Why does anyone like this piece of shit? Easily the most overhyped console ever

Why does anyone like this piece of shit? Easily the most overhyped console ever.

Attached: aes1.jpg (3717x2801, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OUW2fJoo8O8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fighting game hipsters.

youtube.com/watch?v=OUW2fJoo8O8

That's not the Nintendo Switch

Zoom zoom!

old people genocide noww

My xbone graphics are way better!

Go back to your lootbox trash zoom.

Attached: Old.jpg (717x499, 80K)

probably because it was like having an arcade cabinet in your home

My xbox1 is more powerful, whocares

Why would ANYONE collect Neo Geo games as much as they cost?

SNK is one of like two companies that straight up sell you the ROMs.

If you wanna buyfag, just do that.

whats wrong with collecting rare games?

I want a AES plus flashcart. I don't care about collecting expensive games.

What games are even worth playing on this thing? I already have ms3 on ps2 and pc, but I guess it probably plays best on neogeo.

windjammers and turf masters?

Attached: 1494783083864.jpg (500x327, 19K)

Back in the day it was stupidly expensive - 800 dollar console and 100+ games back in the 90s, but it was literally arcade perfect. The same exact hardware. Games were high quality and enjoyable across a wide spectrum, for both NeoGeo and NeoCD. Home console peripherals were expensive but quality for the time, like a fight stick before it was really a thing . Now it's more collecting than anything like the people who build CPS arcade boards or whatnot

neo geo is only worth owning if you have a buddy who likes metal slug and fighting games as much as you do

Used to actually own one of these back in the mid 90's. I think it is a real shame so many of these older consoles didn't find success of some kind. Many did deserve to fail like the shit Atari put out and cdi but lots more like PC Engine, Saturn and this deserved to do a lot better. The industry is worse off for only having 3 real competitors for this long. Google however is not a good option for us since they are cancer.

Metal Slung Anthology on the PS2 is the best way to play Metal Slug IMO. I would love a Neo Geo, but it's just way to over priced at this point (as well as the games)

Attached: 1522376157680.jpg (1416x2000, 305K)

Wasnt the AES not even designed for home users and basically only made available after phone calls and letters demanding it?

Wtf even is that, some old nintendo console or something?

The Saturn is legit great. I grew up with an N64 so I was used to the analog stick, so when I got a Playstation to experience "the classics" using that Dpad for a 3D space was really rough. The Saturn pad handles both 3D movement (via "rolling") and 2D precision stuff amazingly well.

I dunno man, ever hear of the Playstation 1, shit mad gay yo