Why are you wasting your time recommending games or asking for recommendations?

Why are you wasting your time recommending games or asking for recommendations?
- No two people have the same tastes in games. One person's masterpiece is another's unplayable garbage
- If you know yourself well enough you can know which games will be appealing to you which ones will not.
- There are enough resources (gameplay videos, pirate versions, developer) to know if a particular game is worth playing or not without depending on other people's subjective opinions
- If someone dislikes a game you recommended, that someone will join the legions of shitposting against said game, making the discussion of the game difficult.

Attached: 1512190386876.png (313x376, 29K)

Yea Forums recommends lots of good games I have enjoyed a lot

it doesn't, Yea Forums has terminal shit taste

you already posted this idiotic thread and you already got told, you fucking spastic. get lost

>posts image of a girl
Cumbrain

Because simply asking people what they think about a game will cause those with the strongest opinions to step forward and tell you exactly why they love or hate it.

This ends up giving you a glimpse into the highs and lows of the game as an experience which is something you can't really get just by watching a video. Obviously pirating and literally playing the game yourself is the best option but it is also the most demanding, so why not settle for the next best thing?

>- No two people have the same tastes in games. One person's masterpiece is another's unplayable garbage
Wrong.
Everyone falls into a category. If you can figure out which reviewers are in your category, you can know if you'll like the games they like.

>reviewers
Imagine actually needing some retarded soiboy to tell you what to think instead of doing the reviewing yourself.

You sound very lonely

agree, fuck recommendations

>Trusting the board that considers The Witcher, Telltale's The Walking Dead, Senran Kagura Deep Crimson and Fate/Grand Order the greatest videogames ever made.

Underrail
Factorio
Children of a Dead Earth
Mech Commander Gold
Thief Gold
Thief 2
Prey
Blood
Creeper World 3
Opus Magnum

To name just a few... I am very thankful for Yea Forums

Those are games anybody on any gaming forum would recommend.
I was playing Blood in 1998, way, way before Yea Forums was a thing.

Attached: yuri_wall_punch.jpg (271x261, 33K)

Indeed.

Attached: 7,2 is still a very, very high score for this game.jpg (663x329, 42K)

I'd never bothered to give it a try. I didn't particularly love Duke3D or Shadow Warrior for taht matter. However, it came up on Yea Forums enough times that I took the plunge. And I loved it. The Death Wish mod/mission pack was the cherry on top.

Attached: yuri_left_handed.jpg (469x606, 47K)

Yea Forums is shit for recommendations, but good for discovering vidya you didn't know existed or didn't look good at a first glance. I would have never tried God Hand, EDF or Risk of Rain if not for Yea Forums

So you only play a game when Yea Forums tells you to?
Because that's a horrible way of living.
I would miss on many great games if I listened to this shithole.

>waaaah stop discussing videogames
>waaaah stop shitposting about my favorite games
>waaaah stop liking what i don't like
This is your post, summarized.

Attached: yuri_thick_lines.jpg (1446x2048, 155K)

What great games would you have missed out on if you listened to Yea Forums?

DmC

Attached: yuri_choco.png (992x738, 376K)

For starters, L-
Nah, nevermind. You're going to call them shit so what's the point? It's the same as when someone criticizes a game you like and then you ask said person which ones are his / her favorite games so you can make personal attacks instead of the argument itself.

>If you know yourself well enough you can know which games will be appealing to you which ones will not

That's not true, I never thought I would never like monster hunter until someone recommended it to me

Attached: yuri_pondering.jpg (461x954, 54K)

I consider Yea Forums a valuable source of game recommendations, I stand by that. I gave several examples.
That said, I don't pay much attention to "anti-recommendations" if we can call them that.
Though I find those tend to aggregate around popular AAA games, so it's less relevant to me as I don't buy them until they're on discount years after release.

I've convinced people to not play games I dislike out of spite, going as far as samefagging using dynamic ip addresses so OP has a point.

It's easier during Steam sales threads because people are fine with just a "yes" or "no"