Just finished it...

Just finished it. This would have been a perfect 10/10 magnum opus of the action genre if they didnt force you to play as V and had the 2nd of the game filled with bland environments inside the qlipoth. DMC 6 when?

Attached: dmc5.jpg (329x153, 12K)

>V
he has literally 4 missions fuck off
>bland environments
level design has never been DMC's strong suit

unpopular opinion
I think buster and those charged shots for nero are shitty mechanics and thats why they block them until you beat the game once

Unpopular opinion: V is actually really fun to play as. I do wish he had a bit more to him though. I have no idea how to get cuhrayzee with him however.

>I think buster and those charged shots for nero are shitty mechanics and thats why they block them until you beat the game once
I was so pleasantly surprised by this, you have no idea. Felt incredible to actually unlock something at the end of the game again, and it was pretty substantial too. Felt like I opened up a whole dimension of depth for Nero.

Playable V a shit

>level design has never been DMC's strong suit

No reason for 5 to suffer the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel collection of corridors filled with training dummies that it does

5's shit level design/structure/layout is the biggest criticism of any DMC outside of 2 for a reason

Attached: 1552437876509.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

>level design has never been DMC's strong suit
And its okay to keep having it be like that?

Level design has nothing to do with bland environments you dumb ass zoomer

It's kind of jarring because the city Missions and M8 are actually good and have good level gimmicks and/or interesting enough locations. The Missions in the Qliphoth except the aforementioned M8 as well as M15 are very samey outside of the color palette except for M18 which has open sky, but that Missions is very short and has its own issues that make it less fun to replay.

Higher difficulty V is fun. He's very bland on the first run.

Combat
DMC4>DMC3>DMC5

I honestly don't see how you could say 5 is worse than either and this is coming from someone who sucks 3's combat off like a street hooker just fed cocaine. 4 not so much though.

I agree V was not fun to play as I wish they just let you pick the character for each stage.

It's floaty DMC4 and DMC3 feel better to play

Attached: DMC5 A COMPLETE.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

DMC4 had better environments and gameplay

Attached: DMC4 A COMPLETE.webm (1276x688, 1.71M)

yes. pointless platforming and RE pointless item finding should never be part of a character action game.

>this faggot again

Attached: 1564381788571.webm (624x352, 166K)

but it was at one point, and people still loved and played the games that what your criticizing can be applicable to. but i suppose its what you want in the end.

>floaty DMC4
I can actually see that. It feels easier than ever to JC and stuff but I don't mind that since you have so many more options at your disposal than ever before at once and I was never any good at JC-ing anyway, at least in 4. I was kinda decent at it in 3. It's nothing a Turbo Mode wouldn't fix.

As for 3's combat feeling better, I disagree. 3 feels incredible to play even today but I think 5 beats it out. Stuff like Just Guarding and Royal Releasing in 5 just feels fucking fantastic to land.

>Higher difficulty V is fun. He's very bland on the first run.
Nothing compares to the dopamine rush I get having to send my bird and panther to do my bidding and chip away slowly at damage sponges while I pray I dont get hit for 1/3 of my lifebar long enough so that I can Nightmare to come out and guarantee an SSS rank so that the methhead vocalist can shout through my display speakers.

The entire game feels like it was underwater felt like a huge downgrade. Not even Turbo could fix that

>pointless platforming and RE pointless item finding should never be part of a character action game.

fuck off cunt

Attached: 1552149935350.jpg (500x356, 45K)

I kind of liked how weird the items were and how it helped flesh out the world without necissarily spelling everything out for you.

DMC3 had it so you used the soul of an unconquerable hero to cross an invisible bridge and I found that hilarious.
As long as they don't do that thing where they give you a weapon I want to use but only make it a key to open a door I was okay with it.

I think they should just allow something that could let people make some custom Bloody Palace floors so people could set up neat enemy combos outside of the usual Bloody Palace challenge arrangements. This way people who want to beat up enemies but not necissarily just marathon bloody palace can be pleased while still leaving room to flesh out the campaign more.

JC is way too easy in 5

You can't be a faggot if you try to educate

Mission 2 from DMC5 alone is better than anything in 4 level and enviroment design wise.

It's better then 4, but still feels like it could have been so much better. The enviroments in 5 are only there to allow for the action, instead of enhancing it.

It's really easy as Dante, which again, I don't mind since he has a ton of other systems going on, but I find it way harder as Nero. Can't seem to get JC-ing his air combo down.

DMD or get out

Shit taste

Attached: Try Again.jpg (900x767, 466K)

Fucking zoomer retard, DMC1 had amazing level design

DMC5 > DMC4 > DMC3 > DMC1 >>>>>> DMC2
The only negative in DMC5's combat is missing some moves from 3 and having a slightly floaty gravity

expect DmCfag to migrate to this thread. You have been warned

Just don't rely, and instead just post memes to him

Attached: Dante.full.2530459.png (1300x900, 905K)

You mean Gary?

What are the differences between 4 and 5's combat?

>DMC5 > DMC4 > DMC3 > DMC1 >>>>>> DMC2
3 > 4 imo

Although things get iffy when you factor in the Special Editions. 4 Dante still kinda sucks but everyone else is cool but none of it seems to come together like 3SE imo.

>The only negative in DMC5's combat is missing some moves from 3 and having a slightly floaty gravity
>tfw still no Free Ride for Dante or Nero
>tfw no Wild Stomp
>still no wallrunning
>no Artemis

Attached: E58B897F-F87C-4058-8B16-FD19E8D2CA7D.png (357x500, 293K)

Why don't you stop replying to the faget, he just wants attention.

That’s obvious now.

And yet they still give him replies.

But he’s not here, so it’s okay.

>Dante has four missions
>all of the loading screens
>V
I thought it was a 10 at release, but I fell off so fast and went back to dmc3

dude grey grey grey grey grey with some red tentacles lmao

The loading screens are what did it in for me.
> start game, 30 second loading screen
>DEVIL MAY CRY
>loading screen for 30 seconds
>now you're at the menu
>continue, mission select, etc.
>no matter what you pick, 30 second loading screen
>Mission start screen
>30 second loading
etc etc etc

How in the fuck isn't this patched. XBO. RE2 barely loads at all and it's the same engine.

DMC5
>Attack latency
>Gravity is too high
>Royal guard animation cancelling is too slow
>No turbo
>V
>BP dlc weapon restriction
>No reversals
>No inertia

The difficulty curve of the game put me to sleep.

>3 over 5
you fucking what?

>2019
>being a console fag
play DMC5:CE fagget and support the community

4 is more technical and has a higher skill floor but 5 gives you much, much more options at once.

Nah, I'm fine spending 400 5 years ago instead of paying 2k to play a console port. I actually have friends so

Agreed but change v for Nero. Playing as Nero is a drag.

brainlet who can't handle holding CS3 while use Max Revv

Literally DMC 1 and 3, minus the level design.

I haven't played on a console in 3 years. I'm playing DMC5CE

3 has better combat due to DMC5 downgrading or removing mechanics.