Underrail thread

where were you when plasma grenades make chemistry irrelevant?

Attached: plasma 3.png (441x288, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leather_Armor
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cryogenic_Induction
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oddity_XP_System
youtu.be/Y8RQG95Z48I?t=554
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

still need to find a blueprint for one of those. whats the electronics crafting requirement?

Chemistry is not irrelevant, my 70 points in it were NOT wasted.

what is a reliable to farm stygian coins, got some bad rng on super steel plates

>Let the mind-reader go
>Helped the faceless outside of foundry
>Gave the trapped faceless a mega hypo
>They still shoot me on sight when I try to go north from Core City
I should've gunned down and looted every one of you alien fucks

Attached: 1558637942210.jpg (1000x563, 73K)

prove it

You still need chemistry for incendiary grenades, gas grenades, and chem pistols.

you're right, getting to 60 for napalm grenades is still worth it

>tfw fell for the Last Stand meme
If you were going to lose a fight, you're going to lose it with two turns of imaginary health.

how does tesla armor fare against death stalkers?

Fight Naga statues for super steel plates.

Poor tranquility build fags.

"helping" is for cucks
kill everyone you meet, especially women

Dismantle shit, make repair kit, use repair kit on good shit, sell good shit, sell spare repair kits

I've been using a Hammerer with my sniper rifle the whole game. I'm lv18. Is it worth it to switch to chem pistols when they cost so much more AP?

Attached: a188794.gif (180x255, 817K)

what is naga statue? Is it deep in expedition? I am only on the beach

Yeah they first show up about half way in.

source
and probably yes if you get appropriate feats and a advanced catalyzing belt

There's one at the beach. If you have high electronics and hacking, you can repair it and have it as an ally to defend against camp attacks. If you don't have enough hacking but have a high enough electronics, you can repair it and merc it for its plates.

nice fuckin bar

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 764K)

>Core City>Rail Crossing>Foundry
This is the only proper path.

DAMN CYBERNETIC CREEP...

Why they attacked you?
What you did?

After playing psy monk I can't persuade myself into playing anything else since domination gives all those cool dialogue options and melee weapons have interesting effects beside just bigger damage numbers so everything just feels like a step bellow into boredom.

>nice bar
>oddity bar
this vexes me

wait dominating difficulty gives more dialogue options?

>domination gives all those cool dialogue options
what?

The fuck
I demand answers

I am thinking about crafting a mid quality but fully decked out assault rifle and sell it. seems like they sell higher than their cost

>domination gives all those cool dialogue options
[citation needed]

Crafted weapons usually sell good, yes thats true

Is this fight even possible?

I have the belt but I don't have the chemistry to make the vials. All I have for pistols is gunslinger and kneecap shot, I was planning on taking double tap but I don't think it works with chem pistols.
You don't want the source

Attached: 1532398857417.jpg (680x671, 17K)

Without HE nades, flashbangs or napalm grenades, highly unlikely

Are there always so many daddy beetles there? Swear I only remember fighting 1-2 at a time.

yes, through psi all things are possible.

Sorry I meant Thought Control .

Chem pistols don't count as firearms, which means gunslinger doesn't do shit for it.

those ones arent the ones that become friendly, another larger group later become friendly

is 100 the max I should aim for with hacking/lockpicking or will 100+ locks show up?

Acid Blob Pistol

>Thought Control
Hey I forgot about that thanks fren.

I'll take your word for it, good luck with your build, man.

LoC + Psionic Mania + Psi-Cognitive Interruption

Is there not a rift in Ft. Apogee? Figures that it has one of the best merchants and yet is one of the few merchants with no rift near him.

On easy/normal you can easily make money just buying parts and assembling them then selling them back. On hard items sell for 50% so you need mercantile to make any money that way. On dominating items sell for 25% so no way.

How's temporal manipulation? Anyone done any messing around with that?

what skill dictates their use then?
just snag one off of cornell's corpse

He's playing on dominating. most of the basic azuridae are goliathus on dominating. its a special kind of hell, i love dominating so much for how fucking absurd it gets.
>silent isle has multiple goliathus on it, making it very difficult for most builds to finish the black eel questline before they clear Depot A
>plasma turrets in Depot A
>industrial robots in that place where you get the cube to disable the faceless robots
the fun never ends on dominating

Attached: 44993898_2171114922932608_6560930425768771584_n.png (834x870, 491K)

130 effective.

Did you explored the whole place?

I don't use psi and never will, appreciate the feedback.

haven't seen one myself, sorry jack. figures there's no rift in one of the most annoying places in the game to get to since you have to go underneath the tracks. I think there is one at the train platform outside the institute so you can just train from there.

It's incredible frankly, I have a hard time not taking 55 points in it for the free adrenaline shot ability on every build i play.

protectorate or drones

Mad Chemist only works with ones you craft yourself.

Tin cans
Fuck the droens

who sells dilation and contraction? Is it Ethan after depot A or do i need to get lucky?

I really gotta try dominating soon, goddamn.

The drones stand for freedom and just being yourself, they're super

ethan sell dilation, even in SGS.
you get contraction from the doctor in rail crossing.

anyone know where stasis is though? I've checked every medical merchant i can find but nothing yet.

yeah my bad, ment stacies

My character has such a fat stack of loot he can barely move, but its worth the haul to the shops.

anyone else get this bug? Razor in port crag is FUCKING invisible/untargetable

Attached: Underrail 2019-08-02 00-28-21.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

You're carrying a lifting belt around for these occasions right?

I feel you man
gotta add to the adrenal gland and large intestine collection, even if I'm moving 1 tile every 3 seconds

is there any way to boost mechanics?
I need a 5 point boost to escape paying 2k charons

>moving 1 foot per minute back to base after GMS compound, even on 5x speed
So worth.....

Underpie will bring it up by 3

Underpie or an INT boosting drug/food

>bust into grims office
>one shot him with my shotgun
pull the trigger on every pirate nigger

Attached: vm2l9p[1].jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Just find a place to store it, any barrel will do.

try hypercerebrix to try and boost your effective skill long enough to make the repairs, mechanics scales off intelligence

Giving the term 'Shotgun assasination' a whole new meaning, user
I should assasinate someone
With my hammer

can I sell chem pistols anywhere? or should I scrap?

Try the medicine vendors or the electronic vendors.

I want to make my own build for dominating but I just want to know what weapon types of any (firearm pistols?) are unviable. I've played a ton of builds on normal and hard but don't wanna fuck myself over and don't want to do pure psi since that was my last build.

chemical, plasma pistols, and to an extend .44 hammerers are still good in dominating

Blessed character.

Attached: 20190801233820_1.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

HOW DO I MAKE THE WEEABOO AMBUSH ME AT RAIL CROSSING I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HOURS REEE

>44 hammerers are still good in dominating
i don't believe you
t. finished most of dominating

If he's anything like Yea Forumsutists just shit talk his waifu and he will come out of his cave in miliseconds.

Well I mean, I'm a hammerfag wizard, so i cant say much
However I must say that the only pistols that actually hurted me, a tin can, coincidally, were .44 hammerers

I will let you find your own conclusions.

Sorry I meant "if any". The pistols were an example but I just meant in general. Id like to do melee after the last 60+ hours of psi

Pretty Pridot

I feel like you can force anything to work on dominating unless it's something really dumb. Like pure throwing.

Becoming a Protectorade tin can, being welcomed in Fort Apogee, casually talking to the soldiers and what they have to say, getting called 'Corporal', chilling in a highly fortified military base is, without doubts, the apex of comfiness

Thanks that's pretty much what I was hoping.

.44 hammerers are the biggest meme pistols though
pure throwing would probably do better

Go talk to him first and tell him to fuck off.

>when you set up so many traps the savages can't walk more than 5 feet from their boat before instant death

getting revenge for how shitty the first attack was feels so, so sweet

Attached: 1533661532491.jpg (1600x1200, 518K)

Is he stealthed?
oh wait
what the fuck

I did that, is it purely a time based trigger? Or do I have to progress quests to make it happen?

>sneak into the facility under the mutie refuge
>am absolutely certain that I didn't get seen
>when I resurface the muties are all hostile
why
I WANTED TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU
DONT MAKE ME PURGE

Do you have the acorn with you?

what the fuck? you got two turrets? what difficulty? they still haven't attacked me since I got the naval mines though, so it don't matter

Yeah I haven't given it away to anyone

is there no way to tell chief briggs or anyone how you slaughtered all the pirates?

don't fix the generator

you activate them by hacking into the computer in the fort on the island, requires 100 hacking iirc

Weird it should happen the moment you try to head south of rail crossing station

It overwrites any helping you do if you killed a certain number of them, so there's that

fuck
can i un-fix the generator

Attached: 1542454309576.png (482x427, 213K)

Do pirates ever attack you like the natives do? I called the waifu and she kept suggesting the pirates might attack but they never did and I mostly ignored them.

the worst part is he has a shotgun
only ever becomes visible when throwing or reloading

I did that, it's just I only have one turret on mine, even though an attack that could have killed the other hasn't happened since I activated it

If it's anything like the doctor zilch encounter in core city, it might just be a percentage change when entering that area. I'll try entering and exiting several times.

nope. from your despair i'm assuming you don't have an earlier save.

Huh, maybe it is tied to difficulty then, I'm only on normal. Makes sense that you'd get less on higher difficulties, considering how much they shred enemies.

all I have is the save from when I started the expansion
fuck
I really wanted to be friends with them, this was the first thing i did after starting the expansion, maybe i'll go back to that

I'm trying a psi-build for the first time and my regen seems a little low. Does it ever improve? My will and int are over 8

it doesn't really matter, no real interactions with them other than giving them medicine

Where the fuck am I? I just wanted to find foundry.

Attached: hecate.png (1372x767, 196K)

hecate
you should probably leave unless you like spiders

It's easy to be friends, just give them some medical supplies and don't sneak in like a rat. They'll even reward you for the generator being turned on if they let you in by choice

>[loud spider noises]

Not drastically. You will however gain a larger psi pool if you get the proper feats

hecate
you should probably leave unless you like punching

got an energy edge emitter ti chrome machete and an acid pistol now.
is this enough to deal with crabs?

hecate
you should probably leave unless you like getting the gay zapped off from you

who /stackxp/ here?

Attached: 20190802000644_1.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

Playing a spearwoman and it seems like I'm at a crossroad. Here's my current stats. Where should I go from here? Tincan Spearwoman or sexy infused leather covered Spearwoman?

Attached: 20190801221356_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I NEVER WANTED THIS, WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BECOME FRIENDS
YOU FORCED MY HAND

Attached: 20190802151430_1.jpg (1600x900, 329K)

And here are my current feats.

Attached: 20190801221358_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Infused leather
Roleplay as an Amazon

Such is life in the Underrail.

I'd like to leave now

Attached: door stuck.png (1365x763, 520K)

i mean you could've just climbed back up the chain and sneaked out? didn't need to slaughter them

>Psychokinesis Swordsman with Spear backup
How's that going? Post your stats and your feats.

Keep passing turns, they will deaggro eventually

I've shot up some energy walkers or whatever they're called? But they're always security bots, I figured those weren't directly affiliated with the faceless

He also had TM too

Yeah those don't count.

Don't worry, man, I killed them too. You did those poor fucks a favor. Besides that, they were uncooperative assholes.

I'm a sneaky crossbow character trying to do the underground part of this map and it's fucking ridiculous. Strongmen are basically not worth killing and it's hard to sneak past them, crabs aren't worth even trying to kill either. How am I supposed to deal with this?

its going super well, its a really really fun build.
playing on hard but haven't had too much trouble with any particular enemy. You've got a lot of options with how you approach fights.

Attached: captain anime.png (1741x696, 223K)

I was in the same boat as you, jack
it's a sinking ship until you get some decent way to pierce armor
I used grenades to lure them away from areas I wanted to access

crossbow niggas always struggle with super armoured enemies. try acid bolts and stuff like that.

fuck me, does this look kind of like what you have in mind for the endgame?

Attached: Spear Sword.jpg (1920x959, 307K)

GET OUT OF MY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: file.png (227x224, 98K)

>will that low
disgusting psi tourist

I'm done being a slave to high-will builds, i've served my time

Attached: meme build 2.png (765x707, 63K)

whats the food that increases int and where do i get it

lads
do I need to clear all the crabs for the ferryman to tow the submarine out? I can't fight them reliably due to crossbow shittery, it would be so much better to stealth past them. is there another way to get it out? I really don't want to be stuck throwing gas grenades hoping they stay in the radius long enough to soften them up for me

Tier 3 EMP nades work well against them, i'm guessing the same for EMP mines. no idea what you can do against crabs other than light them on fire and not get cornered.

Bre, you could've just left off at 10 will.

How fun and effective was that one?

There is none, Junkyard surprise had a chance to increase it in the past, but that got removed, nowadays there is a slim chance for it to REDUCE intelligence

I was attacking the Black Niggers and after whooping them, Gorsky and Sneaky started to attack me. I think they walked through my molly fire like dumbfucks.

Gorksy is a faggot cunt anyways, should I just sally forth?

>corporeal projection when you only have 7 strength
rethink this

its somewhat similar to what i'm playing, but only in overall concept. I took 25 points in PK purely for force field since I think its super useful for any low-con melee build, and 70 points in TM for the fun stuff that doesn't need to scale with will, all my damage comes entirely from swords and spear throw. Ask yourself what you picture an average fight with the build in your pic to look like, how exactly will it be utilising 200 TM skill? are you spreading temporal distortions?

I haven't tried fire on crabs because I figured they had high resistance to it due to them being all over the steam geyser area. guess I'll give it a shot

Traps and shockbolts

Based Al Fabet cucking jacks

very fun, very effective. it was a psi/sniper if that wasn't obvious, and the first build i beat the game with (on hard). This was before expedition came out, so i'm not sure how i'd change it with the new stuff, if at all.

I've got 6 extra stat points to spend, bre.

>Ask yourself what you picture an average fight with the build in your pic to look like, how exactly will it be utilising 200 TM skill? are you spreading temporal distortions?
As a back-up for when I'm surrounded.

i heard there was like a pill or something is that super lategame

is there a way to charge jet ski's without placing the batter inside your inventory?

I've been throwing molotovs at them to keep them off my dick so I'm not sure how effective the ground fire is against them with the better incendiary grenades, but it'll make them panic and run like any other animal.

>heard they added the map
>the map is only for hubs
Thanks for nothing.

Attached: underrail_2019_08_02_08_33_47_680.jpg (1920x1080, 592K)

Hypercerebrix. It's in the DLC area, gives +2 int.

retard

should I track this balor guy after finishing foundry? he sounds pretty tough.
t. lvl13

>anime
>is retarded
like clockwork

should i do a stealthy guy or big spear man

are they both fun

click the button next to the drop down menu you dumb anime fag

thanks man
the molly made them walk straight through my gas grenade and caltrop gauntlet. easiest crab fight I've had

What is the best weapon to use with a shield?
I like the look of the riot shield.

Also can't decide between melee or ranged.
What's better for a shield tank build?

Just standing still and blocking everything while slowly shooting people with a pistol or SMG sounds fun.

But melee in this game looks cool to.

Attached: 1442721500471.jpg (640x427, 39K)

Bitch ass spiders trying to stun me, little did they know I'm a certified retard. Should I do it? Am I inadvertently destroying some shanty towns power supply and just don't know it?

Attached: Thicc head fuckers.png (1361x757, 651K)

he's a hammercuck and goes down like a bitch. Go for it. I left his hammer on the floor.

what is the best choice for infused leather? cus I got a 144 quality supersteel fiber right now and I'd like to utilize it
ancient rathound?(the default choice)
sea wyrm?(they give like 54%mechanical resistance it's insane)
also can someone tell me the leather armor armor penalties resulting from all infused leathers? I can't seem to find the stats anywhere

Enjoy your new power fist

just one shot him with your sniper bro

>Play gun build
>Only have 3 abilities
Seems really boring desu.

You melee bres do realize force emission scales with your psychokinesis, right? Its additive damage is insane.

how viable is knife/stealth/dodge build, i finished normal mode with sniper/smg and wanted to play hard, but i dont see a way for knife to penetrate high mechanical dmg threshold,

He will crush you
He aint a joke

expose weakness
electro knife

you do realise force emission only works with fist weapons and unarmed, right "bre"

where hte FUCK do you get the key to get in the pumping room (the last room you get the stuff requiried to start the generator Vivvian needs you to after you fall down)
i am going insane i scanned the place clean and dont know where it is, and you cant get thru the vents

ah, then why do you take it with your melee build?

melee has one of the best armour penetrating abilities in the game with expose weakness

Melee comes across several problems in the game if you're slow or immobile. Giant weavers that root you for 2 turns and slow the area around you.
Not to say it's impossible but you'll be frustrated at certain situations that Styg put in just to cuck melee.
Spears have a spear throw ability that can help alleviate those problems and would be my recommendation if you wanted to melee and shield

Bro call her

purely for force field, imo its one of the best abilities in the game even with the feat that makes it last longer. pretty much every single build can get some use out of good ol' force field

Depends on your build, just plain rathound leather infusion gives you like 10% crit chance on chest.
Refer to underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leather_Armor
if you want to see penalties and what not, doesn't include the dlc leather yet but from what I've tested they're just more different resistances.

oh my goood I tried that in the main area and I thought it was just some fucking flavor text why would they do that

>expose weakness
is that really enough? its only 50%, and some later enemies had pretty big thresholds, plus knifes incurs 125% of it

>touhou
>anime

Attached: 5417c87c8baaa0858618381a77670630.jpg (816x1000, 83K)

Honest question has anyone actually used cryogas grenades for anything useful?

I punched a fucking protectorate Dreadnaught to death with my bare hands thanks to Expose Weakness. It's one of the best feats in the game, period.

Happened to me too man. Especially because she was fuckin next to useless until then.

Please do not respond to degenerates.

I just spent like 15 minutes trying to fight sea serpents without realising you need to get training on how to fight on a jet ski without a huge accuracy penalty
FUCk sake

Attached: 1465786606710.jpg (185x216, 7K)

that portrait.. could it be

Attached: ol ben at it again.jpg (1546x1933, 1.33M)

Saving this when I do a unarmed playthrough
I keep my psi abilities on a separate bar, same with my utilities. But this is my first actual playthrough save for two test dead ones.

Anyway, where the fuck is foundry? I was told it was north of SGS.

Attached: fallout.png (1360x767, 591K)

thanks m8, guess I'll use the rathound one for those sweet crit

man just take the fucking TRAIN

Not if you're psi
Hehhh

it's viable up until hard difficulty, but it's not as good as many of the 'top' builds. In fact, fists is much, much better, as it can do everything knives can, and more. The knives build never recovered from a big nerf a while ago

i hate tunnel wizards
HATE EM
IF YOU ARE PLAYING PSI YOU ARE PLAYING ON EASY

i have no personally tried it but a user says it lures multiple unprovoked units close to defuse it, setting up for easier kills

These tabis made for walkin
That's just what I'll do

I miss those 1ap stabs

What about ranged?
Would a pistol + shield work?

Actually fuck, shields take 5-6 str and pistols don't gain anything form that.

Any ides for a ranged shield build?
Any str range weapons you can use with a riot shield?

Yeah, it's north of SGS, but not through the caves.

As a psyker I literally cannot hold all of these spells
How do you not get bored as a gun cuck?

I'm nearing the ending of my melee playthrough and thinking of what build I want to do next. Is pure temporal manip psi viable? I really like distortion and was wondering if it owns with continuum ripple.

you're past it, go south a bit until you find rails.

>Actually fuck, shields take 5-6 str and pistols don't gain anything form that.
look up the steadfast aim feat, its a really strong feat for people who use energy and chemical pistols.
you could make a pretty based tanky energy pistol build, they do a fucking ton of damage.

What feats should I go for besides the spear ones? I have plenty to spare. Should I branch out into machetes or just get a lot of defensive feats?

FUCK public transportation, I'm not spending my hard earned 25 styg bucks.
Thanks mates.

Attached: lunitics.png (1362x756, 869K)

>tfw sniper smg nade build
Where is the fun? Did I fuck up?

No idea. I did a quad Psi playthrough as my only expedition character. If you're only going TM you'll probably want to pick up a weapon on the side though I think.

Are you getting owned or something?

>quad Psi
heck did you fit everything

What weapon should pure psi characters use?
Just try to find something that boosts stats and hold it?

First time and playing hard. It's ok. Just slightly boring.

This is what you should use.

Attached: 20190801230008_1.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

They made spears just for psi users in expedition

People said this was like fallout.
Does this game have crafting?
Can you build a base like in fallout 76?

Easier for me to gas the droens myself than doing CAU's plan
Nothing like commiting Underrail warcrimes

Attached: 20190802025852_1.jpg (1024x768, 184K)

>minimal str 6

>finally make it through Depot A on my second character
>went much smoother than the first despite the build possibly being a bit weaker
>also took the Feat that makes the ripple power spread
I hope this shit was worthwhile, otherwise I'm probably fucked later on.

I walked passed it. I was literally, LITERALLY, one zone away. haha

Attached: Finally Fucking Foundry.png (1361x760, 1.07M)

thats only to use the staff for melee combat.

Really easily, surprisingly. The point bonuses between all the psi skills and 10 will was huge. I started with 3 and added TM about midway through and had no issues, even with stealth, hacking, lockpicking, 3 crafting to 120+, and 2 to about 60-80.

>finally finds foundry
>immediately throws a molotov at the guards

yes and no

I want to get mercantile for cheaper jetskis

can someone give me a spear build

This stealth knife build is pretty fun

When do the Black Eel quests trigger? First timer here, and all I got were quests from the Scrappers to get into Depot A. Or did I somehow miss the Eel quest trigger?

A "tanky" energy pistol build does not really work since energy pistol only have like 3 gird of optimal and you can only fire once per round. technically you can bypass this problem by using supersteel armor but that would take 8 pt of str which is a lot of investment, plus you will also need dex, int and per for energy pistol related feats

Yep, sorry lads, I'm just not seeing it. Both Bladelings and that The Beast fight were piss easy. Unironically not even meming when I say this has been the easiest part of the game for me without a doubt. Bladelings are simply too slow for me to even try to understand how people have difficulty with them. They don't even hit that hard either, they were critting me for 40 damage when they DID manage to hit me like wtf, that's nothing.
That the beast fight was so easy, I got hit twice throughout the entire fight and that was just me being lazy.
Dunno what to tell you t b h, Crawlers are without a doubt 10 times more challenging.
Put it this way, when I was going through the Crawler Cave on my previous playthrough (the one filled with Death Stalkers with the Black Crawler at the end) I was having to reload over and over and over and over again during that quick little run to the end. I haven't even come close to needing to restart vs bladelings ever.

Attached: 1253264575686579679.jpg (518x750, 69K)

what difficulty?

talk to their merchant

Gas grenades? Caltrops? bear traps? HE nades?
What difficulty?

Thing is that builds either breeze through the beast fights, or absolutely fucking struggle. builds with low base damage that rely on crits absolutely fucking suffer against bladelings, since you can't crit them.

I'll try doublechecking there. Also who is better to side with? Eels or the junkerfags?

eels, just do the first two scrapper missions but don't reveal the wormhole
scrappers eventually want you to kill a based trader

>Also who is better to side with?
stop metagaming, just role play and enjoy the game

Eels have more quests, and siding with the Scrappers bars you from using a good merchant

Hard.
Oddity.

Also just to clarifiy, I haven't done a single quest in Core City, Rail Crossing (except for The Dude quest because I wanted the Gray Officer Armor), or Camp Hathor yet either. After Depot A I went directly to The Dude, then to Foundry immedietly so I'm underleveled if anything.
Shotgun. I brought only 5 HE MK IV nades, coulda made it even easier if I brought more but I wasn't expecting so many waves of bladelings.
Yeah my shotgun build literally has nothing to do with crits basically. I just punch through shit with raw base power.

Attached: 1252364574865967967.png (522x472, 47K)

>shotgun build
that makes sense. I haven't gotten around to doing the beast on my shotgun build, but i'd expect that you'd absolutely dominate them.

>5 HE IV grenades
Good job
Brought Saban and Dan?

Think I figured out the best pure spear build. This look good?

Attached: Spearwoman.jpg (1915x956, 289K)

>just hit level 18
>still in Core City, fucking around
help, there are too many oddities

Also, I like how I ditched my carefully planned out talents and took other shit. How is cyrogenic induction? It looked really good until I saw the mob has to be trapped in cyrostasis

You could fit in mercantile probably. I over invested in a bunch of skills and played really loose with skill points. If anything I'd say my build was sloppy in both stats and skills and I still found it to be very strong regardless

Is conditioning ever really worth getting?

mind posting your anyway? I've never done a full psi build

if you're willing to build entirely around damage reduction, yeah

Attached: URDR.png (485x446, 19K)

It literally builds itself

It's a pretty damn strong build, I must admit. I'm very proud of it. It's heavily based on movement speed and survival but it still hits hard as fuck.
No, you can bring other people?
What the fuck. The Mayor told me it was too dangerous so he wouldn't allow it so I figured this was something you just had to do alone behind his back. Oh well, there woulda been more chance of them dying if they came and I hate NPC's dying in fights like that.
I swear though I'm not even meming that was easier than GMS compound. Maybe on another build I'll struggle but bladelings are just too slow to be a threat if you can punch through their armor I suppose.

Attached: 152364586799679.png (454x308, 154K)

Has anyone used Temporal Manipulation yet?
It looks like total shit compared to all the other powers.

Dominating is the reason people talk up that fight so much, but it's still pretty difficult for some builds on hard. I had an easy time with it thanks to my heavy armor shotgun build since I could just stand in front of them taking no damage outside of crits, blasting them with the scattergat while dan and saban cheer me on.

>but don't reveal the wormhole
Shit, is that the hole in Depot A? Maybe thats why I can't take the Eels quests.

I feel you, I'm level 18 too, I'm about to complete the last Protectorade mission but cannot complete Praetorian warehouse mission
Fuck me man

You can instagib someone if you deal more than 50% it's health while frozen, so i think it syncs well with your hard hitting build
But ONLY for psi metathermic abilities

>Temporal Manipulation
>It looks like total shit compared to all the other powers.
What did user mean by this?

Attached: 1559744264869.png (265x238, 56K)

Why the fuck are super steel machetes so unremarkable? Also energy edge emitter or electroshock discharger machetebros?

Psi-temporal contraction and limited temporal increment are the two best psi abilities in the game

In ignorance you're still very capable, user.
Good job, you're a rather unusual case.

What order should I do them? Core city, Foundry or Rail Crossing?

Yeah that looks like a good build. Can't see any flaw with it really. I personally would do less crafting and more lockpick/hack/pick. But that's a preference.

I was thinking Implosion. Mine does 61% damage at the moment and it's mechanical damage.

Depends, what's your build? What gear you're using/do you want to use?
Foundry is metalfag heaven

This retard is lucky i didn't burn down his whole operation for this

Attached: retard.png (415x102, 19K)

Rail first is easiest, but you should jump around to various shops to sell/buy shit at least.

Rail Crossing -> Foundry -> Core City

I spent 3 hours looking for foundry I forgot why I even came for. At least I won't leave empty handed, if you know what I'm throwing down.

Attached: score one for the flynster.png (1369x761, 957K)

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cryogenic_Induction
You can instagib someone with either cold or mechanic damage
Also bear in mind Implosion doesnt bypass mechanical 'resistances'

t. Metal armor sledgehammer psychokinesis

I am a psynigger.

OH MAN
OH MAN
ITS HAPPENING

Lads, how do I find more oddities in the base game? I feel like I'm running dry at level 20 already. I have Expedition but I figured I'd just get one more level before I head off there, if only because I want to craft a decent item but lack the points for it right now.

I look at my oddity list and it feels like 50% of it is still undiscovered. I'm up to the Tchort institute as well and have done just about every quest I had access to.

I think I'm going to keep the talent. It's a fun little combo, and you can still do it with autocrit fist if I have to

Hm... Core City, you got an electronic vendor avaliable at the gate, as well a medic vendor
Then go to Rail Crossing, Buzzer is an amazing weapon and electronics trader

>I feel like I'm running dry at level 20 already. I have Expedition but I figured I'd just get one more level before I head off there
You're already overleveled for expedition,

there is a huge amount in the final area of the game, as well as a lot, you know, in the fucking expansion
go to expedition already, you're overleveled for it as it is.

Bladeling buster here.
See this is the beauty of Underrail. I tried to do the Faceless quest in Rail Crossing and got shit on by the very first lone Faceless guy standing guard. He unironically 1 shot me. Every single time. Reloaded a few times but it just kept happening so I went to Foundry instead.

Attached: 124253445856967.png (508x736, 95K)

Honestly, yeah. I'd post it if I was able to pull the game up right now but there's not much to it. Make sure you get 10 will, high int and either high con or agi depending on your playstyle. I went agi but I think con works better unless you want to really rely on stealth and having initiative.

I'd like to leave now

Attached: Forced castration.png (334x34, 1K)

You already posted this past thread didn't you? It's only tough on dominating or for specific builds.

Metathermics hit's really hard, sets shit on fire, and lets you CC people.

Psychokinesis lets you hard stun, force walls, lots of utility.

Thought Control lets you make people kill each other, clone yourself, more util.

Temporal Manipulation lets you... deal minor damage over time?
Give other people your AP and move points? Remove enemy move points at the cost of your AP without damage? Heal that undo's it's self after 2 turns? Make yourself immune to damage but also unable to act?

Seems like a big waste of points.
Am I wrong? Never tried it.

Attached: 1405298318702.jpg (520x520, 100K)

It has nothing to do with powering up for Expedition why the fuck are you two jumping to conclusions. I want to find all I can in the base game before I start scouring the expedition maps.

RUN NIGGER
RUN
There is a lot to be lotted in her place, keep escaping from her, you can make a gun or two

Yeah I posted about the bladelings alone yesterday, then went asleep before fighting The Beast properly. Just done that fight now though and it was no different honestly.

>Give other people your AP and move points?

Attached: 1559562816330.png (750x987, 640K)

Why would I want to spend action points and 75 psy to give an ally a few action points and a lot of movement?

Limited Temporal Increment seems nice but that's about it.

>close door
>knife her down
>take all the stuff

TM gets really wacky based on what I've been seeing people post.

OH YEAH LADS
I'VE CROSSED THE THRESHOLD BAYBE
INDOMITABLE

>Why would I want to spend action points and 75 psy to give an ally a few action points and a lot of movement?

Attached: 8x1rb49094t01.png (458x611, 370K)

Faceless are probably the hardest humanoid enemies in the game.

FLASHBANG HER
LOSE HER
RUN NIGGA RUN

>Increases target's action points by 15 and movement points by 30. Lasts 2 turns.

Yea why would I want to cast that on enemies?
It would only be used on allys.
I don't want to play as the teams healslut.

you
can
target
YOURSELF
RETARD

>Team
Think user, who is in your party that you could buff?
Keep thinking

why do snipers only get one talent while knife users have like half a dozen?

Good thing they're my bffs.

that one talent is all they need
I'd like more for them, but I can't really think of anything
tons of material to work with for a knifefag though.

Shit, dude, you only got 3 int.

They all ended up focusing on each other and killed themselves while I stood in the corner like an autist for a few turns.

Attached: 20190801213327_1.jpg (2560x1440, 769K)

Always have some pop corn at hand when that happens

he, better get some glasses lady.

Attached: 8 stealth.png (1358x765, 1.41M)

She sometimes wanders in that room

>trying to do that as a lightly armored gun build
suffering.

Why is SGS chad central? Is there a reason?

Best music in the game and least amount of people trying to fuck you.

with the protectorate expansionism coming south, a lot of badass ex gangmembers and ex biocorp scientists fled there to avoid persecution and to live freely. it's better explained in game, but I think I got the gist of it.

Nicholas or Olivia?
>That feel when I'm a brainlet and chose the girl because I always think with my dick
Stupid fucking females manipulate me too easily.

... I knew that. I totally knew that.
I was just pretending to be retarded.. yea!
Trolled! gotcha!.... yea...

Attached: 1559592011383.gif (500x281, 2.97M)

Because
is home

I had Olivia arrested.

It's fine user, if it's your first time then it's undertable.
Not bantering you because you proved yourself capable

olivia. nicholas doesn't share his brew. major bummer, man. you just don't do that to a man, man.

Man the Free Drones stuff will fill my pockets
With coins

Haha, happens to the best of us

How is Psycho-Temporal Acceleration? I'm going Thot/Time/Kinetics, no Metathermics. Is it a good buy, or does it turn into shit later on? I already grabbed the ripple spreading feat, too. I hope that wasn't shit.

Attached: 1534048520961.jpg (640x640, 114K)

The popular opinion states that TM is quite fucking good
Didnt use it myself tho

Is Mercantile worth? I don't usually see it picked in the builds posted here.

It's good if you've got a spare feat to take. I took it on my machete build at lvl 20. Can't say anything about the ripple shredding, but it seems fun

Usually you can craft yourself way better items traders can offer you
But if you dont go crafting, boost mercantile

Poor girl. At least she'll be with her husband in heaven. maybe hell.

Attached: died as she lived.png (1357x760, 1.34M)

it was kinda a meme before expansion, but its legitimately quite useful now. however its mainly useful in higher difficulties since the value of items is scaled down in hard and especially in dominating.

nah
she's in hell
her dead husband probably would be in heaven however. ex chief of the foundry guard before his death. dude just wanted what he thought was best for his wife, and she went crazy

fixer next to tincan base in junkyard

more useful on some builds than others. pretty damn good on heavy armor builds that plan to use supersteel.

>Evilyn is the /vg/ shitposter
DEEPEST LORE

Attached: imagine playing games on v.png (1358x760, 1.25M)

Lesson learned user
Never stick your dick in a crazy

supersteel armor is shit
>oh look it's lighter but has worse stats than regular steel

this computer is my favourite joke in the game
it took me a few seconds to get it after i selected play underrail

I love Styg for that, his meta-comedy humour

is there a reason my save, load, and transition times are getting longer and longer? am I experiencing a memory leak or something?

Is this supposed to show up three times? Or is it really 3 different bleed rolls?

Attached: Untitled.png (455x946, 183K)

Its panty raid time! Wait, what's this drawing?
>Tentacle porn
She was truly /ourfemcel/

Attached: panty raid.png (1363x759, 985K)

>15 extra AP for every cast of contraction

its breddy good

Probably, I also experiencied a memory leak too once playing Underrail
Reload the game

the more map you change means more shit has to be saved

Shit, where do I get contraction?

Roll Sprint and Adrenaline into one ability, but also get those on top of that.

I think that's actually Tchort influercing her mind

Before you dilate
Sorry I couldnt help myself

im playing spearman with iron grip and riot shield. its a blast.
with feats your mech res will be so high you can get hit for days. mix in some temporal manipulation and youll be impaling bitches like crazy

FUCK THESE FUCKING LITTLE SHITS
FUCK YOU STOP SPAWNING LIKE 3 EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TURN FUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAVE LIKE TEN STACKS OF PARASITE INFECTION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: mlh3wq[1].png (495x393, 52K)

locust a cute

how to get to protectorate elevator?

Judging by the dairy, I'm guessing her husband had some sort of interaction with it. isn't it just eldrich stem cells? Is it contagious? Hope I didn't get it.

Attached: looks human.png (651x295, 105K)

do I have to clear all the spiders at lemco to get the ferryman to move the sub there? I cleared the north all out, but the option to move the sub isn't present.

>cryo orb
>grenade
>fireball
>locus overload
try harder hive shits I can take all you got

>see a single locust and kill it
>one turn later this comes around the corner
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

Attached: okyq0v[1].png (951x331, 317K)

>that drunk guy blocking the way in core city
>try talking to him nicely so that I can pass
>he refuses
>toss him over the rails
>dies
I hope you all did this

you have to be next to the mines and then call him on your walkie talkie

You'll have way closer interaction with it anyways :^)

>isn't it just eldrich stem cells?
you'll find out

Send them both to do community service

of course

having armor is nice

Attached: BRlE44X.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

better yet
>give him mushroom brew
>he slips and falls into the abyss

>offer him some booze thinking he'll fuck off
>accidently falls off the edge

He falls off the bridge no matter you do regardless
At first I tried to save him, next playthrough I pushed him

Where do you get the device to teach you Psycho-Temporal Contraction?

nah man, I did that already. thanks though. I meant moving the sub at blistering shores. I heard it gets moved to lemco by the ferryman, but the option isn't present for me to have him move it, even though I've cleared the place out.

>AAA
Burning man, is that you?

turn off autosave during transitions

>get tungsten armor with bio vest
>die of boredom as they plink off my armor for an eternity
got enough bug mush to munch on for years, hopefully it doesn't give me turbo aids

no
I don't think so.
I asked him to move the sub in person after releasing it. You have the correct coordinates to move the sub to right?
And I assume the sub is in the water and you've been inside and checked it out.

i think doctor in rail crossing has it

Hol up
I didnt start expedition, do they deal bio damage?
t. tungsten tin can

sub is in the water, the crabs and strongmen are all dead. I just spoke to him in person and he told me to tell him where to move it. where do I get the coordinates?

one of the pcs in one of the complexes
I think it's in security and you need a guard captain's security card for it of which there are several scattered around the black sea

thanks man, I appreciate it. guess It's either plasma turrets or natives.

Tchortists did nothing wrong!

sure fukin do, locus deal physical and bio, some of the more nasty serpents deal a shitload of bio but you can get some boots and a helmet to help against, and then theres some fuckers that can. the fuckers to really be scared about is the ones that spit acid that deals damage to your gear and wrecks your jet ski

if you kill all the natives/pirates the raids will stop

Well, glad that whole debacle with the crazy lady is done. I'll never take a drink from someone ever ag-

Attached: wait a minute.png (1363x770, 629K)

I kind of want to do a new build but I have no fucking clue how I will deal with hydras without thought control.

figured. I'm not really that worried about it since I got all the defenses, and they haven't attacked once since I got the naval mines.

>spit acid that deals damage to your gear and wrecks your jet ski
Reminds me of deep worms in the deep caverns
Welp, can you at least can Force Field while driving on the jet ski?
I got a decent tin can, but with sturdy vest
Should I craft another tin can but with biohazard vest?

you know you want to

These moments were one of the best things in my first run.
>go through that, this and then you are there
>still manage to get lost or get sidetracked
>end up in some who-the-hell-knows place that oozes "should I be here/continue"
Now the map and having the mental map kinda takes away from it.

Dont worry, he's harmless
If you read all the documents in her computer, and downloaded it on a flash drive, present that to the Chief, next to the major

if you can craft a bio set

>Killed Nicholas
>Apparently he heard where the guys who are selling the faceless shit went to
>Go to ask his wife to see if she knew anything
>See AGENT STEVE along the way
OH NO NO NO NO NO AM I FUCKED BROS? AGENT STEVE IS ON THE CASE, I'M LITERALLY FUCKING SWEATING RIGHT NOW

Attached: Agent Steve.jpg (2560x1440, 923K)

especially my Tchortfu

Attached: tneribS30.png (1024x617, 635K)

Nah, agent steve wont suspect a thing

hey uh what the fuck even is this game

Fallout but more combat.

timelapse vertigo

if by force field you mean energy shield, can't use them on jet ski.
>Should I craft another tin can but with biohazard vest
absolutely. although there's some leather armor you can craft if you have a little bit of biology that can bring your bio resist way up and another one that brings your acid resist up to help with fighting the serpents that deal damage with just those.

Doable, you dont really need dodge/evasion with good enough armor and shield emitter once/if you are busted will suffice, that makes early game a bitch though.
With high enough stealth and stuff that supplement it you can dance around enemies and wait fir just the moment.
Flashbangs, taser and dirty kick bring lot of extra utility.

is it good? should i try it? can i literally fist people to death?

Yes

Attached: 20190731190511_1.jpg (1920x1080, 437K)

yes
you can
psimonk is one of the strongest builds
the base game is good enough as is, but the expansion is amazing
if you liked the original fallout games, you will probably enjoy this one

god shes so fuckin cute bros

>fist people to death
You can become a fist monk with mind powers that allows you to cast F I S T

I think you will be good

i liked them but the question is like, how much grind do i need to put into it?
i dont have too much free time ATM

the game is long as hell but the only "grinding" you do is dealing with fucking shopkeepers having the shit you need

even at mid/late game, hard-hitting enemies, like snipers and hammers, will miss several attacks, but when they hit (and they will), it's pretty much quickload time. Getting stunned is also gg. Overall, the build is fun and rewarding, but very RNG reliant

There is technically, no 'grinding', or not your normal 'grinding'
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oddity_XP_System

what am i even looking at

I would, If he actually talked to me. Can't imagine for the life of me why he doesn't like talking to me.

Attached: yo fam.png (581x213, 125K)

>update the game in hopes it would crash less
>it's now crashing more than ever
So this is the power of slavcode

I just started the Expedition content
I hate how Brigs bosses Ladelman around, he sounds like a nice fella but Brigs has to be a cunt

Underrail different level up system
You can choose 'Oddity' mode to gain exp
Basically you gain exp by scavenging and exploring for 'particular items', which you study and gain exp instantly, also get exp by completing quests too
It means you dont get exp by killing enemies, no grinding

Its still a fucken long game which is what the dude asked

So seeing as pellet molds weight like a fucking ton because uuuuuuuuuuh?, which ones are worth holding to early game? Hoppershots and the one with 3 big pellets?

One of these days
These tabis are gonna walk all over the lower underrail

(pardon the metric, jack)

>put down traps to kill the attackers coming to the warehouse
>friendlies walk into them and get killed
what the fuck

>friendlys burst spray hits me
>all is fine
>i do so much as sneeze on one of them by accident
>"TRAITOR!, EVERYONE, FOCUS FIRE"

Attached: 1546491200717.jpg (800x715, 38K)

Wait these things can burn?

Attached: robot.jpg (564x506, 157K)

Doing this exact shit right now.
BITCH I don't got enough nades for y'all.

so I just cleared the entire shitty swamps and all the shitty locusts and it just takes me to a place with spiders
was this not the way into the nexus of technology?

bro
MOL O TOV
burn the fuckers, i think its the most effective means

the 3 pellet ones since they're the only ones that it's hard to buy shells of. even then, the 3p shells themselves are heavy as shit so you might not want to be bringing too many with you. you can stash the molds wherever in the meantime.

they can also be acid entangled.

I'm in the middle of the pirate station right now and I get a message saying the base is under attack, it's really inconvenient for me to get back there especially since now all the pirates are hostile. Only defenses I've activated so far are the plasma turrets. Is it ok to leave them to defend themselves or will it hurt a lot more if I'm not there?

it won't matter much, you can let them defend themselves.

>Only have 5 STR
God fucking dammit Shotguns are already feat intensive enough I can't afford Pack Rathhound.

holy christ why are sea serpents such absolute fucking cunts
is there some kind of ocean based stealth? i'm not able to just fucking tank them, i'm a low con melee stealth character for fuck sake

Kill Nicholas, then kill her too after you get the bounty of course.

Is there a single worse enemy in any game than the Death Stalkers?

>stasis myself
>get tackled by a dog
>get acid entangled
fucking hell
dogs break through time space to fuck my puss puss

I was including mollies in that whine. Like fuck, nade 5 fuckers, another 5 pop out. Jeesus.
At least my shield seems to eat most of the dam and I -don't- get them locust rabies every time I'm hit so it could be worse.

>clear Depot A as a psi guy
>start over as a spear dude
>clear Depot A as spear dude
>want to start over with shotguns
help

Get fucked kiddo, this is Styg saying fuck you melee cucks, enjoy your 50% accuracy with 250 melee skill

Anyone on a fucking jet. At least the stalkers can be predictably routed via traps, mollies and trops. Those other fucks will just jet wherever and snipe at you like fuccboi niggas.

Attached: 20190802160936.jpg (819x1024, 144K)

Doc at rail crossing sells the tutor. It actually took me a while to realize there was even a doctor at rail crossing.

t. non-dlc babbie

Is the double barrel the only shotgun that needs 6 strength?

if you get a sniper you can actually take out the nest from out of combat range
The only con being it spawns a fuck ton of locusts from the hive corpse, which a grenade can fix

Yeah, you’re fucked. No such thing as stealth jet skis. My advice is to get the torpedo or phaser. You can kite some to some extent with the fast jet ski.

combat shotties need 6

Same problem here. Just save up the 40k or so charons and buy a devastator. Or the one with the plasma gun if you're short.

It always does that regardless.

you're right, there is no hope in this hell
no hope at all

urge to restart intensifies

>friendly runs out of ammo
>punches dude in metal armour 10 times for 0 damage
>gets one shot by him

oddity:
>*snort* time to *crunch crunch* hack this box for the 5000th time maybe ill get 1 exp for it *wheeze*

classic:
>WHIRRRRRRRRR
>+20000exp

NEVER. WHEN GOD GIVES YOU FISTS YOU PUNCH THOSE FUCKING SEA SNEKS LIKE A REAL MAYNE.

>SNORT let me just pick every lock for one bar PLEASE just ONE BAR

meanwhile in classic:
>kill anyone you want
>people are nothing more than free exp for your based overleveled character

All of them? The uniques don't.

>miss
>miss
>hit
>miss
love having a hit chance capped at 60% as a sword user, its great
this game is really pissing me off right now

this samefagging virgin is at it again

the funniest part is that this (you)begging streetshit hasnt even heard of the game until 2 weeks ago

My best advise to you sir after beating the dlc as a swordman is to just equip the tankiest armor you have, your armor does not affect the combat on the jetski in any shape or form.

Like I said, splurge on the expensive jet. At least even at 30% chance it pretty much always hits the target regardless that you have 0 in guns.

>try and use crossbow
>40% up close
>20% medium range
>30% long range
what is this shit

Fuck my roleplay autism. I just wanna go with JKK or Praetorian since I went coretech last game but my current character would be a better fit working there again. I am such a bitch.

Check the weapon. It should display its optimal range. Closer or farther than that, the % drops.

Did you move away from close range and incur the move and shoot penalty?

is it possible to kill the entire SGS population?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x326, 3.63M)

Tanner was invincible at one point. Not sure if he still is.

Excluding Tanner, who is invincible unless you kill him with a bug, yes.

>first huge shootout with like 20 human enemies
>way too much stuff to pickup and its all worth a shit ton
the jew in me is hurting

>Fight Zaman
>He hits me
>Get 'Fear' debuff
>Doesnt allow me do nothing but move
Huh, neat

scrap shitty guns, make repair kits to fix up good guns to increase the value.

Post expansion armor, can you look cool? Is the armor shown in that new Doomguy portrait in? I am tired of being metal man.

>go to merchant
>"ah I will buy one of your 10 guns from you then I am out of cash, see me in an hour if you want me to buy another"

is there some mod out there that does weight/value calculations in the game so i can jew harder

if this stupid fucking thing unstealths me one more time and forces me to reload my game I'm just restarting with a psi character and no stealth.

Attached: file.png (1165x895, 1.3M)

>Dark place, cant see shit
>Dont want to use flares, dont have night vision
>Cast Proxy
>Purple magical lantern following me around
Is nice

stash the guns near the merchant and come back later
do not sell anything less than max durability if you can help it, maximize profits

THIS holy fuck
FUCK OFF YOU AEGIS SEC RETARDS
should've let the fuckin pirates burn your shantay to the ground

Cheatfags, everyone.

>ah I will buy one of your 30 guns from you, next time when you come back with 50 I can buy another

then make multiple stashes near many different merchants
the time it takes to move around the guns pre fast travel will have them reset faster

>gun is worth too much
>merchant doesn't have enough goods to trade for it
>never trade the gun

worded that wrong, but point is if you're hauling guns around to different guys, you're spending more time doing something, so by the time you cycle back you can just sell more guns
or just increase the game speed lol

I'll just not buy one of the expensive jets and leave everything on the ground instead as nothing else really requires you to have a lot of charons.

I think there's a jet you can get for free that you can sell for 24k charons lol
or just pump mercantile if it's such an issue, man

I like how the idiot who was askimg about stashing guns last thread is all of a sudden an expert on sales and has been doing it since forever

just wanted to briefly update everyone that i'm still really really mad about serpents, melee and stealth
REALLY MAD

Al fabet sect acolite
It's all a cult, I tell you

I just said charons are next to worthless because there isn't much to buy compared with quest income.

Just forge a suit of anti-acid armor from serpent skin lmao.

This is way you just massacre both pirates and savages at the start

/vg/ tier desu

>When your shield colour matches your psi
I'm so fashionable

I made a short tactical vindicator and I can never have enough adrenaline because of 4 attacks per round with feat boosted contraction + adrenaline. I’m loving this.

except that wasn't me, and I have been doing it since my first playthrough around 18 months ago.

Efficient High and medium shield?

Should I start on dominating or normal?

hard

what happened to melee?
im about to start and i wanted to fucking fist people

>should i start on normal or the hardest difficulty in the game
explain your thought process behind asking this question, i'd really like to know
not even considering hard? i just don't understand you at all

aquatic acid serpents will laugh at you trying to wrestle them

I didn't see hard

Attached: 9ajdcwd63p721.jpg (692x794, 46K)

so should i just collect like 4000 grenades and save them for them or?

jet ski combat is rough for melee, especially low hp stealth based melee
theres not much of it from what i've done so far, but jesus its not easy

It's not unbearable but basically you can fight things while riding a jet skis. However, accuracy on jet skis is further reduced by the stability and maneuverability of the jet ski. Those 2 stats are dependent on how good your jet ski is.
So now imagine, your accuracy is now your melee skill - enemy evade/dodge - stab/man
If you have a basic bitch jet ski with about 150-200 melee skill your accuracy will be about 40-50 against sea serpents.

they take 50% less damage until they attack you
they hit for about 3x your hp
ideally you just savescum to avoid them I guess, they are tough for every character except psi

Efficient convertion high - high shield

Normal

What's the coolest Core city faction to join?

so basically go melee/pistol hybrid?

Praetorian, although Coretech is near there

That's what she said.

Attached: Ba-dum-tish-300x277[1].png (300x277, 22K)

oddity fag spotted

No, the better way to deal with them is to be either a psifag or a big beefy con tank

>When you craft yourself a brand new, better set of tungsten gear
Oh yes I'm feeling it

i am literally starting the game for the first time now
so basically go beefhammer mode?

Go metal armor, sledgehammer, psychokinesis
Be a big guy that can cast F I S T

don't reply to him, he shitposts about xp systems 16 hours a day.

fuck psi
F U C K P S I
christ i cannot fucking believe they got BUFFED in the DLC when they were already by far the most powerful way to play the game

i'm surprised you don't get a special jetski at the start of the DLC if your psi is high enough thats just a giant fucking floating golden throne that lets you control the sea serpents and locust and take over northern underrail while you bang your faceless gf on the side

fucking TUNNEL WIZARD NIGGERS
ill die mad

don't worry about it too much just do the build you want
you will only have to deal with these things 2-6 times during the entire game and even the builds that are good against them struggle fighting them

Imagine being a psilet. Even normal builds take temporal manipulation now for haste memes.

do i need to go min max optimize mode or is just putting everything into being swole enough?
im asking so i can know if i need to research or if i can just wing it

What is the best full psi gear you can craft, and what parts are needed?

You're trapped my man, the curse will never allow you to not reroll

Research is always a boon. You should at least know how much CON and STR you need for them gude feats.
Assuming you're playing normal, no need to fret too much if you have your main feats planned out.

normal will give you room for error without being a cakewalk. the optimization comes later when the feeling that your build could be better starts to kick in, but that won't stop you from beating the game as long as you didn't massively fuck up by stretching your build too thin.

Imagine not taking the redpill, Psykers are the future of humanity.

Attached: space-ghost-coast-to-coast-volume-three-20050712082013429-000.jpg (460x307, 81K)

thanks
this has been the most civil and helpful conversation i've had here in the last three years
bless ya'll

Attached: c a t t t.jpg (960x947, 93K)

your starting stats should be on point and knowing what skills you plan on taking is pretty helpful

youtu.be/Y8RQG95Z48I?t=554
this guy has a lot of decent videos

No sweat. Oh, word of advice, consider you're gonna be a slow ass motherfucker who has to go for 1 target at a time.
May I suggest some form of CC? [throwing shilling intensifies] take grenadier

>qt widow tells me about her dead husband
>sweet talk her up
>she invites me for a drink
>she fucking murders me
god dammit

Maestro, your game sucks ass, fuck off.

Can I learn improved naval combat from Ladelman or do I have to go pirate for that?

Worst porno ever.

yes, no

If I want to make a chem pistol / tin can build how many points should I put into PER?
And how low can I go on CON?

heh nice challenging encounter you got here

Attached: raughs in psi.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

When should I start the expansion? I am level 11 atm

probably around 14 but you can go at any time

Mid teens

around 16

What the heck do you even do until you get your hands on a chem pistol? Or are you able to build one that soon?
That specialized belt looks sweet as fuck doe.

You can make one when you get to junkyard and until then just use the starting gun and grenades

you can make a chem pistol as soon as you reach junkyard
everything before that can be handled with some traps/grenades and a peashooter

just extract the humor on the spot bre, it reduces weight

stuck at 25 bio for now, jack
but I'm still not leaving that shit there, you dig? could probably craft 30 advanced hypos on the spot once I am there though

Only time I made my own (and didn't use it) was when I was with the Tchortists so it always seemed like a real late to the party kinda gun. You'd rarely ever find them in shops too. But as soon as the Junkyard is a pretty sweet deal.

If it's strong enough to main, then the guy above has a pertinent question. Both the gun(s) and the best armor for it don't have STR reqs. So you really have nothing you're required to spend stat pts on. Hmmm.

Guess I know what I'm playing next.

I'm starting to learn to let go after meeting Al-fabet and how all the merchants hate his ass.