Play Dragon Age: Inquisition

Play Dragon Age: Inquisition

Attached: 23523646.png (1920x1080, 3.99M)

Attached: 1563244814205.png (188x100, 7K)

I bought the deluxe edition on ps4 when it was $12. Haven't played it yet

>Leave conversation

BUT IT'S BORING

its not that bad of a game actually.

Why do you tell people to play with feces?

Not with your dick and another user pushing.

I've got 400 hours across 2 playthroughs.

It actually is. Do an actual plot and story analysis, and it is literally modern TV "drama" trash writing. The number of baseless assumptions and actions characters take and do are literally written to be dramatic, even if they are in no way supported by any previous actions, evidence, or setting that preceded.

Is it as good as witcher 3? By that I mean mediocre as fuck.

AAAAH

To clarify further: the entirety of DA:I is Game of Thrones season 8 writing.

MOM NOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 304051.png (2220x1440, 3.83M)

That cutscene seemed weird and out of place to me

I never understood why you have to pull someone's soul out of their ass. Lore on this?

Name 20 examples of this

>Can play as a cool Qunari

BASED

>Oh but you're a foreign one with none of their culture or mannerisms

CRINGE

THIS

Qunari were perhaps the freshest take on a foreign fantasy culture in decades. A race of people who look and behave like something completely alien to the typical trash exotic foreign culture fantasy schlock. But then they had to fuck it up with trannies and literal faggotry. Still don't understand how it wouldn't have worked to have an actual Qunari warrior or priest be sent to the meeting and then you just play how you want from there.

Attached: bdde553c0d2a8f114042163bb22b2764.jpg (563x797, 121K)

Day of the Veil soon

Attached: 1505244656218.jpg (485x485, 37K)

Already did like three times. Just waiting for the next game to disappoint me after that amazing cliffhanger in Trespasser

Every single action your character and NPCs make in the beginning of the game. And that is just the beginning. From the response to your character getting the mark, to them just knowing it will close the rift without any evidence while just moments before they admitted they had no clue what the mark even was, it is a shit show of character actions being written for the dramatic effect, and not because it actually makes sense for them to come to those conclusions.

Or you can just look up one of many plot analyses on your own. The game is a shit show of modern "writing".

I thought is the one that tells you that it can probably close the rift?

>to them just knowing it will close the rift without any evidence while just moments before they admitted they had no clue what the mark even was
Solas is the one that tells you the mark can close the rifts and he knows that because the thing that gave you the mark was his all along. Not that I disagree with you but that’s a bad example

Except the ones that say they don't know what the mark is really don't know and the one that knows it can close rifts actually does know about it for reasons you learn later?

My compliants for this game never change but I still want to finish it.
>can't romance best girl
>can't romance second best girl
>can't romance third best girl
>necromancy isn't summonsing skeletons and it is borderline useless
>mage combat is pretty boring in general

No.

>can't romance best girl
>can't romance second best girl
>can't romance third best girl
Who are these I'm guessing Leliana and Morrigan are two of them, but who is the other one?

Scout Harding.

I WILL NEVER NOT BE ANGRY

Attached: 1457333075508.jpg (927x1000, 408K)

>necromancy isn't summonsing skeletons and it is borderline useless
Worst offender desu but DA's necromancy is lame in general. They just command spirits and spirits aren't even really dead people, they are just beings from the Fade. Not sure why it's even called Necromancy

No. Dragon Age died with Witch Hunt. Everything after that is nigger shit trash that should be disregarded. Only Origins is good.

>best waifu isn't even romancable

Fuck Gaider.

Attached: 1118full-lace-harding.jpg (1118x629, 88K)

You can sort of romance her but it's like that Asari reporter in Andromeda

Problem is DAI maybe has 15 hours of actual story. So much of it is just content gating and bullshit side activities. I'm not even talking Witcher 3 where some of the side quests were the best shit in the game, just your usual filler garbage. I would recommend it to people just to see what mediocrity incarnate looks like.

Attached: DAI-side-quest.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

>Dwarf
>Cute Face
>Competent at her job
>Always upbeat even when she had to scout out warzones or frozen hellholes
>Voiced by Ali Hillis

Bioware what were you thinking

The most fun I had was killing the Fereldan Frostback while being under-leveled.
That was the only point in the game where the tactical camera saw some use.

also crafting is utterly broken and results in beyond OP gear if you even bother with it remotely. so much so epic shit you get from dragon fights is vendor trash compared to crafted gear.

Instead of the first 2 DLC they should have used that time to add side quests to make it feel like an actually finished game desu. But EA would never do that. Big flashy new DLC area announcement makes more money

Harding is canonicly with Sera

>shard collectables are featured so prominently and game clearly wants you to collect them
>end reward you get is such a joke it feels like someone punched you in the balls
>mfw

Attached: amashing.jpg (165x178, 6K)

No that’s Dagna
Harding is pure

It was obviously a case of having to populate a world that was too big. that's how you get "collect X" garbage quests.

/dag/na*

I can see Ubisoft doing that, they fuck up a lot but I have witnessed it first hand multiple times now that a game of theirs starts out Anthem tier but they put all effort and resources into saving the game instead of dropping it like EA. They still have a way to go out of scum tier but they are trying and I don't want to keep shitting on them while they are trying because if people do that they will just stop trying

You don't even need to end the relationship with her if you "romanced" her. She just sees that you actually romanced someone else and goes back to just being Scout Harding. She gets treated like a joke romance, even less than a fling.
They were thinking "Dwarf females look like children so if you want to romance them then you must be a pedophile".
Maybe they saw "spirits" and immediately thought of ghosts so they decided on calling it Necromancy. Or maybe that and they wanted to add "immoral magic" and Necromancy has a negative connotation.

>turning a respectable franchise into open world trash

No thanks. I don’t know if this makes Dragon Age 2 better in retrospective

>table missions

Wow. Fuck you too OP.

I tried to enjoy it, really did but it was stale as fuck. Tried to ignore the cringe too but it's too much as well. They really tried to improve upon the trashfire that was DA2 by emulating Skyrim and Witcher 2 as much as possible and the result was just bland and a boring slog. I ended up 100% it because of autism but I'll never get those 100 hours of my life back.

>oh wow i can send my army to do stuff, i cant wait to go kill shit with my army, i wonder if i can command them in anyway
>o-oh i just send them there and that's it
These fucking games always get my fucking hopes up with my high expectations and they never come through. I just want one game where
>i am the leader
>i dont do retarded fetch quests for people im supposed to in charge of
>i actually do things with the army im supposed to have

the thing I hated the most is being a mage not being able to have all my abilities available like in Origins

>Modern EA

no thanks. I have also heard nothing good about the game

it has the best waifu

Attached: Cassandra Penthagast.jpg (800x1024, 201K)

>waifus

It will take more than that to get me to play an EA game

not that bad is still not good enough to waste your time on it when there are more and better games than you could fit into your schedule even if you played 24/7.

Dude, writing a rational game.

>Qunari were perhaps the freshest take on a race of people who look and behave like something completely alien to the typical trash exotic foreign culture fantasy schlock.
this viewpoint can only come from someone who is completely unqualified to make that statement.
they are not at all original, if anything their weird agenda driven retcon made them more unique than they were.

Are there mods forf slutty armors?

Never have, never will.

Fuck no.
Even DA2 was better than this mindnumbing slog.

How can I if it puts me to sleep?

I've never even beaten Dragon Age Origins. I've tried 3 times and 2 of them was getting bored in that first forest area. Ugh.

Ostagar? You stopped before the game even starts proper?

he's probably talking about the elvish forest with the werewolves

Clever girl

i tried playing this. i got to the part where you unlock the big castle thing, but then i got bored and dropped it. my biggest complains are:
>snoozefest combat
>side quests are boring as fuck and i'm tired of doing the same thing over and over
>character creation is hot garbage
i was kind of invested in the story and i really enjoyed the characters. is it worth putting the effort into it?

Attached: 1564008169851.jpg (900x808, 92K)

I wonder how people so fond of such quaint, simple writing would react if they read some actually decently written stuff. The guy you replied to would probably jizz his tighty whities if he read Cherryh's Foreigner books.

I looked it up and it was to Korcari Wilds the first time. My second time which is the furthest I've even been is when you encounter that Blood Mage guy way later (they guy that was at the same Mage school as you). I tried again a few years ago and stopped at Korcari again lol

Yeah, the combat bored me too. And I hated the story too, particularly how a 'dragon' was controlling the darkspawn? I dunno, shit was retarded. I'm

I was always a pretty huge fan of Dragon Age: Origins, played it a bunch and the story of 2 + Inquisition still made them pretty worthwhile even though the gameplay was pretty awful in both. I wouldn't even say the story's that excellent and most of the characters seem pretty bad, but there are still some that are alright and what I enjoyed the most was the overarching story. The gameplay of Inquisition was real ass. My one playthrough was with Rogue and the fights were painful. It probably would've been much nicer with some ranged character, but I didn't know that at the time. The side missions were always beyond dreadful. They were generally a horrible chore with little to no reward at the end, so there really isn't much of a reason to actually explore that much and just going for the important bits makes a much better paced game. The obvious shortcoming is that you really won't know which parts you should skip and which you shouldn't on your first playthrough(s) and after that you'll know that skipping is fine by yourself. It also looked quite nice, even though it was a bit too glossy at times.

It's kind of inverted Mass Effect Andromeda for me. If a game combined the story of Inquisition and gameplay of Andromeda it would've been pretty decent. Sure, still not the best game ever, but pretty damn good nonetheless.

The good thing about Inquisition is that it really sets up and hypes the sequel somehow. While Inquisition feels like much less of a filler than 2, they both ultimately are made to lead up to something, probably revolving around the darkspawn being spawned by the tainted dwarven lyrium titans, thus tainted lyrium in 2 and will tie into what taint is, thus all the magisters and the obvious setting of the sequel, which will then tie into trying to destroy the veil. It honestly sounds like a great story to be unfolded, though I am kind of worried that it'll get somehow butchered and fucked up, though even if fucked up it'll still probably be pretty good.

Is it better than 2?

The only part of the combat I enjoyed was Necromancer Mage and that was only because you needed to chain abilities to get good damage. That stopped being fun very quickly. Namely because the class revolves around debuffing and doing extra damage to debuffed enemies. Every enemy miniboss and higher was either immune to one or both debuffs, making the class useless against the enemies you want to do a lot of damage to.

I want to be double teamed by them so bad desu

Or they would be bored to death due to overwritten garbage.

i somehow sunk like 60 hours into the game and didn't manage to beat it
i realize i was being defeated by the endless amounts of collection bullshit and that i enjoyed scrounging the maps for dumb shit and trying my hardest to glitch than game and that forwarding the story turned out to be the lame zzz shit
that revelation alone blew my mind and once i was at endgame i realized i had nothing left to give a shit about
i fucked cullen

The biggest problem with Inquisition is that it's filled with so many damn major bugs like the banter and music sound completely and sometimes irreversibly breaking. Trials causing your allies and enemies to just stop working (seriously how incompetent do you have to be for "All enemies scale to your level" or "Bears spawn as boss monsters" leads to "AI randomly breaks and you have to manually control them and do a jump to fix it"?). Being stuck in Frostbite (thanks EA) making it so mod-unfriendly that Qunari are basically unmoddable without crashing SOMETHING...

I did, it was alright before I realized the game was never going to fucking end. It just keeps going.

lmao imagine expecting anything from dragon age 4

>And I hated the story too, particularly how a 'dragon' was controlling the darkspawn?
No, the Archdemon is a dragon possessed by the darkspawn leader.

Who is the darkspawn leader?

One of the original Tevinter mages that broke into the golden city of the gods and thus corrupted it, creating the darkspawn in the first place.

play with my balls instead. fuck bioware. literal SJW studio

So if that guy died there would be no more blights ever?

I wish mages weren't hilariously broken in all games because it gives no incentive to play a different class.

Well there was more than one of them, but the issue is their souls seem to be ridiculously hard to kill. Keep in mind that in all of the history of the world there's only been 5 blights so far.

i wish witcher 3 wasn't the only good high fantasy game to come out in the last decade

>only a handful of abilities can be used in combat because consoles

Who thought this shit was ok?

Already played it through after doing every single thing in the game, roughly 250 hours clocked in
It started to get a bit boring towards the end but that might've been due to my choice of becoming Knight-Enchanter where my main ability is the spirit sword that keeps filling up my shield constantly with each hit so I was pretty much invincible for the rest of the game.

People always talk mad shit about DA:I comparing it to Origins, sure, it hold no candle to origin, but it's not a bad game. I bought it for 5 dollars less than year after release and I had good times with the game.
Dorian is a bro.

Enderal if that counts

I put like 150 hours into DA: Inquisition. I loved it, but I couldn't play it anymore because the war table missions were taking hours if not days to complete. Once you hit that point in the game there isn't much left to do, but I do just about every side quest and collectible in the game.

Is that even the case/confirmed? Like that's supposedly how the blight got into the world according to multiple sources at this point and magisters were indeed the first darkspawn and we see them create/control the darkspawn, but I don't think that we really know who or what (if anyone) is beyond the blights.

The only guy that says otherwise, who claims that the city was already corrupted when they got there, is the villain of 3 and like the most evil fuck ever so you wanna take his word for it?

I did. A lot of characters were rather annoying, the story felt pretty weak, and overall, the gameplay seemed like they wanted to create an MMO, but couldn't. Which actually worked fairly well for the multiplayer, but the singleplayer campaign was pretty dull.

Play Divinity OS 2.

I completely forgot that that's the case, I automatically played without the timers, since I can't stomach any amount of real time timers, especially that long.

What a shitty fucking mechanic.

>bethany was best girl of 2
>accidentally got her killed because I didn't put Anders in my party
fug dis shit

You lost me honestly. I don't recall anyone mentioning the place's been already corrupted.

I'd just want to ask where/how it's been confirmed that the magisters are behind the darkspawn/blight, since I've heard a rather compelling idea that the darkspawn from the depths are a result of corrupted titans/lyrium or something among those lines.

I'm really rusty when it comes to my Dragon Age lore, so it's kind of hard to put into proper terms and to remember correctly.

>I don't recall anyone mentioning the place's been already corrupted.
When you meet Corypheus in 2's DLC and bring up that he's the magister that opened the gate to the golden city, he flat out says that it was a horrific place when he got there.

You didn't take him along to max out his rivalry points and tell him that he's a goddamn lunatic that doomed magekind to a war of extinction in his attempts to be a hero?

I fucked him too and what a disappointment it was. To think they delayed release to add romance shit. So glad I pirated that boring snoozefest.

I wanted to use Fenris for once and the game forces you to use up your other 2 party slots.

>that desert area where everything is very far apart so you have to ride your lame ass mount

it's a single player MMO like Kingdoms of Amalur but with even worse, more braindead combat

Okay then, sounds like it's around the fight with him towards the end. I'm not sure how much difference does it really make in this case though. Regarless of whether the city's been already corrupted or not, or whatever the state of the city was, the point is that by getting there the taint got released in the world.

gamerbrain

no, its shit.

Bioware is dead, its time to let go.

Retcons galore
The qunari
trannies
narrative dissonance between story and gameplay
80% of the game is collecting shit and shitty fetchquests
dragonbattles are boring and repetetive
backtracking, lots of backtracking
terribly boring companions with no personality
ferelden retconned from je olde english backwater dogbreeder province to diverse shithole full of niggers and faggots
boring romance
boring mission layout
YES
NO
YES BUT SARCASTIC
MAYBE (YES)
dialogue that feels like it was written by lizardpeople and not actual humans

>biofags admitt that the only reason the play bioturds is because of waifus
>the waifus are complete dogshit and all look like dudes

Also, one is used goods and the other doesnt know how to use a toilet.

That's not a single example of this

Of course it will get fucked up, the initial designers of Dragon Age have long fled the sinking ship. What's left are not good for anything except using games as a medium for opinions. Everything in DA:I was shit compared to DA:O. The story started as an awesome dark post-apex world of magic and depravity. In DA:I it has turned into a Japanese neon-saga with seizure-inducing special effects in every direction.

>Loyalty missions in ME were pretty cool. >Loyalty missions in DA:I included helping a mage come out to his father.
>The once respectable Qunari from 2 are now trannies.
>Serah

Do not expect anything better.

The post-credits scene and the DLCs are the only good parts of the game.

Attached: 1534592657648.png (810x1080, 575K)

ngl liked it more than origins. Felt like the BG2 throwback I wanted it to be. Lots of filler content though, but if they actually pulled off the MMO component they were apparently planning originally it could have toppled WoW

Honestly I don't even rate loyalty mission in Mass Effect that highly. The content self was fine, but the execution of the concept felt extremely formulaic and bland to the point of me likely prefering both Mass Effect 1 and 3 over 2.

About Dragon Age: I already wrote that the characters were pretty bad. Solas seemed pretty nice and there were some okay bits with characters of the dwarf, Cassandra, spirit and fake grey warden and some of the supporting cast like Cullen, but yes the other ones were pretty damn awful, but that's kind of besides the point as the appeal for me was pretty much purely around the overall plot and worldbuilding, which to me still felt pretty good. Maybe it wasn't nearly as stong, but the games have set up so much that I don't think that payoff will be that dissapointing as almost any kind of resolution would be fulfilling to at least some extent.

Not sure what to expect, but if I had to guess or outline what would be a plausible and acceptable outcome, then I'd say getting a similar MMO-esque style game with actually good side mission, much improved fights and meh exploration. The story self would be around the level of Inquisition, tying up some ends and then expanding more into another sequel. The one part I have very low expectations for are the characters. Most will be straight out shit, some okay and maybe a couple will be good.

They were basically the muslims of dragon age