Okay, what does he really mean by this?

Okay, what does he really mean by this?

Is this going to be a preview of what the dialogue is going be like in this game? Sothis is already as bad as it is, but I was hoping the writing was going to be a bit more mature after Awakening and Birthright. Maybe I'm expecting too much, coming from the Game of Thrones rave.....

Attached: My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-08-01 23-51-20.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Yuukecchi/status/1155616564105773058
exhentai.org/g/1454555/0856a02448/
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8NH94xuY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For some reason Byleth has a handful of goofball options in the Prologue even though he's supposed to look and act dead inside, like the writers (or translators) were trying too hard to get you in the mindset of him being a Persona-style self-insert.

Okay, I'm apparently I'm actually the guy's son, and it rolls RIGHT into choosing a house. I'm surprised didn't pull another birthright with this game, since it seems like they're going to be completely separate stories.

>and it rolls RIGHT into choosing a house.
That's not actually the choice.

AND THEN IT GIVES A DESCRIPTION OF THE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES RIGHT AFTER CHOOSING, WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

byleth has the autism

You retard.

do any of the houses routes have any feels? i still havent started, but i just want some campy feels shit, which house should i pick? leaning towards Deer because i just like their units personalities better

It's not a permanent choice, it just raises your support with whoever you picked by a little bit. Honestly not entirely sure why that choice is even there.

Play the game, Byleth starts off the game as a zombie trying to emote and as the game goes on he starts showing a lot more emotion.

On one hand, you have a point.
On the other, I love those stupid goofball options whenever a game gives them out.
I rationalize it as it's a very stoic person trying to make jokes because he knows what they are and how they can affect people, but doesn't know how to get them right.

They are, largely. There's dozens of maps split across three routes one of them even branches and plenty of paralogues.

You're not locked in yet, that was just "who do you like most from their first impression" and you get some support points with whoever you picked. You'll know when you have to make the real choice but it will come before your first real map.

Blue lions

Jeralt says that Byleth used to have little contact with other people so it makes sense that he/she would start to emote more by becoming a teacher.

Deer is the camp and goofy house. Lions is the bro and FEELS house.

its a fe game what did you expect god dam

thanks anons, ill give the blue bois a shot for my first run

Ok so should I buy this game or what?

Attached: 1319457435707.png (400x400, 6K)

>or translators
literally the only thing preventing me from buying this is that

>Maybe I'm expecting too much, coming from the Game of Thrones rave.....
Is this b8?

There's some pretty heavy shit in both the story and supports. I'm doing Blue Lions, not far from the timeskip and nothing's exactly hit me hard yet but everyone in the class has some sympathetic angle to them and they're all generally pretty likable.
Dimitri in particular has a really strong inner conflict between his personal ideals and responsibilities as a ruler, it's come up with some great scenes in the main story and gets fleshed out further in his supports with Byleth and Dedue.

The oddball choices in the prologue are the only weird lines I've come across thirty hours in (and they only seem out-of-place in retrospect), so I doubt the translation has any major issues.

Attached: annette.png (424x439, 251K)

It's on the easy side, and the graphics can be kind of shit since I guess they skipped anti aliasing, but if you like FE and JRPGs then I don't see why you'd dislike 3H.
If you like FE but don't care for any of its story or support fluff then maybe it wouldn't be the best.

Seems like it's pretty much the best Fire Emblem game to date.

Best part; unlike Fates, there's NO golden ending, people are gonna drop dead no matter what you do and no ending is perfect

People VASTLY oversell the writing in this game.

This goes further for supports.
>reach b rank between Ferdinand and Caspar
>hey I punched someone!
>yea me too!
Or anything with involving Hubert
>Hello [insert character], you're pretty good but don't forget you're beneath lady Edelgard.
And don't get me started on the cringefest that is anything involving Bernadetta. 90% of her supports are just someone running into her and her freaking out.

This stuff is sucked off by weebs because its the typical anime overload. People say the characters are so much more fleshed out than other FE games, but realistically this just means more one dimensional weeb dialogue.
I miss the brevity of the old games. At least they kept it short.
And funnily enough, an old-FE guy with only a handful of lines in the entire game managed to have more personality than these weeb cookie cutter characters.

This game is quanitity over quality in pretty much every aspect.

that sounds great

Because the houses are trying to recruit you as a soldier before you get assigned as a professor

>Seems like it's pretty much the best Fire Emblem game to date.
Are you nuts or just a blind fanboy?

The game wouldn't even reach top 5 with how they botched and broken the strategy aspect. Even if you're really into the added exploration, hours of running and doing fetch quests arent covering up to that.

one of the best anyway. Story is still much better than Fates

>terrible maps
>broken combat with the lowest difficulty to date including meme lines to tell who's gonna be attacked next turn
>units wielding multiple weapon types to make things even easier and no support grouping is needed
>units can change to any classes making unit selection a favorite fest
>no WT, elmininating strategic aspects from the maps and unit deployment/grouping options
>animations are shit
>adjutants, gambits, stride - all broken as fuck
>magic system sucks and lets anyone just spam
>monastery aspect is just free XP allocation from PoR but made 200x as time consuming
>fetch quests - in a fucking SRPG
you have to be an absolute peanut brain, dazed by this game's flashy exterior to even suggest that its even close to the best

Don't get me wrong, its certainly the best of the Nu-FE games, no doubt about it. But otherwise it is pretty mid-range.

Story and characters/wordl building are pretty much this game's biggest strength. But mechanically its very unrefined and lacking.

you just saved me 60 dollars plus tip

thanks user

or just rent if you have gamefly or some kind of rental store that still works. The story is pretty good

Can flying units use magic

Only magic classes can use magic.
Im not sure if there's a pegasus/wyvern mage tho.

Its a bit fucked though since in this game, you dont equip magic, you learn it. But you cant use it unless you are a mage class. Its retarded.

Has anyone here played The Last Promise, or seen Siggy’s playthrough of it five years ago?

>you dont equip magic, you learn it
No, you equip magic just fine. It’s that you don’t BUY it this time around.

As someone who preferred FE15 to both 13 and 14, I disagree.

How do supports work in this game exactly? If I support two units together up to A rank, are they both then locked out of A ranks with other characters?

Not quite.

You have a seperate equip menu for magic from the rest of your inventory, so it isnt affected. And you still learn and "auro-equip! it without having to think about it for 90% of the game.

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
buzzword spamming retard

>preferred FE15
yikes

you're the one spamming buzzwords, stupid meme slave
let me guess, your next move will be to post a wojak

My only complaint is that the game is too easy. Lunatic update better be good and not full retard hard like awakening lunatic+

Is annette as cute as she looks

What's the point of having two portraits of the same person when he talks?

Attached: vn.jpg (1029x615, 130K)

Is this game worth getting a switch for?

Definitely too easy, probably my only complaint- that being said, there were still some nice little tactical puzzles especially if you didn't purposely cheese. I look forward to the real hard difficulty, hopefully it is good!

I am waiting for new difficulty options and not doing any other routes. Hopefully, it won't take long.

She is very cute
twitter.com/Yuukecchi/status/1155616564105773058

>Fire Emblem
>Good writing
>Video games
>Good writing

Attached: 1370917775925.jpg (500x341, 58K)

No, you can get as many supports as you want. Only support level you can’t get more than once is S rank, and that’s only for the MU.

Annette is so cute that the resident Edgelord cannot bring himself to be mean to her. She's the only person in the game that gets this treatment, he shits on everyone else daily.

Fuck off you goddamn Spic

very cringe

how do you guys enjoy this

I didn't do their A support but Coldsteel was just confused and mildly impressed with Bernie

No

Please tell me this game has dual audio.

Bernie?

It doesn’t. No opting out of the dub this time, you fucking sub purists.

>buzzword
There's literally no buzzwords in there, unlike in your post, you butthurt retard.

yes its in the extras menu.

It does, no worries.
Everyone sounds so stiff in the dub, kind of weird considering a lot of the actors have gotten around.

Bernadetta. She refers to herself as Bernie.

I doubt it.
Because the combat is really botched in so many ways.
You literally cannot do wrong in this game due to so many reasons.

I mean, I want it too, but I'm not optimistic.
They'd have to really rebalance a LOT of things. Even further limit Gambit use for example and other aspects that can be exploited.

>what is Final Fantasy 7, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Metal Gear Solid

>cute girls doing cute things is 'cringe'
Don't worry you'll get taste when you're older

of course

It's pretty hit or miss but there's some solid performances, Claude and Dimitri are both great thankfully

Attached: nowi witch.jpg (2240x1260, 304K)

The only GoT vibe this game has is that edelgorilla is basically the same level of stupid edgy that TV Daenerys was
At least until you actually read into all the politics and shit that are spread around the support conversations

Dimitri himself carries the dub. Him going insane for the first time pre timeskip was amazing

you can already enable next difficulty on a hacked switch. It reduces stats a lot, especially dex so you can't just tank all the damage easily.

I'm 28. Probably the oldest person in this thread.

>Everyone sounds so stiff in the dub, kind of weird considering a lot of the actors have gotten around.
Remember what we learned back in FE14’s discourse? How some of the VAs were given scripts without even knowing what their characters were or what game they were recording it for?

>is basically the same level of stupid edgy
t. churchcuck

>Sothis is already as bad as it is
whats wrong with her?

I mean if you're a cultural retard with no other metric than video games to judge writing then sure those are all masterpieces. But if you have access to even, say, a TV with local channels you realize how awful video games are in comparison. Hell games like System Shock 2 were written by screenwriters too mediocre to make it in Hollywood.

>How some of the VAs were given scripts without even knowing what their characters were or what game they were recording it for?
so basically how most of the dubs are done?

30 here
How are you unironically using 'cringe' at that age jesus christ

I'm 35 so you lost that bet
But I agree with you: its cringe

how are you 30 and still jobless

>. But if you have access to even, say, a TV
you need to go back

based

Attached: Edelperor.png (710x768, 1.07M)

>network television has better writing than vidya

Attached: asuka.jpg (344x268, 28K)

I bet he also likes capeshit

This is even worse than the Xenoblade 2 dub. What the fuck, I’m not even a Jap only fag but I’m using Jap audio for this.

>Everyone sounds so stiff in the dub, kind of weird considering a lot of the actors have gotten around.
Direction is everything.
Echoes has one of the best dubs in the industry.

>This is even worse than the Xenoblade 2 dub
come on now

Attached: archer smug.png (1920x1080, 269K)

>rex_screaming.mp3

He's not wrong though.
There's literally not a single video game that is above young adult novel tier.
It really isn't. Nothing in this game is as bad as XB2

>church says war bad
>uh oh, better burn the church down and start two wars to prove to the church that they are wrong

So much this. Weebs literally cry awesome writing the moment you have even the generic shit of one character acting one way on the outside and later revealing another side.
Its the most dumb and generic anime game shit ever and they slurp it up like cum

>>church says war bad
and Rhea is a saint!

Attached: 1553192045633.png (1280x720, 1.44M)

cringe

>Black ealges
Opinion discarded

Just stated with Blue Lions. What characters are must steals from other houses? Do I need to max anyone with Byleth before the timeskip or else they leave or die?

>he doesn't work nights
>he doesn't have a salaried desk job to shitpost from

>people act different ways around different people
>dumb generic anime game shit

Attached: Chiaki think.png (282x308, 26K)

greentext and weeb macro...
you sure showed him!

Imagine (not) buying games on a whim after reading shit posts on Yea Forums

Attached: 1564730415249.jpg (221x250, 4K)

>can't even write a six letter word

If you skip the dialogue it even skips that choice since it's entirely inconsequential.

>list of some of the most common criticisms for this game
>shitpost
???

>macro
>him

Attached: misha.jpg (372x395, 25K)

I used a pic from google.

Lysithea is the de facto nuke in the game
Dorothea is the obvious choice for making a dancer since they can use magic and she gets better spells faster
Petra and Hilda are both based as Wyvern Lords
I guess you could recruit dudes as well

The issue is that weebgames always revolve their character growth around that very same thing
>look at this cheerful girl!
>o no she's actually sad inside...
This is interesting once, but not literally everytime.
But then again, Japan hasn't learned to design more than the typical archetype characters either.

You still have the overachiever, the sleepy one, the hungry one, etc all in this game.
Low tier as fuck.

>JAPANESE GOOD ENGLISH BAD

Attached: 1564730813060.jpg (938x974, 81K)

English actually good in this case. Some characters sound absolutely terrible in Japanese.

Its way worse than the little stiffness you hear in the english dub once in a while

Hearing japanese Bernadetta was enough to convince me to stick with the dub

>Japanese one-dimensional archetypes bad
>Japanese multifaceted characters bad
are you sure you're not just ignorant

Attached: imagine.jpg (1600x1552, 531K)

Shit copypasta m8

Except you can’t tell if the voice acting is shit or not in Japanese, it all sounds gibberish to me, and therefore it’s automatically superior to comprehensible human English.

>chainsmoking 40 year old woman trying to sound like a little girl good, actual feminine woman properly voicing the little girl bad

End of BE route is feelskino

>you can’t tell if the voice acting is shit or not in Japanese

Attached: 1511544439676.png (586x578, 37K)

>what is tone
>what is inflection
And are you so retarded you've never once picked up at least a handful of words from consuming their media? Christ, this is such a dumb argument you tards always trot out.

Okay, I'm really overwelmed with all the shit to do given I'm a 100% autist and the action system doesn't let me do that.

What's the best way to spend my action points? Also, is trying to do as many battles as possible a bad thing?
Finally if i choose black eagle, are there any students I should try and get from the other schools?

More like
>Japanese writing bad

Haven't played BE but doubt it tops BL ending.

Just play the game you OCD faggot, you can't see everything the first time around anyway because of the multiple routes.

>copypasta
based retard

>haven't done any work for 2 days because of this game
I need help

Japanese Ignatz is worse

Don't know, I don't like how squeaky she is but her VA still seems to do a good job on the acting part.

I'd like the most out of it you lobcock.

Have sex

>there are actual people alive who cannot tell what the ridiculous, overly theatrical anime acting in 200% of all weeb games is trying to convey
Anyone who posts this needs to get diagnosed. You literally have aspergers.

Black Eagle is the edgy and evil with good intent route
Blue lions is the feels and edgy good route
Deer is the more lighthearted good route

There's a 4th church route that is more *your* route

two out of the three lords are fucking insane

>best way to spend my action points?
SHARING MEALS. Any meal that the character doesn't dislike (it doesn't need to be a favorite) will 100% refill their motivation so you can instruct them more. You can max out 2 characters for the price of 1 point with this, and build supports on top of it. Gardening and fishing is free so you'll never run out of ingredients.

Once your students have most of the skills they need to be competent, start using faculty training to beef up the MC's skills. After a certain point in the story you can do faculty training with any character which opens up a lot more training options for the MC

>is doing as many battles as possible a bad thing?
Only bad in the sense that you'll be overleveled and won't be challenged

>who should I recruit
Characters you like and whose requested skills match up with what you want to make your MC into. You don't outright NEED to recruit anyone, and random stat gains mean that one person's MVP could be a shitter on another team

Just go through your first route & learning as you play. Spend points raising motivation for the classes and then seminar/battle when theres no classes. Recruit whoever you like but no need for minmaxing autism on the current difficulties as real hard isn't here yet.

b-b-buh 500 hours

What is the correct choice here?

Attached: 1564717216272.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

Guards are bros never forget them
Annette is also weirdly into tactics iirc so she might like that choice

>There's a 4th church route that is more *your* route
Technically Edel's route is the 4th route, since Church is default.
Plus, Edie's route has a lot of "bonus route" characteristics

>What's the best way to spend my action points?
Spend them on activities that will progress the things you're working toward. Ideally try to earn Professor Points in the process since having a Professor Level means you can do more things more often.
>Also, is trying to do as many battles as possible a bad thing?
You shouldn't really need to grind but they can give great rewards, especially unique battles like special events, some quests, and Paralogues. Once your Professor Level is high enough you'll be able to do more than one (non-grinding) battle per free time, so you probably want to put off stuff like Paralogues until then.

If you really REALLY want to optimize just look up stuff on Serenes Forest

>are there any students I should try and get from the other schools?
Pick who you like or who'd fill some niche in your team. You shouldn't have any trouble just using your own class, the game's not that difficult. Again, look up their unit info if you really want to be sure.
Also keep in mind that for most units you'll have to make a significant investment in Byleth's build to accommodate the weapon type they're interested in on top of building their support instead of spending time with your own students.

Attached: 1515531599630.jpg (307x300, 63K)

So, which one is canon?
I'm treating the Church route as canon.

Just give the character you want to recruit shitloads of gifts. No need to waste your time leveling Byleths reason or riding if you don't plan to use those.

none are actually canon
like you said, you have to treat them as such if you want to, but technically its all open
but we have to see how the DLC route is taking it

How much do I need to think in these games
unit postioning and preparations feel like they would be my weakness

The DLC route will probably be canon to one (probably a sequel that treats BE as a bad end) if it's not a prequel or Slitherers route

I don't want a "everyone unites against evil dragon" shit route. I would rather a prequel about Jeralt.

Get Lorenz even if he's going to just sit on the bench. His paralogue reward is ridiculous.

It’s the easiest FE ever, even a brainlet can play it

Not much since this one has lines telling you what the enemy is likely going to do.

Preparations is just making sure you didn't leave anyone without any weapons
They added a target preview and kept the rewind button so you can play like a moron even on classic mode without having to reset

Why are the characters in this game so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!?

>pick BL
>its the same characters I've seen in countless other JRPGs and anime
>get bored and pick BE
>its the same characters I've seen in countless other JRPGs and anime
Why can't Japan into anything but repeating the same shit over and over!??!

Finish the routes cumbrain

Not much, from Awakening onward you get battle predictions that are easy to understand so you can weigh the risks of an action and they even show you what the AI is planning to do on their turn in this one.
Just make sure everyone starts with a suitable weapon equipped and position them so they're not running into something they get hard countered by (eg. sending Flyers into Archers)

Because they're making games for autistic wagies who want to relive their childhoods on the way to work

>don't like weeb games
>pay $60 plus tip for weeb games

Attached: thread.png (500x459, 23K)

That sound good. I hate the uncertainty of moving a unit and not knowing what would happen in other games like FFT or FE7, which is why I dropped them both.

>inb4 hurr durr that is literally the point of strategy you brainlet!
No its not, its just trial and error. You move a unit to the front and then suddenly an enemy soldier walks past it and attacks another you didnt wanna have attacked? Thats not strategegy, thats just bad game design. Strategy means always knowing how your plans wil work out. Strategy is about winning not losing.

You've always been able to see enemy stats and movement range so you could take calculated risks with your units. The newer games just do the calculations for you.

The ai in srpgs isn't smart. They usually just gang up on whoever has lowest defense/hp. I don't like the lines personally.

But you know the range enemies have, brainlet. Blocking their routes and predicting what they'll do is part of the strategy

> just do the calculations for you.
Exactly! Why do it manually when the computer can do it for you?
Lets me focus more on winning, instead of having to think how to prevent a bad outcome
Are you trying to belittle me?

>Blocking their routes and predicting what they'll do is part of the strategy
No its just playing around with your "game figures"
You roleplay as the heroes, the heroes canonically dont lose. The "strategy" aspect should just be clearing the maps as quickly and as efficiently as possible. If the computer helps with this then the game gets only better.

You sound quite dumb.

The game should just win for you, heroes don't lose after all

Anyone got the pic of Sothis overlooking the city?

Did I fuck up by recruiting half the cast on my first playthrough? I just realized now after the timeskip I have a lot less characters to kill in battle.

Please can you rank the top 5 fire emblem games, coming from an actual fan.

1. Fire emblem 7
2. Three houses
3. Sacred Stones
4. Genology of The holy war
5. Path of radience

>Preparations is just making sure you didn't leave anyone without any weapons
That's it? You don't need to move anyone from their default placement?

You're just belittling me.
No it shouldn't win for you, but it should make winning as streamlined yet engaging as possible.

Bro just go back to smash

there's very few maps I've seen where you have multiple placing spots you can actually use (ie Manuela paralogue doesn't let you place anyone near her) or are in immediate danger that you can't move away from
You can do that for optimizing your first turn but without Lunatic there's nothing that really begs you to so far

Wow, I can't believe Edelgard wants to stop this nice, sweet, kind pope! Down with the Emperor! I didn't vote for her!

>first FE game
>normal classic
>Bernadette dies in second stage but luckily doesn't count
>third stage
>blue haired BE kid dies because everyone targets him despite showing arrows to Edelgard
I hate sucking at strategy games.

You'll miss out on some battle dialog but also gain some other miscellaneous dialog elsewhere. Might also have to re-recruit some, though I'm not entirely sure who this applies to other than Lorenz

And look what she did after killing Rhea. The world is literally on fire!

Attached: 1537678604093.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

The arrows show who the enemy unit is prioritizing. If they can't actually attack them on their turn (for example, if their path is blocked by other units who moved in to attack first) they'll target someone else. You still need to think a step ahead when you leave units exposed.

>play anime game
>WAAAH WHY IS IT ANIME GAME!!!??

She was in front with none of my units in the way. Blue hair kid was 1 space down and left of her, with Hubert directly behind her and all 3 being the only ones in enemy range. All 3 enemies still focussed the blue haired kid and killed him.

Wow what a shit ending for their support, poor Hubie

I can't believe you're actually this much of a blind fanboy, to not only dismiss(common mind you) criticism as shitpost but even suggest that its only Smashshitters posting it because everyone else apparently loves it.

This is peak delusion.

>mind you

How does the game decide pairings when you a rank multiple characters?
Also what do the two arrows above a support rank mean? Post timeskip only?

Honestly the lack of retaliation is what kills the Black Eagles ending for me. People have no problems rebelling against the church during the game but people celebrate Edelgard killing their sons and husbands and invading their homes over the course of the game.

>How does the game decide pairings when you a rank multiple characters?
who gets the highest rank the first.

It's a four-stage support. C >>B A means C, B, B+, A

As for the arrows, they're just C+, B+, and A+
Believe they each have their own scene

Not him but in no particular order

>FE3
>FE4
>FE5
>FE7
>FE9
Thracia can be controversial, because despite the strong story a lot of maps are stinkers, but then again, there's not a suitable replacement in overall quality.
I'd rank TH 7-8th in the series.

He already confessed in their A support.

Hey Yea Forums you married Lady Rhea right? I mean who wouldn't want to marry the most wonderful and kind woman in the world?

>killing their sons and husbands and invading their homes over the course of the game.
It was their choice not to surrender. Thats how the war works.

Retard

>the woman who was KEKED to death

Attached: 1563885963684.jpg (1365x767, 141K)

what seminar would you attend based on teacher anons? i love the flavor text each of them have, this game is really great with that

tfw bernie is too shy to hold a seminar

Attached: 20190802055419.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

Attached: 1536645969417.jpg (1166x831, 79K)

>proving not just to be a shitposter but a redditor as well
Thank you for making my case for me.

Are they just going to rely on DLC to actually finish the game?
>Sparing Claude on the BE route does nothing, even though he says he's going to pay you back
>Datamining shows he was supposed to show up at the end to help
>Entire plot thread about killing the Mystery Niggas after taking out the church is never followed up on because the route ends immediately
>Datamining shows, once again, there was supposed to be chapters about that for Edelgard's route after killing Rhea
>All the datamined support ranks between Edelgard, Dmitri and Claude
>Unused enemy types, including dragons, cerberus and titans
>Datamined Sothis supports and stats, along with sprites and a unit ID
>Edelgard and Lysi paralogue about their crests
>Lines related to picnics and Sunday dates, clearly implying romance was supposed to have a deeper involvement instead of "lol here's a ring, now roll credits"

>man who thought he had lost all hope lost a little more hope he didn't know he had

Attached: Good Boy abused.jpg (1872x559, 163K)

Can't wait to play BE so I can see why she was such a fucking bitch

How the fuck is that even possible with the meme lines?
Nigga just follow the instructions on the screen!

And even if you fuck THAT up, your units are still OP as fuck. You'd have to be really fucking shit to suck at this game that barely even qualifies as strategy anymore.

>mfw Petra asks if I want to see the tattoos on other parts of her body

Attached: 1563516039974.jpg (1262x1294, 301K)

>Datamining shows
care to share?

based
cringe

Like I said 3 enemies attacked him in a row despite there being 2 of my other units in range.

Probably. IS didn't even do much work, they handed it off to Koei Tecmo who had to do a hack job to get it out before their deadline.

Rhea's mindset
>Humanity almost kills my entire race and makes poisonous crests out of them just for power.
>Humanity needs to be controlled and I want my mother back.
>I will let their goverments rule as they wish so long as it does not go against the church's ideals, all humans are equal under the church.
>Those of my race will be positively discriminated as saints to look up instead of demeaning humans/treating them as inferior
>I will annihilate and abuse the opposition only, but with extreme prejudice. Those who actively dissent and not just have doubts will be dealt with
>Once there is no hope for my people in this world I will try to cleanse it completely
>Oh and in the meantime I will try to reincarnate my mother in the daughter of a knight who saved me and have them take my place because I KNOW i am not the one who should be doing all this and will retire.

Edelgard's mindset
>Crests are a poison and the church are a corrupt warmongering ruler state, there is discrimination that we must deal with.
>Better invade the entire continent, use the very worst aspects of the crest as a weapon, sacrificing my own loyal soldiers and people I cared for the cause.
>Ruling it all under one ethno-state because the duscars did something bad once. Believing that *eventually* discrimination will be dealt with, but not acting now to get rid of it.
>I will annihilate any dissent with Demonic monsters made from the captured and my own people's sacrifices.
>If I dont get my way I will cleanse it completely
>Because I was poisoned, even though plenty of others have been before and many have suffered from the church, because I am an heir, I *deserve* to be the one in charge of it all.
>In the meantime I will try to convince teacher senpai to be loyal to me and be shocked at the slightest dissent.

The arrows arnt absoulute, if the Ai hits a 50% chance attack and the next is going to kill the unit, it will shift targets.

So you don't have to do it, but it's helpful nonetheless?

cope

So who started this entire mess? Did Seiros genocide those who slither's ancestors just for not worshipping her?

The datamine in on /feg/ but the supports themselves are placeholders, they are blank. The placeholder slots are Edelgard/ Dimitri, Edelgard/ Claude, Dimitri/ Claude.

Based Thraciachad.

Are there really that many conversation options without support boosts or do I just have a talent for picking the wrong ones?

probably the dlc route

there aren't that many that give support. And I feel like their impact is abysmal since you can just spam presents on whoever you want support with anyway.

Why is Edelgard such a cunt?

Attached: 1564227027022.jpg (2040x620, 421K)

>None of my units got a married ending except for Byleth and Lysithea
Did I fuck something up? I thought they were supposed to wait after the war for S rank?

Attached: L A U N C H.gif (1200x800, 549K)

I somewhat miss the garbage units from the previous games. It's weird having your entire army be complete gods. Even my healers do amazing damage

Not really.

Rhea is vengeful but actually tries to control it and tries to do things as harsh but fair as she can, despite being an emotional angry wreck. She knows this and wants her mother to return because she was a far better ruler than rhea could ever be. She only goes full edge when everything goes to shit, losing two of her friends who are also the only family she has left besides byleth, to once again the slithers, all because humanity is too power hungry to pay attention to the actual threat (even if it was a threat that was originally seiros fault)
She's fairly sound for an emotional insane wreck up until the war breaks out.

Meanwhile not only is edelgard insane from the start, she deludes herself into believing SHE is the only answer and actively works with the very enemy that caused her illness in the first place. Said enemy that wants to make the entire world suffer just as continued war against seiros.
Not only that but her methods are more evil than the church, fucking somehow she manages that.

Yes, it was mainly seiros that fucked up.

Whats the ideal/best beginner class for Dimitri before I make him a lord?

>Did I fuck something up?
you need to get units to A support for them to become couples at the end.

Yes. Then get Zelda and hope for a nier automata poet. You'll have the best 3 games of the decade.

Get smash for when ur bored

please continue.

Are church such niggers on all routes or just on BE?

I did though. The only ones who were who got duo endings were Claude and Lorenz, Raphael and Ignatz and Marianne and Hilda for non-romantic endings.
But all my GD students had A supports with each other. I was kinda hoping Lorenz would get Hilda.

BE is the designated CHURCH BAD route, yes.

Like XB2 it's very flawed but still a ridiculous timesink if that's what you're looking for thanks to the time management system
I wouldn't say get a switch just for it unless you're a girl or homo and want to play it as an otomegame

help me niggers

>I can be a genocidal and revengeful cunt because of muh history
Rhea is basically Black Lives Matter: Fantasy Edition.

Also, its like you fags ignore that Edelgard's end literally her plans work out just fine and doesn't fall apart like you're implying.

Why is every fucking A-Rank support romantic in some way? Bearing witness to a single character fall in love with like three others is just embarrassing. Dorothea, especially, is so desperate for validation that she's turned half of my house gay.

Lords are literally a cuck class, make him a Fighter/Cavalier -> Wyvern Lord

don't have the game because i'm a brainlet trying to understand shit, maybe make him something that can use lances

Not really, no.
Its ultimately a mid-tier Fire Emblem game, despite the shallow release hype.

Ye it is fucked.
But that's nu-FE for you.

Is it true that Marianne offs herself if you don't recruit her?

The datamined supports and characters don't really mean that they'll add it in dlc, since the same thing was true for Berkut and he never got added in.

Can't believe how many video game reviewers think this game is well written. I mean, it makes perfect sense considering how much they fawn over generic shit like Uncharted or TLOU, but I at least expect them to develop some taste over time. You really have to enjoy terrible anime in order to like the writing in this game.

Reminder that anyone complaining about 3H’s gameplay and/or maps probably suck Genealogy’s dick despite that game playing like shit

>Its ultimately a mid-tier Fire Emblem game,
Pretty much. But reddit-kids are hyping it up because it has anime characters.
Nintendo bonus is less of a thing than weeb-bonus

In her defense the guys opposing her were assholes anyways.

Preaching to the choir my man.

>flashy exterior
The game looks like shit

>this is an issue exclusively with nu-FE

Attached: 1563715939247.jpg (416x468, 90K)

fucking finally not having a physic user was painful the last 3 chapters

Attached: 20190802054902.png (1280x720, 1.58M)

haha reddit kids
>weeb-bonus
look guys I am not a weebooo!!

Attached: 1536392374593.png (605x381, 187K)

It feels like Edelgard and Dimitri can't think rationally without Byleth next to them.

Ye because classic-FE had self-insert stand-in MCs so you can marry all the waifus/husbandos right?
And because half the supports were about romance right?

Next time, at least try to play the games before you shitpost.

That's the point - whatever route you choose your presence influence people around and they act better.

larpers who are pretending to be oldfags just like to complain for shitposts, just ignore them

That's because it's true. They're both broken people.

Not to weebs.
>muh waifu hit that bad guy with de axe!
>muh anime cutscene!
Is all they need to get a stiffy.

>implying FE7, ie the only game in the franchise the majority of people who have nostalgia for this franchise have played, isn't exactly like that

FE3H is the 16th FE game. For all of those saying it’s a mid-tier FE game please name the 7-8 FE games better than it.

why don't you also complain about the anime game having anime video cutscenes in it?

sad cope

>FF7
>MGS
I sincerely. And I mean SINCERELY hope you are joking. If not, then I congratulate you on the most extreme nostalgia I've ever witnessed.

4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12

>Persona
What? Three houses is nothing like
>Constant guessing what people want to hear
>MC mostly doesn't talk unless it's chosen dialogs, no voice
Fuck

>4-5
>15
>12
>7-10
Done

>Lyn, Eliwood & Hector
>stand in MCs like Robin, Corrin & Byleth
You couldnt have made a more retarded point if you tried.
>the only game in the franchise the majority of people who have nostalgia for this franchise have played
And yet you fall even deeper....

>It's justified because it works in the end.
Every factions plan works if byleth goes with them that point is meaningless. It's the methods and reasoning here.
Rhea is fucked in the head, but like dmitiri at least she knows she is and has some semblance of not wanting to repeat the same mistakes until she loses it completely.
>I can be a genocidal and revengeful cunt because of muh history
>Muh boogeyman lives matter
This is entirely edelgards point too except it's only personal for her. She thinks humanity is the one oppressed and goes full blm, except unlike rhea she throws her OWN PEOPLE under the bus too.
At least edel's a unique character in terms of motivation for her deeds and personal issues? Oh wait no, there already IS a character who goes through the same shit but isnt a retard about it - Lysithea
Lysithea has worse poisoning to the point where she will die an early age after you win ( unless someone gets a cure in the right a supports) and instead of taking it out on everyone else, she uses it to work harder until she believes she's earnt her title, fights the very people causing the crests, the slithers, while PROTECTING those close to her with her own short lifespan.

>4
>5
>3
>6
>7
>8
>9

>7 doesn't feature (You)
>but bro there's like 200 people total who've played the SNES games so you're wrong!

>4 and 5
Not with those fucking maps they don’t
>actually saying Radiant Dawn plays well
lmao

>that point is meaningless.
No it isnt when its still the most elaborate ending ouf of the four.
>This is entirely edelgards point too except it's only personal for her
No it isn't since she actvely tries to change the world fundamentally for the better with extreme means and doest just go
>You did terrible things to my people now you have to suffer
But instead
>You did terrible things to humanity and its gonna change whether you like it or not

It's implied in her A-support with her that byleth's kindess (and any other a-supports she gets) was the only thing keeping convincing her to live.
You learn in it, that all her pre-skip daily prayers were actually Praying for the the goddess to kill her

>he doubles down on thinking Mark is the same as the avatar characters
You are a fucking retard mate.
>200 people
Yeah keep digging

I mean Lyn and Eliwood are about as interesting as a self-insert MC

>3
>4
>5
>6
>better playing than 3H
lol

What the fuck do the newer FE games even have to do with my point about the retarded, forced romance in every A-rank support? It's a shittier version of nu-FE's support system. At least in those games you could keep relationships platonic and a character's romantic interest wasn't necessarily among your lineup of units.

>And now you have to suffer
She only does that in BE route.
The only people she actively wants to suffer are the slithers, its when edel sacrifices flayn does she lose her shit.
Blue Lions and Golden Deer are objectively better rulers than edelgard, and dimitri was an insane ill edgelord who went on a full scale revenge path just to kill edelgard.

ITT: Oldfags seething

>(You)
Not him but that's a really stupid comparison.
Not only is he never ever seen and only a sprite(iirc the only CG he was in he's just in a robe and barely seen on the side, most of him cut off.) But also there's no direct involvement like the others and the endings all lead to him venturing forth.

Comparing that to a stand-in thats basically there just so you can romance waifus and husbandos better, is not really a good point.

i just started playing the game myself. i laughed my ass off when the second cutscene was staged like a typical samurai warriors cutscene and again when it dropped me into the very obvious omega force lobby. its like im still playing aot2! except the real part of the game is a different genre.
man they are shameless

Congratulations on outing yourself as an absolute idiot who knows nothing about Fire Emblem.

>Timeskip in Black Eagles route
>Decide to side with the church
>Lose Hubert, decide to make Linhardt a Dark Knight
>Pass when the game says 30%

Where do I get more Dark Seals? I was able to make Linhardt a Dark Mage but I really want that Dark Gremory slot filled.

>What the fuck do the newer FE games even have to do with my point about the retarded, forced romance in every A-rank support?
>It's a shittier version of nu-FE's support system
???? you kinda answered yourself there mate.
and yea, maybe its because nu-FE reved up the inter-character romance by 200%

Most of the bad shit done by the Church is by Rhea, the Church itself isn't that bad. The Church has chill dudes like Gatekeeper-kun and Fisherman bro.

That's just Japan not being able to do more than two different things.
Also: Koei being Koei

Educate me then how are these games better.

yeah, thats true. it was just too funny to see coming off aot2. i really dont mind so long as the meat of the game is actually good.

Are you retarded?
All of these have a strateg layer thats way more elaborate than F3H's.
And half of these have better stories.
The fact that you left out 7&9, aka the easiest games is really telling here.

All of the NES games are fucking trash (though 3 is the best of them), the SNES games have some of the worst maps of the series because they have to be ECKSBAWKS HUEG but everyone still sucks it’s dick because muh eugenics and lol everyone dies, 6 is okay but there are quite a few meh maps and everything about how Roy was handled gameplay wise was awful.
7 is good, 8 is good but easy (which is why it’s hilarious that people are shitting on 3H for being easy), 9 is great, and you forgot to mention the FE with the best gameplay which is Conquest.

>shitting on 4
>widely regarded the best game in the franchise

Attached: winku.gif (348x248, 1.66M)

I'd say nu-FE's choice in a character's ending is far more compelling than previous FE's lack of options or choice. Especially because you had to go through this exact same shit but you didn't know who would end up with who. At the very leastbnow you can sort of consummate your favorite relationships and those character dynamics don't have to go to waste.

I don't get this argument. I'm sure one of the hundreds of men you kill during the course of the game are good, but in the end they will follow their leaders orders. If Rhea orders them to set fire to a town with innocents inside, they won't hesitate.

>the SNES games have some of the worst maps of the series because they have to be ECKSBAWKS HUEG but everyone still sucks it’s dick because muh eugenics and lol everyone dies
Congratulations on proving that you've never played them and just parrot the snippets you've heard here and there.

The Empire does the same though, right down to killing students and villagers.

>At the very leastbnow you can sort of consummate your favorite relationships
This is not a good thing.
Romance shit in games deserves in the trash.
If the game has two characters getting married, fine. But player influenced romance shipping is for girls and faggots.

Yeah, I really like how in Chapter 4 you have to wait for all green units to die for some random asshole to let you pass.

Why are Solon and Kronya so underdeveloped?
Not only do they have shit "twists" on being villains, they both die almost immediately after, and seem to only be around to give a reason for Byleth to merge with Sothis (who also didn't get enough screentime despite having so much advertising and being literally God).

It's especially weird since Slitherfags get basically no screentime in every route except maybe one.

I don't want to defend the empire, but the church is not innocent of the things they do. There is no clear cut good or evil as just about everyone except Claude has done some good and some bad.

>newcomers and weebs praise FE-TH as the best game
>never really elaborate why and often just say "omgz the characters are so much more fleshed out" and "I just love this character!"
>meanwhile those who criticise the game directly pinpoint its problems and elaborate on them and show why the game is a rather mediocre entry ultimately

I don't get the point if this fanboyism. Why does the new game always have to be the best? They're practically doing the opposite of the "new game bad old game good" faggots and call it a day.
I refuse to believe that people are so shallow that the mere notion of having a new shiny toy to play with, completely dazzles them into thinking its amazing.
Why not look at it objectively?

Ah yes the brilliant strategic layer of having to spend multiple turns just moving units across a map because it’s so fucking enormous is really engaging, or how the one thing people remember form Genealogy’s story is the entire first generation getting wiped out because it’s literally the only interesting thing that happens. Or how much fun it is to be forced to drag around dead weight Roy because IS thought it would be funny if he only gets to promote 3 chapters before the end of the game.
The only reason the older games are harder is because everyone had shitty growths on their stats that was lessened in 7 and done away with almost entirely in 9, not because the games provided more interesting strategic challenges.

so, can i fuck the students or not?

Obviously unfinished 4th route that will be DLC.

I am 100% convinced that the people that say 4 is best are just doing it to make their e-peen look big and never actually played it.

Next thing you're gonna say is that how in chapter 2 you have to backtrack!
Oh no, I cramped your style because that shit has been parroted ad nauseum so even the biggest brainlet could pick it up.

This is my cute gorilla. Say something nice about her.

Attached: EA9aRE5U8AEY2e2.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

But there are already 4 routes, silly.

Nu-Emblem is shit, news at 6.

Is there a pattern for enemy behavior? I know there's the meme lines, but apparently those aren't accurate?

>the SNES games have some of the worst maps of the series
No
>8 is good but easy (which is why it’s hilarious that people are shitting on 3H for being easy)
True but F3H isn't just easy but overall casualized as fuck. At least 8 retained the core and just watered it down with optional grind and some other issues.
>and you forgot to mention the FE with the best gameplay which is Conquest.
I'm dying of laughter right now. Listen kid, a couple of decent maps with many of them being more of a puzzle than a strategy map, isn't "best gameplay". Not by far. Like, wow.

What makes it extra funny is that all of the people that effectively criticize 3H’s shortcomings then proceed to completely ignore the failures of their anointed game; Genealogy.

>Game forcing you in very shitty way to watch death of a literall who even if you could just go there and kill everybody without much of a problem just to get Leywn saying "lol you dead sister was hotter but I love you now" in his lover talk.
>Comparing it to just "use staves" in Chaper 2

>because it’s so fucking enormous is really engaging
Its funny because faggots say that F3H's exploration is great becaue the monastery is so big and is really engaging them.

And please don't pretend that it didn't do the world map thing damn well. Not to mention that the maps have 10x the amount of strategic possibilities.

>or how the one thing people remember form Genealogy’s story is the entire first generation getting wiped out because it’s literally the only interesting thing that happens.
Not true, but you wouldn't know since you never played it.

>Or how much fun it is to be forced to drag around dead weight Roy because IS thought it would be funny if he only gets to promote 3 chapters before the end of the game.
Absolutely true, but useless MCs like Lyn aren't a new thing. And they're still better games than F3H all things considered.

>he only reason the older games are harder is because everyone had shitty growths
Fucking delusion right here.

Because it’s fun to watch oldfags try and pretend that FE ever had really engaging gameplay.
FE has always been bottom of the barrel when it comes to strategy RPG gameplay.

Why does what other people think bother you so much?

>hey everybod, I watched a lets play
Drop it already

After graduation

Better question is what FE games are it better than.

>1
>2
>6
>11
>12
>14
>15

Yeah thats about half user.

Why are you so obsessed with 4?
Also, I dont think its funny because that almost never happened and I've been in pretty much every thread since release. People often compare it to older FE's in general but not 4 in particular, except for story and time skip reasons

You think they're going to port some of the older titles to the Switch? I'd love to play more since Three Houses is the only one I've played.

>100%
So you're saying theres no one who'd think that who has also actually played it? Because most of Serene's Forest would disagree with you there. Me included.

They're not inaccurate at all. They're about 99% right. The only times they change is when another character might get hit by a crit so they see the chance to make more dmg, or a path is blocked.

But the general pattern is "being able to make the most dmg"

I'll never understand people who play childrens' games for sex. It's not like there are going to be sex scenes, just implied
>they went on a date
>they got married
People are fucking retards

>No
Yes. Gaiden/SoV have the worst maps overall but 4 and to a less extent 5 are filled with overly large maps because it was trying to be “epic”
>True but F3H isn't just easy but overall casualized as fuck. At least 8 retained the core and just watered it down with optional grind and some other issues.
Fair enough. I do hope that lunatic will turn off the red target lines like how hard removed infinite grinding.
>I'm dying of laughter right now. Listen kid, a couple of decent maps with many of them being more of a puzzle than a strategy map, isn't "best gameplay". Not by far. Like, wow.
Then what’s the best playing one then? If you say 7 I will laugh.

I'm not bothered by thinking, I'm bothered by shitposting.
>FE was never good
Is such a cop-out and bad faith argument. Its a shitpost. That's all it is. And even worse, it's paper thin.

>Serene's Forest
opinion discarded, didn’t even read the rest of your post

>Prologue - cartoon villian kidnap some unimportant bitch, go rescue her
>Chapter 1 - cartoon villians are manipulated by even bigger cartoon villian, go kill him
>Chapter 2 - Cartoon villian manipulated by another cartoon villian is a retard. Go kill every single noble in Augustria while Eldigan is a retard
>Chapter 3 - Eldigan is still a retard, after dealing with him and killing of the cartoon villian of the pervious chapter go kill some filler literally who bandits while cartoon villians of Chapter 5 monologue their entire evil plan
>Chapter 4 - filler chapter
>Chapter 5 - kill cartoon villians and finally witness only interesing thing in the entire game
Such deep story

It’s also better than 3, 10, and 13

Stay off Yea Forums then. If you haven't noticed already it's shitpost central.

>Is such a cop-out and bad faith argument.
It’s true though. FE games can (and do) have good gameplay but they have always palled in comparison to the sheer amount of strategic options games like FFT, Front Mission, Xcom, Jagged Alliance, etc... have done

>4 and to a less extent 5 are filled with overly large maps because it was trying to be “epic”
No they didnt try to be epic, they were part of the world since those games had an actual world map the game was set on, as opposed to single territories.

And again, while there are some annoying maps most are pretty well done. Open Fire and Child of Light are often regarded some of the favorite maps by fans.

>I do hope that lunatic will turn off the red target lines like how hard removed infinite grinding.
I hope so too, but I think they'd need to do more in that regard, because adjutants, gambits and passive skills are all way too exploitable still. But yeah, fuck those red lines.
>If you say 7 I will laugh.
I wish I could because then we'd both laugh in each others faces, but gameplay wise I'd say either RD or Thracia.

I'm always hoping for the best.
You're right that they aren't as deep as them, but that doesnt mean that what they accomplished doesnt vary by degree. Saying we can't say one FE is lacking in comparison to another FE because FE lacks in comparison to say, Tactics Ogre is silly.

>let me just make meme summaries of the chapters
2/10 here's your reply.
Its also hilarious how much you're seething.
You're 20 years too late for this conversation kiddo. Genealogy will always be regarded as the best and you better deal with it before you pop a vessel

>I dont like the most elaborate and in-depth FE community, therefore I disregard your post
>but Yea Forums shitposting 24/7 with barely half an ounce of knowledge is fine
Why am I even wondering why these threads are so shitty?

>RD
fair enough

>You don't know the story
>Summarise 1st Gen
>I-it doesn't count
Seething

Is Revelations worth playing at all? I've finished Conquest, but got bored to tears by Birthright. Is it it at least bad in an entertaining way?

Easiest way to fix gambits adjutants and passive skills is to let enemies have them as much as the player. Its how Fates fixed Awakenings mess desu

if you've already gone through the other 2 there's no reason not to finish the trinity. the biggest issue is how obviously hamstrung the base game was by being made with the "true end" in mind

Imagine Conquest's nonsensically awful story but without any of the good maps

lategame enemies all have gambits, its why Authority is core on every unit since it raises gambit avoidance

Sothis might be a dud like Berkut but we're most likely getting lord supports. Echoes DLC added a lot of supports between established characters. We're getting new story and content but I doubt IS and KT will bother making enough units for an entirely new team, giving you all three lords, retainers and some new characters is the easiest way out.

They aren't? They just go after whichever unit they can damage the most?

>Saying we can't say one FE is lacking in comparison to another FE because FE lacks in comparison to say, Tactics Ogre is silly.
You’re not wrong. It must also be considered that the reason people are flocking to 3H and praising the hell out of it and ignoring the gameplay flaws is because of the heavy story emphasis. I’ve known people who have bounced off of FE games in the past who acknowledge that the games have fun gameplay but can’t connect at all with the characters and thus don’t feel much of anything for them through either story or gameplay, even with permadeath.
And now you have new players coming into 3H not knowing or caring about it’s mechanical flaws (not that they would be able to fully understand them anyway) because they can finally feel connected to their characters in a way they weren’t able to before.

Just fuck off with your shitposting already.

Enemies already use gambits and its not always for the better. Here's an example from my game:
>enemy is in range of wounded Lorenz
>gets in but instead of attacking uses movement impairing gambit that barely does dmg
It really need balancing on many fronts.

I see this place still has shit opinions.

Attached: Holmes Bunch of.jpg (160x160, 13K)

Your whole posts nails exactly what I think about people praising F3H that much.

What?

Tbf the AI is probably seeing it as safer as there may be a 1% chance of missing and getting counterattacked as opposed to 0% chance of counterattack on gambit

Ai mercy is a blessed treasure

I guess that's true enough. It's not like it can be any more boring than Birthright, anyway... hopefully.

>Conquest's nonsensically awful story
An awful story is not a good thing, but it can still provide more entertainment (and frustration) than a boring, safe story.

>but without any of the good maps
Oh no. I agree with people who complain about the "puzzle" maps, but CQ was still a nice change of pace overall.

This is what I've been saying by calling TH having a flashy exterior.
It focuses so much on its outside but not enough on the substance.

You're right about that, but it doesnt help with difficulty.
I have so many enemies wasting gambits on my units, its not funny anymore.

Its especially bad in cases like that, when there's a group of my units and they just move in to immobilize one of them.
Like what the fuck do I care? You're dead either way.

Revelations has some of the most gimmicky shitty maps in the series along with zero thought out unit balance and a fucking terrible story. I guess you could call it "entertaining in a bad way".

You’re missing the point a little. I’m saying that the praise is coming from people that believe that the improvements made to the fluff have also served to enhance the meat of the game as well.
FE7 does play better than 3H but I would understand if someone said that they cared a hell of a lot more about Bernie than they did about Wil, and that difference was the difference between playing FE and not.

>some of the most gimmicky shitty maps in the series
Maybe it should stay in the backlog for a bit longer... haha...

Attached: 1532853910394.png (200x200, 65K)

Stop using ellipsis you underage

Oh no... Oh no no...?

No I see your point. It's exactly why people flock to it.
I mean, just look at the fire emblem reddit.
Literally the whole frontpage is nothing but husbando and waifu drawfaggotry and shitty memes.
Obviously people are into that part.

Its just that I don't care for these people.

The post I was replying to said the meme lines were mostly accurate, are they not? So then if they change target, it's to deal the most damage possible to one of your units. Is that correct?

You are correct.
But they are accurate in the way that they're telling you where an enemy unit thinks it can do the most dmg.
Ultimately nothing changes.

And personally speaking from having finished one route already: the times where an enemy unit changed direction and it actually mattered were only a handful. To 95% those lines are entirely accurate.

>I mean, just look at the fire emblem reddit.

Attached: 1561246377245.jpg (598x541, 218K)

I genuinely wanted to play the dub and I can't believe how stiff the voice acting is, like they took the first take for every single line

The game has an air of FE4 about it which I like.
Speaking of FE4.
exhentai.org/g/1454555/0856a02448/

You do get Oboro quite early in the route which is nice.
Enemies are tough in Revelation due to min-maxed stats so one should be wary.

There’s not a single flying magic class

Attached: The Wyvern Hilds.jpg (1886x1320, 816K)

It’s by far my least favorite fire emblem. I have zero reservations for telling people to just fucking skip it.

>Odin joins at lv.9 Dark Mage in like Chapter 14
>Shura joins much earlier at like lv. 10 Adventurer

I don't think anyone looked at the Nohr recruits at all

Armor design is so lame in this

I at least appreciate the Gambits that force you to separate your turtle up from the splash effects

Shura is as strong as he is because they just used the birthright version.

hows your team coming along

Attached: 20190802091906.png (1280x720, 1.98M)

>they just used the birthright version
Yeah, the point is that they didn't give a shit and mostly just dumped the characters as is from CQ and BR at random points in Revelations.

>Play game for 5 minutes
>So this is what the game is like
nu/v/ has the attention span of a fucking gold fish

Bernadetta is so cute I actually love her supports.

I had similar thoughts. like wow, 15 years later I'm still on this same engine, the fucking feel and look of moving and camera control and even the minmap. that shit is reliable as fuck and KT stays trucking I guess.

everyone in my team is a shitter except bow knights and wyvern lords

Brehs I legit dont think I can play black eagles after playing blue lions its gonna be way to sad

Kill yer friends boyo

You can recruit every single student besides Dedue and Dimitri, and when you see what they do in that route you won't feel that bad killing them

Honestly they should've forced a limit to recruitment. It takes away all the bite of the second half

But Dimitri is the one I dont wanna kill, is there a way to spare him?

>Edelfart's class is the most dysfunctional
>Petra is seen as a hostage, only Dorothea and Ferdinand empathize with her
>Ferdinand, Hubert and Bernadetta's parents caused Edeltard the most pain
>the writing is so awful that Hubert becomes unwaveringly loyal to Edeltard for the sake of her having a loyal retainer character

>picked the meme route
>surprised all the characters are fucking memes

No. Both Dimitri and Edelgard always die if Byleth isn't around to tardwrangle their insanity

Meanwhile Claude always fucking lives

Realistically, how many students can you poach in a fresh run through the game? I only managed two, but it wasn't something I autistically minmaxed for since I'll be getting to their house route in the future anyway.

The writing seems better than average Fire Emblem faire, but there are still a lot of one-dimensional characters. I'm only about ten hours in so maybe everyone gets more fleshed out after the timeskip or something, but a lot of characters aren't really people, just gimmicks that talk about their one personality trait over and over.

Linhardt only ever talks about sleeping or books, Raphael only talks about food and being stronk, almost everything Lysithea says is based around her insecurity over being young, Sylvain only ever talks about fucking bitches, they went way too far making Felix an edgelord, I can hear the Linkin Park playing in my head whenever he speaks. Again, not seen everything yet, but if they were gonna add depth to some of the side characters later on I think they'd handle their earlier interactions a little better.

>under level 10
>magic students from other houses have points invested in both faith and reason

>above level 10
>lol, I forgot how to use that magic

Fuck you Marianne, I wanted to reclass you to a mage but you have E in reason now.

Pretty much everyone you can get to B rank to can be recruited which isn't hard with mission assistance and gifts.

>nothing about Raphael’s sister
Bruh

Right I forgot you can literally farm a shitload of flowers and spam gift them to whoever you want. They really should have either limited gifts to one per person per Sunday.

She starts with E in reason always. I play Deers and she's slow anyways, maybe get her to D in reason for Blizzard. I instead focused on Lances and Riding with her to make her a Holy Knight. If you unlock her budding Talent she gets Frozen Lance whkch deals a metric fuckton of damage in a single hit.

Is Might is just the weapon's damage or do I need to factor in the unit's strength as well

Just look at their attack There's a reason why that's the big number

Not gonna lie, I'd be down for some more Oboro Emblem.

Attached: 1533714260947.jpg (650x668, 75K)

no single game is worth buying an entire console for

the first A support they get determines paired ending

Not my language

the paralogues in this game are crazy interesting
only completed the golden deer route so far but marianne's paralogue and the lord of the wind gryphon boss one are crazy tense

>units can change to any classes making unit selection a favorite fest
Honestly I don't see the problem with this personally.

Are Master Classes that much stronger than Advanced Classes?

The Bar on the bottom shows the difference in stats

Most of the time, no. Its useful to create mounted magic users though. Or a magic user thats good with swords

>terrible maps
I like them. They're PoR/RD tier. Sure Conquest and such have better maps but the ones we have are not exactly boring. Manuela/Hanneman paralogue is quite challenging if you don't deploy Flayn.
>Meme lines
They lie a lot. It just tells you who takes the most damage. I honestly think they're a good addition given how Bows have Range +1
>no support grouping is needed
What do you mean? As in aura effect in the gba games or do you mean pairup?
>units can change into multiple classes making them a favorire fest.
And this is bad how? On the flipside you have full control of your team. You'd still have growths, base ranks and proficiencies to work around.
>No WT
To balance the above. You still have things like speed, weapon weight and hit rate to worry about, as well as meeting benchmarks for promotions.
>adjutants
Heavily limited in when they proc and how many you assign and what they do
>battalions
Low as fuck hitrate
>Stride
Broken and I love it
>Magic
You have uses per map, I feel it's well balanced. Better than never using Rescue in Fates to skip the final map or spending all your hammerene uses repairing staves. Likewise you can't spend 4~ uses of stuff like Warp or Rescue in a single map by hoarding uses for a single battle.
>Monastery
A clear goal of this game was to expand on the superficial aspects of the game that everyone loves and integrate it with the gameplay, which I like. People like these characters user.
>Fetch quests
Yes, your dick won't fall off for talking to people.
Also Lunatic Mode isn't even out yet, so difficulty is hard to fully judge.

Chill out, you sound like you're just averse to change.

As an oldfag, I honestly think this FE is similar to the older FE’s rather than newer ones, especially in how supports are written and mechanics. Theres a couple of questionable mechanic changes for me like removing the weapon triangle and the few amount of class choices, in particular which ones can use magic. However I’m very satisfied with the game overall. The only legit actual complaint I have is hard mode is more like normal mode while normal mode is just piss easy.

>>battalions
>Low as fuck hitrate
not if you level Authority a bit, and they're still pretty powerful stat sticks regardless

It actually concerns me for Lunatic. How are we going to deal if they give batallions to every enemy? Enemy phasing would be dead.

Either that or they'll bloat enemy stats to account for batallions. They could come up with batallions with no gambits and spread them out to all enemies.

Late game missions already give most units battalions they never use. I have never seen any of the fortress knights use the gambit that reduces damage dealt/taken to 1 for the turn.

Not my user.

they mostly just seem to use the attack gambits, not the buff gambits

She sounds way too old or at least her voice is way deeper than it should be for the character.

I don't get the arguments for OP gambits
only time I bother using gambits is to hit beasts without getting retaliated and breaking that single panel shield, then proceed to otk it

>They're PoR/RD tier.
No they're not. I wish they were but both games have more elaborate and strategic maps.
>They lie a lot.
They don't. I finished two routes and the times they lied I can count on one hand. The issue isn't just that they automate a fundamental strategy layer that should be manual, but that they showcase unusual AI behavior. Example:

I had Petra wounded in range of an enemy soldier on the first DK map. But instead of having to break out support and move towards her with the group, I knew she wasn't in danger because the red line showed the enemy is instead targeting full HP Byleth.

They're absolute trash. And furthermore they're also killing punishment for carelessly placing your units(which ALL of us do sometimes so dont even start) because you cannot do wrong anymore.
>What do you mean?
Being able to wield multiple weapons means you can abuse multiple breaker skills yourself. No strategy reason to group up units to support each other.
>And this is bad how?
Read the rest of the line.
>Heavily limited
Not at all. Again, I finished two routes and on the second I literally stopped using them due to how OP this is.
>Low as fuck hitrate
How about you learn how the game works? If you have just a bit of authority they hit with certainty. Its literally explained to you ingame...
>Broken and I love it
No doubt you do
>You have uses per map, I feel it's well balanced
It isnt. Instead of actually assessing if this map warrants the use of your best spells, you can just empty your repertoire. Goes hand in hand with maps not even being dangerous enough to warrant this thought anyway...
>A clear goal of this game was to expand on superficial aspects of the game that everyone loves and integrate it with the gameplay
Better luck next time then, because this is just trash, that could be done with two clicks in games.
>Yes, your dick won't fall off for talking to people.
>defending fetch quests
This is how low we've fallen apparently...

>Also Lunatic Mode isn't even out yet, so difficulty is hard to fully judge.
No its not you retard. The difficulty as is, is pretty fucking easy to judge. Why do you think everyone is doing it?
Just because they promised extra difficulties doesn't mean that you cannot judge the ones the game came with.

>Chill out, you sound like you're just averse to change.
You sound like a casual who has absolutely zero idea what he's talking about. lurk more

After the timeskip, your lord gets a massive AOE gambit with 2 uses. It lets you rush a group of 6 units, kill one and stun the rest.

I think its just that it adds to the overall disappointing challenge in this game.

There are a lot of things that aren't necessarily bad on their own, but its the package that makes it. Even if they'd up the dmg you take significantly, the game gives you enough tools to make it a non-issue

If they really wanna rebalance it, they'd have to put serious hours in

Fine, jesus christ. Be grump about it. You sound like the type of oldfag who thinks garbage like FE6 is good. Go play your GBA games another dozen times.

>Humanity almost kills my entire race and makes poisonous crest out of them for power
Fuck off retard, Seiros literally destroyed advanced humanity because she was mad Sothis was giving them more attention. She fucking started it.

>if you dare to criticize my new shiny toy then you must like what I dont like and need to go back to whatever
Very adult reply. I honestly don't get why people like you bother replying in the first place.
Just leave the discussion to adults.

So I'm on BE route right now 10/26 - the battle of Eagle and Lion, and I cannot take the game's low difficulty anymore because I'm an idiot who started on normal

Am I too far that restarting on hard makes no sense anymore?

Mine has only 12 str at level 10.

>the few amount of class choices
It is pretty lame that almost all of the Master-tier classes are mounted units

You're a little over halfway toward the timeskip
I did the same thing as you, that map was the first one that felt like it was putting up a real fight and I still steamrolled it, so know that if you're not enjoying yourself it's not really gonna get better until the timeskip and it still won't be very hard.

What? you're the one who's throwing a tantrum because the game doesn't play like you want it to. All your complains are very specific about features in previous games.
>magic doesn't have uses
>characters don't have restrictions
>weapon triangle isn't in
Your whole argument boils down to "old good, new bad".

If I'm a child, you're going senile

>throwing a tantrum
>discussing the matter and pointing at the issues
Surely.
>Your whole argument boils down to "old good, new bad"
You couldn't make a worse statement. There's plenty of ways the new methods could work if they were properly balanced and adopted. They just aren't. It has nothing to do with them being bad per se.

>no u
Very mature.

>You're a little over halfway toward the timeskip
Is the second half of the game as long as the pre-ts one?
Because if thats the case then its a no-brainer for me here. Because then I'm only roughly 1/4 in.

More like "we" are circlejerking because the way the game is played is pretty lackluster. At least get your terminology right bitchboi.
He's not wrong with anything he said. Thats why people say it in pretty much every thread.

She's very cute. One of the more likeable characters in the entire game.
Her ingame model bugs me however because she looks cross eyed

>Now I am a game developer and I know how to make a game better than the developer
How concieted.

Jusr shut up and leave clearly Fire Emblem hasn't been a game series for you in 15 or so years. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and make something instead of bitching.

what the fuc I never seen that lol
then again I steamroll everything on enemy phase with barbarossa/wyvern lord claude anyways

>They lie a lot
>They don't
WHICH ONE IS IT

>Now I am a game developer and I know how to make a game better than the developer
>Jusr shut up and leave
Jesus christ! As if there was any further proof necessary that you're either underage or extremely immature.
I don't know why you hang around boards and forums, if people discussing their criticisms trigger you that much, and you only wanna circlejerk over how blindly you love whatever is fed to you.

Not him but I can attest that they don't.
The only times they change is when a unit takes too much dmg during the enemy's turn so it becomes attractive but there seems to be a dmg threshold that needs to be met, because just getting hit doesnt cut it
Also those lines are literally made to tell you where the enemy hits so them lying would defeat their whole purpose

Alright I'll humor you:

Wapons and the lack of a triangle as they're are actually completley balanced, belive it or not.

Pls respond

>Wapons and the lack of a triangle as they're are actually completley balanced
AHAHAHAHA

>Wapons
>they're are
>completley
>belive
The fact that the statement is completely wrong, pales in comparison to you not even being able to construct and write one sentence without this many errors.

Because seeing autistic like you sperg out is mad fun.
Also the lines tell you who takes the most damage, but enemies may take different actions based ln their AI if they have different priorities such as running away, some may opt to attack someone else if all ganging up do not result in killing the taegeted unit and another target lets them survive instead. Pay attention to the enemy phase.

>I honestly think they're a good addition given how Bows have Range +1
Stopped reading there. Fucking casuals need to be shot.

Attached: nonsense.jpg (400x276, 20K)

Blue Lions post timeskip scene was pure unadulterated kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8NH94xuY0

>Because seeing autistic like you sperg out is mad fun.
>I'm retarded on purpose I swear
>people who criticize this game are autists
Alright I'm done with you. This is too embarassing.

>Thinking it's any less cringe in a language you don't understand
Retard.

>but enemies may take different actions based ln their AI if they have different priorities such as running away, some may opt to attack someone else if all ganging up do not result in killing the taegeted unit and another target lets them survive instead
Not him but you literally made all of that up just now.
I know it.
You know it.

It really doesn't matter what you think because you legitimately believe network television has good writing.

This is not true.
They literally do not do that.

Also, you fail to see the main issue user pointed out. That it doesnt just show you intended targets, but also shows you when the AI makes different decisions that you didn't expect.

That is simply something that doesn't belong in a strategy game.
Its like a never ending tutorial level in a chess simulator.

>I should've known you'd be haunting me too.
Holy fuck what happened to this dude? He looks like he hasn't slept in years.

Good lord user, could you put some more effort into not sounding like a retard if you're going to try and make an argument. I agree that the weapon triangle isn't as strong a component of strategy as people make it out to be, but you're just making anyone else who thinks that look bad.

>do edelgard rank B
>here user I have the FIRE crest like you, when I become EMPEROR I will change the world!
>flayn rescue mission
>edelgard casually sits out of it
>FLAME EMPEROR appears
>wields an axe

WOWEE I WONDER WHO THE FLAME EMPEROR IS

I can literally smell the reddit on you.
You should go back to your hugbox.

Sad Dimitri makes me sad

Attached: 1564486782876.jpg (577x611, 63K)

He hasn't slept for 5 years.

Just you wait until chapter 8.

>I agree that the weapon triangle isn't as strong a component of strategy as people make it out to be
I think the people complaining about it, do it less because it was such a great strategic addition, but more because this game doesn't compensate for the lack of it. I know I do.

The breaker skills should theoretically do that, but the lackluster enemy skill allocation and free-for-all gameplay put a damper on that.
But that may be fixed with lunatic for all I know.

Wait really? Is this guy's life just pure suffering? I've done the Black Eagles route and know about what happened with his parents but damn

I want to marry a nuke

They pull the disappearing act on every route so that it doesn't seem unbalanced. There is a scene later on where the flame emperor disappears then your lord immediately walks on screen.

I figured it out from the second time the Emperor showed up.
Because the mask indicates that its someone you or a character knows.
And when you listen to the intonation of the voice, and compare it to your characters, it was clear who it was almost immediately.

But I guess on other routes it isnt that easy.

Play his route. It honestly gets so much worse the more you find out about him

I'm hoping lunatic does fix that. It's had a tendency to add skills in the past so I imagine it'll do something similar here.

Agreed. Not just skills but it also changed enemy AI behavior significantly.

But if they wanna make the latter really difficult and surprising they have to get rid of the journalist lines. Or at least let us turn them off.

Ok I guess I'll just restart then.

UNGA BUNGA

Attached: EArk41BU4AIlpc9.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

Rememver weapons are keys, user, not exactly weapons anymore.

Swords have low mt, low wt and have high accuracy, overall a weak wepon type but they're the classes they unlock are all very powerful or carry powergul skills.

Lances are lukewarm, have quite a lot of weight for their damage type but they unlock all the riding classes

Axes are great and very strong despite its weight, but it only unlocks infantry classes and are mostly tied to slower units restricting their ability to double. The only riding class rhat uses axes is Wyvern Lord and for most units you need go out of your way to unlock it.

Gauntlets are essentially soft brave weapons that are great on slow units qho use the low wt to avoid being doubled as well as the brave effect, but it doesn't unlock many classes and the ones they do are underwhelming and/or gender restricted.

Bows are very powerful, but they require you to be stuck in underwhelming classes to make the most of then and need high weapon rank to make good use of them so you can't slap them on anyone

And finally you have to work with each character's strengths and weaknesses and their speed to gain weapon levels. The game has to take into account you might end up with everyone with the same weapon type early on for new players which is why breaker skills are only available until later in the game. This is the first FE for many players and the game is mechanically bloated as it is. You need to live with that.

Fuck you.
Signed: everyone

>Manage to poach Bernie
>Level her up three times
>Not a single point to str
Things aren't looking so good.

HILDA
HILDA

>Rememver weapons are keys, user, not exactly weapons anymore.
Stopped reading there.
Come back when you can write a complete sentence without errors.

>18 str at level 11
Fuck me, man. My Hilda is level 16 and has 19 str.

The first time I played I chose that option because I thought it was a joke. They didn't look anything like eachother, I figured we were both just mercenaries working together.

Did anyone else's Ferdinand just decide to become a super doge tank out of nowhere? I swear the guy can't be touched.

Literally everything you said is wrong.
Given how your conversation with the other user went, I'm reluctant to tell you why.
So instead of going into a whole greentext back and forth, let me just say 3/4s of your post are retarded and don't even emphasize the point you tried to make, and then jump right to the end of your post:

>And finally you have to work with each character's strengths and weaknesses and their speed to gain weapon levels
No you literally teach it in school you idiot.
>which is why breaker skills are only available until later in the game.
You literally unlock them with weapon mastery in the first quarter of the game. The fuck are you talking about?

Jfc, please go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

Mine too and I don't even know how this happened. He had the worst stats in all of the BE, but then suddenly started avoiding like a motherfucker.
Now I have him on horseback and he's just untouchable like you say.

Attached: gekki.png (1045x589, 618K)

>If I say you're wrong them you are!
Sure thing

>You teach them at school
So? Set it as a goal all you want, you won't get from E to A on Reason on someone with a negative boon by a reasonable ammount of time, if at all, say for instance trying to make Flayn a Gremorie.
>latER
I didn't mean like by the end of the game, but you certainly aren't unlocking breakers right away either, specially if you spread out your goals in order to get into specific classes.

I'm just pouring over his stats and can't figure out for the life of me how he has such high avoid. I've seen him doge a 2 x 24 at 76% chance to hit before.

>If I say you're wrong them you are!
>ammount
>Gremorie
I swear this faggot is doing it on purpose. Must be.

>later in the game
>actually I meant the first 10hrs
Huh
>if at all
You have no idea what you're talking about and you don't even know how the game is played.

I only started noticing it because he suddenly avoided +80% hits.

>>If I say you're wrong them you are!
Well you are and people took their time to show you why.

There's a point where you should accept it, and stop wasting everyone's time including your own.

They actually haven't don't. Nobody has even explained why the weapon system is broken in the first place, let alone refute why it isn't.

Her mouth looks too big for her face which is what bothers me. I think they used the same mouth across multiple models but didn't correct it for separate characters.

ferdinand is a cunt anyway, bitch constantly shit talked edelgard

>70% of master classes require riding

for fuck sake

happening to me too, he has more avoidance than a fucking thief and mine is on a HORSE

I can drop this fucker in a room with mages and he will start fucking Matrix Reloaded on them

I know people talk about the autism of the MC, but why does nobody ever talk about the autism of everyone else?
>Oh hey nice work
>WHAT IS *THAT* SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
>Wait what I don't-
>FUCK YOU, GOODBYE
>B rank achieved
The amount of supports where a completely nonsense misunderstanding occurs over absolutely nothing is insane. Hell, that's almost the entirety of Lysithea's supports, but it crops up elsewhere too.

>Not a single faith/flying class

ONE
JOB

There is a lot more voice-acting in this game than I thought there would be.

>Talk to some bumfuck literally who guard in the middle of the hallway
>6 entire boxes of fully voiced dialogue

Not even Persona went in this hard.
Gatekeeper best waifu

>no magical fliers at all
They’ll probably be added in DLC but this is bullshit, I trained Flayn a lot more as a Pegasus than I should’ve before I realized that Falcons can’t use light magic

I always think of the ending screens and narration as if it's from a biased history book.

>They actually haven't don't.
You're a fucking retard mate. I'm not surprised you dont think so because you dont even understand basic english or are able to write it.

>new paralogue shows up
>It's the same shitty town map I've already completed twice already
They really couldn't design more than one town?

They're hardly necessary. You don't get that many stats from them by the time you get to level 30, and several Advanced classes have very good skill sets. Swordmaster and Sniper, for instance, can only use Astra or Squall Volley if they're in that specific class and their natural passives are plenty to get you by for the whole game. Tome users struggle a lot to get the Riding and Lance skills without affecting their performance in the classes they course through in the midgame. Some characters are clearly made for them, though. Marianne has a budding talent in Lances and a proficiency in riding so Holy Knight is a great option for her, but you'd need to spec for it early on.

import the jap version or make a jap account. Problem solved.

I keep seeing arguments about the weapons being broken, what's up with that?

This, most master classes are small upgrades and advanced classes will do just fine unless you’re a flier.

imagine being so fat you sing about food

>unlock Astra on Catherine
>does 5x5 damage to enemies she’d normally one-round
Is this skill only useful for one-shotting mages or something?

Astra got nerfed after they saw what happened to Ryoma

>Sylvain just talk about girls and Felix is an edgelord
?
From what I see Sylvain is him being a brother to those around him Talking about girls is just how he start up a conversation
Felix is a tsudere who calls out on peoples flaws and idealism