Anyone played this? is this as good as sim city 2000?

anyone played this? is this as good as sim city 2000?

Attached: dd77b2f4f2da67d73b963d16bf31c8f9_screen_1024x640.png (1024x600, 556K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1084020/TheoTown/
youtube.com/watch?v=A84-wCLLVjQ
youtu.be/IHZ1qnyxar4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

soul?

SimCity 4 can never be topped.

Attached: greatest city ever.png (1024x768, 1.42M)

>muh nostalgia copycat #61927

I played for a day. Decent fun but wasn’t in the mood for a city sim. Maybe I’ll play again. But it’s only on android and I wish it was on pc.
Also has nice royalty free classical music

according to a dude on youtube, it's very soulful, you can even change if you want it more colorful or grey

it is on pc now
store.steampowered.com/app/1084020/TheoTown/

>costs money
Oh neat. Last time I used an android emulator. Although it costs money it is kinda cheap

i could only find a shitty crack for it, i don't know if it works, they need to release it on gog already

This. It’s the most aesthetic city builder ever made, both visually and music-wise.

played it on my phone before the pc port came out and it's a pretty good time waster

older versions of it were better, but Cities Skylines is pretty good now with a bunch of DLC and mods, assuming you have a NASA super computer to run it.

I used to believe this but cities skylines really got it right

Alright. Lets settles this.

Simcity 2000 vs Simcity 4. What makes one better than the other? Simcity 2000 has arcoogies, 4 doesn't You can import Sims into Simcity 4 though

While Simcity4 is pretty close to perfection, at least with some mods, I prefer Simcity 2000 due to my inability to deal with the whole region shit. That shit adds a layer of complexity that I'm not ready nor I am capable to deal with it.

i might be with some thick nostalgia googles right now, but i think 2000 looks much better, 4 just looks boring, with that said, 4 is still one of the best sim games today

My fellow 2000 bros

alright
is there just a huge SC4 modpack I can download

2000 was better than 4.

Attached: SC2K.png (2560x1400, 969K)

skylines traffic, industries, and logistics are too retarded

SC4 modding can get retarded sometimes, but it's worth it just for how pretty the game gets, it's truly timeless.

Attached: 6cl6bbO[1].jpg (1920x1068, 818K)

Attached: press f to remember simcity.png (1600x1400, 2.19M)

yes, CS drivers are retarded. Industries never really gave me trouble, then again I don't have the industries DLC so idk
whachu mean by logistics?

Imagine SC4 but made for modern hardware and in HD.

has microtransactions and that angers me. Can't find a "remove all this shit for X amount of money" option either, which sucks because I totally would give these niggas some money, but fuck all that diamonds shit.

it's on pc without any microtransaction

I know but I have CS, SC2, 3, 4, 2013, even fuckin societies on my PC.
This game is nice and all but it's not better than SC4 or CS.

You definitely need some mods for SC4. Or else you get this shit

>big apartment shows up
>traffic increases around it
>no job because they can't commute in time
>gets abandoned
>repeat

>Commander Shepard's favorite store on the Citadel is the one playing Sim City 4 music

What the hell is the genre of Sim City 4's soundtrack? Some kind of Jazz?

Attached: commander_shepard_by_donabruja-d4v001d.0.jpg (1100x612, 77K)

Old shoes modpack

I'm going with 2000 because 4 runs like shit anything newer than XP

pretty sure it's called muzak
youtube.com/watch?v=A84-wCLLVjQ

it blends a few things together but I guess funk would be a good place to start

i started every SC4 game laying down random streets through the woods and pretending they were medieval routes I would then grow my city out of

Kino

Please keep this kino thread alive

I kinda don't like Skylines, I want to like it
The agent system seems cool, but all those fucking trucks from industry are terrible. Plus the freight stations just have a sole entry and exit.

And the game takes a crazy amount of ram to work without freezing.

And I don't like that the standard, non-player-placeable farms from zones. Who say tbat and said "yup, that's a good enough farm".

I do like the overall zoning layout, and the district system is damn nice idea. Plus I like the tram system, although that required buying the snow expansion that just gave you snow maps and not actual snow during winter(When Banished, an indy game made by one guy, did.) And I had fun making transport networks and tweeking roads for better flow.

Overall, I think I just prefer Simcity 4. Skylines isn's a bad game per say, it's just not for me.

F

That's a good question. I do like all the music.

Also, have a what-if:
youtu.be/IHZ1qnyxar4

I like how its basically American city simulator.
Getting all services to green without loosing money is impossible because people bitch too much about taxes.

I want a Europe mod where taxes can be %50 and people wont complain.

My boyfriend and I played a bit of Sim City 4 lately as a bit of a group project. Here's my part.

Attached: sim.png (1916x1076, 3.63M)

He did the outer parts. We've been putting it off a bit lately but the plan is to fill the whole island basically and make it seem decently connected. Neither of us are experts at SC4 but it's fun creating something together.

Attached: sim2.png (1918x1079, 2.37M)

Looks nice, I modded my game with gigabytes of west european looking mods. Still haven't build anything decent....

Post kino cities

I always kind of preferred 3000 to 4.

It's more fun to design city layouts within the restrictions of 3000 to me, plus I like how vanilla 3000 actually works unlike vanilla 4

Does it have arcologies?

>Why yes, I don't cut funding to roads. How can you tell?

Attached: FUNDING.jpg (400x400, 21K)

This guy was impossible to satisfy. Either had too many roads or he'd get mad for deleting roads and cutting funding.

Yes, the half-assed way they made C:S and it's "addons" makes me cry too.

Yet its the only decent citybuilder in recent years after EA failed us. Its why I cry - we have nothing else other than the classics and CS.

Anyone else enjoy "Sim Tower"? I liked it way more than simcity. It's too bad it never really got a successor, best it got was a rather shitty indie game that copied it.

Simearth 2 when? That game has so many comfy memories for me

I fucking loved SimTower. And its kind of hard to say what exactly is the successor to SimTower

Yoot Tower was made by Yoot Saito, the guy behind Simtower (believe it or not, SimTower was not by Will Wright. Rather, Maxis got in touch with Yoot Saito, and Yoot made SimTower for Maxis). Yoot then left Maxis to make Yoot Tower.

There is also Project Highrise, which I take to be the game you dislike. I admit its a bit too byzantine and overly complicated, unlike SimTower.

I should reinstall SimTower again but, and truth be told, I would also like to see Simcity 2000 and SimTower be remastered.

Attached: 220px-Yoot_Tower_Coverart.png (220x271, 137K)

MOTHERFUCKER I'm the same! SimEarth was one of my favorite games, along with SimTower. Fuck, I thought Spore was going to SimEarth 2 - which is what t should have been. It is why I will never forgive EA - only Maxis could make a game like SimEarth, and a real Simearth 2 needs inspiration from James Lovelock and his Gaia theory.

SimEarth was optimized for 486 computers. Imagine if a modern SimEarth was made now. Its a shame there is no one in this day and age with similar vision.

Attached: 53453-simearth-the-living-planet-amiga-front-cover.jpg (800x1016, 161K)

I mean, you can make decent cities in Vanilla (pic related, mine) and amazing cities with mods, but it hurts about how much the developers don't really have the passion for the type of game they're making, judging from what they focus on. Plus, playing with mods transforms it into almost a 3D modelling software rather than a game. The results are great but there's no gameplay reason behind 99.9% of the detailing work.

Attached: 20160324162217_1.jpg (1600x900, 562K)

Yeah that's the one I played. The graphics also didn't help it. I think I saw some of my people had hijabs on or something? Didn't play for it too long honestly. Having to build specific ulities for each room and then having to manage specifically who was renting each room seemed to just be too much busy work so I dropped it. Seemed to me like you spend way more time on management instead of building unlike SimTower.

>SimCity Societies
>year release 2007

Same year everything went to shit.

Thats kind of the problem with Project Highrise. Its suppsoed to be based off Simtower, but it lacked the simplicity and "fun" that made Simtower so great.

Seems to be that Simcity 4 was the last true word on citybuilding