Why are first person shooters so generic, boring and tedious?

why are first person shooters so generic, boring and tedious?

Attached: Nuclear_Dawn_-_Gate_FPS_01.jpg (1680x1050, 314K)

I despised them as a kid
Loved them as a teen
And as an adult I feel indiference now, may try some tho.
Their audience is mostly 10-18yo

It's a genre where you shoot things with from first person perspective for some reason

With other things*

The audience is mostly people who think video games are fun and not pretentious. Fixed it for you. I’m sorry you think you’re higher than anyone else

they're generic because there's thousands of them, they're boring because they're generic, and they're subsequently tedious, because they're boring

Play Tarkov.
>inb4 Tarkov is shiiit

>Leah

Keep saying it

They didn't used to be this bad the open world formula meme really killed them and any originality died out when tps took over in the mid 00s+
Nothing has really innovated since siege lately (prodecual destruction in cod/bf was nothing new but got too scaled back and gameplay is too familiar) and F. E. A. R. Long before it

Sadly it's a dead end along with shit I'm glad that died like mobas battle royales and other meme of the month shit

Can you actually play it yet or is still some cash grab bullshit that only let's you play during certain times of the day in a closed beta? Information on tarkov is so vague that I wouldn't want to buy for fear of wasting my money.

The second easiest idea for a game (after porting something traditional like chess) possible.
>grug shoot gun at mans
It takes skill to come up with something better and more sophisticated. This is why "valve fans" seethe so hard @ Dota Two, Artifact und Underlords.

Attached: 1557345064298.png (498x400, 204K)

>Slavanoid '''games'''
no thanks

Play F.E.A.R.

pic not related

you get permanent access, but their anti-cheat might as well not exist. In a game where you lose everything you're carrying when you die, cheaters are a fucking plague

Singleplayer FPS is OP's description.

Multiplayer FPS is forever replayable kino. Try getting good.

Newer ones yes they suck
Biocock clones bore the shit out of me. Scripted, heavyhanded, ugly looking and constrictive. Titanfall2 is the only one that i liked in years.

Few attempts have been made to evolve them in the right direction to keep things interesting.

Attached: tribesascendscreen1-1617x1078.jpg (1617x1078, 301K)

People are still playing that?

because you haven't realized the white kids you grew up playing the games with are gone and are now third world idiots nearly half your age.

What’s wrong with Dota 2

FPS view makes more personal the action, but the action sucks and the animations too. In the new Doom Eternal video for example, you see the revenant "firing" from his shpulders, but you can see theyre ugly stumps of metal and the proyectiles appear at the tip of it, with a stock sprite of smoke that clips trough. Its lazy and all games do tihs.

When you shoot an enemy you see the same stock smoke effect over the 3d model but no decal, no physics feedback. Then it drops dead. You SHOT a missile for example, a rocket, and the background cardboard boxes dont react but the hulking demonzombie locust thing does. You know its just a number, the thing you shot, its not an actual simulated explosive device. They dont even try to convey it.

I want to play HoN again. I downloaded dota2 cuz its the best next thing. Realized its all that HoN fixed years ago and all characters suck.