Have you forgiven Microsoft and successive Halo developer 343 Industries for Halo 4 and Halo 5?

Have you forgiven Microsoft and successive Halo developer 343 Industries for Halo 4 and Halo 5?

343 Industries said that Halo Infinite and the Slipspace Engine have been created with PC in mind.

Attached: halo-Infinite-2.jpg (1000x639, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uly-QptlvQM
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM&t=2s
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472258105/#472270069
halo1nhe.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Have you forgiven Microsoft and successive Halo developer 343 Industries for Halo 4 and Halo 5?
No.

>Have you forgiven Microsoft and successive Halo developer 343 Industries for Halo 4 and Halo 5?
No
>343 Industries said that Halo Infinite and the Slipspace Engine have been created with PC in mind.
They've said many things, and a good lot of those were a letdown.

Attached: .png (572x463, 163K)

I liked Halo 4. I haven't really forgiven them for 5, but if Infinite doesn't continue any of its retarded story or gameplay ideas, I guess I'll give it a look.

Are there people that are this stupid or is it all just shills?
>HOLY SHIT CHIEF IS IN HIS OLD ARMOR ON AND THERES THE RIN AGAIN HALO IS BACK BABY!
>HOLY SHIT IT'S CAPTAIN PRICE COD IS BACK BABY!

Keep sprint
Keep ledge grabbing aka clamber
Keep the ground pound from H5
Remove Bungiefags stuck in their outdated ways
Remove oldfags who don't play Halo anymore
Remove Halo 3 fags
Remove dinofags
Then Halo is good as it were.

It's not shills, it's worse. Shills would at least wait till gameplay was shown. This is one guy doing it for free

I actually enjoyed a lot of these features more than I thought I would. The mobility in H5 was fun without being oppressive or overbearing. Maps were shit and imo were a bigger problem of the mp.

whens reach

once MCC comes out I can proceed to safely ignore everything the franchise shits out after

I dunno about Halo fans but I can absolutely tell you CoD fans are that stupid. They just want to pay full price for the game they liked when they were 14 over and over again.

You forgot the worst remaster ever created, taking a whooping 3 years to fix. 343 has made 3/3 dud halo games its pretty cringe desu.

devs have no idea when it will be ready
all they know is that they'll do a firefight beta then multiplayer and after that full release

Stop polluting Halo threads already you fucking degenerate.

>Game has been anounced for 418 days
>Still no gameplay
>Still don't give a shit

>created with PC in mind
Windows 10 is not a "PC", it's a fucking botnet.

>worst remaster ever created

Attached: silent_hill_collection_hd-1903902.jpg (521x600, 47K)

Fuck 343i. They've been talking about Reach on PC for 3/4 of a year and have nothing to show. At this rate Infinite will be released first.

Nobody will ever forget how 343i was handed a fucking cash cow of 10+ years and somehow managed to make fully irrelevant in 2 titles.

Those are movies

Attached: ZgIopzJ.jpg (1137x640, 44K)

343i, listen to this faggot if you want to continue on your streak of failures.

not an argument

>All of MCC will be out by the end of 2019
>No idea when they will finish the first game on the line

Attached: 1555601471238.png (540x408, 101K)

Stop being a waste of air.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 2.84M)

Not until i see gameplay.

Get AIDS faggot.

I stopped giving 343 shit after 5's multiplayer. I doubt they'll make a good campaign ever, but I'll get Infinite off of 5's multiplayer alone.

ADVANCED MOBILITY IS A FUCKING LIE. Unless it's Titanfall-tier, "sprint" is just "move slower to shoot" and "clamber" is just "crouch jump but without being able to aim or shoot".

No. Infinite will be trash. They’re just making a battle royale game with bad story the more people play. Its an awful idea and amazing no one in the media has called them out for it yet

You know how that actually worked to a degree? MCC didn't.

Stupid niggers have outright said they're putting themselves in a corner, too. "Well, we wanted to add UE4 for character customization, but MCC is already close to memory limits."
JUST
FUCKING
SEPARATE
THE
GAMES
I WILL BUY 2, 3 AND REACH FULL FUCKING PRICE AGAIN PLEASE DON'T SHACKLE THEM TO MCC

they are over complicating an already complicated task

>The mobility in H5 was fun without being oppressive or overbearing

>Can't shoot 50% of the time
>Jump height lowered
>Maps full of ledges you need Clamber for
>You're never fucking shooting
>Shit maps in general with no sightlines, because we not only need lowered guns, but less visibility of other players and less scenarios to use them
>Sprint generally feels slow and shitty to use unless you chain 2 more arbitrary Spartan Abilities
>Sprint delays shield recharge and this adds literally nothing to the game

look pal all i care about is old halo
whether or not infinite is good doesn't mean 4 and 5 aren't bad anymore

rape your game until its dead and it will be good
okay retard

Vien may be a degenerate, but at least he has good taste and knows 343 is full of shit.

You literally just suck desu lmao

Where the FUCK is my reach???
The UE4 memory problems are specifically on the console version

Yes

>memory limits

Explain this?

Is it coming out for Xbone X or just Scarlet and PC?

They're adding a UE4 backendy thing to the menus (as you can tell, I'm not a programmer) to allow for customization, since the alternative would be to load each game up every time you wanted to swap out a piece of armor. That takes memory, though, and apparently it's taking too much of it.

No they made Master Chief jump to high in MCC Halo 3. They will NEVER SEE A CENT from me again

Hell yeah MCC is probably my most played game of this gen. Fucking love that game and I won't play anything else once Reach drops.

Lack of ram. My PC has 11gb of Vram and 16gb regular. OG XB1 has 8 shared so assume 4 as Vram and 4 as normal. The game was probably programmed to use 4 maybe 6

Source?

Play Halo 3 360 then on MCC, go to the part where you first get guns on crows nest. Jump. You hit your head on the ceiling in MCC. I believe the official reasoning is along the lines of "we don't want to confuse players of the newer games"

>Remove dinofags
Proof that 343 games aren't all bad.

The fuck is a dino

Spend time in any Halo thread for long enough and you'll see what dinofags are and why they need to not be pandered to at any cost.

Listen anyone who doesn't expect halo to evolve is a fool. I just don't think the game needed ADS for all guns the fact CSGO is still one of the most popular FPSes is proof that the Halo 3 formula works. I'm a rabid retard. I loved reach when it was new. I like 3 much more. I didn't hate 5s gameplay besides when you aimed in the air and you hovered there. The story just sucked dick so they lost me. But what is a dinofag

What previously-playable faction in Halo most resembles a dinosaur?

Lol anyone who played as an elite was a little brother

What’s wrong with Halo 4 and 5?

Been playing the master chief collection so I like to know what I’ll be in for.

Eh

4 was a trashfire. 5 was severely flawed in it's campaign but was a huge improvement for it's MP. The books, after the intial ickyness of the travis triology, have been really solid. They seem to actually give a shit in terms of listening to community feedback with stuff now.

I'll wait and see.

I can't imagine liking 4 but disliking 5. I guess 5's campaign is even worse then 4';s, but only barely so, and the MP and core gameplay is a giant step up from 4.

I'll defend a number of 5's mechanics, and I agree that 3babies and nostalgisfaggotry is strangling the series, but this is just blatant contrarianism; the 3 mechanics you called out are also some of the mosat iffy/questionable ones. You didn't even say "keep thrusters" or "keep hover", which are the actual two spartan abilities with clearly postive gameplay impacts in terms of adding skilljumps

5's """"""""ADS""""""""" is just trhe same zoom the series has always had with a new visual look (albiet one I agree is worse) and on more guns. On like 80% of the sandbox it doesn't even do anything and nobody bothers to use it.

Yeah but the old zoom on non scoped guns in halo 3 functioned more like binoculars than sights

I liked 4's campaign and didn't mind it's multiplayer. I hated 5's campaign more than almost anything I've ever played and didn't play it's multiplayer because the campaign pissed me off so much I didn't want the disc in my Xbox anymore.

An attempt at a neutral summary:

4:
>Implemented explictly CoD inspired gameplay ideas that goes against Halo's core gameplay philsophy, such as loadouts and perks
>Story is a bit of a cringy mess that tries to add narrative and emotional weight but doens't really work and MC and Cortana are both pretty out of character
>Enemyt AI in campaign sucks
>Art design is pretty bad, UNSC visual aeshetic is butchered
>Forge is a step back from Reach

5:
>Campaign is even worse then 4's, missions largerly suck, story is just a waste of time and completely shits on the stuff 4 sets up and not in a good way
>Online only for MP
>Gameplay is back to even starts but implements new movement abilities which are divisive: some people like them other people hate them, less of a clear bad thing and more your mileage may vary
>No big team battle maps not made in forge due to a focus on warzone, which is a new big scale PVP and PVE mode in one which also uses microtransactions though it's actually the least shitty impleementation of microtransactions i've seen in a game
>Art style is still shit

If sprint is remove then all is forgiven, very simple.
However, 343i is incompetent, so sprint will not be remove.

I'll also note that i'm only saying what 4 and 5 did BAD, I'm not mentioning the stuff they did right, though it's not like it outweighws the bad stuff.

again, on most of the guns it still doens't really do anything and it ouright helps make the AR less shit.

I'm fine with them cutting it but I really think it only helps autos to have it as a function.

>no Marty, the music of Halo
>no Joe, the writing of Halo
>only Frank, the genius behind evil Cortana and Miranda betraying Chief for killing her Flood infected dad, also defended changing the design of MKVI from 3 to 4
Do not be tricked, it will be shit.
Be prepared for "the People".

Attached: aborigine.jpg (1500x1125, 1.28M)

Half of what made halo good was the music and skyboxes. Halo Infinite best learn this

Halo was never good.

Attached: 1556295347338.jpg (320x422, 22K)

4:
>Custom loadouts with perks like Call of Duty
>Corpses don't drop grenades, you need a perk to retrieve them
>Weapons despawn 30 seconds after being dropped
>Maps don't have weapons on them because "just make a loadout lol"
>Random power items spawn in random locations, at random times
>Literal killstreaks
>No descope, making the sniper broken
>A literal Call of Duty sniper that has massive spread when hipfired, but kills instantly anywhere.
>Sprint
>Wallhack ability
>Garbage maps
>No Camo powerup
5:
>Sprint
>Clamber
>Bad weapon balance at launch
>No BTB maps
>Game was very content-light at launch, it took months to even get Forge
>Missing modes
>All of the post-launch maps were just using existing assets and prefabs to create new layouts.
>New layouts were generally trash.

To be fair the skyboxes have actually stayed pretty good, especially when Certain Affinity is doing them.

I'll outright die on the hill that the skyboxes of the maps they did for Halo 4 and H2A's MP are the best skyboxes in the franchise; the envoirmental visuals for them are gorgous in general

Attached: halo_the_master_chief_collection_01062015_21.jpg (1920x2160, 637K)

Are they good? Yes
Better than halo 3? Idk bout that

Attached: maxresdefault(4).jpg (1280x720, 48K)

>Bad weapon balance at launch

Bull fucking shit, 5's weapon balance at launch is easily some of the best sandbox balance the series has litterally ever had, only other real contender is CE and that only had like 7 fucking guns.

the Precision weapons were as effective as ever, except now they had -0 spread period and were 1:1 accurate. Automatics actually could hit shit past 5 feet and were effective enough to justify picking them up for the SMG and Storm rifle, almost being psuedo power weapons, with the AR not being particularly great but was a solid gun still, with the magnum similarly not being better then the precision weapon pickuips, so there was a point to pick up other guns, but was still versatile and rewarded skill and could beat any other gun provided you were accurate enough, etc. Other guns like the needler, raingul, etc were all effective and worth using; etc.

The only fucking issues with 5's weapon balance on launch was that:

- The AR could have benefited a bit from being designed more around rewarding accurate bursts, such as by lowering it's spread gain for the first few shots and adding back the headshot bonus on shields, at the cost of lower base damage
- The Suprressor and boltshot were worthless
- The Storm rifle might have actually been a little too good and could have used a slight damage nerf, but not as much as it got.

>I'll outright die on the hill that the skyboxes of the maps they did for Halo 4 and H2A's MP are the best skyboxes in the franchise; the envoirmental visuals for them are gorgous in general

What were the best Halo 4 maps?

what you posted is from reach tho

Also IIRC I thgink the DMR might have been a bit too good on launch, I think it got less good in the TU which was like the only fucking good balance change the TU actually did

Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer was fine, felt a bit weird with the halo 4 engine, but was fine, did some things well. But Halo 2 Anniversary's graphics in campaign are a letdown, it comes down to higher fidelity textures but less detail, which is sad.

>Bull fucking shit, 5's weapon balance at launch is easily some of the best sandbox balance the series has litterally ever had, only other real contender is CE and that only had like 7 fucking guns.

Why did they change it?

In terms of skyboxes? the ones CA did. So most of the DLC ones. I think also Solace

I know you reply to me every time, but we already have the BR, we don't need another burst rifle.
The Boltshot was fine at being a blunt weapon. Not as good as the Halo 4 one, but still had a little bit of a use.

All of the autos were far too rewarding for their ease of use, and the DMR was a straight upgrade to the magnum.

>but less detail

What was less detailed in H2A Campaign?

Ah shit I meant to post the one from the storm, duckduckgo tricked me

because people, especially the competitive communoity, have absolutely fucking moronic, retarded ideas about how halo should balance it's weapon sandbox, where 1 gun you spawn with is the best gun tpo use in most situationds and should centralize the entire meta.

I mean there's only so much you can do while working within the confines of the game's original engine. H2A's campaign still looks gorgous in some places.

Attached: 2266317024_300a53f64c_z.jpg (640x360, 29K)

Are you implying the post-patch AR isn't good anymore because it doesn't kill 25% faster than weapons you actually needed to aim?

The floor in the first mission comes down to just big grey square tiles. In the original graphics there was more details about the metal floorings.

Halo meta was always about picking up better guns. Except for old 2, that shit was all about zooming across the map with you sniper/sword combo

All three

>Keep sprint
>Keep ledge grabbing aka clamber
They're most likely doing that
>Keep the ground pound from H5
They're most likely removing that
>Bungiefags
>oldfags
>Halo 3
These guys are all essentially the same thing, 3babies.
>Remove dinofags
Already done and will stay that way

If you stay in this one long enough, one may show up, they're as bad as Zero Suit fags who bring in ACfag in Metroid threads.

>Halo meta was always about picking up better guns.
Not really. CE had an on-disc gametype that spawned you with a pistol, while the other 2 games had BR starts.

Frankly being able to play halo 3/ ODST on PC at 144hz or 4k will satisfy me more than 343 ever could coping 3s formula. So they might as well do whatever will make Halo Infinite good as long as the story isn't shit. I never cared about the MP once it stopped being about custom games

We aren't talking about swat here swat fag.

SWAT didn't exist until Halo 2.

This, I play for the campaign, always have, always will.

The flights chief...

Attached: 1564424376753.png (774x417, 372K)

>He didn't play Halo CUSTOM EDITION
Halo CE doesn't count as anything other than Pure Classic. That game could fuck my wife to death and I'd get it a beer

Attached: Screenshot_20190802-051703_YouTube.jpg (719x395, 153K)

youtu.be/Uly-QptlvQM

>CE had an on-disc gametype that spawned you with a pistol,

Slayer Pro, right?

Custom Edition didn't have SWAT an an on-disc gametype either.

Attached: file.png (1604x632, 848K)

Yes

What were the best Halo CE custom maps?

Simpsons house

Snow Grove
There was this one map I played on not too long ago that was a re-imagining of Warlock, but made entirely out of natural geometry. It was fun.

>All of the autos were far too rewarding for their ease of use

Bullshit.

All of the precision weapons in every game but the CE and Halo 5 Magnum are easy as fuck and have a way more ergegious ease of use to effectiveness ratio then Halo 5's automatics did aside from maybe the storm rifle. The Halo 2, 3, etc BR takes maybe like 10% more baseline skill to use at most yet is like 5x more effective then the Halo 5 AR is. It's outright easier to do well with any precision weapin in virtually any halo game then any given automatic.

All Halo 5 did was give autos enough utility to actually make them bothering to worth use.

I'm all in favor of making autos require more skill so they don't have a hard skillcap/low skill ceiling and so they aren't purely spray weapons, but don't fucking act like the 5 autos are suddenly too good for how easy they are when they are still less so then precision weapoins in past games.

You say "actually needed to aim", but aiming precision weapons like the BR and carbine is generally trivially to begin with. The only precision weapoins in the series that actually had a somewhat high skill floor to land consistent shots with was the CE and Halo 5 magnum.

And yeah, the post TU H5 AR is, while still better then the AR in say 3, is basically almost never worth using over the magnum now. You can actively start to shoot somebody with the AR before a magnum user starts to, from up close, land nearly every shot, and still get killed by the magnum user.

1/2

>Miranda betraying Chief
w-what

Probably means Miranda going in to save Johnson and die?

cont:

>Halo meta was always about picking up better guns.

That's my point, that's what it SHOULD be about, but in practice that's never really the case aside from poewer weapons, there's always the 1 token utility precision weapon you spawn with or the community wants to spawn with that basically shits on every pother noin power weapon.

The Halo games DO need a versatile utility weapon with a very high skill ceiling so a player can theoritcally kill any other player even if the other player has good pickups provided the utility weapon player is skilled enough, to ensure a team can't just get every pikcup and then is impossible to make a comeback from, but having that utilluity weapon actively be really GOOD at nearly every range, and a super viable and effective weapon even at middle to low skill levels of play, makes it totally domiant and defeats the point of having non power weapon pickups, and that's how nearly every Halo game has been.

Halo 5 did it right; You have a high skill, versatile utility weapon you spawn with, but it's a jack of all trades master of none weapon, with other guns being generally better at their role; and you NEED to actually be that much more skillful then the other player to win with it, but you CAN provided you are.

Jason wanted the Miranda betrayal though.

tin the original draft of Halo 2, Miranda was assmad at cheif for letting her father die in CE, so she had a bomb strapped to his back that she wad going to use to take him and the covenat ship out that ended up getting destroyed in the "what rif you miss" cutscene in the final game; it was going to be a whole mission where you boarded the ship instead

Any way to play Halo CE portable?

>All of the precision weapons in every game but the CE and Halo 5 Magnum are easy as fuck and have a way more ergegious ease of use to effectiveness ratio then Halo 5's automatics did aside from maybe the storm rifle.
It's all relative when comparing weapons within the same game. Autos are always easier to use than precision weapons in every game; this is why they had shit damage output. The only exception to this was really Halo 4, but the AR in that game also didn't have the accuracy to make it dangerous outside of smelling distance.
>but aiming precision weapons like the BR and carbine is generally trivially to begin with
If aiming those weapons is trivial, then you can land a bullseye while blindfolded with the AR.
> is basically almost never worth using over the magnum now
Aim better. It still kills faster up close.
>b-but that's only up close
Which is where you should be using that weapon. Fuck off with trying to make the AR into another precision weapon, we already have enough of those.

Attached: green is the fastest possible kill with headshots, red is fastest kill with body shots.jpg (1107x454, 156K)

That would have been the shortest Halo game ever.

Not yet, I'll forgive them if Infinite turns out to be really good and not a moment sooner.
Never post in a Halo thread ever again.

Yeah shit I meant Jason my bad. Frank is still a fag for that armor thing though.
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM&t=2s
51:11.

As we can see "Chief is going crazy and has an obsessive God complex about saving humanity or some shit so his superiors don't trust him" is another plot 343i picked. It's like they just took all the retarded ideas they scrapped and made them teal.

Am not really sure what the graph is saying. But it looks interesting

Windows 10 isn't PC

Attached: laughing forehead.png (292x389, 86K)

Also to add, I said "Halo 5 did it right", but that was more in reference to how launch halo 5 handled it's utility weapon/the magnum, I think as a whole the 5 sandbox is still too big for it's own goiod and could benefit from trimming the fat and going for a more CE approach with a smalkler sandbox with more unique roles per weapon.

Essentrially, I'd use a modified version of the H2A sandbox, which I touch on here: boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472258105/#472270069

Yeah, no, your entire framework for how you are defining "easier" is stupidly flawed.

For anybody who isn't a literal retard or who has played an FPS before, you will meet the baseline skill floor for precision weapons, and you will find more success using precision weapons then automatics. Autos have a lower skillfoor then precision weapons and being """"""easier"""""" means fucking nothing when 90% of players still meet the skillfoor for precision weapons; and the fact that precision weapons are so, utterly, stupidly, disproionately more effective then autos, even comparing the SKILL CEILING for autos againsst the skill floor for precisipon weapons, only exacerbates that.

Also, the entire notion of having guns just be shit guns for casuals to use is inherently bad weapon balance. Actually fucking make autos reward skill decently.

>Aim better. It still kills faster up close.
In ideal situations, in practice you are still better off using the magnum even at close range. "aiming better" with the AR doesn't fucking help you because of the amount of spread it has, the skill ceiling with it and all autos is low. Again, actually fucking make autos reward skill that way retards like you won't complain about them being OP when they aren't shit as if the 2/3 BR isn't 10x more disprioinately effective even at lower skill levels.

1/2

Read the filename. It's a chart of all the changed weapons in post-patch Halo 5.

No, No, see that's not how it works. They can list all the things they've done that I wanted them to do nearly 8 years ago at this point, but it doesn't matter. I don't care. I've gone from being pissed off to not caring. 343 turned Halo in to a bad ex that "made things up to me." I'll never feel better about it than not caring anymore. But I'm not mad.

I'll never feel good about halo again.

Attached: 1496992678851.png (640x480, 428K)

Has there been any MCC PC news recently? Seems they've just went completely underground with it for a while now.

Attached: 1534627338355.gif (320x287, 781K)

>Yeah, no, your entire framework for how you are defining "easier" is stupidly flawed.
Are you arguing that the AR has ever been more difficult to land shots with than a precision weapon in the same respective Halo game?

They've posted progress reports at the beginning of every month.

They have? I guess it's me that's been underground the whole time.

cont:

>uck off with trying to make the AR into another precision weapon,
Firstly, giving autos extra range doesn't "turn them into precisipon weapons", it just actually evens up their utility: Precision weapons are good at long range, great at mid range, and still good up close wheras autos are good at close and fucking useless at mid and long trange. Just making it so they can actually hit shit past 5 feet and engage a bit further out isn't turning them into precision weapons, it's just equalizing the effective range a bit, and even then the total amount of range precision weapons are viable is still way longer.

Secondly, Halo is the only fucking FPS that has this hard fucking split between precision weapons and automatics like this. Plenty of other shooters just define guns based on their accuracy, fire rate, spread, etc along a spectrum. Making it so the SMG, AR, etc actually have high precison at low spread levels and can be used out to mid range, especially for the AR, when bursted and have lower bullet magnetism and aim assist to compemnste wouldn't be "turning them into precision weapons", it would just be making them not be fuill retard, exclusively spray and pray guns, and would accompluish the above extended range in a way that's not just a net buff but forces the player to be accurate with them.

Thirdly, in the context of Halo's sandbox, perhaps that's not desirable as a universal change to all automatics, since Halo tries tpo have guns be more unique in roles rather then having a bunch of samey guns like in CoD, but making the AR speffically be an automatic designed around accurate fire where you are changing the ;ength of your bursts actively and adaptively in response toi the range of engagement woiuld be a unique niche that would set it apart from bother other autos and other porecision weapons. You need some way to have it have a uniquye role comp ared to the SMG, and that's a good way to do it.

2/2

>Halo tries tpo have guns be more unique in roles rather then having a bunch of samey guns like in CoD,

What about Halo 2 and Halo 3?

Ahhh post patch. Thought it was just headshot strength

They literally posted two updates last week. With the one from yesterday you can see how far they are with Reach on PC, showed four more working levels, they are already working on Quality of Life features like ultra wide screen support with the ability to have HUD elements spread out or in the middle. Two more flights coming for it, both focusing on testing out multiplayers, which is what I think delayed them, due to getting multiplayer infrastructure in order. They already started making a featurelist for CE and asking for more advice from the community on the CE port (including fixing the shitty graphics that Gearbox left behind).

Mates idk who is saying what. But if you're against the zoom animation and dare to call it ADS as in cod/bf ADS. You would be a big retard

Reminder that if you play Halo competitively you're an actual retard and should hang yourself, or at the very least castrate yourself so you don't accidentally impregnate your sister and bring more retards into this world.

Attached: 1530012711044.jpg (902x960, 86K)

>(including fixing the shitty graphics that Gearbox left behind)
Good lads.

It doesn't need to be on every weapon, and making it take up screen space is retarded.

I don't think that's a meaningful question, is my point. But let's play along.

>it's easier to make sure your shots land consistently with precision weapons then autos since they are precise, your shots land where you aim them, vs the spread making your shots veer off course untcronyollable with autos; and since the semi-automatic and burst fire nature of them makes it easier to ensure your shots only come out exactly when you intend them to.

>It's also easier in that precision weapons havre a far wider, more expansive range where they can effectively land shots and engage enemies then the AR or any other automatic weapons

>putting aside shots landing, it's also easier to get kills with them for any but the most unskilled players, due to the fact of their aforementioned range versatilituy and that the skill ceiling/cap for autos is fairly low, wheras the skill ceilinjg for precision weapons is higher, so even a competitive, pro level halo player with the AR will get shat on by an average player with a BR in most engagments unless the AR player manages to flank the BR player from very close range.

I could go on. Yes, the AR, SMG, etc is """""""""""""""""""easier"""""""""""""""""""" in the sense thjat a litteral retard who has never used an analog stick before will have an easier time landing shots while spraying and only being able to aim in the general direction of a target then a precision weapon, but for anybody who has actually played FPS's before, doing well with precision weapons at the vast majority of engagements is going to do better for them then automatics. It being easier in that specific situation does't fucking matter because that only impacts like less then 1% of the play population. And for the BR being like 20% harder to use at it's minumum skill level, it's like 500% more effective, so it's not even proportionate.

I would be okay if it was a toggle option but don't want them to take it away from infinite.

>>it's easier to make sure your shots land consistently with precision weapons then autos since they are precise
This is the problem. They were too consistent in Halo 5, without taking into account their damage or autoaim. You had the best of all 3 worlds, which is what made them so fucking stupid. A scoped AR was basically an infinite range LG.

343i REMOVED ghost wheelies (holding down the A button while boosting, which has been in Halo since CE). I will never forgive them for that.

I mean I think Halo 3 has a bloated weapon sandbox with a bunch of clone guns, but compared to something like CoD, even Halo 3 still has more a set of discerete weapon roles, even if there's a ton of clone guns for each role; wheras COD more has a spectrum and just different guns placed on different points of it.

I don't think Halo should switch to the Cod Model of samey guns with minor attirvbute differences, but I do think that making automatics act more like the automatics of other shooters where they aren't just purely spray and pray weapons would help halo's balance issues a lot.

>Reminder that if you play Halo competitively you're an actual retard and should hang yourself, or at the very least castrate yourself so you don't accidentally impregnate your sister and bring more retards into this world.

Thoughts on Halo NHE?

halo1nhe.com/

>""""""""""""""competitive""""""""""""""
>console game
>sub-30fps

nope
I NEED MCC ON PC FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That website's design is absolutely disgusting. I now hate Halo NHE and I don't even know what it is because fuck every site that has smooth scrolling and retarded dynamic loading text like that. It's like someone who just finished their first class of web design was put in charge of that site

Except precision guns were still the far better weapons on average, and precision weapons are still more disproportionally effective given their ease of use. Simply because they have a slightlly higher skill floor then the AR doesn';t mean the gap between the skill and their effectiveness is lower. It's HIGHER then with the AR's.

If you accept that the Halo 5 AR was too good given how easy it was, then the Halo 2 and 3 BR, the Halo 2 and 3 Carbine, the Halo Reach NR and DMR, the Halo 4 DMR, Carbine, and BR,etc are all too easy to use given their effectiveness even moreso.

All Halo 5 did was bring autos a bkit closer to the difficulty:utility ratio of other guns.

>A scoped AR was basically an infinite range LG.
Using the AR schoped at a distance was pointless in any situation other then against enemy AI in campaign/warzone, or other then against an already weakened player who you got the drop on.

It's coming.

also i'm interested in hearing your thoughts on my proposed changes in boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472258105/#472270069 , which is basically my "ideal" halo sandbox, though I'd personally go further and cut duel wielding and do some further changes but then it's not really H2A anymore

>It's coming.
I doubt it, not this year at least

I'm sure reach on PC will launch this year, maybe CE also, but not all of MCC.

See The campaign is already just about finished.

MP in reach on PC is going to be a clusterfuck

>Mice aiming
>TU settings so lessened bloom
>confirmed DMR starts as defeault

it's going to be a DMR-fest, might as well not have any other fucking gun in the game.

Legit is gonnna be worse then H2 in that respect.

>still doesn't understand why 343 hides their population
>still can't use his small brain to understand that Halo veterans didn't like Reach

It is a clusterfuck. Did you not play El Dewritto? BR/DMR ruined the game

>Did you not play El Dewritto?

No, I lost all interest the moment they activelly nerfed weapons like the AR and pistol just for the sake of making it closer to Halo 3.

You didn't miss anything. DMR really did ruin every game, weapons other than the DMR were never made relevant other than shit like the rocket, and vehicles were always permanently on ice skates with less armor than a spartan with an overshield.

I don't agree with slowing H2A's BR, it's already kinda slow. Needing to land more than a single bullet from a burst for a headshot to kill is a good idea.
I think the AR is fine in that game, and serves a purpose already.
Pistol being better is welcomed. I don't think it needs a scope; I liked the Reach ZB Magnum before it got nerfed to a 5-shot.
Silenced SMG and Brute Plasma Rifle are already straight upgrades to their counterparts, just use those instead. Stun on the regular PR would be nice to see brought back.
Don't really care about the Needler.
CE's Plasma Pistol was a good gun, but I like how H2A handled the overcharge(can only hold it for so long, doesn't drain battery).

>it's going to be a DMR-fest
So no different from how the entire series played from day 1?

No. Thanks to joystick aiming, weapons other than the DMR and pistol were viable. I distinctly remember people bitching about needler users.

>weapons other than the DMR and pistol were viable
They weren't.

They were. Maybe not in a tournament setting with tournament rules and tournament maps that all cater towards DMRcompetitive halo, lmfao, but even plasma rifles were viable thanks to melee.

What Halo game had the best weapon sandbox?

Halo 3, because all the good maps had little or no BRs and niche weapons all had their use except for the brute spikers.

They weren't. Even in casual matchmaking you would only see shitters and sandbaggers pick up anything that didn't deal headshot damage. Even the Magnum was pretty bad because of its first-shot inaccuracy.
>thanks to melee
Gun+Melee was dead in Reach because of the lack of bleedthrough. It was better just to melee twice and hope your shields don't pop before landing the first punch. It and the Spiker were admittedly good against OS, but those were on a single map together.
CE for giving each weapon a role. Except the Needler.

>Even in casual matchmaking you would only see shitters and sandbaggers pick up anything that didn't deal headshot damage
That's because the DMR has always been one of the easiest and most effective weapons. Only someone having fun or an idiot wouldn't use one given the chance. I still had plenty of success with other guns by not being an idiot running into the open.
>Gun+Melee was dead in Reach because of the lack of bleedthrough
You just had to be more patient. You could still beat a BR user with melee, but you had to dodge at least one headshot and time your melee better to reliably win. Obviously you also had to not immediately enter melee range, otherwise you'd just kill eachother.
Fuck Reach though, it was the first halo game I didn't play regularly and the one that kicked me out of halo for good.

3 could have a weapon sandbox inside of a forge sandbox which itself a map called sandbox.
Also I dunno I guess equipment kinda mixed it up. Dropping a lotus mine when someone was about to splatter you was pretty fun.

Attached: Sandbox_msblog.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

>That's because the DMR has always been one of the easiest and most effective weapons.
This is true for every online Halo game. If you're not using the main headshot weapon, you're only going to get wins against retards. It's going to be no different on PC.

Halo 4 was kinda the perfect halo, halo 5 had a shit campaign but the best multiplayer of the decade, as long as they do a very good campaign on halo infinity, they will be fine

Good thing only retards play Halo competitively. You can use almost any weapon you want and find success unless it's on a large open map literally designed for BR use.

>You can use almost any weapon you want and find success unless
you match someone that hasn't had his hands amputated.

how much is microsoft paying all the halo shills? is it the same as ninja? im available to shill on Yea Forums any time and im a lot cheaper

It seems Halo is the gathering grounds for recovering hand amputees. They must also be cumbrains too, because most BR users play like fucking idiots and panic when you flank them or toss a grenade.
BR is the most effective weapon, but it's important for you to note that only retards play Halo competitively. Anyone with actual skill is playing other games. Meaning you can use almost any gun and win your engagements if you don't play like a retard.

>Anyone with actual skill is playing other games.
Is that why you continue to play Halo? Because you're afraid of better players?

No, I played halo to have fun. I played other games when I cared about trying hard. Natural Selection was my go-to competitive game for a long time, Halo has always been one of my fuckaround game. Luckily, people who play Halo are all either shit or doing the same thing I'm doing, so I can have fun with plasma pistol only

>I think the AR is fine in that game, and serves a purpose already.

Beyond my aformentioned issues with autos generally, I don't see what the point of the AR in H2A is when it preforms so closlely to the SMG.

Giving it less spread, higher precision, and a slower rate of fire but more damage per shot would help make it distinct.

You were still better off using the DMR obviously but other weapons were still more useful in their own niche in reach then they were in 2 or 3. The AR could hit shit past 5 feet, the plasma pistol actually could kill in a pinch, etc.

CE or 5. Reach a bit behind them.

>I don't see what the point of the AR in H2A is when it preforms so closlely to the SMG.
It was slightly better than the SMG, but couldn't be dual-wielded. It also sounded better.
>Giving it less spread, higher precision, and a slower rate of fire but more damage per shot would help make it distinct.
So, a Carbine?
>The AR could hit shit past 5 feet
At the cost of making its abysmal killtime even longer.

>Stop discussing video games

Attached: 15310544.png (286x373, 175K)

>So, a Carbine?

again, giving it slightrly more accuracy and sloightly more emphasis on accurate fire doesn't just turn it into a semi auto precision gun.

>All these fags treating Halo like it was some hardcore hypercompetitive fighting or RTS game
hahahahahahaha it's just pew pew pew the game, guys. That's what makes it fun.

Exactly. Which is why the DMR and its equivalents have no place in the game, they make an otherwise fun party shooter into something more cancerous than smashfags