I fell for the meme

I fell for the meme.

Wow, my cursor is so much smoother. Amazing...

Meanwhile Forza Horizon 4 hits 115 FPS and I can't see smoothness improvement over fucking 60.

Attached: 144hz-icon-light[1].png (500x250, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYQ-525r25A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I heard you have to enable above 60 fps on the monitor options. So try that

Thanks for being helpful.

you're doing something wrong then

Its only worth it if you play shooters that need twitch reflexes like siege or some shit. Also you need to disable vsync and sometimes some other crap.

I dunno user, you might want to check your eyes then? Or you haven't switched it on since the game, the card and the monitor need to be told to use it. Or you might just genuinely not see the difference.

I "fell for the meme" as well, and while there aren't many games which I play that support 144Hz and some can't even run on my machine at a stable 120fps while two monitors are active, but those that support it and those that can run feel amazing.
Especially Warframe for some reason, I never paid too much attention to the visuals of the game but fuck does it feel different with this.

Attached: 1531938361311.png (450x400, 88K)

$10 says OP's monitor is still set to 60Hz.

According to the Nvidia sub______, FreeSync monitors need GSync enabled, the vsync in the Control Panel enabled, and then you cut off the in-game vsync and cap the framerate slightly below your monitor's maximum refresh rate.

But I'm not getting up to 144 FPS anyway.

The monitor dynamically tells you what the refresh is in the OSD and it fluctuates but it's always above 60.

You must be blind then, or your brain-eye connection is too weak for you to be playing the vidya in the first place
4K is a joke I can't barely spot the difference (at least in my home configuration), but holy fuck whenever I come over to my fatlus friend with his 144hz set up I am blown away. It actually looks crispy as smooth in a way that 60hz can't really compare. It's almost like 30fps vs 60fps.

are you connected through display port? did you change your monitor to 144hz in windows settings?

Yes, yes.

I need to be DP in order to use VESA adaptive sync (GSync Compatible) anyway.

try another game

Did you set your monitor to 144hz in Windows settings? Many don't. Like this stupid:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYQ-525r25A

>go from 60 to 75hz
>this is a little nicer
>try to do 120 or 144
>gives me awful fucking headaches and/or makes my head spin
I'll stick to 60 and 75 thanks

I set it in the Nvidia Control Panel but it carried over to Windows as well.

You have to be blind to not see the differences between 60hz and 144hz.

I guess. FH4 is probably the most razor-edge game I can play. I can probably hit better frame rates in other games I own.

you're unironically a brainlet that can't process visual information quick enough lmao

That's not how it works. it's physically not possible.
It may have been caused by headbob in the game or by a really low FOV though. I encourage you to try again. Best of luck.

user watch out, theres some things that cause issues with shit like this.

Depending on your GPU, if you're unable to set your refresh rate on your monitor through your PC, it could be either

Bad Displayport cable or old HDMI cable
or
Not all ports (displayport or HDMI) necessarily support the bandwidth of what it takes to utilize 144hz, but you'd see a refresh rate of something slightly higher than 60.

For example, if using displayport, make sure the cable is rated for it, and also shit like the ASUS 1080ti card has multiple displayports, but they do not all do 144hz, its fuckin weird

cheers

Is your desktop even running at 144Hz? Right click on it and check your display settings.

also use an fps counter like msi afterburner to make sure you're not capped at 60.

>t. eyelet

honestly this is probably why so many people thought there was no perceptible difference between 60hz and 144hz

what monitor are you using?

You were memed, the human eye can't see over 20 fps.

Attached: 1489964631798.png (684x736, 112K)

i hate playing games at 60 after playing at 144. it's identical to the difference between 60 and 30.

Holy fuck that's almost unbearable to read.

I don't really know if it's just my brain doing some kind of reverse placebo shit where I convince myself that it's making my head hurt, but every single time I've had to play on a 120/144hz monitor it's made me feel sick afterwards, no matter the game genre. And there's something about how fluid, how smooth everything feels that I actually find unnerving and weird.
I guess I don't mind because it means I can afford to spend less on hardware.

>buys 240hz monitor
>60 fps is now unplayable
how do i fix

The human eye can't see past 5 fps anyway, so it doesn't really matter

that and not turning off vsync or not enabling adaptable lol

240hz masterrace

Attached: 1JvX410.jpg (500x499, 13K)

>Hurr I'm retarded

Racing games probably have a bunch of graphical design to make the gameplay experience feel better in 60fps (and 30fps on consoles) such as motion blur.

Try playing something third or first person and control the camera with your mouse.

>get 144hz monitor
>become even more sensitive to the screen tearing when it happens
This shit is so fucking useless unless you have free/g-sync or playing game where you get like 300+ frames anyway.

Attached: 1460592246292.png (991x694, 686K)

>get 144hz monitor
>without freesync/g-sync
retard

>thought the same thing as OP for a while
>played a shit ton of tf2 at 144hz
>go to a friend's house and borrow his 60hz monitor
>it was horrible and choppy
I can't go back now.

>tfw spic so monitors beyond 60 hz dont exist

Ignorance is bliss in this case. Having 120hz and having to go back to 60 in some fps locked games is unbearable

I've been using an ASUS vg248 (TN, 1080p, 144hz, no gsync) for a few years now, what is the proper update path for this.
I was thinking of getting a 1440p screen, but I don't know if the rtx2060 can take that resolution with its 6gb vram.
But I was thinking of getting an ISP/OLED or something even if its the same 1080p, but with gsync.

wat do

Quakefag here. it is crucial for Quake

It kinda spoils you. I tried going back to 60hz but it looked horrible, even though I initally couldn't tell the difference between 60 and 144

I'm still miffed I'm gimped in multiplayer games because of that tho

Most games struggle reaching a stable 144hz unless you tone it down and even use mods. 144hz shills play competitive multiplayer games that are optimized for it.

playing titanfall 2 and ow on 144hz for the first time felt like i was dropping training weights or some shit, it was a massive power trip

See
It's probably this. Most idiots buy 144hz monitors and don't actually set the damn adapter to display 144hz correctly so they get all salty their "investment" was a lie.

For fuck sake, at least do some research into why it's not looking as smooth. Take a picture of your current adapter settings (if you even know how to get to it) and let us all laugh at you.

I have a 60 hz monitor and a 155hz one on the same pc and honestly going back to a monitor without freesync/gsync is worse than going back to 60hz

This was literally me. Spent like 9 months with the monitor on 60 Hz.
In my defence, no game I played even went beyond 60 Hz. When I got DOOM I remembered I almost wasted money on my monitor.

What the fuck are your eyes? Most games I tried with 144hz are way smoother.

get your eyes checked and play a decent game

>I can't see smoothness improvement over fucking 60.
You have your fancy pants monitor set to 60hz then. Nobody could be this blind.

Nobody uses 144Hz all the time except csgo autists. It's always vfr.

My brother has one of these 144hz too and I honestly can't see the difference past 75hz in games, it's smooth and all but not as much as I expected. Desktop is super smooth though, that much I can tell.

144hz is so much better than 60hz

any game with 60 fps cap (e.g. dark souls) is garbage because of the framerate alone