ITT: Buyer's Remorse

ITT: Buyer's Remorse

Holy fuck, what a piece of shit

Attached: 1547200932787.png (451x640, 683K)

NOOOO DOOM 3 IS GOOD YOU'RE JUST NOT FROM 2003

Is Doom3 designed in pistolstart/flashlightstart-friendly way?

why do people keep making threads about this game now?

Probably because it got rereleased by Bethesda recently.

Correct. And its the shitty BFG edition. Not the original.

I'd say either edition is pretty cool. Original makes it extra spooky with no flashlight shooting at the same time. Bfg makes it more playable. This game was awesome and still is. Looks beautiful and can be hard as fuck. Sure it broke away from the original doom form but I think that's what made this most memorable and what made the recent doom games even more popular

I got it when it came out and I agree with OP.

Its only flaw is horrible, constant jack-in-the-box monsters who wait until you walk by to spawn at your blind side, occasionally coupled with an enemy in front of you as a distraction. Like it is fucking absurd how heavily the level design depends on this one single shtick.

I think it's because their engine couldn't do larger, more populated areas at the time, so this is their half-assed solution to the problem.

DOOM 1/2 are shit
>2D sprite enemies that have repetitive animations
>can't look up or down
>no vertical movement
>turn with arrow keys instead of mouse
>shitty sound design
>weapon animations have like 3 frames
>bland samey environments
>repetitive objective on every level
>HUD takes 20% of the screen
>little enemy variety
>enemies are slow as fuck and shoot slow projectiles
>35fps internal logic and corresponding input lags.
>Combined with fucking inertia implementation where you feel like you pkay as atank while walking, and you feel like sliding on glass while running.
>Also, ridiculously shit melee system, which restricts your movement in order to make your hits connect.

Shit games

>only the original Xbox version has co-op
>it was via Xbox Live or system link only
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1554830777148.png (325x300, 87K)

DOOM 3 was never good. It was disliked when it came out. Boomers hate it. Now zoomers hate it. Only millennials that were sixteen in 2003 look back on it fondly at all.

Doom3 was Dead Space in first person, minus the limb shit.
It was honestly pretty damn good if you were coming from other shooters like HL1, the lighting tech made that game age amazingly well, especially with mods.

>It was disliked when it came out
If that's what you think then you're younger than the game itself.

Doom 3 was hailed as 2nd coming of Christ and got positive reviews from everyone. It was a solid game back then and still is to this day. Yes remake is better but it doesn't make 3 any less good.

>Doom 3 was hailed as 2nd coming of Christ and got positive reviews from everyone.
lol calling bs. I was there. people hated it right away. the real time lighting was all the game had.

Nah, it was right up there with HL2 and honestly it's aged much better without all the characters blabering for 5-10 minutes between chapters to show off their facial tech.

Dude we all like a few bad games. I love Dragon Quest 2. I think crackdown 1 is really fun. Hell, Doom 3 is alright and you're right that it's really pretty. But don't pretend it's actually beloved or outright great. It's a kinda fun game that isn't a shadow compared to its predecessors. And when it was remade with better design and direction and called Dead Space, people said "Hey this is actually pretty good."

Attached: aids.jpg (506x411, 55K)

It's not about liking "bad games" it's about the fact that Doom 3 was never a "bad game" to begin with. It was praised when it was released and people only began to shit on it when Doom was released.

Forgettable maybe, bad not at all.

Anyone who thinks that Doom 3 is an actual bad game is a retard or a contrarian.
It had obvious soul put into it and it functions properly.

>ninty weebs, s0ys and zoomers don't like it
big surprise

Loved it personally.

If you want to hate doom 3 for something, hate it for its engine enabling Call of Duty to blow up into what it is today.

>pkay as atank

Attached: 1564226449320.png (400x419, 46K)