Play Kenshi

Play Kenshi

Attached: kenshi nippon steel.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759401783
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"play"

how do i avoid the temptation to save scum when my entire party gets fucked by raiders and carried to the other side of the map to be enslaved?

Waiting for Kenshi 2. Literally only Flotsam, Deadcat, Nomads, and HN are good factions. Everyone else is so holy fucking retarded I simply can't co-exist with them.

i did and got bored after like 5 hours

When I get the SSD and +4.5 GHz CPU for it.

Savescum. Enjoy the game whichever game you prefer. I savescummed a couple of times things truly went to shit

are there sex mods yet

Only time I ever savescum is when the game bugs out or I harpoon one of my muscle gods in the back of the neck.

This game runs so fucking slow on my 4 year old laptop i have a bunch of low settings and fps boosting mods and i still get chokeups.

but i already did today. my followers pissed me off because they wouldnt stand in an abandoned building with me when it was raining acid outside(they were all on "follow" job, and i would have to remove the job individually from each member and tell them to stand where i want. instead i said fuck them, let them burn, and i stopped playing looking for a mod to fix it to no avail)

wait, you're telling me you can't have sex in kenshi?

>like flotsam ninjas
>but stole some good armor from an unconscious one i found
>cant wear it around them or around the holy nation, so i had to leave the area

Toggle off jobs?
Why did you have so many followers, anyway? Normal party member are much easier to control if you just group-select and move around rather than making them auto-follow.

End game with multiple followers the game becomes unstable and crashes often even with no mods. The loading times get annoying quick

toggling doesnt work for some reason. i pirated it, so maybe i never got an update or some other shit fucked up. im still in the "wandering all across the continent becuase im not strong enough to do anything noteworthy" so autofollow seems like the obvious choice. i have 12 followers, and theyre fairly strong, but im afraid of starting a base. idk what to do really

and how do i group select? just shift-click individuals, or is there a faster way?

what do they call that these days? cumbrain?

did they add a function to be able to see inside buildings you arent already inside yet?

you're not supposed to know whats inside buildings until you enter them

You can hit the tilde ` key to toggle select an entire squad if that's what you mean

Or you can drag with your mouse

ok but how about for buildings you've already been in once? or buildings you've built yourself?

Twelve reasonably strong dudes is probably about enough to start a base. Worst comes to worst remember you can hire some mercs.
Drag a box around them to select multiple, like any RTS. I wish there was a way to quick-select a squad but I don't think there is.

When is the engine update coming?
With Kenshi 2?

How do you enjoy this broken shithouse mess? Really, I have tried for almost 100 hours, the game is fucking broken.

Attached: 1436141022863.png (1023x767, 1.28M)

the dev said he would update 1 with improvements as they're made, so before 2 releases, but idk how far along that game is and the related improvements

You don't, retards fell for it because of Sseth and now they pretend that the game is good cause they wasted $20

on second thought, that actually is a huge pain in the ass when trying to order someone to do something. i dont think they have plans for such a feature, though

i like games with adversity, and its interesting going from starving nobody getting your shit kicked in by goats to taking on groups of enemies single-handedly and taking down cities

Praise Okran

Do what you will, that's the whole point of Kenshi. When I first started playing I would savescum all the time. However, after a few hundred hours, and countless unnecessary restarts, I've come to really appreciate how much save scumming takes away from the game. I still do it from time to time, but it's almost only when I've essentially gotten a wipe that would be bad enough I'd consider it a game over. That or when they game just straight up bugs out.
I'm running it semi-ok on normal settings with a bunch of mods on a gtx460.

Attached: 1562867969991.jpg (953x854, 245K)

300 hours here, I'm opening up trade posts all over the continent, have couriers running back and forth everywhere, making 10k cats a day, life is good

but you can't take down the cities really, would be cool if you could take them over. And the whole time I am trying to do any sort of large scale battle the game is fighting me, and my guys are running north for no reason, and my heavy armor dudes got stuck in a wall a mile back.
The game has a lot of potential, but I hate having to fight it all the way to get nothing

the cities thing is somewhat disappointing. after you take out all the inhabitants you could use the editor to make it your faction's. kenshi 2 development is going to include better pathfinding that will be ported to 1 whenever that aspect of 2 is finished. but you're kind of right, i only play the game for an hour or so at a time these days

being able to construct roads and bridges or somehow be able to control the pathfinding would be nice

Even with as much of a janky broken mess as this game is, it's got a solid character creator, and you can customize as many characters as you want. It's such a small thing, but it adds such a personal touch to every game, and there is just something about that which I love. I have racked up many, many hours in both Kenshi, and X-com 2 simply because of how personalized I can make every character in both of those games.
Only 12 more years until Kenshi 2 is ready for alpha testing.

Attached: 1563987133825.jpg (1835x1671, 465K)

> be robot with furs to sell
> go to okran's shield
> get fucked
> mfw

Attached: 0f8.png (466x492, 206K)

Okay. Playing as walking through the air for half a mile, snapping down to the ground inside of a rock without a save from the past 10 minutes.

I dont like how there is no main character i can be, im simply controlling a group of people

By not treating loading a savegame as some sort of a taboo act? It's a way of saving your time. Unless you specifically set a goal to never reload and play it in "Ironman" mode, there's absolutely nothing wrong with saving and loading especially if you're experimenting and making risky or questionable decisions to find out what works or what doesn't. Sure, you can recover from a fuck up that gets your group almost completely destroyed, but is it fun sitting there for an hour and watching game scroll by at 2x speed as you try to pick up the pieces to do the same thing again? No, it's a fucking waste of time. Value your time, user, it is limited and you are not getting any younger.

Attached: M.jpg (1344x1344, 197K)

so use only one character

>approaching anything belonging to Okranites as a non human
You were stupid. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

>not setting autosave to every 10 minutes

In as clipping into a wall while fighting.

Don't play Kenshi. It's LITERALLY an empty wasteland with nothing to do.

>how do i avoid the temptation to save scum when my entire party gets fucked by raiders and carried to the other side of the map to be enslaved?
Nothing wrong with reloading, but after a few hundred hours in Kenshi I stopped playing the game to "win" and just enjoyed the interactions that happen. Watching this game evolve over the past 6 years has been amazing and I'm pretty hyped for Kenshi 2.

Attached: kenshi early access.png (798x38, 2K)

>Head to the Eastern Desert and sell slaves until you have amount of money
>Buy a shit shack and build a research bench
>devote one character to research while your main force hunts vagrants/outlaw farmers
>get your basic tech going
>hire a few groups of mercenaries
>build a base
>profit
Though if you settle in UC territory you'll have to pay like 2~3k in taxes as well as trader's guild fees.

There is a mod to take over cities though.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759401783

>didn't even finish the first
>already working on a sequel apparently
are they gonna at least fix the atrocious optimization this time at least?

Any cool new mods come out since release? Doesn't even have to be lewd.

adhd

It's not empty at all, it's just too big.

Shek are for _____

Attached: kenshi shek.png (760x1418, 729K)

Nothing because they're too fucking stupid

Enslavement and martial arts practice.