Hidden indie space gem

When I mean hidden, I mean like one guy dev game.

I stumbled across Stellar Tactics and I think it coule have been the true Mass Effect 4 if it had more polish and budget. It's a very simple but immersive tactical game ala XCOM but with space travel and also space ship combats.

Attached: x3tc.jpg (450x338, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rebel Galaxy is made by 2 dudes.

Even the second one ? Its not very hidden but I didn't know they were only two.

Starsector: 2 guys 1 amazing game

Don't know. Rebel Galaxy was the first game that popped in my head with "indie space game" so I just looked up the first one.

Starsector is one of the best space games right now, give it a try

what was that one where you fly a ship and its basically DCS in space

Tried it but I didn't like M&B for the lack of story and lore, same for StarSector. I don't see the fun in just building a fleet and roam empty planets.

>Early Access
Ok, not my preference but sell me on it. What makes the game good, in your opinion?

I can't get over how that game is basically just ripping off the Assassin's Creed ship combat but in space.

>this is your brain on zoomer

SpaceEngine
not really a game but it's fun for a few hours and you can make nice screenshots

Attached: jfhs4bsv0d831.jpg (2560x1440, 930K)

Imagine XCOM but in a procedural generated open world universe and space ship combat. The scenario is very well fleshed out but you have to like reading, no VA. You begin in a space ship with a squad and there is an outbreak of some kind of a phage (some kind of virus). It turns people into zombies. You quickly learn that the phage took over Earth and you are part of the exodus of the remnant of humanity to find a new home.

You eventually escape from that ship and wake up 700 years later to another part of the universe to find out the phage evolved into a new sentient race.

Attached: file.png (460x215, 146K)

Rogue System?

ye
sugoi desu ne

Development of it stopped though after the dev almost fucking died from a head injury

I wanted Limit Theory so bad and then he killed it.

Also Im warning you it's very unpolished.

3030 Deathwar is pretty good and not well known tbqswyf

Rodina

>"Daggerfall in space"
>1:1 scale solar system
>1:1 scale planets
>Ship edition

Star Citizen is a pretty good indie space sim, fellow anons. I recommend you check it out.

Attached: rob chrissert.png (932x982, 898K)

This is not funny anymore. I can't believe this fucking pyramid hasn't collapsed yet.

>it's very unpolished
Fair enough, thanks for the info. Do you still think it's worth it? And what are the odds of it ever actually leaving Early Access?

isn't it 3? (code, sound and art)

There's also trainwiz's Underspace that just finished its kikestarter

>access to the entire universe
>takes a picture of earth
come on now

Roberto's company is worth almost half a billion and whales are still merrily shoveling money into the fire. It's gonna be a couple more years before anything happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo&feature=youtu.be
hey hey

>Stellar Tactics
not him, but i'm betting 2021 or 2022; games in general take around 5 years to be done.

Star Traders: Frontiers. It's great and gets updates at a fantastic pace, and you can buy it on your phone as well if you want something on the go.