Danganronpa Thread

You know what time it is? Its Punishment time!
Why is chapter 2 always the best? Why is chapter 3 always the worst?
Any reply to this thread saying cumbrain is a limp dicked shell of a man.

Attached: 4dvpvJah_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
youtube.com/watch?v=NlMGFVS0E48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cumbrain makes me think of Miu and I like Miu. God I wish I could live life like she does. Hnnnnnnnnnn *cums*

I LOVE TENKO

Attached: 1560043347824.jpg (931x1024, 138K)

I want to protect her smile

>chapter 3 always bad

Attached: p25fviKQF01vx7hgao1_400.jpg (400x224, 22K)

>another cūmbrain thread

Danganronpa would be better if all the girls were desgined to be clowns

Attached: clown mikan tsumiki.png (506x528, 287K)

>t. limp dicked shell of a man

I love Ibuki!

Attached: ibuki.png (405x405, 307K)

Been slightly interested in Danganronpa for a while. Do I have to play them all in order or are they standalone?

Attached: 1561773756478.png (474x560, 290K)

Attached: 1564546445876.png (1365x1024, 402K)

play them in release order, but UDG and the 3 anime suck so you can skip them and go right to V3 after 2.

imagine sitting like that on a couch exposing your junk and smiling like that. what a creepy fuck.

What a Cumbrainer

Cumbrain is from Twitter.
twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
The earliest users were communists and trannies. I believe the person who coined the term was someone named fanghail. Her tweets are protected now but look up "fanghail cumbrain" on google and you'll find this:
>2018/11/07 - @fanghail. cecy. 22. ioriP. bearing a yellow rose. capacocha survivor. tenjou-dargerist imotive eschatologist. heir to lanah, king of .... i really hope the term validbrain catches on, even more than i hope cumbrain catches on.

trash, kys

oh no no no

what are you gay?

Attached: 1558985643021.jpg (1000x1200, 371K)

Thanks for telling me, Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain Cumbrain

Who would've guessed that retarded trannies are spamming shit again.

>Why is chapter 2 always the best?
It's supposed to a murder that's sort of "selfless," done out of some responsibility to another more than anything else, so it tends to be more tragic and emotional. It's only the best in DR1 though.
>Why is chapter 3 always the worst?
Double murders are forced in to thin out the cast and only the first game bothered to properly justify why two people are killed.

Attached: Junko.jpg (1008x567, 51K)

>4Channers Are Taking Back the Slur "Cumbrains"
so brave

>only the first game bothered to properly justify why two people are killed.
In 2 and 3 it's just "they walked in on me so I killed them" which is pretty much the most boring way possible to kill off a character in this kind of game.

Attached: 1554938032229.png (400x324, 119K)

Based

Attached: clown peko pekoyama-1.png (385x535, 256K)

is this the thread for cumbrain discussion?

holy shit i'm dying
please post more clowns

Attached: 1475392597461s.jpg (92x125, 3K)

Going in order is mandatory
DR1 -> DR2 -> Ultra Despair Girls -> DR3 -> V3
Ultra Despair Girls is a third-person-shooter spinoff that takes place between DR1 and DR2, giving a lot of extra details on both along with general worldbuilding of the setting outside of the killing games. It's not strictly necessary but it's more than worthwhile.
DR3 is an anime that's supposed to serve as a "grand finale" to the whole Hope's Peak Academy / Hope vs Despair storyline but it's kind of a clusterfuck so nobody would really blame you if you just ignored it and moved on to V3.
V3 is a mystery game in the same style as DR1 and DR2, but with a mostly different setting and a theme of "Truth and Lies" more than "Hope and Despair". It still expects you to have played the prior games though, you really shouldn't play it on its own.

Attached: aoi.jpg (1591x2294, 1.15M)

based clownposters lmao

which is the most difficult DR trial?

I would say 2-5 but besides that one they're all pretty easy to figure out before you even reach the class trial.

thank you very much

Strawberry House

My wife loves Tenko too!

Attached: 1556476860907.png (374x168, 75K)

yeah that shit had me fucked more than any other trial in the series

>Chapter 2
>Best
You're incredibly retarded.

>complains about other groups spamming shit when all Yea Forums is is people spamming: seethe, cringe, based, yikes, oh nonono, dilate, redpilled, have sex, ect

Probably 2-4 if you don't remember the one line about the soundproof rooms, but even then 90% of the Trial is figuring out how the killer did it more than who they are.

2-5's investigation walks you through the case in a pretty straightforward way, it's only technically unsolvable since there's no way to actually know whodunnit.

Attached: Sonia.jpg (898x803, 121K)

IT'S MAGIC

Attached: myownartsorry.jpg (1617x1541, 118K)

Ignore when he says UDG sucks, it's good. You can skip the anime though.

he lied, skip the anime.

Op a faget!

Attached: 1563327937880.gif (245x325, 1.09M)

Attached: 1554938591938.png (292x331, 43K)

UDG's sad excuse for gameplay is more than enough reason to skip it. Nothing of value is lost unless you also feel like watching the shitty anime.

>playing Danganronpa for the gameplay

Attached: stupid.jpg (274x362, 127K)

The gameplay wasn't even that bad, and the story more than makes up for it. I will agree that the anime fucks it over though.

That's the point. It forces you to slog through that trash.

Attached: hookup counter.jpg (848x1800, 329K)

>3-2
>good

>that 1-1 Leon-tier "YOU ARE THE CULPRIT BECAUSE YOU LEFT AN OBVIOUS PIECE OF CLOTH BEHIND IN THE CRIME SCENE"

It literally doesn't, you can completely ignore most of the puzzles and play on Genocide Mode to breeze through all of the regular gameplay.

Attached: monaca bear.png (1918x1693, 2.61M)

I didn't like 1 and 2's bonus games, but I've wasted a stupid amount of time on talent development plan and the dungeon.

I consider it Peak Danganronpa

The "despair" factor really is off the charts for that one. Everybody is slowly starving to death and losing their minds. The building is a fucking nightmare of weird maze-like architecture and the bright neon colors everywhere start to wear on you.

Nagito getting the big advantage for daring the russian roulette room, and the secret of how the building really fits together.

The actual murder itself was pretty easy to solve if you caught the key clue earlier that one specific room is soundproof, and Gundham can command his animals to press buttons but figuring out just exactly how it occurred was great

M A H O U J A

>What's an elevator
That entire case had the potential to be good, but it was shit because of Hajime being actually retarded and Gundham being a shit character. Nagito saved the entire case.

shut the fuck up

Everybody was acting a little retarded because by the time of they trial they hadn't eaten in like 3 days

Fuck you.
Makes sense, but doesn't do shit for me as a player because it just makes the characters more intolerable during a vital period for their survival. Nagito at least managed to keep his shit together, and his banter was good.

>hajime's movement speed decreases on the third day of free time
Absolute fucking despair

Attached: 1503554224796s.jpg (109x125, 3K)

>somebody has to eventually bite the bullet and commit a murder or everybody starves
>their mental faculties are severely eroded by starvation so whoever commits the murder will no doubt fuck up somehow
>but the people in the trial will also have a hard time thinking critically
monokuma was a dick on that one
high risk high reward

never ever

Attached: 1518968360602.jpg (2500x4000, 644K)

not to mention the houses they're trapped in are literally named after food and the wallpaper is covered in fruit

He didn't even really fuck up, it was pure bad luck that he got caught out. If he had made it back to bed before the alarm went off nobody would have suspected him, I don't think there was any evidence left implicating him.

Might as well just read a plot synopsis or watch the cutscenes on youtube then and save yourself a lot of time. At least the mainline games have the trials to make playing it yourself worthwhile.

Okay.

Attached: monaca chip.jpg (592x505, 48K)

The only chapter 3 I liked was the one from DGR1. 2 and V3 felt shit because they had the motivation thrown in at literally the last second of the trial and so you had no way of knowing what it would be or have any build up time to understand it. It's just thrown in at the last second. That said I do love Kiyo for taking out the student council and Tenko even though she looked like she was becoming less annoying. I don't mind the schizo sister stuff, I just think it's weak as shit and there should have been a different motivation.

Attached: kiyo dab.jpg (320x320, 24K)

is this the your turn to die thread

Celes is the 'weakest" culprit for trying to play 4d chess when everyone only understand 2d one.

Attached: kannna-si1.png (816x624, 338K)

DEAR BOY

Attached: 1564096534731.png (395x395, 161K)

Celeste legit has the most relatable motive in the entire series. "Fuck you guys, I hate being stuck here with you so Imma try and escape".

I agree, probably my favorite case. I also liked the whole idea of Gundham sacrificing himself for the greater good but just not wanting to admit it. Also, he's the only one who actually gets to go to heaven, which I think might be because he kills a robot instead of a person?

>heaven
>simulation

>murders two people
>"I wanted to live in a mansion with vampire manservants"
bravo

Attached: 1564625722823.png (1000x1187, 1.67M)

>everyone else gets blue screened to death
>Gundham enjoys the rest of the game chilling in VR heaven with angel bunnies and cats
Based

>Chapter 2 always the best
It's only good in DR1
It's boring as shit in 2 and V3
Chapter 4 IS always the best

The irony of his execution is that his delusions fail him, he's exposed as a good person and remembered as a hero instead of being the evil overlord he fantasized of.

Fuck, I'd kill billions for my own mansion.

Maybe he goes to simulated heaven then.

*ahem*

Attached: Trials.png (576x576, 238K)

I will post more soon

Replace V3 and 2's fourth case and it's the best tier list.

>while Nekomaru become alarm clock

Oh, wait wait put the second game's last case and C and then it's perfect.

I know it's "the point" but I'm always unsatisfied with how 1-5 is only half a case and you don't get to fully solve it with a comic strip at the end.

"My wife is Mikan and I love her with all my heart. How did you know?"

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

what should i do guys...

Attached: y24o0kC.png (619x337, 166K)

Semind

Your friendly policeman of course.

based i love tenko too!

>Himiko's lab opens up
>it's filled with Elixers
>Himiko now has access to her entire spell list as early as chapter 2
What changes?

kirigiri best girl

Attached: 1555028374043.jpg (1221x935, 116K)

Shinguuji was too based for his own game.
I'd rather just hang with him and let the others fuck off.

>tfw you realize where the poison was
That moment will never be surpassed

Attached: 85317DCB-77C2-4F30-A26F-B4B2994FFA6D.jpg (810x991, 148K)

>time for my magic trick guys!
>unveils it to reveal a corpse which is then eaten by piranhas

Attached: 1484173488860.png (1024x1024, 351K)

What would sex with her be like

I want to make my dick disappear between her thighs

Attached: nyeh.jpg (763x1280, 132K)

why is it that literally every time something new appears or happens it will result in a death, it's pretty interesting that DGR is the only series really like it
even the supposedly happy shit like the concert in 2 didn't make me feel good because I knew someone would die either before, during or afterwards

This but I'm also a wolf.

Attached: 2019-05-25 11_46_44-Danganronpa V3_ Killing Harmony.jpg (683x461, 52K)

start with the first game and go from there

shes pretty small

but she will never love a degenerate such as yourself

Attached: eurgh.png (290x290, 130K)

magical

2-5 is the best case and always will be

>yfw that's right, the mastermind was... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Attached: kokichi.png (805x833, 844K)

Youd try to stick your 5 incher into her and it would get about halfway in before not being able to go deeper

1, 2, v33
don't listen to anyone telling you UDG or the anime are important, they really aren't (UDG definitely isn't bad tho, and the anime is a good/fun kind of trainwreck)

The build up to the body in 2-2 is great because in hindsight it's so obviously establishing a bunch of details about the crime, even down to specific times, but it goes on for so long and there's so much fanservice that it still catches you off guard when the chime plays.

Attached: jam.gif (500x283, 1.15M)

>gundham goes to heaven
>all he wanted was to go to hell
monokuma gets the last laugh again

Attached: MEAT.png (1280x720, 760K)

MEAT

t. Celesteshitter
Gundham had an actually good motive and logistics behind it, as did Sakura. Far better than double murdering solely out of self-interest and greed.

I think pretty much every chapter has the murder happen in a place that was introduced earlier in the chapter. 1-4's an exception, though, as most of the action takes place in the rec room that was opened up in Chapter 3.

You need to play them in order. Don't watch any anime stuff, just play the games. Also, UDG is great and anyone who tells you otherwise is retarded.

Bone In The Meat?

on bone, the meat

MOLE ON THE BOOB

Attached: Chiaki spit.png (573x869, 617K)

oh baby

Based, me too

Attached: image.png (728x850, 547K)

Great magic trick! Absolutely hilarious!

Attached: Fukawa.Touko.full.2020494.jpg (538x814, 453K)

SOU
fuck that guy
>Playing trickster type of character with 90 IQ

Fuck V3 for baiting Kaito dying like 20 times. Every few minutes he'd say something like
>Yeah well, I mean it's not like we're never going to see each other again! Haha!

Attached: db349ad80a7fa3222556a090e0fd8928.jpg (1243x917, 1.22M)

Would you sign up to be a contestant if DR was real?

Man 2-5 could only have been improved if there were honk sounds everytime Nagito maimed himself.

No because i would probably be one of the first people to die or I'd be boring for the entire game because i wouldn't interact with people

Supreme Softness
Perfect Plumpness
Apex Adiposity

It's not like incredibly obvious deathflags are uncommon in this series. In Chapter 4 of 2 practically every word out of Nekomaru's goddamn mouth is "Look everyone, I'm gonna be the victim of this chapter!"

>i wouldn't interact with people
You'd probably end up being a victim then
Dangerous to be alone by yourself all the time

I will kill 3 people in a row with different method each and only show a hint during the third murder which I can't get punished for

My favorites were the ones that just seemed to happen completely out of nowhere. A lot were like that but only a few really surprised me, 2-2 probably the most- a lot of body discoveries in 2 were great, whereas I don't think they felt as bad to me in the other games. 3-4 also had that great sense of uneasiness where you know something was wrong but didn't know what.

>Would you risk a roughly 2/3 chance of dying for the chance to fuck a DR girl
Who wouldn't?

Attached: Angie hands.png (661x781, 594K)

You'd have to make sure you got all 3 before the 1st body was discovered
and remember, if you're getting a little TOO clever Monokuma will just straight up cheat to keep things going

How can SJW like this game I still don't know

Headcannon is doublethink

Attached: 1edff60620c457729d57bf5907b9aba5.jpg (900x861, 310K)

what a cute boy

>Make a deadly SEESAW trap in the hallway
>Wait until someone activate the trap
>Feign ignorance until the end because it's to prove I'm culprit since I didn't kill the victim directly.

I'd create a massive elaborate Rube Goldberg device that kills whoever sets it off, the adamantly claim i cant be the blackend cause i did nothing wrong

Based Komaeda. How would Chiaki fags EVER recover?

Reminder to play Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Attached: monaca back.png (1000x1374, 1.23M)

Just stay in your room all day.

You will forced to get out by monokuma

Monokuma would come up with some kind of convoluted situation where you are forced to act, like he did with strawberry house after everybody agreed to no more murders

>does a complete 180 and becomes a lazy neet living in a van

2's are definitely the best in the series.
>2-1 is pretty obvious but it does a good job building tension and you get almost everyone's reaction at the same time as yours
>2-2 is the first time the Body Discovery Announcement plays without (You) finding the body
>2-3 has a great setup with the first victim and the second victim shows up completely out of nowhere
>2-4 is also pretty obvious but it's also very sudden, and uniquely more inevitable than shocking
>2-5 is a fucking rollercoaster the whole way through and the buildup to finding the body creates an incredible sense of dread and disbelief when it's finally revealed

Attached: twilight.jpg (546x650, 243K)

based. imagine having a class trial and not saying anything until they come to the conclusion that you did it, only to reveal that they can't do shit about it because you aren't the blackened. you're just fucking with everybody at that point

Wow, she's just like me!

Attached: monaca NEET.png (1000x700, 689K)

>Kill billions
>Get off scot free
Really makes you think

That was honestly some scary shit. Up until that point Monokuma had never phyisically tortured the cast to start a murder

>kills entire family
>punishes the adults that hurt children
>fucks off to space after
pretty based if you ask me

Attached: 1531631948023.png (614x686, 246K)

>Danganronpa

Attached: file.png (355x241, 148K)

Hey, they are being gentle to the kids

>do do do, d-do do, d-do do

Don't forget
>kills the mc's entire family too

Yeah, Hajime and the others thought they were so slick
>We'll all stand together and say NO MORE to Monokuma's ridiculous game! He can't do anything about that!

oh ho ho ho ho
I heard you like food

>uniquely more inevitable than shocking
Why's that?

Why is this game being shilled here so heavily? Is not even finished.

Serves them right for what they did to Junkoneechan.

Attached: 312207328672.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

>AAAAAAAA SARA SAVE ME
pathetic

Gundham was a bro, also the fact that (given the situation) it was very likely that whoever did it did it for the sake of everyone else (even deciding to kill the robot out of everyone)

Why did they make this elementary school girl's eyelashes so erotic?

Attached: Monaca point.png (608x979, 569K)

>

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1200, 239K)

they were too intimidating to target

Byakuya is a genius and Toko has genocide jack in her so they're special cases

She learned early that mascara makes your eyelashes sexy.

Attached: monacawink.gif (540x376, 1.92M)

>Good, distinct artstyle
>Great music
>The twist is kinda meh, but at least it's there
>Sou is what kokichi supposed to be
>The atmosphere is full blown despair unlike danganronpa that actually give you some relieve moment.

Also I don't think Yasuhiro had many significant interactions with the others.

More than any other Chapter there was an established feeling of "SOMEBODY has to die soon." I think it's even the first/only body discovery cutscene where they don't play that awful noise, and the camerawork is a simple slow descent to bring the body in view instead of the usual jerky work. Nobody's particularly shocked to find him either even though Hajime comments how sudden it is, because they're all so exhausted. It only provokes a big reaction from Akane.

>do you choose to heartlessly sacrifice an artificial intelligence that's coming to terms with the fact that its not living or let it live?
>You let it live?
>LOL YOU DUMDUM, HERE, HOW ABOUT A CHARACTER DIES, THE AI YOU SAVED DIES, HER BROTHER GETS NO CLOSURE, AND THEN SAID BROTHER COMPLETELY WIPED HIS BAD MEMORY OF HER
>ALSO, ENJOY THE ABSOLUTE STORY IRRELEVANCE THESE CHARACTERS WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE DUE TO THEIR COMPLETED ARCS AND THE EFFORT OF HAVING TO WRITE FOUR ROUTES AT ONCE
This just felt like a major hack move tbdesu

Every killing in DR1 happened because someone was dumb enough to trust another person and go out at night

game?

Here's a question - which EXECUTION is the best?

I've always felt that Leon, the very first one, being dragged away by that chain and pelted to death with baseballs was the best one and the series made them too comedic after that.

The joke is they are all in computer simulation, and by processing all the routes Sara will save everyone and become the next Mafia boss.

i remember feeling a little butthurt when i realized only makoto followed the dont go out at night rule after case 3. all these losers were out walking around the whole fucking time and we couldnt? its bullshit.

Leon's a classic, and I like Kaede's because it's both ridiculous and really brutal, they're both very solid first executions. On that note, Teruteru's was mostly pretty lame but the first thirty seconds were cool as fuck.

You know when Class 77 first woke up from the simulation it was probably pretty awkward considering that a third of them murdered another third.

Yeah, I never had a problem with really any execution, but Leon's really made you go "Damn..didn't know it was gonna be that kinda shit..."

Kaede imo. Nothing comes close.
>slow death unlike Chiaki or Celeste
>realistic since everyone can imagine how horrible being asphyxiated over and over again before you can even recover feels
>she was actually a nice person

Not with Hajime's chadness and Izuru's capabilities

I wonder if there'd be some kind of extreme stockholm syndrome where people who murdered/were murdered in the simulation become fascinated by each other in real life and want to fuck

>>she was actually a nice person
You sure about that one, chief?

Attached: 156345345.png (623x993, 772K)

Leon's and Celeste's are the stand-outs

Mikan's is the only standout bad one, both bizarre and unsatisfying, the cherry on top of that shitpile of a case

Kaede was nice but really stupid
Basically an inferior twogami

Good thing DR3 didn't show that or expand on anyone coming to terms with being Ultimate Despair or really acknowledge DR2 happened in any way at all
haha

Attached: look at my hand.png (891x974, 847K)

Plus she essentially gets three execution methods at once (hanging, stoning, iron maiden).

It didn't even show them waking up, if I remember correctly.

There's an OVA that shows that they were woken up one by one, but you only get to see the last one wake up (Nagito).

thoughs in their looks as ultimate despair?

Attached: Remnants.png (1280x727, 1.47M)

t. Ultimate high schooler level incel

EVIL DANCING

How exactly did Akane inflict despair? Did she just go around punching people?

I want to fuck the nurse.

Attached: 58458046_p10 - Copy.jpg (600x484, 66K)

Yeah, isn't it funny too how Junko manipulated everyone through a brainwashing video instead of using their forshadowed obvious weaknesses and insecurities haha or how everyone is 100% alive and sane now instead of having an open ending lol man, I sure love DR3

Like the rest of DR3 they're sometimes kind of cool but generally fall far short of expectations

Attached: Servant.png (1220x1112, 922K)

i always though her peko and nekomaru were the muscle while the other were spreading despair

The anime's artstyle also really doesn't do them any favors. Nagito and Izuru in the boat is more foreboding than any scene with either of them later in the series.
also just remember how DR3 had them meet for fujoshi fanservice even though Izuru stated in DR2 that they had never met and he found Nagito totally uninteresting

Attached: I live on through this arm!.png (960x544, 543K)

>tfw no cute nurse gf that goes a little crazy if you don't give her the attention she craves
sigh

Attached: 1526806175084.jpg (800x939, 270K)

> a little

Attached: hiyoko hair.png (566x700, 332K)

I sort of agree, but pretty much everyone who was alone most of the time actually did pretty well for themselves. A lot of the friendlier people or ones that were close to a few people got murdered Hiyoko & Tenko post-bitch mode, Nekomaru, Gonta, Ibuki, Mahiru, Kiyotaka etc , while loners like Kokichi, Gundham, Nagito, Kyoko, Maki, Byakuya were either murderers themselves or lasted a long time. Rantaro and Ryoma jobbed hard though and I wish they didn't.

Mikan irl would be borderline but in 2d she'd be great fun to abuse

Attached: 1558793684623.jpg (500x819, 76K)

>tfw no stinky loli gf to tease and bully until she cries
going to kill myself lads

she doesn't kill anyone until brainwashing

Attached: 1526890549789.jpg (1036x1625, 485K)

It's funny how the game straight up says rantaro jobs because he was alone when it was only half of the reason
Sad about ryoma though seeing how he was really smart despite not having a traditionally certain talent

What about my sperm cell, huh?

So when she opened the door to the Tit Explosion or whatever and saw Mikan strangling the shit out of somebody, why didn't she immediately turn and run the other way, possibly to tell the others? Or did Mikan regaining her despair memories also give her ninja skills that let her punch Hiyoko's throat out of her body before she could even react?

Frozen in fear like a cowardly little girl she is

they die anyway, whether you ejaculate or not

Attached: 1527025420562.png (900x926, 841K)

The story is complete garbage. It's not even worth reading the summary on the wiki for.

I love her so much, bros
Mikan is for protecting and healing her mental wounds though! Abuse is a big no no

Attached: image.png (500x720, 324K)

Who fucking knows, the game doesn't even tell you what Mikan killed her with. For all we know Hiyoko was already changing in the back room when Mikan brought Ibuki in and didn't have a way out.

Attached: hajimeme hiyoko.png (640x373, 235K)

>The story is complete garbage
You're complete garbage

Attached: KURO'D.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

I had a real problem with how many murders in V3 were "selfless", only chapters 3 and 6 weren't a (misguided) attempt for the greater good.

Wasn't she having trouble with her kimono or something like that. Maybe I just made that up though, it's been a long time

gravel in the swimsuit was the only time I ever had to look up an answer

I had to look up an answer in chapter 3 of V3 because I hadn't played in a while and genuinely forgot lie bullets existed

Kurokuma was such a waste of a character, holy shit

yeah, she would've had to escape completely naked and even if it was, plus even if she was wearing it right it's not like she could run very fast in it. she was fucked the moment mikan caught her seeing the murder.

Attached: 1526812845728.jpg (500x500, 259K)

The trials are far and away the best part of the series. It's glaringly obvious that anything in the franchise without trials (the anime, UDG, the spinoff novels) are just complete trash.

Oh yeah that one got me too

Weren't a lot of 2's murders sympathetic too? Even the token unsympathetic third culprit comes off as more sympathetic than Celeste or Korekiyo because she had to get her brain directly fucked with before she murdered anybody.

Is there any hope of a DR4? I feel like you do and need more trials.

same
i think there 1 or 2 lines in debates i had to look up as well because the wording was fucked and i was choosing the similar one but different to the answer

>All I want is to live in a castle with vampire butlers

It's kinda telling that they're the parts of the game that get fully voiced.

>the spinoff novels
You mean the ones that aren't translated in english so nobody including you truly knows if they're trash or not?

No, Someone that was on the team said that they rather do a Zanki Zero sequel than another DR game

He got a few chuckles out of me the first time through but he's just a grating shithead once the charm wears off
Still worth being in there for the fucking incredible twist at the end though

Attached: warriors of hope.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

you don't?

So what's exactly "Danganronpa"?

Attached: cara2-19.png (500x624, 72K)

Retard. The best part is the characters. The trials are hit or miss

Except for the vampire part, doesnt everyone

Cases 1 and 4 are the only definite "for the greater good" cases. Case 5 is also but is more "fuck remnants, all of you should die." Case 2 is arguably that if you consider that Peko was doing it to get Fuyuhiko out scot-free

I want Keiji to choke me out while he fucks my ass.

EVIL PHOTOGRAPHY

Danganronpa 0 and Ultra Despair Girls are great
The cast and writing makes Danganronpa good. There's as many dumpster fire Trials as great ones. UDG is far from flawless but it has probably the strongest cast in the series, since there's only a handful of major characters to focus on and the game being fully voice acted with performances at least as good as DR2's really helps sell it the whole way through.

Attached: nerds.jpg (1024x640, 104K)

Which one?

Attached: keiji comparison.png (760x624, 162K)

No, it seems like a bad deal. Correct me if I don't know the lore, but it's a TV show. They want it to last a full season, and monokuma's always fucking with things to make murders happen. I assume no killer ever wins, so you're either dead by murder or dead by execution unless you're one of the lucky few who survives to the end somehow. And I'm not protagonist material so that just makes my odds even worse.

>No
That sucks, but I guess V3 was a fine ending point if that's how it has to be

Right obviously.

Mahiru would unironically be one of the most valuable Ultimate Despairs by spreading pictures of their atrocities through the media and the internet. Could have easily had her been the one who blew the lid off the Kamakura project in the first place.

So of all the talents across the series, which would be the most useful and most useless in spreading despair?

>most useful
Ultimate Hope

>most useless
Ultimate Gamer

EVIL SWIMMING

saionji was such a great loli character, so how did they fuck up so hard with himiko?
shes such a nothing character for like the whole game

>PTSD ridden broken man
The first time he choke you will be your last

Attached: cara2-18.png (440x624, 75K)

Thank god.

IM glad he died in my playthrough, however it seems that was a good ending in comparison to Kanna dying

I mean she's still hot at least
Also she's like 4'11 which is barely below average height for a Japanese high school girl. She's taller than Chihiro even, she only looks like a midget compared to V3's cast.

Attached: Himiko full.png (687x1549, 775K)

I really love Cherami Leigh 2bh

Most of the DR characters are shit and are only shells with a couple basic tropes attached to them so fans can make up the rest in their head.

She felt like a character who was supposed to be a lot more endearing than she actually is.

Shut the fuck up

He is the Chiaki/Kaito character that will die next in the last trial. He had too much bonding with the main protag

Then don't play the games, faggot

t. doesn't read the FTEs

Attached: gamers.jpg (960x544, 91K)

That would be too obvious, now this is the man that deserves redemption arc

Attached: cara4-16.png (600x624, 136K)

Sara almost certainly has to be the Sage during the last trial, it's the only role she's never been

>Be in Danganronpa
>Kill someone
>Dispose of the body in a way that nobody can find it
>Weeks go by and everyone wonders where they went.
>Meet with Monokuma
>Tell him that I killed somebody and have basically gotten away with it, shouldn't I be able to get out?
>He tells me that people need to find the body in order for there to be a trial
>Successfully got away with murder but still stuck in the killing game
Man, I hate this.

pardo keiji is best keiji

If and Zero have translations out.

Reminder that we've never seen Gin's neck. Reminder that there's only one person we know was on the first floor who Miley could be talking to

Loli hitler brings in despair that makes junko look like a joke deciding not to break the switch of despair was kino

All of the new characters that get introduced in UDG and 0 are insufferable. The only ones that come out any good are the ones returning from previous games, and even then, they mostly don't get a lot to do.

>Dispose of the body in a way that nobody can find it
This would be more difficult than you're imagining, considering most of the games' settings

Everybody would realize the person is missing and look for them, and if by chance they couldn't find them they'd eventually smell the body decaying. AND there is a very high chance that Monokuma would "accidentally" give them a hint as to where to look.

You have to remember that Monokuma can and will break the rules so that the game continues.

If has an official translation, even

Literally any remnant of the body can be used to trigger a BDA- there was nothing but blood left of Kokichi

yeah but then just bring it back out somewhere after the evidence has likely gone away

I think he means DESTROYING the body, as in tossing it in the incinerator or the ocean or whatever

best: EVIL LUCK (if it wasn't on nagito)

worst: EVIL RICH KID or EVIL FASHION (if it wasn't combined with analyst and despair)

Oh, well in that case yeah he's right

He would have gotten away with murder, but because there was no trial or chance to avoid being the blackened he would still be stuck in the game I guess

that would suck

Byakuya isn't just rich, his family controls the governments of every nation. He could have spread despair worldwide if he wanted to.

Wrong

red herring

What Your Turn to Die improved over Danganronpa

1. Some choices do matter and remaining participants depend on you.
2. You actually play a female protag entire game
3. It doesnt just use same age highschoolers but also adults and underage kids
4. Add more villains than just a single thot

Bad shit
1. All mini games are too easy and feel like stolen from Danganronpa or Undertale. Some of them appear only once(interrogation) and it make it look like they were just throwing things there randomly
2. A lot of sci-fi tropes. It will make the twist even dumber than Zero escape, Ever17 or Danganronpa because they might use time travel, simulation or whatever because apparently AI with emotions and human like robot dolls are already a normal thing in a story which pretty much also make clones canon
3. No free time or any shipping with anyone. The game is also too short. Its basically like if Danganronpa had 3 chapters

But he is the dumb Akane waste of space character. He and Gin are safe

Nobody fucking cares. This is a Danganronpa thread, stop shilling your shitty game you fucking retard

your turn to die
danganronpa but better imo so far
2 chapters finished right now with a final third probably next year

>0
>It's got nothing to do with me girl
>Angsty insult boy
>When this is over let me fuck you
>My talent is that I have siblings

>UDG
>4 shit kids
>2 shit robots
>1 adult who never actually does anything

>I DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTERS
wow, great argument

The only major returning characters in UDG are Toko, half of the main pair, and Nagito, who is easily the weakest performance in the main cast. Both of them do plenty, in fact their conspiracy is the whole reason Komaru stay alive and involved with the whole mess in Towa City.
DR0 has a pretty minimalist cast, I can't imagine who you'd find offensively bad in it. The Secret Agent is just a more restrained Teruteru, the Neurologist doesn't really have a lot going on but he's hugely important to the greater scope of the plot, the one villain is pretty stupid I guess, but aside from that the only relevant characters left are Mukuro, Junko, Mukuro as Junko, and Junko as the main character.

He has the most connection to the orphanage, other either don't know or too young to remember.

Oh i forgot one improvement

5. If a character had a progress arc or was saved by someones, he doesn't get a plot armor. So basically Himiko after Tenko arc, Akane after Nekomaru sacrifice or Asahina after Sakura sacrifice could still die in this game

Nobody cares
this is a Danganronpa thread

Please seethe more, cumbrain

>You actually play a female protag (for the) entire game
Why exactly is that an improvement over Danganronpa? Did you only buy V3 for the "female protagonist" tag or something?

not him but it would've been fresh to play from a female pov imo

Because Kodaka is a hack who can't write any other protag than a male for self insertion

Yeah, I like Toko, and Nagito was fine for the small part he does in getting Komaru and Sho to fight. Byakuya does basically nothing.
DR0 has Naegi and Kirigiri show up briefly to do nothing. I hate everyone else. Ryoko is whiny and obessed with someone who does nothing but insult her, and the secret agent is a one-joke character where the joke wasn't even funny.
I didn't need the mind erase plot device explained. The games acknowledged that it was a lazy plot device and deliberately didn't overexplain it. Shirokuma and Kurokuma don't actually bridge any gap between DR1 and DR2, they just add an extra step.

Komaru is literally the best protag this franchise ever had though

>Kodaka is a hack who can't write any other protag than a male for self insertion

Attached: banter.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Only if I was diagnosed with some terminal illness, because then fuck it why not

How different is ace attorney from this? I just picked it up when it was on sale during the xbox summer sale but havent started it yet. Is there just as many hype moments as chapter 5 in each dr game? The mindfuckery of 2-6 or 1-4? The feels of 2-2 or 3-4?

>1-5
>hype

No. It's pretty tame compared to Danganronpa. The localization is also pretty shitty with the whole Japanifornia stuff. Usually, the last trials are the "oh shit" moments and everything else is filler. But thats just like, my opinion

This shit genuinely took me by surprise and i've been in shock ever since

Attached: Danganronpa_1_Junko_Enoshima_Sprite_Sidebar.png (560x560, 334K)

Q IS THE MASTERMIND

HIS MOTIVES ARE COMPLEX INDEED

SNAIL? LIFE IS TRULY UNFAIR

3-1 is a terrible trial from a gameplay perspective, it directly lies to the player.
Every trial except for 2 can be solved during the investigations, but the circumstances are different than straight up lying to the player.

1-5 doesn't lie to the player, it lies to the characters. Investigation basically reveals none of the 6 could have done it, so even without metagaming this one was obvious it was rigged.
2-5 didn't lie at all, it just withheld information. Withholding information is nothing for the series as new points come up during trials all the time as characters other than MC reveal info they forgot or didn't see how they connect to the case, which makes perfect sense.

These 2 trials are unsolvable during investigation, but they never break game rules or mechanics to lie to the player.

Phenoix Wright is the grandfather of Danganronpa series. Its pretty much mostly "refute statement using evidence" and "point out the wrong thing on a picture" in most chapters. Danganronpa just borrowed ideas from it and from Zero escape games

How does it directly lie?

Nobody gives a shit. DR is dead so there's no reason to bring up some random unknown shit for free internet points.

Yeah i never liked how 3-1 pretty much cheat to surprise the player. Not suddenly changes the rules about protag not being a murderer by default, but also make your protag an unreliable narrator. Its weird to see "Kaede's thoughts" when she describe objects around her or her thought about characters, but we don't hear her desires and plans.

No one give a shit about you or your comments.

meant for and

Well you do since you were kind enough to respond back

How does 2-5 withhold information? The only thing that can't be deduced from the evidence is the culprit and that's the whole point, it's a double-blind random murder. Even then you're walked through Nagito's apparent motivation and given the information to determine what he wanted the outcome to be, and therefore how his Luck would have (probably) acted on the result.
I don't think it counts as "withholding information" from the player if nobody could have possibly known that information. Nagito could have even obfuscated it from Monokuma if he had a reason to do so and Monokuma wasn't already omniscient at that point.

Attached: Chiaki think.png (282x308, 26K)

>in shock
i hope with how bad it was. DR1 committed the ultimate sin of having 1. memory wipes 2. twin body doubles and 3. armageddon all revealed back to back in the climax.

>ultimate sin
Fuck off back to TV tropes faggot

Kaede says "dropped what i was doing and ran after Shuichi"
what she actually did was drop a shot put ball into a vent where it rolled down into the basement, into the library and down a slope of books she set up earlier that we werent notified of to kill some jobber. by not letting us know that the character we were controlling was doing shit the game is directly lying.

>I put everything into my backpack
becomes
>I put the murder weapon into my backpack

>I put everything I was holding down
becomes
>I placed the ball into the grate and rolled it

We hear the MC's thoughts and are explained clearly what they are all the time yet this one we never once hear Kaede talking about this plan to us.
DR has never had an unreliable narrator.

Maybe it's a translation issue too, but the fact remains that you were lied to about your own characters actions.

Withholding information in the plot sense, not the game investigation sense. You can easily solve Nagito set everything up, and essentially set up a suicide-esque situation, but the idea that Nagito was after the traitor for this trial specifically(because he knew everyone else was Despair remnants) and that he relied on his luck to get them was vital information you didn't have at the start which would have led you to the blackened.
This counts as withholding info because every other case can be solved beforehand through logic and deduction, this goes against that, but doesn't lie to do so, which is why it's still good.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the trial itself

I thought the whole point of hiding Junko's face in each photo was that they didn't look like each other

they're fraternal twins, but they still look alike. the most noticable difference is Junko's boobs

But then you'd either die when they can't figure it out or have to keep playing with a target on your back.

The Japanifornia localization is the heart of the series. It wouldn't be nearly as fun without the dumb name puns.

based Souposter

What's the point of Rantarou: Ultimate Jobber?

How do you job in a muder mystery?

Muh character you thought was important is actually the first victim for the fourth time in a row

By winning the previous one and being the first to die in the next despite the hype and experience?

mukuro?

fifty third*

Not bringing Rantaro back with the Necronomicon is the single biggest missed opportunity in the entire franchise.

>Super duper high school
>Super high school level
>Ultimate

Which is the best?

>know important information
>no no I will reveal to you guys when the time's right
>die before passing the information

Attached: kannna-kaiso1.png (816x624, 417K)

Ultimate
reminder that the people who pushed "Super duper" also wanted to "translate" Monokuma to Monobear

based brainlets

Ultimate sounds snappier and cooler to say, though SHSL is more accurate to the actual meaning

Super duper evokes the assonance of chou-kou-kou, level is somewhat redundant.
Super level is a direct translation, sounds less silly to some.
Ultimate is the most direct, but somewhat bland and removing high school from the title gave us Lil Ultimate
Wrong, the SomethingAwful translation used SHSL and Monobear, the PZ hack used SDHS and Monokuma.

Yeah but the the other title translations were better, like Taka being Prefect and not Moral Compass

Is he Rantarou better written?

Attached: cara8-10 (2).png (520x624, 99K)

stop shilling

What

I love my gorgeous wife!

Attached: Photograph.png (1060x909, 1017K)

People who didn't play Your Turn to Die are mad as fuck someone spoils a game they were too lazy to play

And the fact that Mukuro has freckles

As someone who went through them all I'd say ultimately they're an experience that's not worth the payoff. 1 is meh, 2 is better, then 3 shits on them all and INTENTIONALLY sours the entire franchise. Don't read up on them too intently else you'll be massively spoiled.
I wouldn't say I regret playing them all but if given the chance to read them all blind again I'd definitely decline. Just stick to the porn.

>I had a real problem with how many murders in V3 were "selfless"
What the fuck????????
Kirumi was desperate to leave to fulfill her duties as prime minister of Japan
Korekiyo was literally just an insane motherfucker
Gonta was tricked and was a proxy murder on Kokichi's part, who killed Miu becuse SHE wanted to kill Kokichi purely to escape
Only Kaito and Kaede screwed up, if anything, the v3 class is the most asshole one of them all, piling on Shuichi's never ending suffering

Attached: 1562169302607.jpg (1024x634, 203K)

Attached: TooMuchEffort.png (571x854, 34K)

KIYOCHADS IN THE THREAD TONIGHT
/DRG/ GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME

Attached: 1562551445128.png (790x890, 400K)

Based.

>Spoiler
That shit freaked me the fuck out, but man it made Kokichi my favorite character Really wish he was the actual mastermind honestly

Attached: 1556599228913.png (422x332, 301K)

Just beat Ultra Despair Girls.

What did I think about it?

Attached: 20190802105458_1.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

But chapter 2 of 2 was fucking garbage and chapter 5 was the best in both 1 and 2.

>case 01 B tier

This is the best Junko.

Attached: 268432795012211.png?r1024x1024.png (1024x831, 1M)

How should I know?
What did you think about it?

>I had to look up an answer in chapter 3 of V3 because I hadn't played in a while and genuinely forgot lie bullets existed
That part fucked me up too, not because I forgot about lie bullets, because I didn't realize that only Shuichi and Maki knew about how fast the victim actually died

The gameplay was meh, the twist was predictable, but I still liked it for some reason. Even the power of friendship stuff wasn't as annoying somehow. I dunno lmao.

Attached: 20190731152521_1.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

Because it's so high quality, it's better at many things than Danganronpa.
It also fulfills the fantasy of a Danganronpa game with Zero Escape style puzzles, it's very sexy.

>find out later his organisation performs harmless pranks all across the world
>despite this he fucks with everyone to their point of killing their will to live and directly leads to the death of 2 people
This shit annoyed me

What is this pose trying to convey bros?

Attached: 1553749986720.jpg (480x521, 49K)

She literally mentions a Rube-Goldberg machine. Hell, if you go back, there's tons of shit that she says in her head that has new meaning of you read it under the lense of her being a murderer.

He just wanted to stop the killing bro...

But user...Kaede never killed anyone :^)

>DR has never had an unreliable narrator.
I don't really consider this a valid criticism since a lot of DR's identity has been about subverting the player's expectations based on re-used elements.

Also not a fan of 3-1. I didn't like it for the same reasons I didn't like Spec Ops, because you do something unknowingly and then the game says "oh look you killed someone, now feel bad" which just pisses me off. At least in that though your character doesn't do something which the game then hides from you like Kaede does.

I always chalk it up to being in a desperate situation and a possibly secret malicious sense of humor
v3 is my overall favorite but I can't deny they missed some opportunities

Attached: 1556517617115.png (984x734, 166K)

Bros, why did Genocider Sho remember the Tragedy but not their time at school when this image indicates that she was around to some extent during their school years?

If she remembered the school then she would be more familiar with the characters when talking to them, right?

Attached: Danganronpa_1_CG_-_Class_78th_Photo_(Yasuhiro's).png (960x544, 451K)

>Kills Miu
>Kills Gonta
>Kills Kaito
>Kills himself
>Achieves nothing in the end
Is he the biggest retard in the series?

You're meant to feel bad for Kaede, the game never tries to shame you for it I'm pretty sure.

>Jill reacts to Junko like she has no idea who she is
>Jill totally remembers spending 2 years at school with Junko and Mukuro
People who say DR1's big-picture plot and finale are better than DR2's have brain worms

Attached: Genocide Jill fullart.png (990x990, 861K)

Finding out that Tsumagi did it actually had my blood boiling in a good way

I want to bully Saionji so much. I want to scold her to tears and throw her into pool. I want to take her gummies and eat them in front of her. Then I'll force-feed her with lemon-flavored gummies, palm after palm. I want to call her a stinky and take her panties so she has to going commando for the rest of the trip. I want to mock her inability to put her kimono by herself, so I'll strip her every once in a while, yelling what one day, she'll be glad to be able to dress up herself. Also, I'll take her kitty hairpins, making her long blonde hair cover her private parts. And when I'll give kimono back to her, I'll make sure to put Mr. Ants in every single pleat and Mr. Crab in her panties.

And when finally she snaps and try to bully me by any means possible, I'll spank her in front of everyone until she'll like it. And when she'll come to me, begging for another spanking, I'll mock her again, then spank her as if my life depends on it, laughing on her moans full of pleasure. Mere seconds before her climax, I'll throw her into pool once again, leaving her in her aroused state.

>it's made ambiguous if the poison or crusher got kokichi first
>dude it was kaito lmao!
this shit was hella stupid but overall it was a cool trial

Attached: 1559628671080.png (893x903, 750K)

Attached: 1448192026872.jpg (600x847, 636K)

Subverting without lying you mean

Kokichi is not a well-written character. Most of his actions don't make sense and are purely used as an excuse to move the plot forward.

Why was V3 so fucking terrible? Not even talking about the catastrophic ending, but the fucking BLOAT. Everything took about twice as long as it should. It got boring and the game was a lot more predictable than the previous 2 games. I really think Kodaka lost his mind a bit and wanted to spite his fanbase.

Imagine unironically thinking the game lied to you. Kaede was acting reasonable and everything was fine, you retard.

Subversion is subversion, the trick is that the player character has never been the killer.
There's no reason to hold a grudge towards the game over it

V3 is the best in the series and it is great.

>>Jill reacts to Junko like she has no idea who she is
When does this happen?

If you mean 1-1 is too high, it's basic and requires no effort to solve but the actual twist and aftermath are really solid. It's a good setup for a tutorial case, it's just too easy (for anyone who can read Roman script)
If you mean 3-1 is too low, I take issue with the twist relying on just lying to the player instead of being genuinely developed like 1-1 and 2-1's were. I also think Kaede's plot was implausible, I don't really buy that she could have set up the ramp as depicted without Shuichi becoming suspicious for how long it should have taken her, and part of the murder relied on the music drowning out the sound of the ball rolling through the vents and alerting anyone nearby (including the Mastermind), which she had no way of knowing beforehand would happen. Her PTA feels like she's just irrationally flying off the handle, forced in because it has to be part of every trial (which isn't a new problem in the series) and the impact of her execution scene is really undercut by the Monokubs getting involved and even having wacky reaction dialogue right afterward that really kills the mood.

TL;DR 2-1 was basically the perfect regular Trial especially as an introductory case and they should have taken notes on it going forward.

Lol sure little buddy

When they're asking Jill to confirm if the apocalypse Junko is showing is real, Jill goes WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to Junko who replies with "Oh, I'm the mastermind".

There's no lying. This isn't like Heavy Rain where you overtly see Kaede think things that completely contradict the plot. It's just omitting critical information. Even still, there's a ton of foreshadowing, mostly in how much attention/CG's are in a few events.
>Kaede holding the shot put ball a long time for no reason
>Kaede's weird thing about organizing all the books for a long time
>Kaede mentioning she loves Rube Goldberg machines
>Kaede's first thought when finding Rantaro being "so he was the mastermind?"
The one thing that really annoyed me is that you can see this gap immediately in the investigation, but you can't investigate it. There's no dialog.
agreed that the monokubs are fucking shit though

Attached: LZsaiFS.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>spite his fanbase
Brainlet detected.

>Toko turns into Jill
>Jill notices Junko
>"Who the hell are you!?"
>"Uh... I'm the mastermind..."
>"Oh, nice to meet ya!"

Attached: Jack.png (575x888, 482K)

On the meat bone

Literally every similar character in yttd is a better written. Also why don't you put this shit into a spoiler? Hell even in yttd threads spoilers are put into spoiler. You people make those threads worse.

Listen here little man...you keep saying those words and I'll have to offer you an exclusive knuckle sandwich with extra mayo...

>Game consistently tells you every single minute detail of what the character thinks and feels and plans to do
>Been like this for 2 whole games
>After this twist it goes back to exactly the same
>Kaede was acting reasonable and everything was fine
>Thinks this is good writing

It's bad design. The game decided to take importance of plot over the games structure and mechanics.
It's a bad twist because it comes out of nowhere
>I dropped everything I was holding
and pretends that the shock factor makes up for the bad writing.

The whole concept of the game is to solve the trials using what you learned during investigation and have the suspects in mind so you don't get lost during the trial itself. DR has never had smart writing, but this was just trash.

the fuck why isn't this brought up more often when criticizing DR1

>Implying she would've thought about the sound of the ball.
This is only relevant because Kaito was desperately trying to defend her. Pretty sure Kaede was also surprised by him mentioning that.
>Shuichi becoming suspicious
She literally said she'd be arranging shit to try and clear space, and it took a while. So what?
>PTA
This is just to show how selfless she is. She just straight up did not want her crime to be justified, she saw herself as a terrible person and kept that burden for herself.
>>Kaede mentioning she loves Rube Goldberg machines
I think she straight up says that "this will work, like a Rube Goldberg machine".
>>Kaede's first thought when finding Rantaro being "so he was the mastermind?"
This is another really good hint, she was wondering why Rantaro was dead. Another thing was during the bit where Monokuma told the blackened to raise their hand. Kaede's thoughts were "..." instead of something like "Why is nobody raising their hand?" It was a conscious choice to be showing her thoughts during that time.

cumbrainlet...

nice

>comes out of nowhere
>Literally preceded by "Who could've set up the camera"
It was used well. Everything she said was not contradictory and you're pissing your pants over nothing.

It's not bad design at all, the narrative of the game IS the core. Leading the player along a murder mystery story with surprises is the franchise's priority.
Subverting the trope of having the player never be the murderer also works on two levels since it subverts the precedent set regarding how the game is played mechanically. This is more of a good thing than a bad thing.

>The whole concept of the game is to solve the trials
Not to mention that you do still solve the trial through the same methods, for the most part the game's structure and mechanics are identical. The only difference is that you the player got duped, which isn't inherently a bad thing let alone "bad design"

I actually like the ambiguity of drv3, it lets people get really autistic with theories

The English voice acting really dropped the ball on this personality. It's supposed to be "too cool to care about you", not "apathetic and bored"

I don't fucking get this this lying to the player meme. If you wanted to keep the twist surprising they had to make it so that you weren't explicitly shown her actions right? They still gave hints like making the ramp and taking the metal ball, so they didn't just pull it out of their ass. 3-1 was great

Attached: 1552979031849.jpg (1242x1222, 564K)

Is this Keiji and Kai?

>Despair Rich or Despair Fashion.

Are you dumb? Millions of people look up to and want to be those kinds of people.

Worst would probably be Ultimate despair Entomologist (Gonta)

>Implying spreading deadly insects and ones with disease to cause chaos is useless.
Small brain.

>That part at the end of the trial where you find out who it is, but also find out why they did what they did.
>You try to lie to steer the trial in another direction
>Kaito himself tells you to throw in the towel, admitting defeat
I don't know why but that part got to me.

Attached: 1540081734129.png (312x558, 90K)

>Leading the player along a murder mystery story with surprises is the franchise's priority.
If a story has to deliberately mislead the reader to surprise them it's not well-written. Even if there's plenty of entrende to clue the player in on Kaede's actions in hindsight nobody is going to suspect her because they are operating on the default principle of "I've been following this person's thoughts and actions and never once was I told they were planning to kill anyone." If the reader cannot trust the narrative then the story is no longer a mystery, the reader is just being yanked along for the ride.

V3's foundation is lies. It's absolutely possible to build a compelling story around that theme without resorting to playing "gotcha!" with the reader. V3's problem, if you see it as one, is that it goes in so deep with the elements of confusion and nonsense that there is no answer to be found at the end of the road. When you introduce stuff like plot devices that can just rewrite memories and entire personalities at will it's completely impossible to draw any real conclusions about anything. It's not a mystery story, it's weird detective-themed pulp sci-fi. The ending is the best part by far because the story finally crawls out of its own ass and has Shuichi say "this is just a steaming pile of bullshit and I'm not dealing with it anymore." I guess arriving at that that was worth a whole game's worth of nonsense for some people, but I think it also benefited a lot from the same phenomenon Undertale and DDLC did where it was people's first taste of a certain flavor of metafiction and blew their mind.

TL;DR if you like V3 and also like coherent stories with actual resolutions just read Umineko.

Attached: battlomeda.jpg (891x974, 105K)

Kaito tanked it because he was dead anyway (and so Maki didn't become the blackened), that was the whole point. He just wanted Monokuma to think it was him regardless of who it really was.

>nobody is going to suspect her
i did

Danganronpa was made for cumbrains who only care about waifus and fapping 24/7. Even the main villain is a slutty thot.

999 and Your Turn to Die was meant for thinkers who care about story and characters.

Change my mind.

Attached: 1564730574599.png (952x717, 186K)

>deliberately mislead
Literally all it did was not tell you she straight up the murderer. It didn't lie about what she was doing, it didn't try making you believe she wasn't the murderer. You've got to figure that out on your own. Imagine getting pissed that the game treats it's characters like characters and not a self-insert.

>nobody is going to suspect her because they are operating on the default principle
This isn't the game's fault. Also players who understand what Danganronpa is about SHOULD be operating on the default principle that the game is out to surprise you no matter what.

muh Ronald Knox 10 commandments don't apply to literally every mystery story, especially if it's a game that utilizes the player perspective in an interesting way while also being from a franchise that goes out of its way to surprise the player.

Boy you'd fucking hate Zero Escape.

I don't get it?

It implies that Mikan has hooked up with a lot of people, enough to make Miu flustered.

Miu is a cumbrain and also a genius.
How does that work?

>It's not really a mystery, it's weird pulp sci-fi

You might wanna check what series you're playing

Even with the hate, I legitimately feel like every trial in v3 (other than trial 2) was amazing just for how meta breaking it was for the ideas and trends Danganronpa has had through the whole series
>Trial 1 killing off the main character, and making the mystery boy completely irrelevant
>Trial 3 not just being another bad 3rd Trial in the series, but a so bad its good one (probably not on purpose though)
>Trial 4 legitimately spoiling itself before its even close to ending
>Trial 5 being enough of a mystery that the mastermind didn't even know who killed who
>Trial 6
If v3 is where danganronpa truly ends, I feel like it left off on a pretty interesting note, i like it

Attached: Dn3qiZqU4AAbEzM.jpg (1893x1295, 538K)

>and making the mystery boy completely irrelevant
every DR game did this

>every trial in v3 (other than trial 2) was amazing
Didn't mean for this to sound like i hate trial 2, it just doesn't really have anything groundbreaking for a trial

I agree user. They do border on 'it's shit on purpose!' territory but I think what they do is special enough for me to greatly appreciate them.

>Kirumi runs away from her execution
Pretty funny.

>every DR game did this
Kirigiri and Hinata were super relevant in their games, what are you talking about?

I dont wanna sound like a cumbrain but these are some big knockers on Kaede

I'd kill billions just for Celeste to sit on my face.

Detective Shuichi solving the mystery of what's under Kaede's pumpkin.

I guess if you specifically mean the Ultimate ???
But Byakuya was hyped up as a big mystery and he was completely irrelevant by dying right away. Maizono was also written as if she was going to be a really important and relevant character and then she dies.

Thoughts on Miukiyo?

Attached: i22wmu4unt921.png (832x1032, 945K)

Bad.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY KILL OFF ALL THE BEST CHARACTER BY CHAPTER 3 IN V3

IT WAS PERFECT UP UNTIL THEN IM STILL MAD!

>Sayaka
>Mystery

moe

>tfw Korekiyo turned out to be an incestuous serial killer and wasn't just a weird amoral researcher
ruined

EAT SHIT LOL

Attached: 1556524194468.png (420x585, 262K)

It has a cool reveal with ryoma dead in the tank as part of the magic show. Then the more you deduce it the angrier you get at kirumi for wasting your time by leaving a shit load of clues all related to her getting him into the tank in the first place, when she could've just left him in the bathroom. Her whole meltdown pissed me off because it lead me to believe she thought shuichi as a borderline retard by giving him an obvious trail of clues then denying it to the point of dragging the trial for too long..

>Murder mystery with subversion and unexpected direction
That's the point, no matter what Kaito thinks, you can't trust anyone. Kokichi was in the right the whole time

Attached: 1556565581070.jpg (595x842, 85K)

FAGGOT

EAT SALT

THIS SO MUCH

The shit about the tragedy and spreading Despair is fucking stupid and over the top

I literally only care about kids being trapped in a school and having to kill each other

I wish Jap writers would just show some restraint

I know, I'm just saying it's hardly a unique selling point of V3.

>The shit about the tragedy and spreading Despair is fucking stupid and over the top
I think the point of this wasn't for you to believe the legitimacy of something like that occurring, it's more in line with letting the player relate to the characters having this unbelievably absurd bombshell dropped on them.
Their reactions are by far the meat of the twist

AND WE GON MAKE YOU LOOOOOSE YOUR WIIIIIIFE
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

Attached: 1556893946872.png (482x267, 100K)

>muh 10 commandments

Detective Shuichi solving the mystery of how thicc Angie is because he already solved the mystery of why all other v3 girls are icky

Already long been solved.

Attached: 1523254656977.png (1366x768, 711K)

But he loves Kaede.

Correct

Attached: 1557250331592.jpg (1104x1200, 273K)

Based.

Daily reminder that Hopeman raped her continuously.

Attached: 1500936251214.png (393x476, 234K)

S U B A R A S H I ~ ! !

Attached: 1506895368613.png (450x450, 53K)

Tulpabros WW@?

Attached: 1505085579483.png (608x608, 189K)

BASED

Attached: 1556650605343.jpg (512x360, 28K)

>Why is chapter 2 always the best? Why is chapter 3 always the worst?

1 is a tutorial.
2 is when there are still enough people left where the whodunnit is intriguing and non-obvious.
3 is when there aren't enough people left for a decent murder mystery, so the writers are obliged to think outside the box. The result is a hot mess.
4 is when the culprit would be obvious from process of elimination, so they have to set up some ridiculous abstract situation to be interesting

Ass punishment time?

gamer gamer

I was sad. I spent a lot of free time with him and he seemed like a genuinely nice and knowledgeable guy behind his weird appearance.

Would you do it for her?

Attached: 1hzsdrab6ds11.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

Only if I could lick her until she did it

>drinking straight from the source
Is there even any other option?

Attached: 1563664297348.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

This is why I didn't like him very much. Before then, he seemed like sort of a creep, but, besides his odd interest in seances and shit, was a relatively good person at heart. Then chapter 3 comes along like "no he's actually just a creep lol"

Character assassination desu, he was way more interesting before that. Tsumugi is a hack

>poor characterization can legitimately be blamed on the intelligence of a character within the same game
unironically kino

>If a story has to deliberately mislead the reader to surprise them it's not well-written.
You just solved the mystery of DR, user.

>revealed in love hotel to have an incest fetish
>writes a character with an incest fetish
hmm...

oh shit lol, didn't even realize almost every single flaw in V3 is solely her fault

I want to be Tsumugi's onii-chan.

Attached: npxe5vpp8rx11.png (1000x850, 240K)

Attached: a.jpg (425x425, 11K)

Never liked Tsumugi at any point in the game. Then chapter 6 happened and I realized I have pretty good judgment

Serious question to those who waifu dangans, how do you deal with their canonical horrible deaths?
>pic semi related

Attached: 4F9A4887-D8DC-4492-AFE1-51E9E6B865DB.png (235x235, 20K)

I don't, because Kyoko is fine

dr2 waifus are all fine except chiaki

Holy fuck, same

One thing Your Turn to Die does worse is it keeps throwing braindead easy puzzles at you. Like, a locked door. And the clue to unlock it is written under the doorknob. And the clue is "enter the number of kids who can drink." Wow, what a brain tickler. I'd rather have a VN that cuts out this meaningless shit. Your Turn to Die's focus on variety is admirable, but a lot of it comes off as inconsistent.

When this game's honeymoon phase ends, people are going to realize its discussion mode is just as linear as Ace Attorney and DR, and kind of sloppy at points.

I haven't played Tetris in seven years. THM gave me PTSD for more reasons than one.
youtube.com/watch?v=NlMGFVS0E48

Attached: 1506855495441.png (979x694, 411K)

She could have been around only for brief moments, not enough to remember their faces or names.

Talk about a bruh moment. Fuck you tulpaman. I dealt with it by sentencing folklore cunt to his death.

Attached: 97F7D76E-4B91-4288-A25C-AEEE0AFF4CD6.png (1920x1088, 2.3M)

Was your waifu Angie?

>killed the zealot and cunt fu
Based fucking Tulpaman

Attached: 1506363720871.png (548x556, 28K)

>Was planning to play DRV3
>Been spoiled on all the deaths and the twist cause I can't stop lurking DR threads for cute girls

Attached: 05911B26-D936-449C-9E11-1112265BD005.jpg (680x680, 30K)

What about 5?

For some of them I actually wish their deaths were more horrible

HONK HONK

Attached: clown mahiru.png (311x522, 178K)

Not a problem for me
>all those fags seething because she survived and their waifu/husbando didn't
Eat shit lol

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Bonus_Mode_Himiko_Yumeno_Sprite_(16).png (693x969, 669K)

MAGIC DOESN'T EXIST YOU LITTLE SHIT