>team making has the guidance of experienced racing game creators
>fantastic music
>a colorful cast of characters to choose from

>make the same type of race track three times over
>cut and paste some of those tracks
>slaughter established teams in place of non sensible combinations
>put in characters no one asked for
>give as little budget as possible
>online is a mess, cant even get in groups with friends on any system that isn't PC
>butcher sonic and friends' personalities even more
>refuse to do DLC
>all this after coming from an almost impossibly good racer in Transformed

Why?
Why does SEGA sabotage themselves so?

Attached: TSR.jpg (500x713, 161K)

Sega honestly stopped caring about sonic outside of marketing.

All they need to do is take this game, remove the team aspect, add 12 more tracks, add a couple more characters and re-release it and people would buy it.

No, even without team mechanics, which is an option in STR, the racing itself is very poor. I don't know if they intentionally gimped it to make the team mechanics work better, but they'd need to overhaul it completely.

why should they try? stupid sonicfags will lap up any turd they push out and beg for more

I wish people would just move on and just stop supporting SEGA's shit if you can't stand the retarded shit they do. Just move on. Just keep playing the superior racers instead of making pointless threads like this. No one cares about this crap game.

Except most sonic games sell like shit. If nintendo was in charge of the IP sonic games would be selling 10 million.

>The Riders series was killed by Free Riders
>Sega decides to take another stab at the racing genre making an, admittedly, worse game than Zero Gravity it was at least decent
>Transformed only improved upon the original Racing, was a pretty alright game.
>Proceed to shit the bed hard with TSR

God damn it Sega

Attached: 1558363778452.png (1920x1080, 414K)

They never cared since Sonic 1. Only 3 devs ever cared about Sonic, and they all left SEGA by 2006.

>colerfull cast of characters
thats where you are wrong and they fucked up
Look at crash adding EVERYONE and some with trophy girls and such

Sonic racing cant even get cream, playable eggpawns, the hooligans, honey the cat, they CANTY EVEN FUCKING GET ESPIO OR CHARMY WTF
Zavoc should of been his OWN team with two other of the deadly 6

>come out the same time as Crash Nitro Kart Refueled
>be objectively worse in every way

What the FUCK were they thinking?

Sonic and friends mostly act fine in TSR.

The difference is that the Crash brand isn't managed by an autistic Japanese retard who has the weirdest mandates any IP has ever seen.

It was going to be even worse if it came a year earlier as intended
The game was fucked from the start, just like Sonic's mere existence.

>make an amazing racer with tons of fanservice to diehard sega fans going back to the 80s
>time for a sequel
>"nah fuck you fags Sonic or bust"

This game could be a 10 but I still wouldn't play it, the entire reason I gave SART a shot in the first place was because I could have Vyse race against BD Joe, NiGHTS and Alex Kidd in a stage based on Burning Rangers

you mean like the
>we cant use classic characters for ANY REASON because FUCK YOU

He didn't make them, that's why.

>Sells millions
>Color Splash sells 30.000 TOTAL
If you want to tackle Sonic/Sega, please atleast do some research, because of Nintendo fans are sometimes rushes the arguments from another just to tackle their rivals because they "won" the war.

Color Splash sold nearly 40,000 units after a little over a month in Japan. The figure does not include international sales or even Japanese lifetime totals.

The wiki dosen't update shit when everyone does the reseach

Sure, but it's worth digging around before telling others to do research.

I don't see any definitive resources on the actual sales figures, but others site VG Chartz for about 800,000 units. If that's accurate it would, by install base scalling, make Color Splash one of the best selling titles in that line of games.

Either way, it's not such a good example because of the lacking data. That and a sub-franchise doesn't directly translate to the point of Nintnedo managing the broader Sonic IP better as a whole, as the comparison would be the Mario IP as a whole as opposed to the individual duds that come up here and there.

At worst, Nintendo hypothetically might end up leaving Sonic in F-Zero or Starfox situations.

Well then, i dig harder next time!
Besides, i agree that this game has a flaw but its a fun game anyway.

the game failed because they didnt put in the rabbit i want to fuck