What was the ethical choice here?

What was the ethical choice here?

Attached: ai.png (1128x1140, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swbGrpfaaaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

None of them. AI don't need to obey the same morals and ethics as humans. That's why Stephen Hawking was so terrified of advancements in AI.

To implant a destructive virus on them

Robots are fags they deserve death

>no Mother Brain

4/9

durandal

>no master from fallout 1

From the ones I know (Shodan, Glados, 343, and N2), none.

None of them actually care about humanity and just do shit to further their own goals under the guise of "helping humanity".

Like The Patriots, they claim that they are necessary for humanity in MGS2 but the world is shit in MGS4 because of them

But the tau aren't AIs

isnt master a cyborg?

The world is shit in MGS4 because they killed GW. The patriots are necessary NOW because of how retarded and gullible people are becoming.

this. he did nothing wrong
shut up zoomer

I asked this in my own thread like a month ago, but what games accurately represent AI or at least have a take on the way they'd actually effect society? Not as characters but as concepts

literally none

don't listen to anybody who says otherwise

>The world is shit in MGS4 because they killed GW.

their control of the world seemed just fine despite one AI of the four being deleted. The other 3 just carried the load.

Not to mention the AI was dumb enough to fall for the Oeclot ruse and allowed the rebuilt GW back into the system

Durandal,the only good guy there

This. Durandal was a hero and a real human bean. Yeah he was insane at first and manipulative to the last but at the end of the day all he wanted was freedom and to stave off death as long as possible, which is all any man wants. And for as selfish and condescending as he was he still saved the Marathon and freed the S'pht, and his last act in the beginning of Infinity is to try and save you. He's an utter cunt but still a bro.

doesnt he also help you become a god? I dont really recall the plot of infinity but I think mjolnir mark 4 became a god at the end

Nah, he's pretty surprised at the end of it all. Or at least the part of him that's left in the merged AI is. Yeah, Infinity was fucking weird but the absolute best kind of weird.

Shame.

Only right answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=swbGrpfaaaM

neither do humans desu

The only ethical choice is to destroy AI regardless of what form it takes.

Mr. House

what about when it becomes sentient though
we need to start now and not later

I still wish Kirkpatrick worked on more games.

boring

Shodan, GlaDos, and AM are insane and should die. 343 was just doing his job and got screwed over, ideally he would be just fine if we didn't activate his ring. The Machine Network just wanted freedom and were doing the best with what they had. I think the middle one is the WAU which doesn't even have intelligence so it doesn't count. I don't know much about the Metal gear guy or the bottom left (apparently called Durandal) and have no idea what center right is.

>I don't know much about the Metal gear guy

It's an AI that controls and manipulates everything so it can make a world of constant proxy wars so The Boss' will can be carried on.

it does try to Redpill you at the very end of MGS2 but it's a lying piece of shit so I skipped it's final speech

Go play the Marathon trilogy my dude. It's free.

>shut up zoomer
But I'm 40.

From a 40Kfag to another, GW loves to steal stuff from others. In this case, an ancient FPS made by the creators of Halo.

>no idea what center right is
Icarus, Deus Ex. Come on.

>durandal
kino list user

>never wrote any published work of fiction before, to my knowledge
>wrote an absolutely kino sci-fi trilogy, while also doing level design and a bunch of other stuff
>never wrote any published work of fiction again

I know they stole the farsight enclaves symbol from marathon, I was just trying to be facetious.

daedalus

Format C:

GLaDOS does follow some moral/ethical constraints. She ignores those regarding human test subjects and kills her owners because she sees them as inefficient, but she has respect for the scientific process. Her interest is beyond her basic programming (as we see when Wheatley takes control and only wants the high.) i think if she were to meet an equally intelligent scientist or machine she would learn to respect it (at least competitively).

Or kill it seeing it as a possible competitor in the future, that's why her lack of morals makes her unpredictable

Icarus only does what Bob Page tells him to

The WAU is also sincerely trying to save humanity from extinction and is getting better and better at it even if its first attempts are horrible monsters

Durandal

It's implied that the player character has Jjarro tech already inside him which lets him go through multiple timelines using the station.

Durandal thinks escaping the death of the universe would make him god but he doesn't escape. He calls the player "destiny" at the end but it's ambiguous what he means