Baldur's Gate Thread

HEY IT'S ME A Baldur's Gate thread!

Attached: meanwhile in the friendly arm inn.png (640x480, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OZlQCRwkeB8?list=PLBxu-h_98gNVS7sklOpiZp27nLgkLBYdS&t=1308
youtube.com/watch?v=KUASUdWiPlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where's Xzar?

youtu.be/OZlQCRwkeB8?list=PLBxu-h_98gNVS7sklOpiZp27nLgkLBYdS&t=1308

Got exploded into gibs while killing the orge with a belt

Poor Montaron. I'm sure he was inconsolable.

>MOMMY...I DON'T FEEL SO GOOD

MY 'OTELS AS CLEAN AS AN ELVEN ARSE.

NEVER HAD RATS NO NOT A ONE!

bumping for interest

Why did the companions in the first one not have as much banter as the second installment,always felt that was a weird

thoughts on playing through with a custom party?

Feels much more like single-player than the normal way. Also much easier because a properly minmaxed party makes Katamari Damacy look like Sokoban.

I would guess that they just didn't expect how well received the companions were going to be and so just rattled off some comedic one-liners for each. Then people asked for more and they enhanced the interactions for the sequel.

it can work out pretty well because you'd have complete control over how your party develops the major downside is that you'd have to pick from a small set of voice clips & compared to the story NPCs they'll be blank slates through the whole game

Icewind dale has it but there are mods for using a premade party like the other games

youtube.com/watch?v=KUASUdWiPlA

this city is too huge

Attached: Baldurs Gate.png (1206x900, 2.57M)

>Why, yes indeed I did try to do a mutamin's garden run in SCS, what gave it away?

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1266, 274K)

>Imoen tells me I should get a backbone or I'll never get a wife
>Tell her the only wife I'd want is her
>She kicks me in the testicles and tells me to stop joking around

Attached: 1537501716800.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

*ahem*

Attached: 1564037535071.jpg (4900x3500, 2.9M)

>gleefully explore the wilderness and dungeons
>reach new town
>stop playing for a week while I find motivation to continue

>wife

vanilla or mods?

Attached: sweating cloud.png (1200x1183, 696K)

I only have this issue with big dungeons. Durlag's Tower and Watcher's Keep are really fun, but I can only play through them for like an hour at a time before I get exhausted. I can explore Athkatla all day though.

I'm the opposite, talking with random NPCs, reading their individual walls of seemingly inconsequential texts for some subtle hint, and saving before every conversation so I don't fuck something up by talking with someone before I have some item or something and breaking something makes me want to kill myself.

Exploring dungeons meanwhile I can do that all day without a care in the world.

I think that conversation is from the NPC banter mod, but I'm not entirely sure.

Everything is so well written in both baldur's gate games that I never get bored reading dialogue. But I've been playing though pathfinder kingmaker and I've been skipping a lot of the dialogue, and I feel the same way.

Weird since Durlag's Tower has shitload of dialogue too and unlike most of Athkatla you have to pay attention to them since you are questioned at some point

You're crazy. I can spend hours in town looting everything that's not nailed down. The scripted events in some buildings makes breaking and entering every house fun.

Heh, again we're opposites the settlements in Pathfinder Kingmaker never felt overwhelming to me like they do in BG. The only disappointing thing about Pathfinder Kingmaker though was that game set me up with this expectation that most of the dungeons were going to be huge crafted locations like the Great Sycamore only to find most of them were copy paste affairs and the Kingdom Management/City Building had about as much depth as your average mobile game.

Constant traps and fights and puzzles just wear me down. Athkatla and Baldur's Gate at least give you a lot of breathing room.

The dungeons are incredibly disappointing so far in kingmaker. I just got through with killing Armag and every dungeon just feels like copypasted tunnels besides the Old Sycamore. I have those criticisms too.

Baldur's Gate AND Baldur's Gate 2 ARE good games anons BUT Pathfinder Kingmaker DOES have my BEST wife Valerie anons! (It does! It does!)

Attached: Valerie.jpg (702x700, 123K)

>tfw mods long dead have broken links

it sounds cool being able to repair your own weapons & armor

Attached: Weapons.png (1333x478, 61K)

I never used her. I dumped her for all the evil companions.

What!

I think I saw that mod remade for EE awhile ago or something similar

Her build was pretty terrible for your role and my main dude was already a much better tank so yeah I benched her pretty much the moment I got her.

You SHOULD romance Valerie user she IS my CUTE wife! You SHOULD play Pathfinder Kingmaker AND romance Valerie user! (You should! You should!)

Attached: Cute Valerie.jpg (1000x760, 159K)

>EE

but user I'm playing the originals

Attached: 4000 XP.png (640x480, 307K)

>tfw YOU JUST KNOW the tanner is behind the murders

>People talk about Imoen Romance mod being good
>Go to install it
>Errors out without installing
welp, I guess it's not compatible with EET+SCS+Tweaks Anthology

It installed without a hitch on my BGT installation but fuck playing that, I'm so used to zooming in and out I can't go back.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (845x476, 176K)

>EET

Attached: 1419971369472.jpg (870x960, 451K)

I think your missing some override files there m8

I saw that but shouldn't it have everything already? I figure that's just the incompatibility.

>play BGT
>no zoom

Attached: 1521995814938s.jpg (125x109, 4K)

Why play any Trilogy at all? Just import your character at the end of the first game, it's not hard

it's fine if you enjoy the aesthetic user

Attached: Vampires.png (800x600, 408K)

>muh wide screen
800x600 looks perfectly fine with non-shitty hardware upscaling.

It's just inconvenient to actually play with an window that small. Zooming in when you're in a combat encounter or negotiating traps in a dungeon and then zooming all the way out when you're exploring a field or town feels so natural it's impossible to go back.

>trilogy

Baldur's Gate I---->II---->???

What's the third game Icewind Dale?

ToEE?

BG -> SoA -> ToB

>mfw too low lvl'd to really explore the tower

could I get by at level four?

Attached: beep beep.png (395x391, 223K)

If you use wands and have an optimal party, maybe, but why would you do that? There is no reason to rush it

I did Durlag's starting at level 2 in chapter 1, the place gives you tons of experience and powerful wands/loot that will carry you through the whole location.

If you took out the Battle Horrors leading up to the tower you're more than capable of taking on the whole area from your current level. You could also reach level cap on the fission slimes if you were so inclined.