Defend this Yea Forums, there's no way BOTW should be rated this low

Defend this Yea Forums, there's no way BOTW should be rated this low

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02 The 100 Greatest Video Games of All Time.png (925x585, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

slantmagazine.com/games/updating-slants-list-of-the-100-greatest-video-games-of-all-time/
slantmagazine.com/games/the-100-greatest-video-games-of-all-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like BOTW a lot and it's ambitious, but it feels like it's missing a lot of content and feels more like a physics sandbox instead of a fully fledged game.

doesnt even make my top 5 switch games. replace the zelda sticker on the box and watch that 97 plummet down to a 70. absoultely lukewarm departure from the formula

> Bbbut Nintendo bonus
Seething

Assuming that's a greatest games of all time list, 39 sounds about right. The only Zelda games which belong in the top ten are Link's Awakening and NES. A Link to the Past should be in between around 30 or so. If you are doing a top one hundred Majora's Mask and maybe Oracles would make the cut around ninety or so.

I can't defend the placement until i see the rest of the list

You care far more than I ever have and I like BotW.

that sounds about right
im pretty sure there are more than 30 games out there better than BOTW
it still a great game though.

Name your top 5 switch games

>look mommy I said the bad gamed were good and the good games were bad

Source?

This. It feels more like a tech demo.

I didn't call any games bad. Are you deluded enough to believe that saying a game is only around the ninetieth greatest of all time is an insult?

It's about opinions and you have objectively bad ones

obligatory

Attached: 1536301499218.jpg (700x913, 111K)

you type gay

Which list is this?

the game loses the magic when you figure out that the best reward you can get after exploring or doing sidequests is a piece of clothing, and 95% of the time you get korok seeds/vessels/degradable weapons. it doesnt help that after the first few hours you have to actively ignore mechanics to make the game difficult

>MM #1
>Nier:Automata anywhere on this list

I swear memes, aesthetics and nostalgia is all these dumb critics care about

>the game loses the magic when you figure out that the best reward you can get after exploring or doing sidequests is a piece of clothing, and 95% of the time you get korok seeds/vessels/degradable weapons.

This is the dumbest 'complaint' ever. Literally every single reward helps you progress towards you main goal of saving the princess.

>n-n-no! Climbing up the mountain on a whim and discovering a corrupted dragon and fighting it in a completely unscripted event didn't reward me with a guilded golden Sheikah cock-ring so I could fuck Zelda's pink asshole in an QTE cutscene! The game is shit!

Attached: Well_now.jpg (994x800, 336K)

It's a Top 100 games list a New York Movie review site made
> 1. Majora's Mask
> 2. Red Dead Redemption
> 3. Final Fantasy III (VI)
> 4. Super Mario Bros 3
> 5. Shadow of the Colossus
> 6. Chrono Trigger
> 7. NieR: Automata
> 8. Portal 2
> 9. Metroid Prime
> 10. Tetris
> 11. Resident Evil 4
> 12. Ocarina of Time
> 13. Super Metroid
> 14. Super Smash Bros Melee
> 15. The Last of Us
> 16. EarthBound
> 17. Okami
> 18. Silent Hill 2
> 19. Super Mario 64
> 20. Final Fantasy VII
> 21. Super Mario World
> 22. Portal
> 23. Mass Effect 2
> 24. Planescape Torment
> 25. A Link To The Past
> 26. Max Payne
> 27. Symphony of the Night
> 28. Final Fantasy Tactics
> 29. Psychonauts
> 30. StarCraft
> 31. Super Mario Odyssey
> 32. Gone Home
> 33. Journey
> 34. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
> 35. Wind Waker
> 36. Inside
> 37. Rock Band 3
> 38. Fallout 2
> 39. Breath of the Wild
> 40. Super Mario RPG
> 41. Grand theft Auto V
> 42. Left 4 Dead 2
> 43. Animal Crossing
> 44. Bioshock
> 45. Spelunky
> 46. Dark Souls
> 47. Beyond Good & Evil
> 48. Jet Set Radio
> 49. Killer7
> 50. Bayonetta

It got a near-perfect score because the learning curve and content of the game tells you the game is awesome for the 10-15 first hours and then drops drasticlly in quality from lack of content. Game journos plays about that amount for reviews. Once you have sinked in more than 40 hours, the game is repetitve as fuck. Ever wonder why the furtest plot area is the most boring ? Reviewer would'nt even get there before finising their review

Game is 6/10 at most

post the actual site thanks

This exact website gave BOTW a 6/10 at release, so that proves that Nintendo games get rated lower on purpose due to contrarianism

>It's a Top 100 games list a New York Movie review site made

Kek

>10. Tetris
lol what a joke

> slantmagazine.com/games/updating-slants-list-of-the-100-greatest-video-games-of-all-time/
> slantmagazine.com/games/the-100-greatest-video-games-of-all-time/

Koroks aren't a reward, sorry you feel that way
Hope Nintendo doesn't though and 2 actually has better content

>> 7. NieR: Automata
Jesus christ lmfao
The list is good besides that but holy shit

> Tetris, Gone Home, Shitcher, BOTW, Killer 7, Bayonetta, Spelunky, GTA V, Rock Band, Fallout, Planescape, Mass Effect 2, Tactics, Melee, Mario RPG
Remove all of these & swap MM with OOT and this would be a good list

> Nintendo games get rated lower on purpose due to contrarianism.
That's a fucking lie, they're all over-rated over nostalgia. Golden age of Nintendo is over since Gamecube

> Yea Forums is still seething & crying their eyes out at NieR Automata after 3 years
That's how you know it's a masterpiece

Thing is, how do we define "best"?

Is it about the Game itself and its relativity to the time it came out, or relative to the recent time?

cause Ocarina of time is a legend that defined an era, no doubt. but its a worse game as BotW for example.

>Literally every single reward helps you progress towards you main goal of saving the princess
every reward makes you stronger but because of the low difficulty of the game you dont need most of them which makes exploring uninspiring after a while. with the champions' abilities and the vessels/korok seeds you find while getting to them you have more than enough to beat the game. getting every shrine or seed in the game is optional and after a while it gets tedious and meaningless

>Climbing up the mountain on a whim and discovering a corrupted dragon and fighting it
which is inside that 5% of content that is actually rewarding because of the experience itself. you could go to other 7 mountains in the game and chances are you will find a korok or a shrine with a simple puzzle inside, which is what you do for the rest of the game

Why do shitters have to go such extreme lengths so create a head-canon so they can hate something.

>all those hundreds and hundreds of positive reviews don't count! But that one mediocre review from a literal-who website, that's the only review which counts because it supports my opinion!

BotW 2 will be a straight upgrade unless Nintendo MAJORLY fucks up.

what don't you like about tetris? Its easily one of the most succesful games and popular among pretty much EVERY SINGLE PERSON

>Dark Souls that low
I'm not too surprised but still

Not him but those hundreds of reviews DON'T count. It's your own experience holding the controller in your hand and playing the game that counts.

>gone home, not only on that list, but above of witcher 3, wind waker, killer7, bioshock and fallout 2

>Koroks aren't a reward

Uh, yes the are. Koroks expand your inventory allowing to carry more and more stuff. This makes you more powerful because you're able to tackle more demanding combat situations and early game woes of weapon management become less of a restriction. Its called Player Progression Through Empowerment.

Its not Nintendo's fault you can't undersatnd simple game design concepts.

>n-no! I wanted a jetpack so I could fly around!

> Literally gives BOTW a 6/10 in 2017
> The same staff who reviewed BOTW end up putting it on their top 50 games list
> BOTW is the only time Nintendo has won GOTY since 2003 despite constantly have high Metascores
> Tropical Freeze wasn't even nominated & movieshit like Walking Dead won GOTY instead
> Bayonetta 2 wasn't even nominated & movieshit like Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY instead
> Super Mario Galaxy lost GOTY to movieshit like Bioshock
> Super Mario Galaxy 2 lost GOTY to movieshit like Mass Effect 2 & RDR1 by over 100 awards
> Twilight Princess lost GOTY to motherfucking TES IV: Oblivion
> Majora's Mask wasn't even nominated for GOTY & it took Critics a decade to finally start giving a shit about it
> No Pokemon game has a Metascore higher than 90, despite being a 100 Billion dollar franchise. Whereas rehashed garbage like Call of Duty has a 94
> Splatoon 1 & 2 only got a 81 on Metacritic despite the User scores having it much higher
> Super Smash Bros is the most popular fighting game ever & "Nintendo Bonus" Conspiracy theory dictates it should have a 97 like BOTW, but instead it barely got a 93
> Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a user score of 87, but faggot Journaalists only gave it a 82
Western Journalists are literally biased against Nintendo games & only like AAA multiplatform movie games. The fact that these same faggot journalists have them at the top of their best game lists yet still rated them extremely low on release & snubbed them for every GOTY award proves their is a Anti-Nintendo bias

It's a very basic game. Not a bad game, but in a ranking you're supposed to rate games that at least do something "wow". Otherwise the first positions become
>1. Fortnite
>2. Clash Royale
>3. Pokémon
>4. Tetris
and so on.

>just discover 900 koroks, what do you mean that's not fun? Fine, just go collect 90 orbs instead
>Want upgrade that armor? Just go collect 10 gayfrogs, 50 mushrooms, some other gay shit and give me 1000 rupees

Attached: 1560748133871.jpg (670x573, 69K)

> Collective experiences from 1,000 of gamers somehow means nothing
> Head-canon & made up conspiracies forcing your own subjective opinion on everyone else somehow does

the merit of art is not decided by the average opinion of plebs

Sorry to break it to you, but they are.

Open world games are cluttered with meaningless collectibles you just pick up by running over them.
Koroks are the cure to that cancer because
>they actually involve player action
>are an integral part of inentory management

why do you care though
you're literally complaining over small differences in arbitrary numbers posted by people who get paid to write blogs that hardly anyone actually reads
who gives a shit about this

This is actually a pretty good list

inb4 unga movie game bunga walking simulator and cuhrazy fags

These lists always have the odd game drastically out of position to generate clicks.

> Has to resort to using buzzwords
Way to invalidate your entire argument, this is how i know you are a massive contrarian faggot just trying to be edgy by hating on a popular game that most people like

Shitcher 3 is awful & so is Fallout 2, Gone Home is unironically better than both of those meme shitters

We are talking about the same journos that failed to get past the tutorial in Cuphead, so yeah

Um, incel detected, girls play games too sweetie.

>That top 5
List ignored

>just discover 900 koroks

You're not supposed to discover 900. But I assume you already know that and you're just a typical shitter who has to INVENT/LIE about reasons to hate BotW.

Koroks work so much better than similar ideas in other open world games.

Take Spider-Man on PS4 for example, which I'm currently playing. You have Peter's backpacks to find, essentially this game's idea of the korok content - a little easter egg hunt which provides you with credit to updgrade your stats and shit.

As is typical with most open world games, finding these backpacks is a chore. It involves nothing. They are lit up on your map and you just push your character there and press a button when you get there. That's it. Its NOTHING.

Nintendo, on the otherhand, understand game design far better than most. They gamify the concept. You aren't told where the koroks are. *YOU* find them all on your own. They aren't lit up on the map. Finding them is usually a subtle psychological test because your brain is programmed to question things which seem odd or out of place. So natural curiosity will pull you towards them- your focus is always on the visible world in front of you rather than constantly looking at your minimap - and when you get there will find some puzzle to do. Simple as fuck puzzles yes, but at least its SOMETHING rather than NOTHING.

Straight away Nintendo takes this tired and loathsome open world trope and turns it on its head, makes it engaging and rewarding and ultimately tied to the core gameplay concept - exploration.

Its subtle shit like this which puts Nintendo head and shoulders above every other developer on the planet - an understanding of what makes video games video *GAMES*. And its the kind difference that uneducated plebs cannot wrap their heads around because they don't understand the craft of designing games.

Other open world games wouldn't would even give you the freemdom to climb that area in the first place.

Attached: 1547633235085.png (246x184, 724)

> Popular bad
> Niche good
> Please tell me i fit in Yea Forums, despite the fact that Yea Forums likes every game in the top 10
Why are you contrarians so desperate for attention?

baited this exact response

>Imagine defending asscreed feathers
This is your mind on Nintendo

>Unpopular opinion is automatically dicarded because he must be contrarian.
Nice goalpost you moved there

>if you don't agree with the top 5 games picks made by a movie site you're a contrarian
not that user but my top 5 would be far different even if most of them are well-known

Zero argument. Why?

Because they are falseflagging Nintendo fags or assmad Sonyfags who didn't actually play it.

>Websites have different opinion on the same game, they must be biased
Perhaps they are more than one writter

Not him but
Mario Odessey
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Mario maker 2
mario bros deluxe
donkey kong country tropical freeze.
I wouldn't put botw up there at all

Or simply I like to shitposting, seriously nigger you too are part of the problem if you cants see beyond labels.

>Red Dead Redemption
>Final Fantasy VI
>Chrono Trigger
>Portal 2
>Nier Automata
>The Last of Us
>Okami
>Mass Effect 2
>Max Payne
>Psychonauts
>Gone Homo
>The Witcher 3
>Mario Odyssey
>Inside
>Rock Band 3
>Fallout 2
>Mario RPG
>GTA5
>Left4Dead2
>Animal Crossing
>Bioshock
>Spelunky
>Beyond Good & Evil
>Killer7
and
>no Bloodborne
>no Thief
>no Cave Story
>no Super Mario Bros.
>no Street Fighter 2
>no F-Zero X
>no Half-Life 1
>no Doom
>no Duke 3D
>no Masters of Orion
>no Morrowind
>no UFO
>no Dominions
>no Pacman
>no La-Mulana
>no Tropical Freeze
>no Dwarf Fortress
>no Tactics Ogre
>no Ultima Underworld
>no DEFCON
>no Marble Madness
>no Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil
>no STALKER
>Tetris is not something wow
>Comparing Tetris to Fortnite
underaged movie game fag
Bioshock was a step back in many ways from System Shock 2 and doesn't deserve game of the year. But, it isn't a movie game.
Twilight Princess and Oblivion are both shit.
Pokemon X&Y have a metascore of 87. That's overrated.
Xenoblade 2 was a rushed trainwreck with a few redeeming features and clear passion and talent from the few team members who weren't working in Zelda. It's also a movie game albeit not visual novel tier like The Last of Us or Final Fantasy 7

That's nice and all but 1 original title, 2 re-release and 2 slightly improved games of prior versions. It's like they bankrupted on creativity

Yeah I wish there were more exclusive non ports on the switch.

Why is it ALWAYS contrarians who spam the exact same fucking games every time? Literally anytime someone cries about popular games being bad they always shill literal who PC or console games that most people have never heard of, with a few outdated or niche games that nobody fucking talks about anymore. You can literally tell that anyone who claims a popular game is bad is going to cry about niche, outdated or borderline literal who games being superior with spamming "Zoomer" at anyone who disagrees as their only response. Blo

Yes it should be much higher on the list of overrated shit.

>underaged movie game fag
I was around when Tetris first came out in 1984.
If you want to discuss it's ok for me, but you have to put away your epic memes.

Zelda is one of my favorite franchises and I can't bring myself to play BOTW. I've tried at least 6 times and I just hate it I hate every damn thing about.

>fetch quests galore the first 15 or so hours
>world is huge with nothing in it
>weapon durability
>same 3 enemies just reskinned
>no actual dungeons
>ubisoft towers
>replaces dungeons with shrines

Just fuck this game. It is the literal definition of overrated shit. The game is equivalent to a massive ocean that is 2ft deep.

I'm gonna give the site the benefit of the doubt and assume Doom, Half-Life, SMB1, Morrowind, etc are on the list but not in the top 50, which is retarded but so are "Top 100 Games" lists in general

To be fair, only suckers bought a wii u. Everything on the switch is practically an exclusive.

Still designed and developed for Wii U, what's your point ?
>Only the Switch version of DKC:TF have an easy mode

Point is the wii u may as well not exist. Plenty of normalfags still don't even know what the Wii U is.