Admit it, you loved this game before some E-Celeb talked shit about it

Admit it, you loved this game before some E-Celeb talked shit about it

Attached: F2565193-5F7B-4C1D-869F-B86A9514C572.jpg (600x826, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
youtube.com/watch?v=BFLfS2lF4JU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've always loved this game. One of the best Rareware games.

I still love it, why should I care if some E-Celeb has shit taste?

I liked it until I tried it again on the VC. Holy shit, 101% is no fucking joke. Fuck those minigames.

>liking one of the worst instances of a collectathon
But why tho? It was a step down from the trilogy and had a forgettable soundtrack.

T. Zoomer

Never really "loved" it.
I thought it was fun, never had a problem with it, but I wouldn't say I loved it nor would play it again.
You must be fucking retarded if you let e-celeb faggots do the thinking for you.

based

i cant come back to it the same way because i dont have the time and patience i had at 11, not because someone on a cucked website told me.

I still love it, same with DKC3, as much as I don't care for the overall feel of the game.
Donkey Kong Country is my favorite vidya franchise and I'm not going to let some e-celeb/tranny from twitter/Yea Forums autist ruin it for me.

i got it in a bundle with the green translucid N64.
i've played BK and BT so knowing there was an even BIGGER fucking game made me hard as a diamond.

As a child you don't really notice the disgustingly bad backtracking, you are just immersed in this beautiful 3D world.

Attached: 1545348168598.jpg (2000x1476, 1.46M)

I grew up during the mid 2000s, and honestly all of the early age Nintendo 3D games like OOT, WW, Mario 64, MM, Metroid Prime, DK64, Conker & Banjo blew my mind

I played it for the first time when it got rereleased on Wii U VC, so I had no nostalgic attachment to it.

The game is absolutely loaded with charm. The characters are all animated and full of personality, the cutscenes are funny, and the levels are filled to the brim with atmosphere. Levels like Creepy Castle are absolutely brilliant in those regards.

Unfortunately, the actual GAMEPLAY is a slog. Most of the gameplay consists of:
>walk around picking up bananas
>hit a switch that only one kong can use to get your banana
>open a path, leave to switch kongs, return to get your banana
>hit switch to open path to unrelated minigame to get banana
And the sheer amount of switching adds up quick. Most of the abilities you get are just glorified switches. No real platforming challenges to be found, which might be a blessing, since the kongs aren't that fun to control.

And that's why this game frustrates me. The charm and atmosphere found everywhere really makes me want to like it, but the game itself doesn't live up to it.

Attached: dood kook.jpg (465x402, 71K)

The VC version is actually harder due to the removal of lag in the game. Typically, the game would speed your character up to compensate for whenever it lagged (which was often).

It’s one of those games that you had to have played growing up to understand

Love the game but hate the framerate and lag on the N64 and not going to spend 100+ dollars to play the Wii U VC or deal with trying to emulate it poorly.

still love it. it's one of the best looking games on the system, though the framerate clearly suffers from it.

> before some E-Celeb talked shit about it
Keep saying it

What do you mean? I always liked it and til this day I still defend it.

I remember I had to pause buffer for one of the minigames where you had to shoot the kongs cause they were going too fast for me to hit

Please consider rephrasing your post as it seems as though you forgot what the beginning of your post was about after listing all of those games

I speedrun this game and believe me, the Beaver mini game will always be bullshit.

I still do, I just don't think it's as good as the other big collectathons of the era. The colored bananas and coins should have been universal pickups any Kong could grab, so you would only need to switch to get the actual important collectibles.

Attached: 1517211390860.png (1212x766, 2.23M)

i don't know what eceleb talked shit about it but perfect dark > conker > banjo 1 > goldeneye > jfg > dk64 > banjo 2 > dkr

always how it's been

dumb game for cumbrains

I did love it. I realized it wasn’t so great when I tried to play it again after 10 years and realized it was tedious. That was years before ecelebs started picking on it.

I've always loved this game, and I don't care what E-Celebs say.

wrong, I never liked this game or DK himself or even monkeys in general

I still love it and wish it was ported to something more modern. Also, which eceleb talked shit on it?

DK 64 was the first game I ever got for my N64. I know it's not great but I still love it. But that's probably because DKC is my favorite Nintendo series

Cumbrain is from Twitter.
twitter.com/search?q="cumbrain" until:2018-11-01&src=typed_query
The earliest users were communists and trannies. I believe the person who coined the term was someone named fanghail. Her tweets are protected now but look up "fanghail cumbrain" on google and you'll find this:
>2018/11/07 - @fanghail. cecy. 22. ioriP. bearing a yellow rose. capacocha survivor. tenjou-dargerist imotive eschatologist. heir to lanah, king of .... i really hope the term validbrain catches on, even more than i hope cumbrain catches on.

How the fuck is the DK trilogy a collectathon?

My family was poor & not rich like we are now, we got a N64 from a Yard sale

I did and I still do. That's nostalgia speaking though. The game is tedious as fuck. But the recent Kaze Emanuar hack makes the game a lot more playable

it's bad for the same reason tooie is bad: too many minigames. It's much worse here though since it's pretty much random whether an objective will give you a gold banana outright or give you a minigame that you can play for a banana. Honestly if all of the minigame barrels didn't exist the game would be a solid 8 or 9 out of 10

As a kid, the hardest part of 101%ing it was beating classic Donkey Kong. As an adult, FUCK those minigames.

IGN and other critic websites hated this game before e-celebs and Youtube culture became popular. E-celebs today basically are just copying what top critics said about the game back in the early 2000s, namely that it's just a worse Banjo.

I never got to play it because it needed the expansion pak. Yes I know it was included in the game but I was a poorfag and could barely afford to rent a game from Blockbuster every month or so, and the rental didn’t come with the pak.

I still love it the most out of the series but it really is a giant collect 'em up. I completely understand preferring the raw platforming challenges of the DKC games.

I am grateful they took the newer games a direction that pleases DKC fans but I would like a sequel or remake of DK64. There's a lot of room for improvement so a remake like FF7 would be fine.

Still love it, it's literally the only reason I keep my Wii U around.

Never loved it due too Donkey Kong being associated with trannies

Attached: 1548355906898.jpg (1536x2048, 416K)

t.Cumbrain

Back in the day that wasn't something really bad, getting 200 hours out of a game was something hard to achieve. Now all games feel like they need to do this and it's actually the "focused" ones who are considered "good" by most people.

Stop spamming this shit

I’ve been away from Yea Forums for a month. What is a cumbrain? Is it the new cuck/bugman/soiboy/NPC/numale?

youtube.com/watch?v=BFLfS2lF4JU
Can i shit on your tits?

most underrated multiplayer of all time

t.Cumbrain

its the only game i actually quit
fuck these shitty collectathlons

HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO SOUL
THIS KONG WILL FUCK TINY'S ASSHOLE.

Even as a kid, something about DK64 didn't feel right. I would start playing it, make it to Crystal caves or fungi forest and quit.

Beat the game once and never cared to replay it

I do.
It has some rough spots around the edges, but the game has some quality and fun to be had.

This is one of those games which I had a positive opinion of, until I came to the internet and found out everyone hates it.

learn to read

Also the term's been used on Yea Forums since 2016

I hated it before Youtube even existed.

Im not mentally retarded to have some dumb asshole change how i feel about a game i probably played before said assholes first console was a shitbox 360

Same. I absolutely loved it and got 101% completion, but I never touched it again and I barely remember any of it. I remember Jungle Japes and the overworld pretty well, but everything else gets mixed up with memories of Banjo Kazooie.

Banjo was superior in every way

this. i'm not even much of a banjo fan but i'd play that over dk64 any day.

I still love DK64 and i've always defended it. I played it last year again and i had fun. One of Rare's best.
I've found that most posters on Yea Forums say nothing but bad stuff about it though

this user's right though, the soundtrack for DK64 doesn't stand out amongst it's Rare brethren.

Attached: tootsies.png (920x518, 799K)

I mean, yeah, but no one is forcing us at gunpoint to exclusively like a single thing at a time.

>Welcome to bonus stage

Attached: Tu0uISz.jpg (806x639, 58K)

Kongs play too similar yet have too many differences. Donkey makes sense as a middle-of-road starter kong, but at some point you'll get a favorite and loathe how frequently you're forced away from them. Minigame barrels (and the fact the require specific kongs, often with little/no hint) are weak-at-best and get shamelessly recycled. No kong gets enough development. Bosses suck.

By the time you reach Frantic Factory the cracks are really showing. As a kid I'd usually start a new file, get to this point, unlock chunky and realize "welp this has gotten tedious". DK64 was a cute experiment and had lots of soul, but was ultimately all over the place and only unified in tedium.

It's closer to being a walking simulator or minigame collection than a platformer. Once you unlock the Jetpack minigame you realize it's far more enjoyable and rewarding than picking up 1/4000 (minor) bananas at a time at a snail's pace. It's not difficult, just tedious.

There's more but I've already given too much to a bait thread. Mario64 is better, BKazooie is better, Spyro1-3 is better, Conker's BFD is better- every N64 Rare game is better.

Attached: ApeAttack.png (960x960, 916K)

First game I agree with you but the second game is so bloated with backtracking and gimmicks that its almost not worth picking up anymore.

I've never not loved it though. Except for Jetpack. Fuck Jetpack.

user have you ever stopped to think WHY you think about trannies so much

Always hated it because its a collectothon nightmare. Only Banjo-Tooie is worse in that regard.

Crystal Caves had some of the best atmoshpere found in a 5th gen game. I spent a minute looking at the walls before a stalagtite hit me in the face.

I loved it but I'm not going to say it was great. I don't know why we got TINY and CHUNKY instead of Dixie and Kiddy.

>I don't know why we got TINY and CHUNKY instead of Dixie and Kiddy.

Chunky is great. Fuck you

WELCOME TO BONUS GAME!

I always hated it. The only reason I played it was so I could play Majora's Mask.

Tranny thread?

I don't think I played donkey kong 64. There was always another game I was more interested in. I wasn't even aware some e-celeb talked shit about it. It seems like these days there's been a revival of shit talking N64 games in general, which is disappointing.

Chunky is based af. I love how when you pick your Kong, Chunky becomes terrified when you highlight him and tells you to pick Tiny instead. Its little touches like that that make dk64 great.

DK64 was way more tedious than Tooie. Half the shit they did in Tooie was to address complaints with DK being too big, like grouping all the little inconsequential collectibles into clumps.

Amazing game , except that you need to replay each level 5 times

As a kid I never finished it. I always thought it was just too confusing, so I played Banjo instead

Why was Rare so absolutely based, truly a golden age of video game soul

>tfw got stuck at that stupid part where I you need to get the coin by playing the stupid arcade game

Attached: 1539459286907.png (388x402, 300K)

What the fuck are you talking about? Mario 64 shits on this dumpster fire collectathon of a game

One of my favorites on the N64! The free for all versus was our favorite, my brother and I would play it together while my parents argued downstairs.

Same. But then I grew up. As long as you play defensively, its pretty easy, though the rng can fuck you sometimes.

As a kid I was obsessed with DK when it came out, but 20 years later I realize I never got past the third or fourth level. I'd just replay the opening sections and explore the hub world until I got bored every weekend. Obsessed but easily entertained.

Attached: 1532668771920.png (521x340, 308K)

No, even as a kid I thought the amount of collectables was stupid. I did enjoy the amount of actual content that wasn't just different colored bananas or coins. Plus the multiplayer was the shit and I still break it out today.

I still love it now. DK64, and Banjo-Tooie are THE peak of 3D platformers.
I love to replay them to %101.
Exploring worlds with 5 fucking characters, keeping the moves from the last game, awesome bosses with their own themes, these two games were amazing.

Attached: 9d8.jpg (232x288, 68K)

I still like it. I'm not a zoomer whose opinions are solely dictated by some faggot eceleb.

>Stupid arcade game

Donkey Kong is extremely easy

JetPack however can go suck a dick, who the fuck thought making you get a specific high score in this piece of garbage was a good idea.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I never played the game but it looks like it's too big for it's own good, which is one of my issues with Tooie. Not such what e-celeb was shit talking it, but I don't care.

I never really hated it, but I never really loved it either.
It's one of those eh games that when the mood takes me I might be able to go back to

It was the opposite for me.

Fuck off mate, that game was fun.

Strangely the other way around for me. High score on JetPack? Pretty easy. Beat Donkey Kong with 1 life? Obscenely hard.

...What are you talking about? the fuck does mario64 has to do with anything i said?

It was never as good as the other Rare collect a thons, but it's okay. I don't think it's aged as gracefully as the Banjo games

Despite having flaws, its quite enjoyable. I find it more memorable than BK or BT.

don't be jealous

Attached: brain balls.jpg (480x480, 19K)

I do too, maybe a tie between Tooie since that was such a great upgrade to Kazooie.
To me, the fact that you had FIVE playable characters, each with their own specific moves and upgrades, as well as sharing their own guns and instruments and bosses made it extremely memorable.

Especially since the generation after focused more on games where other characters were specific gimmicks only like that one Spyro game and the Sly Cooper series.

What were people spamming out of curiosity?

probably anontalk or something

>if you move away from him you can see him wipe his brow in the background

The animation for the show was incredibly shitty, but it was pretty hilarious

Attached: big load.gif (336x206, 762K)

I struggled on DK. I used to rent the game cause my local would do $1 weekly rentals on games on certain days, and I used to rent shit for a week and clear it, so it was cheaper for my parents than to buy a new game all the time. So I rented DK64 one week, got up to the arcade 5 days in or so.

You wanna know how long it took me to clear that fucking stage? Enough that I blew 20 bucks renting that fucker week in week out just to beat that fucking arcade game.

I love this one. DK Isle theme and it's remixes are serene and the minigames are fun. Beaver Bother is my favorite one to play. I get to play as a Klaptrap and jump galore. Gloomy Galleon is the only one that is bothersome upon replaying the game. Crystal Caves and Frantic Factory are the most fun to explore.
Lanky rocks.

It was shit when it came out, Donkey Kong Country was shit when it came out, and the only reason they were "successful" is Nintendo had started viral marketing style over substance shit games to new gamers at the time who didn't know shit about what made a game actually good, combined with Sony creating an entire generation of pseudo-gamers that caused the modern clusterfuck of bullshit bad games.

Still butthurt after all these years, huh Miyamoto?

It was a lot of backtracking like in Tooie but you had to manage 5 characters.
Beating the original Donkey Kong was annoying as well.

You mean the ZX spectrum game? just go for the treasure bruh.

I liked it as a kid, replayed in my late teens and had the same thoughts as these ecelebs. The game would benefit from being able to switch Kongs anywhere and each Kong moving at least 1.5 times faster.

lol

DK64 is even worse about that stuff though.

>Still believing misinformed rumors

I like the look of it. I like the exaggerated humor. I like Kirkhope's bombastic sounds. It's fun to hop on platforms. The one thing I don't like: backtracking. There's too much barren ground to cover. DK and the gang should have another go but with more disciplined map designs that are better connected.

Autists have a hard time recognizing enjoyable pacing, which this game is atrocious at.