Does Steam's competition really want to emulate this...

Does Steam's competition really want to emulate this? I think Steam's excess of inane shit like profile customization just makes it more of a slog.

Attached: 1549547921751.png (731x767, 261K)

>complaining about a feature you can literally just ignore

at least steam is at a point where it has features that are superfluous to the experience of just buying and playing a game.

Daily reminder...

Attached: 1531584411973.png (639x1223, 349K)

What's wrong with having a private profile?
Always accepting free games ;-) :3c
B-but it's ironic, I swear!

>don't click on them

WOOOOW SO HARD

Do people just add random peeps to their friend list? I only have people on there who I know personally..

this is your average cumbrain ladys and gentleman

I'd say a VAC ban is the biggest offender, outside of the cancer you can find via their profile pic/description/whatever the extra description boxes are called.
But is gud image.

This is a big cringe from me. You sound pretty assblasted.

t.private profile fag with less than 10 friends

>don't fuck with me, or I'll ruin your life

Attached: 1563783701387.jpg (783x808, 137K)

>actually clicking on profiles instead of playing video games

This entire thread is a zoomer circle jerk.

wth is gewp

>adding someone on Steam
When and why would you do this unless it's someone you already know or you're joining a team for tourneyfagging?

Remove the parts that are you being a bitch and this becomes an almost ok guide. Still one issue though:
>not just adding friends and needing a guide to vet randos for you since you're that lonely
yikes

Attached: steam.png (482x911, 393K)

2 points.
Okay so where are the new friends?

Attached: 1533845745722.png (1440x900, 502K)

>any -chan or Reddit-related groups
>Actually buys VNs off Steam (Ewwww!)
Nothing wrong with joining a small 4 channel group just to play one niche game. Also there is nothing wrong with buying Dies Irae.

Attached: 1513974263298.png (2518x1024, 318K)

ironic weebs should be gassed

1 point. I'm part of some Yea Forums groups from years ago to organize shit in Wurm.

whats wrong with idlemaster ?

It's not about what Steam's competitors want to do, it's about attracting more people to your platform. If enough people demand a social space on a profile to the point where you're losing money by not implementing one, then they will make one.

Whats wrong with having a private profile?

gibus engineer wildlife protection
it's a tf2 thing

>have less than 150 games (only 58)
>have traded for tf2 hats in the past
>play mostly tabletop sim, terraria, ror2 and tf2
I think the biggest red flag is when the profile showcases any hint of weeb shit, trump memes, tf2 or dota memes, or if the profile is less than 3 years old. If I don't see a background on any profile, that's my biggest red flag.
Found the volvo fag. Also, this is a guide to adding people if they play any form of multiplayer game on steam and want to play more with them, but a first impression isn't enough because they are way too judgemental.
Idle games in general have this negative stigma that they are too lazy to grind anything out but want to show off big numbers. A REAL red flag for anyone is the amount of time they put into it plus the achievement showcase for it if applicable.

Attached: 1000 hours.png (478x677, 294K)

>Tfw I’m a cool guy

Attached: F0F7A007-1B5F-4DE9-A1E5-91381BE694B0.jpg (250x250, 40K)

idlemaster isnt a idle game

2 points, what do i win?

Well, it's a good indicator of who to ignore.

Why can't people just like anime and not constantly meme spout like autists?

give me one actual reason that steam's option to customize your profile makes playing games more of a slog that DOESN'T have to do with 'well i dont like seeing it'

Based. Thank you.

Because they're actual autists who, along with being low IQ, lack any form of self-awareness.

I'm well over 10 points on that list but I still primarily use steam to play games, and review the ones I beat.

The only thing I like more than games are giant anime knockers.

Attached: profile 69.png (1950x2371, 2.59M)

Why is this shit so common on PC? I used to think it was just rare autism, but clicking random users on Steam Reviews leads me to these type of people a lot of the time.

We might need a newer edit of this because of the Steam Sale having those level boosters. Probably best idea is to say level 90 before the Grand Prix Sale.

Mine is level 90 now because I used to craft badges for games I really liked and even then it was only level 30. Now it's level 90 because of how broken the sale tokens were making it impossible to get discounts after day 2. Had a shit load of coins so used those on it instead.

I was about to say that guy doesn't look so bad but since you posted your own profile you're cancer.

Attached: 1559875576999.png (696x493, 362K)

I have a private profile. I don’t want to be your friend, faggot.

>makes it more of a slog.
The fuck does that even mean?

>0-1
>but am a total faggot
your scale is proven wrong

Name ONE guy who has an account with a game/vac ban who also isn't a gargantuan faggot who tries (and fails) to defend himself.
You can't.

Attached: FA27BB67-8592-4303-842E-26D30D60A40C.png (374x349, 236K)

Best way to get your profile rated by actual anons to say your friend is retarded for having a profile like this and then post your own.

If anons say it's autistic, then you can change it without worry that they know it's you. If they say you're retarded for thinking he's autistic, then don't bother changing it.

Attached: 1530177787097.jpg (500x500, 10K)

what the fuck is it then

It's always germans

there's so many variables there it would be more efficient to just list the traits that make someone NOT annoying

4, played lots of dota

Attached: 20190802_001901.jpg (331x401, 45K)

how do i track my sex achievements through steam

Attached: ad1626104-1563376484.png (300x250, 91K)

He made the chart to in a roundabout way flex that he owns 500 games or some shit. And makes his profile public so everyone can see.

>Giveaway points
This shit should be worth at least 5 points. It's one of the biggest redflags over there.
Another 5 points if his showcase is filled with some expensive but recognisable shit (Dragon Lore, DC hook, and so on). Those people add you to scam.

now that we know you're the virgin in the thread we can all get back to discussing other virgin's steam profiles

Reminds me of this autistic psycho.

Attached: 1564720471935.jpg (2048x3224, 1.42M)

Well it can't be all that...
>Canadian
Shit

Attached: NINTENDO64--Conkers Bad Fur Day_Feb19 20_55_24.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Consoles just don't have the same level of customization. I remember meeting a severely autistic dude through Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 and he kept asking me to check his cool forum account

>he probably still browses these threads to see if he gets mentioned just so he can hide even more

Attached: 1530507766156.png (819x716, 563K)

don't use discord

1.5 now.
>custom description with likes/dislikes
>lists specs
Used to be a 9 when I scammed ERP fags.

Attached: D54T3hsX4AA0Fi7.jpg (680x680, 40K)

its the only way t6hey can be competitive and relevant why do you think tranycord is so popular.

>less than 150 games
I have a hard enough time finding reason to play more than 15 of my current 50 games in my library, you can't convince me to buy 100 pieces of shovelware.
>steam level
If it's above 10 then the guy's a fag who cares about their level mine's 13, don't even know how I reached that number

but why would i want to doxx myself in the internet?

The mentality of a 5 years old + the libido of a 15 years old = virgin
WHat a cringey profile.

>3 points because of my danganronpa bg etc
>still in worth adding
nice

Attached: 1562610970690.jpg (303x303, 11K)

back to r*ddit.

I didn’t read the thread but thank you for the amazing image

i use SAM to reset achievements on games

based

What's a sam user/idlemaster? Why is less than 150 games considered wrong? Why is half of the red flags about anime when you can just say anime is a red flag?
I scored myself 0-1.

No idea about idlemaster, but SAM is Steam Achiev Manager. I used it back when I actually cared about TF2 hats and wanted the freebies even if they were ugly like that alien hat.

SAM is a program people use to unlock achievements without playing the game. You can also use it to re-lock achievements which is pretty nice.

>not being in a Yea Forums steam group for over 8 years and has a dead meme in its name
Sad, really.

Don't look bad at all, would add.

So literally everyone on v then

Could I use it in Poker Night 1 and 2 to relock achievement items and redo the matches for them to get them back in TF2?

>get drunk as fuck and play insurgency
>Make jokes in the chat
>Someone adds me as a friend
>We talk for a bit that night
>She's some lesbian living in the Midwest or something, barely remember what we talk about
>Pretty chill chat, nothing weird just sharing some stories
>Forget the whole thing and don't remember it until a few days later
>She deleted me from her friends
What does it all mean, lads?

What the fuck is wrong with buying VNs?

>What if its from an anime but not an anime girl?

Attached: TrQo9Uq.jpg (588x405, 39K)

You were a nice chat, but she felt awkward a bit about meeting a random stranger and talking like this. She was tired and didn’t think it through probably, so rather than dump you day of she waited until you might’ve forgotten then left.
She could’ve just forgotten you actually. Or she just wanted some attention for the night. Or she was really a he trying to get some attention from you to possibly scam you.

remove half a point since it’s not a fag anime boy

>play tf2
>some demo+pocket medic duo in my team
>we destroy the enemy team
>decide to run after medic and melee him for some reason
>do it for the whole round
>medic leaves the server
>friend requests from demo
>asks me if I find bullying funny and threatens to find me irl
>laugh my ass off, call him a crackhead
>threatens me some more while sperging about how his gf is crying because of me
>"consider this a warning"
>goes offline, deletes me from friend list
what does THAT mean?

>when your steam friend messages you jokingly saying how much they love you or personal shit
>witness you old friends slowly turn into tranny furries

Attached: 1564589336480.jpg (498x400, 25K)

The only strike against me is this motherfucker, no regrets

Attached: the dog absorbed the profile background.png (900x900, 21K)

I've had this happen to me lately. They went from being a pretty smart person to being a fucked up looking schizophrenic mess in a day. It feels as though they were kidnapped by the aliens or goverment and just completely mind raped.

Attached: what.png (751x1100, 347K)

thankfully i remove most people i have on my ''''''''''''''''''''''friends'''''''''''''''''''''' list every few months

>what does THAT mean?
You've been warned.

It scares me to think that these people can infect good, healthy friends of ours without much work.

Attached: 1530030673966.jpg (584x530, 216K)

I got 1.5. One for being part of a Yea Forums-ish unreal group and a half for under 30 hours playtime.

You're using a weebsite bucko, so what's your point?

What competition? Besides the epic games store, which everyone hates, there is no competition.

>Retards causing unnecessary discourse to spite Valve even though Steam is fine as it is
EGS would be dead and buried by now if not for you faggots

>anime avatar
Sure. Well, technically it's from a doujin game virtually no-one knows about.
>less than 150 games
>less than 30 "hours played"
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>Neptune background
Got me there.

>3.5
Undefined, apparently.

>no, no, no, no, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, no xD, used to be, but realized how cringe I was, no, but have it in library, no, no, yes, for achievements, have a lot, but also a lot of paid games, League is not on Steam, but definitely have 1000+ hours, no, no, no, no, haven't even heard of that one, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, what's ERP, no memes btw, no

Daily reminder, steam cucks are trannies, stop being a faggot and take the epic train before it's too late

Attached: 1553037315171.png (1154x855, 475K)

>friends with a guy for years
>he used to be good at games
>now he plays like shit because he's constantly trying to drop redpills in chat
>he'll literally stop actively playing and just type a short essay on Jews
>mute him ingame but still talk to him in mumble
>he complains every death, calling whoever killed him a tranny or a cuck
>sometimes I'll just boot up games and not even tell him I'm playing because he's become so jaded that he sucks the fun out of games.

Attached: redpill.png (1106x1349, 101K)

>part of several MLP groups
>Neptunia screenshots but not on the front page of my profile
>0 points cool guy
Thanks

Attached: 1511989287484.jpg (900x1200, 284K)

Translation from Degenerate to English
>ENFP-T
I think I can change the world.
>i am a type 2 diabetic which means i still produce insulin but not alot persay
I'm an actual fat fuck who like sugar. Insulin prices are too expensive for a NEET like me so I use mommy and daddy's money to help buy anime figures instead of what I need to actually live.
>I have Athazagoraphobia: fear of being forgotten,ignored,abandoned etc.
I am a medically diagnosed attention whore.
>The whole Sexuality/Gender thing
I am a massive flaming tranny faggot and this entire paragraph is a chunk of my profile. This much attention to something no one but other trannies like me would care about shows that I'm a walking red flag and disaster on wheels. Don't add me unless you like getting pinged randomly when you're in game with cat faces and a "how are you?" in broken English somehow.
>I AM NOT A FRIEND COLLECTOR
I am a friend collector, I have no way of humanly speaking to all 301 of my 'friends' on a regular and healthy basis. You add me and you'll either be added to my pile or be annoyed till you unfriend me. Don't expect ME to do that work when I add YOU, no, YOU have to be the one to talk to ME.

Attached: 2886914_-_NyanNyanCosplay_Rule_63_Shadman_comic_tiktok02.png (203x282, 58K)

Based

Just gotta wait for them to burn themselves out. Give them hints like groaning or changing the subject when they mention it. If they get mad about it say that Reddit made the redpill up to make decent people like him into retarded /pol/ faggots and that they're as bad as the fags he insults on every death. Mention his K:D being shit ever since he took the pill and that he should probably get off the /pol/ cock and start playing better.

Tell him you miss the old him.

Attached: 1446052679001.png (680x418, 516K)

>4.5
Shit

>tfw 3 points
>worth adding
Ok, that's nice.