What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: A09F3E72-8476-4DD9-A2DF-832A5215524C.jpg (1125x1112, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jews

Unironically this.

Zoomers have extremely low attention span so sophisticated games from the 00’s are unplayable for them

Microsoft purposefully murdered PC gaming to juice it's Xbox unit. After pushing dev after dev into its console, it then start pushing GFWL so they could put paywalls in front of standard functionality like multiplayer. GWFL was an anti-consumer pox upon games that made backing up saves useless and carrying profiles around next to impossible. When MS finally pulled the plug on it, any game that depended on was rendered unplayable; many publishers were courteous to exchange Steam codes to consumers. DirectX went to shit while Microsoft kept using it as upgrade bait. DX10 had little to offer developers and was slow to adopt. DX11 was just kinda there.

Attached: 1444684461745.jpg (463x477, 213K)

cumbrains like

Cost of a PC vs consol

Normies started gaming

Normies with no sense of value.

>What went wrong?
Click-button piracy seriously turned publishers off to the platform. Once bittorrent became the norm, all the big houses moved to ramp up their console output considerably.

Good goy.

Jewbrains are significantly a greater concern than cumbrains.

people who complained about artificial "barriers of entry" due to low physical skill or cognitive capability

Cumbrain is from Twitter.
twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
The earliest users were communists and trannies. I believe the person who coined the term was someone named fanghail. Her tweets are protected now but look up "fanghail cumbrain" on google and you'll find this:
>2018/11/07 - @fanghail. cecy. 22. ioriP. bearing a yellow rose. capacocha survivor. tenjou-dargerist imotive eschatologist. heir to lanah, king of .... i really hope the term validbrain catches on, even more than i hope cumbrain catches on.

Same thing that happened to music. The emergence of the mp3 caused a paradigm shift: a new record wasn't a new vinyl or CD that you had to go out to buy, take home and unrwap; nope, it was a line on your monitor that you double-clicked. Same happened with games - massware that is a handful of clicks away, legal or not. They also got significantly cheaper. I'm guilty of digital hoarding as well, simply due to comfort.
Damn I miss the smell of a newly opened game box, and big fat manuals.

When the tech became more and more accessible, it lowered the overall quality of the userbase in all aspects of videogames, from development and creation, to the playerbase. I can remember when online multiplayer was almost exclusively the anglo-sphere, now I can't play an online game without running into a non-english speaker regularly. This could be a result of no region lockouts, however I believe when community servers were more prominent, communities self-segregated to be more cohesive and enjoyable, because what kind of community experience would you have if you were the only one who couldn't speak the common language of a given server? Now it's forced through matchmaking, although you're likely to be matched up with english speaking people, you're also very likely to be matched up with one person on your team who doesn't have a firm grasp on the language, and ends up being a liability.

These examples aren't necessarily an example of the quality of people, but the quality of the experience of the end-user. However the quality of the people is also a key factor, in that the barrier of entry before was a modicum of intelligence to understand how to use the internet, set up online servers, so on and so forth. There's also the fact that you'd have to be relatively well-off monetarily to be able to afford a decent computer and cable internet before lowered costs proliferated such things to the lower classes, which could be argued selected for more intelligent people outright, since IQ is the single best metric to predict socioeconomic status. As mentioned before, lowered costs proliferated these things to the lower classes, in turn expanding the userbase and including what I'd consider a large portion of undesirables in what used to be a supermajority of intelligent English-speaking people..

Attached: 1564419312088.jpg (1280x1256, 411K)

Attached: CUUUMMMM.jpg (424x300, 57K)

I think it's dumb as fuck to complain about this shit. All these games still exist and you can play them. There are more and more games coming out every year and loads of them are fantastic. Faggots just complain because they only look at AAA games and don't make the effort to find actual good games.

fuck man. it's been a rough month at work, i don't need this shit right now. video gaming was truly something else back then, i couldn't even begin to describe it. you really just had to be there.

what went wrong was video games got turned into addiction simulators. in my opinion its an unsustainable model, so things may flip at some point. however, the in-between from now and then will only get worse. Good games still exist, but they're getting harder to find and becoming more niche. God knows what things are going to look like if stadia takes off.

things are looking up, though. Death Stranding and Cyber2077 all look amazing, zoomers fuck off.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Source

This but ironically

Smartphones were the beginning of the end for humanity. 90s to mid 00s was the perfect sweet spot for technology and the old world.