Is this the most underrated game of all time? All criticism of it is extremely hyperbolic...

Is this the most underrated game of all time? All criticism of it is extremely hyperbolic. It's a decent game with a shit launch, it's nothing to go frothing at the mouth over.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6rW52ajkrZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ALYrY3cboYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vvOm2m-1wfw
youtube.com/watch?v=OQMkltPglzc
youtube.com/watch?v=twoOZHLFpiY
youtube.com/watch?v=PaWDaoXXBnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not fun.

I think some characters (Urien, Laura, G, Akuma, Juri, Guile, Kolin, Bison, Sagat, Zeku, Balrog) are pretty fun.

FPBP

Attached: 1562216993432.jpg (623x848, 336K)

Game is like rock em sock em robots, just pressing buttons up close in each others faces until a random person wins. Not fun to play or watch and it's declining viewership and playerbase proves this. Not to mention the constant PR fuckups that just make it harder for people to defend this game. You got so many other options now to play fighting games that are all better than SFV, no reason to cling onto it.

Attached: chad_pheonix.png (1080x1331, 574K)

As a game it's serviceable. Capcom's jewish tactics are a turnoff for me though. You'd have more fun playing fightcade for free. I might consider getting it when Capcom inevitably releases the ultra version with all the dlcs

Attached: AAEE67DA-CB78-4F63-8954-BA580DD93AD6.jpg (210x240, 7K)

t. capcom activist

>boring visuals
>most characters look like shit
>F2P microtransactions in a $60 game
>basically got rid of ability to earn dlc characters
>added fucking lootboxes
>bland music besides rashids theme
>most v triggers suck
>crush counter
>in game ads

This game deserves all the hate it gets and more

Fuck off

>Game is like rock em sock em robots, just pressing buttons up close in each others faces until a random person wins.
You've got no clue what you're talking about

E HONDA muh fuh! Finally!

>You got so many other options now to play fighting games that are all better than SFV, no reason to cling onto it.
Every fighting game is flawed. One of the best reasons to play SFV is just that it's relatively accessible. No retarded pressure that makes you block for thirty seconds, no insanely hard BnBs (well maybe on two characters), ranked is populated and does a decent job at pairing you up with people of the same skill level, and annoying bullshit is relatively toned down.

90% of people who talk about fighting games on Yea Forums aren't good at them/don't play them, and those people have every reason to love SFV

>basically got rid of ability to earn dlc characters

seriously wtf was that, they cut down the sources of fight money TWICE, fucking jews.

I don't really think it's "bad" anymore, just boring to me. They fixed a lot of the really big issues a while ago.

You forgot:

>god awful story modes
>god awful survival mode
>BASIC COLORS are dlc
>costume dlc up the ass everywhere
>shitty netcode in a game prioritizing online multiplayer
>cross platform play is so busted it shouldn't even be there

Guilty Gear, Tekken, Soulcalibur, DBZ...there are so many other fighters to choose from that have active communities, I don't see any point in playing this game. The only game that's worse than SF5 is any NRS game.

>boring visuals
It really has a pretty distinct clay esque art style, with big hands and feet to make strikes stick out more. Plus animations are pretty crisp outside of a couple characters. When Bison gets a crush counter with stand HK you feel it.
Most characters do not look like shit, only a handful do.
Capcom's monetary policy is relatively benign. Arcsys charges the price of a full game for two characters and a balance update every year, Tekken charges for virtually unchanged legacy characters chock full of fifteen year old animations (plus all the same cosmetic shit that SFV does), etc. Up until AE it was also easy as fuck to earn fight money, so anybody who played the game consistently has like a billion zennies by now.
Lootboxes don't matter unless you care about half assed costumes.
>bland music
Fuck off.
youtube.com/watch?v=6rW52ajkrZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ALYrY3cboYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vvOm2m-1wfw
youtube.com/watch?v=OQMkltPglzc
youtube.com/watch?v=twoOZHLFpiY
youtube.com/watch?v=PaWDaoXXBnQ
SFV music is overall quite great

There are a lot of samey V Triggers that are just like "upgraded special", but there are a fair number of cool and interesting ones like Juri's VT1, Cody's V Triggers, Menat's V Triggers, Blanka's VT2, etc.

>crush counter
Bad but bearable. These have been nerfed consistently since the game came out

>in game ads
Doesn't matter at all.

>This game deserves all the hate it gets and more
It doesn't. You probably haven't played it for more than five hours, or you're just dumb and conformist.

Why wouldn't they? It doesn't make any sense for fight money to be as common now as it was back then.

It was broken at first. They want to make money cumbrain, they're a for profit company

I could probably have stood to tolerate the game if it weren't for capcoms insistence on taking existing playstyles and ruining them.

Attached: 1564253249134.jpg (364x269, 11K)

Examples?

blacked and pilled red

Netcode is so bad that it's unplayable and it actually favors the worse connection-- the other person has to deal with teleporting. It's horrendous.

>bison
>vega
>juri
>dhalsim

Those are just the most extreme examples. Pretty much everyone has in some capacity been beaten over the head with the linear rushdown stick. I'm convinced the only reason they haven't added makoto yet is because she already plays like an SFV character so they don't know how to ruin her.

its a shitty game for cumbrains

Attached: 1564448829882.jpg (1200x1043, 348K)

Don't forget Blanka!

>not being able to make one solid defense about SFV besides "hurr it's bearable"
>Uhhhh it's not bad when you compare it to xyz

Nigga I didn't even bring up any other fighting game because I don't care. I'm only talking about SFV, the fucking game the thread is about. Also shit compared to other shit is still shit asshole.

SFV is a seriously flawed, slow paced fighter that should die.

Jesus Christ Capcom fanboys are intolerable.

You don't know how to play fighting games.

>>in game ads
>Doesn't matter at all.
Holy fucking shit blow your own fucking brains out.

>bison
Bison's brand of slow, tank like pressure is genuinely somewhat unique.

>Vega
Fair. I get your point though, both Vega and Bison were characters who chipped away at you in neutral with good walk speed and great normals, and now there are no characters like that.

>Juri
Juri is more harassment than rushdown. Imo she actually might be a more interesting character than she was as a gimmicky zoner in SFIV.

>Dhalsim
True.

I would still say SFV has much more character diversity than a lot of its much more favorably regarded competitors (Tekken, DBFZ, Guilty Gear).

I love how it's still the most played fighting game by far and people (that don't play fighting games and parrot popular opinions) will talk shit about it.

Attached: file.png (1253x1280, 998K)

>i deserve free dlc characters
>if something has a flaw and you admit it then it's shit and i win the internet argument
Retard

It really doesn't. It looks dumb but nobody puts them on their character unless they're a troll.

>I would still say SFV has much more character diversity than a lot of its much more favorably regarded competitors

I'm not talking about them I'm talking about street fighter. This is coming off the game with the greatest variety of playstyles remember?

it's not as bad as people make it out to be but it's definitely not that good either. I just don't know what other 2d fighter you'd be playing if it wasn't sfv, everything else is either kusoge or dead as fuck. it's the best option for competitive players that don't like 3D, but I think it's dogshit for casual players

street fighter x tekken was underrated
street fighter v is shit

>street fighter x tekken was underrated
Yeah.
>street fighter v is shit
Nah.

>or dead as fuck.

People severely underestimate what they are seeing when they see shit like "200 people online", that's 200 people to play against at any time, would you say that your locals are dead if they had those numbers?

>bland music besides rashids theme
Music is like the one thing that SFV has been pretty good with. Hell, the new music in the evo reveal trailers sounds great.

smash is far more popular than it though, especially when you consider the fact that it actually has a playerbase

There is so much factually wrong here

>big hands and feet
Great. Just like literally every other 2D fighter.
>Arcsys charges the price of a full game for two characters and balance update every year
They haven't done that since BB CS extend, even then it was after the first CS was out for 2 years. Every Blazblue since has been its own game with unique mechanics.
>Tekken charges for virtually unchanged legacy characters chock full of fifteen year old animations
Saying that the recent Tekken characters are unchanged is a blatant lie. also guess who the newest sf characters are? Legacy characters. Most of the animations in Tekken haven't changed because they're all motion captured. There's no reason to capture a guy doing kings giant swing every new Tekken when it's going to look exactly the same.
>plus all the same cosmetic shit that SFV does
Absolutely false. Tekken has a customization mode with hundreds of clothing pieces. Only ones that were charged were Ling and Alisa's school outfits. Everything else added in an update is free. Also every time you buy a character you get 3-4 costumes for them too, unlike buying a character in SFV.

Eat shit

I mean you're right, SFIV has more character diversity than SFV. That isn't good reason to hate SFV in particular while you love DBFZ though

It's boring, but I'd play it if the netcode was less shitty.

The biggest problem with SFV is the lack of variable playstyles and creative touch. The roster is getting massive, but the variety is among the worst in the franchise. There is such little deviation between characters that it starts to remind me of a lot of anime games, or even something as homogenized as FighterZ. Even the new upcoming characters all look like they play the same as characters we already have.

This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so clearly forced too. Vega, Juri, and many others were actually unique in previous games but redesigned to follow the same generic playstyle in SFV. There is character variety to an extent, but nowhere near as much as IV which allowed for so much variety in playstyles, even within the same character.

Attached: 12769639_1124788207531221_47214529_n.jpg (719x590, 39K)

200 people is nothing in a genre where connection stability matters and it's impossible to play across regions, especially if you're new to the game or the genre and you're stuck playing against the same 20 autists from your region that already have 3k hours. playing against the same people every day not only gets boring but it's bad for your growth as a player, eventually you learn how to play against individual people instead of learning the game. 200 people is fine if you're already into the game but it's pretty deterring if you're not, I personally wouldn't bother learning a game if I had to join a discord and hope someone's in my region and hope we don't have conflicting schedules.

The hatebase this game has is one of the purest forms of modern day autism you can find. They will never tire of regurgitating the same tired points repeatedly at every opportunity while measurably having no effect on anyone's opinion or the game's overall success.

>while you love DBFZ though

What kind of weird strawman is this?

>Vega, Juri, and many others were actually unique in previous games but redesigned to follow the same generic playstyle in SFV
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I said SFV is the most played fighting game. Smash isn't a fighting game dude. It's more akin to pic related.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 48K)

Juri was practically an arcsys character in an SF game. Sorta footsies game mid screen, but if she gets you into the corner she will fucking kill you, and that's even before activating ultra 1.

>They haven't done that since BB CS extend, even then it was after the first CS was out for 2 years. Every Blazblue since has been its own game with unique mechanics.
I haven't been keeping tabs on it for the last couple of years desu, ArcSys definitely had really shit monetary practices when I was playing their games though.

>Saying that the recent Tekken characters are unchanged is a blatant lie.
Ooohhh tweak frame data and give a character with 200 moves 20 more. How exciting.

To SFV's credit it substantially redesigns a lot of character's movesets, sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better. That's called bravery and creative freedom, things dumb button mashing Tekkeks could never understand.

>Tekken has a customization mode with hundreds of clothing pieces.
Okay you are right about this but still, Tekken is a terrible game for autists who memorize how to fuzzy block 300 different auto mix up strings. Besides, I don't get why cumbrains get angry when they can't afford all the Chun Li costumes.

>That's called bravery and creative freedom

Do you write for buzzfeed?

>actually has a playerbase hehe kek
holy shit dude nice cope

Attached: 1564411267891.jpg (1400x1200, 205K)

>bland music
CHEMICAL CATALYST RATTLING EVER HAZARDOUS

what do we think of kolin?

Attached: 1546252605911.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

I like her

no, it's shit

t. never played a streetfighter game in his life

No frothing necessary. I haven't played it in over two months anyway, and after the botched Evo announcement, I'm probably gonna sell the disc for a lunch.

I rather play fighting ex layer

FIX HER FACE

I don't play bad fighting games. Revenge mechanics make fighting games bad.

what is there to fix?

Attached: 1557959986536.png (640x940, 1.21M)

smash isn't a fighting game. take a shower, we can smell you from here.

Attached: bar-soap-liquid-soap-16x9.jpg (3850x2165, 683K)

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Everything.
>office uniform
>no stockings

Its the most boring SF ever made because of the gay ass -2/+2 shit. I'm a huge competitive try hard but a fun game comes first.

>Its the most boring SF ever made because of the gay ass -2/+2 shit
I agree that this is a huge fuck up. Frame advantage should be more dependent on spacing with special moves, otherwise it's braindead coin flipping

her ugly goddamn fucking face you stupid fuck

>underrated
>literally gets shoved in your face at every opportunity and shilled by retards like OP on a regular basis
the worst iteration of street fighter ever made and for a lot of people their first street fighter game, I pity them.

ASW absolutely did that with GG Xrd.

It's not a bad game by any stretch. It's even better than absolute shit like Alpha 3, Alpha 1, and others. Visually I think is mostly good but it has a few fuck-ups either in the CS or win poses. Music is fucking fantastic, the CFN is a great idea, netcode can be incredibly infuriating though. SFV is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, there are glaring flaws like certain character's having shit v-triggers, v-skills, v-reversals, normales or any combination of them while others can be way too good like Akuma or Rashid. I honestly believe people heavily downplay the bullshit of previous SF games and many simply don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

A lot of those complains apply to the games you listed.
>god awful story modes
T7, DBFZ
>god awful survival mode
T7, DBFZ
>BASIC COLORS are dlc
This is SFV's own bullshit
>costume dlc up the ass everywhere
T7 also has some of this, but SFV is worse. SFV does have a whole lot of shit when it comes to cosmetics, that said just as I fucking hate that bullshit in SFV. I despise the idea of buying different versions, Guilty Gear, SFIV, UNI all are guilty of this fucking bullshit.
>shitty netcode in a game prioritizing online multiplayer.
All of the games you listed have fucking awful delay netcode. 99% of the games in the genre have fucking awful netcode. Killer Instinct, TFH, Skullgirls and NRS shit are the only ones with good netcode.
>cross platform play is so busted it shouldn't even be there.
I think cross-platform is a net positive, and if you don't like it then there's the option to only get paired against people on your platform.

>nice cope
No one online in Under-Night. Literally no one unless you use discord

yeah in under night but in street fighter? please

Attached: 1530433180536.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

this, there are characters that are more fun than others but there's always just one way to play them, with not many ways to really tell "your" akuma (for example) from someone elses.

And even then I accept the game's simplicity, I just can't deal with the shitty netcode and infrastructure. With no way to filter foreigners in matchmaking, it just isn't fun playing against teleporting South Americans and Canadians all day. Yes even when you filter to "5 bar" connections only.

Attached: 1559090913215.jpg (320x343, 23K)

The changes from Sign to Revelator were mayors tho.
>6 new characters (8 if you didn't buy Elphelt and Leo on Sign)
>new moves
>Burst can be charge a Overtune
>There is now a Focus Attack
>4 hours of new story mode fully voiced and mostly animated with a new soundtrack
>new mechanics
Revelator from Rev 2 were $20 dls as DLC or $40 as standalone and were 2 new characters, 30 minutes of new stories and changes in the visuals, new moves and more adjustment.

I still fucking despise it, man. Especially when you also had to buy Revelator if you had SIGN. I don't really like being negative, so I concede that it was a good update, albeit with some fucking bullshit too. I'm also thankful that they buffed Baiken in 2.1. Also, I didn't mention SCVI because I haven't played it yet.

The game doesn't feel rewarding to improve in because it's not complex enough.