Ooblets EGS #2

Attached: t3q53qrfe.png (584x414, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/ooblets
twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1157010187749904384
google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-08-19-introversion-steam-sale-saved-our-company
introversion.co.uk/darwinia/
gog.com/game/darwinia
myabandonware.com/game/darwinia-cum
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ 1561246724128/image/547WkJvfrfxWeb5nYiqmAA/
store.steampowered.com/app/745920/Temtem/
patreon.com/posts/what-is-first-14327057
ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm still buying it bros.

>kicked from server
Fuck

Reminder to remove this shit from your Steam wishlists.

Attached: 1564603823209.jpg (1032x1457, 1.2M)

Why buy it when good ol' Timmy has paid for your copy? Go ahead and pirate that shit, lad.

Who fucking cares about some pachinko machine ass looking farmer game

Daily reminder that they made this announcement on the 1st to leech as much Patreon bucks as possible.

So what will the blog title be after the game flops?

Attached: rossr.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>a literally who game
Why should i care?
Any game that doesn't independently release isn't worth buying.

>Nobody cared who I was until I sold myself to the Chinese

This is the first I've even heard of this game.

Literally can't flop Tim payed out enough to make sure the game is profitable for the dev.
Which means pirate guilt-free
Thanks Tim.

>we’re happy we sold out!
>why don’t people like EGS? I DUN UNDERSTAAAND!
>but hopefully this gif of a [insert ambiguous pronouns] flossing will make you want our game!
Was this person hired exclusively for this atrocious level of self-awareness?

"Mean internet bullies hurt game sales because nazis".

the least you could do is give us the links for the two in the email

OOFlets

This is there master plan you dumb idiots. The outrage gives them advertising NO ONE EVEN FUCKING KNEW WHAT THE GANE WAS UNTIL NOW

Also they are putting their true colors on Discord since now they don't need to appeal to gamers since their game is already paid.

It cannot flop since Tim already brought thousands of copies.

>Have been anti-epic since I got fucked over with Phoenix Point
>Epic keeps it going with Shemue, Mech Warrior and now this and the Devs of those games keep telling the people who were interested in their game to go fuck themselves they got paid
It is fascinating. Epic is getting them to burn every bridge with their consumers. Its like they are targeting people that don't plan on making another game.

>calls people out on not being fans
>gets called out by actual fans
>backs down
I hate trannies

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-164148_Discord.jpg (1078x495, 199K)

They have a patreon too and they still sold out?
ahahahahahahahaha
holy fuuck
ahahahahahahahhaahah

if it was ever on your steam wishlist to begin with, you have shit taste. the game looks horrible.

WELCOME TO
THE DAMAGE CONTROL ZONE

my patreon still hasnt fully funded yet so theyre retarded

"manchildren gamers caused climate change and destroyed my wifes sons future"

Not only that there was a donator tier that gave you updates on the game AND pictures of their cat

Attached: catspics10dolla.png (330x514, 21K)

On day 1 of the month, which according to what I know of Patreon is the billing cycle. They premeditated this press release to make sure none of their patrons could cancel their patronage for this month.

>thats it
They werent kidding

What is the endgame of EGS here? Make everyone hate them? Because it seems like they are just paying people to tell their fans to go fuck themselves as they are Epic cocksluts now and don't need them. Which doesn't seem like a wise business choice.

Women were a mistake

It's just a girl and her bf making the game

Ahem...

Fuck Steam, and FUCK GAMERS

Haha what the fuck

Was never interested in this, but have they explained how exactly the Epic shekels will be used for the benefit of game development? Plenty of developers claim that similar deals (not just Epic exclusivity) will be so good for the game they're making--yet when the game actually releases it still lacks polish and true creativity. It makes me assume that selling out was just a way to live easy while they make the game. I wouldn't be surprised if these deals have resulted in some devs working less hard and less passionately on their game.

Attached: 1545390356224.jpg (1440x1800, 1.41M)

Okay so egs paid oobdevs money. How will egs make the money back if nobody buys the game? This sounds like someone giving a new store money and the store owners setting the store on fire while walking away with the money.

Their behavior still irks me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-162019_Discord.jpg (810x1646, 527K)

They are chinese, they can act this way in china with zero repercussions so they think they can do the same in the land of the free
They dont even know what reputation means

POST MORE DISCORD SCREENSHOTS

It's been a while since we've had devs bite the bait so hard.

>What is the endgame of EGS here?
Get as much of the younger audience on the platform as possible i.e early to late teens.
As EGS gets more people on the platform they will probably cool it with all the exclusivity nonsense assuming it's even still around in a few years.

Why did EGS lie about the cloud save feature even though 0 games support it as of this moment?

>(((Rebecca)))

Its not possible anymore and that is what these EGS bootlickers fail to realise is a huge problem

>make an argument and I'll respond
>"I can't buy it in my country"
>lol guess you gotta wait, fag, we don't owe you shit

they didn't even bite the bait or anything

there were people in there genuinely trying to be reasonable and they were just taking a fat dump on all of them

I have this one from earlier.

Attached: 1564679221649.png (842x121, 16K)

wew

is this guy secretly Phil Fish?

>Yea Forums avatars

Attached: my sides.jpg (690x720, 77K)

Funny how these indieshit devs start losing their cool after a few hours. Hope they enjoy being pestered about selling out to egs for the forseable future.

didn't he originally say anime?

Yea Forums HOOOUUUSSSEEE!!!!

Imagine having this guy be in charge of your games PR

Attached: Ooblets _faggot2.png (839x71, 12K)

discordapp.com/invite/ooblets

Attached: Quotsuck+my++choke+on+itquot+phil+fish+_d50324cad87ced0ad24eeff3bd19f226.png (470x405, 110K)

Why are Steamcucks so pathetic? Took me 1 minute to install EGS.

Attached: 992cb5eeb9cc37f6f44881032ff986ae.png (453x261, 5K)

is this a Yea Forums avatar

Attached: Ampharos.png (270x301, 102K)

Why is he complaining about "Yea Forums avatars" while he has a fucking frog like button or whatever the fuck the yikes frog is supposed to be?

I was at a wedding of a game friend a week ago and I probably talked to over 10 people about Borderlands 3 and not a single person cared at all about which launcher it was on. Most people don't even have opinions on those things because it's so irrelevant. The sales these devs are losing because of outrage culture are insignificant.

just continue raiding them
spread hatred and bad reputation
they don't know who they fuck with

>tried to warn them that reacting like they are was just going to bring people down on them
>there's a Yea Forums thread
>now they're going to get swarmed and feel even more justified in acting like massive dicks

videogames

Took me less to install qBittorrent

How do you like that chinese cock in your ass?

So we're all compiling this right? I'm ready to let it all loose on the internet.

Daily reminder you are not entitled to games.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-165359_Discord.jpg (1079x1515, 608K)

>feel even more justified in acting like massive dicks
That's fine they can just dig the hole deeper

Can someone grab a screencap of what he said after he banned me? Chris Hansen, banned me for saying international fans have no choice but to pirate

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-165532_Discord.jpg (1079x1434, 475K)

Call me when crackers finally cracked nuDenuvo

If something is unavailable from a legal storefront and I want it I will buy it from an illegal storefront.
What retard steals from a black market anyway, it's like asking to get your dick cut off.

It should be

They're just making themselves look bad and people want to see how much they can dig themselves deeper in the hole they've made.

Reminder that the tone of the game is going to be the same as the blogpost they made.

What does that even mean?

Like his argument. If the shop was going out of its way to set up a monopoly to further fuck over the consumer, it would be in your best interests as a consumer to go to the black market or not support those who partnered with the scumfuck shop.

I'd opt to going to the black market since it's FREE SHIT.

Attached: FREE SHIT.jpg (1280x1205, 222K)

They probably all had no idea what you were talking about since the only version that exists in their mind is the PS4 version.

Im sorry you backed a game made by assholes user.
You should cut your losses and move on.

>harass a developer because you don't like a decision they made
>get called a faggot
>spam posts on your safe space Yea Forums about how mean indie developers are
how the tables have turned

Which part exactly?

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-165828_Discord.jpg (1078x1258, 400K)

He tagged me and said something along the lines of "I'm going to ban you but first of all I want to let you know stealing is bad"

Shop owners aren't going to sell to you and will call you entitled if you don't like it.

Attached: 1561488227509.png (791x72, 13K)

>we made the decision to move to a launcher that is not available to some people who supported us
>they are in the wrong for being upset about our choice

No need to act like an edgy 14 year old. Just don't buy their game.

HEY GAMERS

The game is going to be condescending and talk to you as if you were a retarded baby.

It's a shame, I was actually looking forward to this game. But after seeing how the devs are acting I don't even know if I want to pirate it, let alone buy it.

>No argument
>pirate = steal lol

>not out customers
obviously not anymore

I haven't said anything to anyone. I'm just laughing at how devs react to everything.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-170126_Discord.jpg (1079x641, 233K)

I posted a video earlier that was literally a cute cartoon explaining in basic terms that piracy is just copying, which isn't theft by definition. They had a meltdown.

So how is EGS's roadmap coming? Have they implemented any basic features yet?

Jeez what greedy twats
Tim the Saint payed for all our copies and this douche wants to double dip

I'm buying 10 copies just to make Yea Forums SEETHE

TEMTEM CHADS RISE UP

WHERE MY NIGGAS AT?

I mean, nothing he's posted is wrong. No one is entitled to anything since he made the game.

NVIDIA SWAG BAG

>wanting a shitty unity assetflip pokemon clone
Ok but why?
I'm not really sure why anyone was interested in this game in the first place. Selling out to Epic is probably the only way these people were ever going to pull a profit.

Any random person can react with any emote they have

Well, between 0 and 2 games now have cloud saving.

No, "target dates have been shifted".
twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1157010187749904384

They deleted your posts.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-170222_Discord.jpg (1079x1123, 424K)

WE'RE GIVING AWAY A FREE CAR

>I'm not really sure why anyone was interested in this game in the first place

It looked comfy. I was interested in the farming and Animal Crossing-like elements.

They were supposed to have cloud saves but apparently that's not a thing again?

It's not on a store I want to do business with, so I'm going to pirate it if I want to play it within a year. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Do people actually WANT to help feed faggot developers?

>sign exclusivity deal
>store guarantees to buy enough copies to hit your sales target
>'stop talking about pirating out game! we still need the money!'

These fucking devs don't realize Epic is making the case for piracy without us doing anything if they will just buy our copies for us. Dont get mad at the gamers, get mad at Epic

Attached: chrome_2019-07-31_18-15-27.png (873x822, 1.26M)

the funny thing is I never heard of this game so this is kind of an awful way to learn about it

enjoy those upfront bux, maybe I'll check it out a few years down the road, maybe not

>steal on preferred launcher
It's not a preference if I literally can't buy it where I live

It's honestly more original than that Temtem shit people were spamming in the last thread

is the shopping cart a thing yet

where do you live that you literally can't buy it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-170425_Discord.jpg (1079x817, 270K)

we don't owe you anything

Attached: dig deeper.png (583x140, 28K)

Can it still be pirated? If so then what's your fucking problem exactly?

>I'm really, really happy about this
I would be happy as well if I were freed of the burden of having to compete.

Someone was banned from their discord for making the comparison

>people who bothered to join your game-specific discord channel are not actually your customers
these people are beyond help kek

Attached: Screenshot-2019-08-01-Join-the-WSGF-Discord-Server2.png (1066x201, 23K)

>wtf is ooblets
>look it up
>its tumblrshit
the. fucking. STATE. of epicucks

Attached: 1561524010632.png (1320x900, 547K)

No. The even funnier part is that the Unreal Engine marketplace which has been around since before the store and is in the same launcher has had a shopping cart for a long time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HOW MUCH DID TIM PAY THEM FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO SAY SHIT LIKE THIS

Attached: RalOSV2.png (1175x176, 36K)

>make up a fake hypothetical scenario to get mad about
>no one actually experiences fake hypothetical scenario
gee I wonder why the dev is annoyed

If they were honest they would have just said that they really needed the money in order to keep the project afloat.

Instead they pretend that they don't understand the controversy surrounding Epic exclusivity deals and try to brush things off by being QUIRKY XD by having a character in their game do the wacky Fortnite dance.

Fucking cunt.

>what makes epic so good is that you don't have to sell your product, it automatically makes money if daddy Tencent wants it to

Is this the vidya equivalent of communism?

Tim bought the game for everyone you autist

I dont think EGS is available in South Africa or some middle eastern places

>Pay 20 bucks a month
"Nah sorry mate i know you paid me for the game but ya aren't entitled to it"

Go on my children. Fire up those bittorrents. Don't forget to show your love to the devs by sharing screenshots of you seeding the torrents of their game!

Attached: Go on lad.png (696x493, 362K)

Seems so. I wonder if they at any point thought how will this play out in after Ooblets has crashed and burned and they want to make a new game

I'm eagerly awaiting the KF thread on these guys

>they have a bot which not only removes your messages in a condescending way but it also fucking censors swear words
What the fuck?

Watch him change his tune when the sequel comes out and Epic doesn't pick it up.

I don't know what game this is neither do I give a shit, but I fucking hate EGS and their fucking shills. Devs who agree to their conditions are merely sellouts no matter how many excuses they make.
Fuck Epic and fuck chinks.

Holy fucking shit

Attached: Great guy dev.jpg (798x658, 197K)

>donate to us even they we don't need it
what a dick

Attached: jim-halpert.jpg (646x431, 65K)

Because they were probably all console gamers.

This is the white people getting offended on behalf of minorities. It doesn't mean anything unless someone affected is making the complaint. Until someone who wants to buy the game but literally can not comes forward, it's not a real argument.

They're faggots, user. You should have been pirating before they took timmy's chink money

There's no way anyone paid $20 a month to them

Another shovelware game on EGS? Funny, considering their stated goal is to get a lot of high quality exclusives.

Attached: faggots.png (1371x484, 75K)

>our rent next month
I can sort of understand it like this

What's wrong with this guy?

Cancel your Patreons boys. Tim has you covered!

Attached: really big faggots.jpg (1356x171, 24K)

>I'd like to buy your game please
>"Well fuck you, pal"

Why does he even respond? Devs really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near social media.

Probably assumes they're trolls so he feels he doesn't need to give them a proper response.

So if what they say is true that the tone of the game's writing is the same as their classy blogpost what does that entail?

We're going to get bombarded by preachy NPCs under the veneer of quirkiness?
The notPokemon battles aren't actually battles because MUH ANIMAL ABUSE?
Lots of soi sensibilities getting thrown all over the place.

So basically Animal Crossing except completely soulless and filled with the devs' obvious propaganda.

Daily reminder Yea Forums btfo by tranny

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-171512_Discord.jpg (1078x169, 47K)

Competition is "good" for the consumer, right?

It's there to keep Steam "in check", right?

Attached: 1333189952236.jpg (251x226, 36K)

Indie devs deserve their audience. I stopped feeling bad about them getting flooded with vitriol a long time ago.

so they just had a patreon to fund a game they would eventually sale? thats the point of the patreon? how are tumblrcucks such huge paypigs?

cringe

Attached: dilate.jpg (300x230, 15K)

Imagine pissing away such good publicity. He could ask him to provide some sort of proof and then give the dude a free code if it turned out to be legit. But I guess they only use discord to be jerked off by their "true" fans.

see
And there was another person in the channel that also said Epic wasn't available to him. His only response is "you're not owed anything" even though they want to give him money for it.

So when is going to make the news Yea Forums? You spreading it out to leddit and twitter yet?

What a cunt. Holy shit.

>Epic owns the most popular game engine in the world
>Epic runs the most popular video game in the world
>Epic are currently making moves to try and become the biggest game storefront in the world

The fact that anyone treats Epic like a goddamn underdog baffles me

Patreon is just a way to give an artist a monthly payment like a "patron" would in the olden days.
You're thinking about kickstarter.

Reminder DENUVO is still uncracked after 5 months. Have fun not playing the game at all.

Attached: 1d7299a42223727d52e1e555dcfc7cc03589d948_00.jpg (512x408, 21K)

The entire streaming clusterfuck we have now is because of """competition""". How could anyone say that this utter shithow of different subscription services is somehow good for the customer?

Threadly reminder they lost 1500 patreons (over 60%) since this announcement.

based tim buying for my copy

Real question: why would you place this if a new Animal Crossing is ready coming?

They don't.

It's literally just Americans parroting something they heard on TV about competition and how it is supposedly good for the market.

Which is proven to be complete bullshit.

Just report their discord server for scam and be done with it.

When some lurker from KiA posts it and then one of the handful of GG holdouts puts it on twitter for journos to scream and cry about how GG is still a thing and is harassing some soibeard shovelware dev.

yea but why would anyone give to their patreon? what are they getting out of it? the privilege of giving them more money in the future? its just such intense cuckery i cant follow it

Probably a fake story, but it’s absolutely hilarious that the dev’s response to this guy pouring out is “Sucks to be you nerd”

Attached: 33FEA23F-843C-4F60-A0EC-C19FB704A4AC.jpg (720x706, 162K)

So this is the modern day progressive, huh? Crackers who live posh lives in big cities and get money to basically do nothing all day spitting on poorer foreigners

never head of it and will never play it

These same people are in favor of having to subscribe to hbo, hulu, Netflix and every other site under the sun to drain the common fools pockets

Exclusivity on streaming services means paying more money to get everything. It's not really the same.

i hate everyone who supports faggots on kickstarter
the worst mistake ever

>support studio to make a game for months, pay over the cost of the game
>you're not entitled to the game though, we don't need donos anymore since we sold out anyways
>nice sob story, we don't care about you anymore, even though you paid for us to build a product good enough to get us bought out

Attached: 1559615446802.png (2024x1456, 2.82M)

>Competition bad, it was proven

Attached: 6b5.png (1006x813, 73K)

Doesn't help that their PR guy said that they don't need Patreon anymore.

based tim

>I want to buy thing, please help me buy thing
>Fuck you, you're not entitled to thing even though I could help you get it
When is the fucking Kiwi Farms thread on these fucks happening?

Women are really bad at feigning ignorance.

>oh, I'm not being condescending sweetie, I just don't understand why people would take our posts as arrogance and inflammatory :^)

All they had to say was that Epic offered them a deal and they took it. Ditch the passive undertones, and weather out the storm.

Yes, see: That's totally good for you.

Jesus fuck. Even if it's fake you don't take this kind of risk. The best course of action is asking for proof to not screw up your response.
What is the fucking matter with these people?

Pathetic how you concede defeat instantly.

Attached: 1310481500822.jpg (805x669, 36K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-172421_Discord.jpg (1079x238, 62K)

REMINDER THAT DEVS ANNOUNCED THIS ONLY AFTER THEY COLLECTED THIS MONTH MONEY

Progressives have always hated destitute people. That's why they want an authoritarian regime to strictly control society down to who is allowed to breed back during the eugenics movement. It's always been a method for people to be evil while pretending to want to help.

This. Don't burn bridges too early.

This is obviously fake

Stop trying to turn this into some political thread you major retards

Tell that to me once stadia and all the other fucking subscription services start going full throttle.

>Oobleck is gonna be on EGS
Anyone even cared about this game?

And absolutely nothing he said speaks to the idea that he doesn't believe him. That's the dev's response to someone who would actually be in that kind of situation

you retards are going to keep harassing the devs until kotaku declares them as victims and nu males/sjws are going to double their patreon because of that

it's like you haven't learned anything from gaymergate

Attached: 1563008359245.png (647x644, 110K)

Seeing that it costs nothing to the devs to "open a shop" (use steam) this is a shitty argument

Here probably nobody. It's funny though to see the dev digging deeper.

I don't really like nazis and pedophiles though.

Oh, but we did. Trump got elected last time because we learned so much of it, and his reelection is coming, so exercises like this are great to get the troops going.

Denuvo is usually cracked in short order when it's packaging something people want to play.
denuvo is actually pretty effective at protecting games nobody cares about, I guess.

>Literal who game decides to take the cash up front instead of zero dollars when it sells 2 copies on Steam
Seems like they made a smart choice. If your game is shit, why not take the extra cash upfront instead of banking on sale related income.

Oh no! We wouldn't dare piss of kotaku!

>SJWs
>buying games

The price to get a game listed on Steam is $100.00.

Checkmate.

No one is going to say how fucking retarted the part about conversion was? Are you fucktards all that ignorant in terms of anything related to finance? Oh wait, gamers. NVM

Exactly, which is why we owe nothing to them as well so we should all just pirate the game. They already made their money

i just don't want the devs to earn more victimbux, that would really trigger me user

Keep pushing them, and archiving posts.

Their game probly sucks anyway, but it shows that they don't know how to deal with customers or handle criticism without making unlikeable asses of themselves. They take customers for granted, then laugh about it. And that's something any future employers and buyers don't want to see and deal with.

They're their own worst enemy.

Heh, just like we pirated anno 1800 to punish ubisoft for going with epic. Oh right, uncracked

>MW5
>Ooblets

Is it really that hard to just think about the implications of what you say before saying it?

What a bunch of garbage fucking people. Not gonna even bother to pirate.

Damn, fuckin' based. Why do we hate this white guy again?

Do you not know white people live in South Africa you fucking brainlet? And I'm just answering the fucking question you asked the user who said he can't use the EGS

>unlikeable asses of themselves
Considering they live in Seattle that should have been red flag #1

>earn more victimbux

From what? Nobody is going to donate to their patreon when they already got paid for their game to be completed and the devs outright said they don't need the money. Besides the dev is acting like a major cunt to the level that even some of the places people on Yea Forums hate are shitting on the guy

There are far fewer retards that spend money on things they think will piss off people than it looks.

Their paycheck's already in the mail. The least we can do is have a little fun.

Attached: 1547377576128.png (1211x476, 355K)

why are these retard devs trying so hard to be like phil fish or whatever his name was?

He made exhentai Epic Store exclusive.

Attached: sad plupper.png (251x231, 40K)

>Says we should worry about climate change
>Accepts money from China, the largest pollutor on the planet

Hypocracy much?

Phil had the decency to leave.

I can't tell if this is a woman or an extremely effeminate man.

The guy played himself lol.

Epic game is american company. So they accepted money from second largest pollutor on the planet

Third actually.

But Epic is almost half owned by China. And the Chinese half pollutes more than the American half.

>do people not agree that its more worth being angry over climate change and human rights?
God, how I'd love to pay someone to follow her around for a day and say this every time she bitches about some mundane fucking inconvenience.

God I fucking hate how the zoomer wojack is fucking spot on every single time

>So they accepted money from second largest pollutor on the planet
india? also ebbic is pretty much tencent and timbo as this point.

but that's how anita made her money
i still hope you're right user, fuck these cunts, even trannyera is shitting on them

TIM OWNS PRESERVED LAND COSTING MILLIONS HELPING TO PRESERVE FORESTS YOU FUCKING STEAMDRONES

>tim owns tax break land he'll turn around and sell to a chinese tar factory in the future
wow what a swell guy! sneed.

Attached: 1553536695043.png (683x751, 136K)

This shit is amazing
Im losing my sides
All over a shit game I didnt even know existed
Thanks China

Anita is broke.

Now that you mention it, gaben never did such a thing. Now it make sense why they go with epic, because they are not only saving pc gaming but also the planet. Based

They really couldn't handle that better? I sometimes say shit I don't mean out loud, but if you're typing to someone, you have time to think about it. They could have just said "I'm very sorry about this and we hope EGS accepts your currency soon" which is just empty PR shit but at least it doesn't sound rude and unprofessional.

>stadia going anywhere
Oh you.

People should be able to sue over this stuff.
Same with adding MTX to games a month after is out like they did to crash racing
Should be fucking illegal

>haha fuck gamers
>but please buy our game on EGS :)
I love when these fucking devs just shoot themselves in the foot and insult their potential customers for having standards and expectations. Put your shit on EGS, pay your bills, but don't expect your consumer base to not be a little miffed about having to use EGS and try to handwave it like it's some non-issue and gamers are fucking babies for wanting some form of control over their platform of choice and whatever DRM is associated with those platforms. Even if I were interested in the game, I wouldn't purchase it unless if it were on GOG--your customers are not ideological hiveminds, and you only further disinterest and disdain for your title by treating them as such.

Attached: 1564414603090.png (512x512, 144K)

To honest I don't really expect professionalism from a solo indie dev and her dumbass husband that can't seem to shut his mouth.

So everyone in the game is a smarmy git? Thanks, will ignore it and play Animal Crossing.

It's not so much about that anymore.

More that they're arrogant dumbasses who don't know how to spin negative PR and criticism. They could've just released a neutral statement about the deal being good for them, with some bargain bin apologies to handle a small backlash. Instead, they antagonize and belittle anyone who takes an issue with it, be they troll or an actual inoffensive query. Cue negative feedback loop.

The price of being a quirky and hip indie socialite is acting like an unlikeable cunt that help themselves, I suppose.

Patron =/= Investor

>be leftist
>USA bad
>China good

>I'm very sorry about this and we hope EGS accepts your currency soon

It's 21th century kiddo, the worst thing that can happen if you can't pay in your country currency is 5% additional conversion rate. He was baiting them

i cant tell if hes a 15 year old boy or a 40 year old lesbian

sad thing is they can get away with it because tim is paying for all of it

>Make a timeless classic
>Cod gamers can't understand the depth and complexity of your work
>Inform them of their mistakes using language they'd understand
>Suddenly you're the victim.
Reminder that Fish did nothing wrong and the industry is all the poorer for his leave.

Let's be real here. You were planning on playing Animal Crossing anyway.

>Know Temtems is going to demolish them in sales
>Have to team up with Epic just to get their money

Indie scene must be rough as fuck right now. I wonder how many sales they were guaranteed?

>so if you don't have a shop selling something in your town, you are free to steal it?
Yes, that's how the world works welcome to live outside of your bubble. All this faggot needs to do is watch a single documentary about CDPR to educate himself.

enough to say shit like "we don't need patreon money anymore"

Epic covers so much sales when they buy exclusivity that it doesnt even matter if their game sells anymore. They're forgetting that Epic is not going to through around big money forever at random Indie devs and they'll need the gamer pissbabies again one day

i just wanna say thanks to all of the steam cucks, epic chinks and most of all, the kickstarter retards for all of the free games over the years, when this shit started off i knew i would never back anything, but i would always be happy for the free games you faggots paid for for me

Indies aren't pissing off their audience for a little extra cash, Timmy boy is bankrolling this whole operation to guarantee success.
He's effectively bought millions of copies of worthless indie games.
Pirate away.

also what the fuck is ooblets lol

>I wonder how many sales they were guaranteed?
If they were paid a high amount its probably because Epic wants a pokemon-like game on their platform. If it does well you can expect Epic to go all in with Ooblets in Fortnight.
My only hope is that the devs continue to spread ill-will in the community and kill their golden goose.

I don't think leftist knows China exist. They never brought it up, only countries with illegal immigrants and shitholes.

The thing is, if a game is not available for purchase on Steam, then I will not pay money for it

The best part of the old AC was all the shit they would talk if you were an asshole, or if they just felt like being assholes. In the new ones they all just pretend to be your best friend

Man remember darkwood or hotline Miami guys? Who actually made and provided and torrent of their games themselves. And said whoever liked their games can support them if they want in the future.

>praising Tim for buying up vast tracts of land
>not knowing the goal of Agenda 21 is to corral all human slaves up into a handful of Megacities for ease of control while the oligarch owner caste that Tim belongs to will have free access to enjoy the rest of the planet without having to suffer the presence of the poors

Attached: jc.jpg (480x360, 14K)

yeah and it costs you your dignity to put your game on epic

They would rather win a Pyrrhic victory against the right and then be immediately steamrolled by China than admit their ideology is doomed to fail.

I find it a bit weird that Epic is basically just settling for the shittier versions of better games.

Dauntless to MHW
WWZ to L4D
Ooblets to TemTem/AnimalCrossing/Pokemon
Satisfactory to Factorio
That one fighting game I ready forgot to every fightan game out there especially since SNK rejected them
Etc.

What the fuck are they even doing? It's basically all second or third fiddle games.

Done.

Why every time a dev takes an epic bribe they become assholes that are just we don't care for your money anymore get fucked

Attached: 1563589734.jpg (512x512, 14K)

Because the sad truth is true colors show when money is involved. Now all they care about is sycophants who will lick their boots.
Indie developers can create some amazing products through their hard work and determination. They can also be some of the biggest assholes.

That's because these are all second rate devs scared of actual competition. Ironic really.

>Epic is just giving out FUCK YOU money left and right
Their contract must say they have to shit on their previous customer base because fucking everyone has done it. Even fucking Gallop shat on the backers saying he didn't need them. I wonder if they are required to say that.

pretty based, ngl

How can people that get in these positions be so bad at PR? All you had to do was release a neutral statement, and an apology going forward. Maybe a game update showcasing some features, or a discount for the 2 people that preordered your game on steam if you want to feel good at your job before they storm off.

Easier still, just do nothing past that statement. One paragraph, tops. Don't take the bait, or play any patronizing games with people if you know you're that unlikable and lacking in self control. Instead they seek out a hornet nest, just to kick it, and then get uppity when angry bugs start flying at them.

Attached: 1554536145044.png (842x815, 52K)

It's like all of your "better games" came before epic games store was even a thing... A true mystery indeed

>Know they can't actually compete
>Would rather take Chink money and never make another game instead
I get that. What doesn't make sense is why every single goddamned one of them has gone on to tell their fans to go fuck themselves.

It’s a rationalization. They treat the people who supported them like shit by going with egs, so they have to convince themselves that the reason they did this is that the people who supported them are actually assholes that they never wanted around to begin with.

>apology

Talking about entitled lol

I think it isn't a contractual thing. I think it's really that they've been waiting for years to not have to rely on "entitled" gamers. They fucking hate all of the pro-consumer stuff that Steam does and relish in being able to make money without pandering to people they hate.

Everyone glosses over the fact that the guy complaining CAN buy the game, he just has to buy it in USD instead of Vietnamese Dong or whatever. Boo-fucking-hoo your foreign monopoly money converts poorly to real currency, you faggots are unlucky that I'm not a dev cuz you'd get so many hot takes your print scrn key would break. I mean if all it takes for you to lose your collective minds is some sass then how do you even handle going outside? Do you flip your shit every time the light turns red right when you drive up to it? inb4 some moron feigns dignity and morality in an attempt to make anything I've said look bad, you all fap to the same gross shit I do, you all steal music just like I do, none of you are better than me, or this dumbfuck dev, get over yourselves.

Attached: 1560683866115.jpg (184x184, 11K)

Okay, who did this?

Attached: Capture3.png (1343x130, 34K)

>How can people that get in these positions be so bad at PR?
Because they didn't, its a husband and wife team.
Wife does most of the art and dev work while hubby handles "PR", business and what looks like the writing

They're trying hard to be the next Phil Fish

Big names cost too much shekels too exclusive deal. If BL3 is half year exclusive at best, imagine the cost trying to poach a hyped up game from the nips like Bamco. They'll fucking jew Tim fucking hard.

Neutral PR statement? Okay I got it.
>pfft nigga we don't even need your bitch ass money
>We got money for fuckin days thanks to Epic
>Fuckin days
>Thanks for bein our paypigs tho
>Peace out bitch faggots and buy our game or dont LOL

>hate gamers
>make game

????

This post will surely help them get a job or secure a fanbase for their future endeavors in the industry.

Surely.

Attached: memedr.jpg (225x225, 11K)

can someone explain this patreon for me? I don't really understand it. people were paying for the development of the game, but they weren't actually signing up for it and still expected to have to buy the game at the end? am I missing something because that sounds retarded

Works for the comic book industry.

>husband mooching off of wife
>fucking up his only job as well

Unironically they may still because a good amount of people are resetera tier sycophants who will lick the boots of any dev regardless of their actions so long as they aren't "problematic." Klei was also a little dismissive of the epic exclusive shit, and they got rid of my boy warbucks for the most stupid of reasons, but at least they're giving people steam keys if they get it on epic so they don't have to pay twice.

Attached: 1477765051286.jpg (492x388, 39K)

>Wife actually makes the game
>Retard husband tanks their game's name while providing absolutely nothing of value to the team
Wew

After the whole day, they lost 25 patrons out of more than a thousand. What a disaster, it's like someone is manufacturing this outrage... but who could it be?!

Attached: 1561284211088.jpg (644x875, 94K)

>UUUUUUUUUUUH CAN YOU GUYS MAYBE NOT GET MAD ABOUT OUR ABYSMAL BUSINESS PRACTICES, AND GET MORE MAD ABOUT HUNGRY NIGGERS MAYBE?!?!?!?!?!?!
can you anons stop bullying the tranny I think it's hurting.

It has been four hours.

>the tranny

user it's a husband and wife team

jesus christ just watching these guys seeth is kinda pathetic...

How many layers of irony are we on?

Attached: 1540011852067.png (709x473, 37K)

>Two Spirit
Someone needs to put Beyond Two Souls on there.

This dev is so far up his own ass he can probably see his tonsils. People are being perfectly civil and he has nothing but snark for them while he acts like they're rioting. That penguin guy had a perfectly reasonable objection in that he literally cannot buy the game now because epic is retarded, dev just spat in his eye and called him an asshole for not worshipping his every move, and immediately jumped to the assumption that penguin saying he cannot buy the game now was an announcement of his intention to pirate. Imagine if you backed this shit on Kickstarter and after taking the chinkbux the dev tells you to fuck yourself. Hell, penguin probably did.

I think I'm willing to buy the theory that epic forces devs by contract to spout their canned pr lines regarding epic. All the dev had to do to not look like a huge douche who just threw his supporters under the bus was admit that ebin's shit was fucked and that he would be squeezing Tencent Timmie's pointed little head regarding the manner. Of course he can't do this if the epic contract forbade him from saying anything bad about epic.

Attached: 1563150343673m.jpg (1024x901, 81K)

Imagine being the Epic Store Guy that has to arrange and secure deals with these projects that will see little to no return. Then you see the folks that took your hand out publicly tell customers, "WE DON'T NEED YOUR MONEY, YOU ENTITLED FUCKS HAHAA."

>now watch this floss

Attached: 1562377788495.png (141x411, 21K)

Does this faggot have a name? Seriously

This guy gets it. Even games exclusive to steam should be shamed for forcing DRM down our throats. And yes, I know steamworks is laughably easy to crack, but that's not something we should have to do in the first place. Purchasing a product should entitle us to own it. We shouldn't be "renting" it despite paying full price. Whoever thought this was a good thing should get a smack in the face.

You know, these devs are doing more to sink EGS that Yea Forums's crying ever could. We should be thanking them

>actually were epic now we don't owe gamers anything
Why do you make a steam page if you're not going to sell on steam. I think if you make a steam page you should follow through.

I wouldn't purchase it all, if the devs were this unlikeable and entitled.

Pretty much every game Epic buys exclusivity for the Developers instantly start telling their audience to go fuck themselves, deal with it, download Epic, and they don't need them anymore.

What more reason do you need to dislike it?

>calling for dox
>calling to dox someone who you can literally just google

Attached: 1558918012797.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

Why the fuck would anyone care about tumblrshit?

what smart indie developer wouldn't take that deal when the alternative is basically playing russian roulette with your time and money?

they're just acting like complete dickheads about it. For people making a game that's so saccharine, they sure aren't pleasant themselves the second they get some negative press.

i'd never eve heard of this game before today but I'm still astonished about how shitty these cunts can be to potential customers

12 hours.

The drama is fun.

Still hardly enough time for your average non-autist to notice an update with this kind of thing.

You are correct on both counts
Most of these people show their true colours the moment they're questioned or threatened in any way, which is why they surround themselves with people who won't break kayfabe.

The whole saccharine aesthetic is ironic. These are mean, irony poisoned hipsters just like Phil Fish.

This is so jewish it hurts.
Also Rebecca is a jew name.

Yeah when I read the news about it being on EGS I didn't really care. I don't like Steam anyway so I'd probably end up pirating it (unless it had a DRM free release but I don't know if it would) but this sucks for Steam fans. That said even though it sucks for Steam fans I 100% don't blame the developers, if you want to blame someone blame Epic for giving them a deal so good they'd have to be retarded to decline it.
But then I read the blog post and my opinion of them changed. I still don't blame them for taking the deal but they're just a bunch of dickheads. I think all the people raiding them just because of the Epic hate bandwagon are dickheads too but I wouldn't blame their actual audience for turning on them at this point

I checked for you, resetera isn't very different from this thread right now

They're offering refunds

>they're just acting like complete dickheads about it
That's the real rub. Violating Business Rule #1 with a fortnite dance, while telling your potential consumer base that "we don't need the money."

And yes, they've actually done the above, while continuing to antagonize people on social media with passive aggression and snide remarks for the whole public to see. Epic's main issue has been negative PR from day day one, and they could actually save face by taking their money back from these entitled metropolitan hipsters, at this point.

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__22b04b161a1acc28492e0f2e65433408.jpg (392x442, 117K)

They couldve played it smart and just not be assholes about it. It's not even that they accepted the Epic deal anymore, people were actually willing to support them, but their attitude has completely eliminated any good will about them.

I figured they didn't mean to be rude, it just came out that way, and maybe i'd still try it when it came out on steam later.

Actually nope, they actually did intend to be rude, and then doubled down on everybody upset by that. Dude is operating under the idea that there's nothing wrong with the EGS period and that anyone who thinks otherwise is just a weird toxic gaymurr.

Should've hired a PR guy. Stupid hill to die on.

What's ooblets? Not the cornstarch + water thing, right?

Very cute, saccharine game set in a small town where you collect cute pokemon-ish critters. It had a charming style.

everything these sorts of people do has some infantile twinge to it. i guarantee you everyone on the dev team owns multiple funko pops and still talk like it's seventh grade

they're justifying selling their dignity. it may not be the worst excuse but it is an excuse

>Nvm, we don't need your money you entitled fucks lol
>FUCK YOU GAMERS, THIS IS YOUR FAULT
>Gamers, please come back.
>I didn't like making games anyway.

Attached: 1563800609197.jpg (1300x3225, 384K)

What is so fucking crazy about Epic is how little of a fuck they give about bad PR and how everyone they buy out seems to just start spewing shit. Epic could have terrible service but if they had better PR they would be in a much better place especially if they handled buying exclusivity better and tried to negotiate to some degree to make it so everyone didn't hate them. Like for Shenmue, MW or PP letting backers get it on Steam/GoG/Whatever on launch but everything after that point being Epic exclusive for a year or whatever.

So many ways to make it so everyone doesn't hate you. But EGS seems bound and determined to burn every bridge they can find like it is full of rebellious Tibetans.

it's kind of insane. with epic the customer seems to be barely tolerated on their platform. everything they do seems tinged with spite or encourages people to argue about moral bullshit.

they're trying to build a house with a roof on the bottom and carpet on the ceiling; you can't start with the exclusives and THEN fix your launcher after you've bullied everyone into unwilling using it

>Willingly giving your financial information to the Chinese

Spintires just got pulled from Steam. Anyone else can't find it?

Epic yoink?

wasn't spintires having legal trouble or something?

>join the discord
>think of an epic troll thing to write
>fuck @moderators and fuck epic!
>I have an announcement!
>get tired
>dont post anything and leave the discord
I'm too old for this shit. If only it were 10 years ago...

Attached: original.jpg (399x388, 70K)

i'm so fucking glad none of the discords i go to have one of Those People who dismiss every shitty thing a company they like does, by deflecting to how much MORE CONCERNED you need to be about [x massive global issue you literally can't do a fucking thing about that isn't even related to the topic]

I barely care enough to shitpost on here much less join a discord.

>dev takes the obvious cash paycheck from epic
>gets attacked by consumers who feel betrayed, some of whom usually go overboard because internet hate machine
>galvanize themselves into actively disdaining steam and consumers that use it because it's more comfortable to paint their harassers with a broad stroke than to accept that things are complicated and you can have massive dickweeds and people with genuine concerns on the same side

it keeps happening

fuck epic store niggers

Attached: 1475629800421.jpg (1500x1714, 563K)

Happened after a big update.

In this case though the Dev is being a gigantic dickhole about the whole thing and telling everyone to fuck off and that he doesn't care if you buy the game or not or if you even support the Patreon because they got paid.

He is handling it even worse than the XCOM guy.

>implying anyone plays the anno series

Based on their decision to move to Seattle, I'm thinking they made Ooblets as a sort of resume. That the hope is their little outfit gets acquired by a larger publisher and that they'll get to maintain a large degree of autonomy, working on the projects they like at their own pace while their publisher is content to throw money at them every now and then.

It's cute!
I wish them luck in t

Dev of Spintires fucking hated his publisher and made Mudrunners as a successor to it.

Spintires was most likely taken down by the publisher for whatever reason.

Attached: tink.jpg (1280x738, 179K)

XCOM guy? Can I get a quick rundown?

Only the biggest shills who have been following this game from the start are taking his side. The popular consensus is the devs are assholes.

Phoenix Point probably?

Yeah Phoenix Point. Gollup got bought out by Epic and told all his kickstarter supporters he promised releases to on Steam and GoG to go fuck themselves and even if they got refunds the money he got from epic would be more than enough to compensate.

>all this anger and seething over RHS
Awww is little baby Yea Forums made their fat lord Gaben isn’t in charge anymore ?
Hey, Vavle has had chance after chance to provide better inticement for Steam exlusivity.
Hey that reminds me what gas Valve been doing while this is going on? Oh right a rigged steam sale(which Yea Forums blames on reddit like a bunch of retards) and TF2 hats.
Steam is ass I’m not even that caring about this but fuck Steam. There is no bigger collection of furfags and bronies than steam. And don’t call me some epic shill either and reply with the tianamen sq bullshit I don’t care that much about this shit but I get a sadistic glee from seeing steam and valve asskissers stressed out. Portal sucks, Half life sucks, and TF2 is cancer.

>Phoenix Point
>Kickstarter

Retard

they thought shitting on gamers(tm) would be seen as funny and earned them brownie points with other indie devs/the twitter crowd

they've been living in a bubble

I've been looking forward to this game for a couple years now actually, and it's shaping up to be even better than I initially expected, but absolutely dropped.

Interesting. Spintires actually updated just yesterday or so. I wonder if that was the catalyst that caused some legal action.

His Fig supporters, whatever. Same shit.

Their damage control is so fucking bad.

Attached: Twitter.png (590x529, 285K)

I can tell you worked hard on this bait and will give you a (You) out of pity.

Attached: 1561992055010.png (768x768, 322K)

>get a lot of money
>immediately start talking down to the plebs
Pretty common phenomenon, symptom of resentment

Hold on a second... the climate is changing?!!!!!!!!!!

i want each of the 5200 people who liked this to suffer a panic attack in their sleep tonight

>same shit

That kind of ignorance is not possible withouth gaben semen in your mouth. Swallow it, faggot

People that go on about not owing someone something triggers the fuck out of me. It's only ever said when someone knows full well they're being a two faced shitbag and they can't think of any reasonable justification.

>Bro can I buy your game?
>I wish your kid dies too

Might as well

Jokes on you I use gog and pirate everything else. Kickstarter and fig are the same thing to me because what kind of dumb faggot crowdfunds anything?

Why would you fucking play this awful shit when Animal Crossing is on the horizon and the "pokemon" here look absolutely soulless?

>This dev actually seems genuinly nice and happy
>Explains they needed the momey to provide a better game, as well as paying an EXTRA MONTH OF RENT
>Game is going to massively tank because the other dev just outright doesn't give a shit about the people who supported him from the start
Geez.

Comics are culturally irrelevant and make next to no money. It absolutely does not work for their "industry" where it barely even has a reason to exist anymore.

Broke your nail? Starving children in Africa. Barista gave you one sugar instead of two? Starving children in Africa. Car troubles? Dog died? Heroin-addicted brother stole fifty bucks from your wallet? Somebody called you the big nigger-word on the Internet? Starving *clap* children *clap* in *clap* Africa. Really puts things into perspective.

The lady doesn't deserve the shitstorm her husband is brewing.
I feel kind of bad for her t.b.h.

It's so sad, it costs nothing to not make yourself a huge laughing stock

I understand why people sell out to Epic. It makes total sense to do it, it's guaranteed money, you don't need to worry about a lot of costs by doing it. It's completely logical. Personally I might even do it myself if I could squeeze money out of this dumbass company.

The problem is when Epic is doing this a lot with all kinds of games, which they are doing. It creates long-term issues by artificially limiting games that are on the same console to a certain storefront. Epic is just throwing around a bunch of money that sets a precedent for other people who want to jump on the train, and that money's going to run out. I'm not opposed to Steam having competition, but I am opposed to Steam's competition being a storefront that can only throw money around instead of offering basic quality of life in its storefront like a FUCKING shopping cart holy shit. It's a hostile takeover situation, and I won't support it. Everyone who is saying that it's okay to pirate these Epic exclusives since the devs have already been totally paid for and then some for their time is completely right. It's 100% fine to pirate these things. Epic is footing the bill. Let them do it, and then remember the people who sold out to Epic when they no longer offer this exclusivity kickback and see what those devs do in the future. This Ooblets situation would be no different from the others if this utter fucking shithead PR wannabe in their Discord understood what he was doing, but he is actually retarded, and you shouldn't enable him.

Attached: smart doggo.jpg (251x189, 6K)

>Want to make dream game
>Husband wants to help, so let him handle the business side of things and 'writing'
>Retard has no PR skills so he just shittalks yourpotential audience at the slightest hint of displeasure
Being the wife is suffering

I'm so sad I opened my mouth and got banned from their discord

Attached: 1536359836236.webm (960x540, 1.06M)

she does for not slapping his shit when he's obviously being retarded. Their desks are right next to each other, there's no excuse for this

It's just another launcher!!!1!!1

That’s not the damage control, that’s the main blast site.

Nobody gave a fuck about them taking the money, especially since it’s totally plausible that as a small indie game, they might realistically need it, unlike AAA studios going Epic exclusive. The awful “look, I understand that stupid people might not like this, but just think about it properly and you’ll understand that we’re right and that your concerns are dumb and wrong, okay sweaty?” announcement of it pissing everyone off.

>5.2k likes
I don't think I've even heard of this dev or this game before. Am I missing something here?

confronting a defensive person is hard. Even if you're as gentle as can be, there's a good chance that they'll just flip things around and make it somehow your fault.

tim finally did something good by keeping that ugly shit out of steam for a year

They must be contractually obligated to defend epic to the death, or at least refuse to say anything bad about them.

>...hopefully not too inflammatory post...
Kind of seems like she saw the shitstorm her retard husband was stirring up.

>don't condescend or act like your audience is beneath you
>don't act like a fucking dickhead
>neutrally explain the situation and apologize to those that can't use EGS for a legitimate reason/supply them with an alternative to get their game
Wow that was fucking hard. Stupid shitheads should never be put in charge of PR but for some reason a ton of indie games have this happen to them.

Attached: 1556213594462.jpg (1280x718, 113K)

It literally is just that. No matter how hard you try to change that with mental gymnastics

Search for the articles the husband wrote. I think he had an article revolving around focusing on marketing when making a game or something like that.

Shit's hilarious. I think it's the same name as his discord handle.

You're right, and since EGS shills call steam the most horrible thing to happen to video games, (IE being a launcher) then all launchers are bad.

wew

>Wife: Please, if you have any concerns and questions go to Discord, my husband will be happy to help!
>Husband on Discord: JUST CAUSE YOU DONATED 200$ DOESN'T MAKE YOU ENTITLED TO OUR GAME

99% of people in this thread never heard about this fucking game before. He's a fucking marketing god. And you retards are trying your best to help him promote his game for free

It's not just that. A launcher launches games. EGS is a storefront with a company behind it that is attempting to aggressively control what you can purchase and where you can purchase it, even when they're not involved in the development of those goods. This is a bad thing, in case you didn't understand.

>that can't use EGS for a legitimate reason/supply them with an alternative to get their game
Hasnt Epic shown their open to covering refunds too? Literally why wouldnt you pretend to be a nice human being? It'd cost nothing

These people changed the "battles" to a fucking dance off. That's the kind of devs these people are. The same humor as Coffee stain and the other millennial liberal hipsters in CA

Attached: Screenshot_20190427-075229_Twitter.jpg (1079x823, 203K)

>check their twitter
>folks folks folks and the folks that are folks
Why did SJWs/tumblrites/absolute faggots started using this word so fucking much?
I guess it makes it easier to identify them at least.

Well, yes? Steam and EGS is the same shit

folx is their final form
they use terms like y'all and folks to be gender neutral

as much as I hate egs, this is a really good move for ooblets since almost nobody would have heard of it without this bullshit controversy and they get paid upfront. It sucks for people who wanted to play it (not me) but you win some, you lose some. egs is fucking cancer I hope these retarded ass devs are not just making a short term gain at the cost of long term damage.

Yeah, and Amazon is just a store

Attached: 1552855729167.jpg (780x1061, 221K)

safe, gender-neutral, onions approved

>doesn't understand why
are developers this idiotic? Do they not even understand the platforms they release their shit on?

Sorry I'm not apathetic and an enabler

>promote his game for free

For a storefront nobody uses

From what ive seen people who were interested in the game before are pissed and people who just found out about it are calling the devs assholes.

So, just like steam did in 2005? I mean i realized you were an infant at the time, but if you have nothing against steam then you can't have anything against epic in terms of exclusivity shit.

BUT MUH FICTIONAL ANIMAL ABUSE

POKEMON BATTLES ARE ACTUALLY OPPRESSIVE

>y'all folks need to unpack the pupper

Tell me more about Steam’s exclusivity deals.

MORE THAN A FUCKING DECADE AGO

>just like steam did in 2005?

Shit I thought it was 2019, not 2005. Why is Epic competing with 2005 Steam?

>Well in 2005
Suck on a shotgun

You mean when there was next to no grouped storefront available on PC? What did they do, put fucking Counter Strike and Day of Defeat on there? How many games did Steam do this with? Did they do it to limit their appearance on other platforms? How many of those games were made outside of Valve as a company?

Fuck you, dumbass.

>some tumblr indie shit
Nothing of value was lost.

This is why PR is an actual job.

They're evolving

Attached: 1556468653174.png (967x89, 13K)

>For a storefront nobody uses

Cope, EGS is the future of pc gaming. They have all the kids, and you know what? Kids are the biggest % of the market. They already won

Jesus the contempt just leaks out of it, if this is their attempt at being subtle or diplomatic they should hire an actual PR guy to do this shit for them because holy fuck.

>Hurrr I don't really understand why the whole Epic thing is so divisive
Maybe do your fucking homework and find out why instead of trying to pretend that people's reasons and motives don't matter.
>The deal has been made and final but we'll totally be trying to keep an open discussion going, please ignore the blatant contradiction in the very concept of an open discussion about a matter that is set in stone
I mean holy fuck that's like shooting someone's dog and then saying you'll have an open discussion about letting them keep their pet or not. The fuck are you going to ever do at this stage you dumb fuck?

He abandoned Unreal Tournament.

They've co-opted southern vernacular for whatever reason to make those faggots seem more approachable because no one likes the way rich yankee yuppies and hipsters talk. They think talking like a southerner or a country bumpkin makes them more relatable to the working man or something. All it does is piss me off because I see words I use all the time being taken by them and now faggots like you would target me for being a faggot for using it in my own posts. Folks, ya'll, yonder, all that shit. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting some asshole who shouldn't be using my vernacular anymore.

You do realize most of the kids are playing on consoles and mobile right?

>whataboutism
>BUT THEY DID IT TOO, WHY CAN'T WE BE ASSHOLES AS WELL, DESPITE PEOPLE OPENLY SHITTING ON VALVE AND STEAM DAILY?

Thats gonna be a yikes from me senpai.

Chrome is just a browser

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2019-08-02T02-17-01.524Z.png (829x1845, 185K)

took me a minute to sort through all that shit but it sounds like the real selves of the staff came through after hours of dealing with people who were upset over the tencent contract.

they eventually came off as complete jackasses and now label almost everyone who disagrees with them over the association with the company as villains or trolls who come to "trigger" them.

it's a real echo chamber and i'm unwilling to look for arguments over when the statement was released.

Attached: you're still that guy.jpg (1784x869, 429K)

remembering boycotting amazon for years over their 1-click patent only for them to gobble up the world and become gayer than i could have ever imagined while i crawl back to buy from amazon.co.jp

There is no bad publicity

based epic friend

These types of people aren't pro-bernie at all

>kotaku
nobody cares.

Cope harder faggots, valve started third party exclusives on pc gaming more than a decade ago. Epic is just doing what worked for valve

very cool /pol/tard post

Absolutely based. Time to ship it out lad.

Can't wait to see Kotaku's article: MARRIED COUPLE INDIE DEVELOPERS BAITED INTO TOXIC RHETORIC BY ABUSIVE ENTITLE GAMERS

I feel for you don't get me wrong.
I won't dismiss a post just because it has that word, it's not like I don't take context into account.

Attached: 1564696996171.png (1697x925, 76K)

Which third party exclusives? Name them. Does Valve still do this? How many are there?

I use y'all and you can fuck off with this retarded overanalysis shit

user, I know that change is difficult for people in the spectrum, but you have to accept that the EGS is the future of PC gaming. Just buy it.

Attached: 1556742362427.png (800x678, 520K)

if it makes you feel any better i still maintain my yankee prejudice and associate southern vernacular with retards, so this appropriation just makes them sound like morons

He's not wrong. You're owed nothing, faggot. Take it on the chin alongside Sweeney's ropes of cum. ;^)

Attached: epic chad.jpg (623x623, 44K)

If a dev sells out to the EGS they aren't confident their game is good enough to actually sell

Attached: coolbear.gif (200x200, 617K)

Stop stealing my culture you fucking yankee.

Why would they do that now? They already killed their competitors with exclusives before you were fucking born you retard. Almost every game from 2005 to 2009 was paid to be exclusive on steam. But no one fucking cared that valve was murdering xfire because we had no brand loyalty to anyone back then, unlike zoomers now

Exclusives are a way of dealing with your competition. Steam hasn't had serious competition in fucking forever.

That's a Bingo!

They still don't have any competition.
These shitty games being bought out doesn't affect steam in the whole scheme of things.

I don't see you providing a list to back up your claim that this is the same situation. What a surprise.

That is a hell of a gif

It's not valves fault larger companies can't make a launcher better than steam.

Attached: egs.png (1770x305, 99K)

google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-08-19-introversion-steam-sale-saved-our-company
>"You absolutely have to be on that platform at the moment. Steam doesn't ask for exclusivity, and I know it's hard to get on there - Valve doesn't make it easy - but that's part of the challenge. If you want to run a company you have to find a way of getting your game on there."
introversion.co.uk/darwinia/
gog.com/game/darwinia
myabandonware.com/game/darwinia-cum

It's actually a bit sad. Despite always parroting STEAM NEED COMPETITION FROM EGS they themselves are afraid of competing on Steam.

>The video reveals how Healey, who went on to co-found LittleBigPlanet maker Media Molecule, found himself demoing the side project to a huge crowd at the Game Developers Conference and, just a day later, accepting $10,000 from Valve boss Gabe Newell to secure Rag Doll Kung Fu's release on Steam in 2005.

Oh no steam bros how gaben could bribe a developer?

Jesus

>trannyera
>retarded
What a shock

Valve is a company that cares the least about their customers. People who followed the blunder that was Artifact know it well. They can't even be assed to give lip service when things get delayed or go wrong. Where is the million dollar tournament? Did Valve just get away with scamming their customer base with a false promise?

But Stockholm syndrome paypigs want to perpetually give Gaben his 30% so he can sit on his ass high on his own farts and not make games while the clowns at Valve HQ pretend to be busy for the entirety of their six hours workday. It's pathetic.

Attached: 1561296943339.png (524x443, 477K)

>Kids
>Caring about PC gaming when "muh switch" or "muh exbawks"

Only person who needs to cope here is you, buddy.

Well, bribe money saved introversion. Imagine how many companies epic already saved.

Too bad gaben only paid 10k for rag doll kung fu exclusivity, not enough to save them

love the wait for half of a year backer rewards

If you are going to be a bitch attentionseeker at least don't use your usual buzzwords.

>VALVE DID EXCLUSIVES TOO!!
>Okay, what games did they make exclusive?
>SHUT UP THEY JUST DID OKAY?!
Every time.

When did the left and right swap positions of sucking corporate cock?

Yeah probably. It's a Pokemon clone that has has multiple E3 showings.

lol, the only competition was brick and mortar stores who fucking hated pc games like the plague and I'm sure are glad valve took that shit over

LMAO OOBLETS VIRGINS TREMBLING AT THE SIGHT OF TEMTEM CHADS

Allegiance doesn't matter, only opposing their enemies.

What a based and redpilled dev.

the egs defense force only exists because indieshitters want fortnite subsidies and artificial barriers to entry to limit competition

What the fuck is temtem?

wait so the woman codes, designs and even does the art fo the game, so what does the guy do?
does he do anything at all? what kind of relationship is that

some pokemon mmo that isn't out yet

Here's how Epic is covering refunds, in a short concise example
>Starring, Bourgeoisie and Peasant
>Bourgeoisie kicks peasant in the balls.
>While the peasant is rolling on the ground in pain, the bourgoisse says they're really sorry and gives them a fat stack of money.
>Once the peasnt gets up however, the bourgeoisie runs up behind him and gives him a running football kick to the balls again.
>The peasant says, "What the fuck you asshole?!"
>Bourgoisse says, "Oh man sorry about that, I forgot to mention that I'm still going to donkey kick you in the balls as many times as I want, whenever I want. But hey, I'll still compensate you by giving you my money. I'm just going to bust your balls whenever I want without you knowing. Hey, think Fast!"
>And then the bougoisse grabs the peasnt, knees him in the junk and throws some more money to him while he's on the ground and walks away.

For example:
Rag doll kung fu's
Darwinia

And now what, will you accept that you are a moron? Obviously not, you will cope with mental gymnastic like any other drone when faced with facts. Get the fuck out to steam forums already faggot

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ 1561246724128/image/547WkJvfrfxWeb5nYiqmAA/
Why do the people that spam this horrible trash do it so frequently?

>what kind of relationship is that
matriarchal

>what kind of relationship is that
White Knight and his Damsel

Probably the writer? Considering he said that the tone of the game will apparently be the same as the blogpost that probably confirms that he's writing everything.

store.steampowered.com/app/745920/Temtem/
guessing he means this

>MMO
Okay to be completely fair, if Ooblets and Temtem are both pokemon ripoffs the creature design here is miles fucking better than the abortion of an artstyle Ooblets has.

is he related to matt christman

>Two literally who examples compared to Epic grabbing at every indie game like the cumguzzling whore you think is your girlfriend grabs for dicks
>One isn't even an exclusive

Attached: retard.png (400x551, 127K)

yeah i'm not an expert on this temtem game but it certainly looks better visually

First one, then the other.

Okay but that's two games over a decade ago. What about everything Epic is doing? They're also buying out AAA games that would otherwise launch on multiple stores. What Valve did was "buy out" games that were on their own independent sites and not a centralized storefront. Your example is bogus.

Literally no one cares about the game, wow. Ooblets? What is this, let me guess. A cute pixelated platformer. Wow so original. You think this is worth even pirating? How good is this game?

Did they advertise from the start what launcher they were releasing the game on or were they shady about it?

Attached: oof.png (640x556, 60K)

L M A O

And now judging by OPs post they jumped ship just to be on epic. Scumbags.

How is this legal again?

what is their discord so I can join and let them know I plan on pirating their game and sharing torrents to as many people as possible

Look I get it, fuck the chinks for flaunting money around and shit but you never bought a fucking thing so don't be a god damn dumbass about it.

Legal what you stupid fucking wannabe lawschool / business graduate? On what grounds do you think that this is under the court of law when nothing's been fucking released yet?

God you're fucking dumb.

they didn't even do a kickstarter. which is annoying because I probably would have donated along with many others. the worst part is that they killed their own buzz. all they had to do was make an announcement that they got an offer they couldn't refuse from EGS and be done with it. now all they will get is the EGS money and not be able to pay their seattle apartment rent in 6 months.

Don't fall for the publicity stunt tards.

patreon.com/posts/what-is-first-14327057

>we will launch our game on steam and windows stuff please remember to preorder our game
>woops nevermind that we changed our mind, thanks for the money though

who even wants this abortion

>Never launched a thing.
>Never had anything to play.
>Still gave them money.

(You) me all you want, you have fun filing that empty lawsuit. I'm not replying to you anymore.

Attached: 1411081957826.png (500x340, 182K)

They don't owe us anything but we also don't owe them anything either. Fuck the devs. They're not getting any money from me.

ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/

>that fucking tone
would love to come to their house and beat the shit out of them

Attached: perlman.jpg (480x640, 34K)

This is some fucking superb viral marketing. I've literally never heard of this shit before this thread, and after Googling, it looks to be some faggy indie shit that nobody cared about in the first place.

This shit pisses me off as a southerner because these people hate us and want us dead
They're not trying to copy southern vernacular though, they're trying to copy nigger vernacular. Too bad most niggers happen to be from the south and talk somewhat like us

I have never preordered a game, I am actually fully against that being a thing, just saying that the fact they get away with it is bullshit and clearly people are too stupid to realize that they simply need to stop doing that so the law is the only recourse there is.
Stop being a smartass you fucking faggot.

don't mind me just opening my wallet to buy this masterpiece to own some gamers™

Attached: 3490628093476347.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

nearly spit my drink holy fuck, this guy is a grade a autist.

Attached: 1551477072929.jpg (337x404, 43K)

It's always funny that the only place you can find southern food outside of the south is in "soul food" restaurants run by blacks.

Looks like that Tumblr Earthbound that finally came out after 15 years. Y2KES or something.

it has been in e3 conferences

>changed the battles into dance offs
>added a dumb as fuck card system for no reason
>read this
>writer is an absolute idiot

They have no fucking idea what they're doing

that's where you should buy it in the south too

My first thought was "is those some sequel by those Y2KES retards?"

>food analogy

nig run restaurants are fucking disgusting
t. mississippi

It’s basic economics

>does the impossible
>creates a platform that manages to compete against "free"
>kills rampant piracy and saves the industry
>leads the industry in being consumer-focused
>turn your back on him because you simply cannot fathom the risk, investment, time, and strategy involved in managing to create that much value in the eyes of the consumer while simultaneously managing to capture virtually 100% of the PC marketshare

Attached: gabenewell2[1].jpg (836x664, 88K)

how is is legal then faggot?
they literally had KS and Patreon advertising the game to come out on steam and people gave them money for that reason how is it legal for them to jump ship after they made all the promises and got people's money?
the same thing happened with Shenmue 3 releasing on steam and doing the same switcheroo on E3, people got so mad that Epic had to step in a cover the money for the refunds people were rightfully asking for and at the same time they promised something like this wouldn't happen again and here we are

>even though i dont really understand why
This alone alone should tell you everything you need to know
Stay the fuck away from whoever these people are

Attached: 149543897548.jpg (314x205, 7K)

>oh your wife died and you paid into us at risk of your living costs to make your son have a way to cope with the loss?
>eat shit nigger

Attached: 1548575642040.png (768x1024, 878K)

the lady actually seems kind of understanding, at least in that hesitant sense when you're not sure you have the full picture

the dude kind of reminds me of the sort of person who finds difficulty in the notion that they don't have it all figured out

she's a snarky bitch too. fuck 'em both.

never heard of this game before, now i do. now i also know to avoid it and the devs that made it.

That game also had a boxed release that didn't use Steam. Try again?

They're baiting, the hateclick kind of baiting.

couldn't he just DM the guy and be like
"hey dude i will get you a build of the game that does not require the EGS sign up or anything, you just download it and run it on your computer"
or maybe if he still wants to be an ass just tell him "hey we're so stocked right now i will fully refund your all the money you spent on our patreon so you can fuck off"
i mean, jesus chris man fucking californians

SJW / Liberal Hipsters / Lefties co-op popular phrases from the working class and rural (likely Southern) "folks" because it it simultaneously makes them seem both in touch or sympathetic while also giving them an air of superiority that they can lord over the people they claim to represent but legitimately despise - IE, the working class.

I'a dev, and i guarantuee their codebase is spaghetti as fuck. It's very common for first time devs with no architectural experience to make half baked systems that are so messy and unwieldy they can't reasonably be finished. they're probably adding cards and shit to escape the nightmare that is everything else. artfags can't make games.

lol ebenezer scrooge would call that faggot a heartless tightwad

>progressives infest gaming
>infiltrate major studios
>create indie clique
>push progressive narratives in games
>someone points this out
>"STOP MAKING GAMING POLITICAL, RETARDS!"

slit your wrists

reminder that Nintendo and basically most japanese studios are the only ones who deserves monetary support
the west literally cant into games anymore, their war against the bad orange man has drove them crazy and no, Sony does not count since they moved their HQs to California in 2014

Attached: weww.jpg (734x787, 69K)

Attached: 03c.jpg (630x1296, 174K)