Why do Capcom stubbornly refuse to give up on this game...

Why do Capcom stubbornly refuse to give up on this game? Why aren't they dropping support for it like any reasonable company would?

Attached: street-fighter-v-393259.24.jpg (1500x1500, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqqcs4?new_post=true
capcomprotour.com/sponsors/
store.steampowered.com/app/310950/Street_Fighter_V/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rent free

>why won't Capcom stop supporting a fighting game with literally the most active community of players

Esports

then why come its not the main event at evo?

Why would they make business decisions based on the opinions of a handful of pubescent memelords parroting what they heard from one or two of their contrarian e-celeb idols?

Because the game makes them cash with little effort. How many hours does it take to make a decent chun-li costume? 20 hours? And then you sell the costume to weebs 4 dollars per piece. It literally prints money.

Also street fighter 5 is good game. Now bend over gamer.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I can't believe they found a way to make the game less appealing than just releasing a couple of new editions of the game. If you want every character now, you have to drop over $100 and they gimped the fuck out of fight money.

Attached: what the fuck.gif (200x158, 459K)

Because those of us that like it play it. Fuck off, find another game. It literally does not affect you.

Attached: C4100880-75B8-40FD-89B8-B12A818BBA41.gif (373x217, 1.57M)

It's certainly the main fighting game at evo, but only by like 44 entrants over Tekken 7.

Crapcum drones are a hell of a thing.

>release new edition
>have to buy whole new game just to play with everyone online
>dont release new edition like SFV
>you get to keep playing with everyone and dont have to buy a bunch of meme characters you dont even give a fuck about and will never ever play in the process

hmm

>i dont like the game you play stop having fun

Attached: B18AECC4-FDA2-4BC7-8E92-A46310A4217D.jpg (805x1024, 63K)

It’s making easy Shekels to them, Capcom purposely sabotaged MVCI so they could focus only on SFV.

The game is underperforming but within reasonable margins. Better to keep supporting it for a proper life cycle and bank through bikini outfits than drop it and then expect people to get hype for SF6 after they dropped support SF5.

Well, I'm glad they haven't abandoned it. I got into SFV a few months ago and already have +200 hours of play time. I haven't sunk that much time on a game in quite a while.

This. I want 2-3 years. SFIV came out in 2009 and SFV didn't come out until 2016

sony pays them

Money, people refuse to accept that SFV makes money for Capcom. Sure it may not do as much money as MHW, RE or DMC5 did, but in the end of the day it still brings a profit, and as long as it brings in money they'll keep it alive, until SF6 drops

will Capcom change the art style for SF6? If they do is gonna be more realistic like MK or try to ape the Arc System fake 2D like DBFZ and Guilty Gear?

They'll probably keep going for this middleground between realistic and anime

Why the fuck would you drop support for the second most played game at Evo?

I personally hope they take a stab at a 3D interpretation of some of the 3S art. SF5 kinda felt that way when it was first unveiled, but the more they revealed the more it felt like SF4.

Attached: 9e65c8f956254aa21d2efba0cbec945d.jpg (600x1100, 67K)

Like God, just compare this to the gorilla he is in SF4, it's ridiculous. I hate SF4/SF5's chunkiness.

Attached: sf3rd-hugo.jpg (550x1100, 90K)

Whats Chuns look like?

Much less exaggerated, like the others. That might not sit well with everyone, but I'd find it refreshing at this point.

Attached: chunli-3s.jpg (1200x1600, 152K)

Nah. Neck and arms too thin. No way. SFV is pretty much perfect at this point.

So is it true I can demo season 3 right now? I'd like confirmation before I reinstall.

yes

Thanks. I want to test Falke and Cody

Cody is... ok. Falke is bad.

good lord SF5's artstyle is so fucking trash

Chun is actually a work of art though

Attached: D4DB7854-5A66-469F-8B33-74ABCF0ED24F.png (659x543, 111K)

It still is their most successful fighting game since SFIV

proportions still aren't human, but that's because the rest of the cast was shifted to that mess

Attached: mBjP6Hw.png (1440x2880, 3M)

Looking like humans is a strange thing to ask for.

Attached: ShinAkumaSSFIIX.jpg (600x800, 80K)

>proportions still aren't human

SF has been styalised since forever. No one is expecting RE engine motion captures.

Attached: BFE8A2F9-3D54-416A-B047-FB327C2764CB.jpg (474x720, 41K)

the leaks literally confirm they gave up on it. just a few characters after a whole year is giving up. theyre just maintaining it barely for the esports. theyre probably working on sf6 already.

Only because it's where the money is for the top players. Most of them have gone on record saying the game is bad and they hate playing it, but Capcom dumps a ton of prize money on them so since their job is to play fighting games they kind of have to play SFV even if everyone agrees it's terrible.

G is the best season 3 character with blanka close behind. Cody is ok. Sagat and falke suck. Sakura is literal garbage.

Will the autists endlessly bitching about SFV ever find a real hobby? Maybe another fighting game? I mean actually playing it though, not just pretending to and being "hype" about it.

impossible

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqqcs4?new_post=true

Sony and Twitch dropped out
capcomprotour.com/sponsors/

Please stop seething this hard over a corporation's brand, you are going to give yourself health problems.

That's good advice for the OP.

Do I need to be able to confirm stray cr.MKs into Tenko to be decent as Karin? I've heard you need good reaction times to play her but this seems insane to me.

You're not gonna do that online on reaction, only by guessing

It's not that hard. When throwing out the cr. MK, buffer the motion. The moment you get a confirm, all you need to do is complete the tenko. The hardest part is conditioning yourself to buffer (and not accidentally trigger negative edge).

Even without the ability to confirm cr. MK into tenko, you should do fine as Karin if your fundamentals are in place.

Unit sales plus probably make huge money with costumes

>Sakura is literal garbage.

Same as it ever was.

Attached: same as it ever was.gif (299x299, 3.67M)

Mk11 and samsho are good fun. But considering how sfv treated some of my favorite characters and how much of a cluster fuck everything still is I will never not skip a chance to shit on it like it deserves. Mind you I do this with every game I consider to be extremely disappointing not just sf

because people like it, not as many as capcom would've liked but enough to keep it going.

Sakura was pretty ok in SFIV.
She has realy good vortexes and mix-ups.
She is mid tier at worst.

They kinda made her command jump thing useless in V its so slow even a 80 year could react to it and punish it.
And its dive-kick follow up is punishable.
Its literally unusable outside of Trigger 2 which in itself is a horrible design choice to make something only usable under specific circumstance.
Akuma and Camy have a similar move but on them its super good especially on Akuma.

>Liked Juri in SF4
>They ruined her in SFV
>Instead of feeling the need to bitch about the game every chance I get, I just use Rasid and Ed instead.

Attached: 1499055837790.png (310x251, 27K)

Someone give some Good Menat mods

Attached: 71541f2cf0e0f7b980367d011f60116f.jpg (954x954, 99K)

But complaining about SFV is more fun than playing SFV.

So they can bend over to Sony when they make SF6 and don't have any budget left again.

People still enjoy and play it.
Contrary to popular belief other than the bad net-code thats still pretty good in general when your opponent is not stealing wifi.
The game fixed most if not all of its original issues. Hell most people agree its a solid game now.
Only suborn people still call it shit because its scientifically been proven changing your mind is acualy painful for some people.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

Attached: w8m62dC.jpg (700x615, 143K)

Hating on SFV is more fun than GG or KoF too.

Or playing anything else for that matter. It's like you people played SFIV at some point in the past and that experience is enough to consider yourself OGs. You run around judging everything despite not playing fighting games.

It's kinda like Yea Forums with games in general.

Rashid is cool and I hope he sticks around. But how they remade most returning characters upsets me in one way or another. Its honestly shorter to talk about changes and redesigns I'm ok with, like mika and birdie. But I despise how they handled almost everyone else in one way or another.

Honestly mk11 irks me in some ways here too, like with johnny or kung lao.

I don't even play SF, I just like hating on V. It gives me joy to wallow in other people's failures.

That's unproductive and won't get you anywhere. Rather sad desu.

Literally toxic

Attached: EA-AAyeUYAABOdw.png (665x800, 589K)

This is why I always keep an open mind in new games. Characters change between games. Ryu is fun in ST but I hate him in every other game I've played, and he's changed the least

It's Capcom. They'll do whatever the fuck they want! Capcom has heard all of your bitching and moaning. Guess what? They don't give a fuck what you want!

I'm trying SFV right now with the demo. I'm considering buying it. I want to main Karin and nobody else. But I'm reading from you guys that this is one of the hardest character to play especially for a beginner.
Will I ever be decent with her?

>But I'm reading from you guys that this is one of the hardest character to play especially for a beginner.
Not really. Getting a frame perfect tenko is tricky, but you won't need it in the lower ranks. Karin is Top 5 for a reason.

Yes, you just need to keep playing user. You don't need to be doing everything right or the most optimal stuff to see success. Fighting games are largely about building experience, no matter who you are playing. Playing as a character you enjoy is the best way to stick with it.

She has some realy hard combos.
Her basics are not that hard but in order to be acualy good you have to master her Command dash moves.
I think its almost mandatory to be able to do instant command dash in to P its not even a bug she has a different voice sample for it as if intended to be a move on its own.
Althou chances are you will be stuck in bronze/silver for the next few months so even if you never get super good whit her at lest you will fought people of your own level.
I also suggest you at lest get arcade edition.
You get so much more stuff for a few more bucks and will have enough characters to level up for FM to get like 6 more DLC characters.

I fucking suck at the game but after a few hours of just practicing her Tenko combos I can pull them off maybe half the time in a bronze level match. Honestly just practice it a bit every day and you can probably have it down in a few weeks.

Sakura is high tier in Alpha 2, CVS2, and SF4. Any game where she can do crossup jumping MK into big damage safe jump setups

Should you buy it? Absolutely. As for Karin, you need to to have practice with timing, like any other fighting game.

This is more general advice, but start with the basics before going into more difficult stuff. Anti airs, pokes and simple combos off your buttons. Then expand from there

Adding realistic graphics to games which are fun because they arent realistical at all is one of the few ways how to fuck them up. Go on, make realistic dhalsim.

Street fighter is cartoonish game because everything fun you do in that game is super cartoonish.

They are bottom tier characters, nobody plays then online or in tournaments. However that alone will give you edge because people dont know the matchup.

People were saying its bad game because it was bad game in season one. Too little characters, no way to safe wake up unless you DP, 8~10 frames input lag and broken online. It was basically open access / beta but they released it as full game for full price.

Kek. /v in nutshell

Karin is easy. Best normals in the game. Just learn how to block and distance yourself from enemies. After 20 pokes you automatically win because your enemy either runs out of patience or health bar.

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

Give me ONE REASON I shouldn't go out and buy SFV RIGHT NOW because I love fighting games, I mainly play bbcf and ggxrdrev2 with some kof13/14 thrown in along with soulcalibur vi and Tekken 7. Sfv is the only current-gen fighting game I do not own and I am feeling the pressure to pick it up.

Attached: 1564522848222.png (602x576, 234K)

eSports, they already poured money and resources into the Capcom Protour they can't back out.

They made their bed and have to lay in it.

Attached: 1564251436090.jpg (800x600, 266K)

>go out and buy
That implies you want to buy ps4 physical version. PC version is superior in every single way. Less input lag, any resolution you want, you can disable blurring, cheat survival modes for easy access to ingame currency and it has cross play so you still can play with console plebs. Also steam keys are usualy way cheaper than ps4 versions.

Also you can play the game on any controller or keyboard you want.

Attached: downloadfile-4.jpg (2560x1440, 516K)

I'm not sure my PC would be able to run the game at 60fps so I was intending to pick up the PS4, if there's crossplay isn't it unfair if the pc has less input lag?

Bro. Its FREE TO PLAY for like a week RIGHT NOW. Literally download it and see if your toaster PC can run it in stable 60 FPS or not.
store.steampowered.com/app/310950/Street_Fighter_V/
If it will run like shit then try to tinker with graphical settings and if that wont be enough then feel free to get console version.

>unfair
Its like 2 frames difference. Probably only top8 players on EVO can tell such small difference apart. People are more complaining about hitboxes VS pads.

>this nigga can't even escape pressure
What you doing

Does PS4 not lock 60fps? I play online a lot and I'm used to moves coming out a few frames after the input. Gg online has about 3 frame delay and soulcalibur about the same. I care more about framerate than input lag. Plus none of my friends have PC's :(

CROSS PLAY
How many more times do i have to say it? CROSS PLAY. Try out PC version first. Its free. You can play against your ps4 friends on pc in this game.

And yes, the game is designed to run in 60fps. But some people have so shit toaster that the game runs in 30fps which makes everything look like shit in slowmotion. Thats why you want to check if your pc can actually run it first.