Play NMH

>play NMH
>enjoy Travis’ character
>enjoy how he ruthlessly kills guys attacking him
>enjoy how before every fight he gets hyped up and talks shit
>know at the end of the day he’s just a dumb nerd who loves his cat and got outta his depth
>watch reviews and read interpretations
>was meant to see him as a psychopathic murdered

Character misinterpretation thread?

Attached: D29D8109-5BFD-4B8A-BF1E-1C4B3FFB7A1F.png (337x436, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IzSgueybcoQ?t=120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I once thought OP wasn't a faggot

Op is always a faggot

Semenhead

Ejactatecraninum

do you not think what he is doing is kinda fucked?

No? He’s killing killers? Half the them are massive dicks anyway? The only ones who kinda weren’t were the old man, Shinobu who he doesn’t even kill, and arguably Harvey? He doesn’t even kill Letz Shake it Dark Lord, what’s her name kills Thunder Ryu so kinda deserves and Jeane is definitely better dead, her life is nothing but pain

He's supposed to be a wacky wish-fulfillment character
But many people either consider that bad or flat out can't even comprehend it in the cult of personality world we live in.
People don't play the game and think "man this huge fucking nerd is out having laser katana death duals while mowing grass on the side, what a crazy life" people now think "What will people think of me if I play a game where a huge nerd goes around killing people for money? Will they think I would do that? Will they think I'm immature? I'd better call out all the negatives and save face"

The only thing I was worried about was people thinking I was the creep into loli when he was kissing his anime girl posters

I've always thought of Travis as part otaku escapist fantasy, part otaku culture critique. That Suda is capable of depicting him as both throughout the game, and indeed in some instances both at the same time, is part of the reason I enjoy the series so much

>Was warned by past victims not to pursue the path of the killer because it was not worth it
>disregards them
>his closest Friend dies as a result
Nmh2 is a fucking ripoff

He literally says, in the boss fight of the first mission, he’s already realised he’s in too deep and needs to get out. Silvia keeps dangling some idea of escape if he kills just one more person. He’s not failing to heed their advice, he misguidedly believes if he kills enough he can escape, and also maybe fuck her

The whole structure of the game is meant to drive the point how there’s not really anything for him to do but kill people

i honestly like his character development in NMH2.
After killing Alice the game takes a bit more of a serious tone and some things changed.

...then you fight a giant baby on steroids.

I didn't play Travis Strikes Back yet but i sure do hope NMH3 will follow the path of NMH2. The bosses were interesting and Travis's behavior changing over some fucked up shit makes him really likeable and cool

>>watch reviews and read interpretations
>assuming reviewers and ecelebs are right
lol

I leant NMH1 to a friend in Highschool and he went through the comic in the instruction booklet with a pen and crossed out Travis's name every time it came up and wrote my name.

I was pissed off, not at being insulted, but because he defaced my instruction booklet. So I guess I am like Travis Touchdown.

Everyone said NMH2 was kinda an even more ironic take on the first, I feel like it does everything the first does more strongly. Literally starts with yeah this is a dumb game you idiot, into I watch revenge for my brother you don’t even remember, now I want revenge for my friend, into KIRR OR BE KIRRED videogames lol, switching back and forth. The crowning moments for me are all backloaded: the 30 minute supermarket murder spree in silence, in perfect juxtaposition to the first KIRR OR BE KIRRED where it’s like “yeah... this what it is, this is what he does. No it’s not fun, it’s long and dumb and should have stopped a long time ago, the Salic fight, I got told he has a scream about the rights of anime characters, but it’s really more yelling at the player like boy isn’t it cool meeting these cool unique characters and then ducking murdering instead of doing some cool and fun with them, the final trek to Jasper which played the original NMH level music, the reveal Jasper only wants revenge you because you killed his family completely unremarkably in the previous game, and the final fight when even Henry is like fuck this and the game is like “this is what you expect/want right retard?”

Your friend is a fuckhead

Fuck man, i'd be pissed too
>That friend you lent a game cartridge to and they peeled off the sticker
KEVIN YOU CUNT WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK THAT SHIT IS OKAY TO DO

Attached: ANGERY.png (336x231, 204K)

Yeah he was a bit of a cunt. Stopped hanging out with him like a decade ago.

Was he autistic? What an odd thing to do.

I hate little faggots who don't respect other people's property. Theyre usually the same kids who leave their own games outside of the case all the time and are constantly breaking their own shit.

My best friend when I was a kid would always inadvertently damage the things I lent him. I really wanted to lend things to him to hear his opinions, but he was just so fucking shit at looking after things. Eventually I just stopped lending him things at all because they would always come back in sufficiently worse condition, and on at least one occasion he saved over my savefile on a game with multiple save slots.

Nah just kinda edgy and he thought it was funny. Later on he saw his GF get murdered in front of him and then I think he became a drug addict, but I don't really know because I'm not in contact with him anymore.

I didn't get to delivar the other day on when I asked Suda51 how NMH and K7 could possibly be in the same universe. Are those fags that wanted to know his answer still here an wanna know?

Where did you meet him?

Australia SMASH! anime convention. Totally cool guy, loved my cosplay from NMH2

Except he’s going around killing too, it’s not like he’s killing in self defense or killing to prevent the assassins from hurting others.
His reasons are entirely selfish and egotistical to the point that he doesn’t even realize what a ridiculous idea an “assassins league” is until the end when Sylvia has to tell him straight up that it was all made up. Travis is too far up his own Otaku ass to realize that he’s just some maniac running around town killing assassins with an eBay lightsaber
Bad girl basically calls Travis out on this and he has basically no real comeback because she’s right, being a killer and being an “assassin” are indistinguishable

Except that’s literally not how Travis is supposed to be seen
He’s meant as a criticism of the very wish fulfillment you mentioned

Not him, but I thought everyone was fucked and it was just dumb and cool world filled with murder. It never once crossed my mind that he was meant to be seen as anything but a silly and nerdy main character.

Show us a picture I wanna see it

>being a killer and being an “assassin” are indistinguishable
One’s a job

And ones a mental sickness

See
He needed to believe the AA was real because he desperately wants to get out of what he’s accidentally started

Do Travis' parents care for it?

Theyre dead

His dad repeatedly raped his half sister (his daughter?)

I don’t think he would find it too objectionable

That's what set off the first game. His parents were both killed by Jeane so he was drowning his sorrows at the bar when he was approached by Silvia to kill Helter Skelter.

They do not
Travis does look a lot like Sniper actually, now I need an edit of Travis talking about being an assassin

Also they were engaged and she ran off after killing them. He didn’t realise his fiancée and the murderer of his parents were the same person or something

>Looks a lot like Sniper
>Voiced by Medic

youtu.be/IzSgueybcoQ?t=120

What's the best way to emulate the NMH games? Using a mayflash to connect the Wiimote to the PC?

Yeah, I just saw him as an unsocialized weirdo who ended up taking a job no normal person would. He's able to kill more from simple social and cultural detachment than any real sociopathy. If any real hardcore otaku had both the oppurtunity and physique to make a lot of money doing that, most would.

Oh no I didn’t think how review man said I should think better self crit

I don't have any photos of it, I cosplay because I like the characters, not to attention whore.

>it’s wrong to listen to people you disagree with and think critically about your own opinion and why you have them

Never said I was the one misinterpreting the character

I respect that. But I also want to see who and dressed up as and how you looked, if you resembled the character at all

Too bad

Thanks anyways, I probably sounded more harsh than I meant to lol there's probably some creepshot of me somewhere if you browse the #smashcon tag on social medias

And the thousands of people Travis kills before getting to the Killers don't count because....? Travis is a psychopath, he's just as bad as any of the other ranked killers. The only difference is that he has a (tiny) amount of self-awareness by the end and that he's the POV character so we get to see what a vapid and meaningless (but also harmless) existence he has outside of killing. Presumably all the other killers have lives outside of killing as well, that's the whole point of the Dr. Peace cutscene, and some of them have reasons for fighting that go well beyond Travis's stupid "I wanna be number 1!" excuse like Shinobu and Jeane. You are supposed to find Travis despicable by the end, but deliberately or not for a bloodthirsty otaku he's still charismatic enough to be likeable.

Well you shouldn't take it all at face value, a lot of it is metaphorical and satirical. Travis is unfulfilled, and despite how fucked up everything in his life is, escaping doesn't help. You literally grind away at wage cage life to EARN the next killing job. Even though it's all assassination shit, it's a reward for Travis, because it's the only time he feels alive. Rotting away in his apartment is comfy living, but normalcy bores him. Riches don't interest him either, and neither do titles. He doesn't want to kill his way to the top because he wants to sit at the top, he wants to kill his way to the top because he wants to KILL.

At the end of the day, he was cursed since childhood after witnessing his parents getting killed. Everything was taken from him, and he festered in hate. It's why despite his whacky front, when he's drunk, he rages about Jeane to a total stranger. It's why he can slip so easily into killing.

Travis desires "Paradise" because he wants to get away from all of his frustrations and rage, even though he always slinks bad into his murdering lifestyle. At the start of TSA, Travis has run off to live in his trailer, trying to avoid everyone, both for his own safety and for his family. He's NEETing it out in a forest. Yet, at the end of TSA, when he is presented with Paradise in the form of basically his own planet, Travis refuses, as he realizes that his dream for "Paradise" is escapism. When you compare Travis staying in his room or trailer all the time avoiding everyone and holing up with stupid hobbies to Travis's opportunity to shack up on Mars and live in peace following his hobbies, they're pretty similar.

Travis is a NEET weeb caricature who explodes from repressed violent desires. At the end of TSA, he essentially rejects the perfect form of his constantly "interrupted" lifestyle of living alone, deciding to instead settle things instead of running away. Travis is growing past being a NEET and doing shit for his family.

Is there even anything in the games that suggest they CAN'T be part of the same universe? I guess Henry kills "Garcian" at the end of NMH1 but it's not like a character dying in a Suda game necessarily means anything.

Too much effort. At least just tell me which character

Travis Touchdown himself with the NMH2 jacket. I got the TSA:NMH jacket in literally the day after the con which was my plan for the second day :(