Is this fucker worth playing? I've heard it has some lesbian subplot so that's already a red flag...

Is this fucker worth playing? I've heard it has some lesbian subplot so that's already a red flag, there is no way they put it in a tasteful way I bet it's something like you find a log of Dr Shekelsteinia and she talks about physics then at the and she says ''AND I ALSO LIKE TO LICK CUNT'' because that's about as subtle as romantic subplots get in AAA games

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o0R9q5Qc2NQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you sure you are not mistaken with the board?
i think that kind of message belongs to another board, starting with /p
also, if you liked System shock 2 or any other immersive sim, then it is probably worth at least a little try. just pirate it lol

Only if you play the female character because it's implied a woman used to hang around with your character and roughly just that. The other subplot is a small one between Danielle and Foy but Foy is dead and you'll find out why
Prey is a great game, give it a try, everything about it is great

All she does is sarcastically ask her on a date in one log of the bunch. Other than that, they talk about D&D a little bit. It's for all of 30 minutes of a playthrough, while you gather samples of her voice to make a duplicate AI voice to unlock a door, like in Borderlands 2. The game is good though.

Play Prey 2006.

youtu.be/o0R9q5Qc2NQ

Attached: 590f6ea8ae653a34457718e0.jpg (1024x768, 201K)

>Is this fucker worth playing?
Absolutely

>I've heard it has some lesbian subplot so that's already a red flag
Play as a man, it really doesn't matter. Story is the weakest part of this game.

Also, you sound like a faggot.

Stop paying attention to /pol/ memes, it's a great fucking game, got damn

I never even remembered the quest to help out the lesbians until I saw people bitching about it here. It's completely insignificant. Because you know about it you will notice it. The game is still great if you just wanted to play a new System or Bio Shock.

This is actually the first and only game that was obviously written by millenials but is actually fine nevertheless. It's a great System Shock / Bioshock game as well, you get a lot a player agency, like you see a locked security office and there's 5 different ways to get into it, and that goes for all the level design in all of the space station, very free form. The station overall is cool in how inter-connected it is.

Totally worth playing all in all, now that it's a bit cheaper. Enemy variety and the gunplay are very basic but it's got excellent atmosphere.

i mean it is a legitimate question, he isnt /pol/ for not wanting to consume propaganda.

some posts here are downplaying it/misinforming you, yes there is a fairly cringey glut of romantic subplot text/voice log bullshit that was annoying to sift through if you're someone who reads all of them, i don't even care that it was lesbian

thankfully for the most part you can just ignore it, it's pretty hamfisted

There are a laughable amount of female characters in the game and they're invariably trash because they all have the exact same edgy sarcastic personality.

The game itself is worth playing because it has amazing world design and the station actually feels dynamic and real as new events happen in the story. The combat is clunky and obnoxious and ammo is scarce until mid-game. unfortunately. The cool powers you get make up for that a bit.

Think of it as Dishonored but even better level design, but shittier story, gameplay, and characters.

I feel I missed out by not going with alien powers, but the game implied you would get a bad ending for it.

Its a good fucking game. Not perfect, but really good. That whole lesbian shit os literally .001% percent of the game. No reason to not play it.

>read
these were audiologs that you need to hear to proceed, annoying as fuck
stop using reddit spacing

The mobility upgrades and some of the psi powers made me feel like I was playing EYE again.

Its one of the better written lesbion relationships because its written as a relationship nothing truly is drawn to the lesbion part apart having two females. So stop being a dumb cuck and get your ass to talos 1.

as literally everyone says every time it's mentioned, it's a good system shock successor, so if you liked either 1 or 2, you would probably appreciate this.

plus all the blatant looking glass references are nice
t. pol

>immersive sim
stupid fucking term
>Thief, SS2, Arx Fatalis, Deus Ex
>none of them are similar
>HEHE IMMERSIVE SIM GENRE XD
it was the early 00's equivalent of calling any game that punishes the player for his mistakes ''soulslike''

why are you so defensive lol

>none of them are similar
I've played all of those you just listed, they certainly are similar. two of them use literally the exact same engine.

all four are first person place simulations full of environmental story telling and emergent gameplay, there's a reason games of the ultima underworld stock feel similar when you play them since very few games offer the same amount of simulation and mechanical freedom. you can complain about "immersive sim" as a term, but you're literally wrong when it comes to saying they aren't similar.

Guess fucking what? All but Arx developed by the same people who used the term to describe the design philosophy behind their action RPGs/ action adventures/FPSs/whatever. And Arx tries its best to be a successor to Ultima Underworld games with sound design ideas from Thief.
Although, nobody expects anything from an underage who can't even recognize the difference between the 'genre' and 'design philosophy'.

You seem like a clown so you probably won't like it no.

>Danielle Sho
>Dan Sho
>ShoDan
B-BROS

defending what

Fully upgraded legs lets you just ignore most enemy encounters

if this game had any memorable antagonist even close to shodan's shadow it would have been 12 times better
instead you get fuck all character and it's a simulation lmao twist. Just, don't even pay attention to story in Arkane games ever.

I don't know which one is worse, the underage girly romance script between two grown-up women or the recordings of their not-D&D sesions.
The game is pretty solid except for some gameplay elements (physics) and its ending. An easy 8/10.

Attached: 1888295d1a28ee4074e6ec73a61cd306.jpg (558x810, 47K)

If you get triggered by something like that you should avoid the game.

I played as the FemC since I thought she was cute.

It's great if you can look past those parts. I enjoyed the story overall, the gameplay has been good but janky sometimes and I had one gamebreaking bug which is pretty bad.

Also: play the Mooncrash DLC.

Just because they're on the same engine doesn't mean they're similar.

CSGO and Titanfall 2 use the same engine.

>The combat is clunky and obnoxious and ammo is scarce until mid-game
That's the point. Did you try to play it as an FPS

>ammo is scarce until mid-game
you just convinced me to try this game, seems like something that respects the player's intelligence

>if you can look past those parts
It's like 4 minutes of audio logs and that's it. It's not even forced, the conversations would have been exactly the same if you replaced one of them with a man

Who WRENCH here?

Attached: 2954774-wrench.jpg (700x203, 45K)

No, it’s not very good

Well and you conveniently ignored the fact that you kill the cook in a side-quest to avenge the death of her lesbian girlfriend and she's one of the main characters.

>The combat is clunky and obnoxious
Never noticed that. Just a typical shooter.

>it's a simulation tweeest
It IS, but all the shit still happened.

It's a game in a genre that is the genre of this game.
That's pretty much all you can say about it. If you like SS2/DudeSex/Bioshock 1 style then this is basically an entire game that sets out to do Just More Of That Without Anything New. It should've been released as Neuroshock to save everyone the trouble of asking.
Plot has a cool thematic focus that shouldn't be spoiled, classic conceptual SciFi vibe. But then it shits out it's own good parts at the end. Characters are kind of shitty in general, it's more a case of "mediocre writing makes people pay attention to things they dislike" than outright SJW.

Because he's a Russian convict who murdered multiple people and tried to kill you. You should have killed him well before the side quest became available.

The fake cook is a cannibal gulag prisoner who killed a bunch of people and then tries to kill you too, and after he runs away proceeds to rig buttons around the station with recycler charges, Danielle just gives you the quest and some info on how to find him

>anything I dont like is propaganda

And again that would play out exactly the same if one of them was a guy, the cook killed her because he is a murderous asshole not because she was a lesbian.

>not frying the brains of every homo sapien on Talos I

Attached: youvebeenpsychoshocked.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

Hit the fucking fire alarms, some of them have neat shit in em

I recall fucking loving this game for the first few hours then at some point having all the fun drained from me seemingly at once. Maybe I should give it another go.

>two of them use literally the exact same engine.
Not just that they straight up reused some sound assets between Thief and SS2

Why do you even care? It's a good game. Yea Forums is poisoning your mind

Are you serious?

painfully mediocre generic shooter.

There's a sidequest where a smuggling ring has hidden stuff behind some of them and you need to find them. I won't say what it is, but when you realize what's common between the correct fire alarms they are pretty easy to spot

One thing I haven't seen of this game is memes given how good it is

Yes, they're dead drops for these two crew members who were stealing shit and selling them back on Earth. There's even a side quest to find them all. You have to hit the proper ones three times each with the wrench to open them.

Oh yeah and I totally forgot about that quest until I was near the end, then I just started going through the whole space station again looking for fire alarms because I wanted to do that quest lol

I love the idle animations for this, plus it makes me feel like Freeman.

Well it's time for some backtracking, thanks anons

Was this before or after you got to G.U.T.S.?

G.U.T.S. is too big and too long.

This. Fuck HumanHead and fuck Prey2fags

It was after the last real thing I recall doing was saving loading or whatever. You know were the lady wont give you the key to leave till you build some turrets and help save the security team. I got a bit past that.

Pretty good game, definitely enjoyable with all the ways to play
It doesn't hold your hand too much when it comes to problem solving so you can try conventional means or do off the wall shit
>See that monster over there? Are you going to sneak past?
>Nah I'm going to chuck as much heavy furniture as I can and then beat it to death with my wrench

Attached: 1503994047158.jpg (388x443, 132K)

>tfw have radiation poisoning but have no idea what it debuffs

>tfw no half-asian half-kraut gf

Attached: prey-3840x2160-morgan-yu-female-4k-2962.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

My nigga, this game put hapas back on the menu

I think it just made you wobble when you walk

>I've heard it has some lesbian subplot so that's already a red flag
Eh, they treat it like a normal relationship just that it's 2 women.

I enjoyed the game for the atmosphere. Gameplay and story isn't anything special.

My friend group had our own memes about it for a while since we all watched each other's playthroughs. It's fascinating to see the different approaches to stuff people take in such an open game.

Attached: Preythrough Comparison.png (2457x1050, 3.05M)

>an area is blocked by Leverage 3 items, too heavy to lift
>throw Leverage 2 items at them until they move out of the way

>area is blocked by hueg objectws
>throw explosives or recyclers at it
>it just werks

Both of those are shooters and shitty ones at that, use actually different games for your arguments, like Oblivion and Civ4 using the same engine.

>Infinite enemy military operator drones being produced
>Pick up Leverage 3 Item and block the exit causing the machine to shut down
Leverage is best skill

>an area is blocked by Leverage 3 items, too heavy to lift
>morph into a small object and slip between the object and the door frame

I have some memes/fanart but I can't image post them because fucking Hiro.
Here's an imgur link of one
imgur.com/WAeOfxk.png

>This is actually the first and only game that was obviously written by millenials
Chris Avellone wrote it dude

My favorite part is when you load into a new area and enemies are literally right in front of you. Had this happen with my first nightmare encounter, gave me a real spook.

are the fake ass ironic boomers still plaguing prey threads?

No?

>use gloo gun to negate environmental hazards
>smother fires
>seal damaged and shorting electrical panels
>seal up leaking radioactive barrels (best alternative if you are out of recycler charges)
>shoot on walls to create bridges to either reach areas or escape enemies
>block the path of enemies chasing you

don't bother anons, idiots like are as bad as the SJW they complain about