Hero will eventually just leave ultimate and thus make it better by their absence? I can only hope

Nigga if you want a game with good design then play an actual fighting game and not a party game.

>deliberately missing the point this hard
I bet you think Mario Kart and M&SatOG are super-serious competitve games too.

Fucking this.

People also forget interruptions to his spell list (with anything) close the menu. A simple falco laser, yoshi egg, even a fucking megaman lemon stop him from accessing the menu and can even take away his option or make him fuck up his pick

Hero has a hard time getting people off of him but also dealing with poke. Even if you’re a zoner with little rushdown ability...hero shouldnt be an issue. I main captain falcon and simply dive bombing him is pretty much always working against him.

Attached: B86CF453-F3DE-42DA-BC06-6EBF798578D9.jpg (760x421, 24K)

Then why haven't you banned Peach and G&W?

People realize patches are still a thing right? If he anywhere as stupid as people think he is(he's not) he'll get toned down

Now being honest neutral b and especialpy side are waaay too strong

I'll give him a try next time I visit my friend who bought the pass. Maybe I will end up buying him if he's that fun.

They see us rollin'
They hatin'
Tryin' to ban us and patch those pathetic virgins

Attached: meta-knight.png (625x352, 230K)

>one move
Vs
>several moves that can KO at 0, allow you to become big, invincible, break shields with a single attack, etc.

it's hilarious how these rosterfags screeched so hard for another generic anime swordsman (which they usually complain about) instead of based slime, and now they're crying because they got what they begged for.

Attached: EBC3AB26-9BE2-4366-ABAB-3D2333D27844.png (360x345, 193K)

>play against Daisy
>she pulls out TWO bombs in our match
>this is okay

>Hero has to RNG a good menu
>has to not be interrupted to select an option mid-fight
>has RNG to do normal smash attack damage
>somehow this is broken

>The last DLC fighter will be the most OP of all

Attached: mr_stab-your-girl.jpg (1710x900, 100K)

Leffen doesn't even like Ultimate and is only doing a couple stuff here and there because he knows Melee is a sinking ship.

>break shields with a single attack
Oh hi Marth, how is your sex life?

I'm sick of smash players insisting that their game is a party game when you have the option to turn off items. Maybe if they played mario party once in their lives they can see what a TRUE party game is.

I don't understand any of that

lmao yep, because wolf can one-hit-KO the ENTIRE fucking cast.

I'm far from competitively good at this game, hell I still have more trouble against K. Fucking Rool than I do against Joker. I can only imagine having a hard time against Hero if I was a slow character with no good projectile like Incineroar or Ganondorf. Everyone else should be able to do fine. Hero's actual real strengths are his neutral B and side B, and crits (but if you're eating smashes at any point, that's on you being read like a book). His RNG spell list leaves him open and just begging to be punished. Punish him for it. Keep throwing him off ledge so he has to eat MP recovering. Don't give him room.

>tfw no buffs
Sakurai is scared of us being good again

I don't know who Leffen is, but he sounds pretty based. Utimate is the second worst Smash game.

I'm not sure if he can do that but if he can he cab at least do it do to proper spacing and not "lol rng"

You can reflect the OHKO Move you fucking dingus

You can turn off items in Mario Kart as well, but I don't see stinkies tripping over each other to strip it of 99% of its content or modding it to be another game to make it a super-deep mega-bootydooty world tournament nonsense.

This exact thread happened when bayo was released, and when corrin was released, and when cloud was released, and when ryu was released, and when plant was released, and when joker was released, and will happen again when banjo and the two other DLC fighters release.

Leffen is gonna co-main Hero though.

>an he cab at least do it do to proper spacing
Or you know.
Just hold B.

Peach's RNG can allow her to break shields with 1 attack, or pull out an incredibly powerful stitchface/bomb that lets her gimp incredibly effectively
also if you're seriously complaining about Hocus Pocus you need to calm down

How is it the second worst with Brawl and Smash 4 there?

His Neutral B is literally called Shield Breaker, it's designed specifically to do heavy shield damage.

You cant do it online with randoms unlike that fake party game smash.

You can tell who's a shitter because they complain about shit like Thwack or Hocus Pocus instead of actual broken shit like Hero's neutral b and side b.

Here's my opinion. Unlike smash 4 bayo who kill all enjoyment of matches hero's bullshit ring roulette is funny as fuck and in most cases not broken enough to be an issue

Attached: 1564684263776.png (640x480, 144K)

lmao nah

Im unironically shit with Hero. He is really slow, and item menu RNG is fucking dumb. That said his neutrals are pretty nuts

Pretty much this, it’s just disguised rosterfag whining.

Why would you play competitive shit online? Do they do that at the stinky tournaments?

Smash 4 was just a better game than Ultimate.

Their damage and knockback is kind of crazy. They do cost a shit load of MP though. I've seen plenty of people forget that when trying to use them off stage to gimp and then fully charge Kaswoosh and death.

They might tone them down anyway though, 25% for Kafrizz and 30% for Kazap seems fine for their cost. I think when Sakurai said they had adjusted MP costs, he actually increased them.

>Nerfed his own creation into the lowest possible tier; can't even be used for meme purposes

Attached: 1447280868933.jpg (1024x768, 64K)

Why is Mewtwo performing a sombrero dance?

>A simple falco laser, yoshi egg, even a fucking megaman lemon stop him from accessing the menu
I forgot to mention that too. Just yesterday I made a Hero accidentally Kamikaze on the last stock by using Inkling's neutral b at close range. I ran up behind him and poked him with ink, basically, he inputted down b as you as he could moved and picked the first option. He died.

I forgot about that move. Still it's part of the character that's 100% guaranteed and not due to luck. I can pick Marth and do that back to my opponent, if two heroes attempt it one might not get it just by being less lucky.

>and when plant was released

Plant is weak shit. Almost a gag character.

>People also forget interruptions to his spell list (with anything) close the menu.

While this is a weakness it also means Hero gets a free spell (more in semi-capable hands) whenever the opponent is trying to recover from a moderate distance provided the player isn't opting to purely edge guard without spells. This wouldn't be bullshit if his spells weren't so powerful and versatile to begin with. I'd honestly be happy if they just made him lighter.

Attached: 1497386829506.gif (751x607, 310K)

Wectoring should have stayed

In what ways?

>Bayo
Justified in every fucking way
>Corrin
The main issue people had with them were their counter and pin and counter was fixed
>Same as bayo to a lesser extent. Beyond bayo in doubles thanks to limit.
>Ryu and Plant
That never happened
>Joker
Not immediately but Arsene does not need to last 30 seconds

Attached: marie ponytail.jpg (597x768, 73K)

This is always hilarious.
>Hero opens menu in a panic, sees Thwack
>I do too and rush him
>He casts it
>Reflected, Hero dies

Spacies make everything totally irrelevant from him, even if he has bounce up, he loses first because he was the one that cast it.

Only possible with an attack that takes a full second to charge. Meanwhile, Hero can break shields with literally every attack he has.
Imagine being this retarded. Bombs are a 1 time thing, can easily be shielded, and has extremely low chance of happening. Hero can RNG 4 options at once with the menu, can RNG smashes that become stronger than Nines, and doesn't even need to be on the ground to use his special. Don't be an idiot.

Neutral B takes a while to charge and the charge resets when you shield/jump out of it.

Side special is the one absolutely indefensible thing in Hero's kit.

Lmao smash players try to argue their game is a party game when there's tournaments. You dont see that shit for Mario party, a REAL party game

Hero mains assemble!
Post your favorite hero

Attached: dragonquest8_conceptart_w2QLH.jpg (400x600, 87K)

>a character can do something when the opponent is off the edge
Ban all characters, then, because all of them can do that. Ban Samus because she can charge her shot. Ban Mewtwo and Lucario. Ban Ike, ban Marth and Roy and Lucina, ban ROB, ban them all.

ANd then when he keep finishing 65+ he'll be back to his salt asteroid self,

People already forgetting that there were apologists for pre patch Bayo. Lots of "JUST SDI" even though it used to be impossible to sit her moves.

Don't force people to come out of the closet like this user.

>Only possible with an attack that takes a full second to charge.
>Meanwhile, Hero can break shields with literally every attack he has.
So you've reached a point that you actually have to make shit up.
This is sincerely pathetic.

Attached: Disgusted Reginald.jpg (385x299, 6K)

The amount of times a bad player will win over a good one is so low that it won't be relevant in a competitive setting. Variance will smooth out to the better player winning 9 times out of 10.

>Hero can break shields with literally every attack he has
Except critical hits do not do increased shield damage. Also all characters can break shields with every attack they have, since all attacks do shield damage.

You sound literally retarded. ZYou should literally end yourself.

Whatever the other replies said, plus the game does not behave the same as 4 by a long shot

>Being ashamed of playing Hero

Not looking so bad, now am I?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>They added a new character that can, quite literally, OHKO the entire cast.
and?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (630x630, 25K)

Only Dq game I beat.
Looking forward to 11.

I finished 11 last year so I have an affinity for the Luminary.

>You babies ban items and all stages except FD because of "hurr luck and randomness", why haven't you banned PEach and G&W as well?
A. because Items (and the Hero’s spells) have broken effects, while even the best RNG for Peach and G&W have major drawbacks (such as range and the opponent stealing your items)
B. The chances of getting a 9 or bomb are offset by the loses of getting the other results and the likelyhood.
While on the other hand, Hero doesn’t have that many bad outcomes to offset his major spells (turns out that one out of 250 for just 1 bomb is less broken than a ~40% chance of getting a Smart Bomb that covers the entire screen and KOs at even low ranges)
C. Items just encourage camping moreso than anything else. Top players effectively camp since they know more about frame data, strategy, and can execute better than lower skilled players. So if anything, the like of M2K are banning things to help you, rather than to help themselves.

Faggotry is shameful.

>it's a super-serious comp game because WE say so!
And why do the opinions of a tiny group of stinky autistic people matter?

>Neutral B takes a while to charge
What are you talking about, nigger? It charges faster than every other charge shot in the game.

>Neutral B takes a while to charge and the charge resets when you shield/jump out of it.
Kind of. You can stop on the mid charge and throw it out if you double tap B, you just can't start at mid to go to full like Samus can.

It should be 10 out of 10

Wait until top players complain about broken characters, then you have the right to complain only to realize this is a party game people take far too seriously on meta gaming and you're being told the game sucks by top players who take the game seriously in a competitive fashion when balance is only made to be as utterly chaotic as possible without any utter caring for the players themselves.

Congratulations, you just discovered Smash. It's a childrens' game being taken seriously by grown men. Get used to it. The only thing you should ever feel offended at is the fact that sword characters are slowly taking over Smash and there's nothing you can do about it. Let's hope you get something unconventional for 4th and 5th fighter and that's hoping it's something other than what we currently have

thanks for purchasing this game

kill yourself, fag.

I would have preferred slime over Hero any day. Slime is actually interesting.

>A. because Items (and the Hero’s spells) have broken effects, while even the best RNG for Peach and G&W have major drawbacks (such as range and the opponent stealing your items)
And you can't Counter/reflect most of Hero's stuff? Sakurai made it so his melee attacks don't trigger Counters and his projectiles pass through reflectors? Villager and Isabelle can't pocket them?

Seething fake party game player.

>Can't even defend himself
Here's a hint dummy.
Every shield break compilation with Hero you've seen requires him to have Oomph and or Psyche Up and then do a Smash attack.

You remember how to get Oomph and Psyche Up no? Do you also remember what the downside is about it?

>if I put random words together that means I win!

>Wait until top players complain about broken characters

Not the absolute top, but we already have Armada calling hero "The worst designed character ever".

This is actually one of the best patches they've made so far

That's still cheap and retarded and Sakurai needs to be executed for it.

lmao try a real party game like Mario party seething smasher

Armada can't find his ass with both hands and a road map, anyone who listens to him is a sheep.

Peach/Daisy and Game and Watch get a pass because that's been their thing for almost 2 decades at this point or something.

Attached: MC peach.jpg (600x800, 145K)

I enjoy the real party game called Smash Bros more. You can keep pooping yourself nito a faggot frenzy, though.

It’s hilarious how rosterfags larp as DQ fans pretending “generic anime swordsman” has ever been legitimate criticism of any character let alone DQ ones.

Hero isn't a problem. He's a slow character with shit frame data and a super bad disadvantage state. His menu is a complete gimmick and his only saving grace are his specials. What's cancer is characters like Stinkling who keep evading proper nerfs despite being pretty broken.

As always, the release of a new smash character exite the base, stupid anti smash retards

Seeing their chance, they shitpost endlessly about things they clearly know nothing about, flood threads with the opinions of other retards (leffen in this case) and mostly show themselves for being dumb faggot who STILL haven't accepted that ultimate is an excellent game.

Truly, these people (if they even can be called that) are only fit for base occupations and should be disregarded

>you need specific abilities to counter their broken rng
>meanwhile peach and g&w's rng have built in downsides because they're actually balanced
Also
>>>>>>>comparing 1 ability on a single character to an entire character build around rng

>okay I'll just be aggressive and not let him get huffs

*gets hit by magic burst*

>WHY DID YOU JUST RUN INTO HIM?

old good new bad

>has tournaments bigger than other fighting games

Lol nice party game you have there

>n-n'no those dont count!

Then why doesn't Mario party have them?

>he's too slow and stupid to read and react

Hero has a lot of downsides, all of them pointed out throughout this thread. But you ignore it because you're such a shitter.

i get to fuck your faggot ass because you've been taking the dick for decade, little faggot boy ;)

They already killed it by adding fucking Gatornigger to the roster

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt muh banjo
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: putrid ugly green fucking fuck.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

In terms of a comp setting yeah, because he's literally all RNG. But "worst designed" doesn't mean "OP" or even "good".

Is he objectively a dumb designed character. Absolutely. But he's not game breaking either and also super fun.
If you play aggressive it's very unlikely he'll have the chance to use Magic Burst shitter.

Not to mention a good Hero uses Neutral and Side as the bulk of his specials and realize Burst will greatly gimp him.

Online Hero's are easy to deal with, just rush them down.

The 1% of virgin tournyfags have no relevance whatsoever

I’m pretty sure 9 can’t OK at 0% for all characters on all stages.
I’m also pretty sure this is Mr. G&W’s only move that can “kill” at lower percents, unlike the hero who has multiple ways to OHKO you, entirely for free.

>And you can't Counter/reflect most of Hero's stuff?
Most of it, funny though that Lucario can't use his counter against Whack and Thwack. I would assume it is the same with Substitution. If the instant death procs, they will still die, even though I kind of feel like they shouldn't. I wonder if they will be able to have some kind of exception to that.

Mario Party's not a fast-paced beat-em-up, has nothing to do with competitive balance or whatever you children screech about.

it's almost like Smash isn't supposed to be a competitive fighting game

People will get over it in about a month. Hero is no joker or any of the current top tiers or even high tiers.

Attached: peach teaa.jpg (600x600, 123K)

@472658597
Hey, nice to know you've found yourself a thesaurus. Good job, man!

Hoes mad.

Magic burst hitbox only comes out from 20-something. Go attack him before then, and he'll not only take damage but will also lose all MP. If you're a pussy you can just shield it, magic burst can't break shields.
Be aware of your enemy. If you see him about to do magic burst, interrupt him with anything from a light jab to Falco's laser to a fully charged samus shot. If you're too far, shield.

>read and react

*gets a focus pocus invincibility*

>LMAO WHY DID YOU JUST LET HIM STRONGER

Maybe you should accept using RNG intelligently is just as much a skill as trying to string combos, fucking faggot actual moron.

the hyperbole is real

>Hero has a lot of downsides,
Oh, like a few bad attacks are gonna offset his broken specials that deal more damage than Warlock Punch. Yikes.

>intelligently

ungar bunga me get invincible for 10 seconds by pressing down and b

You got absolutely assblasted, to the point where you decided that replying to me would bring attention to the major anal bleeding you are suffering from.

I'm sorry, little gay nigger, but i'll continue fuckign that ass until you stop being such a dumb fucking faggot.

This statement is idiotic and stupid. What even was the point of it?

Attached: peach wut.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>unlike the hero who has multiple ways to OHKO you, entirely for free
And the only way he can do that is to take forever to set up a specific combination of Down B buffs or you waste your time opening and closing the menu to get two spells that have a minuscule change of it happening or require the opponent to be in a specific state, which doesn't happen in tournament sbecause no items.

I wish Hero came out a few weeks ago so EVO could be a disaster. Now i'm just disappointed it isn't.

FGC here

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alright, name a good Hero aerial ;^)

May i remind you that aerials are considered a pretty important part of every character?

@472659153
What a cringeworthy gamer. Unbased and yikespilled!

Nice post, where did you copy it from?

It's hilarious how you shitters keep screaming about two moves where one doesn't even do that much and leaves Hero MP-less and the other hurts him far more often than helps him.

Your ass is mine, little faggot. No amount of complaining will change the fact that your plump asshole will get fucked daily.

All of them

The patch is a big deal because Ridley got buffed! He feels amazing and a good deal more nimble now, the game is saved.

Attached: 1561833501416.jpg (1200x814, 158K)

>Whenever someone complains about Hero down special being broken it's just Oomph and Psyche Up
>Nobody complains about anything else except for one retard who doesn't understand how to deal with Magic Burst and how hard it really backfires so nobody is going to use it as anything other then a hail mary
>Only 2 of the 14 possible moves are "OP"
>It's random if he will even get them
Wow, really makes you think

Litterally buttblasted. it was a pleasure to remind you that hero gonna be a fun addition and you will continue to be literally dying of aids
Toodles

The rocking thing is common in people with autism.

It's already been said before, but MB has a VERY long start up. Like about the length of an X bomb. The initial effect is simply the charge, it has no active hitbox, so you have plenty of time to shield or you can just dash attack in most instance and be completely safe. MB will only be used by good Hero when they are sure of their advantage state, such as when edge guarding or if their opponent is above them and doesn't have a good answer and depending on height, you should be able to avoid most of it by jumping and Up Bing. MB is probably the least threatening move I have had to play around. I'm more scared of Kamikaze, since that can't be interupted and it will kill even at the very edge if you have about 40%

Doesnt hocus pocus have like single digit percent chance to even show up in the menu and 20+ possibilities of which star is weighted low?

>Didn't make him Super-Heavy
>Buffed Up Smash despite Up Smash already being one of the best in the roster
Happy about the buffs but really odd choices to be frank.

And? Dash attack him. Him being invisible is a huge disadvantage for HIM, not you. You get him off the stage and he'll be lost and likely will get himself killed.
I'm sure you'll complain about another spell he could use though, be ause insteado f taking any honest, genuine advice from non-shitters, you just want to yell and complain and exaggeratedly greentext with Reddit spacing. Almost sounds like bait.

Well he is Swedish so it's genetic.

Thanks for confirming you are at 9 year old little sister level.

I honestly can't wait for people to be salty about Banjo being op

If people are worried about Hero now, it's going to be funny to see how they react to Banjo & Kazooie having a pocket starman with their wonderwing move.

Attached: 1542373222286.gif (549x412, 186K)

Hoes mad

Doesn't matter, it's RNG and has no place in Smash.

>plant is added
>people cry about the weirdness of the spike ball
>the insane damage poison cloud can do
>super armor on down b
>good recovery
>the plant is op, nerf now

>a little bit later, people learned the match up
>turns out plant wasn't so great after all

How long before you shitters stop being shitters and get better at the game?

Attached: 1541897850601.jpg (1024x805, 86K)

>And you can't Counter/reflect most of Hero's stuff? Sakurai made it so his melee attacks don't trigger Counters and his projectiles pass through reflectors?
Some of his attacks just bypasses those counters/reflectors.

And one major drawback Judge, GM, and Vegetable has is that they require commitment and timing.
Hero doesn’t need to use his lesser spells as he has 4 options and can cancel, plus he can stall out your attempts at dodging by waiting. Hero would be far less broken without the menu.

So how many people realized that at the start up of Magic Burst you can just grab Hero which cancels the move while still having all of his MP taken away?

And Bubsy, who gets 9 lives for every stock.

>And one major drawback Judge, GM, and Vegetable has is that they require commitment and timing.
So Hero can spam all of his OHKO spells willy-nilly and they have homing properties or suck the opponent to them to hit 100% of the time?

If half the people find no problem with dealing with a character, then maybe the problem isn't the character but you're not used to fighting them and have yet to find the strategy behind them.

K. Rool was a character far more people had trouble dealing with in launch and is now considered low tier. Think about that for a second.

Attached: consider the following.gif (500x385, 496K)

That still doesn't excuse its existence.

All he needs is nair. His specials are the ones that'll do the most damage, so just use those.
>b-b-but he needs to edge guard!!
Up B is literally perfect for that.
youtu.be/rVF-Bty2cZk

Majority of them don't actually have smash, they are just using it to shitpost on the game because it's success hurt them. THere's a reason most of the anti-hero negroids keep quoting Leffen and keep saying dumb shit like Hero having good aerials, or crit increasing shield damage

It's a 5% chance. It also has more bad effects then good and even some of the 'good' effects I would say are pretty bad.

>Gets invisible
>oops, now you can't see yourself well enough for spacing

>Gets full restore of mana
>was already at full mana when casting Hocus Pocus

The chance of mushroom is just too good not to take though, even though I know being giant can be just as much a death sentence because of larger hitbox.

Plant isn't just 'not so great', Plant is literally one of the worst characters.

Not the retard complaining about it despite it being told to him multiple times now.

Imagine if instead of 1 - 9, game and watch judgement was 1 - 99 and 99 could ohko you at 0%
That is Thwack/whack.
Hell, they only have a ~65% chance to KO an opponent at 100.
And you can, yknow, not get hit by it

Hoes so fucking mad and I love it

Attached: 61209293_303745347234846_5773322768917826528_n.jpg (1024x768, 84K)

>the plant is op, nerf now

Said literally no one. Plant is considered a joke.

@472659530
Shouldn't you be at school, sweaty?

The best thing was that no one was nerfed aside from ivysaur and mac while various characters got some love.

Attached: peach f.png (400x400, 105K)

So? N-air isn't good. He's easily bottom 10 in the air,

How the FUCK do I recover with Ridley's upB? This shit is driving me insane. Sometimes I can make it send him diagonally upwards, but 90% of the time when I hold the stick in that position, it just sends him horizontally downwards instead. Fucking retard Ridley, learn to fly.

Attached: 039f3c230d678013221af46656410fc4.jpg (1200x1600, 396K)

I wouldn't go that far

Why should we ignore the words of the people who have dedicated their lives to the game?

>strategy
>"oh I just wasn't lucky enough! Silly me!"

It's summer, mentally deficient user.

Nobody said Plant was OP. If anything, peoples' opinions of Plant became better as time went on. Joker too.

>Need to waste time opening a menu and choose it (if you have the option at all)
>Long starting frames which opponent can easily use to their advantage
>Waste all mana and thus can backfire in the long term horrendously
There is no hope for you.
Getting upset at random crits is at least understandable but if you have an issue with Magic Burst, one of the riskiest and easiest to avoid moves in the game, then you are utterly hopeless.

Please tell me how Ganon's up tilt is OP and should be removed.

Attached: 1450829940467.jpg (203x287, 11K)

Because said person has been wrong about Ultimate before, hell he thought Snake would be a bad character and look where we are now.

I think it makes a far amount of sense. They buffed a good deal of his kill moves, so now he at least hits like a super heavy, and his recovery is far faster and more difficult to take advantage of. I would still like more weight, but he's at the point where I feel much better about committing to him.

Fuck you

I agree with this, but on the other hand I would say that Hero's shenanigans are less funny and more downright depressing in things like FFA, where getting hit by a crit smash or Thwack is a lot more likely. But, they can still definitely be funny even then, and it's not like Dorf doesn't have about the same level of threat in those matches. Overall I'm still all for Hero.

Attached: da7744dd4ee1d6670aaa8c6e9d36f9ed.png (1280x640, 423K)

*rests on you* Heh. Nothin’ personal, kid.

Who are those people ? For one i know a bunch of actually relevant (ie, not Leffen) place him at Low high.

Dilate low tier hero

That's untrue. Also uair is pretty good as well. He doesn't need broken aerials when the rest of his kit can carry him.

You can also just shield it. Or reflect it for ultra hilarity. Nothing better then a desperate Hero throwing out Thwack to try to force a kill and eating it.

Glad to know I'm not missing out by never playing Smash online.

Attached: r.jpg (785x586, 64K)

It's dumb but consistent so you'll get used to it quick. It's not like the Star Fox characters. They have very specific directions.
>Up=Straight up
>Right=Right down
>Left=Left up
>Down=Straight down

Why does RNG have no place in Smash?

@472660347
There's this thing called summer school for you snowflakes with low grades, sweatie.

There is a strategy to stop him from utilizing his luck, you fucking retard. Ehen he pulls up his menu, read it as well and choose an option of punishing him.
If you see bounce, rush in and hit him
If you don't see bounce, shoot him.
If you see magic burst, wait for him to use it and then immediately hit him to cancel the attack and waste his MP.

the fucking undertale character killed the game already.

>Right
>Left
Don't say it like that, it's front and back.

I know you're struggling with something new, but seriously reel yourself in. This is just ridiculous.

Yeah that's a more sensible way of putting it.
>Up=Straight up
>Forward=Forward down
>Backwards=Backwards up
>Down=Straight down

Attached: foolish.png (374x490, 42K)

>That is Thwack/whack.
Now do the rest of his kit, user.
>1/8th chance to get G&W nine
>7/8th chance to get a regular smash attack
>90% chance to get any of these broken specials that either shut down entire characters or instakill:
>>bounce, magic burst, snooze, oomph, psych up, accelerate

fuck you gatorfuck.

your character is shit and should be removed

Hero player is based

Hoes mad, also they buffed the shit out of Ridley so they saved it as far as I'm concerned. If Banjo is good and K. Rool gets buffed next then the game will literally be perfect.

Literally gitgud. Just don't let him breathe.

Why would anyone use a move that has a chance to instantly kill yourself?

It fucking baffles me how low quality bait your response is.

There actually is. People have been trying to help you by telling you what the strategy is to you and yet you continue to pout and whine like a child.

Many people in this thread have had no issues fighting him except you. Why do you think that is the case?

Attached: bitch slapped.png (272x285, 33K)

dude don't reply to that gatorfucker guy

Attached: 1541127802070.jpg (639x390, 38K)

>Grabbing people while they attack
>”He’s not broken”fags have to resort to breaking fundamentals to even have a shot of stopping him, let alone beat him
Is this a new low for the no-banfags?

>Luigi misfire
>peach turnip pulls
>game and watch judgement
>villager/Isabelle turnips
And for good measure
>peachs old fsmash
>dededes old gordo mechanics
>olimars old pikmin pull
Sure I'm forgetting some but you're a retard

Let's remember what happened to Little Mac and stop yelling about brokenness for at least two weeks. In that time, learn your matchups against Hero and learn strategies to stop him from utilizing his tools, as many posts above have explained. If he's still hard to deal for a majority of players in two weeks, then we should be more vocal.

You're objectively wrong.

>gatorfucker
you mean the autists who fap to a non-existant d-list fatass villain from an old ass SNES game?

Literally NONE of those moves instakill

Nair is good and so is his fair.
Bair sucks and uair could be better I guess.

You don’t have to use Kamikazee, but if your are a stock ahead and did even a little bit of damage, it is basically a free kill with a huge hitbox that reaches above the top level platforms.

>be hero, throw opponent off stage
>get magic burst on standby, literally nothing he can do but die

Based as fuck

>Aaaa AAAAA AWWAa ARRRRUUUUU AAAAHUUUUR GHHH PLPLLFTFTF I AM GONNA SHITPOST ABOUT THIS FOR WEEKS HAHAHAHAHA I DON'T PLAY THE GAME AND AM COMPLETELY FUCKING WRONG, BUT I'M GONNA ACT LIKE I'M KING PRO OF THE META FOR MORE SHITPOSTING BROWNIE POINTS!

Pit alone is one of the best anti-Hero to date. If you try to fuck around the menu he can arrow your ass, Pit is a rushdown character, he's amazing in the air, has great mixups and can keep you away from his face like you're literal AIDS. Also he can reflect projectiles.

I'm gonna say this every thread. You suck and you don't play the game. Watch yourself repost the same fucking videos and webm for weeks to prove your nonpoint. You already lost.Your only victory is the hundreds of replies these SHIT threads are gonna generate.

I am shit at this game but can you not fucking roll through it instead of take it on the chin like a stupid asshole? Granted I play a character with a reflect but I dont use it all the time or they'll stop literally killing themselves. If one move with good windup time is a terror for Smash players there might be some truth to Smash players being bad at fighting games if a fighting game player at all before they played Smash. I dont mean bad on a provable execution drilling, but bad at making fundamental reads of your opponent.

They did exactly that with Mario kart wii what the fuck are you on newfag

They're not even THAT broken, just need some adjustments to damage output on his crits and certain spells.

>uair could be better I guess.
Please no, it's got one of the best falling combos in the game. Straight into his up smash, highest damage of his kit. Instant 30% damage or more if it crits and on lightweights a crit means instant death.

His nair is good, though it comes out a little late. Fair is very damaging, but isn't safe on shield, needs proper spacing to be safe. Same with Bair. Dair has one of the easiest spike boxes in the game and decent range once it's hitbox is out. He's got a middling air game, overly reliant on Nair and Uair.

ULTIMATE-TODDLERS BTFO!

SHOULDA STUCK TO MELEE

Attached: 1561579317524.gif (500x491, 376K)

If you're eating smash attacks at all, you're either a shitter or you're easy to read.
For all of his spells, just hit him while his menu is open, otherwise:
Use melee attacks against bounce.
Magic burst has a long start up and can be interrupted or shielded and makes it easy to gimp hero afterwards.
If you're hit by Snooze then you're not aware of his spell list. Always read your enemies spells if you're too far to punish. That goes for all spells. Run away from the snooze or shield it.
For his buffs, literally don't get hit. All his normals have short range by swordie standards and have long start up. Run away from him or pull up a counter when he's close. Wait for the buff to go away and resume.

>WAAAH, MUH RNG

Attached: shutterstock_291431081.jpg (1000x667, 339K)

Huh didn't know that. Thanks for the advice.
I really can't imagine how people who can't deal with Hero would be able to deal with Melee.

Have you ever heard the phrase "get good"?

That's literally not true though. On his release day, i was at 20% with a lightweight and ate a kamikaze at center stage. I didn't die, but he obviously did.

>recover low
>get sucked into the stage
>tech it

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Are you retarded? Magic burst almost never throws you into the stage, it throws you at the launch zones.

Use speak as if it's a certainty he will get magic burst every time his opponent is offstage. It's actually one of the rarer spells.
Also
>get thrown off stage at all by hero
His grab range is meh and he's slow as fuck, nigger what are you doing.

>Luigi misfire
A mediocre attack that has a chance to be okay. Only ever used in recoveries
>peach turnip pulls
No one ever uses this because of its RNG. They use it because of its utility in giving Peach an item she can use to combo with.
>game and watch judgement
A horrible attack with low range and bad damage. There is only 1 good outcome in that move.
>villager turnips
Okay attacks that are only useful for their long lasting hitbox and not the off chance to spike.
All of these are bad examples and don't compare to an entire moveset that revolves around RNG.
>Isabelle turnips
Not even RNG you idiot.
>peachs old fsmash
>dededes old gordo mechanics
>olimars old pikmin pull
These were all removed for a reason you retard. Pikmin especially. It's too much RNG and can drastically affect the outcome of the battle depending on how good the outcome is.

No, it tries to throw you UP. Even at the bottom of the spell, it will always do this, so people trying to recover low get stage spiked. You can easily tech this at lower percents and survive.

But sure, how about this instead, I'm pikachu thunder jolting ledge to prevent you opening menu. I'm lucario or mewtwo throwing balls. I'm a dozen other characters that have easy projectiles I can throw at you to make sure you can't open menu.

Monopoly also has tournaments you literal retard, that doesn't mean it's not a party game

>people defending a character that wins due to pure luck telling other people to git gud

Attached: 1555519211169.jpg (767x730, 70K)

*hits you once*
*opens menu*
*casts bounce*
Heh.... RNG saves my ass again.

seething fake party game player. PLay mario party.

I can beat literally any Hero player in a best of 3 with nothing but Samus, bounce be damned.

LMAO... IMAGINE SUCH BRAINLET
LOSER LOSE EVERYTIME

Yes, using the RNG and knowing when to attempt to pull off certain moves is just as skillful and stringing combos, if not more so ( it requires more intelligence than just spending 10 hours burning button combos into muscle memory)

Turnips are RNG for Villager, is it different for Isabelle?

>It's going to get frustrating to deal with him, and everyone is going to quit in droves.
Bayonetta in Smash 4 is my reply.

I prefer bathing honestly.

The community is in absolute chaos, the character is the most unique and entertaining addition in the past several Smash games, I'm in a state of pure bliss. May this moment last an eternity.

Actually, smash is built with RNG item spawn as the default so RNG is actually real smash
Literal virgin smashfags

>Edgeguard hero to outside of kashoosh range
>he randomly gets zoom

great design.

#
*grabs and throws you*
*grabs and throws you*
*grabs and throws you*
*bounce wears off and I shoot you again*

You saying a peach player pulling a stitch face/bomb hasnt just drastically increased their chances to win immediately? It might not be BECAUSE the chance of this occur that players use the move, but the RNG aspect has HUGE implications on who wins or loses a game.
Same goes for someone trying to edgeguard Luigi and eating a misfire into a stage spike
Hell, game and watch judgement isnt a great move but maester and other high level players go for judgement set ups even against players like MKLeo and HAVE 9'd his ass. Is that okay?

Thwack and Whack can kill at 0% retard

*play keep away for the rest of bounce's timelimit*
*you can't get close*
*bounce wears off and I cast bounce again*
No... not RNG... All skill, kid....

He'll land right by the nearest ledge, literally free punish.

Looking worse if anything

He'll land on the other side of the stage where he can't be punished.

Reflectable. In fact it seems the chance to instakill is increased when it's reflected back to the Hero, but I'm not sure.

>Hero picks a side of the stage to recover to
>literally doesn't matter because I know he doesn't have double jump to get out of Zoom
>Hit him as he's falling, sending him off stage again

It's annoying, but not a deal breaker most of the time.

If you would check the Tips menu in the game, you'd see that Oomph and the other stat enhancers all have the exact same drawbacks as the Monado arts.

He'll land where he chooses. If he doesn't in put a direction, he will land center stage. Left, the left most platform, or near ledge if no platform. Same with Right. Still stupid easy to get him as he's coming down, unless he has a jump stored, which allows him to act out of Zoom as soon as he's on screen.

>Hero literally sits there and cant move
>menu opens up, with a cursor pointing out exactly what the hero player is about to use
>both players can see this
>he gets hit by it and complains on the internet
Cant tell if you're lliterate, bad at this game, or both

*plays a rushdown character and your slow ass can't run away*
*eventually you'll run out of MP from your over reliance on gimmick spells and i can kill you with a back throw from 70%*

No matter how many times you try to flip it, you will NEVER change the fact that smash is and was designed to be a party game. The reason you faggots hate hero is because he forces you to accept that fact.
And I play mario party as well as smash. That's not an insult, virgin.

Then be flexible retard. Stay in center stage and get ready to punish him where ever he lands.

It wasnt in the list of moves you listed that "shut you down or instakill"
None of the moves you listed do either or those, except maybe bounce if you're playing a friend that has never heard of the A button

If I was bad I would be complaining about the characters that have to outplay their opponents instead of mr get lucky and win.

>Is that okay?
No, it's not okay. But each of those attacks have a lot of caveats that make them not too strong. Those characters also don't have entire movesets revolving around these RNG mechanics, being only a small part of their moveset.

How was Ultimate "BTFO"? Because a fun character was just added? You people really do hate fun.

>No matter how many times you try to flip it, you will NEVER change the fact that smash is and was designed to be a party game

>in game options to turn items off

nice "party" game smash player. lmao play mario party where you can't turn the rng off;

>gets hit by the move he can see his opponent picking
>I'm REALLY good, they're bad for hitting me!

Anyone who can't handle Hero either needs to get good or just counterpick to a rushdown character like Fox or ZSS. If you can't accept this fact then you're the problem, not Hero.

>Dude just grab this long range character that can potentially insta kill you

But you are bad though, at least with dealing with Hero. I'm a shitter and I have no problem against him whatsoever.

If I'm offstage then he can land on the other side and recover before I have the chance to punish him. I bet you were one of those people that said "just sdi" for pre patch bayo.

What do you expect from the same people who ruined the movement time and time again just because they were so spiteful against dashdancing?

Lol this gay boi is probably a projectile spammer

>snooze doesn't instakill off stage
>snooze doesn't give you a chance to instakill with fsmash
>oomph, accelerate, and psych up don't set up for future instakills

You can react out of Zoom as you are coming back down and you can change where Zoom takes you

If it's not okay why haven't you been up in arms since December over all the RNG in the game since 1.0
Why was there no outrage at MKLeo getting 9'd. Why has there NEVER been outrage over any G&W 9 at a major?

Anyone else getting mad lag in tourney mode? I can fight just fine in quickplay, but here it's up to 5 seconds freeze most matches.

Attached: 1558212523153.jpg (900x740, 45K)

You played against Hero's that got unlucky and mistook it for him not being stupid.

>Peach pulls out a mr saturn
>Shield the mr saturn like a FUCKING IDIOT
>Shield break
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BROKEN BULLSHIT? WAAAAAH WAAAAH NERF PEACH!

This is every single of you fucking scrubs crying about Hero.

You are so desperate to pretend Smash Bros is anything like BlazBlue or Tekken, it's getting pathetic at this point.

>he's never thought of weaving in and out of range and then grabbing when they whiff
>he doesn't know how to use any characters with tethers confidently
>he doesn't know how to press fucking A and not rely on projectiles for roughly 20 seconds

>moving the goalposts

Because *gasp* it’s fun

It also has more players, so I don’t have to play the same 3 SF autists at locals

And Hero has been casting whack and thwack for over 3 decades. Cry more.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but game and watch!

As we explained several times before there's a difference between

>a character that just so happens to have one move that's rng

vs

>a character that can instantly break shields with crits, become invincible, become huge, and kill at 0% with several different moves

Then recover and reset neutral, dumbass. Play smart and don't let him use sideb on the ledge, it's a much bigger threat to you than any of his gimmicks.

*hits you once*
*edge guards you with broken up b into back air combo*
Heh... RNG? What"s that?

I dont think you know what an instant kill is
Whack and Thwack ARE instant kills. Think about this before you post again

>You are so desperate to pretend Smash Bros is anything like BlazBlue or Tekken

Tell me which game is sharing Evo with them right now?

Because there haven't been any characters with entire movesets that revolve around RNG? Are you daft? Did you get dropped on your head as a child?

>a character that can instantly break shields with crits
You've become the ACfag of Smash Bros, deliberately ignoring everything told to you so you can keep screaming your own agenda.

>It's okay that even though you edgeguarded perfectly and he not only recovered, but got complete stage control just because of luck!

Tell me why a bunch of autists who don't shower get to decide what category a game is and have priority over the person who made the game.

I've been playing against Heros every day for 6 hours a day for three days. If ALL of them were just unlucky/ i was just lucky every time, I'll go join the lottery right now.
It's more likely that I just know how to handle the RNG and you don't, though.

>no arguments

clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveRenownedRuffDxCat

DUDE JUST REACT

Hero can literally shield break with one move, this is objectively correct.

I mean, oomph and psyche up aren’t exactly hard to pull off, they come out pretty fast

>entire movesets
>an entire four moves
Christ you tourneyfags are insufferable.

there have always been characters that are frustrating to deal with. heres a tip: learn the matchup

comp fags mad

Who even plays this game online? Not even trying to talk shit, I have a switch and while most matches are playable there is always this weird input delay when playing online, it is NEVER as smooth as local play.

What is even the point of having online play if they cant do it correctly? I remember playing fighting games online on the fucking PS3 and it worked perfectly.

this
just react to all 4 of his options lol

Look through the thread, dipshit, you've been told this MANY times.

Critical hits do NOT do extra shield damage, this is an objective fact. If you want characters who can break shields with one move Marth and Lucina are right over there.

I mean, it's not difficult to prevent him from using his Down b unless you suck harder than a gay porn star.

*plays like a non-retard and DIs*
Don't act like it's a true combo. I was hit with it thrice today and I DId out on the last two occasions after I learned from tje first time.

Like how you do with all the other characters, yes.

He can kill at 0% with thwack and whack, that is all and the odds are stacked infinitesimally against you
He can turn giant or gain star from hocus pocus, his lowest % chance to appear spell that has a HIGHER chance to deal negative effects to himself including instantly losing a stock
Setting up instant shield breaks also requires setting up oomph/psyche up which also gives the hero negative drawbacks

You're just whining and being hyperbolic, drama queen

Based

>Sakurai: *takes a shit* "here's a steak"
>You: Well he said it was steak so therefore it is! After all he created it!

he has one hit kills but the likelihood that he would actually roll one AND pull it off is only dangerous if you're not paying attention

Nope, not unless you are at like 100% damage or your character has poor vertical recovery so even air dodging it would be a death sentence.

Nope, unless they were already within red percent. Snooze is actually less effective then Sing is and can be easily mashed out of to the point that people in the mid fall from jumping have gotten out of it at 75%

Accel is used for chasing at higher percents, it certainly means you aren't safe high in the air when he has it, but it's hardly a kill in an of itself. Oomph or Psyche up could kill in some instances, but require a read for Smash and it's stupid easy to waste Psyche up.

They do with buffs

>HNFDSEKMNVSNKKN WHY DID YOU LET HIM GET A BUFF? JUST PLAY PERFECTLY

Because you told me just to stay away when he pulls the menu out in case of magic burst.

>"It's shit because it's not our stinky game we've obsessed over for nearly twenty years! We suck at evolving and adapting, everything must be our stinky way all stinky day!"

Well yeah, its best to relieve yourself and wash your hands before grilling steak.

If you can prevent other characters from doing attacks you should be able to prevent Hero from doing attacks. Why are you so shit at doing this simple thing?

And yet it’s somehow still the best

Simplicity at its best

Besides, it basically created the entire JRPG genre so

Reports of one hit KO are overstated. You're never landing a wild fully charged forward smash. That being said, the fact that so much of his shit kills at 30 with a little bit of RNG is nuts.

>he cant read the spells
Maybe ask your mom to sit next to you while you play so she can read the spells to you

It's still not the critical hits that do the extra shield damage then, dipshit, it's the fact he's buffed up his attack power. Are you deliberately being retarded or has the stench of your Melee crew fried your brain?

If someone posted a clip where Hero pulled out both a buff and a spell, and pulled either succesfully you would claim the other player either shouldn't have ran away and let him get the buff or approached and get hit by the spell.

Did these people screaming about Hero's buffing ability also scream this hard over Shulk back in 4? Because Hero's buffs are the EXACT same thing with the exact same drawbacks.

Who else loves seeing shitters seethe LMAOOOOOOO GET FUCKED SMASHERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>He doesn't just take the "no fear" approach and takes advantage of Hero standing still even if it's only a moment

4.01 patch notes leak:
>Hero crit damage ratio decreased
>Hero forward smash endlag increased
>cooldown on Command Select (down B) increased, must wait a set period of time (5 seconds) before you can open the menu again
>MP regen nerfed

You haven't seen the clip of Snake vs Hero where the Snake runs around like a moron and allows Hero to set up several times?

>>Because you told me just to stay away when he pulls the menu out in case of magic burst.
No, people are telling you to rush him for MB. Or just shield. Every spell he has access to can be shielded (except hatchet man and Kamikaze) and they don't even do a lot of shield damage.

Seriously, Kamikaze should be the only spell you are worried about and that's only if you are down a stock.

>that so much of his shit kills at 30
A whole 3 attacks, woo.

No one is telling you to run away like a retard
READ and REACT to what you READ just like the hero player has to do

4.01 patch notes leak:
>Hero crit damage ratio icreased to 1/4
>Hero forward smash endlag decreased to 3 frames
>cooldown on Command Select (down B) decreased and it remains open even after shielding
>MP regen buffed, now refills instantly

You say that like that's somehow a small amount.

Attached: 1326946053739.jpg (5000x5000, 2.05M)

By running away, that's what you all have been saying nonstop.

Hero is now bottom tier, well done
This is why morons like you dont get hired to dev teans

It's also a small chance every time. If it happens it happens, but you people think it happens with every single swing.

based, exact feels dude.

fucking joker mains were all "ImsogoodlookatmebestcharactersofancyiloveP5!!!!" and just stormed online, and it was both uninteresting and stupid to watch.

At least Hero dittos are fun af and when I fight one, I feel enlightened because I took TIME TO PLAY THE DAMN CHARACTER. there's a reason he's more popular and it's not because he has OHKO moves (no one actively fishes for these unless they're retarded or already have a stock lead / are severely behind, pick ur poison)

>turning items off makes smash not a party game
Literal retard

They could've totally preserved what people like with Dragon Quest with just making the Command Menu have 5 rigid options (Bang/Zoom/Snooze/Psyche Up/Oomph) in exchange for each costing considerably more mana with the RNG factor gone, and make the normals a pinch faster now that they have power to distribute. Scrap the critting Smashes too

and the Smashes could now have the visual effects of those lost spells (fsmash hatchet man, down smash flame slash, etc.). But whatever

Attached: 1492836769305.png (641x538, 811K)

Since you faggots are so fucking smart: "Nerf" the hero without destroying him.

>fsmash hatchet man
>a version of Hero who can buff himself as he wants and breaks shield every time he fsmashes

Holy based
Mad hoe

NOOOOOO!
STOP HE ISN’T OP JUST ATTACK HIM AND PREDICT THE RNG!
REEEEEEEE I BEAT MY FRIENDS THAT USED HIM! HE’S PERFECTLY FINE! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING I’M IN CHARGE HERE!

based Leffen BTFOing Hero apologists

>shield
>get either kill thrown or shield broken after psyche up

Based as fuck.

oh i meant just like the visual effects for some extra flair, but yeah maybe just keep the Smashes the same

he feels abusive to those who are slower and bad at approaching, but an easy win to the usual safe speedsters who will never get his by those chunky aerials

Yep.

>There are more drawbacks to using brokenass moves
WOOOW BOTTOM TIER

That link was clearly standing around like a fucking deer in headlights because his zoning didn't work.

>mfw instead of any of this happening they just buff his frame data instead

Attached: 1564210991215.png (318x308, 167K)

>lets take his good moves
>and make them bad
Smooth brain

>let's take broken moves
>and make them decent
WOOOOOW HE'S NOW BOTTOM TIER
kumbrain

Hero can kill at 0 with a crit on the edge with 1 of his buffs

>NOOOOOOO THAT LINK IS JUST BAD HERO IS LOW TIER I SWEAR YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO GET GOOD WAAAAAAAAAAH

>kill throw

At what fucking percent? Yes, Psyche up can buff his throws, but up throw still needs until 130% to kill. But you should have frame advantage if he cast fucking psyche up instead of any number of other spells he could have cast.

Yes, fucking react. The link, as he said, was an idiot that rushed him when he could clearly see he had Kamikaze in the list. I thought I was going to open the vid to someone rushing into a blind pick and Leffen getting lucky. He just capitalized on his opponents idiocy. He could have just sat there waiting for Hero to lose menu in 10 seconds, or close it himself.

meleefags are laughing at us

Except that those moves need to be broken otherwise Hero is bottom tier due to his bad frame data. Just learn to adapt you whiney virgin.

>hate fun
But I play melee?

Every problem you have can be attributed to being scared. Hitting Hero cancels his spell picking. Don't let him breathe.

They'd hear us laughing back but getting any closer would be a health risk.

Attached: Dwbk3VSVsAI4hwu.jpg (1200x675, 40K)

It doesn't have to, it just has to not have a risk associated with it.

WAAAA MY ATTACKS NEED TO BE BROKEN SO I CAN WIIIINNN WAAAA
LET ME WIN MOMMY WITH MY BROKEN CHARACTER WAAAAAA

hero is gonna (rightfully) get nerfed to the ground and I'm gonna laugh at you

smash is not a party game because party is not a game genre, smash is a platform fighter, and mario party for that matter is a board game sim

That's like trying to learn how to adapt to coin flips or dice rolls.

Not gonna happen. Keep coping though, cuck.

Notice how Herofags don't have any real arguments other than spouting completely empty statements like "dude just adapt" followed by a canned insult.
They know they're in the wrong, and they're terrified.

He's not broken. You're just bad. End of story.

It would have been hard in that instance. Hero had bounce and Link's normals are a bit slow, Kamikaze also comes out frame 1, and once you are in it's sphere of influence, you can't escape and it can't be shielded. The best move would have just been to sit there and wait. Hero is either forced to pick one of the other spells, close menu or just wait around like a moron while menu expires. He didn't even have a buff, which means there is no down side to just waiting. The Link was 100% stupid.

t. quivering hero main

Then buff his “awful” frame data for his non-broken moves, retard.
And this is assuming you aren’t just full of shit.
Like how his Side Special 100% outclasses a Falcon Punch

t. seething scrub

How bad are you to end up in this situation where a buffed hero has you on the corner and hits you with a fully charged smash?
It has to happen to you 8 times for it to even predictably OHKO you once.

I'm litreally laughing trying to imagine the kind of person who could complain about this

h-herobros...
youtube.com/watch?v=rVF-Bty2cZk

>JUST ATTACK HIM AND PREDICT THE RNG
Exactly. Do you sit back like a coward because you fear the other characters as well?

do you smelly autists have any actual arguments or just the same old shit/food analogies?

Bait the kamikaze or if you're like me, hope their trigger finger is slower than the time it takes to jump down and grab.

>j-just react to his menu!
Yeah, you not only have to react to him bringing up the menu, react to his options, and react to which one he's gonna choose. You're already at a disadvantage when he brings it out, and you're gonna be in even more of a disadvantage when he uses it.

this is literally the most retarded post on this thread
i'm linking this whole reply chain to /ssbg/

THE ENTIRE GAME IS RISK, STOP BEING A COWARD AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

>Melee fag is also anime fag
Pure poetry

I don't hear professional gamblers crying about luck and randomness.

We do but you've completely ignored them for the past 10 years and still unironically think that Fox is the only character and FD is the only stage.

Yeah, these are fine. Even eating the Kamikaze is fine in most cases, since it's no different then Ganon or Bowser's death grabs. Reset the neutral again. Kamikaze also isn't scary once Hero is down a stock and becomes a real detriment to him on last stock. So many panicked picks from menu slipping and hitting it. Feels like cheap wins.

Then just don't ever let him put you in disadvantage. It's that easy considering how slow he is, faggot.

Make sure you tell them that you're too chicken to take advantage of a character standing still while reading menu options.

Whenever you approach any character, you're weighing their options against your own and trying to pick the most advantageous one. In the end, you gotta make a read, which results in an educated guess aka RNG.

You do this with literally every character, but with hero, when you can also SEE exactly what hes considering, you choose to complain.

You are the king gay retard baby

Attached: images (7).jpg (259x194, 6K)

>FGCucks and Br4ltimatefags still can't stop thinking and talking about Melee
EVO is literally going on at this very second, and yet you kvetch on Yea Forums.

You're fucking retarded. Holy shit.

Look, the fact he has RANDOMS ON HIS SMASHES MEANS HE IS A SHIT THING AND YOU NEED TO DIE.