Truly, what was he fighting for?

Attached: Zero.jpg (618x346, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kvDh-v1WuRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those he believes in

Megaman zero 4 gives you the answer.

booty

Zero is one of the most satisfying character arcs in the franchise and in vidya.
>But he stole X's spotlight!
I don't care

Attached: 9ebjWU6.jpg (310x360, 59K)

Robopussy.

He really did steal X's thunder like super fucking hard

>Like, hey X, you know how you woke up in a tube mysteriously? Well I basically did a way cooler version of that. Actually I'm basically you but cooler in every way. Alternate armors? Yeah, they're nice I guess. I've got a beam sword tho. You know how much bitches love beam swords tho.

Wasn't X supposed to BE Zero originally? I guess it had to happen this way. Without brand recognition, the series might have never taken off. But damn, even Knuckles and Shadow didn't upstage Sonic this badly.

Is there any Canon media that describes how "human" reploids are?

To circumvent a potential Maverick uprising, I'm not sure why Japan always overcomplicates questions to matters it has made simple.
Yes I know the Repliforce were not out and out Mavericks, yes I know it was a setup, but the point remains the Maverick Hunters only were made to intervene because they simply didn't cooperate.

Hence Zero is sent in, end of story.
The same applies with Otacon's howling in MGS, Snake is there killing Foxhound because they're trying to nuke people and start WW3. Yes I know these questions are usually at points of confusion and emotional distress, but it'd be more sensible to have stopped at "this can't be happening", maybe throw out a Vader "NO!" or something.

In X, sure, I feel things got really fuzzy in Z.
And his final words about not being a hero and just eliminating an enemy were a real mixed message.
True enough he was made as just a killing machine, it can be said he lost all sense of good or bad after the Iris incident and likely let go of trying to hold on to too much of a sense of self after seeing Omega in his body before having to destroy it, but what the fuck? Wasn't the entire point of Z how he's going to do heroic things even when uncertain who he is? Wasn't the point he'll save lives and spare Reploids even at risk to his own because he wants to do the heroic thing X expects? What the shit was that line?
All he had to tell Weil after his bragging about being slightly human and Reploid law, was that "You are human, but I'm NOT a Reploid".

Simple as that. Even in a new shell, Zero's AI or whatever is a unique design of Wily's, by design it (he) never had to follow the laws of robotics or feel at conflict with violating them.

Weil had no actual deterrent or argument. There was no need to argue his character after all this time. So I'mma have to dock off a few points for that bookend and other issues with his characterization in the Z series and go with a 7.5/10 within the franchise alone.

Attached: 1524011481074.png (746x458, 39K)

At least they used copy X instead of the real X, imagine killing the real X in zero 1, faerie X was better than that

>faerie
Oh shit i mean elf X

>Wasn't the entire point of Z how he's going to do heroic things even when uncertain who he is?
No? Nowhere in the game is it implied that he's doing it to be "a hero". He does it because he has a job to finish and owes it o C.

>What the shit was that line?
I think the idea is that Zero never did anything out of his own beliefs, he just does what people he trusts tell him is the right thing. He considers X and Ciel to be true heroes because they're the ones thinking ahead about the good of everyone, Zero is just there to get his hands dirty so they don't have to.
His sense of right and wrong doesn't go beyond "protect the people I like".

Attached: I have always only fought for the people I believe in.png (1280x262, 122K)

That's laid out pretty clearly in Zero 1. Ciel explains the problems of the new world and Zero just straight up and says "So this guy needs to fucking die? EZPZ".
I don't know what Hungarian translation that user was playing, but Zero was hardly the heroic type in the Zero games. In his actions? From a certain point of view, sure. But he was always a fighter first, leader second. It's why he declined leading the resistance when he returned after the events of Zero 2. He's better at following orders than giving them out.

Attached: 7YD7lz1.jpg (642x570, 103K)

He had Ciel and X to act as his guiding lights for a while. But who did he have guide him in between his awakening and X1?
He seemed like a sort of distant superior to X in X1 they weren't full bros yet.
X wasn't sure enough of himself to be one doing the guiding.
So was he following Sigma or Cain at first?

THE MEMES, JACK!

>He seemed like a sort of distant superior to X
That's not implied in the English or Japanese script. The only difference is the clear power gap between X and Zero at the start of the game. Otherwise, he treats X like a fellow comrade in the middle of a war. He doesn't even give X any orders outside of splitting up at Sigma's base.

This comes to mind, guess he wanted to keep X's dream alive after he became one with cyberspace

youtu.be/kvDh-v1WuRE

Attached: 1549675241971.png (580x520, 105K)

That was the original plan though.

Attached: 69779892_p0.png (1000x631, 1.13M)

>So was he following Sigma or Cain at first?
I think he was just following the general consensus. Mavericks bad, maverick hunters good.
Then Sigma went mad and X became his moral anchor. And presumably Iris behind the scenes until her death.

>And presumably Iris behind the scenes until her death.
Iris didn't come in until Xtreme 2, which is between X3 and X4. She wasn't there too long.

Yeah I dont really feel like fighting right now

Attached: image.png (1349x1432, 38K)

I genuinely am grateful to the existence of X6 on the off chance it helped avert that path from coming to pass.
The Shadow and Blade armors are cool too so that's a bonus.

First he thought it was portecting the humans, then it was the rights of robots against human oppression. then it turned out it was more getting the two to stop hating eachother.

bump, a regular Megaman thread for once

Zero is a disaster that just got barely averted by of all people Capcom. On top of being dicked out of his series (twice) they shoveled him off to another dev team to be killed unceremoniously as a despot and it literally took Capcom of all people to talk them out of it.

Zero 4 is kind of like an apology of sorts. Not only is it the most liek X in style the whole thing is like a commentary on how Zero's birth shoved a spanner in the world that keeps creating notSigmas like Craft and Weil and Zero is just like "No fuck that this stops now".

this, zero is so great they have to revive him multiple times, create an entire series for him, fucking separate from him his evil side so X doesnt have to kill him AND make him kill it himself THEN die as a hero and have the next generation of power rangers be just a rip off from him.
The absolutelly most based character in megaman, fact.

probably following sigma, would make sense.

why didn't they just rebuild Iris

Her and Colonel were kind of built in synch, as an attempt to create a reploid with X's compassion and combat power.
Anyways she was the compassion side, and when she fought zero the thing she was holding were Colonel's remains.
She plugged them into herself and basically fried herself out while fighting zero suicidal.
tl;dr
Damaged beyond repair.

The question blonde r e p l o i d s weilding green swords everywhere ask themselves while their bodycount rises.

Zero was great, the only real issue was that they should have kept the Megaman X-3 system where he could be switched in and out at any time but the game pushed you not to rely on him or let him die.
That way you can have him in every game, not have him overshadow X too much and still have him be relevant.

There was no time for him to try and recover her body from the space station before the fight with Sigma and its subsequent destruction. If your computer fucking blows up there's no way to try and recover any data from its drives.

>what the shit was that line?
everyone throughout the games calls him a hero, and weil mocks him for it. the line is zero's (accurate) rebuttal. it's essentially a very badass example of "you said it, not me"

Reploids are basically humanoid androids so it makes sense that why Ciel came to be

that does make a lot of sense
I was just thinking of it in reference to Zero and how he's quite literally blown up several times and they still managed to repair him tenfold

Ciel's just a designer baby.
They had Reploid on human romances a few times by the zero series.
Didn't go into the biology aspects but by the time of ZX everyone's a cyborg so the gap between them is even more blurred.
Just imagine the line blurrs more and more until Legends where you essentially have the carbons replace humanity and basically be completely organic at first appearance but still capable of effortlessly accepting robotic implants and enhancements.

Attached: somephonefilename.png (1200x2400, 114K)

There are still reploid in the ZX series. They have triangles on their foreheads.

Just meant everyone as in all the humans.
They even have cyber elves IIRC so the line is very vague.
Wonder how they even age during the series considering not even their skin is real anymore.

Their artificial skin is still designed to age. The general tradeoff in the human/reploid merge was humans got the superior physical capabilities of reploids but lost evolutionary potential. Reploids gained the ability to reproduce, but lost their robotic immortality.

Anons have given me references that illustrate I read Zero wrong, and you've provided a new way to read it as a retort and not necessarily a reflection of himself, but I still feel myself chaffing at it.

Ever since we learned his origin I saw Zero's defiance of Sigma and Wily's expectations, sacrificing himself against Sigma's efforts instead of choosing to spare himself to fight another day as a soldier and sealing himself to prevent turning on his allies all as heroic traits in of themselves. Not things he was told by or needed to do for someone else.

I really just felt like his last words in life should be proudly and bluntly how he's glad to disappoint those like Weil of his own free will, given where theirs has lead them.

The power of friendship driving us is a good sentiment too, but I always just felt Zero's story was building to a powerful message of self-actualization of one's greatest good becoming useful to others, not just one's usefulness to others "allowing" them to happen to be good.

I never saw Zero as a leader, but I just never saw him as simply fighting and following along because someone like X is leading, that sounded like Phantom's philosophy.

But I'll concede, my expectations on where Zero's story was leading clearly doesn't equate to the where it was intended.

Attached: 1524023714716.jpg (897x768, 258K)

Fuck you

Higurashi-Zero is best

He was fighting for robocunny.

clearly it was Doctor Wawee

Iwamoto has an 80s mecha pilot look.

KERNEL

His right to party.

oh...

Attached: oh.jpg (477x262, 15K)

You're seeing Zero as a hero doing heroic things for the sake of the greater good, but he's not. He's a lot more fleshed out in the Zero series (obviously) and in the supplemental material such as the drama tracks, you get to see more of him and his inner thoughts. He's a product of war, he's good at it and he knows that's all that he will ever be. What he does is not out of some moral obligation or upholding some code. He is not a hero, he is a tool. A tool that is willing to be used for those he believes in. He makes that very clear in all of the Zero games, so I'm not sure how you got that interpretation.

Attached: 1swyyfwo1_250.png (160x144, 3K)

Attached: layer.jpg (600x800, 218K)