What games have the worst second half?

What games have the worst second half?

Attached: Persona 5.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

Xenogears

Fucking based. Too many people haven’t even gotten far enough to know this.

Final Fantasy XV

Dark Souls 1 to an extent, I like every area and boss except the Demon Ruins ones

Bioshock

Bonus Question: What game(s) has the worst first half?

Not Persona 5, you literally got pleb filtered by repeating Yea Forumstard opinions.

Maybe Spore? It starts out strong but it becomes painful less than a quarter of the way into what a whole playthrough would be

Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Persona 5 is fucking garbage after Kamoshida's palace. Not even a debate.

>proving his point word for word

This desu
not shocked that Yea Forums didn't want anything to do with a game about activism though, literally the exact opposite of what it stands for

MGSV: TPP.

To be honest, it’s not like the first half is too good either:
>first half has you adventuring around in comfy-ish open world, yet also wondering when the plot is going to start considering that almost nothing of note happens
>2nd half crashes the plot in your face like a runaway train and puts you in linear, shitty dungeons
They’re bad in different ways, but both fail to be a satisfactory experience.

not really. id say kamoshidas IS a high point but its definitely not the best part of the game lol.

Planescape Torment

Final Fantasy XIII? It never becomes a good game, but at least it feels like it’s trying something when you get to Pulse. Before that, you just keep running through linear areas that have barely any meaningful plot content before chapter IX.

i genuinely think if they had finished the game it would of been a 10/10- yes its not exactly a GOOD thing when a game needs a bunch of post launch dlc's and patches to fix it

>literally repeating the Yea Forums shitpost from people who haven’t played the game word for word

Why is this game popular with leftist and niggers?

Good one. While one can always argue about whether Duke’s Archives, Catacombs/ToTG andNew Londo are bad or not, I don’t think that there’s anyone who thinks that they are better than the first half. The drop of quality is so damn obvious.

git gud shitters

The best part of the story was in the second half

Vesperia got really bloody awful. You just keep following the whims of your autistic princess and the game suddenly shifts the plot into you trying to figure out how to combat pollution.

Awakening

Because they have taste

Comparatively or completely?
XB2 doesn’t have a good intro to its own mechanics or story

It has a very unique atmosphere, a good party chemistry and some very memorable moments (I personally liked the desperate train ride near the end, for example), but yea, you can just see how much there’s missing and the pacing is atrociously bad. First off the story begins slow as snails and has you doing sidequest-tier errands, then the second half kills stuff off so fast that it’s hard to even care about it all anymore.

It’s really a shame, you can almost see how the game could have been if it had just got more actual dev time instead of being stuck in development hell.

you first, op.
"i didn't play the game, i'm just parroting shitposters from Yea Forums": the opinion

But I arrived at that conclusion on my own, how can you prove that I got that opinion from others? That’s some pure logical fallacy

Persona 3

Chapter 1 is pretty good. It's chapter 2 and half of 3 that are slow.

life.

Attached: life.jpg (250x290, 28K)

you say this like that shovelware has a good half.

More like last 1/3, but Bioshock sure deserves a mention here. All that atmosphere and creative areas are switched to run-down apartments with hordes of bulletsponge splicers to fight, while the plot also loses all of its steam. It’s like the game reaches the climax 2/3 through and there’s nothing new and exciting left to show in the last 1/3.

I would say it is, at least from a writing perspective
It’s the dungeon where you get to know the villain the best, the dungeon itself represents an area you spend most of the game in in the real world. Kamoshida’s abuse of Ryuji and Ann is well written in how he justifies it, what it constitutes, why it’s hurtful and how Ryuji and Ann feel and are affected by it.
So all that build up is great and then you get a genuinely great resolution where Anna forces Kamoshida’s shadow to acknowledge the irrational hurt he puts others through and he gives up his treasure voluntarily and confesses.
It executes on all the themes of the story while juggling a well paced arc and sympathetic charactwrs

agreed. i hate to be a DeepBoi about it but nothing hurts more than wasted potential. gotta wait another 20 years for the next ff game while they remake babys first rpg

why are you such a faggot?

Persona 3
Metal Slug 5
Bioshock
Brutal Legend
Wind Waker
Devil May Cry 4
Viewtiful Joe
Shenmue II
Odin Sphere
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Vesperia
Bravely Default
Earthbound
Twilight Princess
Tales of the Abyss
Banjo-Tooie
Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts II
Fire Emblem Blazing Blade
Dark Cloud
Suikoden III
Okami

Attached: nz574i10.png (114x127, 13K)

True, but if we take the aggregate quality of the first half compared to the second half, it’s way more drastic a jump in quality compared to most games

this is Yea Forums take your well-articulated opinions about video games and go

Attached: 1490431261753.png (540x396, 460K)

Because you are literally repeating the exact words Yea Forums told you before you even played it. You got memed by a bunch of salty faggots before you even played the game, that’s how weak minded you are.
You have to have either not played the game or be a retarded Yea Forums parrot to think the game didn’t get considerably better after kamoshida’s palace.

most games

Sure.

The whole point is that each villain became more and more distant from the Phantom Thieves for the ruse. It’s amazing how every person with this complaint literally didn’t understand the basic plot points of the game even with how much it beats you over the head with them. This is such a common thing with persona 5 on Yea Forums.

> Worst 2nd half
1. Indigo Prophecy
2. Xenogears
3. Life is Strange
4. Heavy Rain
5. Final Fantasy VIII
6. Mass Effect 3
7. Beyond Two Souls
8. Persona 5
9. Dragon Age: Origins
10. Skyward Sword
11. Red Dead Redemption 2.
12. Fallout 3
13. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
14. Uncharted 2
15. Telltale's TWD Season 2
16. Uncharted 4
17. Xenoblade Chronicles
18. Dark Souls
19. Kingdom Hearts III
20. Metal Gear Solid 4
21. Bioshock
22. Final Fantasy IX
23. Detroit: Become Human
24. Bioshock Infinite
25. Batman: Arkham Knight
> Worst First Half
1. Twilight Princess
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Fallout 4
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Final Fantasy XII
6. Okami
7. Kingdom Hearts II
8. The Witcher 3
9. Metal Gear Solid 5
10. Star Wars: KOTOR 2
11. Persona 4
12. Red Dead Redemption 2
13. Uncharted 2
14. The Last of Us
15. God of War 4
16. Uncharted 4
17. Horizon: Zero Dawn
18. Undertale
19. Grand Theft Auto IV
20. Pokemon Sun/Moon
21. Mass Effect 3
22. Skyward Sword
23. Kingdom Hearts III
24. Kingdom Hearts
25. Tales of Zesteria

Not him, but there's nothing wrong with saying Kamoshida's Palace was the high point of the game. It serves as its own complete story arc since all the introductory stuff for the game writ large also serves as the introductory stuff for Kamoshida's Palace specifically, and since subsequent Palaces build off the introductory setup that Kamoshida's already laid down you can't say the same about the rest of them. In other words, Kamoshida's can work as its own story, while the rest serve only as chapters of a longer story. Additionally, because the cast is much smaller, each individual person is allowed to develop and be fleshed out properly, while subsequent Palaces end up being focused on one or two specific characters, often times to the detriment of even the Palace owner in addition to previously-existing party members. Okumura's is the biggest example since everything about him and Haru ends up feeling like a sideplot to Morgana's Self-Esteem Issues.

So no, it's not automatically retarded to think that Kamoshida's Palace is a high point. What's retarded is thinking that the game goes downhill after it because it means the poster is either parroting meme opinions or incapable of judging the game as a complete whole.

It's not a ruse in the beginning though. Madarame was chosen directly by the PT themselves without Shido's group's interference.

I’m not saying Kamoshida’s palace was bad, but Madarame’s palace right after it is better and it’s retarded that people somehow think it went downhill.

Second half? Persona 5 falls apart after Kamoshida. Literally everything afterwards felt pointless.

>Xenoblade Chronicles
Fucking how?

classic "i tried watching a let's play but got bored when i realized it's 100 hours" opinion

Exactly, it was a slow process for them to lose their way, but it was their first target that they thought they might get famous for taking down which started their descent. Then they go after Kaneshiro to become even bigger in the public eye, and then because of that Futaba traps them into doing her palace which is a sign that their popularity is getting to be too much for their own good, and then okumura where they’re entirely doing it for the ratings from the site even though they were tampered with.

Kamoshida > sae > yald > kenashiro > maderame > okumura = futaba

> Implying Persona 5 has any gameplay & isn't a glorified dating social sim simulator

>persona 3 has a worst second half
Nigga wut

Attached: 17E626AD-E22A-4256-8043-2F3676735898.jpg (624x468, 54K)

>it’s another Yea Forumsdrone parrot
Play the game faggot.

You make it sound like "losing their way" was some grand overall theme the game was supposed to show. Regardless of whether it was or wasn't, that would've worked better if they did it themselves, not through external forces.

You literally just proved him right. Persona has more hours of gameplay in one playthrough than most games. The dating sim is a meme that retards like you parrot, can you tell me how much time in the game is spent on romance? I guarantee you can’t because you haven’t played the game.

>okumura where they’re entirely doing it for the ratings from the site even though they were tampered with.
this is also why the group starts to fracture at that point in the game and it's part of why morgana quits. even they know deep down that okumura is blatant mission creep and they're drifting away from their original purpose as a group.

>You make it sound like "losing their way" was some grand overall theme the game was supposed to show.
Yes, it was the whole fucking point, how daft are you that this somehow went over your head? It’s the entire reason the game happens, everything leading up to Sae’s palace where the game started is in service of that idea.

>Persona 3
Um... excuse me?

Final Fantasy 6

thanks for proving my point. at least half of a playthrough is the gameplay you wanted

The full moon operations start getting rushed out with weak bosses and then winter happens.

Exactly, and people misunderstand the whole Morgana conflict and the weight of the situation there too. It made perfect sense that they were all on edge at that point being so concerned about what society will think of them, which shows they lost their way because they each joined because they rejected what society sees them as.
And of course the game ends with them breaking the shackles of society and it’s sheepish herd mentality.

Persona 5 went to shit starting at the bank chapter.

The over reliance on the app to solve problems really sucks all the tension out of Persona 5. It gets better when Sae's about to bring the full heat of Japanese Law on them. Making her side with them was a mistake because she was clearly a better character hunting Joker down and wanting to bring him to justice.

Is it shitposting to call out people who say P5 fell apart in the first half? Seems like it now.

Yaldy was fucking dumb. Shido had a terrible built up and payoff. I wasn't really feeling the game from Futaba onwards and while Sae's palace was fucking great, the plot surrounding it and the rest of the events at that point weren't selling on me.

Kamoshida > Madarame > Futaba > Sae > Shido = yaldy > Kaneshiro

But no, go ahead p5drones. Tell me why my opinion is trash and I got memed on despite me playing this and finishing it when it first released without ever going on Yea Forums to avoid spoilers

Attached: Persona-5-Mini-Details_11-26.jpg (600x338, 33K)

Dragon's Dogma
Literally the only salvageable part of that game was its end-game, and Bitter Black only serves to re-enforce that sentiment.

Nigga, Persona 3 has the best third act in the series.

Cope

I actually loved ARR.

Attached: 35736d3e-6087-436c-abfa-6bbfaffad1e8.jpg (800x450, 34K)

>Kaneshiro
I'm honestly mad that Kaneshiro didn't turn into Mainline Beelzebub.

Yaldy is boring because he's Persona's YHVH without the over the top shit that made him good in Mainline.

p3's ending has nothing on either of the p2 games.

the first few hours were pretty damn comfy.

yaldy is less record scratch and more of a poor man's lawfag version of nyarly.

They should've had the villains become less and less morally reprehensible instead of less and less interesting given that you'll be stuck with fucking lame villains for at least 30 hours in a playthrough. Your claim also doesn't hold up considering Okumara and Kaneshiro aren't distant to the Phantom Thieves and still aren't any good.

The ending to EP sucks

You're really hung up on this losing your way thing. They weren't losing anything. They were fully acting out their own justice, giving the oppressed freedom from their tyrannical rulers. Even after the PT discovered that they've been rused for most of the time, nothing changed for them. They just readjusted their target.

And example of losing your way would be someone like Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia. All he wanted was to create a world free of discrimination so his race wouldn't constantly be used as scapegoats. But over time, that goal became twisted and he comes to the conclusion that he should just turn everyone into an emotionless doll; that way there'd be no fighting or hate.

> Pokemon Sun/Moon
the only thing salvagable from the whole Gen VII is Kukui and Gladion, everything else Including its mediocre ost can die in a fire.

Dark souls 1. Nothing after Ornstein and Smough is really fun, except maybe Gwyn

Out of the trilogy, I honestly think Yaldy was the most forced god appearance out of all of them. I get it, it's suppose to be jarring. It still takes you out of the experience and cuts off the hype train right there. Shido was already a massive disappointment (I already hated the fact he's the guy who fucks you over in society and it's not a literal who) and he's just edgy to be edgy.

I'll still buy Royal but they probably won't fix the problems I had with the original.

>the over reliance on the main mechanic that lets you battle ruined it
?????

Yaldy is literally the exact opposite of Nyarly. The fuck does creating a prison of order and security have to do with literal crawling chaos?

Second game sucked dick. Quit riding your overrated duology.

git gud

V has a terrible second half because it makes no sense for Michael to be afraid of Martin when he did multiple life threatening heists, and Franklin has no arc once he leaves the hood.

IV had a terrible second half because Niko is just running around Liberty City doing missions for mobs.

They are less morally reprehensible, okumura arguably did nothing wrong, Futaba just wanted to save herself, and Sae was just carrying out justice even though she did screw a lot of trials

I'd say the god appearance that started getting foreshadowed the moment Igor opened his mouth is less forced than the goddess appearance where you have to literally back out of the ending at the last second and do a bunch of unintuitive shit that you'd need a guide for.

P3 is trash stop pretending it was good. P2 blows it out of the water.

It was optional in P4 though.

Joker seems more emotionally invested in solving his confidant's problems than the main heists.

>best third act
>you literally can't do anything
>oh but so deep and muh atmosphere sad comfy

But I liked new Igor because he felt like a three dimensional character. Making him the imposter really killed P5.

Huh, I guess Oreo and Smores really is about halfway through the game. How many required bosses are there after them, assuming you didn't do some of them early.
>Big Doggo
>4 Cheeses
>Ceaseless Diarrhea
>Lava Centipede
>Tree bitch
>AIDS: The Boss
>Real Fucking Neato
>Seething

Attached: 1269198741355.jpg (387x357, 12K)

I loved digital devil saga. I could really get into the P2 duology though.

Attached: SeraphitaDDS.png (360x995, 267K)

FFVIII

Rockstar has always been terrible in doing cohesive plots, you always end up doing random shit that isn’t really related to your main character’s driving motive.
>San Andreas has you doing some odd jobs for entire San Fierro and Las Venturas, only couple of missions tie directly back to your core problems in Los Santos
>GTA IV has you becoming a mob goon in second half, despite the fact that Niko doesn’t really seem to have a real reason to do so
>RDR actually has a good last part, but the middle of the game has you doing mostly irrelevant stuff in Mexico
>GTA V plot is just weirdly all over the place, you just kinda of do stuff for the sake of doing stuff most of the time, and the entire FIB shit feels so very contrived

Persona 5 has absolutely NOTHING on this.

Attached: bravelyDefault.jpg (1500x1334, 217K)

>the single biggest thing they could have done in the context of the franchise to reinforce the themes of the game killed the game
and a hurrdurr to you too

To be fair, you have to spend a minimum of 10 days on a confidant compared to the 1 or 2 you spend doing a dungeon to take out the current bad guy. And you have to think about what you say rather than just bruteforcing your way to the solution.

yaldy's goals are the opposite of nyarly, but his tactics are similar, which is why i said he's the lawfag version of nyarly.

Literally any fucking Dragon Quest game, god they all feel like shit until you get halfway into the game and can actually experiment with spells

shit you're right, I didn't even bother to finish it

SMT4

SMT4A

What pissed me off about P5 was the palace weren't even heists. They just go in, brute force the problem and get out. Sure there's a few exceptions in the earlier ones but I was expecting more Madarame stuff where they go interfere with stuff in the real world.

the thing with Persona is not as much that gets bad is just that the schedule simulator gest tiresome very quicky and the game has no debpth because of it, the only "difficulty" on teh game is that you have to basically 1 day every dungeon to be efficient, is shallow and not gameplay, and I say all this while loving the game.

Just answer the question seriously

Also the crystal cave

4A had a great second half, only the final dungeon was bad which I don’t really count as part of the second half of the game since I didn’t go for the ending with record scratch, Steven just kind of rolled up after I finished and said I should go do that if I want to.

Igor being the villain makes no sense within the context of the game. They just made that part up to justify why he has a new VA.

You’re actually retarded

I don't even understand the point of the whole "phantom thieves" thing. The early trailers stressed that this was a game about rebellion, about breaking free from the shackles of society. I just can't see how some vigilantes stealing mind shit is connected to that idea.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Pokemon Sun and Moon

No, my problem is that Ryuji's the only one serious about rebelling against society. Everyone else treats him like an idiot.

they literally built up to it in persona q by not putting igor in that game at all, claiming he disappeared and that the velvet room was unstable without him.