Risk of Rain

Risk of rain thread, discuss mods, RoR1 vs RoR2, host servers, shitpost, fuck, suck, and truck your way to victoly.

Attached: risky.gif (500x506, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472449151/#472481659
thunderstore.io/package/Moffein/BanditClassic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

USeast Monsoon

Any changes you'd like to see to any characters?
>commando's m2 getting a wider hitbox to help it deal with crowds
>commando's shift getting i-frames
>commando's R gaining extra shots with more fire rate lime merc's R
>huntress not being a total snore
>backup mags letting engi put more mines down at once
>artificer's wall being taller and blocking enemy projectiles
>firerate giving artificer's R more DPS but causing it to last shorter like commando's R

Attached: D565J8oWkAA3qR8.png (689x750, 97K)

Artificer is FAT

Say that again

Attached: e8571477bb2d1461872ded61130d47147df6bb1e.png (977x1113, 398K)

>Mul-T's Rebar m1 actually gets affected by attack speed buffs
>Also tell devs to stop fucking with his m1 proc chance for modifiers because he's barely viable in the lategame already

>Rework Huntress to be not shit

>Rework Merc's dash to work seamlessly with his melee attack animation

I like all of those ideas.

>Huntress R has an infinitely tall hitbox perpendicular to its placement so you can actually use it on vagrants and flying enemies.
>Item that increases range on one or more more abilities (can increase size of hitbox for hitscan projectiles
>Engie forcefield no longer placed on the ground but moves infront of the engi and has a shorter duration allowing them to dynamically block attacks for themselves and allies
>Engie turrets act as gunner drones rather than turrets

>Can cash in your items when you obliterate for .01 lunars

Attached: 1561778809660m.jpg (740x1024, 79K)

Ten man in a bit

>backup mags letting engi put more mines down at once
That one's nice.

What changes have you made this time? Is shop still kill?

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472449151/#472481659
It's pretty much perfect. The only thing left, and this is just for my satisfaction, is making the shop instantly give you items again. Working on it right now.

Attached: 20190801005224_1.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

>every character is viable now
Does that include beetle?

If he stays alive to collect cash.

Ten man Risky 2. CTRL+alt+~, connect 47.147.73.118
>Sacrifice (only for equips. This was to solve an enormous rift between Engineers and Mercenaries. This is a LOT more balanced now, and every character is now viable)
>Bigger Bazaar, base prices are default (25 for white, 50 for green, scaling upward with player count)
>Anyone can join at any time
>A low amount of printers (to avoid lag during late loops), and printers have instant printing enabled for no waiting
>Red items have a 1.6% chance to drop from teleporter bosses
Changes since last night:
>Enemies with items starting at stage 40 (Why? Because I figured out how to change time directly in case games get too easy. Enemies with items was always a concession to our power creep).
>Bigger Bazaar chests now grant you items directly. No more waiting in line.
I'll be hosting for three hours or so.

Attached: Merc3.jpg (630x432, 112K)

2/10

Attached: 20190801005030_1.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

4/10

5/10

Attached: AHEM.gif (324x624, 168K)

Attached: Blazing fuck.gif (400x380, 45K)

Attached: YORE. UGLEH..gif (302x260, 184K)

>double clover before stage 4

Attached: Titan.gif (400x360, 51K)

Okay but host, what if... Bandit?

thunderstore.io/package/Moffein/BanditClassic/

6/10

rex is SHIT

Who thought these were a good idea?

Attached: El Abominacon de Hopoo.jpg (2303x1334, 1.57M)

Did they announce when the next update is coming?

September

Wiping soon.

F beetle bro, he died doing what he loved.

Wiped. Open.
The fastest of us all.

That Aurelionite fight was exhausting. I'm too tired for more.

Attached: poor little artificer.png (700x467, 395K)

3/10.

4/10.

5/10

6/10

Attached: Shrine of chance.gif (218x350, 1.84M)

Attached: 1562456159287.gif (246x382, 1.38M)

Wiped. Open.

4/10

Attached: RoR.gif (400x250, 2.58M)

5/10.

6/10

Attached: 1562374232272.gif (500x364, 377K)

5/10.

big tiddy artificer when

When the head's done

any hope of a face looking good ingame?

Well it's cel shaded and I've figured out how to get the normals to work right so it should look fine in theory. The biggest problem is the design. No idea where to even start with artificer since she has such a tiny head.

IMO leave the mask on it's a an important part of her look, i just want some big tiddies on her

could you make her head a bit bigger without it looking weird?

The original requester was asking for an anime head. I'll probably release a version with her normal helmet first. I need to do some tests to see if there's anything I can do about the jetpack

Not without the items looking especially weird. Think of the nonon model for how big the head will be.

>I'll probably release a version with her normal helmet first.
Thank you

6/10, stage 12.

I wonder if an unanimated face won't end up looking creepy.

It's going to look as creepy as it did when the ps2/ps1 did them.

I'm actually pretty curious on how these custom models (& animations?) are even being done; I ain't too well-versed in Unity & my own mishaps just end up in deformed, stretched out messes.

I'd love to do some stuff of my own but just don't know where to even begin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough

Where did you manage to get to and what programs are you using?

Wiped, 5/10

Take note, if you've done all of the hard work of ripping the model from the game yourself and properly weighed all the bones then you're almost done. Take the normal skeleton and rotate each bone along their relative y-axis -90 degrees. Not the global y-axis, the y-axis along their normals. That should get rid of the stretching. Oh yeah, you'll also need to know the order of the bones.

Been using a mishmash of 3DS Max, UnityEX, Asset Studio, UABE, & Unity itself. Most of the rips I get from anything seem to have the bones pretty fucked up when I throw them into Max.

Basically, I've gotten next to nowhere in my small efforts from way back around the time the game came out; I'd honestly given up on it until I saw the recent klk & kanna stuff goin' around.

I'd also be curious to know if I could apply this to other Unity games, since I've had a similar issue with models in Lethal League...

I've been using blender so I know the specific translation that occurs when moving a model from blender to unity. I think you might be where I was a couple months ago when I was starting modding unity. I don't know how to help specifically for 3DS Max, but I can tell you specifics that got me through things. First, Unity specifies bones by number, not by name. This is important because depending how your model is stretching, it might be bones being reassigned improperly or bones being oriented incorrectly. Something I use for reference for risk of rain 2's models is the head. When you port your models, what orientation i the head in/where is the head? Also, to speed up the process, use Utiny ripper to get a usable survivor prefab that you can slap your mesh onto. This'll keep you from having to rebuild the game every time to know if your model looks okay or not.

I'm not even sure what orientation the head is even when I attempt to import/replace any models; The whole mesh seems to distort into a barely recognizable mess; I'll try to replicate what it looks like & also get a picture of what things look like when I import the model into Max but it'll take me a while since I haven't booted up Max at all today.

Well the only reason I kept on going is because I kept getting little hints on how things should be. I say using the head as reference because Hopoo typically only has one bone assigned to the head, so it should look mostly intact. Stay in a Unity project and use one of the display prefabs you can rip with Utiny to make sure you're on the right track. I think they also have .asset files of the meshes so you can use those for reference. Also to answer your other question on , this should work for any Unity game out there. The amount of work necessary depends on how easy the developer made it to go through their game's data.

Also, I think your bones are out of order, then. That's why it might look like a mess of vertexes.

So far, I've exported just about everything using Utiny & now I have a bunch of the asset & asset.meta files lying around in a folder; Though I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here since I've mostly just been extracting the models directly from the sharedassets & converting the models to fbx with Asset Studio to take into max prior to this. (As far as I'm aware though, the model scale is horribly small in comparison to the actual model, but getting it up to scale doesn't really seem to do much either. I've also attached an example of what I get from an Asset Studio export. A lot of the bones seem to be pointing in the wrong direction?)

Can't say I'm too certain on what to do with all the .asset files I've got from here.

Attached: iZZ9.png (1089x799, 184K)

asset.meta can be ignored. It's good that you've been using asset studio to get the models, that's what I use. If Unity converts 3ds max the same as Blender, the scale shouldn't matter as long as the model is properly to scale with the rig. Yeesh. Are those all of the bones? Could you post an example where I could see the bones through the model? There are a number of non useful bones on mercenary's model, but they need to be listed off specifically. You also have to note that Hopoo uses blender when making his stuff, so you're effectively going from blender to unity to 3ds max. If you don't have any experience whatsoever rigging models, digging into this will certainly give you some.

No idea what happened. If you four could come back, that'd be a great help.

I have a decent amount of experience rigging models; I'm not that great at it, but I can get the job done decently enough. And yeah, those are all of the bones. I've attached a wireframe example as well.

Also, if things end up going south for Max, I could give Blender another try, but I'm very unfamiliar with the layout/controls/UI so that'd take me a bit to get to speed on.

Attached: TN7K.png (1094x806, 48K)

Closed. Thanks for those who joined, and those last four who helped test shit.

Okay, that's something I'm more used to. If you're able to tell proper orientation of each bone, you'll need to move each of them. Actually, do you know if you're able to change that pose? by that I mean that's the model's idle stance that won't be good for you when you're attaching a model to it, so I want to know if you'd be able to reset it into its A-pose. It'll probably be better if I post a more usable skeleton. You'd have to wait a while, though.

Also, try ripping MercBody instead of MercDisplay. MercBody should be in the A-pose

Oh yeah, if you do want to do things on your own, remember that the translation of bones is -90 along their y-axis.

Orientation & moving should be no problem, since I can view the local axis of each bone & move them as needed. As for the pose, all the bones exported like that to begin with, but the mesh itself can be reset to the A-pose. (i'd just have to move/rotate the bones a little to be back into position)

Also, I've been ripping MercBody (I didn't even know MercDisplay was there until you mentioned it) but it just kind of comes out like that when I import it into the scene.

Attached: bOIl.png (675x720, 119K)

Well I just said fuck it & moved this to Blender; I'll need to learn my way around the program but I figure it'll be easier in the long run for me anyway.

MercBody still imported in the idle pose, but I was able to just get rid of the pose & now I have things back here, though in a bit of a cleaner mess than before.

Attached: YOb1.png (1280x936, 559K)

now thats a sword