How/why did the bottom fall out so suddenly?

how/why did the bottom fall out so suddenly?

Attached: apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg (1024x536, 128K)

Cause battle Royale games are fucking lame, it should be a game type in a fully fleshed out multiplayer game. Thus why CSGO will be the king BR game unless Halo Infinite gets one. I'm not counting minecraft hunger games cause modding minecraft is for faggots when you could instead Mod New Vegas to have multiplayer. That's a real fuckin BR right there

>all of that "/pol/ btfo" posting over this garbage
yeesh, that didn't age well

Because it’s not fucking Titanfall 3 you dumb nigger

Attached: 60DA02B8-B0C7-4B77-81DA-7A3209AC3AEC.jpg (245x400, 24K)

Its still very popular retards, i join a match in 2 seconds every time

Ur playing with chink bots and Mexicants

Because Battle Royale isn't a new genre, it's on the same spectrum with actually creative open-world survival shooters (ARMA, Day-Z) on one-end, and shit arena shooters (Fortnite, Overwatch) on the other end.

As the audience becomes more and more autistic, hell-bent on instant gratification and Twitch.tv highlights, the shittier, shallow end of the spectrum takes up more and more of the spotlight.

Eventually, people realize they have been duped into playing some garbage whack-a-mole-with-polygons "AAA" Battle Royale, and the bottom drops out instantly, because people move two inches over to the next pile of shit.

Eventually, the entire system collapses when someone comes up with something new and interesting, and the cycle starts over with it being good at first, average two years later, and ultrashit after four years. This is right around the time when the "top 10" games being streamed on Twitch are GTA5 "role-playing" (lol), a MOBA, RL chatting, and 2-3 dumpster-tier battle royale games.

I dunno, the gameplay was really solid and felt great to play, even despite the netcode being pretty bad you'd hardly notice it. I guess the nature of a free-to-play BR game is to be a fad, no matter how good it is.

Plus it's really frustrating if you don't have a friend or two to play with, even if they're bad. Although winning the whole thing by yourself when your pub teammates leave in the first minute is really exhilarating, it doesn't balance out for me for all the other times that doesn't happen.

>more bugs now than release
>little to no patches
that's about it. They had a good thing going and they let it rot

constant errors, every other match I get an error and get booted to the splash screen and I'm even getting errors in the middle of the match and get booted to the screen the fucking game is held together with duct tape

People said Overwatch is slow with updates but Blizzard releases content at Sonic speed compared to Respawn.

Only reason I can see is that its shit net code

direct competitor to fortnite
people check if out, have fun, but at the end of the day their friends are still playing the old one, it's much harder to convince 2 people to switch than one, and players prioritize friends over tweaked mechanics
same problem that killed all the supposed 'wow killers'

No content at all. In the first four months they added what? One gun and one character?
Quite a lot of crashes which for some people took weeks to get resolved
Rampant problem with cheaters
No solo mode made people who doesn't have a group of people to play with get sick of it. It's not fun to once again lose because you got teamed up with retards. Random squads in other BR games work because those who queue for it actually want to play with a squad.
Also the ingame voicechat sounds like it's made with string and cans. How is it even possible for voicechat in the year 2019 to sound this terrible?

...said Jazz

>servers
>origin
>too few/not substatntial enough updates
>only one game mode and one map

B-but i still play Apex...

because its a trend chaser that didnt really do anything super interesting
if it kept the wallrunning from titanfall or hell make it about the titans, it would probably be way more interesting instead of just being a lazy cash-in

AAA / Battle Royale games only persist because of the constant weekly updates and content additions. Without Fortnite getting constant new carrots to put on the stick to manipulate people into constantly chasing those ever-increasing numbers, the single map, single game mode, really retarded starting condition gameplay gets stale super fucking quick.

Apex was a hype spike because the gameplay was good, the mechanics and map design stood out. But it got boring after a month because most idiots (devs and players alike) treat games like consumables that have no replay value.

we could of gotten a titanfall 3, but instead we got this piece of shit faggotry filled battle royals instead, man that makes me so angry

You'll never get titanfall 3. Since Apex flopped EA will think theres no market for it.

Attached: 1534534856453.jpg (600x338, 52K)