The Next Metal Gear

Want it or not, MG will continue without Kojima. Survive was just a minor spin off, and the MG staff since worked on no games, and some old Kojipro staff who left the compagny before (like Kazunobu Uehara, the main programmer of the first 3 MGS game, who had left just after MGS4.) also returned at Konami. MG also is the second most succesful franchise of Konami, surpassing even Power Pros who is very popular in japan.

So, what would you want for the next MG? Remake? New game? Reboot?

As for me, i would like a new game between MGS1-2/MGS2-4
Solid Snake, simple story, no bullshit, similar to Ghost Babel (but canon.)
Gameplay could be some kind of mix of the old gameplay and the one introduced in V.
or a Metal Gear Liquid in the gulf war.

Also, for any user "muh pachinko", they are not made by the vidya team, and the market is completely failling to the point when Konami don't even care about them anymore.
and for the "muh survive" user, survive is a stand alone expansion of V and never was a big project, even the producer said it wasn't the future of MG in any way.

Attached: newMG.jpg (500x297, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fregObNcHC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's the top 3 franchise of Konami digital entertainement as of some month ago, like i said before, MG is the second one.

Attached: money.png (845x153, 23K)

Kojima was never the mastermind behind Metal Gear. He's a face. He's George Lucas.

i dont, so...

Metal gear won't die user. so it's better to ask for a perticular game.
if we are lucky maybe the devs at Konami would listen, they aren't bad guys and surely talented.
i'm sure a great MG can happen even without Kojima, and i'm still hopeful for the future.
I'm curious about DS, and a little cautious. but MG can live even without Kojima, i'm sure of that.

>without Kojima

Attached: Metal Gear Solid 6 - Death Stranding.jpg (1240x1920, 280K)

This is gonna be filled with so much ham-fisted imagery

Cool

MGR2 or a remake please. (MG1-2 if possible, but we all knows it will be MGS1 or MGS3, maybe both.)
i'm open for a true MGS6 in the future, but not now.

What else? Are you an insider leak?

I'm inside Kojima's ass, but there's nothing leaking.

>Want it or not, MG will continue without Kojima.

Yeah, as Pachislot. Like it or not, Konami doesn't make video games anymore.

First Boss's past (wwII)
Also nice digits

Pachinki are dead in Japan. most of the locations actually closed beside the main one. konami literally only did 3 pachinkos of unknown franchise since 2 years.
the pachinko meme of konami from 2014-2016 is now dead, but people don't want to see that for some reason.

as for vidya, they literally recruited some team members and added a new studio last year.

Trip of truth.

An expanded remake of the Msx games would be the best way to win people back since they are a vital point in lore that many fans missed not to mention they are closest to MGSV on the timeline

MGSV-2, or something like "MGSV: the lost chapter"
cut / unused content of MGSV restored + new content, maybe with the true big boss, leading to MG1.

>cobra unit
This is happening in November. The ruse is real.
Remember that MGSV was just a redux of MGS2.

PROLOGUE CHAPTER
-snake returns
-infiltrates united states property in storm at night
-scarred woman with short blond hair and uncertain alliances
-cowboy sadist and helicopter team control the event
-emmerich trusts anonymous source and mission goes awry
-explosions cause sinking where powerful ai hides below
-snake is branded a terrorist and presumed dead

MAIN CHAPTER
-"snake" returns for mission on orange hex plant
-player asked to input identity in tutorial stage
-cowboy sadist returns and orchestrates a plot
-powerful female sniper living a curse
-story explores topic of child soldiers
-encounter ai constructed by emmerichs relation (deceased)
-player led to question reality of narrative
-liquid snake escapes with metal gear in cliffhanger ending
-players identity from tutorial is referenced in conclusion
-true snake leaves you with inspirational message
-final recording of ocelot revealing intentions

Considering Kojima-logic, it stands to reason that the sequel will not follow up on the cliffhanger ending, but instead be a prequel that visits the previous generation and the origin story of previous boss.

"I'll show you the real thing soon, I promise."

death stranding isn't MG user. it just can't be it.
why would Kojima not even use the fox engine?

Another big huge hint is the importance of whales and caesarean scars in MG and DS. And hands everywhere.

Hidden in the texture files for Paz in MGSV is the S / snake-shaped scar that the boss got in Normandy.

If Olga and Paz are Prologue-parallels, then Paz had her child stolen by the "lalilulelo" too. Skullface (and Miller) removed her child and replaced her guts with two bombs - two "children" in her phantom womb. The stolen child got the nickname "Third Child"

Nine years later, when we see a nine-year old mantis for the first time in the hospital, he appears in front of an elevator at floor "G" (in this case it would be floor "zero") then the elevator rises through 1, 2, and then explodes at 3. A reference to the missing third chapter called "Peace".

Attached: 1519720140412.png (873x694, 390K)

>(and Miller)
It's confirmed that both the Japanese and English voice actors for Kaz were specifically used for the "Give her the shot already!" line in Ground Zeroes.

Oh yeah, and please forget about Zadornov completely. He's not important at all.

between him and cold hotman....PW really had some lame antagonist beside the AI pod.

Attached: What was his name again.jpg (2000x2000, 163K)

Attached: Ruler Of Peace.jpg (662x510, 264K)

You mean mobage

Attached: Moby Dick Studio.jpg (1066x353, 242K)

Still not buying it

>and the MG staff since worked on no games
you didnt watch the metal gear rising documentary did you?
the staff is completely fucked when it comes to making a game

5 MG games happened in the past on mobile, none worked and konami knows it.

user, MGS:R was canceled because all the big guys were already on V and Kojima didn't wanted to help the team who was almost only young team members.
now the team is made of young and old members.

Don't forget PT is part of this as well.

>PT
>available for nine months
>konami referred to it as the "embyronic" project
>references dead baby and umbilical cords
>GDT called his and kojima's "brainchild"
>GDT shown in DS with scar around head
>compared to the caesarean-type scar on reedus
>origin story of MGS is centered around stealing a baby (ocelot) via caesarean section during d-day in normandy
>DS shows cesarean scars, stolen babies, and normandy
>MGSV is a parallel of MGS2
>short blond haired woman in prologue chapter is pregnant and has her child stolen
>texture file for Paz buried in MGSV features the S-shaped caesarean scar that the boss had
>TPP takes place 9 years after GZ
>mantis is 9 in TPP
>when we first see mantis, the elevator is at Ground / Zero floor
>goes up through 1 and 2, then explodes at 3.
>TPP, PT, and the kojima/konami split are all part of a meta narrative based around the origin of psycho mantis
>big boss and kojima are both off creating their true masterpiece in secrecy
>mads (dressed like kojima) says "i'll show you the real thing soon, i promise"

nah
death stranding is just the ideas that kojima wanted to use for silent hills and the next MG

Are you saying even blatant Konami employees like the OP of this thread are part of the ruse that Death Stranding is not Metal Gear? Am I being rused right this second?

Attached: put it in google images.png (741x529, 572K)

so that's why he was location scouting in normandy in 2014?

>GIS hints

don't forget to image search paz's prisoner number from ground zeroes.......

my theory is that Kojima knew he was leaving even in 2014.
heck he probably knew Silent hills would never happen because he did everything for the game to end like that, with absolutely nothing done beside PT.

>3 months to go

>no DS gameplay

it's a movie isn't it

Attached: sins of the father.jpg (1000x1000, 749K)

it's guy savage
orrrrrrrr
it's a huge meta version of the sorrow river. your account is linked and everyone you killed in MGSV will be a ghost in DS

guy savage was a murata game, not a kojima game.
and it was actually linked to a cancelled ZOE3.

I thought you were gone for good caramel

>konami releases trailer for new metal gear
>youtube video gets ratio'd hard
>every comment is fuck konami
>game releases, less than 500k sold
>poor reviews
>game is forgotten after a month
>konami shelves mg again

but if it's a walking simulator it's 100% a waste of money.

If it's a proper MG, a remake or a MGR2, i doubt people would go retarded.

Attached: 200px-Raiden_Bomber.png (200x204, 49K)

BRIDGES

Attached: pentagram.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

the only thing that defines a 'proper mg' is kojima making it. konami can't make a proper mg

GB is a proper MG, and it wasn't done by Kojima.
same for PO.
MGRR wasn't done by Kojima and yet was loved.

It's a gas mask

Attached: MSA Ultra-Twin Full Face Respirator.jpg (300x300, 23K)

ghost babel is cool as fuck but it's not a core mg, you can't have a core mg without the kojima weirdness, it needs to have that special sauce

Why are you like this, where did your parents go wrong

Attached: 7B0C63A1-F724-4599-B60C-F86271402AF2.jpg (526x680, 82K)

weird

Attached: the horrors ive caused.png (992x805, 571K)

Why the fuck would i want to play a non-kojima mgs? Deal with it kojima is a big part of what made mgs the way it was, without him the cutscenes and gameplay will not be the same, survivor and twin snakes are prime examples of mgs games not made by kojima, you really want that?

I don't want more Metal Gear Solid.

Konami doesn’t make games anymore, only panchinko machines.

So no matter how much you want it, a new MGS is not happening. Get over it and move on

Attached: 9Metal Gear.jpg (800x600, 132K)

Dear god...

Attached: Homo Mantis.png (1920x1090, 1.78M)

Metal Gear Ac!d 3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops 2 (so I can play MGS on the train)

Attached: SCREAMING.jpg (620x355, 27K)

I want silent hill, just any game you can even outsource it to any dev just put the logo on the cover and i will buy it, please i need to feel something at this point

Attached: AEF81061-FEAC-4CE4-8FB5-0F5BFBB245D8.png (2000x1200, 1.97M)

A reboot
The whole thing is a parody of the series, but played for seriousness
The plot is a mindfuck in the vein of MGS2 and is a deep meta-commentary on greedily milking your franchises with games like this one, that questions the player on his decision to even buy it
Also the main villain is an expy of kojima, and calls himself god

twin snakes changes were asked by kojima you idiot. and survive is a fucking stand alone spin off not a full game. did you act the same when MGA was out?

It doesnt matter who asked for it you “idiot” its who made it that matter because that is where the quality is, fuck off

Metal Gear Liquid with Liquid waking up from a post Shadow Moses coma to - youtu.be/fregObNcHC8

Opening is killing Old Snake, Otacon like the original plan for MGS4 ending, as well as Kojima

PT was a scam.
There was never going to be a Silent Hills.
It was cryptic marketing for Death Stranding.
So was Survive.

Attached: silenthills.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

What am I looking at?

>survive
>foggy upside down worm hole water world
>things "wash up" and things are "stranded"

Attached: metal gear ocelot.jpg (960x960, 73K)

Attached: 2.jpg (600x337, 15K)

MG is the second most selling and succesful franchise of konami, even, surpasing power pro.
saying this is fucking retarded user.

>It doesnt matter who asked for it you “idiot” its who made it that matter because that is where the quality is, fuck off
twin snakes wasn't developed by konami.
this wasn't a MGR2 announcement, even Konami were unaware, it was just plat celebrating the two year anniversary. but a MGR2 isn't out of the question.

Considering we are talking about an artsy huge fan of movies and books, how much of this is headcanon and how much of it can be truth? Is Kojima truly the mastermind this people convey he is?

SH is a complicate franchise. almost every games of the serie almost got canceled. and none of them did good salewise, SH2 was an enormous failure to the point when they almost canceled the franchise.
we just know there was two SH games in production since 2013 + PT. all canceled.