Spooky Daggerfall Thread

How about we have a Daggerfall thread? We definitely never have Daggerfall threads, so let's have a Daggerfall thread.

dfworkshop.net/

Attached: alpha-image-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1612
youtube.com/watch?v=kr27ZBUsdXI
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=b902f51919eaf1e7acdfd71d568e2479
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zpCtCWBr8
images.uesp.net/f/f8/WomenFall.zip
mega.nz/#!Zk9D1LjJ!AOVGiYNhYQ4dxQ7Jk6xWmEg7AP9hGF2BB_6eKj_CtCo
images.uesp.net/c/c3/ClothesFall.zip
images.uesp.net/9/9c/ArmorFall.zip
images.uesp.net/0/04/WeaponsFall.zip
mega.nz/#!cwNx2RLJ!VuVGtQ_y8BtEE0fxnDQPFz0OXfL14Vietj2omDoyc20
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=22
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:High_Elf
mega.nz/#!XnR3zIBb!PxjRqf2aiU_pFyNiMP8L-k5XUXB_BMB9nVBm3hOfKDk
youtube.com/watch?v=uybzeitUAUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Attached: Tod Howard.jpg (1495x2118, 980K)

The Dragontail Mountains is the most aesthetic region

Attached: C9E10D09-1930-437A-9A75-B9A38DD6CD85.jpg (640x303, 14K)

I want to give Daggerfall another try, any suggestions? I played it but never got too far.

The world just feels as big as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. Lots of copy pasted and randomly generated houses/dungeons that all look exactly the same without many interesting landmarks or quests.

A potential future OP image

Attached: EAE8885C-13AD-4DE5-B34D-70C9983A4B7A.jpg (640x360, 35K)

>Unity engine

I guess this isn't toaster friendly then

be careful linking to the old thread

Attached: Andre_Panic.gif (255x191, 1.9M)

Its deeper than people give it credit for simply because of the gameplay mechanics available and the variety of options for character building

>pick archery
>win
lmao

Maybe try a magic type character so you can have fun with the magic system

FUCK Zombies

i saw u last thread u aint sneaky

But hes right
The game isn't random like Minecraft, its the same for everyone and things like cities/dungeons were all placed on the map by hand

>you feel somewhat bad

Attached: 1549430161952.jpg (420x401, 40K)

not mine but reposting from last thread

Attached: 1564710020041.png (1204x754, 923K)

gonna try the extreme texture pack with only 8gigs of ram

Attached: 5.jpg (268x265, 122K)

I want Queen Aubk-i to smother me with her thighs while her battlemages keep me foreverally paralyzed

Attached: 9B4F9722-C025-425A-A4A0-997307AA5F36.png (200x200, 69K)

What I usually do when I make a new character is pick a temple, look up what regions worship it, and then go to one of the smallest ones. Then I ask around for "nearest temple" from the people until I find one in a small village with at least an inn and and a pawnbroker and make that my home base for my first 10 levels, just doing the Temple and Merchant quests as I familiarize myself with the area. It's comfy to just make a tiny little home for myself in this huge world. I'm not going to lie and say it takes no imagination to make up for the fact that, in practice you really are just doing the same thing over and over, but I find Daggerfall so immersive that it makes that easy for me as I think about my character's place in the world and my long term plans for factions and the main quest.

Though just a word of warning: not sure if Unity fixes it but I rarely had a problem where a quest would break because it was looking for a specific type of building that happened to not exist at all in my chosen region. This didn't happen too often and when it does the only consequence is a single failed quest so it's not a huge deal.

You’re able to buy homes right? How does that work, what it involve, stuff like that. Just curious, I’ve done all the housing stuff in the other games.

Does this new unity version fix a lot of bugs or am I better off with the classic game with an unofficial bug patch or somethin?

I do something similar
I like to pick a region as my home base, usually the capital city or some far away region so I have access to all the guilds

Houses are super expensive so start saving up or take out a mortgage from your local bank
Unity vers is a direct upgrade, especially since you can make it look and feel exactly like classic if you desire.

I don't think I've ever done merchant quests. Is it like the guild where you can ask for quests or do they just give'em out some of the time?

Any town with a bank also has homes for sale. You visit the bank and it gives you a list of homes, and clicking one shows you a mini model of its exterior. It's kind of unwieldy since you don't know exactly where the homes are unless you go around looking for all the "House for sale" buildings and match it up to the model, but when you do buy one it's marked on your map as "'s House"

There's a large variety of houses and they're all pretty expensive. Owning one gives you a place to sleep for free and drop your stuff without it despawning. But it's strictly an RP feature because you can also buy a Boat which is the exact same thing with the exact same benefits except it's cheaper and you can teleport back and forth from it instantly with the travel menu.
Honestly boats feel like cheats to me so I just buy them to make fast travel by sea free and follow a self-imposed rule to never use them as a house.

Smooth HD map of daggerfall

Attached: 1424DF6C-4115-4529-93E1-3B40BDE99D02.jpg (640x400, 30K)

>try to use forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1612
>actually crashes framerate and makes the game laggy as hell
that's a shame, I liked the cheesy 90s CG look of them

They give them out randomly when you talk to them. If you ask around for work NPCs will tell you who is offering quests in the current town, if any. DFU may or may not have "fixed" it (not sure if it's considered a bug) but if you choose to just "Talk" to a faction's questgiver instead of clicking "Get Quest" they can give you a quest from the merchant pool, but you get real faction rep when you complete it instead of Merchants rep.

>640x400
um alright

This is awesome. Tell me all the cool comfy RP shit you can do in this game, everything from the bank system like that to simply writing a bio for your class like in morrowind. This kind of shit makes me so hard

What kind of things do you get with a high merchant rep?

Wait you can buy a boat and use it as a house? My khajiit pirate fantasy can finally come true?

>clothing options out of the box already just as good as the skimpy armor mods from other TES games

Attached: source.gif (320x240, 1.08M)

Can’t you go to some random district, take out a massive loan, and just never return again with no consequence in the rest of the province?

You can drop your stuff in your room? How does that work exactly? I remember having to looks up what containers and such would despawn your items in the other games.
Thank you so much for your wisdom by the way

>He's been abusing the same sales pitches his whole life, even while the games themselves wither and die

what do these numbers around my character mean?

Attached: file.png (1359x767, 252K)

armor rating

Yea
The game even tracks your reputation for the high seas which counts as a province for some reason
For the moment yea but Interkarma wants to add the option for banks to higher bounty hunters on you if you fuck off with all their money

Attached: A831B98C-9D8B-4164-96D4-E1E55D86DECD.jpg (1578x846, 860K)

>tfw

Attached: 1749751348561.png (843x1028, 111K)

how do i fast travel?
just got out of the tutorial dungeon and i guess i didn't get the tutorial on how to fast travel
I know the key is "v" but how do i find daggerfall?

The handy find button

>V
Select Daggerfall Province
Click “Find”
Type “Daggerfall”
Then go

Or just walk

This game is broken shit. Why would anyone in their right mind play this when there are so many better rpgs. Even with the updates.

Higher merchant rep unlocks new quests in the merchant pool, just like faction rep does for faction quests. Pretty sure it means better deals when buying and selling too. The rep is global rather than regional so doing quests for one merchant improves your standing with all merchants in the game, and "merchants" is a very general term applying to all innkeepers, pawn brokers, booksellers, armorers, clothiers, etc.

Yeah, and in vanilla Daggerfall there's actually no consequence whatsoever to not repaying a loan, even in the very province, town, and bank you took it from. The only thing repaying a loan does is allow you to take another loan from the same region, and no matter how long you wait no interest will accumulate and there will not even be a reputation penalty. I tested that extensively in both the 1.0 and fully patched version of the game and it really is just free money with no strings attached. This is almost certainly a bug and I'm willing to bet DFU fixed that. The max amount you can borrow is based on your character level.

Young can still borrow a ton of money but you suffer MAJOR reputation hits for the region if you default on your loan and pretty much can never return if you dont pay

Can i finally have sex?

where can I find the archer's guild?

Excellent. Daggerfall Unity really is the definitive way to play the game now.

It is
There is no real advantage to original unless you want the “real” horribly buggy broken savegame experience
You can even make the Unity version look and play exactly like classic if you want to.

Does it have the option to make the game literally unplayable after you generate too much terrain?

The Dark Brotherhood, Fighters Guild, and temples of Kynareth and Mara all have Archery as guild skills. There's not a dedicated archer's guild.

>all these threads since alpha
>meanwhile Julian LeFay talking about getting into gaming again

Attached: 1563750242056.jpg (512x512, 15K)

t. zoomer

what thE FUCKKK

Attached: file.png (1357x754, 1.13M)

so i got into daggerfall and sold all my shit
what now

You dont “generate” terrain like Minecraft
The terrain is already all there and always the same

That bottom right corner area looks comfy

>You dont “generate” terrain like Minecraft

Every square inch is not in the game files, it's seeded then the game generates it from it. So if you want to be pedantic it's a little bit of both.

Find a guild.
Go wandering and check out all the ruins and towns and shrines and whatever the fuck.
Read that letter you got handed when you arrived in Daggerfall.

Well yeah the heightmap is a much lower resolution than the actual polygons of the terrain but didn't it use a deterministic noise filter to generate the rest of it?

The amount of clothing options in this game is nuts.

Did you get a letter from the emperor's slut yet?

Suck dick until you can afford a boat

Looks like shit. Skyrims most boring areas have more soul

no letter yet, maybe i havet o spend a whole day there

Hang around until you get a letter then meet the imperial agent woman at the tavern she mentions
After that do whatever, travel around the bay, visit graveyards, do quests
There IS a time limit to start the main quest, but afterwards there is no limit

That's basically what seeding is. You have an algorithm that figures out terrain based on variable. Then you save the variables, and only run the algorithm when it comes time to use those variables.

Big game world with nothing in it... even Skyrim has more stuff to do

Shilling for a shit old game. Waste of trips. Sad!

Too bad they're shite graphics
Look

This.
t. plays shitty games

how do I climb houses with roofs?

Attached: file.png (1359x767, 1.09M)

>do quests
How do you even get quests?
Is there a tabloid or something?

Attached: spooked.gif (712x600, 56K)

Samefag

Attached: 3e36564de0482f88fb52e76012aba96f.png (598x533, 306K)

Too bad it's shit graphics

t. plays a shit old game and makes 50 threads of it.
Cope and eethe and have sex incel

>climb
>get teleport 400 feet into the air
>die

Attached: file.png (1359x767, 1.38M)

You realize you’re bumping the thread and sending it back to page 1 every time you post in it?

Reminder to report and sage these threads until they're moved to /vg/. Along with New Vegas threads. Yea Forums is and has always been a Nintendo board. Smash threads matter more than shit games from the 90s
SAGE IN ALL FIELDS

low tier bait

If you "USE" capes, it changes the way they look on your character.

He's literally not lying here, it's a direct contrast from Arena where everything was randomly generated outside of towns and would be different for each character. Gothway Garden will always be Gothway Garden.

Im not sure how I feel about the dream textures.

Attached: magic tots.gif (432x528, 207K)

This made me kek

In my unpatched copy of the game (I didn't have internet) Lysandus' minions would, according to log messages, die after I ran away from them. There was no infighting in the game (mods have added it) so what's up with that? Was the game terminating them to save memory - if so why the notification?

How the fuck did I not know about this?

Attached: 1537479336601.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Which regions are good candidates for ostracizing yourself from in an emergency?

>You realize you’re bumping the thread and sending it back to page 1 every time you post in it?

Has sage been removed?

>tfw when got a magic pink lointcloth

Samefag. No way someone dis dumb

Attached: 1527897894188.jpg (191x214, 8K)

Its just one of those small things that arn't mentioned anywhere. (good job Todd)

Attached: 23432211.png (640x480, 75K)

Pretty sure samefag got banned. Good work mods/jannies.

Attached: 1486708987391.jpg (258x211, 7K)

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
A
G
E

Sorry bro, this was me. Funny his post got deleted though.
>phoneposter

Attached: 3AC08234-0F15-4417-A45A-C0AE9F255963.png (750x1334, 377K)

Still here you stupid boomer cuck. And mobile posting makes it so easy. I'll be here to remind you incels everythread that you're all faggot cucks that play old games to fit in with the cool kids.

damn bro you got a lotta health

Attached: salad.png (940x536, 1.05M)

Also looks like he’s back lol, chill out man

The dungeons in this game are exhausting. I'm doing the first quest for the fighters guild and I had enough dungeon to last me the whole day and I'm not even finished it. How the hell do people play this game? It's not even hard, just mentally crushing.

Every time we respond to you we bump the thread! I don’t think there’s any winning here pal

I hope you all get stage 4 cancer. Fuck you and your stupid game. Fucking go to /vg/ so we can discuss current games like Smash and current events in gaming like ecelebs. Fuck you stupid incels. Seethe, cope, and certainly have sex

lol u mad?

The fake hatred to bump the thread is more annoying than someone actually trying to shitpost.

>lol
>lol
>LOL?!?!?

So I was interested in this project because the huge landscapes look lovely, but apparently there's nothing to do in Daggerfall unless the mod changes a lot. It's just a dungeon crawler with no real endgame or progression other than crawl in the next dungeon and walk around town to get stuff for your dungeon runs.
Basically No Man's Sky but medieval. A huge world to explore with absolutely nothing to do.

Lots of Love!

>The fake hatred to bump the thread is more annoying than someone actually trying to shitpost
>THE FAKE HATRED TO BUMP THE THREAD IS MORE ANNOYING THAN SOMEONE ACTUALLY TRYING TO SHITPOST?!?!?

I like mazes desu, it's not for everyone but I wish there were more games with dungeons of this scale. I also wish there was more variety in this one, and mods will surely bring that soon.

FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU

got the unity version and a shit ton of graphical mods. aside from visuals are there any notable mods people have made already?

I wish it was fake man.

I don't normally give a shit about my characters fashion in games, why is it so fun in daggerfall?

Gotta be sturdy to stand a chance against late game were creatures, vampires and undead.

Attached: 1499816790285.jpg (640x480, 103K)

Fuck you
>I WISH IT WAS FAKE MAN?!?!?!?

There's six endings what the fuck are you talking about

Cause you're a gay homo fag
Fuck off. Leave my thread
Fuck off. Leave my thread

>first time I get the letter from the werewolf hunter (for the cure for lycanthropy quest) it directs me to a town that doesn't exist
>second time I'm trying, the next stage of the quest tells me to seek out a person in a town where her name doesn't show up in the dialogue window so I can't figure out what building she's in

Attached: 49052638.png (750x519, 532K)

Fuck off

GUYS TRUMP IS SYSTEMATICALLY GASSING DAGGERFALL FANS AND DEPORTING THE REST TO /VG/ TURN ON CNN!!!

I feel you. I spent an entire day in one dungeon. I don't know how you would ever "finish" this game. Honestly playing it just makes me want to play Morrowind again.

Leave. No one wants you.

OH NO NO YOU CAN'T DISGUISE

>Julian LeFay
youtube.com/watch?v=kr27ZBUsdXI

What a hack. Overrated. Like this boomer shite game

So Unity version is fully playable now?

Fuck off

yup

yeah works great

This argument is pointless because the game was randomly generated and then everyone given those same maps. They only made some modifications by hand afterwards and pretty much only to main quest locations.

So that means the vast majority of places lack any sort of attention to detail and explains why the town layouts are so shitty.

Any good mods you recommend?

Fuck you
Cuck you
>HURRR DURRR IM A RETARDED BOOMER FAG PLAYING A SHIT GAME AND DEBATING WITH OTHER FAG BOOMER CUNTS ABOUT IT HURRRR
get a life, nigger■

No. Now get out.

Most are good here: v'forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=b902f51919eaf1e7acdfd71d568e2479

Def get warm ashes and the quest pack.

Fuck you

Wtf user! That shit gave me malware! ●■◇▪¤

Ty user

Attached: samurai_jack_1779x2390.jpg (420x564, 69K)

You're not welcome

Unity remake seems to have a lot of QoL changes that are really appealing. Is the alpha build buggy or pretty playable?
Side note, thank you again mods/jannies for annihilating samefag

Attached: 1494470104799.jpg (553x720, 57K)

Trying to find a guy who stole the fighter's guild dude's book is impossible

Attached: 1481585696191.jpg (444x563, 62K)

At the very least its less buggy than the original.

Time to download that shit and give it a go

It's deeper than most people think, but you have to put time into it to actually see the depth, you won't get it in the first like 8-10 hours. And since it was in the days before wikis a lot of the cool stuff you just had to figure out for yourself since the game doesn't shove its mechanics in your face like modern elder scrolls.

based janny

>Page 1 again

oh jesus christ this is cringe

>take quest in small town to find some missing dude
>the 2 people involved live in different houses
>ask npcs for directions to both houses, pointing both in the same direction
>get inside and realize that both house names occupy the same house
>on the map it has an extra 3rd name
>can't find the 2nd person because she apparently lives in a pocket dimension
what the actual fuck am I supposed to do here?

i have sex with all 100 of my sexy wives every day and we are all having way sexier sex than you k

>Small section blocked off entirely by a cage that spawned in a bad spot
Is there an ingame way to get past that or were console commands actually my only option?

Attached: 1749751348561.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

wait for them to push the next update. the original creator fucked up the color depth which causes lag whenever you pull out your weapons. The file sizes are like 8x what they need to be for the resolution they are.

there was a way around, dummy

I got it working well with the 25% res upload the other guy provided, it fits a bit better with the game anyway.

>just walk
lmao

only elder scrolls game I've played for a decent length of time, would be a much better game without all the randomization.

I'm still not seeing it.
All I could find back there was a loop around and a couple rooms.

it's exactly like minecraft in that's it's randomly generated at first and then it stays that way, except there's only one world in Daggerfall that doesn't change whenever you start a new game.

Join a guild, usually guy closest to the door will give you quests. Ask NPC's about work in the area. Install the Warm Ashes mod, Archaeologists, and Quest Pack #1 if you want even more to do.

not like layout of the towns really matters anyway, it's the dungeons that take the biggest hit, I don't think any of them beyond the first one are hand made, if they at least made the main story ones by hand I might have finished it.

since it's modular you can still use the environment textures but not the NPC or Mob textures if you really wanted to.

how you get the draw distance to go that far, how the fuck did you get the game to render a mountain that you can walk down? I thought all the terrain was flat, I would just set shit on autorun in the background for hours and the terrain just never change

wtf why is the first dungeon so hard

The only thing Todd did on Daggerfall was clean the toilets.

do some of the character creation exploits still exist with the unity version, like making your character immune to disease and poison, or did they patch it?

It's a dungeon crawler, not an open world exploration game like the later elder scrolls games. The insane dungeons are the main appeal of the game. They are supposed to be oppressive and tense. If you just want some quick loot and combat go to a crypt/graveyard.

I disabled Mobs and NPCs, the handpainted style just doesn't work for me. Faces get really weird.
Most npcs hold up well anyway.

You've clearly never played it more than an hour or two if at all.

they seem pretty easy to make. too bad I suck at art things.

Attached: 3 gold.gif (668x1080, 1.27M)

>zoomer forgets to take his meds
>dies in the first dungeon
>finds his life purpose is crusading against daggerfall on Yea Forums
i respect him desu

I'm zoomer but not the one you're talking about. I'm dying a lot in the first dungeon desu... pls send help.

Stop linking previous threads already, you fucking newfag idiot. Enjoy being moved to /vg/ I guess.

>respect some troglodyte who can't even complete the first dungeon and tries to derail one of the few threads on Yea Forums discussing videogames

Attached: 1447568785104.jpg (878x592, 235K)

HOW DO I FUCKING CAST SPELLS HELP ME

Attached: privateers_hold_fast.webm (640x400, 2.88M)

Try and step back when you see the enemy attacking and they won't hit you. Enemies have pretty consistent timing to combat is all about rhythm. Also quicksave frequently.

every thread should do mock generals until Smashshit stops being given special treatment and moved to /vg/ on sight desu

Archaeologists adds a whole new guild with special mechanics built around pacifist quests and a revamp of the language system. Also gives you an item which points you to quest objectives in dungeons.

Warm Ashes adds a bunch of random event style quests to the exteriors of dungeons, graveyards, fortresses etc.

DFU Quest Pack #1 adds a bunch of random miscellaneous quests.

Persistent Dungeons just because it adds to the immersion imo.

Roleplay and Realism adds clickable beds for sleeping and doesn't auto teleport you to a bed when you rest, and also makes archery gameplay have a bit more depth. I think they have plans to add more to this mod later.

Tedious Travel if you want to fucking hate your life.

backspace, doubleclick, click

Anyone familiar with Morrowind modding? I was thinking maybe one could use assets from Morrowind like the 3d models and port them into Daggerfall Unity to make an npc/enemy replacement mod. I'm familiar with Unity but I've no idea what sort of format Morrowind uses for its assets and if you can export them.

Can you not see the name even if you look at the Dialog Notes at the bottom of the Log window?

Ok but that way I won't get any loot

for me it's convenient clock because I can't be bothered to push a key

I watched a speedrun of this game and the runner exited the Privateer's Hold through an exit in the starting cave room with the fire. How?

Just try going into all the random houses if it's a small town. Save and reload. Leave the area and come back (if you have time in game). Worst case scenario use console commands to TP to the quest objective (not sure this works in town quests, i know it works in dungeons). Or just reset/complete the quest using the console. Maybe report it on the forums too.

You can move the cage if you hit a nearby switch or trigger item

What mods would you like to see?
I would like one that changes your hand and foot sprite depending on the gear equipped, playing as an unarmed ungaman is fun, but the shit brown hands get boring after a while

yeah but you also won't get dead either

Unity has a far draw distance and there are mods to go even farther

Attached: FCE2951B-B4D3-4695-BEAF-F18FCADB7031.png (884x500, 646K)

Some dungeons have objects like that intentionally blocking paths that move when you interact with objects in the dungeon. Some switches are obvious on walls, some aren't, like sitting on a throne to move a banner covering a door. Also sometimes rooms are only accessible with hidden doors.

Pretty sure they patched it all. ie. if you take critical weakness to paralysis as a high elf you're now normally resistant to paralysis instead of being immune.

I'd like to see the smaller dungeon function finished, either by the developer or as a mod.

>die two seconds later

1: Make pickpocketing more worthwhile. Make some NPCs give more than just 3 gold.
2: Make shoplifting less difficult. As it is you have to be a master thief just to take a dagger off a shelf.
3: Make exterior locks in towns not all just level 1. Which would make lockpicking actually worth using.

>carrying too much stuff causes you to sink like a rock

This game keeps finding ways to surprise me

Attached: 1551826467633.jpg (1200x1500, 158K)

comfy as hell aesthetic

Where is that? It looks beautiful.

>Die a couple times in the first part of the tutorial, against the imp and the first bandit
>Restart from the beginning of the dungeon, go to loot the first pile
>Enchanted elven flail
>Find some pants with Fortify
>Speed is now 100
>Killed the wraith in a couple of hits
Feels like a glitch or something

Attached: 1562878735439.png (480x360, 134K)

How the fuck do you get that double-stacked items?

More advantages/disadvantages
Fixed thieving system
Anything that gives me a reason to wander into the wilderness without fast travel

skill check

I'd like to see how that went for the one guy who actually decided to walk to daggerfall in real time, the one thing I did do was actually walk from the first dungeon in the game to the closest town, which takes about 5 minutes walking in a straight line, just hope you don't stray or you'll miss it

Diablo ain't got shit on daggerfall

did the vanilla Daggerfall have more NPCs walking around in towns?

>starting stats are 92str 92speed 80agi 80int
am i doing it right bros

I was even more surprised when i discovered i could climb out of the water traps even if i was carrying too much, maybe an oversight?

Your build is probably shit

>walk into crypt
>one hall way, turn a corner
>another hallway
>door at the end
>open door
>a rat and like 30 gold
This has happened several times. When does this game get good?

Battlemage 70 int 65 str

>not picking hand to hand as a major skill
>not picking hand to hand expertise to boost damage and hit by character level
bare hands can hit everything and gives no fucks about imp's or any other monster's material immunity

But main quest dungeons are hand crafted you absolute dummy

3d models and animations for characters and enemies and the player. Once that's done it would be interesting to have a mod that changes the combat and logic that's behind it into more of a 3d action combat style. It would be a majestic undertaking but with Unity sky's the limit.

get levitate magic, and maybe an area damage spell

Cemeteries are short and uneventful unless you have the teleport spell, just talk to npcs and they'll sometimes mark an actual dungeon on the map for a quest

It's from a custom location mod I think.

Kinda feels like cheating, all bandits also have way too much loot on them as well I think, I get several weapons from each I down.

Check the forums for DFU, there are a couple people who have been testing out 3D model replacements for mobs. I think there are some performance issues right now though, but they should be fixed with the stuff they are working on during the alpha phase.

this would look incredible without the high res.

punch and kick at the same time

Imagine if you had made a character that prevented the use of blunt. Pretty good find desu.

is the game easy to mod?

it lives inside you now

player can be a vampire werewolf

Oh yeah and pacifying someone with a language skill means you can talk to them

Not all of the weapons are super valuable though.

Look at the fucking options screen that the game launches to. There's a crapton of settings.

Pretty good but not really if it means your endurance, luck and wisdom are garbage. Personality too low makes it kinda shit to play too. Agi honestly doesn't seem like that good of a stat.

My big thing would be to add a mod that actually gives you a reason to explore the wilderness and have more open world functionality.

I'd also like to see a survival mod, where you actually need to eat food, and exposure to the elements can have negative effects.

A mod that actually varies the interiors of things like shops, inns, houses, and guilds would be nice.

More events and encounters that can happen during fast travel.

I'd also like to see more variety in dungeons, both in generation and assets.

>max health gets reduced to 4 due to not hunting people as a werewolf
>kill some
>max health only raises to 12
>do the questline to cure myself of lycanthropy
>max health is still 12
Between trying to kill guards as a character with no agility or hand-to-hand skill, this questline bugging out, and now my max health being stuck at "one shot range" this lycanthropy shit has been a complete and utter nightmare. I want to die

Attached: 1412275387247.jpg (1062x1062, 218K)

>House of Dibella offers Orcish language training

Attached: 1542314093512.jpg (303x264, 8K)

Pretty easy if you're familiar with Unity and have some sort of understanding of programming.

I guess I'll have a look.

>there was a giant list of other options there the whole time I haven't noticed
Fuck I feel retarded now

Attached: q9ufJ7f.png (1234x104, 34K)

Zoom Zoom

I believe it's like 60 hours to walk from one end to the other. Might have been on horseback though.

I love this dungeon, wish there were more like it

Wait until you get a mage dungeon, so much good shit and they are so easy to kill if you get one early.

It seems to be balanced for flavor. Like of course a mace is going to be worth more than 100 peasant blouses.

Dude, Daggerfall is a medieval fantasy simulator. Talk to NPCs and ask them where are the guilds. Stop browsing Yea Forums and play the game.

>I'd also like to see a survival mod, where you actually need to eat food, and exposure to the elements can have negative effects.

Every TES game gets this mod, daggerfall is the only one that would actually benefit from it, since it has real distance between points of interest.

Attached: 1561425040597.jpg (131x189, 23K)

Yes, just download, drag the .dfmod files to the dfu folder \Streamingassets\mods and drop them there
Make sure to configure the mods in the launcher before playing

Daggerfall online :3c

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zpCtCWBr8
Jesus look at this shit, this is amazing, what mods is this guy using?

Probably,

DREAM pack
3D Trees (super unoptimized right now, would not recommend even if you have a good PC)
Hand Painted 3D Objects
Post Processing Effects
Enhanced Sky

oops 3D trees is called Trees of Daggerfall.

It's still unoptimized as shit. Game runs silky smooth with a ton of graphics mods for me without it on at 1440p. Get like 15fps at 720p with trees on and view distance set to 1, my CPU sits at like 15% usage and GPU usage is at like 10%. Don't use it until it gets fixed.

should i install the optional fixes with Daggerfall Setup or does DF Unity take care of this?

Delitized and redpilled

I imagine changing the world generation would be a huge ordeal but I'd love to have a survival mod like that with more stuff happening in the overworld so there'd actually be reason not to fast travel.

if you're talking about the fixes for the base game then no, you don't need them at all.

I just dont get why anyone would play any elder scrolls games when baldurs gate is a thing

I think his instructions are to use the default setup.

Because they are totally different types of games? Are your brain hemispheres disconnected or something?

>It's still unoptimized as shit.
What did you expect from a fucking Unity game? You can write fucking Pong in Unity and it'll require a goddamn $3000 PC to run at 60fps.

Yes. Good games vs bad games

It has nothing to do with unity, it has to do with the way the framework for DFU is written and how this one modder tried to implement the 3D trees, both of which can be changed. DFU runs great.

Because some people don't want to play BG's (and all those games) wannabe JRPG storyshit.

Why would you play Baldur's Gate when we have Ninja Gaiden?

>I want to die
well that shouldn't be too hard since you've only got 12 hp

Yeah trees of daggerfall is abysmal

Attached: brain.jpg (638x558, 64K)

huh, what streaming assets?

Attached: 1539947731760.png (597x887, 123K)

The cart is awesome. How come future games never used it?

In the Daggerfall Unity folder, dunderhead.

>curing yourself
Fag

Because every new Elder Scrolls game is Todd finding new and inventive ways of stripping interesting mechanics and features out of the series to attract casuals

Fuck the cart, why didn't banking and loans make a return?

I literally cannot think of a less fun mechanic in any game ever

Because it's stupid. Why would a bank offer giant loans to a random nobody with a shit credit rating?

It could have been interesting if bethesda actually built on sequels and mechanics

Graphics mods have me going out into the world a bit more, especially with the hills/mountains

Attached: benis.png (1924x1074, 1.56M)

>Go through hell to get a daedra heart for Glenmoril Witchs
>None of them will accept the quest item to complete the quest

Those bug fixes can't come soon enough.

Attached: coven.png (1920x1080, 514K)

What happens if I have the teleport spell?

Worst thing about being a mage is being poor as fuck due to spending tons on new spells

where do you get the graphics mod?

Did they want the heart from a specific dungeon or daedra?

DFU forums

>get a quest to clear out monsters from a store
>go there
>"Sorry, I had some sellsword do it already"
>ask him for a lead on other work
>tells me to go to the tavern
>get another quest to clear out monsters from the same store
>go there
>can't even talk to any npcs
just like original daggerfall

Attached: 88th degree mason.png (288x354, 156K)

Witches are the shittiest way to do daedra summoning imo. Mages guild is so much better, but i guess if you don't have the magic stats it's the only option.

are these dumb graveryards the only dungeons in the game
shits so unfun and tiny as fuck

wrong

the amount of land that's available in the good would have been impossible to put in there manually, they just ran a script after making sure they weren't spawning in mountains underneath lakes and let it run for the majority of it while keeping everything within the zones themed appropriately

You sure they dont want a specific heart?

Fuck. I'm just getting a black screen with a compass, health bars, and crosshairs in the Unity Version. Stuttering audio too. I've confirmed my install path is correct twice. What am I fucking up?

What the fuck is wrong with the guards? I fucked off from Daggerfall because where ever I go theyre on my ass and toss me in jail for "criminal conspiracy". Same fucking thing happens in Wayrest right after arriving. The man just want to keep a n'wah down.

no retard

How long are you letting it load? Are you using mods? If you are running with a bunch of mods whenever you enter a new area it will be a black screen while it loads and then low FPS as assets load in for about 10-15 seconds.

No its not, faggot. Kill yourself.

Good Morning

Attached: Screenshot (20).png (1600x900, 217K)

I'm running it vanilla. I'm going to fuck around for a few hours before trying to mod. Should I just give it a couple minutes, then? I'll go try again and go take a shit or something.

Wait till you see the housing market of Tamriel. The money you get from selling shit is downright paltry in the grand scheme of things.

Are half the "bugs" in this game just people being retarded and not understanding how the game works?

out of curiosity, can you run Daggerfall normally?

In what way are loans ever EVER a good thing in video games?

no, the game does have some legitimate stuff that doesn't work such as npcs not accepting quest items and the bug where you start the game wanted for high treason, usually reinstalling or starting a new game fixes them.

Don't spout this bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about.

what are your system specs? without mods it shouldn't take much time to load at all.

Coming back, it still hadn't loaded. I presume that I've fucked something up along the way. Might have to delete everything and start again.

Attached: Specs.png (528x478, 23K)

>want to increase standing in guild
>dickhead guild leader gives you some crazy task you have no hope of completing
>if you take out a loan you could buy some stuff to actually finish the quest
>if you can't pay the loan back guys come after your ass
>size of the loan determines how far they will go to find you

It's pretty fucking simple

did you do something to fuck up your reputation?

Yes something is fucked, make sure it is using your GPU and not the intel graphics.

well, how was it?

I got the heart they wanted. Got the quest pop-up and the item was marked green so it was definitely a quest item. I couldn't turn it in so I failed the quest. Not the first time a quest has bugged out.

That wasn't the problem. Time for a reinstall and fiddling with ini files.

if you run into something like that again you can use the console to complete the quest. just hit ~ and type help, it will show you the commands. there used to be a quest debug screen if you pressed shift+tab at the same time and used [ and ] to cycle through active quests. not sure if that is in the current build though.

>bitch in daggerfall court's kitchen wont give me her quest to kill the werewolf
I talked to her when my reputation was low, now she doesnt react at all
Did I fuck up?

they're the only ones automatically marked on your map
get a quest from one of the guilds or something

>made a fortify personality spell so now I can actually get directions from NPCs
wew, PER goes from 19 to 65

Okay holy shit clearly something fucked up in the install, because this time around there's a graphical menu for game options and graphics that didn't even appear before.

nice

How hard is the main quest and when should I start doing it?

That's pretty handy. Thanks for the tip.

I like the extended view distance and birds, but the old style of giant mountains and trees in the background was more atmospheric.

Attached: ecXBo05.jpg (1920x1015, 203K)

OH FUCK AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: djAF2UZ.jpg (909x863, 109K)

lol

Attached: image.png (536x237, 180K)

Probably, go to UESP and look up the quest code and you can startquest S0238383838cumshit23 in your console to get it working. I had the same thing happen with Aubk'i because I talked to her at level 2.

I tried that, but the quest didnt appear in my questlog. And the dungeon is random, so I dont know where to go.
Is that normal or did I use the wrong ID?

Those aren't relevant stats at all. Speed and willpower are better for melee combat and spellcasting respectively

GREENED

Attached: 1561726306303.jpg (809x443, 78K)

fuck off cumbrain

But he's right
This game is broken as shit, with uncompletable dungeons where you MUST cheat because the game generated a cage in front of a door, abusable NPC dialogs (just spam "Where is " and they'll eventually put it on your map), and retarded quests that sabotage your main story progress (like the burglary accusation)
Morrowind is a thousand times better, even though it doesn't have the roleplay potential of Daggerfall

When I did it I had the quest dialogue pop up on my screen, and was also looking at the bitch, I tried entering the quest name at first and it didnt work, just copy pasted the code and it ended up working. Also entered some unmutenpc command that I found in help to check if that works.

Most of the time when people complain about dungeons that they can't complete, they are just being retards and can't find the secret entrances to the quest objectives. It is extremely rare that a dungeon is literally impossible to complete, even less so in this unity version.

The cage in front of the door is intentional and it's moved by a switch elsewhere in the dungeon you argonian brain.

Spamming the same dialogue option only works if they give you vague directions to begin with. If they don't know or won't tell after changing tone you then they won't period.

It worked, thanks user

Cool, then I was unlucky enough to get a cage infront of a door with no other objects in a mile radius, making the quest and dungeon uncompletable
And even searching on google only gave me the answer "just cheat bro"

how bad for my first try at art? not completely done.

Attached: 222.jpg (1920x1920, 651K)

okay from a static perspective but I don't know how well that would translate in motion.

Not all dungeon triggers are obvious switches on walls although most of them are. Some other ones are interacting with thrones/chairs sitting on them and hitting activate. Also certain torches, skulls, literally any dungeon decoration sprite can potentially be a trigger. You can also see hidden doors on the dungeon map if you examine rooms closely.

Attached: dzoz7dfhnre21.jpg (960x600, 107K)

I can't wait for mods that replace every sprite with HD 3D model.

personally I prefer the 2D sprite work if only because it, by default, lowers the amount of technical skill required to mod in custom assets.

they're all a few png files that play in numbered order and aseprite knows to open them in an animation somehow. it could definitely look like ass all put together though.

I feel like it might just be easier to re-draw the whole thing to get the detail you seem to be going for.

>try out the handpainted mod
>the naked women all have pierced nipples
Absolute shit taste.

Attached: 1526330710111.jpg (600x600, 88K)

Low poly would be better, as it would mesh better with the rest of the game and as mentions lower the skill wall to make content for it

Think King's Field, which actually came out a year or two before Daggerfall.

I know this, I found a secret area in a different dungeon with activating a coffin
I tried every single wall and part of the dungeon I talk about and nothing happened

The critical strikes skill being a lie and worthless pisses me off. I might have to mod a fix in myself, although I know jackshit about Unity and it would probably be easier for me to just text edit the source code and recompile.

Please install the improved skies mod

I think so. Probably with the vanilla ones as a reference.

What do they eat?

It increases chance to hit so not really worthless. Better than agility since it levels on it's own

Iw reached a pit full of magically sealed doors with no switches or torches activate.
Can these things be bashed open?

No, you need the open spell. However in lots of dungeons there is a way to get to the other side from other hidden doors, if you open them from the reverse direction they will unlock without having to use a spell.

>and exposure to the elements can have negative effects.
actually wearing clothes appropriate for the location you're in would matter:

> metal armor is hot under the sun, but fog or clouds or shade alleviates the heat
> wear and activate a cape/cloak with the hood up during the first moments of rainfall to avoid a 24 hour debuff on disease resistance
> the deserts get very cold at night and can freeze your ass dead

I want to be a prostitute and earn some gold

That's not a "cage that spawned in a bad spot" that's a cage that was hand placed there, every instance of that block has it and there's a switch to move it.

After a while I found two unexplered paths up the ceiling but I cant access becase I cant levitate.
Looking trough the map it would also seem In order to exit the dungeon I would also need to float up a similary inaccessible hole in a ceiling.
Fun times ahead.

You can climb in daggerfall...

I know this, but theres no wall close to the holes edge.

Screenshot? Have you tried activating any dungeon decorations that might be switches? Are there any teleports around? Have you checked for hidden doors in walls? You can see them on the minimap if you examine it closely. The dungeon generation algorithm lays out dungeons so you can't get stuck from my experience. Also once you get out of the dungeon you really should look into getting the recall spell so you can teleport out of the dungeon (just make sure you set your anchor point when you get in the dungeon). Worst case scenario you can use the console to teleport to the dungeon entrance if you can't figure it out.

is it true that daggerfall has a lot of trapped doors that just instant kill you with no tell whatsoever

they were procedural generated. meaning it was randomly generated while developing the game but we all get the same map

feel free to actually post an argument ;)

Only in the original, it was a bug. Doors don't kill you in the unity remake. They weren't trapped, you could just get crushed in hidden doors if you weren't careful.

I tried pressing on just about everything to no avail. Theres no way to access the upper floors since every pathway seems to require a spell ,which I dont have,to move trough.

Attached: daggerfail1.png (2560x1440, 2.06M)

Even the walls? It looks like that hallway to the right might be connected by a hidden door. Maybe you're just fucked, time to use the console.

Is it just me or does it seem like the chance to steal things goes up with the number of things stolen? I can more reliably steal a horse and cart together rather than separate, even while being a savescumming bitch. Also what skill actually determines stealing checks?

Yeah no hidden walls, Im guessing thats where id end up if I could get past the magically locked doors.
Console it is.

Pickpocket determines steal chance

don't mind me, old ass waifu mods coming through

>Womenfall (face and body)
images.uesp.net/f/f8/WomenFall.zip
>Womenfall face tweaks and fixes
mega.nz/#!Zk9D1LjJ!AOVGiYNhYQ4dxQ7Jk6xWmEg7AP9hGF2BB_6eKj_CtCo
>Other stuff for Womenfall
images.uesp.net/c/c3/ClothesFall.zip
images.uesp.net/9/9c/ArmorFall.zip
images.uesp.net/0/04/WeaponsFall.zip
>Fixes and tweaks for Clothesfall and ArmorFall
mega.nz/#!cwNx2RLJ!VuVGtQ_y8BtEE0fxnDQPFz0OXfL14Vietj2omDoyc20

put them into the arena2 folder of the actual game folder and not the unity one.

Attached: wf tweaks.png (720x1335, 73K)

found a Coven

Attached: Screenshot (24).png (1600x900, 885K)

Does this affect NPCs?

it only mods the player character stuff

Well fuck, time to reroll my spellcasting rogue again to add pickpocketing back in

Attached: 1557130936091.png (476x477, 256K)

is it well written?

If you can read, yes.

this is why you should always wear protection when dealing with Witches

Attached: Screenshot (25).png (1600x900, 492K)

Thanks lad, good stuff.

Attached: 1452658982430.png (2800x4300, 503K)

how com this didnt get c&d-d?

You do realize that when you respond like that you might as well be saying "because I am blinded by nostalgia"?

The game has been freeware for a long time, and it still requires the original game to function so it's basically a mod

This, it's clear most of it is randomly generated (and nothing wrong with that really, wouldn't expect them to hire an army of designers just to hand-make every inch of useless land you shouldn't even visit), it's just that instead of random per game they randomed it once in their studio and added details. Btw parts of it might still be random at players pc if they keep the seed and their levels data is based on diff from the baseline, but I don't think they did it because it doesn't give much benefit in their case (assuming map data is compressed enough so it's not an issue, and its offline so they don't pay on network to pass levels to users)

because bethesda literally gave out the game as freeware years ago.

Can you use a controller with Daggerfall? I wanna play it from the comfort of my sofa

right now no, maybe semi-playable if you do a lot of xpadder setup or something but doubtful. there are a bunch of keybinds that you can't rebind in the menus even in the unity port. the roadmap for alpha though has adding full keybind customization for things that weren't rebindable in the base game so I guess technically it could be possible at some point?

Anyone played with this setting? It makes environments look nicer and makes the game more immersive.
Having your lantern die in the middle of a dungeon is a bitch though.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (885x477, 111K)

Any tips for first time players?

Attached: Dank.png (77x78, 5K)

Yes it's pretty good but it sucks if you turn it on mid playthrough. I'm pretty sure when you start a new game with it on it gives you some torches to use in the starting dungeon. Otherwise you have to go out of your way to try and find some. I also wish you could adjust the color temperature of the player light so it looked more like a torch and less like an LED lantern.

>not caring 10 torches and 50 oil at all times

I do but use a light spell as a mage

look up the beginners guide on the elder scrolls wiki, but ignore the shit that is related to exploits and glitches because they don't work in DFU.

Is there a pixelated version of that mod? I don't really like the original sky but otherwise I'm running with default graphics and using the 640xwhatever render mode. I feel like a high res sky might conflict with rest of the art.

if you use the retro renderer I'm pretty sure it will still render the enhanced sky at low resolution. I haven't tried though so idk.

Can you refuel it? Where do you get fuel from?

Here we go: "You don't understand trchnolo/g/y."

It's just oil m8 any general store has it

VEENGEEANCEEEE

It renders the screen at low res but if the sky is an HD texture then it will stand out from the rest of the world that have really low resolution textures. Maybe I could just downscale it myself if it's an easy format to edit though.

literally just add the .dfmod file and turn on retro rendering and see what it looks like first?

Can someone re-upload HD first person weapon textures? Can't download from official thread anymore.

>tfw high INT but low PER

Attached: 7FF60E4B-0C23-4609-9EF3-8DE3FACE79B1.jpg (746x541, 43K)

You've been asking this for the last 10 threads. At this point you might as well make an account and post your question in that thread.

ive been playing a ton and for some reason, at some point, the game literally just stop recording quests to my journal. any new quest i get doesn't record an entry to the journal. and im pretty sure the last two dungeon quests just didn't have the quest item in them. ive been playing daggerfall for years and ive never had this level of trouble finding the quest objective in a dungeon
i think my character is just fucked, i dont have any saves from before this started happening. thats like 15ish hours down the drain

Attached: 1441627846397.png (700x400, 344K)

Wasn't me, first time I'm asking. Also someone already posted it in that thread and it's still not available. Fuck you guys for not helping out.

They call it Buggerfall for a reason

meant for

Try adding a quest with the console, or removing your currently active quests, or look in your save file

How to mod df unity?

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=22

Some sticky's here with some info on it

I've been playing with class creator and there are pretty much only two viable templates you can make, either full magic build or full non-magic build. What's even the point of half the skills? There's like 10 languages that do fuck all in game.

Just register an account on their forum and ask faggot.

Shove shit in the mods folder, activate in launcher.

Oh, I thought he meant how to make your own mods. Yeah, just drag the .dfmod file into your DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods directory

I haven't found it. Am I being bamboozled?

Wait, never mind. I found it. Not every store has it.

It has been already asked there you retard.

dg unity

Then wait for them to upload it to a mirror.

I'm uploading it right now for you user, although you're honestly better off using the 25% or 50% versions that are uploaded. The full ones look pretty out of place and cause the game to hitch for a second or two whenever you pull out your weapons. The dude who made them kinda fucked up and they should be like 1/8th the size. I'll post the link when the 3.5gig zip is done uploading.

Those tits look like the most fakest breasts implants from the early 80s

doing a quest where I´m supposed to retrieve a talisman guarded by a lich, in the journal entry it says I don't have to defeat the lich to get the talisman, shouldnt the talisman be located near the lich? I've searched around where he was but I still cant find it. Anyone got a similar quest that can help?

On UESP it says race modifiers have no effect? Like whatsoever? Is race completely irrelevant then for starting stats? I don't get it? Was this a bug or oversight by the devs? Did it get fixed with DaggerfallSetup or Unity?

Source:
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
>There are also race modifiers that (should, but don't) affect starting stats

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:High_Elf
>Note: These modifiers (but not the special advantage) are overwritten when you choose a class; they have no actual effect during character creation.

The fuck?

>3.5GB zip
Did he made it in 8K FULL HD IMAX DISNEY 3D quality?

Did you try asking the Lich?

Attached: 45E509BB-84F4-4372-8E29-1E891FEDA519.gif (89x131, 20K)

Racial resists still work. So enjoy your nord or high elf

how do I do that?

anyone know how to fix the brightness?
i cant see shit even with working lamps

Yes basically, most of them are 2960x2000 pixels with 64 bit color depth when they could be 24 bit. Each file is between 2-5mb and that's for each frame of animation. And that's not even all the weapons in the game (I don't think it includes staves and bows).

But the stated attributes per race are completely without effect? What the fuck? Is there a reason behind this that I don't see or is this an oversight? It seems like kind of a big oopsie.

nibba just make a spell that buffs your PER so you can make people think you're not an ass

These threads seem comfy. Inspired me to download. What am I in for?

Oh yeah and they are saved as lossless png files.

main story ones are handcrafted, it's the generated dungeons that are slogs

daggerfall unity has a config option that lets you opt for smaller dungeons so they're not as annoying to explore, still in testing phase though

>one faggot complains about not being able to kill a werewolf
>run into one
>kill it in two hits
Why do so many shitters have trouble with this game?

pain

blessed thread

Attached: daggerfall.png (2560x1440, 1.27M)

The class you pick overwrites the stats. And besides you get to place the stats freely so racial stats wouldn't matter at all anyway.

I imagine its something that will get fixed down the line. Its how the base game worked so blame Bethesda

Playable, it has bugs but it's far more playable than the DOS version of daggerfall. Dev is working out on some features.

It depends on your stats.
Even if you have a weapon with the required material to kill werewolves, things like your hit chance and damage dealt matter a lot.

Can services be denied to you if the NPC doesn't like you? I joined the Thieves guild and I can't use banks. The banker seems to fucking hate me. I can still pull up the banking screen, but it won't let me deposit any money.

Why have them then in the first place? They should be combined somehow and not completely overwritten. Is is the same with a custom class. Cause as far as I can tell that's all you ever want to pick anyway.

I'm aware. I'm not blaming it on the Unity devs.

>Why have them then in the first place?
It was probably a fuckup by the devs. The game was notoriously buggy at launch so it was probably something that just never actually got implemented properly. Though I'm not sure where the data for those stat changes comes from. Could very well be that it never existed in code for whatever reason but was written in the manual or something like that.

Is there a easy way for me to find a thieves guildhouse? I joined them but I can't for the life of me find a single place after going to multiple towns.

Custom class is still a class and you handpick all stats. Maybe an optional racial bonus option will come at some point.

Ok thanks. Be that as it may I need to create a new char anyway after reading up on some skills and attributes and playing for 2 hours.

Does this work with Unity? Installed and nothing changed.

Ask NPCs for regional guild branches?

>local bank
No no no don't do that, take out a morgage from the ass end of the map in another region then never come back, that way you don't need to pay it back.

Thieves guild doesn't show up, I'm assuming that's intentional since they're not supposed to be easily found.

pretty sure thieves guilds are labelled as furniture stores, but i think after you join they should show up on the map for a town once you are there if there is one.

Here you go user. The reduced versions are better, but here is your 3.5gigs of weapon textures

mega.nz/#!XnR3zIBb!PxjRqf2aiU_pFyNiMP8L-k5XUXB_BMB9nVBm3hOfKDk

Thieves guilds are not being automatically labeled on your map in Unity version and that's a bug. They were added to your map when you joined in DOS version.

They had a randomizer for the game.
They run the randomizer for the last time just before sending the game disc.
Face it faggot.

Is there an effective way to play a mage without spell absorption? It feels like cheating to be able to throw an infinite amount of fireballs but without it you're lucky if you can even fire two spells before needing to wait half a day for magicka to replenish.

how do i stop being hated by law? i smuggled some drugs once and now every town in daggerfall wants to banish me

randomizer != procedural generation
kys

Not until someone mods in a mana regen enchantment/potion

Ah okay, guess I'll just keep exploring around and hope I find it by chance. Probably will keep notes on where they are if I do find them.

>have to kill a giant
>it's stuck inside a kind of statue
Nice

So how do you play a pure mage in this?
failing that are ranged characters possible/viabe?

You fuck.
They used procedural generation to create the entire landscape, only a tiny fraction is hand placed. It's like if mojang made a minecraft map and after release there would not be procedural generation but one map that everyone uses.

Stupid fucking idiot kys.

I just load up my old save in DOS version with a character in Thieves Guild and go to the town to check where the guild is and make a map screenshot. It's in the same building in Unity version, just not labeled on your map.
It's probably the same with Dark Brotherhood, although I haven't joined it in Unity version yet.

Attached: Daggerfall_Thieves_Guild_Tulune.png (1680x1050, 326K)

Yes and procedural generation isn't the same as randomizer/random generation/RNG or whatever else you ignorant fucks call it.

A randomizer isn't procedural generation.

First off the overworld generation is done by basically using a topographical map of the area, which isn't random at all, it was most likely made by an artist and then used to generate the actual terrain data.

Dungeon generation and town layouts are also not just random, there are specific rules to how pieces are connected and what can go where and how big or small they are supposed to be.

The closest thing to "randomizer" is probably the distribution of the actual locations on the map, as well as the placement of random enviroment clutter like trees and rocks. Although those are specific to the region too, so not exactly random.

Basically you don't know shit about what you are saying.

>stop being a neet burden
OR
>play some fucking daggerfall

Thanks!

Oh ok I see. So in that case Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft and pretty much all games that use this are not procedural generation, because they follow rules and exceptions.

Thanks for clearing shit out!

Attached: 1540765937533.gif (88x128, 103K)

yeah

did you fail reading comprehension? you have multiple comments telling you that randomization and procedural generation are two different things, as well as the difference between procedural generation at runtime versus during development. what the fuck are you even on about?

>Dilate in Time faggot can't read
What a surprise

Oh ok so you don't need to randomize if you wan't to procedurally generate. thanks!

Attached: 1538217281982.gif (194x293, 2M)

Is it viable to make a Paladin-like build? Heal and beat the shit out everything with a mace?

>Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft and pretty much all games that use this are not procedural generation
No. No. NO.
Dwarf Fortress uses various types of procedural generation all over the game. Minecraft mainly used procedural generation to generate the world.
The difference with those two games and Daggerfall is that in Daggerfall the procedural generation was basically done beforehand and they saved the seed they used for the world so everyone could experience the same world. Well, it still uses procgen at runtime to generate the part of the world the player is in but that world is always the same.

Random number generation is often used in procedural generation but it's not the same thing.

take a flail instead.
a big ass flail.
and yes, it should be very doable, like any other build.

>The difference with those two games and Daggerfall is that in Daggerfall the procedural generation was basically done beforehand and they saved the seed they used for the world so everyone could experience the same world. Well, it still uses procgen at runtime to generate the part of the world the player is in but that world is always the same.

Somebody fucking finally said it.

You are braindead retarded. Go peepee poopoo out of here.

is being a Wizzard viable in this one?

How many more times are you gonna ask this, you double nigger?

wrong again
Fuck off brainlets.

absolutely, it's one of the strongest builds especially since you don't get penalized for wearing armor. You should still have blunt or long blades or some other melee skill as a primary though, since it takes time and killing to get enough gold to craft good spells.

sorry but i haven't read the whole thread or any of the others

No. It's an Elder Scrolls game. You'll end up using melee for 90% of the enemies because there's no viable way to regenerate spell points.

I tried to make a Spellsword type character with a custom class and in the end I'm mostly hitting stuff with my sword and using what little magicka I have for healing. There's definitely a bunch of thematic stuff you can do to make one feel more Paladin-ish.

Also this You can get an Elven Flail from the questionnaire.

If Todd were a genius he would have just "re-rolled the randomizer" and released Daggerfall 2. You smooth brained Argonian n'wah.

How is he fucking wrong you disgusting hamburger eater

you need to get magic absorption spells and use AOE spells.

>No varg vikernes mod where you are forced to live in the wilderness because the cities are degenerate

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT!

Attached: D F G.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Thieves Guild are always in the same model of house, so you can look for those buildings in other cities after you find one.

youtube.com/watch?v=uybzeitUAUk
THAT'S MY JAM!

>procedural generation was basically done beforehand
Now go kill yourself.

>kills you in one hit
Heh nothin personnel

You can abuse by taking spell absorption advantage and using targeted AoE spells close enough that they also hit you. But that's really down to if you're okay with that.

Other than that 3x int mana gain is pretty much mandatory and putting like 80-90 int to start with. Also a good idea to make a bunch of low mana cost spells to train your spell schools by spamming them and resting in the tavern. It takes a while to get going without abusing spell absorption so it's probably a good idea to take one weapon skill and dodge at the very least.

If you have a low enough reputation, you can get banished from cities via suspicion of criminal conspiracy.

It WAS made beforehand you drooling retard

>it still uses procgen at runtime to generate the part of the world the player is in but that world is always the same

It's clear you don't understand what procedural generation means at all. You know modern games with no proc gen at runtime use it too right? Horizon Zero Dawn's base map was done almost entirely with procedural generation. You know procedural generation doesn't just mean you just randomize everything right? RIGHT?

>NO NO NO NO NO

Procedural generation doesnt even exist. Its just a meme. The weight of evidence is on your strawman goalpost.

Attached: 1562077327786.jpg (491x625, 32K)

stop arguing over nothing you fags

every fucking thread has to turn into a last-word contest

Sorry

>The weight of evidence is on your strawman goalpost.
The only point I wanted to make was that randomizer != procedural generation.

>Also a good idea to make a bunch of low mana cost spells to train your spell schools by spamming them and resting in the tavern.
Yeah if you want the game to get boring quick.

>gold has a weight
Why

If you're not using spell absorption the only way to get strong cheap spells is to get your skills relatively high. Otherwise anything that actually does anything costs half your mana.

>take elevator down in a dungeon
>stuck there forever because no one put a lever at the bottom

>get a quest to deliver a letter
>letter disappears from inventory, locking me out of the quest
Man this game was awesome!

Attached: 20190729_095652.jpg (530x712, 157K)

Get a wagon

Climb nigga, climb!
Alternatively just use the console and find the command that teleports you to the dungeon entrance. Can't remember it now, but you can type "help" to see all commands.

gold is heavy man.

Nigga have you tried hauling around thousands of gold coins?

How to cure plague? My character is sick somehow.

It was probably the kind that was in the middle of the room so you can't actually climb back up.

For future reference if you can use magic make a cheap levitation spell. If not you can look for an enchanted item with levitation or a potion or something.

Potion of cure disease if you have it. Otherwise find the nearest temple. One of the NPCs will do it for a small fee.

Temples offer healer services at a cost. Look for one in the closest town, not the temples marked on travel map.

>do some quest for some guy who clames to know why my boat got shipwrecked
>says that I should find a scroll and give it to him
>motherfucker didn't say it's guarded by a daedra
>im like level 3 with elven equipment
what do?

Attached: Dq6VJe3U0AIzMo7.jpg (789x1200, 91K)

So, who did you give the totem Yea Forums?

Many thanks

Mannimarco

I just can't get out of the first dungeon. If you lose health there is no way to get in back, because it will never let you rest. I tried playing a spell casting character and after casting like 2 spells my magic is gone and doesn't regenerate.

Attached: 452495211235.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>he doesn't max his character's speed first thing

>It was probably the kind that was in the middle of the room so you can't actually climb back up.
Ah yeah. Like in the quest dungeon with the necromancers? I always make a "levitate when held" item for shit like this. Only costs about 3,5k gold. Always use "player takes damage from sunlight" as an disadvantage when making dungeon gear btw. It's 6k free enchantment points.

You dont have to do the quest. You can just ignore it and do something else.

>have mindrot
>been walking around for weeks with 3 willpower
>contract something else from rat
>you feel somewhat bad
>suddenly, massive fatigue loss
>you fall to the ground exhausted, easy prey for monsters in this state

Have you tried not attacking the enemies and just rush to the exit?

>If you lose health there is no way to get in back, because it will never let you rest
yes you can, dumb frogposter

Just make a run for it. I always do that with "squishy" characters. Then I just loot crypts for a while until I get enough skills and equipment to raid the first dungeon and then do guild quests.

Try depositing all your coins into the bank and withdraw a letter of credit for the same amount.

Have I made a huge mistake trying to be a mage on my first playthrough?
Every fucking time I use shock on an enemy it seems to do nothing, an I missing from a dice roll or is the game's hit detection really retarded? Because when it does hit i'm not seeing any different in where i'm pointing from when it doesn't it.

Everyone at once

Attached: Untitled.png (269x320, 121K)

What's a good temple for mages? They have a spell for almost any benefit that temples offer.
>heal diseases cheaper
Can do it with a spell or potion
>longer breath underwater
Already have a spell for it
>Rank added to die roll when talking to members of the opposite sex
Will this even be useful on a (semi-)regular basis? Plus, I'm sure there's a fortify personality spell you can make.

Would like to be able to buy and make potions so Juliano and Kynareth don't qualify.
I'm currently leaning toward Stendarr because that cheat death ability seems pretty legit. Akatosh's faster travel seems pretty nice too, but I haven't had much trouble with time while travelling, plus the maximum fast travel benefit you can get is I believe 86% of the total time which is meh.

Attached: Untitled.png (1731x382, 45K)

>not having a "cure disease" spell or potion on you at all times
>Not having "Recall" anchored at a temple
It's like you want to die

If the spell is on touch, you're probably not hitting him or it took damage but it didnt kill him.

destruction isn't the greatest in daggerfall. even the mages guild quest giver will tell you to bring a weapon when they send you off to a dungeon.

Every skeleton is a fucking boss
What the fuck

the starting spells are pretty shit, shock has a chance to do 1-20 damage. in general the crafted spells are way better than the purchasable ones because you have control over the variables. That being said even if you go full caster you will have to use melee quite a bit, and should always have a melee skill as a primary. Only having weapon skills as secondary is basically hardcore mode.

This!
I made a muscle wizard. h2h combat and spells. Works great so far, but I'm not sure the "leech on strike" enchantments work with h2h fighting. Unless it's got a chance to hit or something that I'm missing?

Is a pure archer viable?

No, not really

Yo, there's a new update
Do i have to start over and delete all the daggerfall files?

I can't do this because I can't climb onto the ledge that you do.

Right below that ledge is a platform with a lever next to it. You can't see it in the webm because the player is looking up.
Stand on the platform and pull the lever. It will raise the platform to the upper floor.

You don't need to climb it, there's a lever

No, I think you can continue with previous version saves.

put it in the bank
use some of it to buy a horse and/or cart

Then stand on the throne platform below that wall and activate the lever next to it. The platform is an elevator.

VENGEANCE!

Attached: The_Elder_Scrolls_II_Daggerfall_King_Lysandus_Shade.png (1732x639, 1.67M)

This thread is comfy

rpg codex is over there

no just copy the new build files into the old directory. has worked fine for me for like the last 10 builds.

allright, thanks

>yah!

They feel like it at lower levels.
If one catches you at a bad time, just bail and try to find an emptier part of the dungeon to rest in.

>>Not having "Recall" anchored at a temple
W-wait. Can you have multiple teleport spells and save them to different locations?

Just wait until you meet zombies.

before the thread dies is there a way to roll attributes when you create your own class like when you choose one of the prebuilt ones? Having 20 points to distribute doesn't seem to be as good as starting with 2 attributes on 70 and nothing belo 48

Attached: 1484282864009.jpg (726x406, 82K)

When you make a custom you get to change your base stats AND roll your bonus stats.

>Make Shadow Warrior Custom class
>Accidentally give it light powered magic instead of dark powered

Is there a fucking character editor out yet?

Attached: groans.gif (245x150, 517K)

bitchin. Here I go for my third restart. This is the one lads I feel it

Attached: 1492926674057.jpg (1440x1422, 93K)

Yeah, just adjust it when you make the class. You can max out a class attribute at 75, then roll it to 85 when you make your character.

Just edit the saves. It's just a textfile.

Arkay seems nice for the low rank access to shit. Not sure how useful soul gems are in Daggerfall but it's got that going for it too.
If you gotta travel fast you can always go dangerously.

Boys, the dropbox for the HD weapons pack is no longer accesible, has the author uploaded them to somewhere else?

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (200x200, 34K)

CTRL+F this thread for the mega link.

>skellies felt relatively okay to fight early on
>meet first zombie
>it oneshots me

Go back to the starting cave, you can almost always rest there.

Thanks bud

>if you gotta travel fast you can always go dangerously

What is the difference between travelling dangerously and cautiously?

I think you're guaranteed to arrive well rested at daytime with cautiously.

Zombies are so far the only thing that scare me one on one.
I'll bop everything else, but Zombies are the only ones that can get lucky, especially if I'm not at full health.

Travelling cautiously will refill your health/fatigue/magicka and guarantee you'll arrive during the day (or at night if you'r a vampire), but is slower than the other option.

I'm liking this game with mods so far.
I'm at the very beginning but certain mods add a lot to immersion, right now the ones I have are Tedious Travel, Distant Landscape (or whatever it's called) Enhanced Skies, and Mountains & Hills.

Right after leaving Privateers hold I went to the nearest town on the map, Burgstad, which took a couple of minutes real time.
I rested at the inn and asked around where a mages guild is, they directed me to Longwark, so I set off to there and was attacked by a Spriggan and a Centaur on the way, beat their asses, continued on my way when I came across another town that I could rest at before continuing on to Longwark.

All the mods just come together to make it easier to immerse yourself

I kited a zombie through half a dungeon once. It killed a dozen mages before getting killed by a sorcerer or something like that. Fucking beast.

In Daggerfall yes but not in Wayrest.