Super Smash Bros...

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the best selling fighting game of all time and can only possibly be topped by another Super Smash bros game.
Thoughts?

Attached: 1564678454377.png (589x346, 293K)

>every character needs to spam jump moves in order to do combos
great design, it's good to have 75% of the character's moves be worthless for attacking

t. Little Mac

It's thanks to not having much competition in the elementary school category.

Ultimate will be Sakurai's last Smash title.

Not sure what's coming after it, but I can almost guarantee it won't be as good.

I don't think Nintendo will let Sakurai pull the plug on Smash.

>Less FE pandering
>Less Kid Icarus pandering
We'll be fine

>it's good to have 75% of the character's moves be worthless for attacking
It's weird because you started talking about smash but then finished with talking about SF

mac nair is actually super useful, can basically just break out of any combo frame 1 and combo into it with no knockback all the way down back to stage then into jab and combo off jab lock or just rapid jab to return to neutral

my god the SFV art style is so disgusting

Attached: 1541496314926.gif (416x410, 876K)

All he has to do is become super invested in another project though. He worked on Kid Icarus Uprising before, who's to say he won't direct one of Nintendo's other flagship series?

Okay but what's stopping Nintendo from continuing the franchise?

>Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the best selling fighting game of all time
Street Fighter II retard.

Holy fuck that roast tho

According to Wikipedia, worldwide sales of home console releases of all versions of SF2 amount to 14.75 million.
Smash Ultimate is at 14.73 million as of June 30th.

Street Fighter II (all versions) was even with Smash months ago by official Capcom and Nintendo numbers.

To be fair you can't really compare the sales, they're two entirely different genres.

>fighting game

Little Mac had a jab infinite, but they just patched it out

LMFAO

SF2 had ridiculously huge arcade sales and revenue on top of that.

Those don't count.

Attached: 30.jpg (623x479, 32K)

Street Fighter also needed to be released on a million different platforms with dozens of versions.

If Sony does a massive crossover 2D fighter with all the major Japanese companies, it might beat smash especially if they get arc systems to make it.
>Sony
Kratos
Nariko
Sweet Tooth
Nathan Drake
>Konami
Raiden
Alucard
Pyramid Head
>Namco
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Heihachi
Jinn
>Capcom
Dante
Jill Valentine
Leon Kennedy
>Square Enix
Sephiroth
Lara Croft
>Tecmo
Ryu Hayabusa
Kasumi
>Sega
Akira
Someone from streets of rage
Someone from Yakuza
>A more to the violent side 2D crossover fighter would destroy smash.

>implying they'll try again after the flop that was PSASBR

Smash has more star power than that x100. In fact, MvC3 has more star power than that and look at how that did.
>Sony doing a 2D fighting game
>The current Sony audience buying it in any significant numbers
lol

Yeah but those are like kids games.
This could actually use blood and more violence.
Starpower is good enough especially considering you haven't really seen these characters all fight against each other.

I don't think so, Smash is Sakurai's baby.
He just needs a change of pace in between Smash titles by working on other projects to keep those creative juices going.

That was a smash a rip off.
user was talking about a 2D fighter that had the same crossover gimmick as smash, so Sony's version would be a traditional fighter while smash/ psasbr are party fighters.

If they're going to do blood then their best bet would be a Mortal Kombat crossover, god forbid.

You're up against shit like Mario, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, pokemon, etc. They've even got Dragon Quest now to gobble up the entirety of Japan.
Any game hoping to have more starpower than smash is doomed to fail.

Is not even the art style, is that stupid engine and the light effect... in literally hits a lot of characters on the face really badly.

A traditional fighter would sell even worse.
They'd be better off making a smash clone. A good one.

Smash needs to stop after Ultimate. It’s perfect now, so why the need to continue? We don’t want another episode 7 scenario or Halo 4

Smash isn't a fighting game

And yet it's the headline prime time game for the biggest fighting game tournament on the planet. Here's your L sweetie

This. Took you long enough, Yea Forums.

still not a fighting game lol

Is that really ken? What the fuck

>last spot
>prime time
Lmao

It's both, some character models look fine and others look off

user this is probably going to shock you, but blood and violence don't automatically equal sales

Smash only needed every famous character in videogame history as an enticement and a small African nation's GDP as a marketing budget.

smash isn't a fighting game

I agree with this, actually. It represents a much better genre than fighting games.

Left: Soul
Right: Soulless

Some characters are developed in house, others outsourced. It shows.

It's probably worth noting that in the case of a Smash game with no Sakurai, a lot of third parties are going away
Sakurai has connections to a lot of people in the industry and the fact that he's such good friends with so many developers is a good part of the reason so many third party characters are in the game
If Sakurai ever leaves, do not expect the Square or Konami characters to return

Why is it the headliner of EVO then?

>not comparing what he looks like in game
He looks like shit, he looks multiple generations behind visually.

Attached: ken.jpg (1280x720, 768K)

He's gotta do something once the smash DLC is done

still better.

>perfect
>no trophies
>no SSE-style adventure mode
ok retard

fucking lol

>"let me cherrypick!"
>still looks better in smash than in sfv

Attached: 1494633446240.gif (239x277, 278K)

>he thinks people besides 9 year olds and man children care about the bing bing wahoo characters
why are all cumbrain nincels so delusional and cringe

Smash is not a fighting game. It's primarily a party game.

Smash isn't a fighting game.

>bing bing wahoo
>cumbrain
>nincel
don't give any more (You)s to this buzzword-spouting faggot

Speak english

samefag shitposter
smash is the most popular fighting game, cope harder autismo

That's exactly what Ken is supposed to look like. What's the problem? Am I supposed to be counting polygons?

Are you actually 13? No one is going to buy something just because it has more blood than its competitors, this isn't the 90s.

Roasted hard

My mans just burned down King's Landing

Attached: screen-shot-2019-04-23-at-34529-pm-4RGOOv.png (978x532, 772K)

>2010
>"Smash will NEVER be at EVO
>2019
>Smash is the headline game of EVO

take me back

Attached: 1564072260908.gif (495x369, 338K)

It's a popular party game. Same way Mario Kart is a party game and not a racing sim.

Seriously, what a disgusting art style

MvC3 was the backbone of the FGC for 5 fucking years

Nintendo will unironically claim all those characters for Smash before Sony even considers giving a crossover fighter another shot after the embarrassment of pic related.

Attached: 8141VaCJkwL._SX385_.jpg (385x444, 46K)

The FGC does not and has not ever mattered

Smash already had two appearances at EVO before 2010, though.
>It's a party game because Nintendo made it!

It and SFxT also destroyed all the consumer good will built by SFIV.

Ok, but try telling that to them.

A 1v1 fighting game will never come close to Smash Bros. Marvel vs Capcom cast but with Power Stone gameplay.

SFxT is shit but at least it gave us the best Juri of all time

Attached: file.png (750x400, 487K)

Was that really the best roster you could come up with? People will really be lining up down the block to play as fucking Nariko.

Wern't the the models just ripped from SFIV with a filter on them?

I'm scared they'll beat me up and call me the n-word

God, snoys are so fucking embarrassing.

Attached: 15482930175823.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>This could actually use blood and more violence

Attached: 1563467272385.png (714x800, 73K)

Doesn't Smash have, like, triple the entrants of SFV?

Doesn't help that SFV is the worst SF game since the original Alpha.

Are you actually 12?
Hold on, you're a Sony fanboy, so you probably are.

Let me just dust off this ol' chestnut.

Attached: 1498319745788[1].jpg (280x210, 23K)

>Sweet Tooth
>Not Aloy

Ok grandpa

Smash is not a fighting game

The poster above me is objectively correct

this guys looking real feminine

Samefag

BASED

>pick a stage
>pick a fighter
>load in
What comes after that user? What do the characters do?

Perform tasks for points on a scoreboard like a party game.

If it helps you sleep at night

Attached: dfhfdh.jpg (625x363, 33K)

or a fighting game

fighting games you just beat opponent until the match is over, in smash you could die at the end and still win the match, it's not the same, it's a party game.

NOT

A

FIGHTING

GAME

>in smash you could die at the end and still win the match
why are you bringing up a 2 second window like that somehow exemplifies the game?

>you could die at the end and still win the match

??????

Enjoy watching the Mortal Kombat finals on Saturday.

>fighting games you just beat opponent until the match is over
So like smash? You know, stock mode? The mode that 99.99999% of everyone uses?

Smash has so viciously usurped the fighting game genre that it's cannibalizing other games of their characters!

Attached: Nintendo Power.png (936x534, 186K)

What the fuck is the definition of a party game?

Mortal Kombat is a real fighting game, and set to overtake smash brothers in terms of lifetime sales this year, a game made on a lower budget, with a significantly smaller marketing budget.

stock is not the games standard mode, stock is an extra mode.

Im very happy with ultimate, for the next console could they just port ultimate with everyone in it and then say we will put 5 new characters base game and 5 more dlc

Attached: DdZWjmQUwAAvOzK.jpg (1200x1036, 429K)

>set to overtake smash brothers in terms of lifetime sales this year
he's lost it

I don't know anyone that considers it a fighting game. It is a party game.

Hi SonicFox.

Mortal Kombat 11 is already this years best selling game, hasn't had a christmas period and has been selling consistently better than Smash post launch, it's going to do it, you people need to learn your place.

That's what happens when you hire an outside party to make your models.

>I don't know anyone
you could have stopped there

>has been selling consistently better than Smash post launch
I yes, I would like to see these numbers you're talking about.

I unironically liked SFXT, and played it a lot with my younger brothers when it came out, why does the game get such a bad rap? On-Disc DLC can't be the only reason it has such backlash, was it the Pandora System?

Attached: D I V O R C E.png (177x176, 66K)

Theres no footsies in smash. Its not a fighting game.

pay to win gems. the game was fine, i had a blast playing fatass mega man

i fucking love that game so much. i have 999 ranked every character except emmet and zeus, max rank black belts in every online queue, over a 1000 hours played easily. the game is great, the crippling bugs and people reeeing about it not being like smash is why it is hated

Untrue, I main Wii Fit

both models are shit.
only difference is Smash ken has far worse clipping in all his animations.

Attached: c_ken.jpg (350x450, 18K)

trash ultimate models are such low poly garbage.

The gem system killed it competitively. Not to mention, the online was considerably worse than IV

I'm not talking about visually, user. Her moveset and combo potential was godly

but this is completely backwards. of course the smashbabs in nintendogaf find this funny. smash bros is literally all about spamming your 2 or 3 good moves in "neutral" which are usually aerials. sfv you have to use all of your moves and very few are only mid combo tools or only combo enders.

Why is the traditional fighting game community so autistic that they won't accept Smash Bros as a fighting game lol.

Attached: 3eb8c0594681aa24118741f0b2d90e7f512d7a5e_hq.gif (720x540, 2.71M)

its not. did you forget Hero was added? literal rng character?

Why is the smash community so autistic that they pester the FGC to acknowledge them lol

Ultimate isn't going to get a sequel. There's nowhere to go from it now.
It's the culmination of Smash as we know it.

All it will get now will be enhanced ports with more content, but as base game, Smash has peaked.

I don't play these smelly fighting games, I just think the butthurt on your side is funny.

Post games that arent fighting games according to this user

Attached: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.jpg (761x1076, 413K)

we've heard this before. theres good and bad and inbetween ways to do rng.

>HIGH POLY GOOD
>GOOD CHARACTER DESIGN AND COLOR BAD

Yet still better than SFV, really tells ya something.

How is Hero bad RNG?

outcome of the match hinges too much on RNG and discourages intelligent decision making and risk/reward analysis

>pester
Smash has taken over the scene and shifted the conversation enough to where it is featured at the same events. I imagine back in the early 90s there were idiots like you saying SFII wasn't a fighting game because it wasn't a 1:1 copy of Yie Air Kung Fu or some shit. Embrace change or struggle meaninglessly.

alright shitter

t. never touched sfv and plays smash with items on
I've played both and have seen plenty of tournament play of both.

Smash is not a fighting game. It's a party game. The people that play Smash don't play SF or Guilty Gear. They play other Nintendo party games such as Mario Kart and Mario Party. Smash being a party game is not something that's bad. I don't mind these social games when drinking with friends. However it cannot be compared to fighting games.

>Ryu and Ken are based on the Street Fighter IV designs because even Sakurai knows Capcom fucked up with 5

Why not?

You have to manage your mana through the match, and decide what spells call for the situation, and decide when it’s safe to use the menu.

It deviates too hard from genre conventions and has party influences like the ones found in other Nintendo party games.

I play SG, and UNIST in Yea Forums lobbies, what games do you play?

Because it maintains a good amount of players?

Smash ultimate models are rough and ugly as fuck. here I fixed Ken for you.
Stupid Nintendo outsourcing to third-worlders for models.

Attached: Ken fixed.png (589x346, 163K)

It's a fighting game but in a sub genre such as platform fighter
No one calls the new kill la kill game a fighting game but an arena fighter like the naruto games or whatever
Same shit

>making him look more like a generic anime character
jesus christ there are already enough of those faggots in smash. ken and SF characters are supposed to be more stylized and have large emphasis on certain features. Kens chin is great the way it is.

Nah, Smash characters have so few moves that they need to utilize all. I can explain the purpose of every move my main has if you want me to.

i played the hell out of slap city and it still isn't a fighting game lol

Attached: 1551215190567.png (312x392, 79K)

ken is a pretty boy

Fucking fags

This. Smash gets such a great rep because nintendo console owners don't really have a good selection of games that reward skill. Nintendo loves to make casual party games where winning and losing is random because they don't want anyone to feel bad. If you look at tournament entrants, smash players have the lowest proportion of players who play multiple fighting games, and i mean extremely low and far lower than where the proportions for other fighting games lie.

Not in neutral, retard. they are used in a fucking flowchart. you use a few moves for "neutral" and a few for ledgeguarding and a couple for recovery

>generic anime character
it's another 'Yea Forums calls every stylized character who isn't ugly anime'.

Attached: Its uncanny.png (589x346, 242K)

its not style when its all the same style

>This could actually use blood and more violence.
Holy shit the edge, and you're talking about kid games? Wanting cheap blood and gore is literally the definition of being childish.

fighting game?

On a scale between "Mario Kart is not a racing game" and "Splatoon is not a shooter", Smash is far closer to the latter than the former.

same style as what?

>it's good to have 75% of the character's moves be worthless for attacking
>It's weird because you started talking about smash but then finished with talking about SF
>but this is completely backwards. smash bros is literally all about spamming your 2 or 3 good moves in "neutral"
Nice job moving the goalposts, but it still doesn't hold for my main.
t. Sheik player

>I fixed Ken for you
>I

>having twatter
>sharing a screenshot of your own twatter-post instead of just sharing the original pic
>twice
Fuck off, bitch

Meant for

>smash
>fighting Game

>Hey guys looks at me look how retarded I am.
>i didn't even see the OP.

that post doesn't even make sense. no goal posts were moved.

Yes, because you changed the argument from "75% of moves are useless" to "75% of moves are useless in neutral", and even that isn't true.

>he thinks we're talking about poly count and not character design

What the fuck is wrong with SFV? It has to be the worst looking Capcom game right now.

are you implying this is somehow a good thing that smash gameplay is more like a flowchart where you only use a small subset of moves depending on if you are in neutral or comboing or recovering?

>In-game graphics vs promotional render proves that graphics matter above all else in a fighting game for some reason
Get dabbed on, brainlet.

user, just because Smash has a party mode doesn't mean it can't be a fighting game when it has a fighting game mode with stocks and such. Stop being a moron and just use your brain.

Smash is more of a fighting game than street fighter is. What now, faggot?

Sorry, kid. Smash looks better in gameplay too.

Actually it’s comparing Street Fighter to Smash Ultimate designs for the same character. Smash is a more traditional Ken while the new SF looks horrendous.

Neutral air is actually frame 2.

user, I play Smash and Tekken and win tournaments on both, if anything, I can't understand what people find so good in SF, since it having such basic movement options kills the joy for me

looks like white little mac with a wig.

the older games were fun because the limited movement made fireballs and spacing interesting

>not being able to enjoy SF because you are too much of a brainlet to understand it and think its shallow and need the game to have easy ways to improve like memorizing tekken block strings
lol just lol

You just made me realise why Smash's zoners like Samus and Zelda are consistently shit.

It cant be the best selling fighting game if its not a fighting game.

Are you even reading what I'm saying? Moves have lots of different utility depending on what % your opponent has, which hitbox you hit your opponent with, your own momentum in the case of aerials, stage positioning and so on. It's not just "nair is my spacing tool and dthrow is my combo starter"

>Zelda
>zoner
Samus is shit in later games because she's fucking trash up close. She's good in Melee, just not viable at a top level of play

>It's not just "nair is my spacing tool and dthrow is my combo starter"
funny because thats exactly what it is. then you combo people with utilt and uair

Maybe some characters, but I keep away from low IQ fighters.

>Ultimate will be Sakurai's last Smash title
Melee, Brawl and 4 were Sakurai's last Smash games too

Smash isn't a fighting game though

>no footsies in smash
>”people just jump around in neutral with safe moves”

You people are retarded aincha?

>mfw smash players call casuals "friendlies"
>mfw smash players call mirror matches "dittos"
>mfw smash players call footsies "spacing"
>mfw smash players call recovery frames "endlag"
>mfw smash players call mixups "messy guessies"
>mfw smash players call landing frames "landlag"
>mfw smash players call team matches "crew battles"
>mfw smash players call grab punish "shield grab"
>mfw smash players call side switches "crossups"
>mfw smash players call meaties "late hits"
>mfw smash players call blockstrings "shield combos"
>mfw smash players call reversals "out of shield options"
>mfw smash players call a series of unchallenged hits "combos"
>mfw smash players call strings "natural combos"
>mfw smash players call actual combos "cheap"
>mfw smash players call any stage that isn't flat a "One Two banneroo"
>mfw smash players call top players "gods"
>mfw smash players call zoning "spam"
>mfw smash players call money matches "cash battles"
>mfw smash players call button checks "handwarmers"
>mfw smash players call Ike "Swordman"
>mfw smash players call Link "Swordman"
>mfw smash players call Marth "Swordman"
>mfw smash players call okizeme "tech chasing"
>mfw smash players call showers "yearlies"
>mfw smash players call a main a "bestie"
>mfw smash players call a sub a "nextie bestie"

Attached: smashguide.png (799x775, 583K)

>zooms so scared they want to talk shit without being seen

>best selling fighting game
Wouldn't that be Pokemon, GTAV or World of Warcraft or something?

what other game even has stage spikes? i guess wallbounces are a little similar, ouchie slam works for that too.

>Enhanced ports with more content
I'm fine with that if it means more characters being added to Ultimate.

But I just wrote I do understand it. I just find the lack of moving options not interesting, since it makes it less possible to avoid and counter, you can only parry and counter and that's it.

Let me correct you.
It's a fighting party game, unique in its own genre, and it's impossible to perfectly recreate on other consoles with other characters. Look at PS All-Stars or DreamMix TV World Fighters. Or even CN Punch Time Explosion. The only good thing they did was to mix together the worlds, but not in a way that felt cohesive.
Smash is unique and there is no stopping it.
And yes, it may be the first Ninty game where you have to use your skills.
This guy explains it.