All those talks about Sword/Shield made me want to play through some previous Pokemon titles

All those talks about Sword/Shield made me want to play through some previous Pokemon titles.

Should I play Crystal or Gold again?

Or should I try games I never played before like Omega Ruby and Sun / Ultra Sun?

Attached: Popular-game-pokemon-go-anime-Characters-sexy-girl-pokemon-trainer-pillow-cover-body-Pillowcase-Daki (493x640, 113K)

I always give the priority to trying out games I haven't played before.

Stop fapping cumbrain fag

Cumbrainers at it again

GSC are obsolete, just play HGSS

How long has it been since you played a pokemon game? How long since you last played gen 2?

Attached: 1306101725204.png (1280x720, 112K)

I nabbed Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun on sale for pretty cheap. Which one should I go for first?

Over 8 years

The Gold and Silver remakes on DS are really good.
Playing games you haven't played will always be more enjoyable in my opinion.
I'm personally going through the whole series again right now.

Attached: leaf04.jpg (859x800, 76K)

Have you played gen 3 before? If so, you can leave Omega Ruby for later and go with Ultra Sun, otherwise you could do the opposite since OR came out earlier and is itself a remake of an even older game.

Right now I have Gold, Crystal (both downloadable versions), Sun, Ultra Sun and Omega Ruby sitting in my library.

Out of Ultra Sun and Omega Ruby, which one is more fun and bit decent challenge?

>cumbrain /vp/ thread
is there anything lower?

Ultra Sun is more difficult. Remember to turn off the EXP Share in both cases.

Nope, only 1,2,4

Ultra Sun is better than Omega Ruby and will also feel newer/more unique being that it doesn't have gyms and isn't built around tiles. Especially true if you've played RSE before. Making either game challenging requires you restrict yourself by doing things like keeping exp share turned off and not showering your pokemon with affection in the amie/refresh mode, but when you do, I'd say US is also the more challenging of the two.

They are both easy as fuck. You can make them a bit harder by using Set mode instead of Shift mode and turning off EXP share. I think Omega Ruby is a bit harder because at least Hoenn isn't a corridor like Alola is.

Me on the left

Fuck you

Dilate

Attached: go_protagonist02.jpg (800x840, 152K)

gen 6 and onward is pretty terrible.
Try hgss and platinum

How linear the routes are has nothing to do with how difficult the game is.

God with those descriptions I really don't know which one I'd rather be

The game being linear as fuck means you'll pretty much always have the same amount of EXP distributed around your team for any given encounter unless you stop to grind and encounter are setup to be easily defeated as long as you've never skipped anything.

It doesn't, because it's easy to miss or avoid trainers on the routes in both games regardless of complexity, and anyone who actually cares about challenge probably cares about the gameplay and will seek trainer battles out regardless. The game being designed around everything being easy if you battle all the trainers is false, as long as we acknowledge the player-enforced restrictions everyone does whenever they want to be engaged playing Pokemon, which we've already established we are.

You just decided to force an unrelated conversation into an opportunity to bring up one of your canned criticisms and are trying to justify it retroactively.

Play Polished Crystal. It retains the gen 2 look & feel, but adds some of the quality of life features from later games. Its OC shit is limited to making some new maps to give the region better flow and they're all based on official content.

>gen6 and onward is pretty terrible
gen6 is ok, gen7 is the worst the franchise has ever been
>gen4
gen4 is the second worst the franchise has ever been

gen1: red++
gen2: polished crystal
gen3: sigma emerald
gen1(3): throwback
gen4: get better taste
there aren't really any good romhacks for gen5 or later

Gen 6's time has passed. It was fun when there were no datamines or transfers, but the single player content was awful.

i thought it was ok, gen5 was a bit better though
i can't remember having any major qualms with gen6 other than it just didn't really stand out in any way, all the stuff i liked was already added in gen5

XY was filled with bad pacing and unfinished ideas. You spend the first 6-8 hours getting the first 2 badges, then the next 6 hours getting the rest.