Why the fuck don't you play multiplayer games anymore?

Why the fuck don't you play multiplayer games anymore?

Attached: b%w.png (2480x3100, 1.42M)

because there are zero good multiplayer games

recommend me some
>inb4 what kind
your favorite

>anymore
i hate other people

But I do. I still play both of the TF2 regularly

I'm more interested in video games as a form of interactive story-telling (i.e. "art") than I used to be. Online games can still be fun, but there aren't any that I would rather play right now than good single player games.

Because they’re mostly a bullshit “progression” treadmill with 0 endgame.

I reinstalled TF2 today, thinking i could find a nice simple server, play some old school maps, just fuck about.
Community browser full of crappy plugins, idling, furries, achievements, 100% crits, bots, fucking ROLEPLAY.
I just wanna play TF2 like the old days.

I don't know why "the other player is a real person!!!" was supposed to enhance the video game experience in any way.
These days I feel more of an immediate revulsion to the internet "infecting" games. Like adding cash shop mechanics to CTR, there's just another game that would have been better if the internet had never existed

Multiplayer games have grown dull, for the most part. Everything is attacking the same playerbase and then trying to mould it into whatever it wants. Fun ends up being banned as everyone is forced into a meta progression with no shit talk, sprays, fooling around, or personality and everything has to be more of the same. If it doesn't fit the overwatch or whatever the flavour of the month is cookiecutter shape, the game is barren and forgotten, leaving you to play it alone anyways.

It's hopeless.

Yea Forums has turned into a hive of scum and villainy, so many annoying insufferable faggots it's impossible to be near another Yea Forumstard for very long.

I agree with these two, it feels like most online games are watered down versions of what should have been better games. That plus all the annoying things about online games like shitty servers, chinese players, cheaters

The only online multiplayer game I really enjoy is TF2. I do play a bunch of local multiplayer games with my friends though.

If we're being truthful, popularity does equal quality.
Fortnite is more popular than Apex because its the better game.
Playstation is outselling Nintendo because it's the better console.
Smash Bros is more popular than Street Fighter because it's the better game.
WoW has more population than XIV because it's the better game.

It's time to accept reality.

I played UT2004 today. No bots, only human players.

Why would I use leisure time for something I don't like?

Or it could mean more marketing. Word of mouth might be strong these days, but it's nothing compared to marketing.

The fighting games I like would require me to specifically go out of my way to find the handful of people who still play (BlazBlue CF/TAG) or none of my casual friends want to play me because they say I'm too good (Smash, though none of them have actually tried yet to confirm it).

I don't enjoy team based or co-op games much because I constantly feel like I'm going to do something wrong that the entire team gets punished for. I don't enjoy that feeling.

I've yet to play an MMO that actually entertains me on the gameplay level. I gave FF XIV like 10 hours I think and it never actually became fun in that time, I was just going on in the hope that I'd talk to randoms eventually or something.

I don't know any other multiplayer games.

Attached: 1501344207794.jpg (1080x1101, 101K)

>I don't enjoy team based or co-op games much because I constantly feel like I'm going to do something wrong that the entire team gets punished for. I don't enjoy that feeling.
user that's post-trauma behavior. Not everyone is out to hurt you and there are people out there willing to help and work with you as you grow. You don't need to do everything alone and you don't need to push people out. There are plenty of kind people out there, trust me. I think you'll find way more fulfillment if you give co-op another chance.

I'm south american. The only servers that won't give me outrageous ping are brazilian ones (fuck that) in very popular games.
The games I tend to like are not very popular so the only choice I have is playing with 200 ping, which honestly sucks and I'm also ruining the fun of other people because it's not fun to play against someone that's teleporting all over the place.

I don't rely on other people to have fun

I hate other people

Attached: Beepo .jpg (1953x2013, 687K)

stop playing dead ass fighters and join the SFV train, easy solution.
also play PSO2 or Burning Soulworker

Matchmaking
I refuse to play any multiplayer game that doesn't allow community hosted servers.

Because there's no Strike Witches or other mecha musume game that plays like Ace Combat

I’ve unironically turned to PVE gacha slot machine waifu collection games because everyone else around me can might as well eat ass and given me an aversion to socially interacting with others. My shit’s fucked

I know this is bait but there is also a hint of truth to it. Often the better game is popular but many of those things are popular due to marketing and franchise loyalty.

The only good multiplayer that i still enjoy in fucking 2019 is wolfenstein enemy territory

Attached: illust_72947878_20190802_023901.png (800x1130, 325K)

>forced ranked matchmaking
>culling of community servers
>community servers with donation begging, powertripping mods, etc
>no modding allowed, or extremely minimal support for it
>hypersensitivity over "toxicity"
>nonstop political bullshit in chats
>forced chat filters, votekicks
>chinese cheaters widespread
>popular games are full of microtransactions and children

Attached: f73881af758e4e4638205ec636a47fa0.jpg (1000x1000, 532K)

My dream is to make a team shooter in the vain of TF2/Overwatch that focuses on community and mod support over competitive play and matchmaking. I miss those days of just finding "the right server" and just having a good time with regulars you see on a daily basis.

cute sweaty okitafeets!

I know, which is why I’m not against it myself. But the feeling is still there and it’s not fun, and if it’s not fun, why play the game at all?

I own SFV on PS4 and PC. I never got into it as I just don’t like how it feels. I like mobility in fighting games especially, SF is too slow and locked down movement wise for me. Also I don’t have friends that play it so I’d just play with ransoms, in which case I already have Smash.
I’ll take a look at those two

Try racing games. None that shit.

Its boring. Theres not a lot of depth or actual cooperation or team effort going on.
I also dont have friends, and have a hard time genuinely connecting with people in-game anymore. So I dont have as much fun as I potentially could.

Attached: manlet dancer.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

because gunz is dead

and every game this gen has gotcha mechanics for babies who cant hold thier shit together

Attached: gunzw91024jU225847T1.jpg (1024x768, 372K)

It's 2019 and nothing comes close to how fun TF2 was.

>anymore

I never did. I want to explore and check out the scenery, other people want to rush ahead and complete everything as fast as possible. That's fine, but that's not for me.

Attached: 1553123892643.png (644x745, 229K)

But I do. I play SC2 and Paladins.

I prolly played 1k hours of gunz back in the day - good times.

cope. learn how to time combos instead of spamming moves. airdashers are extremely shallow and that's why no one plays them. fighting games should have an element of strategy to them you're just distracted by the oppai

I've been irritable all summer so far and don't have the patience to deal with other peoples' shit in games.

me too, I would wake up 6am on weekends to play and my mom would get mad as fuck because I would be mashing my keyboard like an autist so early.

because what's the point when they keep changing things so much to appease whiners they they play completely differently every six months?

are you a woman, an aspie or just an asshole?

What I was suggesting is that you work through the uncomfortable emotions. Of course you're not having fun, because you're torturing yourself with insecurity, constantly worried about what you're doing wrong.
You need to give yourself the chance to learn and accept the fact that you're learning and growing. I will add that playing games that are self reliant has proven to contribute to crippling social issues.

>learn game
>spend a lot of time learning it
>patch comes out like a week later
>no drive to play anymore

its like they hate my money

My only friend likes to play siege and lately he's been not playing that. i think he's tired of me.

Do you think you could still kstyle? Why did the game have to die, user?

I play APB daily but I wish I didn't. I get angry every single time but I'm hopelessly addicted so I keep coming back.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with M and ends with icrotransactions

i got sick of siege, terrible netcode and too many defensive chokes like CS.

wheres the fun in staring at a slit for a heasdhot?

developers are retards

Every time I see this picture or the other versions going around I get a strong feeling this is traced from something I've seen before

Autism is such a pest

I'm not normally any of these things but the heat is unbearable right now

i skipped school like every other day to play gunz
i probably clocked like 6-8k hours
they would always kick me from the rooms for sniping with revolvers at 0-80 ping efficiently

my parents hated the noise i guess thats why i skipped so much.

game died because it was pay 2 win, not only did you need a premium armor set to compete, you also needed to purchase pmeds every 90 days or something. and near the end of its life they released even more OP shotguns and armor in the store.

also there was no individual match making like games today have. they only had it for clans.
there are private servers up, but they have ruined the balance of the game. all of them.

it was already unbalanced. for example FgunZ server has shotgun reload times at 1.8 seconds and revolver reload times at 2.2 seconds. both of which are 2.0 seconds in vanilla

Attached: he was right.jpg (858x982, 199K)

no friends lol

Alot of that pay2win shit didn't even happen until the last few years. It was a while ago so my memory might be wrong, but I think when ijji took over that was the first time quest mode and the pay2win shit started popping up.

this, fucking this.

It's so fucking hard to find a decent server.

I don't have the time...

I never thought I would ever get to the point in life where I legit don't have time for video games, let alone multiplayer.

Attached: 1563942978335.png (256x256, 26K)

Mainly an FPS guy on PC
>TF2 is utter dogshit now
>Quake Champions, despite what boomers and shills say, is awful
>OW has the forced 50/50 matchmaking that makes you lose all interest once you are aware of its existence
>CS is garbage in all iterations. Source is fine for once in a blue moon while GO has bad netcode and is infested with cheaters
>PUBG is PUBG
>Apex doesn't have a solo mode
>UT is dead
>Quake Live is enjoyable until 40+yos injecting show up which might be all the time depending on the 3 or so active servers in your area

The only FPS game I play on occasion that is good is Dirty Bomb but even that has to be at right times and praying you don't get third world HUEs with 120+ ping. The only game I can think of that would respark my interest in online FPS games is the MCC coming to Steam. If it is good quality and has a decent playerbase then I'll have found my new go-to game. If not, then I'm moving on from the genre

I hope you find time to disable your fucking trip, or hang yourself. Preferably both

Trash talking was fun to listen to. Now nobody uses mics and everyone is banned for saying git gud in chat.

Why should anyone use mics?

Hey how long have you been on Yea Forums? I swear I've been seeing you here for a good twelve years or so

But I do

Because I am shit at video games, and losing over and over again is not fun. When I play such games I get ultracompetitive and when the inevitable loss comes it just feels like shit.
On the other hand, in my comfy single player games I can play on easy and have fun without having my lack of skills judged by people.

Attached: 1532904912090.png (800x450, 322K)

I have literally nobody to play with and games that let you co-op with randoms are pretty rare these days.

I'll still judge you for playing on EEEH EASY MODE as will others, but we're all just a bunch of autists anyway so who cares. Games are supposed to be fun.

Yeah its around that time.
Life has certainly changed since my Yea Forums birth.

Because then they'd get exposed as scrubs

I don't have many friends who play games.

To trash talk eachother and entertain me.

the average videogame consumer is braindead and soulless
you have 2 options to get a high iq player base
1. high skill ceiling; twitch shooters, milsims, mount blade etc
2. niche as fuck genres, usually inapplicable to multiplayer games

Attached: 2016-10-17_18-19-41.png (416x345, 324K)

>Because I am shit at video games, and losing over and over again is not fun.
t. played 4 matches and lost so he's done
keep playing r-tard

>its free real estate

I never did. Very few interest me.

>That plus all the annoying things about online games like shitty servers, chinese players, cheaters
not to mention the chinese cheaters

When comparing to popular things the more popular one does tend to be slightly better, but both are generally shit. Popularity is a measure of marketing campaigns and legacy far more than it is quality.

If it's not a fighting game or ctr, then fuck people
Can't trust them in monster hunter and I don't enjoy shooters or any of the open world sandbox meme games like gtao

I'd be your friend but I'm too autistic.

every shooter now is garbage or has a dead community or is a shit battle royale. thats why

You've always been a faggot.

I like challenge in singleplayer games because the only person I'm really competing against is myself, but for multiplayer games I feel the same way as you.

I probably would have to take a few days to take the rust off and get the timing off all stuff again, but I don't think I will ever try so hard like back in the day.

Something bothering you, bruh?

Attached: 1562022628146.png (400x400, 172K)

few games are based on a skill curve in which the player has to learn about certain mechanics and adapt to what they're using, for example guns in FPS games are so balanced that they all perform the same and feel the same so there's no rewarding gameplay

>game died because it was pay 2 win, not only did you need a premium armor set to compete, you also needed to purchase pmeds every 90 days or something. and near the end of its life they released even more OP shotguns and armor in the store.
There was absolutely a lot of p2w stuff but I know for sure that the skill ceiling was so high that you could still manage being f2p and have a lot of success. I feel like what actually killed the game was the pretty much non existing anti cheat system.

I like cool outfits but you have to buy everything in games nowadays instead of unlocking. A lot of games with repetitive game play, like multiplayer, loses out on a lot once you take away progression and replace it with pay walls. Also having a things like a family and stuff really makes you reconsider that next microtransaction. I've been mostly sticking to dead by Daylight because I've run the course of fun on everything else.

Because i like to play games on my own pace

PvP games are unpleasant. You spend like 80% of it being mad and the other 20% hoping the other guy is mad.

Feels like a waste of time when you could be playing any of the numerous SP games from your backlog. And by that I mean that I don't buy MP games on release so by the time I get it at a steep discount and learn the ropes the game is 90% likely to already be dead or filled with hackers, and also everyone's already ten times more skilled. I do long back to the days I used to play them for hours though, last I spent a hundred+ hours on was Tribes Ascend.

Sounds like you're just a terrible person.

You know you'd have more time for vidya if you got the fuck off Yea Forums. Loser.

just waitin for modern warfare
zoom zoom

These days I only passively browse Yea Forums passively at work while I'm doing other stuff. When I get home I have too much stuff to focus on.

eso is shit
wow/runescape is boring
i done all the content on destiny 2
and ff 14 is too weebshit for me

But I do, just not most modern ones. Smash Ultimate is a lot of fun with friends locally, and occasionally online.

TF2 is still decent, although it's not in its prime anymore. I'm really excited for Halo MCC on PC and Infinite too.

discord and teamspeak ruined multiplayer