Did I ruin morrowind for myself?

I began playing as a dunmer melee fighter and got to cassius cossades where he told me to go quests. I joined the fighers guild and got so addicted doing their duties that I finished all of their quests back to back. I had 90,000 gold and a daedra dai-katana by the end of this and am just destroying everything, training all my skills very high and turning well rounded with what feels like infinite gold. It feels incredibly easy besides having to read and look for things, will this game feel harder later or did I become overpowered for all content?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UobmRY-c6HkjSwBMxUGMKRTNANURMbifr3LYRnucN_c/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No idea but there is a TES general in /vg/ maybe ask there
Replying to bump an actual videogame thread

Morrowind is designed to make you stupidly over powered.

I can understand why its so much preferred by oldfags over oblivion or skyrim now, but I am seriously bored.

It does get a little harder later but you end up pretty overpowered no matter what you do if you finish a guild or house questline. You can try turning up the difficulty a bit in options.

You did exactly what Caius told you to do, established a cover identity and earned resources and skills to help your mission.

>I had 90,000 gold
Were you using Creeper?

There are many overpowered characters in Tribunal and Bloodmoon that they goona kick your ass.

Yes, is this cheating?

Haha what do you think? Of course. That said, you can break Morrowind in many ways because it doesn't limit you.

But Creeper is definitely the easy way to do it as well, since it allows you to just train everything and min-max more easily because gold is no longer ever a concern

Sort of. It gives you a lot more gold than you would normally be able to get. I think the most an NPC has is around 2k gold while Creeper has 5k, and Creeper always gives you maximum value for everything.

Mudcrab Merchant gives max worth and has 10k but is a bit more of a hassle to find for newer players.

>90k
come back when you have 3 million
>still on Vivec Informants

Attached: 20190801212415_1.jpg (1024x768, 165K)

that's what Mark is for

Welcome to Morrowind.
You will end up OP unless you work to not be.
It isn't easy.

and Oblivion despite its shit level system, and Skyrim for fucking sure due to OP perks. Nothing to say of the Fallout bullshit.

>when you think you were just grinding, doing side-quests and fucking around, but you were fulfilling the prophecy all along!

Attached: mfw.jpg (1280x720, 271K)

pretty sure hes a pseudo cheat as he doesn't check the players speech or mercantile skills when making deals.

Remember you can put the difficulty slider on maximum if you havnt already, pretty sure that just ups the stats of enemies.

>cassius cossades
brainlet detected

how the fuck can you even carry that much weight?

Prob either potions or Corprus.
Anyway I love using Creeper to train all my skills. It’s not like he can buy every item type. You can just as easily do the fortify intelligenxe potions trick and get just as much gold.

Also Creeper is canon, Barbas mentions making deals with orcs and mortals in the form of a scamp in later games.

This is my first character ever, been exploring and doing as much side shit as possible, fun game, going in blind and using no guides/google for anything makes it more fun.

Attached: 20190801171525_1.jpg (1366x768, 146K)

based user, which factions have you joined?

I joined the Mage's guild since my character is more magic-based.
Then joined the fighter's guild but I didn't advance too much in it.
Found about the houses later on, joined the Telvanni because they seemed to be all about magic (and I was right) even though I've been "roleplaying" a bit as a guy that tries to rescue every slave I encounter.
Became a mouth and got myself a cool stronghold.
One slave I rescued told me something about the twin lamps, which I am trying to find because they seem to be about rescuing slaves too.

been having the urge to recreate my Dark Elf spear wielding light armor alchemist ranger and you are not helping based user

The character I made is a short sword - conjuration/destruction Breton.
Got a bit of resto in it for some buffs and heal here and there, pretty much picked every school of magic as secondaries, and conjuration/destruction as major skills. went full STR/INT/AGI in every level up.
Feels good to be able to snipe Cliff races before they see me.
So I guess I am a spellsword, I enjoy it a lot.
Old pic of days ago.

Attached: 20190730030949_1.jpg (1366x768, 176K)

I focused on spears and conjuration entirely as my swamp wizard til i got the daedric crescent, just about to become telvanni archmage. Acrobatics was my first stat maxed

Sniping cliff racers is so fun. I’m the swamp guy, I love levitating and flying over the mountains and dropping fireball mortars and lightning storms over the cliffracers before they even get a chance to skree.

that is a cool aesthetic i love morrowind armors

I enjoy it a lot too

Attached: 20190801002009_1.jpg (1366x768, 275K)

Enchanting is a lot of fun in this game. Making a living god with permanent levitation/telekinesis, extremely high stamina/health regeneration who can fire magic death rays that obliterate anyone in my path is extremely satisfying.

This is the best way to play morrowind. The build up to it is always my favorite though. I usually start off stealing the pawnshop in Balmora, what are some other good starting places to go after Seyda Neen instead of Balmora? I love Sadrith Mora but I’ve had enough of it.

>Did I ruin morrowind for myself
of course not, that's how you're meant to play it. now do tribunal and see how you go with gaenor and the goblins

Attached: 1530983617972.gif (500x500, 1.99M)

Sneed

Not in any way

Attached: 1563042021044.png (968x726, 611K)

See how you go with the bugged lich in the plague side quest

Attached: 1448426853039.jpg (160x160, 4K)

Sneed?

maybe with the dlcs but by then you will become even more powerful, it's just inevitable with every tes

Except Oblivion unless you only level like your strength and endurance. Depending on what i wana level up i find oblivion difficulty kinda jumps around

What custome spells do you guys use?
So far all I've made is an absorb health and a frost aoe.

same but I had a dunmmer mage build so I went to the mages guild , now as of the main quests I have finished the one where you ask 3 informants in Vivec and I am lvl 12-13 maybe ,100 destruction about 41k gold selling weapons in vivec for that 8k and im using the deadric crescent so my long sword is at 58 or something

HOUSE TELVANNI REALLY ROCKS

TELVANNI IS THE HOUSE TONIGHT

If you found him yourself it’s fine, but if you read up ides and shit and meta’d the game the first time you played it, you’re a dumb fucking faggot.

Does Morrowind have level scaling like Oblivion and Skyrin?

Yeah

You're playing as intended.

lame

THIS

No, it has some mob spawns that pull from a random level-based list, so at level 5 that point spawns a rat, but at level 10 it spawns a rat or a blighted rat, and so on. Actual rats will never be stronger because of your level like in latter games.

it's far less prevalent. there are plenty of areas that will kill you off the bat

Not really. Daedric shrines get tougher enemies in them, and some Daedra can be found in the wild at higher levels, but humanoid NPCs have fixed stats & equipment. The weaker enemies don't all go away because you reach a certain level, unlike Oblivion where weak ones are completely removed and replaced with strong ones

the best way to avoid getting too powerful too fast in this game is to play a pure mage. you can get pretty fucking powerful, but you'll never get full daedric armor, perma-staggering enemies with the fang of hablalbablybyllynet powerful (gets old real fast)

also you're not allowed to make potions yourself or enchant anything. loser

No you actually did it the hard way, the correct way to play morrowind is thus:
1. Be a breton and pick atronach, get as much endurance and luck starting as you can.
2. Pick magic skills as your primary skills
3. Do not use magic skills at all yet!
4. Steal and loot around the starting area untill you have a bit of cash
5. Travel to caldera, and go to the mage guild. In the tower is a full set of unguarded master level alchemy aparatuses. Steal it.
6. Go to balmora, go ahead and talk to the spymaster guy to get your bed unlocked.
7. Go to the mage guild, join it
8. Go to the alchemy ingredient seller and do the alchemy ingredient bug where you buy ingredients then rest untill the merchant refreshes stock, then sell the ingredients back. This permanently increases the ingredients that merchant has. Now buy the full stack again, rest untill it has restocked the new full stack size, and sell back to increase it further. Do this a few times untill there are huge stacks of alchemy ingredients used to make basic potions.
9. Make potions with the master alchemy stuff, and sell the potion for money to various merchants around town, buy more ingredients, sell more stuff, repeat.
10. Use your now massive wealth to buy skill training in skills of the apropriate types to get desired stat multipliers. Remember, max endurance first! You can easily control your level up speed by making low magika spells of desired scools. To regain magicka as an atronach make a short duration ancestrial spirit spell, summon it and punch it so it attacks you. Try to fine tune it so the duration is only as long as it takes for it to launch its initial guarenteed magic attack at you. This gives you a way to restore your magicka.
11. Continue controlling your levleup with magic schools while making money selling alchemy potions and buying skill training to get the appropriate modifiers to 5x on levelup (remember to max endurance asap!). Do this untill every stat is maxed.

This is a hold up. Give me 100 gold right now and I'll let you live.

Attached: average oblivion bandit.jpg (427x533, 72K)

12. Buy/steal some grand soul gems and make yourself a 90% sancuraty set of clothing (not 100%, that would be too cheesy). Also useful is +speed.

You can now leave town and fight a mudcrab.

I reccomend getting azuras star early on and enchanting a daedric sword with good damage and a 1 second life leech, this will ensure you can one/two shot everything in the game and when it dies its soul will be captured in azuras star letting you refill the charges.

You can now enojy morrowind.

GIVE ME 10 GOLD

Attached: bandit leader oblivion.png (300x500, 307K)

Getting op is really only a problem for niggers who look up guides on playing the game. Outside alchemy, you’re not very likely to have the gold or knowledge of master trainers to train yourself up fast enough to get op too early without prior knowledge of the game. Alchemy isn’t an issue anyway, since you need time to find and figure out the ingredients and you’re not going to focus on it without knowing how abusable it is.

then finish all the quests and get all the gear, morrowind is a game about looting and reading, quests serve both these ends

if you had been bored by the lore or the loot, you would have already quit

true, that method i posted is more of a thing for veterans... next time i play (with openMW) i'm gonna make a mod which instantly kills you if you equip any alchemy equipment

They’re just robbing you out of their addictive habit.
Killing Dremora Lords just doesn’t give them the dopamine fix.

>*mehrunes dagon spawns on the mortal plane*
>AT LAST I AM FREE. EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD WILL KNOW MY WRATH
>oh my god, is there any price that will stop this madness?
>THREE HUNDRED SEPTIMS

Attached: oblivion dagon.jpg (800x600, 78K)

Wish I hadn't read so many elder scrolls threads before playing this, I already knew half the meta shit before I even bought the game.

Post good Morrowind mods. I need a good list

docs.google.com/document/d/1UobmRY-c6HkjSwBMxUGMKRTNANURMbifr3LYRnucN_c/edit

>virgin mods: tamriel rebuilt, trainwiz, uvirith's legacy, rise of house televanni
>chad mods: the horror mod, clockwork tower, wizards island, the battlespire, ravenloft, balmora underworld, suran underworld, MORROWLAND (caution advised, not normie material)

Attached: 1562399993059.jpg (859x960, 218K)

Dude, you can start "destroying everything" a lot earlier and even with less effort. It's fine.

Stop playing a bad game like Morrowind and play Daggerfall instead, it's much more fun

>ravenloft
...the DnD setting?

>telling lies on the internet
user, how could you?

The whole poiny of morrowind is trying to win with a shit character. Make a stealthy archer/mage hybrid Orc or something and try and use your powers of persuasion

Even at max difficulty this game becomes a joke past level 8 or so.
I had like 300k at certain points, didn't do alchemy either.. the game shits out glass and daedric stuff you can sell off for 8k to the archery trainer lady in vivec if you don't wanna use creeper / mudcrab

Go to the abandoned Ebony Mine near Balmora and tak ebony from it. You'll have lots of cash from selling it, then talk with Hlaalu representative and she'll guide you to the weird Hlaalu guy in Vivec who offers daedric weapon of choice for the mine's location.

>morrowland
gr8b8 mate

Attached: GodIsDead.jpg (1280x960, 128K)

Morrowind ruined itself

>kill god
>only get 515 exp

You're lucky to get that much for killing something that isn't real.

Oh yeah, it's that mod with pile of heads.

Nope. Even then without even trying I was making spells that killed 90% of what I saw within 2 casts.

Now make new characters, fighter is easy mode
Play some other factions
Play some mods

And this

Attached: Morrowland027.jpg (1600x900, 421K)

Yes.

>The Beggining

Is that like an epic amount of begging? Like if someone starts dropping steam keys on Yea Forums or something?

But everything ranged is even easier mode because the AI is so shit that half the time they won't be able to even reach you

1pt levitate on target for x seconds

hit a cliff racer and it will remove its flying, also reduces run speed to a crawl

Resist magic 150pt for 1sec (I play altmer) for boots of blinding speed equip, Open 100 pts for doors, bunch of mass AE destruction spells, mostly lightning since fire and frost get reduced by races like dungmer, levitate 1pt for 60s for mostly vivec and other locations that are ass to navigate

Attached: 1542996210356.jpg (368x170, 33K)

every elder scrolls game is broken in some dumb way, in morrowinds case enchanted items can make you an immortal asshole with infinite everything.

Imperials and Altmer are natural enemies. Like Dunmer and Nords! Or Dunmer and Argonians! Or Dunmer and Orcs! Or Dunmer and Dunmer! Damn Hlaalu, they ruined Morrowind!

Attached: 1564446432995.png (873x815, 847K)

>Graphic Herbalism but not the MWSE version

Both give max value, mudcrab is just even more cheaty because he's harder to find unless you specifically know about him or are just really lucky

That's the way most morrowind 1st playthroughs go. The wprld rewars exploring so you explore a lot.
The main quest has some good writing and story, some monsters in the Bloodmoon DLC fight back hard if you want harder enemies to fight

That's what the artificial difficulty slider in the options is for. When you can't take damage anymore and you destroy everything in one hit, you know you're playing on a setting that's too easy. I know this almost sounds like level scaling but what can you do?

No it doesn't.

>only 69 luck
Plebeian.

>telvanni
>rescuing slaves
lmao, what are you, some kind of pansy abolitionist?

>You dark elves certainly are a contentious people.

DIE FETCHER

>virgin level up three skill attributes per level
>chad level up luck every level

Thinking of doing a purist run, no exploits like speed boots or creeper/mudcrab. What are some other things I should avoid?

Int potion abuse.
Maybe add Golden Saint souls as well unless you absolutely need a permanent enchant on something.

Golden Saint sould should be fine, if he finds them out in the world and doesn't summon them himself.
How about a hand-to-hand run? Your fists naturally have the enchanted/silver property and can hit ghosts.

>unless you absolutely need a permanent enchant on something.
insisting that stamina should only be replenished with potions is just asking for a dick up your ass. You're always traveling to the enemies who will engage you so you're always out of breath and they aren't. You're always traveling to shops and to talk to people so you're always out of breath and fucking up your dicerolls in every skill check. And walking kills you IRL of old age. The first thing you should always do in Morrowind is to find a golden saint soul, get 100000 drakes and buy infinite stamina pants so you aren't wasting your fucking time.

>Became a mouth and got myself a cool stronghold.
>basic ass 1 room stronghold
I grabbed a tower mod for this shit because of how disappointed I was with telvanni's stronghold reward, the mod choices were a couple of town ones or the singular tower one and because who the fuck wants to have a town as a loner orc wizard I chose the tower one.
The mod was a massive clusterfuck of typos and shit so I had to fix all of that up myself, I love it though especially considering it requires levitate to live in properly and looks really cool.
Grabbed a slave mod and bought some plus the mod lets you get some telvanni wizards as your apprentices as long as you're 3 ranks higher than them.
It also adds a fast travel to the tower as a daily and general boat travel to get around a little easier.

Attached: telvanni stronghold.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

>infinite stamina pants
>not speedrunning to Mournhold and killing king Hlaalu Helseth for his dope-ass ring

are you having fun?

Based Gedna Relvel bringing back the fear of death to minmaxing faggots.

>needing to speedrun to a DLC that insists on you coming to do it as soon as you can by making assassins wake up you every time you sleep

>not farming assassins for crazy money

They're a free source of income and equipment, and they're a waste of king Helseth's money. Why would I stop them?

Ah yes we've been expecting you

yeah no that's pretty normal
it's really easy to get SUPER OP in Morrowind
that's why I always play wizard, because I can just go absolutely crazy with OP spells

Are throwing daggers worth using?

yes, if you have high STR. At massive STR levels you break weapons in one hit, so having a bunch of throwing weapons is actually better than repairing or breaking out a new weapon after every hit.

This will happen no matter what you do. If you enjoy challenge or a a hint of danger this is not the game for you.
The DLCs add Oblivion style scaling and helps a bit but since it has Oblivions scaling you get the HP bloat. Not as big a deal in Morrowind because there are so many ways to cheese the game compared to Oblivion.