How important is proper use of location and setting when creating a horror game?

How important is proper use of location and setting when creating a horror game?

Pic semi-related, the scariest place on Earth.

Attached: ohio map.jpg (600x400, 43K)

>ohio ^_^

get out weeb

^-^

>scariest

You mean sexiest?

>licking
L-lewd!

Attached: 1562386311381.jpg (599x373, 31K)

I live in Ohio and it isn't scary at all. I live in Akron, right where LBJ grew up in the fucking ghetto. I'm an adrenaline junkie and go sp00k hunting all of the time. Was chased off the road by a herse in Helltown by Boston Mills last year around Halloween but that's pretty much the only cool thing to ever happen. East Liverpool is straight up murderers though so that's fun to hang around at.

Plus East Liverpool has super fun thots because of the stupid shitty """"""""gangs"""""""" LFR and SOSF

>equal number of democrats and republicans
I can see what you think it's scary.

Shit, anons. I think I'm far enough to prepare, how do I?

coming to kick your ass .give me 10 minutes

btw don't you dare mention lebum james (cookie cutter)

>the most standard American state
Ohio has no identity. The people talk like on television and it’s cities are used as test markets because they are so generic and nondescript.

based

they talk correctly and yes we are american unlike other places in the country

No one in Ohio, especially Akron, dislikes LBJ retard. He literally spoiled the fuck out of Akron, won us a chip, created an amazing school, still supports the community constantly, and the Cavs organization is dysfunctional. No one cares he left this time.

Did you guys know America has its own gnome?

Minnesota is the hat
Iowa is the face
Missouri is the shirt
Arkansas is the pants
Louisiana is the horribly grotesque feet

ohio facts: ohio is really flat at the top because once upon a time a glacier came down and was traveling across ohio but halfway through it was like nah fuck this and turned around

fuck off we're full

Attached: 1498193007349.png (1283x794, 1.41M)

He needs to zip his pants

Based, although I'm confused on Wendys and Arbys.

After driving up through Michigan I no longer think our roads are that bad.

Wendy's started in Ohio, dont know the Arby's connection off the top of my head but I'd assume it's the same thing

>fuck PA
Ohio is just an inferior PA

go through fucking barberton and say that
holy shit I think my car literally breaks a piece off every time I drive on Vernon Odom

both of them started in Ohio

That's my fetish.

PA is an inferior nigger Ohio though
Even CLE is getting way better than PA LMFAO

>Touchdown Jesus was struck by lightning and burned until it was a charred skeleton

reminder that wendys is a shitty rip off of a restaurant in lima called kewpee

Baker Mayfield is on a mission from god

Get the fuck outta here, I'm in Tallmadge south of the circle!

Cleveland had the mexican guy who held three woman in a basement for like 4-7 years or some shit and everyone is generally an asshole except black people who are actually pretty alright, but otherwise I move here from Chicago and it's not so bad.

I used to live at Grand Woodlands immediately off South Ave lul

That's because they want your change

Dayton checking in. They’re trying real hard to make this place nice, but the guy Tyrone Biggums is based off still walks the streets and the local grocery is some ghetto shit

Tennessee is the frying pan, and Kentucky is a piece of fried chicken (natch)

Nah, I grew up in not the best neighborhood and my house was the only one never robbed in the 20 years I grew up. From my perspective, it's the white men and women who will fuck you over.

NorthEast Ohio had minor earthquakes recently. Rare though, like once every 7-15 years

Ohio is cute, I love all the giant glacier boulders everyone seems to have

>Ohio is cute
Kawaiio

>live in America
>get gnomed

Toledo reporting. Someone please rescue me.

West Virginia and Louisiana are significantly scarier than Ohio.

Springfield checking in. It's not as bad as everyone says it is. Just steer clear of downtown. Suburbia and country is comfy living.

>comfy places with actual culture
>scarier than ohayou

I was there to donate plasma today. Hope I don't have AIDS now.

I was positive we were talking about President Lyndon B. Johnson for a minute and I was going to say that LBJ wasn't born in Ohio! But now that I know what we're talking about, I'll say that you can go see President James A. Garfield's tomb in Cleveland.

Anyone here live in Lakewood? Anyone want to hit up 16-bit?

Attached: garfield-monument-at-lakeview-cemetary-b9ddb698f6e8ca50_large.jpg (432x648, 96K)

>WV
>Actual culture

Please visit the lovely abandoned and haunted Trans-Alleghenny Lunatic Asylum!

Have fun with the local wildlife, where Mothmen and Flatwoods Monsters roam free!

For real dude Appalachia is like the real world Mirkwood.

>Live in central Kentucky
>Comfyville
>Mint juleps, hot browns and bourbon as far as the eye can see

Attached: comfy-lum.gif (500x333, 1.38M)

All I know about Ohio is it's round on the ends and high in the middle.

Iowa is scarier. People have seen Ohio. I've never met anyone that has been to or is from Iowa. And don't get started on Wyoming or the desert part of Idaho.

These days, it's more high in the southeast.

>no game involving the coverup of the Giants buried in Ohio.

>Living in Ohio on purpose
Hey, make like true Ohioans and fucking get out. Once we pupate and emerge from the chrysalis we're supposed to spread our disease to other parts of the world.

That's not a picture of Florida

I thought he was talking about the president as well.

I just do that through the internet

I used to live on Northeast Ave fuck that circle

I got out of Ohio once, but then I got a better paying job there and it pulled me back in like a fucking black hole made of corn and niggers.

i'm doomed

>that time you accidentally learned someone on Yea Forums lived on the same fucking street as you in Fairborn

Attached: loosh.jpg (800x450, 49K)

Oh, fuck. Did you go meet them?

Why no horrogames that take place in Arkansas?

Lima is such a shit hole. Is anyone here from any of the smaller surrounding towns like Elida or Harrod? I'm thinking about moving but want to stay close

I would absolutely kill for either a Texarkana Moonlight Murders game or a Fouke Monster game.

I maintain my belief that Condemned was onto something with "junkie horror."

A horror game taking place in some forgotten highway offramp meth town in rural ohio would be rad.

I remember that night. Crazy ass thunderstorms on the Kentucky side (live outside of Cincinnati) and we had tornado warnings

I'm noticing a lack of people from/in Portsmouth here.

Attached: 1512065142412.png (960x914, 423K)

This. Lititz is shit, but I'll take it.

I live in Toledo, far as I know the scariest place around here is Gibbs Bridge in Sylvania

Which... is just a small bridge covered in graffiti

Ashtabula is comfy and full of based Amish but don't go to Cleveland, it's full of niggers and from what I've heard they're even importing somalis now
t. Former Oh*oan

Attached: 1564701719748.png (1080x1066, 792K)

There are some seriously spooky condemned buildings in the areas just outside downtown Toledo, but exploring around there might also get you shot.

I went to the University if Toledo, worst 3 years of my life. Those roads and all the homeless people... Get out of there mang

>Fairborn
I’m sorry, user

Yeah I'm not about to risk my life to look at some dirty old buildings
Had enough of that driving through Detroit

He was hated the first time he left outside of Akron but genuinely is loved here everywhere. There’s a street named after him now.

and it's based

tfw chicago, i wanna laugh but illinois is just as bad

>Immune to tornadoes
>Immune to floods
>Immune to earthquakes
When the world is in flames, we'll be playing the banjo.

Don't forget, you're here forever

Uh who the fuck cares about that guy
Lebron bro

Low cost of living has trapped me. Working on getting moved out to the suburbs, though, so that'll be like one foot out the door.

I recently went to Chicago for the first time for the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra

I do not want to go back
The traffic alone is nightmarish

Duh. First time he left even Osama Bin Laden called him out for being a traitor. Second time is completely fine though.

330/Canton area reporting in. Shit’s boring as hell here, but we’ve got the HOF and McKinley memorial. The vacuum was also invented here

>Scariest place on Earth
>Not a pic of Florida

>implying 330 is bad when you have tons of scene punk thots everywhere
nah bro
I enjoy getting my dick sucked on a weekly basis out at Highland Square from Ellet / Springfield / Tallmadge girls with daddy issues

I hate east/west coast bugmen who think that middle america is a harrowing wilderness full of the KKK, the john birch society, and violent gun nuts, but I'd honestly kms if I live so far inland and so distant from cultural centers of the world

Attached: 1564629099948.png (269x328, 93K)

It is. But so is WV.

Florida isn't actually THAT bad. I mean, it's bad, but it gets blown out of proportion by the fact that literally every police record is public domain. It's definitely no worse than anywhere else in the South. Except for the Jags.

John Birch Society is based.

No, Florida is the cesspool of the US. You must genuinely live there and not just vacation there to be defending it, you pathetic Flordian.

sure but they're stigmatized to such a degree that just their mere mention will send white numales into a frenzy

MSU anons represent

We decide the elections too. None of you matter

Based and redpilled

Attached: Kewps.jpg (640x428, 47K)

>literally every police record is public domain
I never knew that. Is that something unique to Florida?

kewpee is shit why do only old people work there fucking wrinkly niggers

*dabs on election*
It really is fucking hilarious that Ohio has so much power

Cincinnati and just got home from the rally

>california
>people can legally give you HIV at any moment without your knowledge
now that's scary

Never been, what's happening there?

I never realized how stigmatized they were, I try not to discuss politics anyway.

T R U M P isgrowingstronger

But Mommy GF Tolsi might be competitive.

No. I just live somewhere even worse.
Fresno.

I think some areas have it, but not for the whole state. It's why the "Florida Man" thing exists. News outlets can comb through Florida arrest records and find the wacky ones when they're having a slow news day.

How was it?

>Ohio
Cumbrain thread

What the fuck else are we supposed to do during our 7 months of winter?

>portsmitht

Which uncle are you?

Nothing really right now. I'm just surprised to see it not mentioned, since I've been told it's supposedly the drug capital of Ohio.

You fellow Ohio boys see that shit in the sky earlier this week?

C-busfag here. Sorry bout my corn friends around my area, but hey... could be worse. You could be from Bethesda, Ohio. You don't want to know what happens over there.

Attached: ahrshsdh.png (512x512, 215K)

I barely guessed correctly where Portsmouth is. The southern half of the state doesn't seem to really exist online

Tennessee is his penis?

I saw it in my own apartment

Attached: 215px-Waterworld.jpg (215x320, 24K)

What happened?

513 here

That's where Skyrim was created

>tfw neolibs having a constant meltdown in the face of the Bernie/Tulsi wombo combo

Attached: 1540712334321.jpg (640x480, 42K)

The sun? Fuck, don't remind me it leaves in a month.

Why is there a nude child on that building?

Bethesda is from Maryland, bruv.

Naked kids were considered symbolic of innocence until like, the 80s.

Fuck man, what did you think?
Those damn Dayton fags are at it again

I live in sylvania, shit's haunted bro

is kewpee really worth going to lima for?

I mean I've heard stories but the couple times I've been there it was just a fuckin' bridge

no lol

oh im just fucking around, its definitely just a bridge

it was fine. FUCK everything from when I arrived at 9 to when the doors opened. 2 concession stands with overpriced drinks and goods way in the back, so when the line got cramped, you were fucked. I should've brought lots of water and shades. Dear god it was a nightmare. Also the speakers ringing the same songs and messages in your hear for hours on end was ass. Once I got in the doors things were better, though I felt like puking due to all the heat and strain on my eyes from the sun and I passed out in a chair until an hour before the rally started. pic related was me from around 10am to 3pm. also also a shitty usher denying people access to the floor.

t;dr: Rally was good. Fuck everything before.

Attached: 1504566705058.jpg (720x743, 43K)

why? whats wrong with it?

nothing, It's good beef but it's nothing to travel great lengths for

Yes...competitive

oh no distance isnt really a big problem, im only like half an hour from lima. i was just wondering if lima is shitty or not

Glad to hear you survived and enjoyed the rally.

It was pretty wet

True. all of IL hates us but fail to realize theyre shit too

Yeah a bunch of you faggots move to California and Texas

Lima is definitely shitty in some areas but I think all the Kewpee locations are in the nicer areas

Attached: ohio.png (2036x3604, 1.74M)

That place looks so depressing. What is there to do there? It looks like it was relevant 100 years ago.